OT: The Daily Thread

RL: Still under quarantine. Meh.

D2: Bring my Mat out of her retirement and going to farm pindle. Maybe do a 100 or 500 runs.

OVG: Preparing for Genshin Impact 1.5!

Hence the reason I don't do that. Takes way to much time for my taste personally.
You're not wrong. To me, it is akin to slowly chewing and savoring a rarified and delicious meal. I don't want to rush; otherwise I don't enjoy it as much!

You're not wrong. To me, it is akin to slowly chewing and savoring a rarified and delicious meal. I don't want to rush; otherwise I don't enjoy it as much!
Well there you go! See in the Army I didn't have time to savor that meal, so I slam it down and roll out.

RL: Hand still has stitches in and is slowly getting better.

D2: Started Hell today in Commoner/King tournament with crap gear other than a non-upped ribcracker, lets see how tonight plays out.

OVG: still dabbling in Magic Legends, mainly because I bought the battlepass and want to at least get the assassin through reaching the end with the least amount of playing the game I can incase the game ever actually becomes decent (right now I'd say it is by far one of the shallowest and worst ARPGs I've ever played, but has decent combat which TL3 couldn't even muster)

RL: What a work week. Been part of constant discussions to improve our poorly running contract, with a recent focus to fix & update two essential processes. Was originally told we'd have to have things finalized by the middle of next week, then on Wednesday they dropped the bomb and said we had to be finished by the close of business today. I've been in meetings, I've been collaborating, and I've been writing out pages of instructions and corrections for others to implement. Deep dives. What I find fun is when the VP asks random "experts" in our meet ups, "Hey, was it you who did this or put it together? 'Cause this is incredible." Frequent response: "No, it was [Trim] who did that." ...Schooled, fools.

D2: Been thinking about the game the last few weeks, but hadn't been playing. Last weekend, I looked through my MFO results from 2020 with all the rare items that I never used. Found some inspiration and rolled up a Conviction Zealot with the intent of giving him a Stormlash. Got to Hell in two days, leveled to 82 in the Pit, equipped the 'lash... and then lost whatever passion I had to continue rolling. I'm a fickle dude. If it's not a strong & safe build created to run areas effectively, it never lasts.

OVG: NGU Idle is still dominating my free time. It's a miserably wonderful mind-numbing experience.

RL: Got my old car fixed some with rest coming tomorrow. After my 4month old brand new truck with 8k miles got sideswiped in October and totaled I decided to not get another vehicle and drive the 2006 explorer I bought the year before. Figured what the heck, maybe it'll last another 2 years, my wife can have the shiny brand new Nissan Armada she drives and I can drive a junker =)

D2: Trying to MF in HC but it is just not my cup of tea, debating on what tournament character to start.

OVG: Did my daily in Kards and Magic:Legends. Want to play Minecraft Dungeons but don't know anyone else that plays and it seems a lot more fun with two players now that I'm a bit in. Maybe some D3 and start the season for real, or POE, though I die out about mid 50 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh
RL: It's been a tough week at work - glad to see the back of it. I baked brownies to cheer myself up... it worked! Hopefully, the days off will be packed with D&D and Japanese pro-wrestling.

D2: A little bored of Cows and LK. Putting some more Baal runs on the clock for my L97.4 LiteSorc. It's a lot safer with a Wisp Projector but I find a Dwarf Star overkill. I made a Chains of Honor armour which sorted my resist problems and freed up some space for more Lite skillers.

OVG: Catching up with TRM's progress on NGU Idle as he's overtaken me. Rocket League on and off.

RL: Working on making all my windows look nice as I'm tired of seeing spray foam, and hopefully I get a hand this weekend and can getting scaffolding out of my home for the first time literally since ever last summer.

D2: Working on SlothShooter

OVG: Kards dailys, MTG: Legends daily(s).

RL : Released from quarantine. Both antigen and PCR test comes out negative!

D2 : Planning to do a fresh start of a MF sorc. Start from scratch, not using any items from my ATMA stash. Perhaps a Fire/Lightning type.

OVG : Spending quite some time in Serenitea Pot customizing house area in Genshin Impact

Reactions: Trim
RL: Another work week in the books, each day worse than the last leading up to Bank Holiday weekend. My back pain is so bad I'll probably skip D&D tomorrow to rest, and on Tuesday I have to drive to Cardiff (nine-hour round trip) as Mother wants to visit her daughter. I'll have the house to myself for two weeks so I guess I can't complain too much. I read they're filming part of the Game of Thrones prequel series ~20 miles from where I work.

D2: Managed to get the LiteSorc to L97.5 before dying to a triple boss pack in the Throne Room and essentially resetting the last week of progress. I may have to switch to an Um'd Stormshield if I insist on playing while I'm this tired. Currently at Grail -21 after grabbing an ilvl99 Rixot's Keen. I read MrLlama finally found Mang Song's and completed his Holy Grail - David Brevik congratulated him on Twitter which was fun to see.

