Mini-MFO XII (Any Target!) [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on June 18, 2007
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mini-MFO XII (Any Target!)

Short, short version of rules:
Short item hunt anywhere you like! This weekend!

Intro:
I've enjoyed hunting in less popular areas but after a few recent harsh (on most) mini-mfo targets, I wanted something simpler but couldn't decide on any one common target. So here we are, run any target you want. Also this is a good warm up for the Main MFO in a few weeks. :wink2:

The rules:

0- Signup in this thread before you start.

1- Start whenever you want and end 60 hours later (2 1/2 days).
Examples:
Start 8:00 AM Thursday, End 8:00 PM Saturday
Start Noon Friday, End Midnight Sunday
Start 7:59 PM Monday, End 7:59 AM Wednesday
Start 19:59 Monday, End 7:59 Wednesday

NOTE: The deadline for submitting the results by midnight (23:59) Monday the 25th GMT is very firm so you should start no later than Saturday the 23rd

2- No subscription fee! The winner will add to the Mini-MFO trophey case. I'm planning a fancier webbased trophey case in the near future.

3- This is a general item hunt, you may run anywhere you want, however much you want (within the time frame) with whatever chars you want. alvl 85 scoring will be used, score sheet at the bottom.

4- Do Not post your findings prior to the ending.

5- When it is over, send to jjscud at yahoo.com the following:

- Your forum name. (PLEASE!!)
- Character info (class, build, level).
- ATMA readings of thy 3 highest items.
- Total points, added properly as explained below.

5.1- Results MUST be sent by midnight Monday the 25th GMT.

6- The competitor who gets the highest score wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item). Scores are determined by the top three scores.

6.1- If a tie occurs, top item wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if you prefer.

8- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

9. Scoring:

lvl 85 Areas (csv File)

10. Remember that this is just for fun.

Mini-MFO Trophey Case

From Tweet's amazing win in the Chaos Sanctuary

*Missing*

From Hrus's win in the second Rune Hunt

Nicholaa's Rune Master
Ettin Axe
'ElElElElEl'
One-Hand Damage: 172 to 349
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x46d89dcb
+253% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5 to Light Radius
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

From tweety's in the Anti-Pindlthon

nathalie's Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 150
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xdce55620
+203% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
40% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Undead

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Socketed (3: 0 used)

From Steven Q Urkel's win in the First Rune Hunt

Frosted_Flakes' Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 244
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x97ac6495
+270% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (5: 0 used)

From ~DarkChaos~ in the Baal Mini-MFO

DarkChaos' Isenhart's Case
Breast Plate
Defense: 106
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 8
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x9b509ed4
+40 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

From Tracul's win in the Cow hunt

Daffy's Cow King's Horns
War Hat
Defense: 122
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x7536e57c
+75 Defense
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration

From shleefin's win in the Hell SoJ hunt

Scintillating Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x4e12151c
All Resistances +15
Requirements -15%

From jrlafrance win in the NM SoJ hunt

Lowest_Levelist's Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 97 to 128
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xd632ed85
+182% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on attack

From Wicket's win in the Anti-Pits

WICKET's Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 136 to 158
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd45c19ff
+268% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +62 Damage
160% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%

Last edited:
Im in,probably running tunnels as always.
Im in.

Running tunnels
Woot! I even thought of PMing you and asking when's the next Mini MFO gonna be:grin:. I have never been in of these, but it looks awesome! Hell yeah, I'm in, running Pindle with my Blizzballer(don't know when I'll start though, will see....)
I've never done one before but it sounds like fun. I'm in with my blizz sorc on pindle.
Im in, gonna give Aman and Naab a run for their money in the AT's.

Klæmint Vágadal

Eliza - Blizzard Sorcress cLvl 94
sounds like a nice way to get into running AT w/ my new blizzy. Count me in.
I'll be running Pindle with my Light sorc. GL everyone
I'll give it a go with my 92 Cl/Orb named rather uniquely Clorb :)
I'll join with my lvl 89 Fishymancer.

One question, must I decide one specific target. Or may I roam all over?
Sometimes I have way better luck finding stuff when I hit MF target areas at random. :)
I'm surely in. I'm a great fan of MFOs:wink3:.

2 questions: Can I run 2 targets - tunnels + Pindl?
Can I start just now, today 20:00 GMT + 1? (Or you meant rather only weekend?)
@Belcarl and sequana and anyone else: There is no target limit of any form, run whatever, wherever, whenever you want, within the time limit.

Also, yes, the time is open until the deadline. The sixty hours must be continuous but you may start anytime.
Great! I've just started and already found my first little qualifier:rolleyes:, my result will be sent after 59 hours from now.
I would like to join as well.

