OT: The Daily Thread

RL: Waiting for my Covid-19 test results to come back, sort of nervous. I got sick on Tuesday the 23rd with fever, chills, dizziness, body aches, head aches, but curiously no respiratory issues. So I have quarantined myself to my house.
Going a little stir crazy not being able to go outside but what can you do.

D2: Working on my Mathematicians Sept/Budget Gear the characters are all themed after famous mathematicians and some of them grew up in poor households so its only fitting that they use "poor" gear. My fury druid is eating everything so far and the HC chars have collected almost every item that can drop in normal. I like Normal Baal runs and I've done at least 1.3K so far split up between different characters. Looking forward to making a HC Javazon and might even take her to 99. Not sure if I'm up for the time commitment just yet though.

OVG: Been splitting my time between Witcher 3 GOTY and Morrowind(Original not ESO)

RL: Waiting for my Covid-19 test results to come back, sort of nervous. I got sick on Tuesday the 23rd with fever, chills, dizziness, body aches, head aches, but curiously no respiratory issues. So I have quarantined myself to my house.
Going a little stir crazy not being able to go outside but what can you do.

That doesn't sound good. Many people have tested positive without any respiratory symptoms. Glad you chose to self quarantine.

Reactions: hackedagainanda
yikes @hackedagainanda I hope you're doing okay, and definitely agree that it was a good decision to be safe and protect others. Fingers crossed, either on negative or that you recover quickly if positive. Stay safe!

RL: My youngest had to carve gargoyles in soap bars for school work. No help or influence from dad here....
0124D1EB-D1E0-4049-B272-474764C5B426.jpeg

D2: Running Trav with my barb for RW grail until he hits 93. Currently the XP bar is at about 70%

OVG: A bit of the new Fortnite season on the iPad.

Last edited:
RL: Yup, i have new neighbours. Foreigners. Polish i'm guessing. They seemed nice, but i really don't like feeling like i'm abroad when i'm in my own backyard. They also have two small children so it won't be as quiet as it was with my previous neighbours. At least they're not as small as i feared, so it seems like i won't be waking up to a crying baby in the middle of the night.

Last weekend i went almost deaf on one ear. Lasted until Monday so i called my doctor. Went there and it turned out to be nothing serious. Apparently i had earwax blocking it. So both my ears got squired out with a big syringe. And now i can hear again. Though one ear hurts a bit, because they put a bit too much water pressure on it. Hoping that'll go away with a few days.

Temperatures are much better now. Friday i think it was at least 32 or 33 degrees at my 'home office'. And maybe even more. After a few cooler days it's back to a better temperature. Good thing i'm fairly heat proof. Or resistant.

OVG: New mod came out for NW. I feared it would be a bad and it was even worse than i thought. They totally nerfed healer classes and healing in general into the ground. My heals heal less, pets that give extra outgoing healing are reduced to less (!) than a third of what they were before, and enchantments that people could wear to boost incoming healing are also heavily nerfed. So healing got a triple nerf in one mod.

I gave my healer one shot and it was so terrible that i'm retiring him until they fix healing. Healers were already in short supply before this mod and i think a lot of healers are gonna do the same as me. And it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people would totally quit the game over this. So i really hope they see the error of their ways soon or it will be too late for a lot of the community, maybe myself included. I have my doubts they will change it soon though as they made the changes intentionally as they felt healing was over powered. My guess is they only played with healers that have the best of the best gear and play with premade teams that have played together before and know what they're doing. With an average team i don't see how you could say it was over powered.

Guess i'll try my wizard tomorrow and hope they didn't nerf her into the ground as well. Otherwise i'm running low on options. My paladin (healer) and wizard are my mains. And i have 2 more that are on the way, but they're not nearly as good yet and one of them is a healer as well. So if my wizard falls through i only have a rogue that needs a lot of work. Not to mention you won't be able to do epic dungeons or trials any more as there's gonna be no healer left to run those with. My prediction is that any healer that is not top of the line is gonna stop running those because otherwise you can't heal enough. Plus that any dps or tank that's not top of the line is also gonna get kicked otherwise it'll give even the top notch healer more then they can handle. Not to mention they also introduced a bug that takes a massive chunk out of the tank's hp (think along the lines of 30%). But at least that's a bug and not a feature.

