Next MP group?

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
After the class specific mp group, i'd like all women group.

All players must use Sorceress, Amazon or Assassin
All players must use a Act 1 Merc
If you can you must have at least 1 point in Shadowwarrior(or master) or Valkery and summon it

All skills allowed except teleport

What are your ideas? the fancier the better.

I think we will have a very long time to discuss because of RFL

That is one I proposed, I’m not sure about the Shadow / Valk requirement though.

I think one with A5 or even A3 mercs only could be interesting too. Even no mercs at all. Less support from mercs means we have to support each other more, which is what MP is about.

As you say, plenty of time before the next one though as we need to get the RFL done first.

The idea of a merc-less group sounds fun, and bit less OP than the prior two groups and what I expect the Class Set will be. Having 5-6 (or 8) mercs with auras or double auras really simplifies the game play! I would probably run my planned Abbott build if we went mercless and contribute the prayer and Insight.

Reactions: maxicek
If we do merc-less I have a Last Wish Conc Barb planned which would fit nicely. Need to think about the possible sept @ffs is dragging me into too, so we can do all the ideas, I just need to consider which class :)

Edit: Just had a funny auto-correct - The Merciless Merc-Less MP Group.

I realize we have the RFL first, but are we settled on all female (mercless?) for the next group? I have a Dream Sorc build, as well as a (random) Sin that I was planning on starting. Wondering what the group's plans may be, as 'Infinity' would be pretty mandatory for Dream Sorc for example.

If I'm going to do a sept, I need to play Assassin or Sorc for the female only group. Like you all the builds I have planned "require" Infinity for sorc. Actually that is what makes the group interesting. Maybe someone will self carry the Infinity?

Votes please for the next group? Open to anyone of course (you can even suggest something for the group) even if you don't want to participate.

Options:
"Girls Night Out" - All female characters and mercenaries
"Merciless Merc-Less" - Any builds permitted, but no mercenaries.
Something else - Please suggest

All "Twins" - Like the Bodacious Barb tourney, all characters must be paired with a doppelganger mercenary.

Heaven's Bretheren - All characters must use this overlooked set.

What was I thinking? - All classes must use/focus on their weakest offensive skills. Arctic Blast Druid, Blade Sentinel/Psychic Hammer Sin, Inferno Sorc etc.

Girls Night out seemed like our top choice. Of course we would have to allow some duplicate classes.. I could play any of the three to balance/make room for others' choices. I havent really messed with 'Beast' yet. So, could go with a bear build to provide some beef if that were allowed?

I’m allergic to Heaven’s Brethren. The site of those set items brings me out in a rash as I always find them first in MFOs.

The Disciple Set is awesome though. I would expand to “any set other than class specific” group.

(that isn’t a vote :))

Clvl 81 on Taebek’s is crippling for that set. Have to level quite a bit just to be able to equip a rather uninspiring set for all of Hell? No thanks. :)

I’d vote for lady’s night or merciless merc-less. I have a build for the latter. And I’m thinking self-wielding Infinity TS-DTail Assassin with Wrath Rogue might be interesting. 10 frame attack for TS would be limitation but she should hit hard, and I’m not sure if decrep would trigger enough or life tap would override decrep too much on the merc. But that would at minimum provide Conviction for the group!

@PhineasB I was thinking of a similar Assassin, depending on what the RFL drops. I only have an Eth Infinity so was thinking about Lacerator or Stormlash. Or just a plain kicker with Stormlash. If I go for a Sorc it is likely to be a physical Bearsorc.

I wouldn’t suggest we restrict ourselves by going for different builds though, duplicates are fine. And bears are fine.

(not a vote either:))

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
OK, I'm making an executive decision (as host) so that people have something to plan for:

Next MP Group, sometime after all the RFL rounds are done and when sufficient people can make it:
"Girls Night Out" - All female characters and mercenaries

Next one after that:
"Merciless Merc-Less" - Any builds permitted, but no mercenaries.

Reactions: D2DC
Tayble! Tayble! Tayble! :LOL:

Ok, I guess it's not that difficult to copy/paste:
Code:
Name          Character          Build                 Current Level         Merc
____          _________          _____                 _____________         ____
D2DC          Assassin           Mythology Theme       lvl 13 - A1 Normal    'Faith' (lvl 15) or 'Harmony'

So, don't know exactly what she is gonna be yet.. But, will be wearing 'Myth' armor (CtC Taunt/Howl), throwing Shurikens with Minotaur (Blind Target/Slow/CB), and using Medusa's Gaze + Firelizard's for melee (Slow/CtC Lower Resist).

Have to utilize (Dragon) Tail + (Dragon) Flight, as well as (Phoenix) Strike in some way, but other than that I dunno. Is DS gonna be too OP for the group play?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High