Off-topic in the OTF

Two sets for spring/summer and two thermal sets for fall/winter is enough (or just three sets if seasonal weather is mild). Don't skimp as cheap sets won't hold up for more than a year. Higher thread count = more durable/comfy. Avoid 'microfiber'. Linen sheets are awesome but you will pay dearly for them.

A typical sheet "set" is simply a "fitted sheet" (which encloses the mattress) and a "flat sheet" (the one that you sleep under so as to avoid sweating up the actual blankets that are a pain to wash). Some sets come with matching pillowcases.

Duvets are simply comforters (often weighted) with a removable cover that can be washed (easily) by itself rather than having to deal with the whole thing. They are superior to an ordinary comforter in every conceivable way!

Wait... Wait.... You sleep UNDER the flat sheet???

Like, you're on top of the flat sheet or the flat sheet is on top of you? I'M LEARNING HERE!
:LOL:

The flat sheet is on top of you. That's what protects the actual blankets from your sweat/oils. It's a lot easier to wash sheets than blankets (esp. blankets meant for Queen+ sized beds).

Of course, with a duvet you can keep the flat sheet under you (or not place it at all) and just wash the duvet cover and the fitted sheet... which I hope you do weekly.

:LOL:

The flat sheet is on top of you. That's what protects the actual blankets from your sweat/oils. It's a lot easier to wash sheets than blankets (esp. blankets meant for Queen+ sized beds).

Yes, yes it is. I've got one thick-ass comforter and I love it but a ****ing pain to wash and dry.
Of course, with a duvet you can keep the flat sheet under you (or not place it at all) and just wash the duvet cover and the fitted sheet... which I hope you do weekly.

.............Yes. Yes, I do.

>.>

<.<

Washing sheets and pillowcases right now. Mine are done, but I need to wash the baby's. Will do so tomorrow. I only have the one King size sheet for our bed, was thinking of getting at least one more. Baby technically has two, sets of sheets for his Queen size bed (long story) but the other set is being used in the Guest bedroom. I may need to get sheets for him too.

Bump.

Well, soon my bump will be bigger. Right now, it's just a meatball with limbs. Part of the reason I took a hiatus was constant queasiness and mood swings (of which I'm still dealing with so yaaaay I'm gonna be sick!!! /Gir)

And we're moving back to Cali again! We put the house up for sale yesterday and we have a good offer already. I think we're gonna take it.

I'm feeling a mix of feelings. Zokar is happy, of course. I think I'm feeling 50% happy and 50% sad. Sad because it didn't work here (for several reasons) but I no longer feel guilty for wanting to leave and I can sleep better knowing we tried and TX wasn't for us... It wasn't for me.

Learning some hard lessons right now... Well, maybe one. Looking forward to therapy to figure this shit out and deprogram.

Reactions: djmbbandie
Congratulations! When is he or she due? Any ultrasound images?

I'll see if I can add them up here. ^^

Really happy for you and Zokar, Leo.

Thank you! ^_^

I would like to register a complaint. Butters changed her avatar.

It is just temporary. I've been marathoning Bubble Guppies for months now and I just wanted a little change. This one is my fave Bubble Guppy and I caught her making the perfect face in one of the episodes.

Yes, Gorny knew for a while. I was waiting for the first ultrasound.

I'm betting girl.
You have a point, intuitively spoken, but on ultrasound images, only things that curve outward could be seen, if at all. [/nerd]

I had to leave my ant farm with someone while my family visited other family and the person dropped it and I've never gotten over the betrayal.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High