Need help with kicksin damage

BigBoy

Nov 14, 2006
Need help with kicksin damage

When doing the ubers i can easliy take ther life down to about a milimeter left, then it takes me awhile to kill them. I have 100 cb and 30 ds. Right now i do 2.2 kick damage not counting venom. Right now i use

Helm- Guillames face- thinking of putting 40/15 in it
armor- fort
hands- dracs and ik
boots- upped gores
shield- phoenix 380 en damage
weapon- lastwish 356 en damage 61 cb
rings- raven and rare dex str leech ring
ammy- metalgrid 415 ar and 32 resists
switch- 5bo cta spirit
for prebuff i use 2 +3 shadow claws, +3 shadow helm, +3 shadow ammy and trangs gloves
in inventory i have 11/16/10 anni and 16/17 torch

Should i get shadow gc's or martial arts gcs. Also how much more ias do i need to reach the 7 frame kicking.

Base weapon for the Last Wish?

If you have any troubles surviving switch the Phoenix for a Storm, if you don't, then well done incorporating Phoenix in! :thumbsup:

DS doesnt work with kicks.

But thats pretty much an optimal kicker for Uber hunting (assuming you don't die).

Last wish is in a pb. I really have no trouble using phoenix. Crushing blow only can do damage to a point then it wont work anymore. When i get there life down so low crushing blow will cut off and then it takes me a while to kill them.

Use a Lawbringer phase instead of Last Wish.

It might seems a little weird but i have a kicker geared almost like yours and changing that made my life so much easier in Ãœber Trist.

Don't get me wrong, i think LW is a great weapon for certain builds because it packs alot of good features.

But in my humble opinionyou are fine as long as you have around 50% crushing blow and some form of open wounds. 100% CB is overkill.

Also the sanctuary aura will knock back undead and the 20% chance to cast decrepify will keep the big three tamed.

Change the gloves too so you don't overide the decrepify with life tap - i like upgraded bloodfists.

If i dont have lifetap i will get my *** beat. And what helm should i pick up, right now im using andys.

How high is your DT ? You get 1 + (number of points in DT/6) kicks. 30 is a good number so gives 6. 36 is better as you get 7.

Keep your dracs. The LT is what keeps u alive against the uber. Dracs have open wounds also which prevents regen.

Upped gore riders are the best boots for kickers. Crush blow and lots of damage.

You could add lots of elemental damage charms to help out.

The Guill. face helm is the best helm in the game for you.

If i dont have lifetap i will get my *** beat. And what helm should i pick up, right now im using andys.

People assume that you need lifetap for über trist - it's far from true. Me and many other people did it without it. Over 20 times for the writer of this post.

When a monster is decrepefied he hit weaker and less often. His physical resistance is also lowered by 50%, so you do alot more damage.

Just drink health potions when your red bubble is lower - you will see that it won't happen that often.

It would be easier if you had max block too - Phoenix is way overkill for that build imho. Most of it's mods aren't even useful.

How high is your DT ? You get 1 + (number of points in DT/6) kicks. 30 is a good number so gives 6. 36 is better as you get 7.

Keep your dracs. The LT is what keeps u alive against the uber. Dracs have open wounds also which prevents regen.

Upped gore riders are the best boots for kickers. Crush blow and lots of damage.

You could add lots of elemental damage charms to help out.

The Guill. face helm is the best helm in the game for you.
Why do people always recommend guillaumes + up'd gores for kicksins that state they use LW? Seen that mentioned in several different threads from different posters.
Unless you switch to another weapon, or your LW cb% is low, chances are you are overshooting your cb% and to be honest 100% isnt even necessary.
Those item slots can be better used for other items to give stats/fhr for an hp boost or resists.

LW + up'd gores + kiras
LW + sdancers + guillaumes

would be my recommendation to asns choosing to use a LW setup.

It would be easier if you had max block too - Phoenix is way overkill for that build imho. Most of it's mods aren't even useful.
vouch.

Should i get shadow gc's or martial arts gcs. Also how much more ias do i need to reach the 7 frame kicking.
PvP kicksins go with shadows, PvM kicksins go with trap or just resist charms, for Uber Trist and Uber Trist only, resists or ar gcs would probably help your cause the most. MA are useless.

