Pure Diablo Forum Mafia Game #1 [Game over, mafia win]

You were like a giant wave that just kept crashing down on iou and he was just a rock that wasn't moving.

I guess the only real question I really had left was were you going to take that wave and crash it down on me, and I guess you could have turned it at some point, but were you going to?

I have a comment thats probably going to make you not feel much better but up to you if you want to read it:

I was actually at a get together yesterday when the day started and already had a few beers. Once iou had thrown down a vote right away I completely fucking forgot that there was no lock, so I rushed a reason to Vote and the Unvote was actually a complete backtrack to make it seem like I was acting too quickly once I reread the rules.

You were like a giant wave that just kept crashing down on iou and he was just a rock that wasn't moving.

I guess the only real question I really had left was were you going to take that wave and crash it down on me, and I guess you could have turned it at some point, but were you going to?
🌊 vs. 🌄
If I only had a few million years, I could have eroded that rock away.. :ROFLMAO:

With IOUs insta vote (expected), plus your unvote/"deliberation", I had no option but to assume you were town. I actually suspected you up until that UnVote. I was yelling at him right off the bat, cuz I forgot there was no lock as well.

I really didn't want to drag it on forever. I first really just needed to undo my **** up, and then build up enough of a backing that IOU wouldn't for some reason change his mind if you decided to turn your attention to me. That was about the point where I offered up the position of ending early the first time because by then it wasn't moving one way or another unless something drastic happened.

No hard feelings @Pyrotechnician, and I hope @ioupain as well. I feel better knowing it wasnt some massochistic form of entertainment.. If you would have left your initial vote on me, I am sure I would have been pushing hard against you instead.

Maybe my takeaway from this is that I may take this a bit too seriously. Im not nearly as bad as Noodle though.. :ROFLMAO:

You could be more like Noodle though.

*runs*

I was expecting a super hard battle today honestly, but IOU made it a little easier... I literally zero other options outside of kill Noodle, and vanilla ice you, and hoping that my vanilla power would go before your doc save. I had nothing else. Trying to kill anyone outside of Noodle was going to leave two confirmed towns because I didn't know if you could self protect or not, and if I did go for you, Noodle would have another result, i.e. game over.

After that happened I almost fully expected a full on impact from you since you were starting to get scum reads on me yesterday, and IOU always thought I was scum, so I was going to be on the defense right away. After IOU came out of the gate with the vote on you I had to switch gears entirely. I actually did one full analysis post targeting IOU almost as long as the one I actually posted last night, it sucks going after the new guy but figured you and I were kind of aligned more often than not. I essentially wrote out step by step what I did, but worded it trying to spin it that IOU did it. I.e. IOU must have vanilla iced you because he would have no other options but to do that and kill noodle. After I wrote it though, I realized that you were probably smart enough that you could pick up that you could just flip my name with IOUs, and I was done for because you could probably attribute his instant vote to being new. If you remember when I was saying how scum sometimes slip what they know as true, as a possibility or question, that is definitely a thing and a risk I didn't want to take, so I rewrote it and went after you so it seemed like I had enough support for a vote so that I could get enough backing from IOU to the point where he wouldn't move.

If you want to read even just the last day phase of one game I played, look for the Sathoris Mystery Box game (2014ish). I was in the same exact spot as you, except I was serial killer, so they were right I was scum, but I fought tooth and nail against them, I refused to let the day end early, I must of wrote a full book over those two days, and thats what this game was reminding me of at the end. Thats the game where I kind of started to step back from Mafia myself until I eventually stopped playing for a while.

Reactions: D2DC
Waves dont retreat. They just keep coming. And, beware if they do, because a tsunami is inbound!

edit: New game sign up

Last edited:
Last edited:
Iou is awfully quiet now. So @ioupain I think this is probably the most appropriate time to ask, what did you think of your first mafia game? LOL....ugh.

That's because you posted that at 3AM my time.

I think what he's saying is he didn't have fun, and that the vanillalizer role would be considered a weird mechanic.

If I were to read between the lines.

I think what he's saying is he didn't have fun, and that the vanillalizer role would be considered a weird mechanic.

It's a standard mafia ability.

Besides, you haven't seen one of my really complicated games in a while.

Pretty close.

Initially I had fun, which dropped off on the last 2 days of play.

I don't consider the ability itself to be weird.

I was pointing out that your initial rule set didn't include point 18 and that the way the extra abilities were implemented appear to go against the rule. I'm sure you'll have some explanation, but I see it as a moving of the goalposts.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High