Off the Beaten Path Tournament Results - winter 2020 [by Luhkoh]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Luhkoh on Feb 12, 2020.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The OBP tourney had two scoring tables, one for runes and one for items. Each is scored individually and combined into final score table. Tiebreakers determined by highest scoring single entry in the individual scoring tables, and by highest scoring item in the combined results. Huge congrats to our new OBP champion @ffs!

Link to running thread HERE

OBP Items
1. (12) ffs 55.7
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
The Grandfather 9.3
Soul Drainer 6.6
Stoneraven 6
Stoneraven 6

2. (10) Grisu 54
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Giant Skull 8.1
Steel Shade 6.6

3. (8) WoRG 52.7
Dragonscale 14.6
Cerebus' Bite 11
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Soul Drainer 6.6

4. (7) Gripphon 51.9
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Stormspire 9.3

5. (6) ResTTe 45.3
Templar's Might 10.7
The Grandfather 9.3
The Grandfather 9.3
Spirit Ward 8.1
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9

6. (5) J-Dog 44.2
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Boneshade 7.9
Boneshade 7.9
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8

7. (4) NanoMist 42.4
Death Cleaver 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
Steel Carapace 8.1
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8

8. (3) jjscud 35.7
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Alma Negra 9.1
The Gladiator's Bane 4.9
Griswold's Valor 4.3
Djinn Slayer 3.2

9. (2) peytron 35.6
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Spirit Ward 8.1
Soul Drainer 6.6
Arachnid Mesh 5.9
Messerschmidt's Reaver 4.6

10. (1) Luhkoh 34.2
The Cranium Basher 9.3
Ondal's Wisdom 7.8
Doombringer 5.7
Leviathan 5.7
Nightwing's Veil 5.7

OBP Runes
1. (12) ffs 104.5
Zod 71.8
Lo 15.1
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Pul 3.4

2. (10) Gripphon 73.4
Cham 27.5
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Sur 13.7
Pul 3.4

3. (8) Arctodus 53.8
Jah 18.3
Jah 18.3
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Lem 2.6

4. (7) Ghonn 48
Cham 27.5
Sur 13.7
Mal 5
Lum 0.9
Lum 0.9

5. (6) DiabloTwoinDC 47
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Vex 10.6
Mal 5
Lem 2.6

6. (5) jonnyphive 32.7
Jah 18.3
Ist 7.5
Lem 2.6
Lem 2.6
Fal 1.7

7. (4) maxicek 27.9
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1
Um 5.1
Fal 1.7
Lum 0.9

8. (3) J-Dog 26.4
Sur 13.7
Mal 5
Pul 3.4
Lem 2.6
Fal 1.7

9. (3) Luhkoh 26.4
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Um 5.1
Mal 5
Fal 1.7

10. (1) peytron 22.8
Ohm 10.1
Gul 7.1
Lem 2.6
Fal 1.7
Ko 1.3

Final Score
1. ffs 24
2. Gripphon 17
3. Grisu 10
4. WoRG 8
5. J-Dog 8
6. Arctodus 8
7. Ghonn 7
8. ResTTe 6
9. DiabloTwoinDC 6
10. jonnyphive 5

Last edited:
Oh, what the hell?? :D I'm on the podium
Omg those results! Congrats @ffs you ruled both categories!

My two isties and low points S/U couldn't compete (the first set Ohm is nice however and allowed me to craft a SC CtA), but it was a fun tournament nonetheless! My luck went afterwards and is currently on, sadly after tournament, but wheel is rolling!

Also huge congrats to you @Luhkoh for hosting this (for me) new format, if I understood correctly you revived something, but you did it well, the score sheet was...IS a great tool from now on.

Hope there will be other like this one, I think one interesting point now will be to analyze the area that worked well in top 3 - iirc what had been declared in the running thread I think top 10 are amongst various places. And that's nice!

See you on next event ;)
Wait, I won a tournament? I gotta say, when @WoRG crushed my epic RFL comeback last year despite Zod and Cham drops, I thought that wouldn’t ever happen. ;) Traveling atm but will try to post some stuff later, if screenshots are in the cloud that is..
Damn, sixth for me ! Pretty sweet, considering the complete trash S/U drops I got ! Dual Jahs saved it for me ! I’ll make a haul pic tonight after work.

Congrats to @ffs !!

