PureDiablo Trading Marketplace Rules, Etiquette, and FAQ

I put one low ball in on a CTA that I had no idea what the actual cost was.
First time trying to get one.
If I’m “low balling”. Just don’t take the offer I put out.
I see it all the time on here should I call out every time I see people do it. It was a mistake. I apologized why bring it up again.
Should the price of what’s listed be the exact price depicted on the list or should it be negotiable.
I see people asking a lot more then what the actual price is.
Get over yourself.

It’s like I’m making money playing this stupid game. I was enjoying it for a bit but did one thing and getting called out on it.
Every trader on here and I’m not. Does the same thing or what’s the point.
I’m going to give my baby a bath thanks for the advice. Have better things to think about than a stupid trade.

Is it just me?
it gets really frustrating to trade here
Threads are closed without notice, bids are being compared with in game and other sides, leading offers are mentioned as somewhere else...
Besides crafting mats, I feel there is no use to trade here anymore.

No single soul follows the rules and the etiquette.

I reported several of those threads/new members and I don’t see actions being taken.

Its getting worse and worse.

I hope ladder will also “reset” this...

maybe it’s a generation thing, I don’t know... I’m getting old lol, but it sure doesn’t have the friendly feeling of the old diabloII .net
To be honest Sopper, I agree with most of what you said in this post and in your reply to Nokks reply to your initial post.

I’ve noticed a deterioration in the effectiveness of trading on this site as well. However I do still feel this is one of the top sites to trade on. I’ll admit that I trade on multiple sites and have pointed others to using multiple sites as well.

This drop off in effectiveness IMO directly coincides with the price guide update stoppage and implementation of the auto price check tool. The auto checker does not work correctly if at all. I’ve tried multiple times to use it and repeatedly get “this item can’t be found or doesn’t exist” type of responses when using the search bar in the auto checker. If that doesn’t happen I’ll get a full page of coding text.

While I realize that the older method was slower in updating values, it was clearly better in terms of ease of use and clarity.

Yes, there were raised concerns about what seemed like traders, such as Sopper, stating what a value was and then Nokk implementing said values in the guide. It came across as “insider trading/price tampering”. I myself was concerned with this issue.

Understandably, one of the purposed benefits of the auto system would be the negation of this possibility/elevate the notion of nefarious actions taking place. After reflecting on this issue for a few weeks I feel there was not any actual nefarious intentions/actions from Sopper, I do genuinely believe he was trying to help Nokk who, I am assuming, has his hands full with IRL responsibilities coupled with the further responsibilities of keeping this site up and running. Thank you to the both of you for your efforts.

However, the auto checker needs a serious amount of retooling/changes made to it to be more user friendly. It may be better, FOR THE TIME BEING, to go back to the price guide updates until the auto checker becomes more user friendly. I understand this is easier said than done.

I’m am by no means a perfect trader, but I do try to follow the guidelines. I will make a more concerted effort to be better at this and help others do so as well.

@Sopper, keep at it, this may just be a rough patch/growing pains with the influx of new traders as Nokk stated in his reply. If everyone tries to do their part this trading community will become even larger and better for all involved.

*Soapbox rant ended*

I agree as well.
Appreciate soppers approach and will do better in the future.
Everyone on this platform should do the same. I apologize and ready to move on.

Reactions: BOBNOXIOUS904
I put one low ball in on a CTA that I had no idea what the actual cost was.
First time trying to get one.
If I’m “low balling”. Just don’t take the offer I put out.
I see it all the time on here should I call out every time I see people do it. It was a mistake. I apologized why bring it up again.
Should the price of what’s listed be the exact price depicted on the list or should it be negotiable.
I see people asking a lot more then what the actual price is.
Get over yourself.
I brought it up because you were complaining about the community and your interactions within it.

That wasn’t the first time you tried lowballing someone. Multiple people messaged me about you and your offers. I’ve been trading on this site for a while and you are the only person that has been called out like that.

You are correct other people on the site have made lowball offers (they are also wrong for doing so), however the extent and the amount of times you have done so resulted in you being called out.

You also have apologized and made it clear you would no longer lowball people, that’s has been noticed and well received as it should be.

The reason I replied to your post was help further the discussion in the thread. If people were to approach trading differently, such as, trying to make the trade beneficial to both parties involved instead of a “me first” mentality. Trades would become more advantageous to all involved and thus trade frequency will increase.

I wasn’t complaining about the community. Or this site. I will however complaint about people like you.
What do you want me to do. Go threw every post on here and if the price paid is not the exact same price as listed intervene.
I’ve lost a lot more then gained on this site.
I made a mistake.
Get over it.

It’s all good I’m over it no point dragging this discussion on. Like I said will not do it in the future. It’s need a learning curve for me been on here less then a month and still learning cost for different items.

To be honest Sopper, I agree with most of what you said in this post and in your reply to Nokks reply to your initial post.

I’ve noticed a deterioration in the effectiveness of trading on this site as well. However I do still feel this is one of the top sites to trade on. I’ll admit that I trade on multiple sites and have pointed others to using multiple sites as well.

This drop off in effectiveness IMO directly coincides with the price guide update stoppage and implementation of the auto price check tool. The auto checker does not work correctly if at all. I’ve tried multiple times to use it and repeatedly get “this item can’t be found or doesn’t exist” type of responses when using the search bar in the auto checker. If that doesn’t happen I’ll get a full page of coding text.

While I realize that the older method was slower in updating values, it was clearly better in terms of ease of use and clarity.

Yes, there were raised concerns about what seemed like traders, such as Sopper, stating what a value was and then Nokk implementing said values in the guide. It came across as “insider trading/price tampering”. I myself was concerned with this issue.

Understandably, one of the purposed benefits of the auto system would be the negation of this possibility/elevate the notion of nefarious actions taking place. After reflecting on this issue for a few weeks I feel there was not any actual nefarious intentions/actions from Sopper, I do genuinely believe he was trying to help Nokk who, I am assuming, has his hands full with IRL responsibilities coupled with the further responsibilities of keeping this site up and running. Thank you to the both of you for your efforts.

However, the auto checker needs a serious amount of retooling/changes made to it to be more user friendly. It may be better, FOR THE TIME BEING, to go back to the price guide updates until the auto checker becomes more user friendly. I understand this is easier said than done.

I’m am by no means a perfect trader, but I do try to follow the guidelines. I will make a more concerted effort to be better at this and help others do so as well.

@Sopper, keep at it, this may just be a rough patch/growing pains with the influx of new traders as Nokk stated in his reply. If everyone tries to do their part this trading community will become even larger and better for all involved.

*Soapbox rant ended*
Ha Bob, thanks for your reply :)
I will continue to help people with pricechecks and guiding with values.
I sometimes wonder why i do this... not everyone is happy with my valuation or/and don't understand how economics work > supply and demand

Reactions: BOBNOXIOUS904
So, how does one earn the Trusted Trader badge? I don't think there is a clear explanation of how badges are earned that I could find

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High