PureDiablo Trading Marketplace Rules, Etiquette, and FAQ

Nokk

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Diablo 2 Trader Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Marketplace Rules

• First of all, be respectful of other players. This is ultimately a game, we are here to have fun and enjoy our time with this community. No trolling, no insults and debates must remain civil

• No outside advertising other sites, listings, or private auctions. Anything considered to be doing so will be removed. Avoid trading through private messages, BNet, or Discord. Be wary of traders that encourage you to do so.

• Real money, credits, or other out-of-game currency is forbidden and posts with these on offer will be removed without question.

• The only trade post we allow is for trading in-game items or services. Posts about trading characters, accounts or soliciting services outside of game are forbidden. Posts asking for free items are not allowed.

• False advertising, not having the items to trade, substitutions, or other tactics are forbidden. Be honest and forthright when making or offering a trade.

• Do not bump threads with less than 24 hours from the initial post. Additionally, do not spam this forum, post outside links or respond to spam. Report the spam and move on.

• Trade at your own risk. We are not responsible for the trades offered or accepted on the marketplace.

• Trade hijacking is strickly forbidden. You must NOT post in another person's trade offering the same item. You must create your own trade. Timed and perm bans will be enforced for persistent offenders.

• No Flooding. Posts in the Quick Trade forum are limited to three (3) per hour per user to prevent the abuse by a user 'flooding' the front page of the market with their trades.

Marketplace Etiquette

Topic titles should be short and follow this template:

[PC/Xbox/PS5][Realm][L or NL][SC or HC] FT or FS / WTT or WTS / ISO then the item name. You may also include what you are offering.

For example:

[PC][Americas][NL][SC] ISO Enigma for HR

Terms used include:
  • NL - Non-Ladder
  • SC - Softcore
  • HC - Hardcore
  • FT - For Trade
  • FS - For sale
  • ISO - In Search of

Special characters, S P A C E D C H A R A C T E R S, emojis, and repeated words are highly discouraged.

Posting images of your items is encouraged, but please list the stats of your item for trade in your post or title. Name, item type, lvl required and attributes should be included for accessibility to all players.

Begging is not allowed but helping new members to our community is encouraged. Please remember our first rule: Be Respectful.

If you agree to a trade, it is on you to complete that trade or you can be at risk of violating the false advertising rule. Do not agree to a trade if you can not complete the trade.

Finally. When your trade is complete. The Trader must "CLOSE YOUR TRADE" on completion to prevent any other comments / offers. This can be done at the top of the trade.

Marketplace FAQ

If I have a character playing in the EU, can I trade with players playing in the America region?

Yes, you need to close the game down, change the region in the BattleNet launcher, and relaunch the game.

If you have questions and answers you want us to add to the FAQ, please post them below and we'll add them in.

Last edited:
Might I ask why we cannot offer services like rushes or leveling? I thoroughly enjoy giving people help more than I like hunting for specific items, guaranteed progress for work done on behalf of another as opposed to constant dice rolling only.

Reactions: Aybabtu1464
Might I ask why we cannot offer services like rushes or leveling? I thoroughly enjoy giving people help more than I like hunting for specific items, guaranteed progress for work done on behalf of another as opposed to constant dice rolling only.
We will look into it, but offering trades is what the Marketplace has been set up for. If it were to be implemented, in some fashion, we'd separate it from the Marketplace. For now, please stop by our Discord and visit #lfg-d2r (just be aware of the rules there as well)

How do people feel about undercutting/hijacking trade threads? I've been noticing this and a few other issues lately. I've never been a fan of stuff like that. I also kinda feel like a lot of people aren't looking at these guidelines. Any thoughts?

Side note : This site is awesome. Really helps fill in the massive gap for console players not being able to communicate directly in game.

Reactions: Warwolf_24
How do people feel about undercutting/hijacking trade threads? I've been noticing this and a few other issues lately. I've never been a fan of stuff like that. I also kinda feel like a lot of people aren't looking at these guidelines. Any thoughts?

Side note : This site is awesome. Really helps fill in the massive gap for console players not being able to communicate directly in game.

The rules have been updated and forbids 'sniping.' We will be monitoring this activity. Please report these users and their posts if you see them.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate the feedback.

Attachments

• 1634480886911.png
    1634480886911.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
Ok good rules.

Purediablo has deleted negative feedback that I had given a user who was trolling a trade thread of mine. Even though trolling is a violation of community guidelines. I believe I deserve an as to why this feedback was deleted.

I’m noticing that precious few trades actually follow the Marketplace Etiquette. Full stats aren’t posted, even fewer pics. As a new trader, I’m doing my best to abide by rules and market etiquette. Is there a reason why market etiquette isn’t being enforced?