Running Pindle (Maybe some AT), and starting now.

Modjadji - lvl 90 Blizzy.

Good Luck all.
I will be joining too. I'll start running later - Thursday, I guess.

Pindle is the target - will try to level my Blizzradress to 95, finally.
i'm in. tunnels with pure cold blizz sorc. might be able to move her exp bar a little bit more towards 96. dune
Might as well join up. I'll be running the Pit with my Summoner for a few days anyway.
I'd like to participate, and will probably start soon, perhaps tomorrow.

Do I just need to use one character? If I get to play much, I like switching characters around to avoid too much repetition. I may run the Ancient Tunnels with a Blizzard sorc built for the tunnels, GopherGal, as well as do some pit runs with Meteorb Pitasaurus and MoonUnitZapper, a CL sorc.
I'm in with my blizzsorc in AT just like everybody else. I was hoping for a MFO sometime soon, I love these. Unfortunately, this one is pretty poorly timed, since this weekend is out due to being out of town, so I'll have to cram in what i can after work for the next few days. Something tells me I won't do as well as I did in the last one I joined, when I was either unemployed or working a 15 hour week.

Starting now, running until bedtime Wednesday. Expect my results either Wednesday night or Thursday after work.

-CG
I haven't done an MFO before, so I think it's about time. Probably Pindle/Tunnels with Finder the lvl 93 blizzy. Most likely start time will be friday night, unless the week holds some free time I don't forsee.

CB

I think ill join this one, I would be running with my level 93 Lightning Zon on Pindle, aptly named RideTheLightnin

Joosh
I'll join with a Blizzard sorceress. I'll probably mix up the targets.
I'd like to join as well. Not sure what I'll run or with who.
I'm in, running pits with nigmadin.
I'm in, Tunnels 😁
I'm out, final exams :sad2:
I would like to join, but I have to find the time for it, studying is a hazzle at the moment.

If I join it is going to be AT or Pindle, don't know yet. Hope to see some nice finds for everybody and I would also like to see some very nice average run-times now that we have Silospen's runcounter, just to compare with my own runtimes.
I'm in, I'll play my hammerdin Gilad.

I finally HAVE to learn how to play him properly. Preparations will be done soon (make HotO, find the stash with the HoZ in it, find my Shako somewhere, find a decent map), and runs will start on Thursday evening, lasting until saturday night... I'm out of town on sunday ;)
The lure of a Mini-MFO is powerful indeed. NWN on hold for the weekend :laugh:

Pindle, Eldritch and Threshy with my Fishy, probably starting Friday evening.

Good luck one and all!
Been on a hiatus for long enough. (Bought and renovated an apartment)

Teslasorc will be running Countess from thursday evening. Gib runes!
I didn't have much time for the last MFO, but this one comes at the right time. I'm starting right away, mostly Pindle, probably some pits thrown is as well.
I'm starting my runs right now.
I'm definitely in. Going to start the runs a little closer to the weekend. I'm going to be running mainly Pindle. Excited about my first MFO! If someone finds Tyrael's I definitely won't win, since it's not possible. 👍

edit: So is it just elite set/unique items that qualify for scoring then?
Yes, just sets and elites.
ZeN said:
I will be joining too. I'll start running later - Thursday, I guess.

Pindle is the target - will try to level my Blizzradress to 95, finally.
Well, after some thought - it's Full Tal's Meteorb ( rather than FB/FO ) in the AT.
I have a great map ( although a bit far from the WP ) on her as well ...
Half of my alotted time has passed, and I've just found my 1 qualifier - this is not going well.

I'm actually interested on some comparisons from those of you doing AT's.
(Mainly concerning runtime, as I feel I am not doing well)
My runtimes vary between 1:30 & 2:15 with the average after ~50 runs 1:48. I kill between 5 & 6 bosses but I feel the fluctuation between a tidy run and the slower ones are too big.

Any idea if this is on par?
I sure join this, not sure how much I can play thou...
Will run Meph/pindle/AT with my lvl 90 meteorb...
I'm in. I think I'll be running AT with my lvl 93 Blizz sorc.

Will start tonight.
Ron Level 89 Blizz sorc
Starting now, will send results in 60 hours.

