Poll: Will you be playing Single Player D2R?

Will you be playing Single Player D2R?

• Total voters
I have not preordered the game, but likely will buy it sometime after it's release (just have to wait for a good install /config option for Linux via WINE and Lutris). When I do get it I would start singleplayer from scratch and play it on the side, continuing the grail on my disc-installed old school setup :)

Reactions: Babyhell
I voted maybe. It'd be nice for some of the more irksome issues to be fixed, but I'm assuming a whole slew of new ones will crop up. If those get fixed in a timely fashion, maybe. I also haven't read the requirements, I assume my PC can run it, but if not, the decision is easy. :ROFLMAO:

I have pre-ordered the game. Might regret my decision on day 1 release but if they work out the bugs it should go very smoothly. I do plan on starting over though. It will be fun to play through the various classes and see all the new graphics for the skills and environment. Looking especially for the new skins on the uniques. Going to keep D2C and D2:R separate for the moment.

Reactions: Babyhell
Currently my gaming PC will not handle D2R. Voted that way but if I was to get a new PC I would get it for sure . I would plan to use a forum approved path for partial character and item migration from D2C to D2R. I don't fancy another full restart

I've pre-ordered and will definitely be playing.

I actually started a new untwinked playthrough on a Sorc about a week ago and did 1000 Mephisto runs and 2000 LK runs, about to complete my CTA and Infinity (0.5 Ber missing), and was planning on taking her into D2R. However, I'm using an unapproved glide wrapper, so maybe I'll have to start all over again if my sanity doesn't slip...

I've pre-ordered and will definitely be playing.

I actually started a new untwinked playthrough on a Sorc about a week ago and did 1000 Mephisto runs and 2000 LK runs, about to complete my CTA and Infinity (0.5 Ber missing), and was planning on taking her into D2R. However, I'm using an unapproved glide wrapper, so maybe I'll have to start all over again if my sanity doesn't slip...
Just out of curiosity; I have read your posts over the last couple of weeks and you keep mentioning the non-approved glide wrapper. How come? If you use it you can't participate in tournaments, trade etc. Why are you in this forum if you are not ready to follow the rules? Surely there are other gameing forums that does not have these restrictions?

Me and a childhood friend of mine have been playing together since I got a laptop when we were teenagers (and took turns to watch each other play before that).

Back then, when we lived 10 min apart, we would sit next to each other and play.
Then, when I moved for Uni, we fully migrated to ladder.
Then, when I had a child, we realized ladder does not work for us anymore. The resets just kills it when you have little time. We tried to set up tcp/IP over hamacho, but were having some problems. Right about then, the news of D2R broke.

What at first seemed like a hassle free solution for us, is looking more and more like a no-option.
No tcp/IP (and no mention about open bnet, likely) means we have to use battlenet, and as far as I have gathered ladder only is still ladder only on battlenet. (Only included in SP aswell.)

I may buy it later, but although the new graphics are tempting many of my initial reasons to buy it are gone.

Just out of curiosity; I have read your posts over the last couple of weeks and you keep mentioning the non-approved glide wrapper. How come? If you use it you can't participate in tournaments, trade etc. Why are you in this forum if you are not ready to follow the rules? Surely there are other gameing forums that does not have these restrictions?
I get a headache/nausea when playing at 25 fps. 🤷‍♂️
I like the SPF concept as it keeps me accountable although I'm not really participating. I don't know of any other single-player unmodded communities so I've mostly went into lurk-mode now.

Reactions: coju
Me and a childhood friend of mine have been playing together since I got a laptop when we were teenagers (and took turns to watch each other play before that).

Back then, when we lived 10 min apart, we would sit next to each other and play.
Then, when I moved for Uni, we fully migrated to ladder.
Then, when I had a child, we realized ladder does not work for us anymore. The resets just kills it when you have little time. We tried to set up tcp/IP over hamacho, but were having some problems. Right about then, the news of D2R broke.

What at first seemed like a hassle free solution for us, is looking more and more like a no-option.
No tcp/IP (and no mention about open bnet, likely) means we have to use battlenet, and as far as I have gathered ladder only is still ladder only on battlenet. (Only included in SP aswell.)

I may buy it later, but although the new graphics are tempting many of my initial reasons to buy it are gone.
Ladder only runewords will be non-ladder on Bnet as well.

I will be playing it, although I'm not very excited. My computer is able to run it fine but I constantly worry about framerate/running my gpu warm for long periods of time. I know it's not bad for my gpu (my temps still hover only around 70) but my fans are loud and the room gets warm and overall it's just a little annoying. I'm a little disappointed because the framerate is so variable through normal play, like often I'm getting 144, but in more intense situations it's dipping down below 60 - that's a wide range and it's annoying.

