Mini-MFO XIII (The Third Rune Hunt, no LK) [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Aug 20, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mini-MFO XIII (The Third Rune Hunt, no LK)

Short, short version of rules:
Find runes, keep the goods! This weekend!

The rules:

1- Start whenever you want and end 60 hours later (2 1/2 days).
Examples:
Start 8:00 AM Thursday, End 8:00 PM Saturday
Start Noon Friday, End Midnight Sunday
Start 7:59 PM Monday, End 7:59 AM Wednesday
Start 19:59 Monday, End 7:59 Wednesday

NOTE: The deadline for submitting the results by midnight (23:59) Monday the 27th GMT is very firm so you should start no later than Saturday the 25th

2- No subscription fee! The winner will add to the Mini-MFO trophey case. I'm planning a fancier webbased trophey case in the near future.

3- This is a general rune hunt. The only restriction are quest drops (only hellforge and Ral-Ort-Tal from Act V) and Lower Kurast.

4- Do Not post your findings prior to the ending.

5- When it is over, send to jjscud at yahoo.com the following:

- Your forum name. (PLEASE!!)
- Character info (class, build, level).
- ATMA readings of thy 3 highest runes. Similar to the the proposed trading rules, screenshot anything Ist and higher while its still on the ground. (Hit print screen while holding alt)
- Total points, added properly as explained below.

5.1- Results MUST be sent by midnight Monday the 27th GMT.

6- The competitor who gets the highest score wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item). Scores are determined by the top three scores.

6.1- If a tie occurs, top rune wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if you prefer.

8- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

9. Scoring:

El 1
Eld 2
Tir 3
Nef 4
Eth 5
Ith 6
Tal 7
Ral 8
Ort 9
Thul 10
Amn 11
Sol 12
Shael 13
Dol 14
Hel 15
Io 16
Lum 17
Ko 18
Fal 19
Lem 20
Pul 21
Um 22
Mal 23
Ist 24
Gul 25
Vex 26
Ohm 27
Lo 28
Sur 29
Ber 30
Jah 31
Cham 32
Zod 33

10. Remeber that this is just for fun. If you are a but unsure of your rune hunting prowess, feel free to enter, do whatever runs (or full clears for once) you would normally do (pindle, meph etc...) and just keep track of the runes.

Here's a link to the last rune hunt if you want an idea of how it went.

Mini-MFO Trophey Case

From Tweety's amazing win in the Any Target Hunt

*Missing*

From Tweety's amazing win in the Chaos Sanctuary

Fortuna's Corpsemourn
Ornate Plate
Defense: 1172
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 170
Required Level: 55
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xb5d3009a
+8 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+160% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +35%
Adds 12-36 fire damage
6% Chance to cast Level 2 Iron Maiden when struck
Level 5 Corpse Explosion (40/40 Charges)

From Hrus's win in the second Rune Hunt

Nicholaa's Rune Master
Ettin Axe
'ElElElElEl'
One-Hand Damage: 172 to 349
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x46d89dcb
+253% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5 to Light Radius
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

From tweety's in the Anti-Pindlthon

nathalie's Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 150
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xdce55620
+203% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
40% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Undead

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Socketed (3: 0 used)

From Steven Q Urkel's win in the First Rune Hunt

Frosted_Flakes' Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 244
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x97ac6495
+270% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (5: 0 used)

From ~DarkChaos~ in the Baal Mini-MFO

DarkChaos' Isenhart's Case
Breast Plate
Defense: 106
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 8
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x9b509ed4
+40 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

From Tracul's win in the Cow hunt

Daffy's Cow King's Horns
War Hat
Defense: 122
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x7536e57c
+75 Defense
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration

From shleefin's win in the Hell SoJ hunt

Scintillating Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x4e12151c
All Resistances +15
Requirements -15%

From jrlafrance win in the NM SoJ hunt

Lowest_Levelist's Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 97 to 128
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xd632ed85
+182% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on attack

From Wicket's win in the Anti-Pits

WICKET's Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 136 to 158
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd45c19ff
+268% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +62 Damage
160% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I've never entered an MFO because I don't like mfing anymore, but this seems really cool. Since I find tons of els, this is perfect. Am I correct in thinking the countess is runnable? I won't win, but want to compete.
Does this count runes that you have cubed up to, or only runes dropped? (low probability that I'll do this, but I might as well check anyways)
It seems the Countess is allowed- she wasn't last time so perhaps this time she is fair game!
I don't believe cubing was allowed last time. That, though, doesn't necessarily say anything about its current legality.

