OT: The Daily Thread

RL: Beautiful British weather. Went food shopping. Didn't win the lottery. C'est la vie.

D2: Found time for a brief MP session with Pijus and Dune6836. First time I've had a game with more than two players in what seems like a lifetime. Man, I miss Dune. Hoping to see a bit more of him when the new Minecraft patch hits. Some more MP with Trim resulted in getting the Necro to L90, finding a +2 Summons AllRes circlet, +2 Summons AllRes ammy and a Homonculus. Not sure if I want him to be my main, so I may go back to the Wind Druid for MP, haven't played much of him lately even though he has six Elemental skillers waiting. My FrenzyBarb, StephenHorking, has reached A4 Hell. It's nice to do a bit of questing, outside of all this area running. Saying that, I'm tempted to switch back to the LF-Zon and see if the Cows want to drop a Faith base for my buddy. Maybe I can sell my eth Mang Song's for one? :ROFLMAO:

OVG: Tried an old (c. 2001) ARPG 'Throne of Darkness'. Apparently it's fixed at 18FPS, the same way D2 is fixed at 25. I liked the setting and the art style but I didn't really get on with the unintuitive mechanics.

Reactions: Grisu
Since I can't seem to post on phone this will be post for a while....

RL: Yawn. Another month end over.

D2: Thinking about a complete restart and enrollment in the Random Tournament. Thinking though.

OVG: Philadelphia Safari is tomorrow in Go. Very excited, although since I bought tickets last second it's only from 12-6. (event is remote due to pandemic) Also this Kanto event was nice. Got my shiny Lickitung and shiny Venonat. Looking forward to the Johto event start tomorrow as well.

RL: Yesterday, I saw my cousin for the first time in a few years (He lives 4 states away) and came up and hung out the entire day as I put him to work on helping me raise some floors. Today the concrete guy decided today wasn't raining (it wasn't) and didn't come out to pour my slab unfortunately. I did order the door downstairs though so that'll be good to go next week.

D2: Did a few countess runs in Random tournament

OVG: Maybe a match of hearthstone.

RL: 3 hours of work in besides being my day off... Sometimes it is NOT good if you like your job, I guess 🤷‍♂️
Bit I did get to do the bicycle tour with my younger daughter to the kindergarten to say hello. She hasn't been to the kindergarten for 9 weeks now, so she really misses the others. We then enjoyed the sun and the reopened playgrounds, building the Buckingham Palace, the Queen of England lives there"
20200508_181508.jpg
D2: some random tournament later. Currently LK.

OVG: Exploring the monotonous world of MTGA Lair of Behemoths cycling archetype drafts. 3 Zenith flairs and 20 cyclers apparently is all I need for 7 wins...

• Love
Reactions: queenEm
RL: Well, finally i have something to post here that would constitute as good news. Got a new job. Will be starting there next month. In the meantime there's still enough smaller stuff that needs to be done. So no worries i'll be bored any time soon.

Also just found out that censorship around the internet is even worse than i thought (which was already bad). Reacted to an article on a site that i disagreed with the content, that i thought it was bad that they censored a person's name and that maybe it was time for me to look for a different platform because of it. That got deleted. So this morning i made a new post only asking if they could explain why it was deleted as i thought it wasn't offensive or contained false information. That got deleted as well. And i'm pretty sure also got me a temp ban, but since i don't plan on posting there again i'm not entirely sure about the latter. But in short it means that just asking what you did wrong is a bannable offense. 🤬 And this is a platform that actually prided itself in being open and making it possible to have a different sound then the MSM.

OVG: Since i still have a couple of weeks before the new job i'm making the most of it. Started 2 new chars in Neverwinter online a couple of days ago, making it a total of 4 now.

To the website creators: Is it possible to add standard workings of text editing? For example i often use shift+ctrl+arrow key to select a whole word in order to delete it. But that doesn't seem to work here. Or double clicking a word to select it, also doesn't work.

Reactions: Trim and Swamigoon
Looks like I discovered this place ..

Haven't been in Diablo in months.

Have played some other video games, but busy with work/life/study.

RL: Worked on the barn for another 12hrs. This is my week. 84+hrs for 3 weeks. Goal to get in it finally. Hammering down final quotes for insulation tomorrow or next day.

D2: To tired to try.

OVG: See above, g'night.

RL: Staying safe, keeping on top of chores, the usual. Slept through an online work meeting about reopening next month. Need to watch that once the coffee kicks in.

D2: Got the Paladin to Patriarch. He found a Vex, Tal's ammy, Biggin's Bonnet and a poison facet while questing.

OVG: Needed a break from D2, so played Ultimate Skyrim most of last week. I forgot how brutal it was, haha.

RL: It is our due date today for our first son. My wife started a few contractions last night but they stopped after she settled down to sleep. Maybe today will be the day!

