Discussion No trading in Diablo 4. Diablo 4 is garbage and you should throw it in the trash.

psyadam

Aug 24, 2003
So just heard the leak that there will be no trading in Diablo 4. (At least not any trading of substance). The designer thinks that you should "earn" the best items in the game is the reasoning behind it. Only problem: You can still just buy an account so it doesn't really stop rich people from buying the best items if they want it. It's so fucking disingenuous.

The other thing that gets me, is this:

TRADING WITH CLANMATES​

There's hints that the clan bank feature, first thought to only be for clanmates to pool gold, may have special trading features built into it [3]. One could imagine posting one's hand-me-down gear for lower level clanmates to benefit from.

"We want Diablo 4 to be social, and the shared world is something we're leaning on. We do want that opportunity for players to say: "I can't believe you have that item. Let me barter with you." We're still figuring out the limitations on trading. We'll have player-to-player and with your clan via the clan bank."- Luis Barriga · Former Diablo IV Game Director

I don't think I'm the only one that prefers doing shit alone than being forced to join a "clan"

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this is set in stone yet. There's a lot of speculation flying around at the moment, although due to the nature of the game itself being developed with more social features, it will likely be less favourable to solo players when it comes to getting your hands on gear.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they actually settle on eventually. Hopefully, hear more on this soon as we race towards a closed beta test.

The other thing that gets me, is this:

TRADING WITH CLANMATES​

There's hints that the clan bank feature, first thought to only be for clanmates to pool gold, may have special trading features built into it [3]. One could imagine posting one's hand-me-down gear for lower level clanmates to benefit from.

I don't think I'm the only one that prefers doing shit alone than being forced to join a "clan"

I don't like clans either, but I have no problem setting up or playing with a group of people I trust, I.E. other members of this forum set. I know many of them, some for more than 10 years, and would have no problem being in a Clan with them and only them.

In fact, I've already talked to a few about the idea, even though were still months away from release.

I don't like clans either, but I have no problem setting up or playing with a group of people I trust, I.E. other members of this forum set. I know many of them, some for more than 10 years, and would have no problem being in a Clan with them and only them.

In fact, I've already talked to a few about the idea, even though were still months away from release.
This seems to be a small forum. It just happened to be the first one I found in a search, I might be interested in joining a clan from here if others would let me. I would say that trading is really important for me in order to fully enjoy a Diablo game.

Personally, the real money auction house was the best thing since sliced bread in Diablo 3, and I was not wealthy at that time, I was very poor.

Last edited:
This seems to be a small forum. It just happened to be the first one I found in a search, I might be interested in joining a clan from here if others would let me. I would say that trading is really important for me in order to fully enjoy a Diablo game.

It's not as small as it seems :)

This community has been around for over 20 years, though this forum board is a re start of sorts.

See here: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/t...blo-retirement-for-diablo-iv-also-now-d2r.17/

For reference, the old forum and it's story are located here: https://diabloii.net/forums/

Note this thread: https://diabloii.net/forums/threads/mafia-games-please-read.967117/

Reactions: psyadam

Personally, the real money auction house was the best thing since sliced bread in Diablo 3, and I was not wealthy at that time, I was very poor.
It's not a small forum, it's just most people are playing D2R/D2C (see the Diablo 2 forum section). When there's more info on D4, things will pick up in the forum here as we expand more D4 forums out.

Glad you made it over @psyadam , The community here is fantastic, we're seasoned players that have been around for a long time as @Gorny says.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
I love Diablo 2 and 3, but as soon as it started getting boring I quit. For me trading and making money was what Diablo was all about.

At best I expect it to be somewhat more relaxed than Diablo 3 but never as unlocked by default as Diablo 2. That I expect is going to remain dead for a number of reasons, largely in the company's interests of maintaining control.

Reactions: Rush and psyadam
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High