Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Seruphi the fire sorceress started out slowly, purchasing a plain Long Staff at the first opportunity and switching between smacking things with it and throwing out Fire Bolts. Most early stat points went straight to strength, and soon she had enough to equip both a Full Helm and Scale Mail as soon as they showed up in the gambling screen. Right before hitting the tower, I decided to shop Akara for a bit to see if I could find a nice Leaf base. I decided I would settle for just +2 to Fire Ball, since she doesn't offer many Long Staves.

niieiJx.jpg

That done, she blazed through the tower, realizing it was high time for some investment into Energy to keep from having half her inventory stocked with mana potions.

wZjFY5Q.jpg

I was really, really hoping for an early Ral rune to be able to make Leaf early in Act II. Maybe I should have dropped to p1 for the Countess... I'll just probably end up making Stealth in a Scale Mail until I can get access to four socket armors for perfect topazes.

The rest of Act I really flew by thanks to Fire Ball and a comfortable 50 points into Energy. Before I knew it, it was time for Andariel. I dropped to p3 as I usually do, but I really didn't need to.

PaI1zvE.jpg

That's about as close as she got to me, hit me with poison once, and promptly melted. No red or blue pots needed. She left behind a bunch of junk, and I hit up Lut Gholein for a new mercenary and some more shopping.

Less than 10 minutes at Drognan yielded this find:

p2fwICv.jpg

I was able to afford it after selling the +2 Fire Ball staff and a couple of Triumphant Rings of the Apprentice from my stash. Can I dare hope to get Chain Lightning as a skill in NM, maybe?

Gearwise, she's looking OK. MF on boots, gloves, 1 ring, and amulet. Full Helm and Scale Mail have some resistance at least, and now that I can shop them (once I have some more gold), I can start looking for better stuff. I was able to use 2 gem shrines to get a normal topaz, and as soon as it reaches perfect, I'll be dropping it in a socketed Full Helm for sure. Only one NDE so far, by accidentally failing to get out of Pitspawn Fouldog's death frost nova radius, leaving her with 13 health left. No screenie for this one, as the rejuv button was the first reaction!

Seruphi, level 20 Fire Sorceress, Lut Gholein

Sign-ups are closed for this tournament, characters may still be worked on until the end of Sanctuary.

Random Tournament 2021 (D2:R edition!) will launch once D2:R is in a largely available Alpha/beta or launch.

**Note some cool changes will incur and that D2:R will not be required to participate.

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High