Originally posted by Luhkoh

Wow, what a set from @ffs! The placement was sort of like 1..2.........3.4.5, so condolences to @Gripphon, but tough to compete with that zod!

Everyone definitely post some juicy haul pics and talk about what characters you ran and where and how it went, if you want.
1596856003690.png

I thought that haul pic was gonna be cool, but looks kinda rough, but was too lazy to make another :p. This a combined haul pic from the two sets I ran, and I was very pleased with the results. Got some decent runes, and two TC87 grailers (cranium basher and shadow dancer), as well another grailer (hoz). Also scored a very nice 14% csd nightwings!

I ran my first set with trapsin in drifter caverns. She was lucky and also found me a grailer in gargoyles bite during practice runs before the tourney. I had some fun running here. The ice caves look so nice, and the enemies are fun/dangerous. Died several times over the 10 hours, mostly to moon lords, but a couple time from succubi with some nasty mods. Was playing kinda unconservatively :p. Overall I didn't end up loving the area because of the guaranteed champion spawns. This mant that your proportion of champs to bosses well exceeded the normal 20% and you have less minions to drop you runes. Both vex's were from this set and were from poppables (one was from an evil urn :)), and the shadow dancers were found in glacial trail on the way to drifter. My assassin leveled from 90 to 92 during this.

Second set was in mausoleum with my blizz sorc. She leveled from 92 to 93.6ish. Density here is ofc crappy, but it was so nice having a couple of guaranteed boss spawns rather than champion spawns. This was the set i ended up submitting. Found the cranium basher (this was second unique thunder maul in overall grail, and first was earth shifter, so pretty lucky there), and later found the nightwings. Was hoping for veil for grail purposes, but a juicy nightwings is more than welcome. Was also glad to finally get a hoz. Mal and Ist were from monsters, and um and gul were from the sparkly chest.

I also found some excellent nonqualifiers, the rjof being a huge highlight for me.

failed uniques: archon plate, wyrmhide, colossus voulge
tc3s: pelta lunata, tancreds boots, sanders cap
grailers: shadow dancer, cranium basher, herald of zakarum
other nonquals: rjof (38/15), pcomb 32 life, lightning skiller, 35@ vmagi
1596856015048.png
1596856024526.png
1596856035733.png
1596856044603.png
1596856054327.png
1596856063873.png
1596856072223.png

Originally posted by Gripphon

My prediction method is correct yet again! Now it is clear why @ffs didn't even blink on Cham outside tourney. I expected 3 Chams, but Zod is good alternative as well. Congratz on the win.

I did two sets of typical Berserker barb combining City of the Damned, Plains of Despair and Drifter Cavern areas, although majority was focused on CoD. I also tested necro and hammerdin for CoD for an hour or two.

SET 1

1596856144913.png

Solid set, exactly what I hoped to see when entering the tournament. Total of 7 MFO qualifiers of 9.3+ points and very good luck on rune drops. Jah and Vex dropped in the first few hours.

Item score: 65.4
Dragonscale 14.6
Dragonscale 14.6
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Schaeffer's Hammer 11.6
Halaberd's Reign 10.4

Rune score: 39.9
Jah 18.3
Vex 10.6
Mal 5.0
Pul 3.4
Lem 2.6

Overall very good set, lucky on rune side and above average on item side. Still, there was too much time left and I went for the second set not expecting a better set than this.

SET 2

1596856159461.png

Item score: 51.9
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Stormspire 9.3

Rune score 73.4
Cham 27.5
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Sur 13.7
Pul 3.4

I don't know in what universe is MF barb supposed to outperform his item score with runes by 21.5 points, without Zod. Even better, I would like to know how rare this kind of event might be. I checked all my MFO's with barbs and across 50 to 60 hours finding maybe 2 to 3 high runes is already lucky. This set on runes outperformed 7 out of 14 of my Travincal/Cow 20 hour sets if we include top 5 runes only. Mind you I didn't compare 20 hours of this tourney with 20 hours of Travincal or cows, I compared only 10 hours of this set with 20 hours of RFL areas. This may very well be 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 event, mathematicians on forum might have a better estimate. Assume my barb killed creeps comparable to 40 to 45 p7 monsters per minute, or 715/595 MF with 55% hork ~4.6 s/bosspack for items.

Item drops weren't so good this set, at least I hoped to see something better than this. But it's fine, 50+ is respectable enough and I can accept it, but I wanted to see something around 55 or 60 at minimum. 6 items of 9.3+ MFO points is kind of average as well for 10 hours.

