OT: The Daily Thread

RL: Been a really busy month. Some work related stuff got pushed back into next year and I'm not mad about it. Excited for a week long vacation next month.

D2R: Finished a 20 hour set for the mf/rf tourney. Got a 5 hour play session in today. I haven't been able to do that in many years and my luck was high today so it hit just right lol. It's been fun making a goals list for this game again. Currently debating between a light sorc and hammerdin for level 99. The safety factor of the hammerdin is pretty appealing. I think the next thing for me is farming up some keysets and maybe farming NM Andy for a SOJ.

OVG: Going for some of the harder CTR: Nitro Fueled time trials and trying to keep my sanity.

RL: Started new char 2hrs ago. Spawned with a rod.

D2: Yes. With a glass of cognac to celebrate RL fortune.

OVG: Yes, probably a sudoku puzzle from the youtube channel Cracking the Cryptic. Been addicted for more than a year.

RL: Started new char 2hrs ago. Spawned with a rod.

D2: Yes. With a glass of cognac to celebrate RL fortune.

OVG: Yes, probably a sudoku puzzle from the youtube channel Cracking the Cryptic. Been addicted for more than a year.
Congratulations 🥳

Reactions: Helvete
RL: made it to Knoxville. Today is a tour of the blue ridge parkway.

D2R: assassin is starting to move again. Kind of excited and waiting on the new patch to see if her damage shifts any.

OVG: hatched a perfected clauncher in Go. Community day was decent as finally got my shiny Gible (2 in total).

@Helvete: Ooooh! A tiny Helvete? Really? :love: Huge congratulations! I hope you all are well! Be sure to tell us what character he chose as his first ;-)

RL: Finished wrapping of Christmas presents. Still trying to find out why my new laptop was pre-registered in Panama 2 months before I bought it...Considering if 10 years is too young for my daughter to start Diablo II...:unsure:

D2: Another 1000 p8 Pindle runs. Hit level 93.05 with my UT99er that way. According to my calculations, another 1150 runs are needed for level 94. Then I probably have to switch targets for more efficient levelling.

OVG: Well, Grim Dawn and Divinity Original Sin II had to step back again when the D2R fever caught me again with the UT99er and MF/RF tourney...

Everything well with entire family. Hospital staff super professional, never once felt unsafe or neglected or such. Been here 7 hours now, so kinda tired. Hospitals do that to me.

@Helvete: Ooooh! A tiny Helvete? Really? :love: Huge congratulations! I hope you all are well! Be sure to tell us what character he chose as his first ;-)

RL: Finished wrapping of Christmas presents. Still trying to find out why my new laptop was pre-registered in Panama 2 months before I bought it...Considering if 10 years is too young for my daughter to start Diablo II...:unsure:

D2: Another 1000 p8 Pindle runs. Hit level 93.05 with my UT99er that way. According to my calculations, another 1150 runs are needed for level 94. Then I probably have to switch targets for more efficient levelling.

OVG: Well, Grim Dawn and Divinity Original Sin II had to step back again when the D2R fever caught me again with the UT99er and MF/RF tourney...
10 is not too young.

RL: Need a new website for my grading business, the company I had do it can't handle the designing of the store front the way I want.

D2: Actually, don't have a big bug as I'm sort of in lingo wanting to play once the patch hits, maybe a few LK runs though when I chill later.

OVG: Some BF2042 and D3 on the switch

Everything well with entire family. Hospital staff super professional, never once felt unsafe or neglected or such. Been here 7 hours now, so kinda tired. Hospitals do that to me.
Congratulations. Is it your first, or do you have any others from before? All my well wishes to you and your partner.

Also...
Helvete = hell
Helvete has a baby
@Babyhell

Congrats!

RL: on the east coast. Heading back home next week. Pretty amazing trip. Ton of stuff to do.

D2R: a little at the times in the hotel.

OVG: got some shinies and some hundos. Pretty good overall in Go.

RL: Haven been sick all week and missed three days of work with a horrible cold (not COVID, still sucks, lol). Christmas has been fun, but hectic and i spent the morning with a pounding headache watching the James Webb launch.

D2: Not much, need to get back to my skellymancer, should finish hell pretty quick when i do but kinda been couch bound lately.

OVG: Been playing Mario Odyssey on my switch, good game to bundle up on the couch with.

Have a nice Christmas and Happy Holidays all!

Congrats Helvete!! :D

RL: Getting back into my normal routine after a holiday is a great feeling when it goes smoothly, which it fortunately has! Doing some prep work for a health-related podcast I'll be a guest on next month.

Also made a little something today to put near my PC.

runepainting.jpg

D2R: Having a blast leveling my shock mauler, might start nightmare tonight.

OVG: Watching my partner play the Sims 4.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind and funny words, everyone. I already have a daughter, six and a half - she is mildly skeptical, but goes along with it. Don't know of any others per now.

Reactions: Kartongen
@ipsilantee that sheet is awesome! Is it for motivation only or a spreadsheet for noting your rune finds?

RL: Hosted the birthday party for my daughter - now 10 years old. She wanted me to DM a roleplaying group for her and her friends again, which was fun. We will continue the campaign this week as long as I am still on vacation.

D2: Hit level 95 with my UT99er Aviendha. Only 8600 XP/second, which is way below @PhineasB's 17400 and more around his Fissure Druid...well, not everybody can have 5 99ers and the skills for it, I guess...🤷‍♂️
Still, I am pretty pumped about how fast CS is compared to other areas. I do have to abort some runs though, because sometimes there are 3 boss packs spawning along the Vizier, and Might/Fana/Cursed is not the way to do it in HC...I will do some runs at level 95 next to get a baseline for XP gained per second, but then I will probably switch back to my Random Tournament Necro.

OVG: Nope. But my daughter got Minecraft for her birthday and is totally into it. I myself have no clue about the game and hope she doesn't do something stupid like invite random strangers in her game and then meet them offline...:rolleyes:

@Grisu that sounds like a great birthday party! Also, one clarification re: the XP numbers: that testing was by Gripphon, and all I did was transfer the posts to the new forum. And as I said in the SPF 99er Compendium:
(A quick note: Gripp is one of the best runners in these forums and his characters were equipped for max killing power (i.e., no MF). So the actual numbers will be lower for most mortals. But the findings hold true.)
I’ve never gotten to the XP numbers Gripp reported, but I’ve also only really done CS runs with untwinked characters.

On topic:

RL: What had been shaping up as a quiet week at work is now looking to have a big crush of stuff to get out the door tomorrow and Thursday. But a lot of people are out for the holidays so there is at least less email than normal!

D2: See above. But still hoping to hit 98.25 with the untwinked 99er Druid by the weekend.

RL: tomorrow I’ll be home. Went walking barefoot in white sands today. Was awesome.

D2: not really lately due to exhaustion from travel but I’ll get back to it when I get back.

OVG: lots of Pokémon go in the meantime.

RL: Followed a car for a few miles with the number plate X6 BER. This is clearly a sign foretelling great drops ahead.

D2: About to start LK runs, now fully expecting to find x6 Ber runes

OVG: Just done a bit of Fortnite to get my daily quests done.

• Haha
Reactions: Helvete and Grisu
RL: Followed a car for a few miles with the number plate X6 BER. This is clearly a sign foretelling great drops ahead.

D2: About to start LK runs, now fully expecting to find x6 Ber runes.
No mistaking that's a good sign.

Best I've gotten is one Mal from there in the last several hours I've tried, so those 6 Bers are marked with your name.

• Haha
Reactions: maxicek
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High