Patriarch OdaHughManatee – The Faithful Bowadin (1.13)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
Patriarch OdaHughManatee – Faith and Auras Paladin

Level: 83

St – 121 (148)
Dx – 117 (158)
Vt – 257 (264)
En – 15 (22)

HP 1227
Mana 302

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 85
Ltning: 81
Poison: 75

Skills:

Holy Freeze: 20 (29)
Holy Shock: 20 (29)
Salvation (doh!): 20 (28)
Resist Cold: 20 (28)
Resist Lightning: 12 (13)

Prerequisites: 1

Holy Freeze (before Enchant):

AR: 10604 (after BA)
Dam: 2376 – 3450 (+388 – 394 for aura)

Holy Shock (before Enchant):

AR: 10604 (after BA)
Dam: 434 – 6592 (+1 – 850 for aura)

Defence: 1374

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Faith” Great Bow

Weapon 2:

“Harmony” Blade Bow

Harlequin Crest with Silver Jewel of Fervour
“CoH” Archon Plate
Lava Gout
Gore Rider
Razortail
Mara’s Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost & Rare ring (resists, AR + damage)

Merc (Act 2 – BA)

Eth Rockstopper
“Duress” Archon Plate
“Infinity” Eth Thresher

Random musings:

I have not been doing a lot of gaming of late; reading and streaming/watching DVD have occupied most of my time. What little gaming I have been doing has been spread between Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and D2, so this patriarch has been a long time coming. I started Oda back in September 2020 and quickly got to late Nightmare and then parked it for the best part of three months. I got it to early Hell and parked it for about six weeks again. Finally, I pulled my finger out and finished.

So, about the character. I really don’t remember much from the first session, but I do remember that he has not much of a problem to play. After he was fully equipped there has really no problems at all until I got to Act 5 in Hell, and those problems mostly consisted of trying to keep the merc alive long enough to be an effective meat shield. As usual, the moron loved nothing more than making a suicidal charge toward any pack attacking with magic or missile and not even getting half was there! This left me dodging and weaving, but ultimately successful. I am not 100% sure about this, but I think I got through the game without a death (I wish D2 had a death counter!).

Game play was easy; slow everything with HF, take a few pot shots while the merc did a few jabs, and move on. HS was only a backup, but it was a fantastic backup. Frenzytors were killed faster with HS than HF without the chilling, as were the Ancients. Not having to worry about mana was great and the mass of auras on this build made it fun too.

I was planning to make a bow enchantress using pretty much the same gear, but I might take a break from bow builds for a while instead. But knowing me!!

Screenshot044.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on another Patriarch.
Interesting to see max sanctuary - Did you use it much?
It is a shame that the elemental auras are not more balanced in damage. You have a higher average lightning damage with 8 less points invested.

Reactions: PhineasB and TheNix
Congrats!

Also curious about the maxed Sanctuary too. It's only useful in removing Undead resistances right? IIRC the damage bonuses are bugged.

Reactions: TheNix
Nice job on the Ranger. I have one planned with Ice, conviction and Faith Rogue, so I’m glad to hear you didn’t have much trouble and enjoyed the playthrough. Congrats on yet another Pat/May.

Reactions: TheNix
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High