D2: Mostly doing RFL round 3. On my second set and still not having decent luck :(

OVG: Does Candy Land with our daughter count? ;)

RL: A small bathroom repair escalated (not quickly). Some humidity was discovered beneith the floor tiles and a decision was made to fix the whole bathroom according to current standards. We have waited for the work to start for two weeks all the while unable to use our shower. Luckily we can use the sauna facilities for building tenants just one floor down. Yesterday the work finally started and EVERYTHING was ripped out. Estimated time for completion: 1 month. That's a month without an in apartment toilet. On the positive side I couldn't work at home with all the noise so was forced to have a "normal day". Took the subway to the office. There was a zombieapocalypse vibe with the abscence of other people but it was a productive day workwise for sure. Today is a public holiday for whatever reason. I'll take it. :)

D2: Played 1-2 hours this week. Hope to find time for some more. Bonemancer needs to tackle Hell Tal's tomb and Duriel.

OVG: Probably some Dominion online with friends at some point on the coming weekend. If that counts as a videogame.

RL: A small bathroom repair escalated (not quickly). Some humidity was discovered beneith the floor tiles and a decision was made to fix the whole bathroom according to current standards. We have waited for the work to start for two weeks all the while unable to use our shower. Luckily we can use the sauna facilities for building tenants just one floor down. Yesterday the work finally started and EVERYTHING was ripped out. Estimated time for completion: 1 month. That's a month without an in apartment toilet. On the positive side I couldn't work at home with all the noise so was forced to have a "normal day". Took the subway to the office. There was a zombieapocalypse vibe with the abscence of other people but it was a productive day workwise for sure. Today is a public holiday for whatever reason. I'll take it. :)

D2: Played 1-2 hours this week. Hope to find time for some more. Bonemancer needs to tackle Hell Tal's tomb and Duriel.

OVG: Probably some Dominion online with friends at some point on the coming weekend. If that counts as a videogame.

That's horrible about the toilet. I'm not sure if you rent or not but here in Missouri that would be considered an "emergency repair" and would have to be completed within 24 hours. Landlord-tenant law in MO is pretty black and white so failure to complete would result in a quick civil court judgement in your favor. Have you thought about a poop bucket? They can be bought from Lowes or Home Depot for like $5. Just a normal bucket. That you poop in.

RL: I have literally nothing important or new to report. I wake up, go to work and come home. I don't even really think that's a bad thing. I am kind of enjoying this whole COVID experience. No extra meetings to attend. No friends asking me to go out. I can do what I love right now which is sitting in my favorite chair and watching TV.

D2: Just reinstalled and started a summon necro on softcore. He's level 20 right now. I am hoping I will find the willpower to play him in the future but I'm in act 2 and ready for the Maggot Lair. I just cannot summon the motivation to do it. I know it'll only take me like 10 minutes but I'm just not feeling it right now.

OVG: I bought an Xbox One X. I'm having some fun playing it but I haven't found any games that grab me. I picked up the Xbox Pass thing where you can download games from a long list and i've spent about an hour playing almost all of them. Nothing's really taken me in though. I think I might be a bit depressed from that seasonal depression stuff. Might have to take a day off and sit outside to soak up some sun.

@CaseyJones Congrats!

Reactions: CaseyJones
RL: My 3-day weekend got cancelled due to increased volume at work. Will be a 60 hour work week when it's all said and done after coming in Saturday. At least it's only a four day work week next week...Also just 2 more work weeks until my vacation week!

D2: Random amazon is still going strong. Glad I can keep the game running while the PC hibernates or I'd have nothing accomplished this week!

OVG: I got FF7 Remake a couple weeks ago and played for a bit, but it's on hold for now. I'm not in any rush to finish it since it will be awhile for the 2nd part to come out.

Reactions: Luhkoh
"RL" - Anybody that hasn't seen this show "Impractical Jokers" should check it out. It's good for a laugh, and a great way to kill some time while being stuck at home. They force each other to do ridiculous challenges on the unsuspecting public. Don't want to put in too many spoilers, but this one is to go to a gym (not to work out..), just stand around eating and staring at people.. :LOL: :p :ROFLMAO:
Untitled.jpg

RL: Pretty quiet in my neck of the woods. A large portion of the rest of the country has taken 'relaxed lockdown' to mean 'have as many 40-person BBQs' as you can, or 'drive 250 miles to the beach' or similar. Work is reopening soon, but I have requested to remain furloughed as long as I can, with my parents shielding.

D2: Got the LiteSorc to 93. Switched to running AT and found an Um and a Cold skiller. Just waiting for that Griffon's to drop... :cool:

OVG: Rocket League and Dead Cells for rotation.

Reactions: Vildecor and Luhkoh
RL: Pretty quiet in my neck of the woods. A large portion of the rest of the country has taken 'relaxed lockdown' to mean 'have as many 40-person BBQs' as you can, or 'drive 250 miles to the beach' or similar. Work is reopening soon, but I have requested to remain furloughed as long as I can, with my parents shielding.

