Movies Thread

Are there any good Sci-fi movies out there that aren't part of a universe i.e Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel etc.?

Bonus points if its on Amazon prime or netflix
I'll take a stab at making a recommendation but as Glurin pointed out, your request is more vague than you may realize.

The Vast of Night is one of the most thoroughly engaging films I've watched in the past few years. I've not much to say as it's best to go in blind. It's on Amazon Prime. Here's the trailer. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

There's yet another Dune movie coming up... yes, old news, but as not as old as me. From what I've seen, it looks quite promising, although not overwhelmingly grand. There's that hot chick, but we already had that in Star Wars episode 1-3 and 7-9, didn't we?

makes "this is not sexist" hand move

There's yet another Dune movie coming up... yes, old news, but as not as old as me. From what I've seen, it looks quite promising, although not overwhelmingly grand. There's that hot chick, but we already had that in Star Wars episode 1-3 and 7-9, didn't we?

makes "this is not sexist" hand move

Have you seen David Lynch's Dune? Is it worth watching?

Have you seen David Lynch's Dune? Is it worth watching?
Have I seen it?

Yes, I have.

Is it worth watching?

I'm gonna go with yes.

Is it good?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I agree to Glurin. I've seen it. It's worth watching. In general, I liked it, but it has a few awkward moments. My rating: 6 out of 10.

Got really bored the other day and on a whim decided to watch Season of the Witch. (Yeah, I was that bored. :p )

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't great. But the reviews had me thinking it would be near Uwe Boll level bad. It's actually much better than that, which admittedly is a lot like saying it was better than shoving dog crap in your eye sockets. Point is it wasn't as bad as the reviews led me to believe.

I went and saw Ghostbusters Afterlife last week, its a good movie. Worth seeing in the theater, and it carries on the story and feel of the first movie pretty well.

I went and saw Ghostbusters Afterlife last week, its a good movie. Worth seeing in the theater, and it carries on the story and feel of the first movie pretty well.
Still worth seeing on the small screen? With small kids, pandemics and whatnot, I find it hard to make the time to get out to the theatre these days.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High