I'm tempted to give this a shot, if only to provide cellar padding for the other players, but I don't know if I'll have the time.
Count me in. She lacks Fortitude, but my WFzon has been asking for an excuse to be let out of the house.
I'll try it, but I don't do much questing anymore so I will, if anything, give others a boost in the standings.
Just signed up and I'm in. I have a level 89 Hammerdin with pretty bad gear so I'll run arcane and hephasto. I will probably start tomorrow.
I'm in aswell, running cows with my java. Me and my brother(above) have been waiting forever to compete in one of these!
I'm signing up. Just to play a serious game before school starts. I'll run the countess with my nova sorc.
Bring it on :) Not saying where I'll be running, top-secret :p
I'll be up for this, I think I will run AT, I don't expect many runes but maybe I'll find something nice anyway :laugh:. I'll have to think about when to start though.

Joosh
I'm certainly in.

As a big fan of Countess running I'm going to run Countess with CL/FO sorc and beside this also tunnels with blizzy. I will probably start in two or three hours from now.
Well, I need runes so I'm in ...

Cows it is, haven't played with LF in a while ... is it better to hunt for runes @ cows at p8/p3/p1 what?
Well, i've been pummeling hell travincal council lately, i might just try my luck there. count me in.
I guess I'm in. Area's picked by random.
I was going to start run AT anyway with my blizzsorc so I'll participate. Extra runes are always nice. :rolleyes:
I'll start later today.
Seems very odd that finding 2 Lems will put me ahead of a person who found Zod. Or do I miss something?
The person who finds a Zod is likely to find a couple of lower runes as well:wink3:

Count me in, I'll be running AT and Countess(starting on friday).
I'm in for this one, I bailed out of the CS mini mfo last time, i'm determined to see this one through.

The finder of a zod would not necessarily win. I like it :p

Not at home, so can't enter though :(
I think I'm in. Will probably run Heph and maybe travincal.
I'm in, I will be running the countess with my CL sorc
What the hell, I'm in. I have no idea what I will run yet, possibly Flayer Jungle with a strafer. I'll be starting Friday night.
Too bad I had to hide my D2 CD from myself in order to get myself doing schoolwork... I would have loved to participate. Now I'm just too busy.
Just a couple quick clarifications, yes, countess is fair game. I think she is the most solid target but beatable. Who knows really, we'll see.

Also, no cubing, all runes must be found. I will make my same basic offer as the last two rune hunts. I'll offer a Stormlash (RRM/RWM) to anyone who can beat the winner by cubing runes they found (only the highest cubed rune score). Noone's claimed this yet but with countess opened up, there is a possibility.

I'm also in, not sure where I'll be running.
Then it looks like my Meteorber will be paying the Countess a visit.

Hooray for cubed runes!
silospen said:
The finder of a zod would not necessarily win. I like it :p

Not at home, so can't enter though :(
Anyone finding a zod most likely would have to run 50-60 hours straight, meaning they would probably end up with a few other decent runes too.
I'm collecting wirts legs and putting them on mules right now so I dont have to bother running to trist. Will start in about an hour.
:censored:, :censored:, :censored:, I'm going away this weekend and will miss this.

Happy hunting everyone
MrAkon said:
Anyone finding a zod most likely would have to run 50-60 hours straight, meaning they would probably end up with a few other decent runes too.
I'm collecting wirts legs and putting them on mules right now so I dont have to bother running to trist. Will start in about an hour.
All "work" needs to be done during the tourney. No pre-collecting legs.
Oh, That fine I won't use them then. I guess I'll start now then.
I'll stop at 7:00 A.M. August 24th.
Did I read right, and that all runes are counted toward your total? IIRC, last time it was top 3 runes? Has that part of the game changed?

I'm in BTW. :cool:
No, you didn't read that right.
Once again, thanks for all your help Corr! :rolleyes: I went back and re-read it.
pancakeman said:
Then it looks like my Meteorber will be paying the Countess a visit.
The countess is always CI/FI. You better have a really good merc.