Ok, here's the current entrant list (still open)

Naab (tunnels)
aman (tunnels)
Darkoooo (Pindle)
allenive (Pindle)
KV (tunnels)
pwangsta (tunnels)
DriveC (Pindle)
CDRToast (?)
Belcarl (roaming)
sequana (tunnels + Pindle)
IronCrown (Pindle + tunnels)
ZeN (Pindle)
dune6836 (tunnels)
rykuss (pits)
purplelocust (tunnels + pits +)
Colorless Green (tunnels)
crazy_bear (tunnels + pindle)
Joosh (Pindle)
Ohomemgrande (lots)
Saucy (?)
DeathMage (pits)
Hrus (tunnels)
Tigereye?? (tunnels or Pindle)
Cormallon (pits??)
Atil (pindle + eldrich + Thresh)
HolyPade (Countess)
Cygnus (Pindle + pits)
tripsu (Pindle)
Heskla (Pindle + tunnels + Meph)
San (tunnels)
ron (?)
jjscud (Pindle + pits)

Cool, that's a nice list.
Add some pit runs for me but the majority will be Tunnels
I added AT plus meph onto mine to keep the boredom out
Just an addendum to your list, I've done a few Baal runs just to keep myself from pindlitis.
I'm gonna start this MFO tomorrow, I will post here at the time I start. My runs wil be original: Baal :)

Not the best MF source, but who knows, I plan on 300 runs, but will be happy if I make the 200
I started at 6:00 P.M. June 18th and will be sending you my results by morning. 😃
Do eth items get more points?
in haiku form:

no no no no no
no no no no no no no
no no no no no

:p

here's a better one:

the answer is no;
all items are worth the same
whether eth or not.

and finally:

pwangsta is great;
he will win this MFO
and prove his greatness.

pwangsta is in
lame poetry-writing mode,
but will shut up now.
Started 11:00 pm wednesday (local time)....

Here's hoping

CB
I'm done. Results just sent.

Nothing impressive, but I'm quite content:azn:. (I didn't have so much time as I imagined)

Good luck to all.
I still have a couple of hours, but unless I sneak out at lunch, I'm finished as well.

Did 300 pindle, and 140 AT runs. Couple of qualifiers. Will see how they do.

I still have to go through the stash and tally the score. Will probably send my results tomorrow this time.

Have fun. IC
Yeah, pits. I started to prepare my char and map yesterday (got a valkyrie wing on my first map... not counting, of course). I'll start running this evening, will go until saturday night.
Email sent. Only a few hours left and I haven't done any runs today anyway. I had a good go though and I'm not sure if it was the competative spirit or not but I had some great runs. Good luck to everyone! I won't be around when this thing is over. I'll check back when I can though.
I start now
I'm starting now also.
This is no haiku
AJK will run tunnels
He hopes to find grailers

Edit: Aargh. Lost my good tunnels and LK map, because I joined an MP game...
-seed to the rescue!

Edit2: Oof. It worked. I would really hate to lose that map.
I did a few practice runs, and will start this friday. Good thing I only found a gold mesh belt.
As the points will be only from sets and uniques, I'll change the target to Mr. Pindle.

Will start in couple of hours, good luck everybody!
Starting today at 17:00 ( in an hour or so ) and finish 60 hours later.

Meteorb at AT.

Edit, oh.. it's 60 hours...

Also, does it matter that I changed char?
So, I've got 12 hours left to run. I've been pretty busy so I didn't have nearly as much time to play as I would have liked but I think for the time I've put in I've had some awesome results. I'm hoping to squeeze in 200 more Pindle runs inebtween all the stuff I have to do this evening. With all the people signed up, this is going to be tough to win!!!

Was just wondering, what type of score it usually takes to win these things?

I've had a blast so far! 👍

Good luck to all!
With the exception of Last time when tweety found a Tyreals, I think the scores have usually been in the upper 20s to lower 30s. I might expect a bit higher with the open running options here. If I had to make a wild guess, I would say that someone will get lucky and we'll see a score in the 40s. :fortuneteller:

Decided to do some pindles also, mix it up a little.
If two of our top qualifiers are the same item, do we count them twice or can we only use one unique/set per spot of the top 3?

So say I had two tyrael's and a stone crusher and an ogre maul as my only 4 qualifiers.

1) tyraels
2) tyraels
3) stone crusher

or...

1) tyraels
2) stone crusher
3) ogre maul

Only if this were the actual item in question! 👍
I finished my runs and am about to email my results, good luck to everyone!
Results of 1000 Pindle + 10 Pit runs sent. Disappointing final score considering the number of runs I did, but I'm VERY happy with the collection of items I found (lot of rare non-qualifiers :rolleyes:)

I was surprised when I discovered that Kira's Guardian wasn't in the score sheet, and PM'd jjscud whose reply was:
The short answer is that the score sheets are final.

The long answer is that its not that simple. Kira's does have a higher rlvl that Griffon's, cannot be dropped in NM (some EUs can) and is listed as a EU in Flavie.

