Poll: Will you be playing Single Player D2R?

Will you be playing Single Player D2R?

• Total voters

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
With Diablo 2 Ressurected coming out in just over two weeks, I'm interested on how much uptake we will have in the SPF, particularly in the first few months.
  • I'm also interested on how people will plan to start playing based on what we know at the moment - Starting un-twinked, Moving items in from day one etc.
  • If you won't be playing at the beginning, tell us why not.

I will definitely buy it, maybe not the first few days, but soon. Hope my Laptop can handle it over hours of gameply...

I will start from scratch, probably with a tournament character. So I'll probably wait till a tournament comes around till I start D2R.

I will leave my current stashes and characters in D2 for the time being, until we know more about Blizzard's plans for D2R, how it is received in the SPF and about its bugs and quirks.

Last edited:
I like a lot of the art and design in D2R but with the game being tied to a personal account and not being able to be installed offline and on the owners own computer I'm most likely not going to buy it.

For me the biggest issue is on the technical side, so I'm in the "maybe" camp, whereas I'd otherwise play it for sure.

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro with onboard graphics, and currently run D2 on a small dedicated Windows 10 partition. The partition isn't big enough for D2R, and even if it was, from what I gathered the MacBook's onboard graphics aren't enough? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though. There won't be a Mac version so that's that, and as much as I love D2, I'm not going to buy a new computer... and not even for financial reasons but just because it would be a bit silly really. :)

Haven’t preordered as I just started a new job (got an entire week in before this crazy hurricane hit us and left us without power for 2 weeks and counting but work starts back today) but I’ll get it after launch when I have time and start fresh. I’m more excited for SP than online play because I’m skeptical how PvP will turn out without WSG.

I’m generally in the same camp as @Grisu about wanting to see how things unfold before converting. But I have enough challenges figuring out installations and the like that I will hold off on trying to buy and install unless/until I need to. V1.14 works well enough for me in the end to likely stay there unless clear reason to switch

Reactions: Babyhell
I'll be playing vanilla/no-twink at the start and I have no idea when - or even if - I'll be converting characters/stashes from classic. I've not created a trading profile yet for this reason.

Since there doesn't appear to be a way for SP characters to play together, I'll likely play on BNet with friends on the weekends and SP the rest of the time.

Having played the technical alpha and the two betas, I'm pretty happy with how D2R has turned out and I don't see myself ever going back to classic. The loss of tcp/ip sucks but to be honest, I spend 99% of my playtime solo anyway.

Reactions: coju
I haven't pre-ordered as Blizzard hasn't offered a compelling reason to do so. However, assuming Blizzard doesn't pull the rug out from under us with some undesirable last minute change concerning Single Player, I'm planning on D2R being a day one purchase for me.

I'll be starting D2R SP untwinked and can't see myself moving any characters or items from D2 to D2R.

Edit 9/21: Close enough! I've pre-ordered, downloaded new drivers, and am ready to go! It's the final countdown!

Last edited:
I'll be playing on Bnet initially, but I'm sure I'll find my way back to SP sooner or later. Most likely I will start fresh on D2R SP and keep my 1.14 characters separate for tournament use until my D2R characters are capable of taking over. Maybe another untwinked 99 to start off D2R?

Reactions: Hookipa
I have pre-ordered, I will get it on the Switch too. I’m planning on starting untwinked in D2R too, possibly with a single character, but I’m not calling it a 99er just yet…

@ffs My 2018 15” MacBook Pro runs it ok on Windows 10. Is yours 13” as IIRC those don’t have the second graphics card? Time to buy an EGPU :)

Yes 13" 2020 MacBook Pro, GPU = Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645. According to Google it's not quite enough for D2R. Honestly I only even created a Win 10 partition just to play D2 after native support under MacOS ended last year. I work and do pretty much everything else in MacOS. Sorting out partitions plus getting an EGPU on top of it seems too much of a hassle for me... Guess I might have to get a second laptop after all at some point. :)

I have two computers a desktop and a laptop. the desktop can run d2r and I will be playing on b.net on the weekends and single player during the week. I will probably convert one character from classic to the new program just to see how it works but primarily I play hardcore untwinked so I'll probably be mostly starting over that way

Last edited:
Probably once there's a stable Linux version since I like the new features, but I'm not really in a hurry.

Pretty much what @Grisu said. I'm really tempted to buy it on day one but the limited storage and temperature problem (they fixed it?) stopping me from moving forward to D2R.

I'll buy it day one. I have a buddy that wants to play it as well so I'll start on Bnet. The only issue is that since I moved to the USA me and him are 6 hours apart so I'll see how much I will really play there. Other than that I'm planning on starting a hardcore character on SP.
I have a lot left to do in D2, so until I see a permanent muling option like GoMule for D2R SP, I will not be moving my current characters over. I'm playing self-found only so the whole trading thing isn't an issue.

I preordered the bundle with D3. I played one weekend of beta and really liked the look and feel. I'll probably just keep everything segregated as it's not too hard to start up a new character.

I like a lot of the art and design in D2R but with the game being tied to a personal account and not being able to be installed offline and on the owners own computer I'm most likely not going to buy it.
This. I might buy it and try but not sure yet

I hope to be buying D2R shortly after release. I need to see it's shipping state and how single player actually works first (online requirements, etc). At some point I might move my D2LOD characters over, but not sure when.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High