If I have the time, I'll be running the flat branch of the AS with a javazon.
Ohhh, I read it the same as jrla did at first. I thought it odd why people would cube when I thought every rune you found counted. Since I already signed up I'll keep an eye out for zods during the 5 or so hours I'll be playing during the time limit. :laugh:
I'm in! I have yet to decide if I really want to win the tourney (therefore run Countess) or hunt for high runes (moo moo farm / arcane sanctuary).
Countess is overrated! I vote high-rune hunting.
Nice to see you around salvo by the way :badteeth:
I'll give it a try and start tonight. Did very badly last rune hunt hope this one goes better.
Thanks :) Have any idea where a pure light sorc should farm runes but the countess and arcane sanc.? My D2 memory is very rusty I'm affraid

salvo said:
Thanks :) Have any idea where a pure light sorc should farm runes but the countess and arcane sanc.? My D2 memory is very rusty I'm affraid
Well, Denton proved that even without infinity a light sorc can match if not beat a javazon in cow-running.
Wow... that's crazy lucky!
What I hate from MooMooFarm is the items spam, I don't like picking around the hill loots. Lower /player X can solve the problem but with lower drop chance unfortunately. Thank for the advice.
Heck I might aswell join this, going to be running Hell Andy and Meph...this should be interesting :rolleyes:
I'm rebuilding my horker. Poor council...
Count me in, 8pm Thursday (i.e today) until 8 am Saturday. This period includes my birthday and a gaming session, so I'm just registering whatever drps on my play through Hell.

Dragonlover
AJK said:
I'm rebuilding my horker. Poor council...
Let me know how that goes so I can compare with my own :badteeth:
The largest pile I've horked yet is ~56k but I don't spend 5 mins a run 😁
I'm starting now, not sure how much time excactly do I have to play, becasue I'm already getting busy with preparing for the start of school. Good luck everyone.
Well I'm going to start this Thursday 11:59 AM +9:30 GMT (Adelaide), so that gives me 4 minutes to get ready 😁. Good Luck everyone
Ok, I'm starting now. Wednesday 21:10 Pacific time (US). Running AS with a javazon. Hopefully, I'll get a few decent runes *fingers crossed* Did a few test runs yesterday and found a Ko :)

Edit: Just realised that I won't be able to get any playing time tomorrow :sad2: I don't want to spend the weekend on this, so I'm dropping out
I also have started, have it written somewhere at home, and should end by friday or saturday morning IIRC

Running cows with LFzon :rolleyes: 😁

gl to all
Quick Question - Can we run with multiple characters, or is it strictly one character / area per person allowed to enter?
I've pat'ed my new horker (gogo MP!), and will start friday afternoon.
My test runs already gave me two wolfhowls and a 5/5 fire die facet.

Current statistics, /P5 Hell Council runs.
- avg gold haul per run: 350k$ (previous horker: ~500k$ per run)
- avg run time: 2'10" (previous horker: 2'50" per run)
- Highest roon found: Sol (doesn't count of course, I haven't started yet).
That's nice and all but I don't see a pat thread! what, you think we all can think on our own and make a good char :rolleyes: sheesh

:hide:

no really, why is he better than the old one?

edit: hijacked
thanks ajk :wink3:
I didn't think this char is interesting enough for a Pat thread.
It's basically twink, twink, twink, grief, forti, GF charms. Done.

He's a better version of my old horker because I built him from the ground up knowing in advance that he would end up with a pair of phase blades. My previous frenzier was my first attempt at a barb, and I messed up more than a few skill/stat points as a result. The biggest improvement over my old one is the average run time. That shows that redesigning him around dual sword use has paid off. No excess points in dex too this time.

I'm puzzled by his lacklustre gold farming performance in comparison to my previous one, but I can only compare them fairly if my new one reaches lvl. 90 too.
[/hijack]
maxicek said:
Quick Question - Can we run with multiple characters, or is it strictly one character / area per person allowed to enter?
Multiple chars and areas are certainly allowed.
All right - my AT runs are complete. I'll send the results tomorrow. Not much luck with runes but I had two breathtaking moments with unique drops - clicky :shocked: I'll post more on IFT...
I'm in. I'll be running from after work Friday til bedtime Sunday, except for the times when I'm not playing Diablo, of which there will be many.