Personally I believe that if it walks like an EU and talks like an EU, it is an EU (or whatever that saying is) but some of the actual game data files treat it as an exceptional item with a high qlvl. I don't know the exact details but as its technically not a qualifier you are welcome to ask the forum at large.
So ... can someone elaborate?
Well, I finished 640 Pindle Runs and thats all I'm going to get. Was hoping I could get more, but I squeezed in as many as I could during the busy time. I'm actually very very happy with the results, and think I have a shot for top 3, which would be nice in my first Mini-MFO! All in all a good bit over a dozen qualifiers for me and from the Pindle running I've done so far (I don't keep track of drops usually), I'm pretty sure my elite set/unique drops were well above average.

Good luck to everyone else! 👍
I'll see if I can slay Pindle a few times this weekend.

Cause my mom always says, live is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
50 pit runs done, two days to go.

Oh my, I'm SLOW with my hammerdin... 3 minutes per run won't take me very far. Went to P3 to get at least a little more benefit from it, and speed didn't change. Conclusion: a char without teleport has a hard time.

I COULD use the puzzler on switch, but then I'll have to count additional time for recharging it (money I find more than enough, champs drop around 6k..., and I can pick it up while the hammer field is killing the remaining foes). Dunno if that will really help, running with vigor is already quite fast.
I'm in for some AT runs with a blizzy.
asdf!

edit: heck, I'll mix it with some random andy/meph/pindle too ;)
my time has elapsed. email sent. about 80 players8 tunnels full cleared, 25million exp earned and 4 qualifiers. good luck all. dune
OK, I'm starting it exactly now.
14:00 Gmt +1, 22.6.2007
Weather: Sun is shining, undead minions are dying:grin:, wind blowing in my sorc's hair.

Gonna run Pindle with my Blizzballer...
I'll start now-ish. Even one single grailer would make me happy, but don't tell D2 I said that...
Cygnus said:
I was surprised when I discovered that Kira's Guardian wasn't in the score sheet, and PM'd jjscud whose reply was:
So ... can someone elaborate?
The whole progression of circlets, coronets, tiaras, diadems is somewhat garbled, I think. As I understand it, both circlets and corornets (normal items) upgrade to tiaras (exceptional) and that tiaras (exceptional) upgrade to diadems (also exceptional?), which doesn't really make too much sense.

I take it you found a Kira's, which is great! Even if it's not a qualifier...
Too bad but my time in this tournament has already come to an end, I'm going out with some friends tonight and saturday and sunday I will be with my dad...
I'm happy with how well I did in the few hours spent though.

Results sent.
I finished my runs the other night with mixed results. I found a lot of qualifiers but nothing really stands out as being great (scoring-wise) :(

On the other hand, I found 2 grailers (Knell Striker & Athena's Wrath), leveled my bliz sorc rev 2 up to 90, and finally got around to pushing her through to Baal (he even dropped a qualifier). Ancients at clvl 90 add about 20-25% to the exp bar.

I'll have to post highlights after the final bell.
I strated half an hour ago and I already got one nice qualifier.

Tiara is considered exceptional. Diadem is elite.

AJK said:
Even one single grailer would make me happy, but don't tell D2 I said that...
Yeah, me too. :wink3:
Why don't high runes count... :cry:
My first MFO!!!😁

I'll be starting either tonight or tomorrow morning...first I do have to make some calls - depending on how long that takes I might even start tonight.

I'll be using my Lv90 Meteorb. I think I'll swap between running AT and Pindle...

@AJK: :shocked: yeah, well - I think you can use that one quite well nonetheless...:wink3:

EDIT: ooohh...monday midnight...does that mean the time between sunday and monday or between monday and tuesday? In the first case, I guess I'll have less than 60 hours left...ah, that's ok :)
Grisu said:
EDIT: ooohh...monday midnight...does that mean the time between sunday and monday or between monday and tuesday? In the first case, I guess I'll have less than 60 hours left...ah, that's ok :)
Between Monday and Tuesday.
This Mini MFO is very good idea, it is my second MFO, in the last time I was runing at Mephisto. I will start at 9 PM today with Pindl and then maybe Baal.

Good luck all. 😁
Congrats for that LO !

I've done 90 runs, and have about 30 hours to go. One grailie. Two or three more would be nice. Lots of blue thunder mauls...

Tomorrow, I can play all day since my family is on vacation ... hmm, some shopping to do, but not much else. We'll see how much time I'll really spend on D2.

I began at 21:03 GMT tonight (23:03 at my place), and began with ATs. But since I wanted to see some uniques drop (for extra motivation, you know :) I decided to do some Baal runs...I know, not the best place to hunt for items...

...unfortunately jewelry doesn't count, since Baal dropped this, what turned out to be this:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd0c23829
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels
Times up for me. Going to send results now.
I'm starting in a few minutes, which means finishing just three hours or so before the deadline.

