Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Welcome aboard @intersilva !

Rerolls as follows:

Impale=>Dodge
Bone Helm=>Cap
Maiden Spear=>Reflex Bow

Your weapon selection is brutal.

Thanks, and yeah, I am planning to do some area reruns to hunt for Harmony bases and rare javs. Goldstrike arch would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Arili is just level 18 and I'm already feeling the power of Plague Javelin, I have a feeling this will be her central skill for the rest of the game with Strafe as a backup.

I have Dodge and Evade as forever skills, interesting, I am not sure I want to use them though. I will have to be very careful with no Valk/Decoy.

Reactions: Grisu
Avenged has trudged along and avenged and surpassed my last attempted necromancer by smacking Andariel in the face.

He thus also avenged Shiv, my assassin that I retired after a S&E to save her from death in the Arcane Sanctuary. Avenged and his trusty Hulk, I mean Bear, took down Duriel and was rewarded with a two uniques of no use.

So far it has been pretty safe, but my resistance are really bad on Fire(-5) and cold (5). One NDE thus far in NM.

Shockwave was a great idea, thanks everyone who suggested it as a primary way of CC. Been very vital.

Screenshots of fun!
AHHH!!!

Screenshot076.jpg

Nice!

Screenshot077.jpg

Ring was not good!

Screenshot078.jpg

Slow painful death Duriel shall suffer (Mainly due to his aura slowing us down!)

Screenshot079.jpg

Avenged has slain Mephisto!

Avenged wandered through the chaotic jungle and was striking down all who opposed him quite easily with the help of his trusty sidekicks. He then switched to farm mode and was smashing Mephisto quite easily from 60-64.

After I hit 64 I decided to do one more run before heading off to Hell, and was finally rewarded with a new weapon that I promptly upgraded:

Viper Splitter
Bearded Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 55 to 173
Durability: 21 of 35
Required Strength: 92
Required Level: 37
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x62995d74
+6 to Strength
+163% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Maximum Damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
Required Level +5
+33 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1089 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Upon reaching Hell I easily dispatched the minions thrust upon me. Then the unthinkable dropped:

Screenshot083.jpg
and this happened:
Screenshot084.jpg
It happened when I shifted in the middle of combat and the stun wore off at the same time. It also might have happened if the boss was FE and i didn't see it. Not quite sure as I was totally stunned and in shock, even after the shockwaves wore off.

See next spoiler tag for my next attempt...

Barbarian please with 2x Sword and 1x throwing. (For this barbarian, roll the throwing weapon first as if it is one of the axes, it would make axe mastery a valid skill)

@Vang: Very sorry about your deeds! It was a good run!
You usually automatically shift back to Human form with 1 Life if you take lethal damage in Wereform. That is probably what happened...took lethal damage in Wereform, transformed back with 1 life, died instantly...:cry:

Barbarian please with 2x Sword and 1x throwing. (For this barbarian, roll the throwing weapon first as if it is one of the axes, it would make axe mastery a valid skill)

Here you are!

Vang's Barbarian

Weapons:
Balanced Axe
Long Sword
Giant Sword

Armor:
Mask
Medium Armor
Leather Gloves
Heavy Boots
Heavy Belt
Small Shield - > Kite Shield

Class Specific:
Horned Helm

Forever Skills:
Throwing Mastery
Axe Mastery - > Iron Skin (initial reroll)
Leap Attack
Sword Mastery (locked normal skill)

Normal Skills:
Double Swing
Find Potion
Increased Stamina
Mace Mastery - > Battle Orders (auto reroll)

A shame you didn't chosse Axes over Swords...but yeah, your Barb seems to be a Master of all weapons... :rolleyes:

Any rerolls? Do you want to lock a skill? (Lock Sword Mastery and Reroll Axe Mastery, if I may suggest?)

Last edited:
Let's reroll Small Shield and Mace Mastery is an auto re-roll (I can only use throwing, axe, and sword mastery, so the other 3 weapon masteries are auto rerolls)

Let's reroll Small Shield and Mace Mastery is an auto re-roll (I can only use throwing, axe, and sword mastery, so the other 3 weapon masteries are auto rerolls)
Oh, sorry, missed that!

Auto reroll of mace mastery is Battle Orders

Small Shield is now Kite Shield.

Any more rerolls/locks?

Yeah, reroll axe mastery please
Axe Mastery - > Iron Skin

Meh... I noticed how many bad skills for untwinked random play Barbarians have... I mean, they usually need
- Mastery
- one good attack skill
- some crowd control (Howl, War Cry, Grim Ward etc.)

It's quite difficult to get all of those when doing random rolls.

On the other side, I don't know if sorcs are better of with all their need for synergies 😂

@Grisu Thanks. I should have rerolled throwing mastery I think not axe.

I'm debating on locking double swing. Its a solid skill overall. But I may end up using a shield later for the safety net. So We will lock Sword mastery.

Pynache saved Anya and slew Nihlatak.