[highlight]
FINAL WORDS[/highlight]

An excellent and enjoyable tournament and it was a pleasure to play in it. CoD barb turned out to be able to challenge pitbarb efficiency-wise, although major downsides of area are tough creeps and no Tyrael's from champions. Gameplay videos under spoiler. Thanks to @Luhkoh for hosting this tourney

Yeah, this is what i was expecting: decent item score and trash rune score. Didn't drop a single hr. Not even pul+... XD Have no idea how someone can find 4 hrs within 10 hours, but whatever XD I did just 2 sets and they were both very comparable. Nothing unusual. You can see them here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cTKDCkErNfURFbdqJ--v3kNDwyNOvFylYij3Ctj6DtU/edit?usp=sharing

I decided to track all of the elite items i found during the second set. It turned out to be 46 items total. Kinda crazy xD
Congrats to all who participated (and especially @ffs for winning!); this tournament was a lot of fun. As I mentioned in the running thread, the 10-hour sets were nice and manageable. No haul pics for me as I ID'd everything as I went, and the quality of my qualifiers dropped off pretty quickly in both categories so they wouldn't be that impressive anyway. Still, very happy to place 10th - my only goals were to 1) have fun, and 2) not come in last :p, and I accomplished both.

The one disappointment for me was that after initially finding that 4os 12% ED superior Shadow Bow, I found a Jah within about an hour of running, as well as a Lem and Eld shortly thereafter, but the Ohm never dropped... so I felt tantalizingly close to being able to assemble all the components for a very nice Faith the whole time, but unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be. Still happy to have that Jah though!! And The Redeemer and Death Cleaver were both grailers, so that was nice.

Let's see, what else... with a nice Trapsin who leveled from 87-91 (thus finishing the build for me), I ran /p5 RoF for the first 5 hours, with 217 runs meaning about 1:23 / run, and the second five hours of RoF were at p7 and about ~15s slower per run, so not a big drop off. Decent enough pace for no Enigma, I think.

And of course, a huge thanks to @Luhkoh for hosting! I know it can be a ton of work to coordinate something like this, and with all of us being "real" adults these days, fitting that into your schedule is even more impressive. I look forward to when this (presumably) comes around again next year!

Originally posted by ffs

@Gripphon indeed those are pretty sick rune hauls for a single target build! I would have expected it to be much less successful for this kind of scoring system tbh. Btw that other Cham you mentioned was found weeks ago, not during or after this tournament, hence the no flinching. ;)

I only did one set running RoF with Hammerdin, mostly on P5. He is a solid choice for A4 areas on higher player settings, and well suited for this kind of combined MF/RF running. Gameplay is rather braindead though, and even a touch more boring for someone who took an untwinked Pally to 99 recently, having thrown a hammer or two along the way. :)

1596856283272.png

Gameplay vid I posted before the tourney started with gear shown at the end:

Lo, Zod and Astreon's dropped within the first 2.5 hours. (Also I should note Lo and Zod dropped within 25 minutes after I complained about lack of rune drops in the running thread. :p) As evident from his score, the remaining 7.5 hours were pretty terrible, but after the strong start I stuck with RoF just to see what it delivered, even though it became increasingly clear the CoD was the better target.

Two of his top 5 runes dropped from RoF chests with Lo and one Gul. I hit the chests because the location usually spawned 1-2 packs anyway, didn’t really think chest drops would matter much per se. Those plus Zod and Astreon drops:

1596856292194.png1596856301489.png
1596856309933.png1596856321067.png

Thanks for hosting @Luhkoh. Congrats to all who found something they were looking for! Let’s pile up even more runes soon during RFL.

Originally posted by Arctodus

Haul pic :

1596856501696.png

Noob pic, because my items are ID, but well, I'll do better next time. And also only kept my best items in my OBP stash, so not to complete haul either. Sorry !

As you can see, it was very meager S/U wise. I did decided to go hard on RoF chests, which very close from the WP, because I thought that it was my best chance at a decent score, since I was using a sub-optimal Blova sorc rushed in about two weeks. Already had Jah, Gul, Lem and Ist with 3h30 left, but decided to continue with my two chests, hoping for that Cham drop. I had to settle with another Jah, poor me. :p Still, I think I made the right choice, in my specific context.