Unfortunately, this means a long wait for those who have finished until all the results are in :evil:
Results sent,im pretty pleased.:)
Results also send, also pleased. The pretty combined with a smilie in your post scares me Naab.
Mail sent. 500 pits and 1350 pindle runs done, 35 qualifiers found in total, bit disappointed with the results though.
Wow, you were running like crazy!!! 500 Pits!! on top of 1350 Pindle runs. I only got in 650 Pindle Runs total. It's a busy week for me unfortunately, since next week is rather easy. Though I am pleased with my results for not running as much as I wanted to. 👍

How many runs did everyone else do?
~800 tunnel runs(wanted to do 1k :S)
@Ezgijs I didnt get any high scorers,just a few useful items,thats why i said im pleased.
Finished this morning, results just sent now

I only did maybe 250 tunnels, 100 or so pindle, but that was enough for 22 qualifiers. A good number for the number of runs, but it was quantity rather than quality. Hopefully I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack

CB
Results sent.

Non qualifyers:

Lo Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Helms: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Required Level: 59

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 456
Chance to Block: 72%
Smite Damage: 20 to 28
Durability: 26 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xe340f10b
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+170% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate
20% Bonus to Attack Rating

Even if the results were bad, I could not be more happy 😁 No more debating Forti Vs Grief.
Results sent. Not pleased.
Results sent.

7 Qualifiers in total. Not really a good turnout compared to the amounts of runs I've made. But I got a few good none-qualifer drops like a Rainbow facet jewel, Gheeds and a skiller. :)
Results sent, 190 pit runs at P3 gave me 19 qualifiers.
Report sent.
I managed to get in quite a few runs, I think I had 1600 (or 1700) pindle runs with 25 qualifiers. Unfortunately, there's no beating around the bush, these runs fell in my worst dry streak from pindle ever. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have picked up a single item.
Results sent
Results sent.

I'm very very pleased with the results. Two grailers and a juicy rune. :laugh:
Honorable mention: Tal's Amulet, Gore Rider, +2 valk wing, 219/20 Raven Frost

This MFO has delivered a nice opportunity to gauge my tunnel run efficiency against Pindle. I ran with a lvl. 91 blizzy with 571% MF and 41% FRW. Comparison:
Code:
Total # of tunnel runs    : 300
Total time        : 356 minutes
Average # of B/C packs    : 4.8
Time per B/C pack    : 14.6 sec

Total # of Pindle runs    : 645
Average Pindle time    : 23.6 sec

Pindle efficiency relative to tunnels --> 1.24
Lesson learned: I'll stick with Pindle until there's only the big one left for my grail.
Well there is your problem. A good tunnelmap can cost you only about 55 seconds. 55/4.8=11.46, which beats pindle. and ask yourself the next thing, how many 'little' ones would you find in the tunnels before you find the big one?

gg on the Lo btw,👍

-Jae, advocate of tunnelrunning.
@ AJK Where did you get that counter or is it a result of personal calculation?

For the record, I'm primarily doing Pindle runs, with a few dozen Mephs thrown in for good measure, and a couple AT / Pits / Mausoleums thrown in to break it up some...
Already found a handful of my grailers (only about 60-70% so nothing earth shattering, but one high scorer already)

Start time 0300 Saturday end time will be 1500 Monday (+6 for time zones gets me in just under the wire)

Jaedhann said:
Well there is your problem. A good tunnelmap can cost you only about 55 seconds. 55/4.8=11.46, which beats pindle. and ask yourself the next thing, how many 'little' ones would you find in the tunnels before you find the big one?

gg on the Lo btw,👍

-Jae, advocate of tunnelrunning.
Except that Pindle drops 2 items and uniques in the tunnels only drop 1:wink3:

Edit: Although that would just beat Pindle for this example
I think running Pindle for the sole purpose of getting all the items besides the big one is a little strange, because ultimately if you want to finish the grail, that big one is the one you want to get.

I would say the opposite is the better idea. Run the tunnels until (if you ever) get the big one, and then run Pindle to try and finish the grail off. It's unlikely most of us will ever get down to that situation though anyways. I expect very few of us will be in the "jjscud boat" of only 12 grailers left with Tyraels out of the way.

I'm running Pindle solely right now only because I play hardcore and I don't have a tunnel runner due to death. I don't feel like questing much right now, but when I do I'm going to bring my Blizzard Sorc through to the tunnels. 👍
I only did 258 Tunnel runs. But I have found one good item. No grailer though :cry:

results sent.
I did close to 2000 Pindle runs with very good results :)
Results sent.

