Nehling. Let the adventure begin again!

Nehling

Mar 26, 2023
I would like to welcome you all and say that it is great to meet so many diablo 2 supporters! I have been watching you guys for a very long time, but somehow I didn't have the motivation to join you and start something of my own.... Until today!

A short story related to diablo 2 :
I played this game for a very long time, but I never got to lvl 99! I usually played and let go after time, changing and trying new builds. I was never rather patient about one character!

Now what? Why am I here?
I want to share with you my way to lvl 99. I am starting from the very beginning, from scratch. I am open to all advice. I wondered which character to choose. An assassin or a paladin. However, I choose assassins. Why? I don't know myself. I want to try something that will give me fun, but at the same time that I will enjoy. As a first character.

Of course it will be trapsin.
I certainly won't play as fast as most, but that's okay. The road to lvl 99 is certainly a long one and patience is needed. How will it be, can I make it? We'll see. Let the "hell" begin.
I hope you will accompany me on my journey!

dsPxO5u.png

Welcome to the SPF and thanks for sharing the journey! Trapsin is near and dear to my heart as a 99er build.

For my untwinked 99er, I went with Infinity first, which worked out fine (in large part due to Jah drop in the Pit after making the Infinity). But I think it’s most efficient from time perspective to get the Enigma and then keep running LK until Infinity.

Reactions: Nehling
I just read your way to 99lvl as trapsin after asking the question. What a journey! Thanks Phineas for writing back!

I myself don't know what I will choose as 1. Whether infinity or Enigma. We will see how my path works out after that.

So far everything is going reasonably well. I killed Mephisto yesterday.
Q5ZUUji.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
Welcome to the SPF - Join us in the UT99ers thread

I went Enigma first for my Kick/Trap UT99er. Even though running LK for the remaining two Bers was a nightmare, I think this was the right solution. I was considering going Infinity first for my Mosaic Assassin, but it is so powerful I am very glad I went for Enigma first there too.

Ultimately it comes down to if you get a lucky Jah. If you go Enigma first then drop a Jah, unlucky, you could be finished already. If you go Infinity first and the Jah never drops, you have wasted time with longer runs. As you are playing 1.14d and have quicker load times, this is even more significant.

Reactions: Nehling
Welcome to the SPF - Join us in the UT99ers thread

I went Enigma first for my Kick/Trap UT99er. Even though running LK for the remaining two Bers was a nightmare, I think this was the right solution. I was considering going Infinity first for my Mosaic Assassin, but it is so powerful I am very glad I went for Enigma first there too.

Ultimately it comes down to if you get a lucky Jah. If you go Enigma first then drop a Jah, unlucky, you could be finished already. If you go Infinity first and the Jah never drops, you have wasted time with longer runs. As you are playing 1.14d and have quicker load times, this is even more significant.
Thank you Maxicek you for your answer! I understand what you mean and all in all it is logical. We will see how it :)

Jah fell to me only once in my life, so you have to count on luck, and if not then somehow we will survive this nightmare together (As long as you and the other members decide to accompany me!)

Welcome to the SPF. Those are some pretty nice drops already, look forward to seeing more of them.
I wonder what hell will bring if I find myself there. After that I'll focus on Baalruns and maybe pidleskin (We'll see how the level flies) to get that 75 lvl, and then I'll let you know what my plans are for hell.

Thanks for visiting my topic. Let's hope to move forward! It's always motivating to be on the forum with such people, isn't it?

Reactions: maxicek
So where do I start?

I made 75 lvl. I Mix exp between pidleskin and Baal. Nothing interesting fell except this miracle,. which I gave merc

l8vBGdG.png

I couldn't find any eth base so I decided to do an insight in this. It is known that in eth would be better. But still if I find a better base on hell I'll swap it (As long as I don't have infinity)
0kHImoz.png

Due to the fact that lum did not fall anywhere I had to make a cube 3 io, which I drop from Countess from I think 20-30 runs?

xL6I1uj.png

What is my plan now? Definitely go through hell until Anya is rescued. Then I'll know something more about where I stand, because maybe something interesting will fall to me from items or runs. I'll definitely be mixing Lk with Pit a bit afterwards and maybe a pidleskin somewhere. I'll save Mephisto for later when I have enigme and infinity.