I think that RoF was a very good place to farm for this tournament (as @ffs proved), but would probably use some other character in the future, because Grotesque were too much of a pain in the *** to kill with Nova. I skipped them most of the time.

Anyway, all in all, for my first tournament ever with a sub-optimal character, I'm very happy with my 6th place !

Originally posted by J-Dog

Congrats @ffs !

This tournament had quite a few insane rune hauls. I thought my set was pretty well rounded but fifth place was a surprise. I ran mostly Glacial Trail + Drifted Cavern with awesome Evil urn spawns. I did waste maybe two hours of the set by running Izual + City of Damned rather inefficiently. Trapsin was my weapon of choice for the tournament.

I planned on running second set with fire druid but got caught up with leveling a Flaming mauler bear and other magic finding so I ended up doing just one set. Here's haul pics:

Qualifiers:
1596856575981.png
Elite uniques:
1596856588926.png
Jewelry:
1596856598396.png

A huge thank you @Luhkoh for hosting this tournament. I had a lot of fun not only during the tournament but also before it began. I tested out builds and ran areas I normally wouldn't and it was refreshing. Definitely more stuff like this on the SPF in the future.

@ffs
It has nothing to do with expectations. If you tell me to fire up my Travsorc now to outperform that kind of a rune score in 10 hours, real question would be how many sets would it take me to do it. I don't think anything I've done in diablo can measure up to this kind of luck, even my 290+ RFO score pales in comparison. It's just too bad luck came in a form of runes and not something else.

EDIT
Seeing scores now MF barb objectively has nothing to hope for in this kind of tourney. Lucky type of event I hoped for was random Jah/Ber/Cham drop maybe supported with random Mal and then Lem and then weaker runes. Something up to 25 score or 30+ in case of Cham. That would be kind of "normal type of luck" if there is such thing. And that would hardly be enough for top 10. Barb would likely take 12 or 10 points in items and hope for point or two in runes. That's kind of maximum player could hope to get. Good enough for top 3 in the end, far from having a chance of winning.
Congrats to @ffs for the win! Astreon's and Zod combo sounds awfully familiar.. Also thanks to @Luhkoh for hosting duties!

My first set was done with a Fireball Sorc in P5 RoF, targeting both bosses and ghosts. Highest rune found in 10 hours was a Fal.. bad luck there.
I respec'd to Blizzard Sorc for my second set, concentrating on bosses only with P1 setting. Runes were more in line with what I expected P1 to be- Ohm Um Pul Lem Io. Qualifiers are pitiful but I did find these non-qualifiers though:
Blood Thirst
Scissors Quhab
One Hand Damage: 28 - 143
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 72
Required Dexterity: 72
Fingerprint: 0x484e946c
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+11 to Maximum Damage
+72 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Adds 3 - 5 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
8% Life stolen per hit
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+1 to Blade Fury (Assassin Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 100%
Ethereal

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x776fc218
Unidentified
+10 to Maximum Damage
+74 to Attack Rating
+29 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x28074eea
Unidentified
All Resistances +3
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
@NanoMist heh, of course I also remembered, back in 2018 aka NanoMist's reign of terror.
Great stuff everyone! Loving the haul pics. Congrats to everyone who had fun and/or got richer :). Lol that astreons/zod repeat is hilarious. Glad you guys linked that. And yeah @Gripphon thats got to be rune-luckiest 10 hours of zerking in history. Well really 20 hours lol. If you'd scored better on items, I guess you could have tied for first (that last sentence is hilarious for zerker). But this was @ffs 's tourney to dominate (congrats again!). Also @Arctodus did you drop both jahs from the chests themselves? We need jah-from-chest screenshots!

@Luhkoh One from chest, one from a Strangler. Didn’t make a picture of the second drop, because it dropped in a map full of champions/uniques Grotesque that were dicey on p7 for my Blova. Had to lure them away from the rune before picking it up, so no real time for a picture (S&E screen would have hid the thing).

It also means that my last 3h30 wasn’t that productive, at least chest-wise. I probably should have hit another target. I used my Frenzy barb in the Kurast temples for an 1/2 hour, but nothing dropped, so I switched back to RoF hoping for Cham.

