My Grail Quest Continues;

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
Hello PureDiablo Fam. <3

After a long thought process, I decided to come back while I finish my grail and to support this site as it's the best SP site there is. I farm with a multitide of heroes (well a sorc/zon) at the moment, I got rid of the things not allowed and plan to keep going the way it's intended here, I understand where you guys are at and love and respect this SP community.

In the past couple of days I found a second soj (Hell Andy this time, so I'll be getting a pally leveled up for ubers as clearly that's a win), I'm also finally at 3 key sets after grinding forever and found Tals armor. I've found a second Soj and Tals armor before I've found a Shako....

I did thousands upon thousands of AT/LK runs to get the runes for Infinity, ran in to a pile of luck once that happened, currently sitting at : 1x Cham, 1x Jah, 3x Mal, 3x Gul, 2x Ohm, 8x Pul, 1x Sur, 1x Um, 1x Vex & 1x Zod, I haven't upgraded any runes since I made Infinity and I also made CTA in a previous thread.

Zod I found in cows, Jah I found in Throne Room, One Ohm was Council @ Meph, The Other was a chest pop, most of the Pul were cows/Countess, I believe the Cham was Cows too but I got that so long ago I don't recall.

Basically once I got Infinity I grinded a Token of Absolution and did a reset to Lightning, that was a terrible decision, don't have the elite gear for lightning, so then I got my Zon to finish from LK and move on, used her to farm Throne for another Baal Essense so that I could reset my sorc AGAIN and this time after thinking it over a ton I went with FB/ES, I wanted to be able to do Keys and now that I had infinity I could use FB for a few other things. I find it's a really safe build, lots to improve on it yet but none the less.

So my current run is all P3 except ( ) -

Countess -> Andy -> Stony Tomb -> Arcane Sanc -> LK (Switch to P8) -> Meph -> Pindle -> Nith -> Icy Cellar -> Then I try to see what Mobs are in WSK 2/1 as it's an m85 area and I just want more kills, anything you guys think you'd change?

My current grail based on heroku is here : https://d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com/ggDispo

Here is my grail based on Item Name : Google Sheet

I have been picking up a lot of eth items, maybe I'll one day do that, currently I'm 113 away. Do you guys use a different app or spreadsheet you prefer maybe you'd like to share?

Edit : New D2 Holy Grail Spreadsheet - (change xx to tt) hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/comments/lv29e2/new_d2_holy_grail_spreadsheet/ I found this on reddit, definitely using it. I always forget which bases I'm looking for!

I wont be playing for a few hours but figured I'd sum it all up, was on diabloii for 10-15 years under a different name and been here but then had to leave due to a loot filter, then decided I'd rather just play and share.

I'll be posting my youtube (no videos as of yet, just for streaming) when I go live later today.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Check this thread from 2021 grail thread. As an old timer I'm still wed to Medieval_Mart. It is an Excel spreadsheet, list all the details of the items and you can create additional sheets to track whatever you want. I have one for my missing grail and another that list items by treasure class.

Check this thread from 2021 grail thread. As an old timer I'm still wed to Medieval_Mart. It is an Excel spreadsheet, list all the details of the items and you can create additional sheets to track whatever you want. I have one for my missing grail and another that list items by treasure class.

I took a look at the thread and did a google search for Medieval_Mart spreadsheet, tried a few alternate wordings but I couldn't seem to come up with anything.

Did some farming today, got called to work so I'll be gone for two weeks but when I get back the grind continues. :) On a plus note, I got :

Spellsteel, Aldurs Helm & Vampgaze for my grail, plus there's a couple of extras too, useless nagel and a rare ring I attatched that I may use for my Bowazon, I've decided that 1 of 2 options is next, seeing as I have the runes for Faith and I have Atmas, if I find a +3 GMB w/ the right sockets, I'm going to make a bowazon, if I find the Ber first I'm going to make Enigma and go that route. Just depends on the destination.

Screenshot025.png

Screenshot026.png

Screenshot027.png

Screenshot028.png

Screenshot030.png

Screenshot031.png

Decided to hop on a few more runs before I pack, I'd say it was worth it!

But before that.... Curious...

I was using Occy, I hated that it randomly teleported me, now I'm using Eschutas.... I've been wondering all day if I should make Hoto to replace Eschutas, I only have 1 Vex, eventually I'd love to have all the Runewords complete but is there anyhting you think I'd want to use Vex for other than Hoto just in "general"

Anyways....