Of course any advice I will accept as much as possible!

Reactions: snickersnack
At clvl75 I would have pushed to Hell Countess and gone for Treachery. I would also have shopped NM Anya for claws. Merc looks like he needs some leech, or he is going to die a lot in Hell.

Look out for a 3os Breast Plate (or shop Normal Fara) or Light Plate, then push to the end of A3 & kill Meph. Then hit LK for Enigma.

Reactions: snickersnack
At clvl75 I would have pushed to Hell Countess and gone for Treachery. I would also have shopped NM Anya for claws. Merc looks like he needs some leech, or he is going to die a lot in Hell.

Look out for a 3os Breast Plate (or shop Normal Fara) or Light Plate, then push to the end of A3 & kill Meph. Then hit LK for Enigma.
Maxicek.
Thank you for these tips. Unfortunately, I read them too late and have already moved on, but certainly for those who are reading this or will be reading this, these tips will definitely be helpful!

That's true with the merc. My goal was to go straight to saving anya. And the fact is that the merc fell very often, and the passage of travi was quite.... resistant.

For sure, when I go to the Pit, I will start looking for armor for him to make treachery, and in the future fortitude.

The same goes with the base for enigma or will try to do what you wrote, then we will see.

As I mentioned earlier. I went straight to Anya. My Merc was falling quite often and it was a bit annoying, but I wanted to move on already.

I don't have any interesting screenshots of this game. Nothing interesting fell to me except the one from hf
l6gALri.png

So I thought to myself, what to do next? Do I start exp on pindleskin or go to the Pit or maybe start Lower Kurast? I chose the latter and... I was not disappointed. It was CRAZY

First I did Harmony so I could run faster and finish faster. I don't have a perfect map, I have to mention this to you, but somewhere I felt that this was "the" Map
hLq4hg0.png

So getting to the point. See for yourself how I was generously gifted.

Agr0D2J.png

wcIxzLx.png

Ew9QDHR.png

This..
yERHEES.png

tuCLgE6.png

hHkpiwp.png

However, I don't have a base for Hoto or Cta (In terms of Cta, I still miss Ohm) Somewhere in my mind I have the thought to wait until Ohm flies for me and try to walk a bit on Pit with the desire to hit Jah. Since I am so generously endowed so far why not? Besides, it would be useful to get a little bit of a base on items.

Another update from my adventures on the way to my first 99 lvl

In fact, I can't really complain. That is. Not now, that's for sure. Earlier I could not find flail 4 sox, and I tried to do with receipe flail that I found and I think there were about 5 of them.... And every time everything came out, but not 4. Later I gave myself a break and in Lower Kurast flew me out of 4 sox and I did hoto.... It was worth the wait
WKjDutf.png

Later I found such a miracle.

L5knDFa.png

And this.
zYZkyxl.png

After that I had a break with runes quite a bit. A break I mean, such that nothing practically fell to me. A few hours ago my ber fell, but I didn't take a picture. So I miss Sur to Enigma. Later I'll write what I'm planning, but in the meantime.

This is cool )
NbZQRVt.png

I found this, I think in this I will make an enigma, what do you think?

ui4AzCg.png

Later, I changed the map in Lower kurast to do it a little faster and found a rack and the first thing that fell to me was monarch 4 sox so I did spirit ;)
TulmCMt.png

Well, and Cta. I have to admit that my Ohm did not fall. But for that I had One gul and full of ists that I had. Of course, I saved myself for infinity. Well, and I still had Vex, so thanks to these two guls I was able to make myself an Ohm.

OVv0Xdh.png

Isn't it, beautiful?

So what's next? I stay in Lower Kurast until I find Sur or Ber. As I mentioned above I am missing one Sur to Enigma. I'm not setting my sights on that soon. Once I find it, I'll want to get to 94 lvl on Pit (And hope I fall base to infinity and 2 sur or bers) And some items I need Like Shako etc. Later I'll probably take care of the other items I'm missing and finally if I can't find the runes, I'll hit it on Lower Kurast. Of course it also needs a base for fortitude for merc.

8ATesCU.png

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High