Dahlia, my FO/CL will be running the countess. I need some more ral's anyways.

-CG

edit: doing some test runs, looks like my average time is about 0:48. meh.
I'll throw my hat in as well. Hopefully I'll get the motivation to get some runs done and show Corrupted that AS is indeed garbage.
Hrm...wonder how quick I can get my light sorc from normal baal to hell countess..let's find out!
I need some runes so I'll join in.

I'll give it a kick. Probably going to do Cows or Travincial with a random character.
Didn't get any time to play. Going to have to drop out of this one.
Will start my runs later today.
Results sent 👍.

As usual I disclosed that my great expectation and reality are two really different things 😁.

GL to all participants.
Im in ,starting soon.
Result's sent. Hopefully other participants had better luck with runes than me. 👍
Starting 7 minutes from this post.
Got my ghetto light sorc crescent moon and 105 fcr, so starting now :D
Started runs at 1:30 UK time, about 3 mins ago.
Starting my runs now, meaning a 2.30am finish on Sunday, UK time.
Staring runs now....Good luck everyone!
Starting runs now, at 10:30 AM Friday, finishing at 10:30 PM Sunday. 😁

Poor, poor cows.
well, i wont have much time, but hey, i feel like frying cows.

starting now, finishing later!
Me and my brother both finished last night, sending results now.
I have pretty bad luck rune wise, but I did snag a bunch of vita sc's and this little beauty:
Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x3c13b90
+36 to Life
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

GL to everyone starting! 👍
Starting my runs now. I hope the runner won't die due to the archers' packs down in the tower:tongue:
Probably a dumb question but if I find say 3x ist 1x mal 1x um, are my top 3 runes ist ist ist or ist mal um?
Ist Ist Ist
starting runs now. I will run everywhere with different characters. I will start runing to countess with my Lsorceress. 👍
Results sent, good luck for the rest of you 👍
Final Competitor List
--------------------

aitrus
allenive
aman
Arfurala
Callador
Colorless Green
Corrupted
DarkChaos
Dragonlover
Eric Xanthu
herobomberman
Heskla
Jaedhann
jjscud
Joosh
jrlafrance
Kecin
Klæmint Vágadal
krovak
maxicek
MrAkon
Naab
nepeta
Ohomemgrande
omgwtfbbqpwned
pancakeman
Phosheez
salvo
Schmaleop
sequana
skoolbus
TheyCallMePro
Yaotzin

Good luck everyone and please get your results in quickly when you're done.

I'm stopping here, and I'm probably not going to run the countess in the next couple of weeks. Results will be sent as soon as I finish counting the runes.

And I wonder if anyone has a calculator or something like that which can help me to figure out what will I get after cubing up everything I find.
Thanks krovak, I thought it was only used for generating trade lists. I'll give it a try.
I have to resign due to alot of work and weekend activities.
I have finished as of 5 minutes ago. Will send the details tomorrow, didn't expect much didn't get much for the MFO, but I did find some other nice stuff which i'll post readouts of in the IFT tomorrow. Keep a lookout.

Joosh 👍
Sent my results. Nothing major, but then it was my birthday yesterday so I barely got to play.

Dragonlover
Results sent, nothing great but I only ended up running for 24 hours of my total 60. :sad2:

Next time, I'll get more in. Also I knew from the start that I had no chance against the countess runners :laugh:.

However I'll bet the countess runners didn't find these 😉

Joosh 👍
A quick question:
When you say do not post findings until the end, do you mean rune finds? Or can we post the itamz we find that do not count towards the tourney?
pancakeman said:
A quick question:
When you say do not post findings until the end, do you mean rune finds? Or can we post the itamz we find that do not count towards the tourney?
As always you can post non-qualifying finds anytime. In this case any non-rune find.