Also, I think I didn’t keep the picture of the one from the chest. I thought it was not necessary for the tournament. Are those required ? Again, you’ll have to excuse my noob behavior, I’ll keep those drop pictures next time !
@Arctodus of course not required! I think I put screenshots encouraged but not required in the rules, I just meant because it's fun seeing a jah from a chest when we're all so used to LK :). And haha no worries, this is the first time I've successfully not ID'd most of my finds for a haul pic. My haul pick from last mfo was atrocious since everything was ID'd and I included a ton of items in it.
Using GoMule helps to fight this identification desire. But try not to on a non eth Griffon!

Originally posted by jonnyphive

Here's the pic of my Jah drop... I'm about 95% sure it was from the chest but with traps there's a lot of killing going on while I open chests so it could've been from a mob too.

1596856737271.png

Edit: This was on p5, so if it was indeed from the chest, this should be the only pattern at this p setting in A4.

Originally posted by WoRG

Wow! Congrats to @ffs , what an awesome haul!

I knew my rune haul was unimpressive, to say the least, but I had expected my item score to place better than third, especially given the 10hr set limit... still, not at all unhappy with my overall placement! :D

I wanted to run with Jodeln, my Singer... he's a bit less hectic and much safer than my 'zerker, and I enjoy the playstyle even if he is a bit less efficient. His merc's new Insight GPA was a nice upgrade, and halfway through the set I replaced his Treachery with Fortitude (borrowed from another character): while the drop in attack speed was noticeable, the increase in damage was even more apparent, and I didn't really notice many corpses shattering due to Chilling Armor...I'm thinking I may make him his own Fortitude in a nice cube-bugged eth armor (maybe the Great Hauberk that dropped during the tournament, if it gets 4sox)

As I still need a Tyreal's, I wanted to run an alvl85 area, but wasn't really feeling RoF, so I went with the 3 lvl85 Kurast temples (Forgotten Temple(UK), and Ruined Fane/Disused Reliquary in the Causeway.) Also, the lvl85 temples don't have Wailing Beasts (MI) or Spiders/Vamps (high hp/DR) like the lvl84 temples do. I rolled a map that had the WP in the middle of UK, with the Forgotten Temple on the way to the Causeway...this made the runs nicely linear, and minimized travel time...it also helped that 2 of the 3 temples had their boss spawns close to the entrance, so I rarely had to go deep into them. It was a nice change of pace from the pit, but I felt like it was not as good on bosspacks/time.

I had great item luck overall, not just with what dropped, but also with how well they rolled...the Shadow Dancers and Soul Drainers were both perfect rolls, and the Dragonscale is a better roll than any I had (although the Cerberus' Bite is a horrible roll, and eth to boot....) Non-qualifiers were also great: 3 Facets (2 of them 5/5 die lightning!), a perfect roll Nature's Peace, Metalgrid, a +29max Vermillion jewel of Carnage, an almost max defense Eth Great Hauberk (max base defense is 501, this one got 500...cube socketed it will have 1125def, before any +%EDef from a runeword!), and best of all, a 4os +3skills 15%ED Superior Grand Matron bow!!!

Haul Pic (non-qualifiers on the left):
1596856850604.png
Qualifiers:
Code:
Dragonscale
Zakarum Shield
Defense: 582
Chance to Block:  42%
Smite Damage: 46 to 46
Durability: 46 of 65
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 80
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x6f797f04
+20 to Strength
+200% Enhanced Defense
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 211-371 fire damage
+10 to Hydra
20% Fire Absorb
+15% to Fire Skill Damage

Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense: 523
Durability: 11 of 11
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 76
Required Level: 63
Unidentified
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x877b892d
+139% Enhanced Defense
8% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
82% Bonus to Attack Rating
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 144
Durability: 16 of 24
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Required Strength: 166
Required Level: 71
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe013579c
+25 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Griswold's Honor
Vortex Shield
Defense: 296
Chance to Block: 59%
Smite Damage: 5 to 87
Durability: 72 of 90
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 68
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x419903bf
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+108 Defense
All Resistances +45
65% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Soul Drainer
Vambraces
Defense: 149
Durability: 13 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 74
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x97acf74b
+120% Enhanced Defense
7% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
-50 to Monster Defense Per Hit
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking
Non-Qualifiers:
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb427baca
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x724ddb6a
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe7a13309
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
+3% to Cold Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Vermilion Jewel of Carnage
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x153b1f3e
+29 to Maximum Damage

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xaec3b57e
+432 to Attack Rating
+333 Defense
All Resistances +33
Level 22 Iron Golem (3/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (18/20 Charges)