Did a few dozen Baal runs, a few hundred Pindle runs and maybe 30 AT runs. I don't know the exact numbers, since I played very infrequently. I'm pleased with the results though: Found some qualifiers and 11 grailers - ok, not too much qualifiers, but hey! 11 grailers! 😁
Results sent. I did about 600 Pindle runs, and several tunnel and Ball runs.
I found 2 grailers and 9 qualifiers, 1 Lightning skiller and 1 Rainbow facet (lightning 4/5).
👍
Ok, lots of results are in, here's who I'm still waiting for:

pwangsta
CDRToast
Joosh
Saucy
Tigereye
Atil
Heskla
ron

AJK said:
Lesson learned: I'll stick with Pindle until there's only the big one left for my grail.

As has been pointed out by many Pindle is an excellent source of items but tripsu is right. If you are serious about the grail, pindle is a waste of time until you got the big one, you will likely re-find most stuff while looking for tyreals.
Results sent. Thanks for arranging the Mini-MFO. 👍
jjscud said:
As has been pointed out by many Pindle is an excellent source of items but tripsu is right. If you are serious about the grail, pindle is a waste of time until you got the big one, you will likely re-find most stuff while looking for tyreals.
That's actually a very good point. I was just dissapointed that my tunnel runs are 24% less efficient than Pindle. A sub-minute tunnel map sounds very nice, I think I'll go search for one.

Oh, and thanks for hosting this mini MFO. I enjoyed it a lot (for obvious reasons).
Results send from me, didn't do all that playing but got a decent result and some improvement to my perfection score of the perfect grail.

Did 1000 Pindle runs and around 100 AT-runs, my top 3 are all from Pindle.
Finished slightly early, pleasing result just sent.
Done... Sent...

Non qualifiers include a Fire Facet (My first ever), Nature's Peace, and a Graverobber's Grand Charm of Inertia

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Congrat's tweety, for those of you who don't know, tweety also won the first two Mini-MFO's and is the only one to repeat and he's done it twice now.

Also a big congrats to alot of others here, quite a few high scores with lots of nice items.

This tourney has got me thinking and I'll put together another tourney in a few months to compare running targets slightly more scientifically. As for this tourney, I don't see much advantage of one target over another.

Anyways, here they are.

Code:
[B]tweety (Pindle)[/B]
Astreon's Iron Ward - 27.8
Ravenlore - 14.6
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Total - 51.7

[B]Naab (tunnels)[/B]
Darkforce Spawn - 19.3
Death's Fathom - 16.8
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Total - 45.4

[B]Hrus (tunnels)[/B]
Death's Web - 27.9
Executioner's Justice - 9.3
Eaglehorn - 5.7
score - 42.9

[B]Belcarl (roaming)[/B]
Astreon's Iron Ward - 27.8
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 3.8
Razor's Edge - 3.6
Total - 35.2

[B]purplelocust (tunnels, pits, baal)[/B]
Dragonscale - 14.6
Crown of Ages - 10.7
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Total - 34.6

[B]Tigereye (Pindle, tunnels)[/B]
Ravenlore - 14.6
Heaven's Light - 9.8
Grandfather - 9.3
Total - 33.7

[B]Atil (Pindle, ?)[/B]
Schaefer's Hammer - 23.1
Medusa's Gaze - 5.7
Lacerator - 4.3
Total - 33.1

[B]EasyGijs (tunnels, Baal)[/B]
Cerebus' Bite - 11
Halaberd's Reign - 10.4
Arkaine's Valor - 7.8
Total - 29.2

[B]AJK (tunnels, Pindle)[/B]
Shadow dancer - 10.7
Halaberd's Reign - 10.4
Demonhorn's Edge - 7.9
Total - 29.0

[B]DeathMage (Pindle, pits)[/B]
Boneflame - 10.4
Stormspire - 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite - 9.3
Total - 29

[B]CDRToast (Pindle, ?)[/B]
Griswold's Redemption - 10.3
Steel Carapace - 8.1
Boneshade - 7.9
Total - 27.3 

[B]Aman (Tunnels, Pindle)[/B]
Griffon's Eye - 10.7
Boneflame - 10.4
Stormshield - 5
Toatl - 26.1

[B]San (tunnels)[/B]
Heaven's Light - 9.8
Steel Carapace - 8.1
Spirit Ward - 8.1
Total - 26

[B]Darkoooo (Pindle)[/B]
Windforce - 9,3
Boneshade - 7,9
Demonhorn's - 7,9
Total - 25,1

[B]Klæmint Vágadal (tunnels)[/B]
Halaberd's Reign - 10.4
Giant Skull - 8.1
Arachnid Mesh - 5.9
Total - 24.4

