Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Morning session brought Frida to 49 2/3rd, then decided to gamble for gloves as if i understood it correctly, it is the last best level for 2/20 gambling.

Guess what? No 2/20 ;)

First gambled pair, using Edge
VNr9u3Yl.jpg

RxKl0VXl.jpg

GNfy9hrl.jpg

SB5Nxo5l.jpg

And the last one of interest, will probably be put in use in NM
qnnAfSol.jpg

Next real session should bring lvl 52, this evening or tomorrow :)

Reactions: Pb_pal
Sorry @Babyhell, was busy doing some drinking. I'll get on your horrible rolls now.

Well DAMN! I guess the wait was worth it, and hopefully this will redeem me from that *Freezing Arrow* fiasco:

Forever Skills
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice arrow (initial reroll)

Nightmare Skills
Cold Arrow
Lightning Fury
Fend
Charged Strike -> Freezing Arrow
Exploding Arrow

AHEM! Which of these amazing skills do you plan on locking?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
I guess there's a lack on Fend reroll. But Holy sh...!

Freezing arrow or Lightning Fury... not sure it is even questionable... I'll wait for the Fend reroll.

Edit: well if fate decided too! Let's lock LF! And for NM I have access to a fully synergized Freezing arrow...Oo

I'm pretty sure you only get one skill reroll (on forever skills) and none for normal/nm/hell skills.

Edit...Fend's a forever skill. Duh! Did I mention I had been drinking?
(Fend -> Inner Sight)

Forever Skills
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice arrow (initial reroll)
Lightning Fury (locked from NM skills)

Nightmare Skills
Cold Arrow
Fend -> Inner Sight
Charged Strike -> Freezing Arrow
Exploding Arrow

That status for Hell would be Godly. Just hoping for some Decoy or Valkyrie instead of Fend to be a fully OP NM run xD

Edit: yes, but I have now Fend in NM skills and forever skills, so the NM one should be automatically rerolled ;)

Edit2: thanks (I guess it's the definite word here).

So in the end I have:
- LF/CS as forever skills
- Freezing arrow with the two synergies
- Immolation arrow via Kuko and the damage boost synergy of course forbidden

Sure I can fail, but oh boy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
And yes, lots of celebration for LF, but don't forget: I got you 3 bow skills this time! And a fully synergizable Freezing Arrow to boot. Too bad you can only lock one skill.

Babyhell said:
Edit2: thanks (I guess it's the definite word here).

So in the end I have:
- LF/CS as forever skills
- Freezing arrow with the two synergies
- Immolation arrow via Kuko and the damage boost synergy

Sure I can fail, but oh boy...

I fully expect Champion status in less than a week with these rolls!

Reactions: Vang
@Babyhell correct me if I am wrong - but I don't think you can use Immolation arrow.

8. CTC, Charges and passive skills granted from items are allowed. Activated class skills(Berserk, Firebolt, etc) and outside skills are not allowed.

Immolation arrow would count as an activated class skill from Kuko.

@Babyhell correct me if I am wrong - but I don't think you can use Immolation arrow.

8. CTC, Charges and passive skills granted from items are allowed. Activated class skills(Berserk, Firebolt, etc) and outside skills are not allowed.

Immolation arrow would count as an activated class skill from Kuko.

Yeah, that's correct. Immo was a normal skill, but it's gone now!

Oh I see - makes sense now.

Anyway just finished Act 1 with Rurisk the level 20 SP Paladin.

Had a pretty awesome Act 1 getting no less than 5 experience shrines - which is amazing for a SP character.
Screenshot053.jpg

This one in particular was really good given proximity to waypoint (you'll note I already have an exp shrine on. I saved that one for Tristram and managed to get 2 x packs with it for sweet sweet exp.

Screenshot054.jpg

This was a particularly nice drop given a) it was useable and b) it has poison length reduced by 75% which was great against andy.