Nature's Peace
Ring
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x1f9690af
Damage Reduced by 11
Poison Resist +30%
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 5 Oak Sage (25/27 Charges)

Great Hauberk
Defense: 750
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0xd4ea23fb
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Superior Grand Matron Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 16 to 82
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 152
Required Strength: 108
Required Level: 58
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x439eb80b
+15% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Socketed (4: 0 used)

WoRG

Originally posted by WoRG

Sure! I'm pretty proud of it... If I had a goofy green hat this awesome, I'd wear it all the time, too!! :p

It's a 1.07 Berserker's Fury Visor of the Ages, with +3 Berserk, +3 War Cry, and +3 Find Item. I racked it in Durance of Hate 2 late last June, and Larzuk put 3sox in it when I asked him to socket it! I forwarded it, and put in a Cham for CBF and a pair of rare jewels from 1.08 that both got FHR and MF, plus other useful mods (some GF, MPK, Dex, mana, and AR)

Its a great hat, and allows Jodeln to very effectively Zerk PIs with Grief on switch, without a single point spent in the combat tree!!!

A Zerker would also likely love it, as it would let him use WC for safety when needed w/o pointing it...

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll post readouts and a pic...

Edit: OK, so when I was deciding what to socket into this helm, I wanted some FHR & MF...I thought about socketing in Shael & Ist, but Shael was overkill (I only needed 12%FHR for the breakpoint), so I looked through my stashes of 1.08 rare jewels, and found a couple that covered the need even better while also providing some other good mods!
1596856961714.png
Code:
Berserker's Fury Visor of Ages
'Cham'
Defense: 150
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 129
Required Level: 67
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4bbc5c78
+9 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
+60 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
27% Extra Gold from Monsters
33% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
14% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 to Berserk (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+3 to War Cry (Barbarian Only)
+3 to Mana After Each Kill
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Bone Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0x30714ac5
+60 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
27% Extra Gold from Monsters
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Ghoul Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 36
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0x48c39c0e
+9 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
7% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 to Mana After Each Kill

Cham Rune
Inserted into a Fury Visor

Cannot Be Frozen

WoRG

Originally posted by CaseyJones

Well, I completed 2 sets during the run.

The first set on my twinked PNovamancer, Ooze (twinked a light term...Deaths Web and Trangs primarily, no enigma). I ran Ruined Temple in the Kurast Bazaar. Battlemaid Sarina and crew with usually 2 more random boss packs. Here's a shot of the temple layout for this set...Drop down the stairs and Sarina is straight ahead...so I would drop a bone wall down, pnova a bit and then CE. Pick loot and repeat :)
1596857030172.png

The ring was a Dwarf Star. The downside to this map layout was the stair traps about 1/3 of the time. Confuse and bone prisons all round with some poison and explosions to clear the room.

Leveled ** to 91.75 in that set suffering a few deaths...I think at least 1 without recovery. Ended up with these qualifiers:
Runes: Score:10.3
PUL 3.4
LEM 2.6
FAL 1.7
KO 1.3
KO 1.3
KO
LUM
IO
IO
IO
HEL
HEL
12 Qualifying runes

S/U: Score: 26.0
Steel Rend - 10.7
Eaglehorn - 5.5
Taebek's Glory - 3.3
Aldur's Deception - 3.3
Djinn Slayer - 3.2
Rune Master - 3.2
HellSlayer - 2.6
Windhammer - 2.5
Bonehew - 2.3
IK Stone Crusher - 1.0
IK Stone Crusher - 1.0

11 Qualifying S/U

Total of 312 runs at 1:46 average

I think all of that was in the first 8 hours of the set with the last 2 hours not yielding much.

About 8 hours into Ooze's set, I was really happy with the XP gain and decided to start an untwinked bonemancer to run a second set with.

Grim, the Bonemancer, arrived at the Ruined Temple at lvl 77 and ended up at lvl 86 by the end, being untwinked he managed quite a few upgrades with these runs. I initially searched for the same temple layout as Ooze had but the lower levels and crappier gear meant the stair traps were not manageable. So, I rerolled a longer layour where Sarina and company were at the far end in the corner.
1596857198056.png
Stairs were back to the top right...with Sarina and crew in the bottom right corner and the random boss packs generally spawning in this open space here. Had a couple of good sessions where I needed a Vipermagi, a Monarch which cube socketed 4 for a Spirit, and this nice Coronet:
Plague Veil
Coronet
Defense: 37
Durability: 30 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x647e1bb6
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+26 to Strength
+64 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +12
Magic Damage Reduced by 3

