Phoenix: the very hot PvP vita firesorc

Gripphon

Apr 4, 2020
"If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned"

209kc5i.jpg

Phoenix is fireball/hydra sorc, using both skills to her advantage. Since energy shield sorceresses are everywhere, I decided to do something different. Vita sorcs are not popular at all, but it seems they become more and more popular these days.

Why name Phoenix? Well, there are several reasons to this. On my mind was character Phoenix from X-men, one powerful mutant. I like creature named Phoenix from mythology. Phoenix is usually associated with fire which fits perfectly for fire sorc. Phoenix Remind was my favorite warcraft 3 player. Since I always viewed at Phoenix as female name (I know not all will agree), with all those reasons combined, I found name for my sorceress.

Character name: Phoenix
Class: Sorceress
Level: 95
Build: Vita fireball/hydra
Power Level: It's over 22000

Stat Points:
Strength: 148
Dexterity: 30
Vitality: 347
Energy: base, not important

Skills:
Fire Bolt 20
Fire Ball 20
Meteor 20
Fire Mastery 20
Hydra 18
Teleport 1
Frozen Armor 1
Prereq. 1

Idea of vita firesorc is to go crazy in damage. Therefore, full synergy for Fire Ball to achieve that. Teleport is self explanatory skill. Frozen Armor is great addition, it provides good bonus to defense and to your survivability against physical attackers. Well, not that great survivability boost, but anything helps. Rest points to Hydra. Don't know what else to do with points, and Hydra is great strategic skill making your sorceress more interesting to play than just to spam Fire Ball like madman. In certain situations Hydra is fantastic skill to have and will help you a lot.

[highlight] EQUIPMENT & STATS[/highlight]

There are two setups I use for this sorc. First and most important one is 1.07 Shako setup. Second one is BerBer CoA setup. It is obvious CoA is for situations where you need damage reduction, and Shako is for everything else. With both setups she has 75 allresists minus cold resist which is not important.

Shako setup:
Life: 4267
Life (Oak): 4855
Mana: 820
Defense: 5091
Fire Ball damage: 21402-23068 (22235 average)
Hydra damage: 4862-5372 (5117 average)

u303b.jpg

CoA setup:
Life: 3622
Life (Oak): 4193
Mana: 810
Defense: 5142
Damage Reduction: 31%
Fire Ball damage: 20509-22199 (21354 average)
Hydra damage: 4653-5146 (4899 average)

264gjuw.jpg

Now equipment.

Helm: 1.07 Shako with PRuby, BerBer CoA
Body: 1.07 Arkaine's Valor with 14@ 6 Strength jewel
Amulet: Maras 30@
Weapon: Hoto 40@
Shield: Spirit 35 fcr 112 mana
Belt: Mesh
Gloves: Magefist Crusader Gauntlets
Boots: Sandstorm (15/15/60)
Rings: 2x beta bkwb
Switch: Beta CtA (14 BO), Spirit

Backup Rings:
Wisp Projector, Dwarf Star

Skillers: 10x Burning with life, 16,17,17,18,21,21,21,30,32,38, average 23.1 life per skiller.

Small charms:
Code:
Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x83a6afa6
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +11%

Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc9e8b30a
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +10%

Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xa1bde091
+16 to Life
Fire Resist +10%

Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x17327072
+16 to Life
Fire Resist +10%

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0xe3ed484f
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Amber Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 32
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x3e6388a
+14 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Fingerprint: 0x25425038
+15 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Ocher Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x67fca43
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +7%

Coral Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x6e98fd7a
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Fingerprint: 0xd9053029
+13 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

This equipment gives me: 105 (135) FHR, 115 FCR, 75@ minus cold resist, minion. Oak is my very best companion and I have him always by my side. As you can see, he gives me tons of life and eats projectiles instead of me. Perfect support!

