Patch 2.5 PTR Announced - Terror Zones

It sounds like, at least as of now, the Sunder charms will only drop from monsters killed in Terror Zones, so since Terror Zones won't be available for SP (again, at least for now), we won't be seeing them for the time being, anyway.

I do agree with the general thumbs down toward them, though. The accompanying resistance penalty, while a good notion in theory, is too easily countered. Now if they had DOUBLED the resistance penalty (to -150%), to me THAT would have been something to think about.
I think that -max resists would be more appropriate. It's still counterable (guardian angel, etc), but requires more sacrifice. As they are now, if they made it into SP, I have enough res charms that I'd probably farm them until I had fire/cold/light and then run a tri-element sorc. :cool:

I would have rather have had a rework of uniques. I wish there was an incentive to use something besides spirit, stealth, on all my toons that wind up being casters. Just something to compete with BiS gear from 5-50

Patch 2.5 is out, and indeed Sunder charms have been made to work with pets/minions.

Any abilities granted by a Sundering Charm will also extend to your pets and summons, so keep that in mind as you upgrade your character.

Looks like they also changed the resist penalties on the Scharms, instead of a fixed -75% for elemental/poison it now ranges from -70% to -90%, and for physical Scharms instead of a fixed -25% it now ranges from -10% to -30%, for magic Scharms instead of a fixed -50% it now ranges from -45% to -65%.

No changes to Cold Mastery or any other resist lowering effects, the devs cited this:
Developer’s Note: We have heard much of the community's thoughts on how the new Sunder Charms work with the sorceresses Cold Mastery ability. Looking at the percentage of monsters that are cold immune, the trade-offs of having to gain and equip a new grand charm, and re-checking our damage output, we feel the current behavior of Cold Mastery is not significantly more powerful than many of the other abilities affected by Sunder and does not need to change at this time.

Reactions: Triple Helix
One very nice change I've noticed is that when you quit an SP game and start it up again (Pindle runs for example) it stays on the difficulty you last played on. Just checked and it stayed on the same difficulty even after totally quitting D2R.

Last edited:
Well, I just played for a few minutes.

It appears that they did indeed fix item name flickering! ... But, they also broke compatibility with GoMule ... Again :rolleyes: .

Also, I thought it was somewhat interesting that they've apparently decided to only implement Terror Zones for Ladder, and not all online play. Perhaps they're planning to hold this feature back as the thing that's supposed to draw players to Ladder? Anyhow, if it never makes it off Ladder, that would be just fine with me.

Here's hoping @silospen is willing to spend the time to update GoMule yet again. Fingers crossed that any fix won't be as labor intensive as last time ...

So just to clarify, the charms and terror zones won't be in SP for now.

Personally I do hope they will come to SP.

Are there any hints at this from like a blue post?

They will most likely come soon.

Correct. Just MP only. We may add it to SP in the future but right now we want to nail down numbers in MP as MP numbers =/= SP and isn't just a copy pasta like people suggest. We have more ability of tweaking MP on the fly as well while SP is a bit more baked in.
But yes, we do hear people wanting it in SP -- We will try to get there.

The patch notes.... the other stuff! SO many fixes! Finally, they fixed LE monsters whooping out frost novas and fire explosions!! And if I'm reading it right, they ALSO fixed exp overflow, and I wonder if we can now do /players8 Baal and gain full experience?

I have way too much RL at the time, and was sorta in a Starcraft period of my life anyway, so I probably won't be doing much D2 SP for the time being. I hardly touched it since gomule broke the first time around, and I haven't fixed any of it yet...

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
The patch notes.... the other stuff! SO many fixes! Finally, they fixed LE monsters whooping out frost novas and fire explosions!! And if I'm reading it right, they ALSO fixed exp overflow, and I wonder if we can now do /players8 Baal and gain full experience?

I have way too much RL at the time, and was sorta in a Starcraft period of my life anyway, so I probably won't be doing much D2 SP for the time being. I hardly touched it since gomule broke the first time around, and I haven't fixed any of it yet...
Still waiting for the bottom 1/8 of the potions in the belt to be clickable.

Along with the Ancients’ Gate opening visualization.

Nooo why they do this to GoMule again. Well this is going to be a...process...if it's anything like the release of patch 2.4.
Honestly, this will probably be what finally pauses me on the game. I've been really busy and haven't played a lot over the past few weeks. Jump in to play....and forced online to update. Finally grind out the Nihl keys I needed, and go to mule around to set up for my first ever uber runs....LOL nope.

Starting to get very, very annoyed with D2R. Just let me play the damn game, in the patch status I want before you !@#$^# with things you don't really understand, and using the tools that make the game fun. It's starting to feel like a monument to everything that's gone wrong with gaming.

• Sad
Yes. And you cannot use a WP as soon as you activate it. Have to click off first.
Huh? Really? I seem to recall that you can use the WP now immediately after activating it.

Also, they finally fixed Deckard Cain in Act II: he was always delivering the cube quest speech after I dropped the cube on the floor and picked it up again. That was really annoying, because I usually do lots of town trips in SP untwinked tournament play and simply drop the cube from inventory while selling the stuff I found (so that the item from the cube will be in my inventory and I can sell them without leaving the shopping window). Neat!

Nevermind, they didn't :cautious:

Last edited:

Sundering Charms​

• Conviction and Lower Resist effectiveness will be 1/5 effective even after a Sundering Charm's applied effects. (This change will go into effect on October 6 once Ladder Season Two begins).
Developer’s Note: We have heard much of the community's thoughts on how the new Sunder Charms work with the sorceresses Cold Mastery ability. Looking at the percentage of monsters that are cold immune, the trade-offs of having to gain and equip a new grand charm, and re-checking our damage output, we feel the current behavior of Cold Mastery is not significantly more powerful than many of the other abilities affected by Sunder and does not need to change at this time.

New update today, seems Sunder charms have been nerfed except for Cold Mastery. A step in the right direction I think but I really think Cold Mastery should be penalized too, cold sorcs already have lots of edges over other classes and I don't think they need more.

Huh? Really? I seem to recall that you can use the WP now immediately after activating it.
You don't have to click off the wp and then click it again, but you do have to wait ~1.5 seconds while the activation animation plays.

Reactions: coju
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High