...may not be a shako but it is nice :)

On the next session it was the mercs turn!
Drop Images:
1596857065441.png1596857073109.png1596857083406.png

Readouts:
Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 359
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x4379a883
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
8% Life stolen per hit
+132% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (12/20 Charges)

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 629
Durability: 34 of 45
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x620e4598
+194% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+60 to Life
Damage Reduced by 30%

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two Hand Damage: 38 - 452
Durability: 43 of 65
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 89
Fingerprint: 0x67e284dd
33% Chance to cast level 1 Decrepify on striking
221% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
Adds 4 - 44 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (4 Frames)
15% Life stolen per hit
33% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%

Those images were only 14 pics apart so it all dropped in short amount time during a single session. None of them were Ethereal but they were definite upgrades!

A bit of trollin....
1596857097839.png

And then my best drop of the tourney:
1596857105179.png
It popped out of a basket.

Qualifiers:
Runes: Score: 18.8
SUR 13.7
PUL 3.4
IO 0.7
HEL 0.5
HEL 0.5
HEL
HEL
HEL
8 Qualifying Runes

S/U: Score: 22.8
Blackoak Shield - 5.9
Marrowwalk - 5.0
Verdungos Hearty Cord - 4.3
Andariel's Visage - 4.3
Reapers Toll - 3.3
Trang Oul's Girth - 3.2
Dangoons Teaching - 1.3

7 Qualifying S/U

Total of 230 runs at 2:23 average.

In the end I submitted Grim's set for the tourney due to the much higher rune score.

It was quite a fun tourney and I do like running the Ruined Temple which I had never done but will definitely include more of in the future. Thanks @Luhkoh for hosting this fine tourney and grats to @ffs for the amazing scores!

Originally posted by Peytron

Maggot Lair, Hurrah!

Have to teach myself to stop the timer during mule time and stop wasting time picking up gems and such.

Two decent runes (other qualifiers Lem, Fal, Ko)

1596857354435.png
1596857362102.png

Top 5 item qualifiers:

1596857369251.png

This one was a grailer:
1596857380382.png1596857389797.png1596857403272.png1596857411349.png

Thanks again to our host. I hope you decide to continue formats like this!

Originally posted by PhineasB

Congrats to the winner, and everyone who got nice drops. Here's my massive haul, all summarized in a single, sad screenie:
1596857470000.png
I can't claim to be disappointed because I really didn't have any reasonable expectations of good drops given my approach. But 2x each of the two lowest runes and x1 the next lowest was a bit salty :)

I am pretty sure I placed last on score for anyone who finished a set . . . Maul and armor were both Green and Nos Coil was highest scoring item. But the third skiller for my untwinked Windy was well worth it! Thanks for hosting @Luhkoh

Originally posted by Grisu

Congratulations everyone and thanks @Luhkoh for coming up with this tournament!

Seems like there's no business like Zod business, @ffs! That is an incredible feat and I am envious of that Zod drop! Zod and Tyrael's and Fireball and Blaze Ormus' Robes are the only items that haven't dropped for me so far.

I found the RoF runs with my Hammerdin quite refreshing to my usual questing, but there were dry streaks of 4 hours without any elite S/U or relevant rune drop, which is why I probably find boss running more rewarding (you just see more green and golden items on the ground :)

Besides having some overall good elite S/Us, I was very pleased to find my 23rd different Ormus' Robes - the Thunderstorm one. Now I am only missing the Fireball one and Blaze one for my Perfect Grail and Ormus' Robes Grail :D

With the finds in the OBP, I finally surpassed the 92% mark in the self found perfect grail - went from 91.92% to 92.03% with the new Ormus Robes, a slightly better Aldur's Gaze and a slightly better (and almost perfect!) Naj's Light Plate (98.17% perfection).