Oh and apparently there's also new content, but i didn't get to that yet. Partially because of this and partially because i had massive lag and disconnected 4 times during one dungeon, and the 5th time resulting in me not even getting back into it so it was all for nothing.

RL: Tired. Have to move in 2 weeks and I don't even have a working toilet, let alone a shower. No rooms are finished, my wife and kids basically don't understand to clean a room so we can move stuff you know. Good things are windows are in. Spray foam has started, and we finished the spiral staircase 95% tonight (end railing, but have to figure out connection so no big deal.) Bad news is I didn't get to the framing of the one wall I need by tomorrow morning or check all the windows for blockages to make sure spray foam doesn't go in bad places. I also need to do 3 support post tomorrow just for show, make a railing, and somehow manage to work 8 hours at the actual job.

Electrical guy I had just up and left without getting paid for no reason it seems last week, really put me in a bind because I don't have time for electrical wiring with plumbing, floors, walls, etc to still do.

D2: No time.
OVG: No Time.
RL: No time.

Been about two weeks since we've seen some updates in here. Hope @hackedagainanda is able to leave the house and that @Vang is ready to get into his!

RL: Not much else besides the typical routine of work, eat, sleep. Texas has been crazy nasty for covid lately, so I've been leaving the apartment maybe once a week tops only for essentials: food, cigs, and the occasional coffee at the corner store when the brain's not working right. Starting to get mighty tired of this wild quarantine beard and unruly hair.

D2: A little more than had been usual. The standard 1-3 weekly MP sessions with John Remedy are ongoing (in case people don't check the IFT regularly, we recently found a Zod together, the first for either one of us!). Got the sorc to clvl96 last night, the highest level character I've ever had after almost 20 years in this game. With the MFO approaching, I've gotten a Faith 'zon ready for low /p settings Pit running. She's vastly slower than the Blizsorc in AT, but it's a welcome change of pace and environment. And despite my preference of Trav whirling for runes, I don't yet have the high-end gear to do it so instead I've started running LK a little bit. I don't hate it as much as I remember, so that's a plus.

OVG: John Remedy and I took two nights off from D2 and played through both campaigns of Hammerwatch in the last few weeks. A decent enough Gauntlet-like romp, but we went hard pretty hard in those two sessions so any thoughts to do a good ending or cheevo hunting will have to wait for a while. We dabbled a bit in Rocket League for one night; it'd been maybe a couple months since I'd last played, so jumping straight into Champ I/II level games resulted in the losing streak I expected. Knocked off some of the rust and came back to put up a few solid wins, but I wasn't feeling it or performing well enough to want to put it into our regular rotation again. Been considering installing both Dark Souls and Mass Effect: Andromeda lately to give them a serious chance, though I'm holding off for now since current D2 goals would probably push them to the wayside (or vice versa if one of them grabbed my attention).

RL: Did some gardening. Cleaned my car. Fixed a few things around the house. Back to work on Thursday. There's a 'flexible furlough' scheme now in England, where I work the hours I am needed, and if I don't meet my regular 30+ hours a week (which I won't), the remaining hours are paid at 80% furlough pay. I say I'm back to work, but it's one five hour shift so my employer can claim £1000 from the government. I could have used that money to pay for my car's new clutch and flywheel, but I doubt I'll see any of it.

D2: After a trade with PhineasB my LiteSorc now has a near-perfect Griffon's. The road to 99 begins now! The MP WSK runs with Trim probably sped up by at least 15% because of it, although even four months into our regular MP sessions, we're still making refinements to our tactics. The next items I'm looking for are a Wisp Projector for Gloam protection and a 2/17 Sorc caster amulet. I need to do some theorycrafting and find a gear set-up that works for SP Pit running, and a safer one for MP WSK, but I haven't had enough coffee today. Currently at G-43.