Screenshot058.jpg
Had a really weird layout for Jail 2. Note where the down staircases are (kind of in the middle of the map. Thought it was kind of interesting.

finally the Andy kill. All unuseable items and no topaz either

Screenshot068.jpg

On to Act 2

Edited as last post. now contains:
NM starting status
Act 1 runthrough

Right, it's gone now! I used it a bit - only for testing really - in Normal for the fun of item unlocking, I forgot that in the Fury happiness ;-)

Less than a week... how many hours total? I have to take care about Fire enchanted in NM ;-)

Oh and I'm thinking: Razortail, Light belt... adds up a Titan and RNG is set :love:

Edit: clvl 55 hit! Only new find is a Kelpie Snare - Baal was petrified! Let's start NM on next session!
gBWS4DCl.jpg

NM Starting status
Given my skills, i put a full 0 points in passive skill tree... having only Inner Sight may not be worth put points in it - maybe i'm wrong, but i chose to go LF/CS/FA
tshh0KJl.jpg

DfnYsoyl.jpg

5RKOyxSl.jpg

Let's see how it works in Act 1!

Act 1 rollover
Being lvl 55 and almost max resistances has its advantages, but for sure Frida won't be leveling efficiently before Act 3... so i went the p1/p3 route.
Also, started to meet Lightning immunes... having Freezing arrow at a decent level helps a lot!

Anyway, Act 1 is now complete. Good news? Countess is quite quick. But she didn't deliver a single Sol yet... My Lore is still an Ort War Hat xD
nWvjY6xl.jpg

Pally ammy
80YyFcll.jpg

Insight bases found yet
UhEPbVkl.jpg

Qgq4MVQl.jpg

Blinkbat's. Haven't found usable unique yet
Cz7fDNJl.jpg

Act 1 complete!
644fX9pl.jpg

Waiting NM to find this belt... oh well.
TeZZqLel.jpg

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     55     Lut Gholein NM         18
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     30     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     21     Canyon o' Magi          3
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
Act 2 NM: a worm's Insight ruled the Valley of Snakes

Drops started while trying to find the Maggot's lair, with the so much awaited Sol rune:
gMhZtR5l.jpg

And quickly afterwards in the Maggot's lair...
mZCV81zl.jpg

After muling in the runes... not a great roll on aura, but the damage is so much higher than the Kelpie Snare!
40TWP9cl.jpg

Not sure Tunnels are worth running it in NM, but here's the map access...kinda close to the waypoint
aJkd6Srl.jpg

The run didn't gave anything, had to wait the Claw Viper to find... a Raven Claw
TJNvot8l.jpg

Fangskin gave lvl 56, and so the staff was crafted
uU55L0Nl.jpg

Next session: through the Arcane Sanctuary and Duriel :)

Had to stop, kid is now awaken :)
5HKUItFl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor and Grisu
And another victory for the light(ning Fury Zon)!
Screenshot015.jpg

Biggest problem was to keep the Valkyrie alive...my merc was teleport-bugged (unknowingly, but it did serve well in the end). That way, he could bash Andariel unhindered and only suffered from her area attacks.

LF is an all star even without synergies, whereas Plague Javelin without synergies is simply...underwhelming. But that is no news to me (shameless self-promoting). Do I really have to Guardian the same Random character twice? :oops:

Anyways, besides the SoJ I posted above, there is another beauty I will not withhold:

Screenshot014.jpg

Momentarily, I still use my magical MF rings for the higher MF, but I will probably switch somewhere later in NM.

All in all no dangerous encounters, but lots of cursed ranged boss packs, where I was thankful for my Valkyrie as a meat shield.

Pynache, level 53 LF Zon, with Healfdane, the Barbarian. NM Lut Gholein next.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     55     Lut Gholein NM         18
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         18
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     30     Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Rurisk pushed through Act II and Act III and is now upto Act Iv.

Currently playing as a combo of holy frost and concentration. Typically using holy frost to slow things and either kill with that or if the Merc is doing most of the damage switch to Concentration. I did think about playing it as a hammerdin, but settled for this instead. Had some decent luck over those two acts including a 30% MF Nagel Ring.