TCP/IP doesn't really factor in for me personally (a little annoying I can't reset maps in normal before reaching NM though.. )

I'm a little worried about the small mechanical differences such as item showing behavior and how it relates to clicking and how that will impact skill functionality like WW. I feel like there will be more differences that will annoy me as well.

My current plan is to play with new characters, and to try it out with my old characters (while keeping them preserved unchanged to play in vanilla LOD), keeping both environments separate entirely. If it turns out I enjoy it more I might permanently move, however I don't anticipate that happening. If there are further changes to the game, such as skill balancing, new items, new content, etc, that will be very hard for me to resist since I'd love to play some new content. As it stands right now there's not a whole lot of reason to switch.

Reactions: coju
Ladder only runewords will be non-ladder on Bnet as well.
Oh, that makes it a bit better at least. Thanks for correcting me.

Edit: @NorthDakota regarding potential future changes, I really hope they fix the dodge/evade bug, but I doubt they will. I think once it ships, they wont touch it again. (Since it has no monetization apart from the cost of purchase.)

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDakota
Oh, that makes it a bit better at least. Thanks for correcting me.

Edit: @NorthDakota regarding potential future changes, I really hope they fix the dodge/evade bug, but I doubt they will. I think once it ships, they wont touch it again. (Since it has no monetization apart from the cost of purchase.)
I suspect they might test D4 stuff on ladder.

I definitely want to try it at some point, though will definitely wait until it's had some time to marinate with folks before buying. I don't have any interest in MP, so no worries about getting started at any specific time.

I've been thinking about a reset anyway since I've only played tournament characters the past several years, and it would be fun to go back to the basics, so D2R would be a good way to do that.

I'm trying to knock out a few games from my library in the meantime though - subnautica below zero, kingdome come deliverance, etc. If I can get those finished, I would feel better about sinking a lot of time into D2R.

I don't have any plans or desire to port characters over

I've preordered and will be also getting on switch day 1. My plan is to move to D2R, including all stashes and characters completely. I hope to find a way to move SP chars to/from the switch and then use that for a lot of my casual play and the computer for more serious running.

However, I'm also worried about the temps, I don't particularly want to fry my laptop, so I'll be starting a little cautiously.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDakota
I've preordered and will be also getting on switch day 1. My plan is to move to D2R, including all stashes and characters completely. I hope to find a way to move SP chars to/from the switch and then use that for a lot of my casual play and the computer for more serious running.

However, I'm also worried about the temps, I don't particularly want to fry my laptop, so I'll be starting a little cautiously.
The temps are the only thing bothering me about D2:R right now, hope I don't burn down my house.

I'm a little shocked to see such a definite answer about a complete move over, first one I've seen in this thread I think? And from @jjscud, practically my d2 idol and the reason I found out about the SPF in the first place so long ago, reading through Miranda hits 99 and completes the Holy Grail. I'm curious as to your reasons why? Aren't you nervous? Will you keep a backup of your characters in case it doesn't go well?

I have preordered (PC), and I enjoyed the closed and open Betas quite a bit. I would preorder on the Switch as well, but there doesn't seem to be any definitive information on whether a physical copy will be released. Either way, I will be getting it for the Switch as well.

I don't think I'll ever come back to classic D2 unless they ruin D2R somehow... which isn't out of the cards, but I am hopeful.
There are some things I would change, but overall I think it will be an even better experience... which is not something I ever expected.

No /playersx on console though, according to what I read in the Blizzard forums yesterday. Hopefully they fix this or it really ruins the SP experience. I was also hoping to transfer characters between Switch and PC.

With D2R as an activator I just found a laptop I will buy to play the game. (Was playing D2 on my gf's laptop for the last 5 years, so it's about time...).

By a chance of fate between the release date of D2R and 4th of October I am between jobs and don't have to work. So I can actually play the game when the kids are at school and gf at work. What are the odds?!

I plan to start on Bnet on release, enjoy the new esthetics solo and then play coop helping others with leveling through the game. I always liked that on Bnet.

However, I a few weeks ago I came out of D2 hibernation and have been farming Keys exclusively. As soon as its clear how to port characters to D2R I will move all my characters to D2R.

I will keep an isolated back-up before migrating my characters.

I will keep a copy of D2 on my new laptop to be able to make new characters to act as mules and to be able to transfer items from GoMule to D2R. Hopefully, a working mule program similar to GoMule will be made soon enough.

Is there already any news how Uber Diablo will spawn in SP?

Exciting times :) .

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High