Patriarch Fister_Roboto – FoH/HB Paladin (D2R)

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
As Pam says – he does more than just fist!

Patriarch Fister_Roboto – FoH/HB Paladin

Level: 87

St – 101 (121)
Dx – 160 (171)
Vt – 254 (296)
En – 15 (15)

HP: 1202
Mana: 368

Resists:

Fire: 75
Cold: 75
Ltning: 75
Poison: 75

Skills:

Fist of Heaven: 20 (27)
Holy Bolt: 20 (27)
Conviction: 20 (25)
Holy Shock: 20 (25)
Zeal: 4 (11)
Holy Shield: 3 (10)

Prerequisites 1

FoH Damage: Lightning 2496 – 3740 & HB 1672 – 2616
HB Damage: 3320 – 3740

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Spirit” Broad Sword
“pdiamond” HoZ

Weapon 2:

Rare Staff with teleport charges (never used)

Tal Rasha’s Horadric Crest
The Spirit Shroud
Frostburn
Rare Boots with resists
String of Ears
Rare ammy with FCR and resists
Manald Heal & Rare ring with FCR and resists

Merc (Act 2 – Prayer)

Rare Death Mask with life and resists
Shaftstop
“Spirit” Cryptic Axe

Random musings:

The changes the came with patch 2.4 inspired be to FoH/HB paladin after the same changes put a crimp on my usual starter, the hybrid trapper. I had just finished Nightmare with my trapper when the new patch dropped and a quick look showed me that I was doing at least 15% less damage; not fatal, but a solid kick in the nuts. The trapper had found a HoZ when doing NM Meph runs and that put a paladin on the cards. So, the trapper was put on hiatus and Fister_Roboto was born.

I started of using a combination of Zeal, Holy Fire/Cold/Shock and the occasional Smite as early game leveling as my trapper had found a few decent weapons getting to the end of Nightmare. By the time Fister_Roboto got to Nightmare himself, HB and FoH were already rocking it and as I started to pump up Conviction things got even easier. In Hell, any area that consisted mostly of undead and demons was a cake walk, areas that didn’t, not so much. Mixed areas didn’t give me too much problem with targeting the non-undead/demon and letting the HBs deal their damage to the undead/demons. The 25 level Conviction broke most Lightning immunes and the majority of those that it didn’t could be handles with HB. As I got to the middle of Hell difficulty, I got lazy and pretty much by-passed areas that had non undead/demons; I could whittle them away one at a time with numerus FoHs but life’s too short for that!

I spent a lot of time running Hell Pits (I have a very good map!), looking for items but with only 30%MF sets and uniques were a little hard to find, and good runeword bases just kept alluding me. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have good luck elsewhere. I had a Gul, Vex and a Lo drop simple adventuring! I’ll pump up my %MF and run the Pits for a while and try to find equipment for the other characters I’ve got waiting their turn to leave Act 1 Normal.

Can these levels be added to the Murios Project? Or is that just for D2 classic?

Fascinating to see the 2.4 specific builds. I abandoned D2R after a quest through Normal to see graphics, especially with brutal load times. But the new and different builds make 2.4 an interesting option to dabble in. Congrats on the Pat!

Fascinating to see the 2.4 specific builds. I abandoned D2R after a quest through Normal to see graphics, especially with brutal load times. But the new and different builds make 2.4 an interesting option to dabble in. Congrats on the Pat!
I found an eth Windhammer and I've got a neutered trapasin sitting at the end of nightmare twiddling her thumbs, so I thought I'd test out the new blade skills. At the moment I'm having too much fun running the Pits and terrorising Meph, but I might try that out at some point.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High