Joosh said:
Next time, I'll get more in. Also I knew from the start that I had no chance against the countess runners

I think all non-Countess runners have a chance against the Countess runners, just not a very good one. Of course added up, I still think a non-countess runner will win, but we'll see.
I'm done; results sent. My best non-rune finds were a Fine Small Charm of Vita and a Raven Frost ring.
I'm done and submitted.
Results sent,for the amount of runs i did i can't complain...😃
Results sent. Did 500 countess runs, the results could be both better and worse, so I'm not complaining. In the remaining time I also did some /p3 AT runs, but in accord with my expectations I did not improve my score at all:tongue:

So finally I have the runes to make some more runewords.. I mean.. malice, steel etc:wink3:

Edit: Btw the runner did pretty well. I've improved the sorc's gear a little bit, adding 2 Sols into a helm and armor, raising total DR from 25 to 39. With energy shield, she could stand in the middle of a (non-mana burn) monsters' pack and suffer only negligible damage. Well, I did not try that with extra-strong, might enchanted bosspacks.
Results sent
Results sent.

I dare anyone to take my bottom place result from me. *dares*
Killing only a handful of creatures each minute does not many runes produce.

Luckily, the council was kinder regarding gold and loot:
- Atma's Scarab
- 199% ED Butcher's Pupil
- Captain's Skiller
- 9% fire res/19 life SC
- 140/40/13 Gheed's
- Shivering SC of the Glacier

Some gold was used to gamble Tal's ammy and this:
Dread Knot
Ring
Required Level: 47
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0xa85b5b48
+13 to Strength
+10 to Mana
Lightning Resist +24%
Poison Resist +6%
6% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit

Good ring, I say.
My time's up. It appears that the game wasn't paying attention when I talked about currency. I got ****loads of charms.
AJK said:
I dare anyone to take my bottom place result from me. *dares*
Hah! You don't stand a chance! Nice ring btw.
Results sent in. Thanks for organizing this jjscud!
I ran travi too with my zealot, didn't really do great with the old runes but I got to level to 90 and a few nice items. Mentionable ones:

Arcing SC of Inertia,
Burning GC of Quality,
Fine SC of Inertia,
Mentalist's GC of Inertia,
-4/5 Poison facet,
176/20 Ravenfrost,
Shogukusha's GC,
2* SC's of vita (20),
Handful of pgems and assorted rare jewellery.

Unfortunately I did fewer runs than desired due to great weekend weather and my sister's 21st birthday also interfered. Well done to all and thanks to Jjscud for hosting. Results submitted.
Finished last night, results sent. I'll be interested to see how other peoples luck went. I ended up doing 200 countess runs, 200 ATs and some WSK, pit and Trav runs. But the results were not great, even the countess was being mean. Found a few decent items though, mainly socketables.

Ok, most of the results are in but I'm still missing a few. If you're on this list, please email or PM me with your results:

Colorless Green
DarkChaos
Eric Xanthu
herobomberman
Heskla
Kecin
Klæmint Vágadal
pancakeman
Phosheez
salvo
skoolbus
TheyCallMePro
I wouldn't be expecting an email from KV, it seems he didn't join in the end? I could be wrong though.

Joosh
I also wont have enough time with moving and school going on. Sorry.
EDIT: I was about to give up and send the crap I found, but after reading the rulez it seems that since I started Saturday nite I have until tonite to submit the results.

Therefore, expect an e-mail later tonight.

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Ok, here they are. Thanks all for playing and taking a taste of the old days, before LK and Hellforge rushing were popular. It looks like I was wrong and Countess won out, at least scorewise (jrlafrance and myself may argue about who the real winners were :wink3: ).

Congrat's Yaotzin, I now need a trophy from you for the Mini-MFO trophy case. It can be any item, junk or rare, preferably personalized. Also contrats to Krovak for a tying score (Yaotzin win's by tiebreaker from his top rune).