How about driving 1400 miles to the beach? My family does a yearly trip to Outer Banks, NC. I was fully expecting it to be cancelled this year, but since it will be open, they've decided to go ahead. I don't think it's that great of an idea, but since they're paying, I'll happily do what I normally do every year: spend the week inside the beach house playing D2 on the laptop while they ask why I don't want to go to the beach...(it's because the sun is evil).

RL: I have literally nothing important or new to report. I wake up, go to work and come home. I don't even really think that's a bad thing. I am kind of enjoying this whole COVID experience. No extra meetings to attend. No friends asking me to go out. I can do what I love right now which is sitting in my favorite chair and watching TV.

That's, like, my life in a nutshell WITHOUT the recently added covid influence. It can feel kinda monotonous at times, but I'm a habitual type of person. I've dug myself into a rut and usually I'm pretty okay with it. Speaking of --

RL: Not much! Work from home continues, though it sounds like it might wrap up the 2nd week of July. When we do go back, the already rigorous security is gonna get even tighter, complete with daily temperature taking, a basic health assessment, and questionnaires about what I've done in the public space since I last left work and how I'm feeling. As a light allergy sufferer and a pack-a-day smoker, everyone's going to treat me like a dang plague victim every time I cough. Starting next week, my work shifts are going to begin at 5:30am (ugh). I'm a big time night owl, though, so I don't think I'll ever feel rested again.

D2: Mostly just MP with John Remedy in the WSK whenever I have the energy for it, maybe an average of twice a week right now. The sessions are hit or miss in terms of item gains, but it's always good just to hang with my bud.

OVG: Played some number of hours of Skyrim. Again. I've run through both PC versions once each for all the Steam achievements, so there's very little I haven't seen at this point. Now I just like going to random locations and sniping things with a bow. Good times. Also delved pretty hard into a recently released Early Access game called Idle Big Devil. It's basically a free gacha 5-person team builder where you collect heroes of random rarity & quality and upgrade them by fusing same-type dudes together and let their AI battle other teams, a parallel of every phone game in the same genre. But it's strictly a PC game (for now, at least), so no advertisements exist and it never beats you over the head to spend money, so the annoying systems you'd see on similar phone games are thankfully absent. ...You CAN spend money, and if you're the type that feels you gotta compete at the highest echelon then you absolutely HAVE to spend money. But if you just treat it like a casual experience, there's a good number of ways to get premium currency and progress at a reasonable pace. IMO, it's a decent time sink, though I can't outright recommend it to anyone. It's not all that special or unique. But I've been looking for a good idle game for a while, and this has been the most satisfying experience I've had in some months.

Congrats on the new job, @Cyrax!
And hope you got a happy, bouncing babe, @CaseyJones! ...Are all infants made of flubber or something? Glaven!!

RL: Summer Semester just started. Taking a course just to have something to do, instead of waiting for Fall Semester as I'd planned. Never hurts to knock out another course toward my degree.

D2: Started a CE + Golem Necro earlier last week. No Bone/Poison/Skele/Revive/etc. Difficult, but enjoyable. Right now he's parked in A5 running Eldritch till 40, then I'll get to Pindle and do that for a while.

OVG: About to start a new playthrough on It Lurks Below. Haven't decided on a class yet, but I'm thinking an Ogre Rogue. Given up on getting into any other games right now. Gaming culture and games in general are just so... different, now. I feel like I can't catch up like I used to.

RL: Thanks Trim (are you the artist formerly known as TRM or what was your forum name?). Just survived the second day of the new job. Quite the challenge because i've been working from home, which is a challenge in itself, but also because it's been quite hot the last few days. I think temperature in my computer room was approaching 30 degrees yesterday. No ideal conditions for a first day. Though i'm sure some aussies will consider it enough to wear winter coats. Hopefully we get to go to the office soon. That way i can actually meet people and it makes work a lot easier. For now we'll be working at home at least this month and i think in a few weeks they're gonna see what will happen for July.

Also my backyard is somewhat cleaned up for the first time in months which is nice. And i got a slight sun burn on sunday which is less nice. And also kept me from going in the sun on Monday. My plants are less happy because it's already a dry year and we've barely started with summer.

OVG: More Neverwinter. Or less actually now i have about 8 hrs a day less time. I'll have to park my new chars for now and continue with my 2 mains. Hopefully i have some time to pick them up during the weekend.

RL: our little guy was born a little over a week ago now. Baby and mom are doing well. Wondering what it felt like to be well rested ;)

D2: With RFL wrapped up I haven't played much due to RL (see above :p) What little time I get is very broken up...not many play sessions for questing chars...will have to set up some pindle/council/etc runs that I can do a few quick here and there

OVG: Ultima Online Renaissance - mostly just macro a couple of chars since that doesn't take active attention. Will allow me to dabble in short breaks as well.

What can I say...all of my gaming is 20+ year old games.

Thank you for all the congrats and well wishes!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High