Pit Poison Necro Questions

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

I am currently farming with a fresh PoisonMancer I made for Pits and I would like some help
since it's the first time I use a Necromancer for Mf and first time I farm in the pits.

1. My Hireling is using Andy's and BotD. Do the Poison Nova from these items
override mine when it's casted right after? Or the stronger one remains active?

2. Where would you spend your spare skill points? I have maxed the Poison skills and Corpse Explosion.
Should I invest in Iron Golem? I am doing just fine without insight so I don't think I need him that much.
Right now I am level 90 with 12 skill points so I was either thinking in Bone Armor or perhaps the Lower Resist?

3. What is considered a good Pit map?

4. Do you kill mobs in your way to the Pit cave? I usually encounter 2-5 boss packs and
sometimes I can't resist not killing them. But not quite sure it it's worth it.

That is for the time being.
Thanks!

1. Higher BIT RATE persists.

If my bit rate calculations are correct (before any +%poison damage),

Level 15 Poison Nova (unsynergized): 1648-1899
Level 20 Poison Nova (unsynergized): 2048-2252
Level 20 Poison Nova (fully synergized): 10240-11279
Level 30 Poison Nova (fully synergized): 20956-21995

For comparison,
Level 15 Venom: 7808-8320
Level 23 Venom: 12928-13440

4. To put into context, time spent killing those monsters en route to the pit is time spent killing level 70+ monsters instead of level 85+.

Last edited:
Reactions: Excalibur
To answer #2: My poison pit runner put a single point into Revive. With +skills I run a mad number of revives and teleport everywhere, it's like having an invincibility cheat code. If you really want Insight just put it on your merc, the iron golem will eventually poof and you'll be sad. Plus it's a sick stick for merc, underrated for pure damage.

Reactions: Excalibur
Hey @Excalibur My untwinked 99er necro spent quite some time in the Pit. In case helpful, here (and linked posts) describe those levels and progress.

As to your questions, on #1 I'd strongly advocate Infinity if you have it, as the benefit for CE is quite significant. On #2, I'd max CE (max range) and Golem Mastery with Insight IG. It's amazing to have that mana always there and the IG actually helps take monsters down for CE. Others have better insight on #3, but my general rule is linear with lots of bosses, or really compact with solid density and 3 boss average Pat 2. On #4, at lvl 90 do not spend time on Tamoe bosses in my opinion. Due to low mlvl, XP isn't worth it and drops aren't either relative to the A85 Pit. If you have shrine on route, I think it's worth checking for XP, but otherwise--staight to the PIt would be my recommendation.

May your drops been green and golden (mostly golden, and also maybe orange!.!

Hey, @PhineasB !

I went through your article and your build was different than I expected.
You have an overall aggressive setup while I focused more on MF (400+) since I plan on farming only at the Pits which is quite safer.

I noticed you are not using Lower Resist at all. I tried the Amplify damage and combined with infinity
corpse explosion is really something.

I also invested on Iron Golem and he holds just fine! Plus the insight is always a nice bonus.
My last question is: Does the golem also acquire the damage of the item?
Should I make insight on a strong base?
Unfortunately I died so I lost the Iron Golem but I will respec to some changes I saw from your build.

Thanks!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High