Off-topic in the OTF

Of course. Half the nutritional value of a potato is in the skin and it's not too bad taste wise either.
Same. Of course, a so-called "baking potato" can be ruined by an improperly cleaned skin, but I generally think it's silly to peel the smaller varieties.

Is there some recipe using chips as an indigrient?

especially the salted ones are great haha
Not to be a nebbish, but I'm assuming you mean "chips" in Americur, rather than "chips" AKA pommes frites?

If so, my wife often makes chicken strips with potato chip 'breading' as a (barely) lower-calorie option to deep fried chicken strips. There's a number of similar ideas; they're not bad but I suspect the increased salt isn't off-set by the slight decrease in fat.

Reactions: Glurin and d2lover
Kinda hard to screw up cleaning a potato though. All you do is put it under some running water and wipe the dirt off with your hand. Then it's into the oven or microwave (if you want it fast).

House listed yesterday. First offer 40 minutes after listed for more than asking. (It was listed at fair market and not artificially low.) Offer accepted.

We've had our eye on a couple houses on private islands in the Caribbean. I think one of them may soon become our forever home or at least until we get too old to perambulate the grounds.

Next few months will be very busy for us.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
It will be a few months yet. House should close in a month and a half and then we have to travel to Canada and finish immigration paperwork and get a SIN and a health card for Deb and then we should be able to fly south and start looking at property.

Damn that sounds awesome. Rum and cokes in coconuts all day, don't forget us little guys when you're off galavanting on your private island.
I heard immigration into Canada is pretty tough right now though, but probably made easier by being married to a Canadian?

So not only did boyo earn an associates degree on Friday, but he FINALLY received his confirmation of acceptance to Cornell.

We're very proud, obviously, but I really don't know if he'll be able to afford it, even for two & a half years. We won't find out financial details for at least another week. I already told him that if they're this blasé about treating him well (he should have received the formal offer - or retraction of same - over a month ago) then it doesn't bode well for their behavior in the future.

• Love
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Damn that sounds awesome. Rum and cokes in coconuts all day, don't forget us little guys when you're off galavanting on your private island.
I heard immigration into Canada is pretty tough right now though, but probably made easier by being married to a Canadian?
Yes the process was not difficult but covid delays were frustrating.

So are you Canadian or US American now? I can never remember. BTW, is it possible to get Canadian citizenship while keeping your old citizenship?

German citizenship can only be gained when giving up the old one, except you are from an EU country and maybe a few others. That's not a "Deutschland über alles" issue, but one of pragmattism. Multi-citizenship can be juristically problematic. You can be German citizen at first and then pick a new one, as the German constitution says that German citizenship cannot be revoked, except you gained it by cheating or so, like through a bogus marriage with a German (marriage gives you citizenship automatically if you wish).

One of my bosses is Canadian and he didn't take German citizenship because of that. His wife is British and she took German citizenship after the Brexit plebiscite, but before the Brexit after which she would have had to give up* her British one . Clever move.

*: "would have had to give up", hmm... is that the correct tense in English? Os is it a matter of turning a German verb construct monster into English?

I am Canadian and Deb is American. You can hold dual citizenship. I am a permanent resident of the US and Deb will become a permanent resident of Canada. I believe that I can apply for US citizenship after being here for 10 years and Deb can apply to become a Canadian after 5 years.

"would have had to give up" is correct. Sometimes English can be just as monstrous as German.

Unloaded my closets last night and sorted through the shirts that I am keeping and the shirts that I am dropping off at goodwill. I kept about 30(half of those are tees). The remainder are in the back of my pickup. The box is full. There has to be 250 lbs of shirts to drop off at Goodwill. I am not a hoarder, I am a fashion slut.

I did get rid of my Leafs jerseys because after last night's game, I am finally done with them. My heart has been broken for too many years. Might give up watching hockey altogether. I hear that professional ferret-legging is an amazing spectator sport. I might start following that league.

The last of my pet chickens apparently developed "bumblefoot" and I'm getting ready to go deal with it.

If you want to see some of the most obscene, grotesque clips available on YouTube, look up how to treat bumblefoot. They're nearly as bad as the African veterinarian treating mangoworm infestations in dogs.

That's too bad. Hope it works out and you can get that taken care of.

That's too bad. Hope it works out and you can get that taken care of.
Turns out it was a non-issue. Chicky got a nice epsom salt bath, and I sprayed her feet with some sort of purple Lotrimin-like stuff for chickens.

She's old in any event so it very well might be some sort of chicken arthritis.

Closing date on the sale of the house is in a month. We'll be in the Caribbean 2 days after! 10 days in Panama City to get our resident visas and then 3 weeks to look at properties. Then we will be back in the States for a couple days and then up to Canada to get some paperwork completed and visit family and then back to Panama to complete a property purchase. Next few months will be busy!bce4abf4-346f-4588-8de8-008fa3a55eaf.jpg

Reactions: Dredd
Closing date on the sale of the house is in a month. We'll be in the Caribbean 2 days after! 10 days in Panama City to get our resident visas and then 3 weeks to look at properties. Then we will be back in the States for a couple days and then up to Canada to get some paperwork completed and visit family and then back to Panama to complete a property purchase. Next few months will be busy!
Stay safe, sane and healthy. Hope everything goes smoothly for you! Oh, and don't forget to check in once in a while. I don't like being alone with the crazies. 🤪

Stay safe, sane and healthy. Hope everything goes smoothly for you! Oh, and don't forget to check in once in a while. I don't like being alone with the crazies. 🤪
I think that both my sanity and health will start to improve the minute I arrive.

They do have intermittent internet there but the service should improve next year when Starlink becomes available.

The pic above is the view from one of the two house on the property we are going to check out. 20 acres, 3 docks, a large round thatched covered palapa, workshop and a chicken coop.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High