OVG: Just what Trim mentioned above, and an ASCII roguelike I picked up in the Steam sale called Caves of Qud. It's brutal, but fantastic.

RL: Sorry I forgot to update you all. My Covid-19 test came back negative and all the symptoms got better. I live in Texas so a day or two after I got the test cases here started exploding. The testing site originally told me 3-5 days, then it was 3-5 business days, then eventually 7-10 days though they didn't mention on the phone whether that was business or not. I feel very grateful that my family, friends and myself are all negative at this time.

D2: Been leveling up Riemann in normal HC and running around with about 350 mf which isn't too bad currently level 67 hoping to level to 74 and find some items for twinking the rest of my HC gang.

OVG: Been playing FF:12 Zodiac Age grinding is surprisingly fun with the 3x Speed option I wish they had that when I originally played on regular FF:12 on PS2

Good news!

RL: It seems like everything is breaking down. Literally. Last week my frying pan. Looked like the heat meganism didn't work any more so it overheated. Quickly took out the plug and luckily avoided any hot oil getting on me. Then yesterday my bike had a flat tire. So i was like: ok i can fix this. So i blew up my tire to find the hole. And it exploded. No fixing that any more. So i took the car to the shop instead. When i came back i noticed i ripped my pants. So those could be trashed as well. And i already had another pair of pants heading for the trash. Hopefully this ends now.

OVG: More NW. Mostly did dailies with my two mains. In the meantime lvling my cleric as an alternate healer for my pala that they nerfed hard this mod. Today my cleric did his first random trial and even though he's still quite a bit lower than my pala it went way better. So i guess my pala got replaced as one of my mains. Still need quite a bit of catching up to do in all the campaigns. Not to mention the new content i hardly dipped in so far because of all the lvling.

Only noobs wear pants.

American or British pants?

@d2lover Pretty sure it will stop working, although you can change it to a perpetual licence.

Unless it is specifically required for work, I would suggest looking at alternatives - Google Apps, Apple Pages, Keynote etc or Open Office. For an occasional spreadsheet for home it isn’t worth it.

Also check what you / family can get from work / school. My wife gets office 365 from her work, my oldest daughter from University. Youngest has online only access from school.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2lover
@maxicek well, ok then I know what I can expect in a year.

It was part of a laptop that I bought (used), and I just installed it yesterday.

I view it as one year of testing experience, maybe I like it more than Open Office (or Libre Office).

But pretty senseless to me to pay for only one year, that doesn't even cover an education.

RL:
- Bad: Corona situation
- Worse: Employment situation
- Worst: Wife situation

D2:
Been reading up on D4, no actual playing for months.

OVG:
Hearthstone. No expert, but doing OK. Diamond league on both EU and US servers.

RL: Moved in over the weekend +today a bit. Finished drywalling the bathroom, installing a door to it and the mirror so we have some sense of a home. Fortunately and unfortunately we don't close until either Friday or next Monday now as opposed to on Wednesday. Gives me an extra day to tidy up I suppose. @Trim In is a relative term. Technically I am not supposed to be here as we don't have an occupancy certificate, at the same time it is an old barn to home renovation and the structure has been perfectly fine. Stupid electrical code is making me put a bazillion outlets in my big living room (1 every 12 feet...the room is 40ft x 50ft)

D2: maybe 15 minutes

OVG: No time.

RL: not much

D2: not much either

OVG: really getting into let’s go eevee. Transferred a bunch of gen1 in go to my park in Fuschia and go there to watch Pokémon interactions when I want to find calm/quiet. Have my trainer in Seafoam islands currently. Also bought sword for myself with the expansion pass, so going to see how that goes soon. All this while waiting for go fest in two weeks. That weekend will be massive drainage of phone battery weekend.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High