Off-topic in the OTF

Yes, but physical symptoms? Perhaps it's not the coffee that removes them, but the water or the minerals that are coming with it. I suggest to try pure water, milk, juice or so next time.

Yeah, physical symptoms can sometimes result from caffeine withdrawal. Headache, muscle ache, etc.

This is actually reminding me of my grandfather. He ended up in the hospital one day with lung problems due to a lifelong smoking habit. The doctors credited the fact that he wasn't already dead yet to his coffee drinking habit. You never saw the man without a coffee mug next to him. Anyway, the effects of the caffeine had increased his blood flow and oxygen circulation.

Yeah, physical symptoms can sometimes result from caffeine withdrawal. Headache, muscle ache, etc.
I've personally experienced the headaches. Not fun. I've slowly decreased to between 4-8 cups a day because I can't always get a fix.

I gave up coffee and smoking at the same time. Two years on and cigarette smoke makes me gag whereas the smell of coffee makes me want to dive into a swimming pool full of it and drink myself to death! I still drink tea so I get plenty of caffeine from that. No idea what broke in my brain. :unsure:

Reactions: jmervyn
If you're someone who likes coffee but can't drink it for whatever reason, you might try Pero. It's a really good substitute.

The link is to a six pack on Amazon just so you know what it is.

I gave up coffee and smoking at the same time. Two years on and cigarette smoke makes me gag whereas the smell of coffee makes me want to dive into a swimming pool full of it and drink myself to death! I still drink tea so I get plenty of caffeine from that. No idea what broke in my brain. :unsure:
Luckily I gave up smoking soon after i tried it, that was a long time ago.

Coffee however is a near to daily thing. However, I have cut sugar and sodas.

Coke is the Devil. I gave it up 2 years ago but the 36 packs in Costco will still call my name as I wheel the cart past them. I have to tell myself to be strong and leave room in the cart for alcohol.

• Haha
Reactions: d2lover
Coke is the Devil. I gave it up 2 years ago but the 36 packs in Costco will still call my name as I wheel the cart past them. I have to tell myself to be strong and leave room in the cart for alcohol.
That happens to me, but with cases of Pepsi.

When I driunk two mugs of coffee, I get sweaty hands and become a bit restless. That's probably due to a kind of an overdose. I've never had it like that from too much Coke, but if I drink a litre in the evening, I often wake up at 3 AM and cannot sleep for an hour. I haven't done that in the last 15 years, however, I usually have enough of that sugar water after half that much.

For some reason, it needs much more than that when it's about beer, but the moment of having enough comes more of a sudden.

Apropos of nothing, I just finished another certification exam today - the SANS GSEC.

Not to brag - well, maybe to brag just a smidge - it was a 5-hour exam of 180 questions requiring a 73% to pass, and I received an 82% in only 3 hours.

Now, I already hold two of the highest security credentials - CISSP and CEH. That said, THIS EXAM BENT ME OVER & BRUTALIZED ME! The GSEC is supposed to be a barely-more-than-entry-level exam for new IT Security workers and management.

The CompTIA "Security +" is supposed to be reasonably difficult, and it's a cakewalk by comparison. Today I was analyzing code snippets from unknown diagnostics that may have had a single slide during a 6-day boot camp, with a lecturer seemingly more in love with the sound of his own voice than in imparting critical information.

My brain hurts. I dread the 'capstone' I was taking this course as a prerequisite for, because it's apparently like one of those live events that all but the most hard-core geeks find mind-numbingly boring (no matter how many neon lights and big screen images are shown). I'm seriously thinking that I might be better off looking at more project management courses instead.

Rush Limbaugh just died from cancer. Scientists say it is now safe to release the cure for cancer.

So Lady Gaga's dog walker was shot and her two French Bulldogs were stolen. She is offering a half million $ reward. Wait what's this? It for the return of her dogs no questions asked and NOT for info leading to the arrest of the shooter? WTAF?

It won't be long before we start eating the rich if this shit continues.

Last edited:
This is a country where people pay 1/2 million dollars for 2 ugly dogs but a $15 per hour minimum wage? No Way Jose.

Just curious, but are you aware she has mental health issues? Serious mental health issues? This is no secret, she's talked about it more than once. Her music was her way of dealing with them.

Just curious, but are you aware she has mental health issues? Serious mental health issues? This is no secret, she's talked about it more than once. Her music was her way of dealing with them.
Not surprised you'd rush to the defense of a sociopathic narcissist. You've spent enough time here defending Trump. What comes first I wonder, the $ or the crazy?

Like I said, I was just curious if you were aware of that fact before you decided to demonize her.

The Manhattan DA has Trump's tax returns.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High