Off-topic in the OTF

Hardly. What China wants, China gets.

Everyone ought to be offended about the cheating & censorship, though. Not that anything will be done about it...
Trying to prove cheating is near impossible unless you already knew the where's and how's beforehand. When it comes to censorship the truth is that no one cares unless its impeding them these days. As for censorship, Trump has been exposed to the media's whim's and power just as any president who came before him.

It's only censorship if the state does it. If somebody comes into my house and starts saying what I regard as intolerable, I will tell him to shut up or leave. Also, freedom of press doesn't mean that the press has to write reasonable or balanced articles. That would be ridiculous because who would decide what that is? If it's the state, then exactly that would lead to censorship. Freedom of press means that the press can write whatever they want... while still being in line with other constitutional issues. But OK, you didn't say that it's illegal that the press isn't praising your points of view often enough, although you might regard it as unsatisfying and disappointing. Well, that's the problem with a couple of your points ... and a few of mine as well.

If the press is biased, then often because it makes others listen to them or because of something else that earns them money. If there's a market for presenting other points of view, then somebody will probably claim that market. It's just that people who appear as educated, intelligent or reasonable are usually opposing those who talk a lot of nonsense of a certain magnitude.

Hardly. What China wants, China gets.

Everyone ought to be offended about the cheating & censorship, though. Not that anything will be done about it...
With the help of the Deep State, Cheating Dems, Hugo Chavez, Dominion, Smartmatec, The Clinton Foundation and Cuba. Did I miss anyone? Oh ****...Soros! How could I forget to include that boogeyman?

I worry that with protesters now at the gates of the White House, the completion of Melania's tennis pavilion may now be delayed. Bring in the military police to clear the rabble! Posse Comitatus Act? Screw that. Melania wants to play tennis!
The long American Nightmare has ended! The Whitehouse Tennis Pavilion has been completed!

Deb has a furbaby. River is a 7 week Dogo Argentino rescue puppy. She is deaf and has learned many hand signs in the past few days. Dogos were bred to hunt puma and wild boar but make excellent family dogs. She is already 25 lbs and may reach mid 80's.

View attachment 60285View attachment 60286View attachment 60287
She is now 60 lbs and still growing! She came zooming into the kitchen, clipped my knees and took me right off my feet the other day. My ass is still sore.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I read this morning that the first ever retail bitcoin transaction was for a couple Papa John's pizzas. Somebody paid 10,000 bitcoins.

I just looked up the price of bitcoins. Those pizzas cost 288 million.

That reminds me of the third person among the founders of Apple. He sold his 10% of the company right after its founding, for $500 or so. Those 10% would be worth several billions today.

That reminds me of the third person among the founders of Apple. He sold his 10% of the company right after its founding, for $500 or so. Those 10% would be worth several billions today.
I think he got 2300 bucks total. It gets worse though. He sold the original contract paper back in the 90's for 500 bucks. The new owner sold it 10 years ago for 1.6 million.

A late Christmas posting: The Christmas truce of WW1.

I saw this video
about veggy-meat and I'm gonna try at home.

I plan to buy from Rügenwalder Mühle, an established meat-producer here in Germany.

Actually I can only recommend not eat pig-meat if you are in Europe or Africa, because there is a pigdesease currently floating around.

Better buy meat from your local butcher, cut off while you are watching. They cannot afford a meat scandal, unlike a supermarket which would simply changs to the next big and probably as dirty player in the meat business in case of a food scandal. FYI, Rügenwalder Mühle had a scandal a few years ago, being about arranging prices with their competitors.

For wurst, I recommend Salzbrenner... or better self-made wurst from the butchery Unfortunately almost no butchers are slaughtering themselves anymore. The last one in Hamburg stopped at that a few weeky ago. Now they are all buying it from huge slaughterhouses. the new standards are made in a way that a butchery shop cannot afford to fulfill them, thanks to lobbywork by the big players in the business.

Typical northern German dish for this time of the year: Grünkohl (colewort/borecole/curly kale) mit Kohlwurst (a special kind of smoked sausage, translates to cabbage sausage), plus cooked or fried potatoes and mustard sauce. Like this (scroll down a bit). As said: Take the wurst from Salzbrenner. So humble, but so delicious! I had it twice or so in the last few weeks so far and more often to follow.

Actually I can only recommend not eat pig-meat if you are in Europe or Africa, because there is a pigdesease currently floating around.

That's too much of a generalization and exaggeration. The pig disease is harmless to humans and their pets, but meat from sick pigs can spread the disease to other pigs, of course. Also, it's not in all of Europe. Only pig farmers have to fear it because if a case is revealed on their farm, all pigs are going to be killed and be disposed of.

Cook it and accept your defeat!

Deb is a vegan and makes she makes her own fake meat and cheeses. her fakebacon is acceptable.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I read this morning that the first ever retail bitcoin transaction was for a couple Papa John's pizzas. Somebody paid 10,000 bitcoins.

I just looked up the price of bitcoins. Those pizzas cost 288 million.
And now they'd be worth 395 Million!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High