I also keep getting experience shrines for some reason, 2x in Act II and 2 in Act III. So I am Level 31 heading into Act Iv, which I think is the highest I've ever been single pass.

Screenshot003.jpgScreenshot004.jpgScreenshot005.jpgScreenshot006.jpg

The heraldic shield was ok and useable, so running with that for now. I also got a white one in Act 3, which I've saved for a possible imbue and a 2os one for possible Rhyme.

Screenshot008.jpg

Screenshot009.jpg

Screenshot014.jpg

Nokazan relic This will come handy against Big D.

Screenshot016.jpg

Sol rune from Council is nice.

Screenshot017.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot015.jpg
    Screenshot015.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 3
Frida on her way to Pandemonium
Act 2 and 3 completed! As planned by @Vildecor, it will be a quick run through, as i don't go full clear nor p8 all the way. But still gaining levels since Act 3, i bet Act 4 will accelerate things.

Last session stopped in AS. the first leg was the good one, and therefore, the status before Duriel fight was this one:
CbVFsP2l.jpg

Don't ask me why i kept it!
a6WkKw8l.jpg

I decided to complete the level, went to AS for that, it required almost a full clear
1v3etanl.jpg

Easy empty - as usual
cAWZVfnl.jpg

Luck on the start of Act 3!
AQUPT8il.jpg

Sszarr brought a really close call, but the cavern gave this fantastic charm!!! (No, Sszarr dropped a Cathan's seal)
UIF262Bl.jpg

The second rare maiden javelin found, the first really dropped... not worth using it (hoping for a self repair mod)
Fdj24RTl.jpg

Thou Shalt Not Use...
vqmOcuLl.jpg

The VERY first LK special chest opened (check the players set to 7 in the upper corner):
VCRoIP0l.jpg

Thou Shalt Not Use either...
KEZEJ3Wl.jpg

CVhXfn4l.jpg

One of the last picks, as i decided to run until level up (only merc killing mobs while i was running)
4mCs5Mil.jpg

This will be interesting for LK running in NM or Hell!
R3dM4fil.jpg

Heart attack... could take a pick right after when Sarina and her troops came in - Lightning Fury for life!!!
Jyak8Tal.jpg

Council was taken care of carefully due to Fire explosion... Freezing arrow FTW!
vGWXFCSl.jpg

This NM Mephisto map is great!
DxAFzHFl.jpg

And in the end, he eventually died...
pMlYu2Kl.jpg

Final status: Pandemonium Fortress, clvl 60!
S8XmjICl.jpg

As a bonus, some dumps of some LK finds. I think there can be skillers dropped here, but haven't found one yet. Not sure to run it more than when i have the feeling i wouldn't progress in the questing. Maybe before entering hell if i need more/better charms, or craft some resistance armor :)
Plague Brow
Spirit Mask
Defense: 64
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x70988a9a
Item Level: 52
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to Druid Skill Levels
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+30 to Attack Rating
+1 to Hurricane (Druid Only)
+3 to Shock Wave (Druid Only)
+79% Enhanced Defense
+9 to Life
+4 to Mana
+3 to Light Radius

Targe
Defense: 8
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 16
Fingerprint: 0xbb28eb15
Item Level: 51
45% Enhanced Damage
+92 to Attack Rating
3 Sockets (0 used)

Platinum Circlet of the Whale
Circlet
Defense: 26
Durability: 28 of 35
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x7ce3ef66
Unidentified
+116 to Attack Rating
+88 to Life

Coral Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x3b3b131c
Unidentified
+1 to Strength
Lightning Resist +8%

Large Charm of Balance
Large Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x9d10cf3e
Unidentified
+8% Faster Hit Recovery

Shadow Touch
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xac14ae35
Unidentified
+28 to Attack Rating
2% Mana stolen per hit
All Resistances +4
Poison Resist +10%
Level 1 Confuse (15/22 Charges)

Fine Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x27cca5e4
Unidentified
+2 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     60     Pandemonium Fortress   24
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         18

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High