Had one of those rare unique special chest drops, but nothing usable for me unfortunately:
Screenshot045.jpg

Then there were those lava walking Blood Lords again - they are even capable of dropping items on the lava, so I guess one might be able to teleport onto those patches of lava? Have never tried it though, and my Amazon lacked the Teleport skill to try it :)
Screenshot048.jpg

Toughest part so far was the Halls of Vaught: Had a Viper spawn plus Archers and Spiders. The Vipers killed my merc in instants every time I resurrected him, so I just went with the Amazon as a meat shield (and my Decoy!) to keep them occupied while I hastily threw LF after LF javelin. I didn't even capture the Viper on cursor in this screenshot, because I was scared as hell to die to their poison clouds...

Screenshot052.jpg

Then there came good old Fana Nihlatak,
Screenshot053.jpg

but thanks to my Valkyrie and LF no problem at all.

Screenshot054.jpg

Now I am off to the Glacial Trail. I will perhaps manage to finish Act V tomorrow, so if someone would be so kind as to roll my Hell skill set?

here are my Forever Skills as a reminder:

Lightning Fury
Decoy
Multiple Shot
Valkyrie

Pynache, the level 72 Fury/Guided Arrow Zon, with Healfdane, the Barbarian (using an "Honor" Zweihander)

Reactions: Vildecor
There are parts of Act V that I really like, and parts that I like less, though it depends on the character. Ironchad has a great two hander, though in normal, it tends to be a better idea to keep Rhyme equipped while my mercenary kills things, just for more MF. That means that Ironchad's damage output is pretty mediocre. Unfortunately for now, so is my mercenary's. In NM, it should get a lot better once 4os polearms are available, and maybe a runeword maul, but we'll see.

With our damage problems, the "hell" side areas can be really annoying with overseers and hell lords both having lots of hp. Also, the underground cave systems end up being a slog if you roll lame enemies. In my case, Glacial Trail by itself took over an hour. I rolled Hell Lords, Frozen Horrors, and Death Maulers. It was awful. Mercenary and I were constantly slowed by the horrors, taking lots of damage from frenzied hell lords, and when a group of maulers joined it got even worse.

We made it though! And defeated the Ancients. I'll finish Normal in the next day or two, so would someone do me the honors of rolling NM?

Reactions: Grisu
@Grisu Nice write up and here you go:

Ice Arrow
Valkyrie=>Dodge
Jab
Impale

Sorry about those rolls :unsure:
Well, only balancing the scales after my Barbarian roll for you, I guess xD

Phew, that is going to be rough. No synergies whatsoever. I guess I will again rely on LF (without synergies) for Mobs and on Ice Arrow and Jan for single targets. I think I am not crazy enough to actually try Impale with Javelins...

Well, Valkyrie and the Barbarian will be busy, I guess!

Edit: @Dazliare: could you give us your forever skills or point to the post with your character roll?

• Haha
Reactions: Vang
Grisu said:
@Dazliare: could you give us your forever skills or point to the post with your character roll?

Found it!

Weapons:
Maul
Great Maul->Mace
Bardiche

Armor:
Heavy Armor
Large Shield
Great Helm
Leather Gloves
Light Plated Boots
Belt
Fanged Helm

Forever Skills
Find Item
Natural Resistance
Concentrate

Nightmare Skills
Whirlwind
Frenzy
Bash
Spear Mastery (auto-reroll) -> Bash (auto-reroll) -> Mace Mastery
Grim Ward

Some pretty sweet skill rolls if I may say so @Dazliare. Care to lock any of them?

• Wow
Reactions: Vang and Grisu
Well I decided to call my Barbarian Eli as I would run blindly through areas. I actually originally intended to keep it p1 and just slosh through the game hap-hazardly, but decided to get some levels prior to Duriel in the Arcane sanctuary and the Tombs (hit level 24). Quite a number of NDES. I am not sure how Eli is still alive to be frankly honest, but Leap Attack is a great escape mechanic. It has keep me alive numerous times in a pinch, and other times I'm hoping I can find a path out of danger when I'm being bludgeoned to death slowly and have no mana pots.

Maybe it is just me, but it is really hard for me to capture a Screen in the moment of an NDE, maybe I should start to record videos and find them, capture the still.

Screenshot086.jpg

One awesome ring!

Screenshot087.jpg

Screenshot088.jpg

Reactions: Grisu and Vildecor
Found it!

Weapons:
Maul
Great Maul->Mace
Bardiche

Armor:
Heavy Armor
Large Shield
Great Helm
Leather Gloves
Light Plated Boots
Belt
Fanged Helm

Forever Skills
Find Item
Natural Resistance
Concentrate

Nightmare Skills
Whirlwind
Frenzy
Bash
Spear Mastery (auto-reroll) -> Bash (auto-reroll) -> Mace Mastery
Grim Ward

Some pretty sweet skill rolls if I may say so @Dazliare. Care to lock any of them?

Thank you my friend! How many locks can I do? If just one, let's lock Mace Mastery. That will help soooo much with AR. If I get two, I'll lock WW as well.

And yep, those are fantastic rolls

Only one skill can be locked, so Mace Mastery it is!

Forever Skills
Find Item
Natural Resistance
Concentrate
Mace Mastery (locked from NM skills)

Nightmare Skills
Whirlwind
Frenzy
Bash
Grim Ward

Weapons
Maul