Found my first Eth 0 Sock armor in a long time, had great success with it, sucks that E-Bug is no longer in the game because it only changed my mercs def roughly ~300 but definitely better than nothing!

Found a 13/ Lightning Ormus

A Set Amu (Not Tals, found 4 set amus today)

4OS Great Bow, I think it will make a great leveling weapon if I don't want to respec my java again.

And we found another grail item!

Screenshot007.png

Screenshot002.png

Screenshot003.png

I can't see any runeword using a Vex that would be as useful as Hoto in general. The combo skills/fcr/res is just so good and can be re-used at will by almost every class
Unless you have a specific use in mind, I'd say go for Hoto :)

Check the runeword calculator. There are 8 runewords that contain Vex and you could make a number of them. Since you have a Zod, Breath of the Dying is one possibility. Though in terms of oveerall useability I agree with Gregth that Hoto is a good one.

Managed to get a few more runs in the other day and today I got two more in, had a detour home, now I'll be gone for another 13 days.

I managed to find another Pul @ LK & made hoto as recommended, my thought was Vex is easy to find comparatively to Zod to I'm fine using it in Hoto which can be used across the board while I do all this and on top of it all I needed the res anyways, my poison res is now 40 instead of 0 and I can already see the insane difference.

Screenshot001.png

Screenshot002.png

Reactions: SirName
Going live again, found another grail earlier, will post tomorrow! Down to 108 :D

@Yori96 IIRC Ive had only 2x HoTO in my D2 career, and they were both on the (extremely) low end when it came to the +all res. So I definitely feel like kicking you in the shins a little bit right now 🤣

@Steven Q. Urkel

Well, good thing I have iron clad shins. :D I'm currently going live again! See if we can't find some more stuff. :D Leveling my hammerdin at the moment.

So I've been farming non-stop for the last bit, I've found like 5 set amulets, no tals :( Found a few other things, plus a grail item as well! Leveled my Hammerdonk a bunch, now I'm in a position where I'm not sure what I want to do... I'm just hitting act 3, I'm going to push to Act 5, I think I'll build his stuff and swap to smiter to do Uber D + I have 6 keysets now.... Then I think I need to farm a Ber rune.... I have Jah and a Sur, I'd like to build out my bowazon (switch from javazon) but it's going to take me some time, I want to use the bowa to just farm different areas when I don't want to use my sorc, not sure if it's the right play but we're going to give it a go. :D Below are some finds from the last two days.

Screenshot003.png

Screenshot004.png

Screenshot008.png

Screenshot011.png

Screenshot013.png

Screenshot014.png

Going live for 30 min or so again, cruising through a full run or two.

Going to re-add the i85 areas to my run, want to find a +3 skill GMB / Mat bow, just wondering which is better?

Going live for a bit again, doing some cows in the mix too, looking for +3 GMB. :D

What a good day, down to 101 for grail! Can be found here!

Did probably 4-5 hours of farming with my sorc, had no success with her finding anything interesting (can't complain, did find a few grail items today) but got bored, so decided to finish pushing my pally to Act 5 so I can do Ubers and get my anni, luckily I have all the stuff I need to make him viable for ubers!

Going to set him up as follows ;

Black Flail
Smoke Scarab
G'Face
Dracs
Highlords
Goblin Toe
T-Gods
Dwarf Star + Raven frost
+ A bunch of life SC's and I'll swap my CTA from my sorc over just to make it somewhat easier. I don't have Grief, I do have a Lo but I don't know if it's worth using it to make a grief just for ubers/diablo, not going to be farming with this guy....

I need to find another character to level to farm pits or somewhere with, not having any luck with +3 Bow 4OS GMB at all....

I'll be doing Anni + Ubers tonight, I'll post just before I go live.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any feedback on my stream (if you've watched), like should I put my face up (cam)? Should I talk more? D2 is pretty straight forward so I'm not sure. Should I put current grail total up? What would you guys recommend?

As follows, here's the Screens for today too!

I also found : 1 MA GC, a bunch of Unique rings, Set Amulets but no grails there, 1 Barb Comb GC,

Screenshot002.png

Screenshot003.pngScreenshot004.png

Screenshot005.pngScreenshot006.png
Screenshot011.png
Screenshot015.png
Screenshot017.png

We are going live again! Going to be pushing to baal with my hammerdin so that I can do some baal runs until I hit level 76 for dracs and then swap to smiter to do D Clone / Ubers!

Letsa go!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High