Off-topic in the OTF

Sup dudes and dudettes? @KremBanan whatsapped us that there was a new forum so here I am.
Following the Projectdiablo2 thing and thinking about a necromancer build...

I finally got an actual raise after over a decade.

No, I'm not buying a round for y'all; my wife has been yammering for years about getting a water softener to replace the broken one.

Kiddo's got his own plans for my new windfall. I'll let them fight it out.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Sup dudes and dudettes? @KremBanan whatsapped us that there was a new forum so here I am.
Following the Projectdiablo2 thing and thinking about a necromancer build...
Welcome aboard!

Vote.

Congrats on your raise, Merv!
Thanks, Leo.

Mom died later that night. So I'm still not batting 1000. My sister hadn't let me know where they were living for the past 6 years or so.

No funeral but my sister likes living off Mom's retirement income so I'm not sure if I'll have to get ANOTHER lawyer.

Who is batting 1000 these days ;) , things sounds tough if you couldn't shout us at least a single drop of whiskey. I know you guys over there make some fine bourbon. So, here's one for you Merv. *shouts Merv and anyone who is up for a drink a double rum and coke*. I hope that makes you feel better.

My condolences, jmervyn.

I wouldn't start a lawsuit about your sister having mooched off your mother's pension. You probably cannot prove anything that has substance in a courtroom and would lead to her having to pay it back. Even if you could, could she pay it back? If she can't, you might destroy her life. You could argue that it was a matter of her choosing and I don't know about the relation you have with her, but would you go that far? Perhaps it's wiser to let her get away with it.

One of my friends (a D&D buddy of the first hour who I know since 1980) has a younger half-brother who probably took a couple of heirlooms of their common father when he died. My friend can be pretty ruthless if it's about something that he believes to be his right and he's also a bit stubborn, so he consulted a lawyer about the issue. He didn't have an emotional connection to the stuff, it was mainly a matter of being angry that his brother denied him something he had a share on, with a bit of emotion because it was about his father. So the lawyer's advice were that even if he succeeded at getting a few of the heirlooms, it would not be worth the efforts and emotional stress.

Reactions: In The Name of Zod
Thanks, everyone. It's kind of unfortunate that I felt sadder and cried more tears for my father (who was a real bastard) than I have for Mom, but since my sister kept me away from her and I'd not seen her for several years prior, she'd really not been much more than a one-way phone call on the weekends (she never would call me; just another one of the little things she 'kept me in my place' with). Think Madeline Albright's clone and you've got 80% of her, including the social stature & belief system.

Yes, it does suck though, because boyo literally only saw her once or twice within his conscious memory.
My condolences, jmervyn.

I wouldn't start a lawsuit about your sister having mooched off your mother's pension. You probably cannot prove anything that has substance in a courtroom and would lead to her having to pay it back. Even if you could, could she pay it back? If she can't, you might destroy her life. You could argue that it was a matter of her choosing and I don't know about the relation you have with her, but would you go that far? Perhaps it's wiser to let her get away with it.
It's good advice, and I'm prepared to ignore the fact that she not only had an open line of credit with Mom but never needed to grovel for help as I always did. However, Mom claimed that her estate would be divided equally so while I won't go after my sister for living off Mom's income for nearly 7 years, I'll probably think otherwise if she tries to cheat me out of that as well. It would be different if she didn't have multiple trust funds, a couple of huge inheritances, around $2M partial ownership of a farm, a better job than I do, and as it turned out, has been living rent-free in my aunt's house all this time that she refused to let me know where Mom was.

You folks don't know how easy-going I am in real life, but I know you've got a good grasp of how vicious I am regarding morality, honesty, &c.

Family: You can't live without them, you can't shoot them.

I'm so happy that I have an outstandingly great relation to my brothers and I'm at good terms with all other relatives as well.

Well it that time of the year. Coated the old Ford F100 with boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits to protect the patina. I'll let it dry a day or two and then put it in the garage for the winter.

Pull out the chaquetas, abrigos, and wash your dog on (hopefully) the last warm day of year, all the good stuff.

P.S. I'm learning Spanish. 😊
"Si el trabajo es lo mas mejor en todo el Mundo, voy a tratar Marte." - my high school yearbook quote.

It's funny that I CLEP'ed my Spanish requirement but barely ever use it now. I chat with the custodial services foreman & a couple of co-workers. I would have liked to have learned Latin instead.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Remember.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High