My pvp build.

Bash_

Jun 26, 2003
My pvp build.

Hello. :scratch:

Im rather noob when it comes to 1.1. I tried giving pvp a chance, but being a melee lover i felt like 1.1 really ruined it. Blocklocking and leech practically removed, alot of the joy had gone. Still, ive decided to give it a second chance. To get back items of equal quality that i had in 1.09. with the help of a great friend.. In other words, if i succeed in aquiring some wealth - Im back.

WHat will my char be? Well how dare you ask... its a fury wolf ofc. Just like old times eh?

(i dont currently have the items, but this is what im hoping to end up with)

Weapon: Rare phase 250+ed, 40ias, foolsmod, 2 sock, regen/4 sock 230+gris

Armor: Eth. Levi zod

Shield: Exile.

Helm: 2 sock crown of ages/Guilliams

Gloves: Draculs grasp.

Boots: Gores ofc.

Amu: Highlords ofc.

Belt: String.

Rings: Stats/LL, perhaps one dualleecher.

Charms: dmg/life, dmg/fhr

Prebuff: Demonlimb, call of arms(if they use it) fleshrender/lidless, 10 skillers.

This is my bid for a 1.1 build, but like i said, much has changed since i was active. Opinions?

Welcome back! :clap:
I'll get right to the point.

Damage reduction cap is at 50% in 1.10.
Exile is a runeword that can be used in paladin only shields. Thus a stormshield(35%dr, blocking, str etc) would probably be better.

For an armor a chains of honor(resists) or stone(fhr) runeword might be better.

If you use crown of ages you can switch string for trang oul's girth(cbf, life). If you use guillaume's face or Jalal's mane, verdungo's hearty(fhr, +vita) cord might be better.

For rings you might be better off with dual ravens.

Wait for other opinions though, I'm no expert at PvP.

rings: either go dual ravens or get the angelic rings/amulets
amor: chais of honor/enigma/stone
ss + 15% dr verdungoes + ed/str gualliames

lifeleech seriously doent do anything so dont bother with it

heart of the oak may be better than a fleshrender because you can prebuff spirits

FF:

Okay that sucks about exile... This is for melee only, so resist isnt needed except vs elemental dmging foes.

Tor:

My build evolves around melee, thus i need the DR on levi.

As for both: I was hoping for exile to help me do lifetap, but seeing that i cant, im left with 5% from draculs. That sucks.

Still, i know how little leech works, but with enough dmg/lower life im convinced it can be useable..

hi bash_ dont be worried about 5% life tap from dracs the speed of fury with a fast weapon ensures lifetap triggers quite often :drool:

Tor: Oh i get it. I was still calculating for using exile.. why arent ppl using dmg jewels anymore?

FoF: But this is for pvp...

You probably will need resists in melee duels since so many melee builds in 1.10 do elemental/poison damage:
Fireclaw bear, Rabies wolf, Holyshock paladin, Charged strike amazon, Phoenix strike assasin, Enchant sorceress etc.

Some duelers consider lifetap an unfair advantage, so you might want to have bloodfists or something in your stash.

ed/max jewels are bugged IIRC so that only one of the properties work on them. str/max and max/max jewels should work still.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention angelic's, good thing Tor didn't. If you use both rings you will probably have to use trang oul's girth for cbf or put a cham in your Jalal's/Guillaume's/Cerebu's.

I agree with the resists. I would need charms for that i suppose, and chains of honor... as for jewels, i guess a 4 sock 120 dmg armor would be considered? or 160ed/40str?

what would i need CBF for?

As far as I remember, holy freeze effects our fury speed.
unless you have a fool's sword I would advise you double angelics.
if you have fool's, go for highlord + 2 rings. for Physical melee, I would advise life rings here.

but again, I prefer 2h weapons unless who I duel is a wolf like me

electricblue said:
As far as I remember, holy freeze effects our fury speed.
unless you have a fool's sword I would advise you double angelics.
if you have fool's, go for highlord + 2 rings. for Physical melee, I would advise life rings here.

but again, I prefer 2h weapons unless who I duel is a wolf like me

It didnt in 1.09, and i doubt it has changed. i have plans on going fools yes.. but also, im gonna use HoW as well as demonlimb enchant. Im betting on 45k ar...

2 handed weapons vs zealot, or fireclaw bear? ;)

I think even 4 frame fury is affected when chilled, otherwise cbf wouldn't be neccesary. I know cbf doesn't affect cast rate so windy's etc with enigma don't need it.

If I were you I'd consider getting Jalal's for duels against lower life opponents(crushing blow not as effective) since it will up your life and ar with it's +2 druid, +2 to shapeshifting and increase resists and fhr.

Forcefeedback said:
I think even 4 frame fury is affected when chilled, otherwise cbf wouldn't be neccesary. I know cbf doesn't affect cast rate so windy's etc with enigma don't need it.

If I were you I'd consider getting Jalal's for duels against lower life opponents(crushing blow not as effective) since it will up your life and ar with it's +2 druid, +2 to shapeshifting and increase resists and fhr.

It didnt in 1.09, can nay1 confirm if this has changed??

As for jalal, i rather have 15% DS on my guilliams. is it the ed or the max dmg on jewels that doesnt work??

Dahmer said:
the max on the jewel works
but the ed isnt added along with the max

so in total u get the ed added to your minimum dmg & only the max on the jewel added to your maximum dmg

if it works its better than ed/str but since it doesnt even a plain ed jewel adds more dmg than ed/max so i'd go with ed/str

Found this and it seems like the enhanced damage doesn't work on max damage.

I'm 90% sure you need cbf with 4 frame attack rating, but I'll do a little search and see if I can come up with someone's confirmation on this.

Forcefeedback said:
Found this and it seems like the enhanced damage doesn't work on max damage.

I'm 90% sure you need cbf with 4 frame attack rating, but I'll do a little search and see if I can come up with someone's confirmation on this.

so ed/str or max/max would be a considerable alternative?

as for fury, yes i will need confirmation. Im a 102% sure it didnt in 1.09, but things change ;)

HF plus multiple sources of cold dmg used to slow your attack and presumably still does. How many sources, I don't know.

They changed how blocking works, so you can probably skip the shael in the storm shield. If you ber'd it, you could use another belt, like trangs, because of 8 dr in CoH.

Good luck. Zealots are much stronger than they used to be. I had more luck going 2-handed with kb. Also, I think fury now inherited the old zeal bug. It seems to miss alot. :scratch:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High