OVG: Friendly NGU Idle competition with TRM, and some Rocket League. I picked up Dead Island Definitive Edition on Steam but there's an input lag problem I need to fix.

Reactions: Trim and Luhkoh
RL: Later than usual, but it's starting to get uncomfortably warm in Texas. Had a nice weekend, though I'm feeling poorly rested & rather depressed heading in the beginning of my work week. High management's priority task for [mostly] me this week is a project I don't know how to even begin tackling. Not feeling excited to go hard on this one given the subject matter & my current poor attitude; I'm hoping he can drive the boat while I play the role of 1st mate.

D2: Ran the tried and true Blizsorc in AT for maybe an hour while on a call with Remedy this weekend. Heard the gasp of death first hand, and it wasn't pretty. Managed to find myself a perfect Boneshade with its six variable +skill rolls. Doesn't make up for my friend's loss whatsoever, but it did get me somewhat interested in solo MF'ing for the first time since last year's MFO. Might do a little more tonight as a distraction for my sleepiness and mental unrest. EDIT: Well well. First run after posting, and I nabbed myself an Azurewrath. Been playing since 2001 and it's the first one I've ever gotten (well, first elite Azurewrath. Was it 1.09 that had the crystal sword variant?). I think my session's going to go downhill from here! :D

OVG: Check-ins of NGU Idle w/ Remedy (he's still winning) and a couple good hours of hard-fought Rocket League. Dipped my toes into Dark Souls over the weekend, see if it'd grab me since my first attempt at it in 2013. ...It did not. Nothing immediately springing to mind to try, so I'm guessing NGU and D2 will be what occupies my brain this week.

Last edited:
1st post in the daily thread, let’s see if I get it right...

RL: not much new. Work is slow due to the pandemic (I manage a warehouse/distribution center), but I whip the sales team every so often to remind them we’re alive here in Vegas. Hot weather is starting to come in, won’t leave until late October. My wife and I are trying to plan on building income to help start our retirement and/or college fund for our two year old. I guess moonlighting with the Chippendales is off the table.

D2: After matting my Barb last night, time to get my Sorc past the Ancients and finish off Hell. Going to try to use a weaken wand to keep the merc alive longer while I whittle them down.

OVG: None at the moment. I’m obsessed with D2 right now.

I hope everybody is well :)

RL: Work is bleh. Sooner this PhD is done with the better. I definitely want a from home job afterwards. My life has improved massively as a result of working from home. Transition stuff is going well. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this in the daily thread, actually. So, I stated hormones on November 19th. I had to go private in the end as I just couldn't wait longer for the NHS, I'm already past the point of getting a lot of the effects. It's wrecking me financially but it's worth it. I'm still terrified of the whole thing but I am at least moving forward in life. *stress*

D2: I haven't played for some time, really. I did briefly play a HF zealot a couple of months ago. Honestly, I will probably wait for D2R, although even that hasn't got me that excited anymore. My Mum has got me a copy of Tales of Sanctuary for my birthday though, so that's awesome :)

OVG: I usually play Path of Exile at each new league, but I rarely play past a week anymore. It used to be the best game around but I think it's mostly existing through lack of competition now, it's really gone downhill over the last 3-4 leagues.

Mostly I am reading comics and novels :)

RL: Finishing all this ceiling sheet metal in this barn. Have to return scaffolding (they are picking it up on saturday) so I finally will be free from the stuff for the first time literally in over a year.

D2: Playing with 1.07 and got my assassin to NM at level 32. Not sure whether to continue or not as it really is kind of boring. Really want to get a Hydra Bow, but don't want to get to 87, maybe time to do a trade.

OVG: Daily in Magic Legends and maybe some Kards.

RL: This work week didn't have as much pressure as others, but it was the most busy I've been in a while. Not one big project this time, and instead lots of smaller important things going on that demanded immediate attention. Glad I get to stop and take a breath this weekend. Received a call from a representative of our client, a state agency. Didn't exactly offer me a job, but they tipped me off to an opportunity with them. Could have turned into a major opportunity if I'd followed up with it. Frankly, I'm not much of a corporate person, so the only way I'd make moves in my profession is to start working directly at the source. ...But I couldn't pull the trigger. The ex that broke my heart seven years ago is on their team, and I can't imagine myself working side by side with her again. Silver lining is that I'm not as passionate about my profession as I used to be, and maybe I'd end up killing my career faster if I were to kickstart my way up the ladder again. As much as I hate working on our current project, I'm doing good work and they truly do need me to keep this thing afloat. Might not be moving up in the world, but maybe that's not what's best for me at this stage of my life anyhow.

Complete topic change -- I just finished watching the Cobra Kai series, and it's effing incredible. I always forget how much I love the Karate Kid movies. This recent rebirth of the franchise is an awesome addition to the originals. Some of the fan service call backs are a little hokey and the plot isn't exactly unpredictable, but it still manages to surprise and delight. I shed some legit emotional tears tonight. Very, very good.