In the ethereal perfect grail, I went from 53.64% to 53.87%...finding a better eth Rune Master (from 61% to 95%), a better Atlantean (from 40% to 70%) and a better Patriarch (from 75% to 85%)

Some random non-qualifiers:
Code:
     Seraph's Hymn
Amulet
     Required Level: 65
     Fingerprint: 0xfca76901
     Unidentified
+2 to All Skills
     +1 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
     +27% Damage to Demons
     +165 to Attack Rating against Demons
     +28% Damage to Undead
     +158 to Attack Rating against Undead
     +2 to Light Radius    

Carrion Wind
Ring
     Required Level: 60
     Fingerprint: 0xd098d042
     Unidentified
10% Chance to cast level      10 Poison Nova when struck
     8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking
     9% Life stolen per hit
     +131 Defense vs. Missile
     Poison Resist +55%
     10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
     Level 21 Poison Creeper (7/15 Charges)    

Order Touch
Ring
     Required Level: 48
     Fingerprint: 0xfa99bd6e
     Unidentified
+10% Faster Cast Rate
     All Resistances +9
     Fire Resist +23%
     +1 to Mana after each Kill   

Bronze Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
     Required Level: 39
     Fingerprint: 0x4cc44ed1
     Unidentified
+10 to Attack Rating
     +19 to Life   

Crimson Jewel of Thunder
Jewel
     Fingerprint: 0x656e4c13
     Unidentified
+7 to Minimum Damage
     Adds 1 - 95 Lightning Damage   

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
     Fingerprint: 0x9550898d
     Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level      41 Nova when you Level-Up
     Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
     -4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
     Fingerprint: 0xe7471b88
     Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level      51 Poison Nova when you Die
     Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
     -5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
     +5% to Poison Skill Damage   

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
     Fingerprint: 0x402d1a65
     Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level      41 Nova when you Level-Up
     Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage

Pelta Lunata
Buckler
     Defense: 39
     Chance to Block: 20
     Durability: 7 of 22
     Required Level: 2
     Required Strength: 12
     Fingerprint: 0x591de061
     Unidentified
+40% Faster Block Rate
     20% Increased Chance of Blocking
     +33% Enhanced Defense
     +30 Defense
     +2 to Strength
     +10 to Vitality
     +10 to Energy
     +10 Maximum Durability   

The Hand of Broc
Leather Gloves
     Defense: 14
     Durability: 6 of 12
     Required Level: 5
     Fingerprint: 0x57d9b0ea
     Unidentified
3% Mana stolen per hit
     3% Life stolen per hit
     +11% Enhanced Defense
     +10 Defense
     +20 to Mana
     Poison Resist +10%   

Pelta Lunata
Buckler
     Defense: 43
     Chance to Block: 20
     Durability: 15 of 15
     Required Level: 2
     Required Strength: 2
     Fingerprint: 0x98e703ca
     Unidentified
+40% Faster Block Rate
     20% Increased Chance of Blocking
     +34% Enhanced Defense
     +30 Defense
     +2 to Strength
     +10 to Vitality
     +10 to Energy
     +8 Maximum Durability
Ethereal

And finally - the haul pic! (didn't have any more space to add additional items and i didn't want to remove all charms just to add them later to the inventory again...:rolleyes:)

1596857530402.png

EDIT: Did 2 batches with a total of 592 runs at/p7, 614 at /p3 and 25 at /p1

average run time was around 60 seconds per run for /p7 and slightly below 50 seconds at /p3 (and /p1).

Originally posted by Ghonn

I'm a bit late to the party, but here is my haul. I started with hammerdin and ran some RoF. It soon became quite stale as I wasn't enjoying the character at all. Instead, I leveled a javazon and continued the task. This time it was fun, but my gaming time was extremely limited. In total my participation into the tournament consisted ~7 hours of which 3 hours were spent with hammerdin and 4 with javazon. With javazon I constantly visited various areas instead of staying in RoF.

As I had anticipated, my bold taunting tactics for rune finding worked, and it worked immediately. The enigma for my hammerdin was squeezed together from all of my higher runes including one Jah, one Sur and a two Lo runes just before the tournament. Sur was from an LK streak in which I was supposed to find another Sur or maybe Ber as well. LK didn't deliver, though, so those Lo runes had to go. Well, 26 minutes into OtBP a Sur rune drops. Los were not completely wasted... but kind of they still were.

Both characters were sporting around 200 mf and item drops definitely weren't stellar. I enjoyed the tournament and hope to see another in the future. It's nice to be able to participate in something that doesn't necessarily require ten of hours commtment. Thank you for hosting, @Luhkoh

1596857581108.png

Cham came from a burial chest.
1596921464130.png

Sur.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff! Loving the haul pics. Seems like there were quite a lot of nice finds even with some having little time put in. And thanks for the kind words everyone. So glad the tourney was such a success! I'll look forward to more or more like it in the future!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High