If I really want, I can replace one my life skiller with FHR skiller to get 142 FHR breakpoint using CoA. Don't know if that means anything, didn't do that yet, but is nice to have it as an option.
Backup rings are mainly for absorb purposes making this Sorc very hard to kill. Wisp allows to have more minions which can be very useful against bonemancers, perhaps bowazons and some other things. However you usually don't spend all oak charges from hoto, but in case you do, you have plenty more charges on wisp too.

As for improvement of this gear, except getting better skillers, I can certainly improve everything with some godly amulet. Mara's is fantastic amulet and is very hard to beat, but some crafted or rare amulet can do it, but is hard to find something like that. I don't have anything better than Mara's for now. Getting 10 fcr on amulet and swapping either gloves or belt for something else is possible. Maybe verdungo in some situations would be nice to have.

[highlight]Why vita sorc and not ES sorc?[/highlight]

To be different ^^. Well, that is partially a reason. Vita sorc has much higher damage than ES sorc and decent survivability. However, ES firesorc usually goes with 200 fcr and ES which has it's advantages. If we don't include prebuffing, vita sorc and ES sorc are probably equally strong, one having mega damage, other having better survivability. If we include 95 ES firesorc, then there is no doubt that sorc is stronger because of mega survivability. But, vita firesorc is strong enough IMO, probably stronger than any other character in the game, so why bother with prebuffing ES?

Another reason why I made vita sorc is because of Hydra backup skill. ES firesorc is all about spam spam spam, and some more spam of Fireball. Vita sorc can use Hydra to her advantage allowing it to have other strategies other than just spam like a madman. Hydra is very useful backup skill and will serve you good if you know how to use it, or are not too lazy to use it. Using Hydra seems more interesting to me than just spam Fireball like mad and throw some meteor for lol or something.

[highlight]200 FCR vs 105 FCR[/highlight]

Since it is very known that firesorc goes with 200 fcr and ES, I thought it might be a good idea to say something here for vita sorc case. Let's see at equipment. Arkaine's gives 664 life at level 95, and Shako with PRuby gives 599 life to my sorc. To get 200 fcr, I have to remove both, thus losing all that extra life. Not only that. My Battle Orders level is 30 with this sorc, and for 200 fcr I have to toss Mara's for fcr amulet, rings for 10 fcr rare's... resulting in losing a lot of BO, or 27% to be precise. If we include I might use mega godly circlet with godly rings and godly amulet (tons of life and strength at everything for short), that will result in having ~3.3k life or 3.9k with Oak. This means I lose almost 1k total life. As for damage, it will be ~18k compared to 22k with 105 fcr.

So, is it worth it to go for 200 fcr vita firesorc? I would say it is very good option, but 105 fcr is better. 1k life means more to survivability than having extra fcr breakpoint and relying on mad teleporting around. Major disadvantage to this is that on some hosts you might have MANY failed teleports with 200 fcr leading to annoyement. Even with 105 fcr I have many failed teleports, so 200 fcr will do me no good. Also, my damage with 105 fcr is much higher even if we include extra breakpoint for fireballs. Hydras will be a lot weaker too.

All this leads me to conclusion that 200 fcr is possible, but not best option for vita sorc. 105 fcr has more damage and better survivability. 200 fcr is more suitable for ES variant of sorc.

[highlight]Conclusion[/highlight]

This sorc is VERY strong in PvP. She kills everything and it's not easy to kill her. I played some matches with her and she is very dominant on the field, especially in team battles. Hydras are nice addition compared to fireball ES sorc, and with strong damage as well. From what I saw, this sorc is probably strongest caster killer in the game, and is very tough opponent for melle classes, with perhaps exception of Ghost and some mad Charger. Bowazon is hard opponent, but Hydra is amazing in that duel, forcing bowa to move and allowing you to throw some fireballs at her. Unless she has high fire resist, she usually dies from 1 fireball.

I really like this character overall, especially on the battle field.

• Love
Reactions: entwilighter
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High