Etiquette is a set of guidelines - but are not rules infractions. If someone is breaking the rules, they get reported and get a warning. If a trader is not posting pictures or the full stats, and one of the mods notice this, we will post a reminder about our guidelines. If you see a trader is consistently not following the etiquette you can reply with @Nokk to the thread and I will come in to remind them.

Thanks for reaching out and I'll keep my eyes open.

Reactions: NGRU_Storm
You can support the site and as a bonus you get the ads removed, yes!

Is it just me?
it gets really frustrating to trade here
Threads are closed without notice, bids are being compared with in game and other sides, leading offers are mentioned as somewhere else...
Besides crafting mats, I feel there is no use to trade here anymore.

No single soul follows the rules and the etiquette.

I reported several of those threads/new members and I don’t see actions being taken.

Its getting worse and worse.

I hope ladder will also “reset” this...

maybe it’s a generation thing, I don’t know... I’m getting old lol, but it sure doesn’t have the friendly feeling of the old diabloII .net

Reactions: BOBNOXIOUS904
What pisses me off is when people put up a add they get the offers and don’t even respond.
I’m not to serious about it just like to trade things to see what I can get. But people shouldn’t just say bump

Is it just me?
Threads are closed without notice, bids are being compared with in game and other sides, leading offers are mentioned as somewhere else...

I reported several of those threads/new members and I don’t see actions being taken.

maybe it’s a generation thing, I don’t know... I’m getting old lol, but it sure doesn’t have the friendly feeling of the old diabloII .net

I'm looking into this. Thanks for your feedback, Sopper.

Is it just me?

I looked through some of the activity in the past week and it is obvious that we have a lot of new traders around here. I know that is no excuse, but we want as many people to trade on here as possible with the least amount of restrictions to create the most amount of opportunities for our members to make trades, find what they need and hopefully get a good deal. That said, if someone is breaking the rules the moderation team will step in - lock/close threads, hand out warnings and ban members who don't correct their behavior. Our mods have a tough job, trying to figure out who is right/wrong, what corrective actions to take and what punishments to hand out. But one thing is clear: they are consistent with their rulings and they apply the same to every user. I think that is crucial to earning the trust of the community and a user may not agree with our rulings, but they will acknowledge that it was an impartial ruling.

As far as etiquette goes - the community has done well with making sure members are aware of the proper way to do things. I see people asking for others to tag their posts, telling them if they are way too high / too low, or not responding to offers. We don't expect that everyone will follow these community standards, but when those users don't get any trades, they start to realize that they need to change their ways. Like I said, there is a lot of new players on here and they don't always read these rules and etiquette. Let us know and we will drop in the thread and give them a reminder.

I wish I had the perfect fix for 'the friendly feeling of the old diabloii.net' - that is something that I dearly long for. I think one thing was that you saw the same people every day for 5-6 years and that made it really special. We've only been doing this for 90 days, so I don't think we've had time to build that yet. That's what's great about the feedback system, because you can see who is a good trader and who is a bad trader. You can see who has a lot of posts and a lot of positive replies. You have a way to measure someone you are trading with and that makes up (a little bit) for that well developed group of traders that we had back on the old site.

As time goes on, I think this community will be every bit as good as the good old days - but it is going through some growing pains. We are way past the volume of trades that we were doing a month ago or 3 months ago. So that means more of those etiquette/manner issues are magnified, but it also means you can trade your items faster and get better deals! I hope everyone sticks around, because there is a lot more game left to play. We want to make sure this place is as great for the rookies as well as the veterans. Hope that clears things up and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Reactions: BOBNOXIOUS904
I think it’s not growing pain
i think it’s whole new generations, youngsters, who are, and I do say this with respect, different then “we“ , the older generation.
So I guess “we” have to get used to it.

Anyways, I’ll try to let it go. Won’t interfere anymore.

What pisses me off is when people put up a add they get the offers and don’t even respond.
I’m not to serious about it just like to trade things to see what I can get. But people shouldn’t just say bump
First off, no one is required to respond to a post on their thread. If they choose not to, they have their own reasons why they chose not to.

Second, YOU YOURSELF, have repeatedly tried to take advantage of people on this site. Knowing very well what you are doing.

I make a thread for a 5/5/3 CTA and you offer 5xIST knowing damn well that’s is an insultingly low offer.

People have started calling you out on your nonsense and you respond with “I’m just trying to get the bidding going.” Nobody needs you to get the bidding started, they need you to put in a serious bid that doesn’t involve you lowballing them. If you’d just approach trading differently than you have been, you would have way more trades and most likely more positive feedback.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High