With phase LW you need 46 ias for 7/3 on fade.
Although thats not really necessary for pvm or trist, you can get 8/3 on fade with phase LW and 17+ ias.

I switched my helm to andy's for the extra 20 ias and i dont need to use kiras cause my resists are 75-75-85-85. Wiz you seem to not like lw what weapon would you recommend.

i vouch for lawbringer, it is an awesome weapon
i think the person who thought it up must have been a kicksin in a previous life
wizzy, awesome, great for creating flexability with other gear

open wounds, make sure you have it as it prevents thier life regeneration and will allow you to chew thro that last bit of life

if ur kick dmg is not enough the i recommend elemental dmg as i cant think of anything else :shocked:

but above all else that last bit of life will always take ages, sorry but get use to it having watched cb wipe away most of thier life i know that it can be dissappointing to have 2 wait for that last bit of life

but

tough

it will always be that way :shocked:

edit: dont bother with what ur chars read out is,
take base of -100 (ignoer anya quest cant be relied on) add the res from what lvl fade you have ie what eva LW gives you, and up all ur other res, and then subtract whatever mephi coniv removes, this will give you your true res vs ubers
<insert the minus res from mephi here>
bout minus 150 i think

I switched my helm to andy's for the extra 20 ias and i dont need to use kiras cause my resists are 75-75-85-85. Wiz you seem to not like lw what weapon would you recommend.
Never hurts to stack extra res vs meph. That and if you find your resists being overshot you can always switch out resist gear/charms elsewhere for something else of use. But if andys works for you then it works for you.

Uh, its not really that I don't "like" LW, it's really a matter of what the application of the kicksin is. If your goal is to kill ubers and only to kill ubers, then look at the necessary goals of accomplishing this task:

Primary goal - kill ubers fast, this requires:
High % cb
High ar

Survival goal - since dying is obviously not an option:
stacked resists
lifetap (it can be done without lifetap but it really helps a lot)
75% block with SS
mindblast

In this case a faded LW setup works well, because it gives exactly what the kicksin needs, giving flexibility with other items (since LW + helm or LW + boots + gloves can take care of cb%) that non LW setups lack.

Killing ubers fast is really a matter of procing CB on them as much as possible, this means both high CB%, as well as high enough ar to get a successful ar roll on every unblocked attack. This is not to say a kicksin that is lacking in either of these two can't do trist, it's just saying it's going to take longer.

Personally I don't use LW on my kicksin, because I don't go after ubers often enough to warrant building my setup specifically for them, I don't mind it taking a bit longer to kill them.
My pvm kicksin (or trap/kicksin) uses Jah'd Stormlash/Eld'd SS as primary kicking setup, with switch being Jah'd Azurewrath/Spirit. Why?
Cause I can solo any place in hell on 8 players, as well as grush relatively fast.
Nothing beats the speed of static + cb with full screen corpse explosions for pvming fast. (that and 7k LS Azure/Spirit side)
I have a cta stashed but don't use it pvm because it's really not necessary, and I would rather have option of Stormlash or Azure for any situation pvm may throw at me.

LW kicksins can solo hell, but they can't come anywhere near the speed of a pvm kick/trap asn with Stormlash when it comes to clearing areas.

On the other hand it takes me a while to solo trist, Baal in particular. So if you're goal is to only trist with your kicksin, a LW setup will do the job faster than what I use.
Remember, kicksins are very customizable, build one catered towards what your goal is.

See, no hate on LW here.:wink3:
/endrant.

take base of -100 (ignoer anya quest cant be relied on)
Im going to disagree with you on that for PvM, Anya resists can be relied on, seeing as you shouldn't die in PvM, if you do, grab corpse for exp, rejoin game. Anyabug is really only an issue in PvP, where rejoining the game may be a problem, or you may die frequently. If you're dying enough in PvM to make Anya resists unreliable, it may be time to rethink your build or tactics.

You need 300 resists to have max (75) after hell penalty (-100) and Meph's conviction (-125).

Also, LW is a great weapon to wack the Ubers. Crush blow and lots of CTC spells including Life Tap. You may not want it's FADE though as your own maybe higher. The only think LW lacks for a kick sin is IAS.

I also like lawbringer to deal with the ubers minions. Most of them are undead and sancturary aura is great for them.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High