[B]tripsu (Pindle)[/B]
The Redeemer - 9.8
StormSpire - 9.3
Ma'vina's Caster - 5.2
Total - 24.3

[B]sequana(tunnels, Pindle)[/B]
Boneflame - 10.4
Wolfhowl - 7.3
Stoneraven - 6
Total - 23.7

[B]allenive (Pindle, Meph)[/B]
The Redeemer - 9.8
Wolfhowl - 7.3
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.6
Total - 23.7

[B]dune6836 (tunnels)[/B]
Spirit Keeper - 14.2
Marrowwalk - 5
Harlequin Crest - 4.1
Total - 23.3

[B]Cormallon (pits)[/B]
Steelrend - 10.7
Dracul's Grasp - 5.9
Leviathan - 5.7
Total - 22.3

[B]Grisu (Baal, Pindle)[/B]
Demonhorn's Edge - 7.9
Head Hunter's Glory - 7.8
Nosferatu's Coil - 6.6
Total - 22.3

[B]ZeN (tunnels)[/B]
Alma Negra - 9.1
Steel Shade - 6.6
Stoneraven - 6
Total - 21.7

[B]IronCrown (Pindle, Tunnels)[/B]
Griswold's Redemption - 11.3
Firelizard's Talons - 5.2
Natalya's Mark - 4.3
Total - 20.8

[B]Crazy_Bear (tunnels +)[/B]
Ondal's Wisdom - 7.8
Doombringer - 5.7
Firelizard's Talons - 5.2
Total - 18.7

[B]kecin (Pindle, Baal)[/B]
Giant Skull - 8.1
Veil of Steel - 5.7
Eschuta's Temper - 4.6
Total - 18.4

[B]jjscud (Pindle)[/B]
Blood Raven's Charge - 6.7
Dracul's Grasp - 5.9
Warshrike - 5.7
Total - 18.3

[B]asdfgah (tunnels +)[/B]
Wolfhowl - 7.3
Horizon's Tornado - 5.7
Sandstorm Trek - 3.9
Total - 16.9

[B]Ohomemgrande (tunnels, Meph)[/B]
Warshrike - 5.7
Marrowalk - 5.0
Andariel's Visage - 4.3
Total - 15.0

[B]Colorless Green (tunnels)[/B]
Alma Negra - 9.1
Naj's Light Plate - 3.1
Hellslayer - 2.6
Total - 14.8

[B]Cygnus (Pindle)[/B]
Demonhorn's Edge - 7.9
Aldur's Deception - 3.3
Trang-Oul's Guise - 3.2
Total - 14.4

[B]DriveC (Pindle)[/B]
M'avina's Caster - 5.2
The Gladiator's Bane - 4.9
Natalya's Mark - 4.3
Total - 14.4

[B]HolyPade (Pindle)[/B]
Bloodmoon - 3.3
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian - 3.8
Soul Drainer - 6.6
Total - 13.7

[B]rykuss (pits)[/B]
Lacerator - 4.3
Stone Crusher - 4.6
Wraith Flight - 4.3
Total - 13.0

[B]Saucy (Pindle, Meph)[/B]
Thunderstoke - 4.7
Ormus Robes - 3.9
Rune Master - 3.2
Total - 11.8

Congrats tweety! You are on quite the roll.

How many runs did you end up doing for results like that? Very solid indeed. Two very tough finds.

edit: Sorry, looked back! Close to 2000 I see. Those are some INCREDIBLE!! results for only 2000 Pindle Runs. Wow.
Wow I am impressed with the amount of high scores, this was my first MFO and I think I did fairly well, no real big items but I did also find 3 arach's, an um, and a very nice dual leech ring with AR, strength and resists to go along with numerous other nice uniques.
Congrats!

I guess I'll need to try more runs next time to have a chance :)

At least I got 10 grailers ;)
Damn you Aman! Barely higher then me :laugh:

But seriously, congratulations to everyone. I even do half as bad as I suspected 😃
GG tweety and grats to all those high scores, I'm very disappointed with score I got for the time invested, but thats mfing.
Great finds, tweety, and lots of others as well! I had what I thought was fantastic luck to find 3 grailers and was very pleased with how I did.
Congrats Tweet, great finds there.

GG to all contestants. I see that I'll have to pick up the pace if I want to have a shot at these things!