Yaotzin
Ist - 24
Pul - 21
Lem - 20
Total - 65

krovak
Mal - 23
Mal - 23
Fal - 19
Total - 65

Arfurala
Um - 22
Pul - 21
Pul - 21
Total - 64

Corrupted
Gul - 25
Fal - 19
Lum - 17
Total points: 61

Naab
Gul - 25
Fal - 19
Io - 16
total - 60

Ohomemgrande
Lem - 20
Lem - 20
Ko - 18
Total - 58

jrlafrance
Ohm - 27
Lum - 17
Shael - 14
Total - 57

aitrus
Um - 22
Um - 22
Amn - 11
Total - 55

Kecin
Pul - 21
Lem - 20
Dol - 14
Total - 55

sequana
Fal - 19
Ko - 18
Ko - 18
Total - 55

maxicek
Ko - 18
Ko - 18
Lum - 17
Total - 53

Aman
Lem - 20
Io - 16
Io - 16
Total - 52

jjscud
Ohm - 27
Shael - 13
Amn - 11
Total - 51

jaedhann
Fal - 19
Lum - 17
Dol - 14
Total - 50

omgwtfbbqpwned
Dol - 14
Io - 16
Io - 16
Total - 46

AJK
Io - 16
Hel - 15
Hel - 15
Total - 46

Callador
Io - 16
Hel - 15
Dol - 14
Total - 45

allenive
Hel - 15
Hel - 15
Hel - 15
Total - 45

Joosh
Io - 16
Hel - 15
Shael - 13
Total - 44

MrAkon
Io - 16
Lum - 17
Thul - 10
Total - 43

Schmaleop
Dol - 14
Dol - 14
Dol - 14
Total - 42

nepeta
Dol - 14
Sol - 12
Ral - 8
Total - 34

Dragonlover
Tal - 7
Ral - 8
Ort - 9
Total - 24

So, discuss, congratulate and while your at it, suggest some area's for the next mini-mfo.

Thanks for playing. 👍

I'm assuming from that comment that everyone else ran Countess? I hope noone hates me, but I only did about 15-20 cow runs, and even less Countess runs. IMO, based on these results, COWS RULE!!!

Congrats to Yaotzin on the win!
I would've run cows too but my light sorc was in normal, and I didn't have time/patience to get to hell baal ;)

At least I got tons of crafting/spirit/insight etc runes:)

*goes to do anya quest so he doesn't lose nice LK map*
Congrats Yaotzin and krovak.

I got one entry rune from Countess, one from Shenk, and one somewhere in the Catacombs.

I ran Cows most of the time (the majority of my runs were Cows - I did one Andy and one Shenk only, and less than 10 Countess). Irony? 😁
Well running only AT and only managing a meagre 380 or so runs I didn't expect many runes. The items were nice though

Grats to Yaotzin and Krovak, and a big grats to Jrlafrance and jjscud on the Ohm's.

Also thanks again for organising this one jjscud.

I'm keen for an item find MFO 😉. And I suggest plain chest (that being... not superchests) running for the next rune hunt :laugh:.

Joosh 👍
Congratz on the wins, Yaotz, and great job everybody!!

Sorry about not submitting my results, jj. My own computer has given up on me, and I lost all internet access at one point.

An Ohm in 15-20 runs!?
I call haxx.

:laugh:
Congratulations all, especially jjscud and jrlafrance for the Ohm runes.
er, i thought we had til midnight tonight to send results? er, was that gmt? ah well, I did awful anyway
Well it was fun anyways! Congrats to jjscud and jrlafrance for those Ohms! Also to Yaotzin for the win 👍
jrlafrance said:
I'm assuming from that comment that everyone else ran Countess?
No, there were lots of other cow runners (corrupted and Naab were close and ran cows), quite a few spending a good bit of time in AT and some other things. BUT, I saw the screenshots from Krovak's Mals and Yaotzin's Ist and they were all countess finds.

Personally, I tried all over the place, Flayer Jungle, Combined Upper Kurast and Kurast Bazar, Arcane Sanctuary, Cows, pits, and Pindle. The Ohm came from the Tamone Highland.
I did my best to beat the Countess runners. 28 hours of cows and 5 hours in the Arcane sanctuary and I did find quite a lot, just not in terms of runes :badteeth:

Congratulations to Yaotzin!

I was hoping to see some higher runes here and a good result from salvo showing me the ways of the Arcane. I've done some 15-20ish hours there in the past week with an Um and two Puls to show for it and lost faith in it during the Mini-MFO.
Wow, I did not expect to find myself so high in the listing!

Congrats everybody on the finds and especially the true winners on their Ohms:wink3:

Here are the screenshots of my mals: Mal 1, Mal 2

and total numbers of runes(I was only picking up Nef and Tal+):

Code:
Mal...   2
Fal...   2
Ko....   4
Lum...   2
Io....   2
Hel...   9
Dol...   9
Shael.   8
Sol...  19
Amn...  16
Thul..  26
Ort...  46
Ral...  41
Tal...  71
Ith...  43
Eth...  90
Nef...  53
Tir... 111
Eld... 142
El.... 200

Thanks jjscud for organizing this Mini-MFO!👋
Congrats to Yaotzin for the win and too all others 👍

jrlafrance said:
I'm assuming from that comment that everyone else ran Countess? I hope noone hates me, but I only did about 15-20 cow runs, and even less Countess runs. IMO, based on these results, COWS RULE!!!