D2: After my incredible hot streak in AT earlier this week, I've been going at it pretty steady but with unsurprisingly worse results. Got one of the unique mighty scepters, filled a couple loose holes in the grail (now -43), found an Ist and a sorc fire skiller today, but otherwise pretty tame. Can't complain, though. One great day still makes for a good week, and it's been a fun waste of time.

OVG: Mostly just NGU Idle, grinding stats all week. Dipped into a free idle game on Steam called Potion Commotion. Reminds me of Plantera from a few years ago. Pretty hands off overall, which is great when all I want to do is punish my hands looking for the ever elusive Tyrael's drop.

RL: Wife is running a covid drive-thru for her hospital. So no hanging out, though we did do that yesterday.

D2: Finally made some level progress on my 1.07 Assassin who was stuck at 35, up to 39 now in about 2.5 hours tops.

OVG: Kards dailies, MTG: Legends dailies. Thinking about playing some Hearthstone Battlegrounds though.

No posts for two weeks? Whatcha been up to SPFers?

RL: Work is open to the public, which means they can berate staff inside the store and outside the store, just like old times. We are so short-staffed they're talking about rehiring one of the worst employees they've ever had, which may finally be the impetus I need to update my CV and get out of there. Finally got an email about vaccination, will sort that tomorrow on my day off. Hopefully some D&D tomorrow after a couple of weeks off. My trip to Cardiff was only a six-hour round trip as roadworks on a major bypass have been completed - at least I got to catch up on MMA podcasts and pick up my Xmas presents from my sister.

D2: Made a Beast BA for my FishyMancer. Found a Sur in LK with the BlizzSorc, now I only need a Cham for that Pride Iron Golem haha. MP sessions with TRM have resumed, but the only notable find over the weekend was Ist.

OVG: Rocket League and NGU Idle. I picked up the PS4-port Days Gone (third-person zombie survival sandbox) after rave reviews on Steam, which I'm hoping to play sometime this week.

RL: My sister in law passed away last week, aged 66; my brother passed about 5 years ago, and I had not spoken to her much in the last few years; as a youngster, she was a mentor to me, and she spent much of her adult life a a grief counselor and minister, so it felt odd eulogizing her. On the positive side, Las Vegas is almost back to 100 % open, which is badly needed for our city, one of the hardest hit by the pandemic, in terms of economic impact.

D2: Grinding my untwinked Zon, she's 64ish and close to the NM Ancients. Still using an "Edge" Cedar Bow so I'm hoping for a nice base to drop to recreate it in, or even better, a Buriza, WWS, even a Koku will do, but she still has a solid killing speed and the game has been really easy on P3 the whole way so far.

OVG: Still nothing else on my radar.

Sorry to hear, @Crudesash68. Always rough, even if the relationship hadn't been as strong as it once was. I don't *want* to make a crushing blow joke, but it is a D2 forum... ;)

RL: Work. Ups and downs. Craziness followed by complacency. Central Texas has been pretty temperate considering it's almost June, but I have a feeling it's going to start boiling before too long.

D2: As mentioned by Remedy, we got a couple / few hours of MP in this weekend. Beyond the Ist, our most notable item drops were probably a BK sword & the Veil of Steel we got on our first run back. Pretty chill sessions usually, but even more so since we're going Blizscorc & Fishy on /p3 through WSK. Not a lot of challenge, but it's good just to play. Lost my near year-old comforting AT map as a result, but I don't mind rolling up a new one when I have want of it; it was getting a little frustrating with inconsistent pack spawns. Leveling a trapper w/ Blade Fury very slowly when I feel like it. Think I finished Normal @42 the other day?

OVG: NGU Idle [a lot] & Rocket League [a little]. Thinking about going back to DBZ: Kakarot. I'm at the part in the story where I stopped watching the actual anime (prelude to the Cell tournament). Presentation of the story in-game is decent, but it leaves out a lot of the little details from the show. The internal push-pull for me to experience the true version first persists... think I gotta stop being a purist and just play the dang game, stop leaving it untouched on the virtual Steam shelf.

Reactions: Crudesash
RL: Parents are visiting today. Work is a bit eugh, but I'm trying not to work weekends so that I can switch off from it.

D2: HF zealot has failed two lots of hell Ancients. The first batch I ran out of potions/gold and decided to try it anyway, obviously I ran out. Second batch I isolated and killed Madawc. I managed to isolate Korlic but he hit me into the corner and blocked me and I had no way out. He was also cold immune... Decided to leave it for today as I don't want to die because of frustration. Once I finish the HF zealot, I really need to finish Zayl, my meleemancer. I'm not massively enjoying it to be honest, but I want to finish ongoing characters so I can start fresh with D2R.

OVG: Reading?

RL: 3 day weekend punctuated by a Sunday BBQ/Poker game. Should be fun.

D2: still working on my FA Zon, just about 78 in A2; just gave the Merc Gris’ Heart with 3 PTopaz, and I crafted caster gloves which would have been perfect; 20% IAS, 10% regen...but it rolled +2 to Javelin Skills! Such is life.

OVG: nada.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High