CB

Congrats yet again tweety 😃
Thanks all.
I was pretty lucky this time, well maybe also last time :)
I didn't do that many runs, but the drops were just good. Non qualifiers were a Lenymo and a 5/5 poison facet.
The only moment of dissapointment was when I found Horizons number 15.
I think Pindle is the best target for these kind of things, I can do Pindle runs under 20 seconds quite easily, but never managed to get the same speed/boss/item (you know what I mean) on tunnel runs. Pindle runs also allow you to do other things more easily, like watching TV at the same time.
GG Tweety, and to all who have been in this tournament:thumbsup:

@Naab: Gib DF!
Congrats tweety (again), you lucky *$#&@#$ Those are some amazing drops for only 2000 pindle runs.
Congrats on the win tweety!
As others have said, great drops. Maybe I should watch more TV while doing pindle to maximise those drops ;o)

Cograts all, some sweet finds!
Congrats to the winner and also to all paritcipants 👍.

My results agree with the time which I spent with running Pindl + tunnels. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that Pindle didn't drop me anything valuable (I mean TC87) for more than 3k runs, I hope it must be broken soon.
Congratulations tweety on doing a double 👍

Well done to all who competed and thanks to jjscud for hosting and sorting the results.
Impressive scores there!

congrats to tweety and thanks for organising jjscud.
Congrats tweety!👍

And thanks to jjscud for hosting this MFO! I think I still need more practice before I participate in "the next big thing" :)

btw, when running Pindle: what's the route you normally take and do you switch War Travelers for boots with more FRW? Just wondering, because 20 seconds seems impossible to me right now...but like I said: Maybe I just need more practice, meaning 5k more Pindle runs...at least :wink3:
Tweety schooled us again. gg! 👍

Here's what I do to get 23.5s average pindle runs.

- Play on /P1.
- Have a 'Harmony' bow on switch. <-- vigor aura
- Sprinkle some FRW charms in the backpack (for me 17% total).
- Play in a window. (-w switch).
- Last but not least: do not waste time picking up and inspecting rares.

If I heeded the last advice in this list, I would have gotten closer to 20 second runs. But the prospect of nice boots/elite weapons/stuff is too good to ignore completely.
Maybe "harmony" bow on switch... Vigor Aura....
For boots right now, I use 20% FRW with 23% MF. I think that is more efficient overall than having the little extra MF. I'm hoping to find a nice 30 FRW/20+ MF pair of boots I can use some time soon.

I also inspect all rares that look interesting then sell them. This slows down my run times by ~5 seconds but all the coin I get for gambling and the occasional extremely nice rare I find makes it worth it. It also makes the runs a little more easy to keep doing for a long time.

For the next MFO though I might put off my obsession with rares since they don't count for anything and just go for that big score. I'm quite AMAZED with all the high scores. I was thinking with mid 20s I had a shot at top 5, but I was only middle of the pack.

@ Tweety: How much MF do you have on your Pindle runner? I was just wondering, because I'm running with 348 right now and was wondering if I should aim for a little higher, like closer to 500.
I have maybe 500 MF on, probably not more. Gear is Deaths Fathom, Sanctuary shield, topaz Harley, 3 pieces of Tal, two fortuitous rings of fortune, War travs, Chance guards and Harmony on switch. Charms are MF and some FRW.

To get fast runs, don't pick up anything. While the screen is loading switch to harmony and start aim the mouse down so you start running immediatly. Go through portal, switch weapon three teleports, blizzard, press alt, press esc.
Cold immune Pindle takes 25-27 seconds for the merc.

Windowed mode also helps with me a lot.

Don't forget about damage, I have a perfect Deaths fathom with perfect facet, which I prefer over the little MF you get from Occy, or the pathetic damage from an isted Ali Baba. The Sancuary is for safety, I'm 97 2/3 and not prepared to die by Pindle. I gained just 1.5 million exp during these runs btw.
Congrats to Tweety and to all for the nice finds. Especially I envy you the Astreons and Schaefer's Hammer (which are grailers for me)

Thanks jjscud for hosting. Hopefully I will find more time/motivation for big MFO.
Congratulations, Tweety!

I'm happy for one grailie, but not so with the average run time for my pally. Although I get more bosses during pit runs, I need more than twice the time my blizzy needs in the tunnels.

I even couldn't run as much as I planned... heavy rain flooded our cellar on saturday and I had to take care of that... ouch.
well done all. congrats tweety. thanks for hosting jjscud.
Congrats tweety!

When is the MFO planned for jjscus? I just might be around for it!
How does the MFO differ from the Mini-MFO's?
You can check it from Tournament sticky links. There are 4 categories, Baal, Mephisto, lvl85 areas (Pits+Tunnels mostly), Act 5 Superuniques (=Pindle).
Winners in each category can take items from others. It's 9 days long (from Saturday to Sunday)
GG tweety 👍
Thanks a bunch everyone. I was just looking at something and realized that this was the first tourney I've done that had forum names with ALL results, no guessing by me!

:flowers:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High