Agree! I ran cows also - just cows - though I think I managed to get even lower number of runs than you :unimpressed:

Thanks jjscud for organizing this and looking forward for the next one :wink3:
Congratulations to Yaotzin for the win, well done to everyone who took part.

jjscud said:
maxicek
Ko - 18
Ko - 18
Lum - 17
Total - 53

jjscud
Ohm - 27
Shael - 13
Amn - 11
Total - 51

I must say I find the scoring a bit strange when you can find an Ohm and I come ahead in the points with 2xKo. But I'll swap my finds for yours if you want 😁

Thanks for organising the tourney jjscud. If nothing else it has reinforced to me again just how rare runes are. Now I must find a Griffons and build a cow killer before the next one.

Edit:
No that I found anything great, but for the record I ended up doing:
200 Countess runs with Light/FO sorc (Ko, Lum)
200 Pindle and 200 Ancient Tunnels with Blizzsorc (Shael best rune)
About 20 Pit runs (Ko) with my strafer.
A few Trav runs with my Hammerdin (Io)
About 10 WSK runs with my fishyzon (Shael) and a few Cow runs (Dol), but with no -light res gear I gave up as it was taking too long to kill a MooMoo.

Other finds:
A 1os Tomb Reaver, a couple of skillers, Sazabi's Balrog Skin and a few nice socketables, including 2x ethereal beserker axe, ethereal Balrog Blade & and ethereal thresher. I was abit disappointed with my finds as a whole though.
Congrats all and wow those Ohms are impressive 👍.

Thanks jjscud for organising another wonderful mini-MFO!

My runes are from Countess, I was running also AT quite a lot, but my highest rune there was something like Tal.

edit: some suggestions for next hunting:
1) Hunting only set items anywhere
2) Running Mausoleum/Crypt, hunting EU/elite set items
3) or heh running hell Duriel, I'd be in, but doubt if others like it 😁
Huzzah! I came screaming in at dead last! Things can only improve from here.

As for the next one, how about a group of items around some kind of theme, or is that more appropriate to the scavenger hunts I've seen mentioned?

Dragonlover

What? No Bers? Oh wait, no LK this time.

Still, some nice runes on display here. I knew I had no chance killing only a few monsters per minute, but I'm still surprised how far from the bottom place I ended up. Gogo logarithmic scores.

Thanks for supervising another one, jjscud! It's always nice to see how well different approaches pay off in the end. For raw scores, the countess rules, but the real power lies where lots of critters hug the dirt.

Next time: A85, no Pit and no AT? Or has that been done already?
Congrats to the winners and the new owners of an Ohm.

I pretty much expected my position. I wanted to really give the Council a bashing. I realised that if I was going to place high i'd need a high number of runs and lots of luck, unfortunately I had neither.

I totalled 277 runs, 230ish were done on Friday, Saturday the weather was way too good to be stuck indoors and Sunday was just a very busy day so i never really put the number of runs together I hoped for.

Still, i'm happy I entered and look to improve next time.
Well done to everyone and thanks, again, for hosting jjscud 👍
Congratz to the winner and thanks for supervising Jjscud.

Here's the gul screenshot

Non qualifiers: sparking of sustenance 31,serpents sc of inertia 17,arcing sc of gl 1-42/7%
Speaking of screenshots, here's my Ohm.
Here is my Ohm, also my first Ohm self-found! 😁

Runs were slow, but easy.
Sorry I didn't send my result, some RL probs. Anyway I ran Arcane Sanctuary with my Lite Sorc for many hours but result is lame tho I've done my best. Here they are:

El 6
Eld 10
Tir 8
Nef 4
Eth 5
Ith 5
Tal 5
Ral 2
Ort 1
Thul 6
Amn 5
Sol 4
Shael 1
Dol 2
Hel 1
Io 1

Congratulation to the winners and thank JJ for organizing the MFO.

May your drops be green and gold

-sal

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High