Mini-MFO X (The Second Rune Hunt) [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Jan 22, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mini-MFO X (The Second Rune Hunt)

Short, short version of rules:
Find runes, keep the goods! This weekend!

NOTE: I was a bit hesitant to do this during the MFL but it'll be down to 5 participants by the weekend and only requires 2 hours so I think we'll be ok.

The rules:

1- Start whenever you want and end 60 hours later (2 1/2 days).
Examples:
Start 8:00 AM Thursday, End 8:00 PM Saturday
Start Noon Friday, End Midnight Sunday
Start 7:59 PM Monday, End 7:59 AM Wednesday
Start 19:59 Monday, End 7:59 Wednesday

NOTE: The deadline for submitting the results by midnight (23:59) Monday the 29th GMT is very firm so you should start no later than Saturday the 27th

2- No subscription fee! The winner will add to the Mini-MFO trophey case. I'm planning a fancier webbased trophey case in the near future.

3- This is a general rune hunt. The only restriction are targets that have highly altered rune drops. These are quest drops (only hellforge and Ral-Ort-Tal from Act V) and the Countess.

4- Do Not post your findings prior to the ending.

5- When it is over, send to jjscud at yahoo.com the following:

- Your forum name. (PLEASE!!)
- Character info (class, build, level).
- ATMA readings of thy 3 highest runes. Similar to the the proposed trading rules, screenshot anything Ist and higher while its still on the ground. (Hit print screen while holding alt)
- Total points, added properly as explained below.

5.1- Results MUST be sent by midnight Monday the 29th GMT.

6- The competitor who gets the highest score wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item). Scores are determined by the top three scores.

6.1- If a tie occurs, top rune wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if you prefer.

8- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

9. Scoring:

El 1
Eld 2
Tir 3
Nef 4
Eth 5
Ith 6
Tal 7
Ral 8
Ort 9
Thul 10
Amn 11
Sol 12
Shael 13
Dol 14
Hel 15
Io 16
Lum 17
Ko 18
Fal 19
Lem 20
Pul 21
Um 22
Mal 23
Ist 24
Gul 25
Vex 26
Ohm 27
Lo 28
Sur 29
Ber 30
Jah 31
Cham 32
Zod 33

10. Remeber that this is just for fun. If you are a but unsure of your rune hunting prowess, feel free to enter, do whatever runs (or full clears for once) you would normally do (pindle, meph etc...) and just keep track of the runes.

Here's a link to the last rune hunt if you want an idea of how it went.

Mini-MFO Trophey Case

From tweety's in the Anti-Pindlthon

nathalie's Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 150
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xdce55620
+203% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
40% Increased Attack Speed
350% Damage to Undead

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Socketed (3: 0 used)

From Steven Q Urkel's win in the First Rune Hunt

Frosted_Flakes' Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 122 to 244
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x97ac6495
+270% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (5: 0 used)

From ~DarkChaos~ in the Baal Mini-MFO

DarkChaos' Isenhart's Case
Breast Plate
Defense: 106
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 8
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x9b509ed4
+40 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

From Tracul's win in the Cow hunt

Daffy's Cow King's Horns
War Hat
Defense: 122
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x7536e57c
+75 Defense
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration

From shleefin's win in the Hell SoJ hunt

Scintillating Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x4e12151c
All Resistances +15
Requirements -15%

From jrlafrance win in the NM SoJ hunt

Lowest_Levelist's Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 97 to 128
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xd632ed85
+182% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on attack

From Wicket's win in the Anti-Pits

WICKET's Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 136 to 158
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd45c19ff
+268% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +62 Damage
160% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Last edited:
I'm in

(10 chars)
put me down as well, do we have to declare what areas we are going to be running???
I'll have a go again, and hope to do better than my last effort (3 Hel runes in cows was all I had to show for enduring thousands of "Moo" sounds.) I think this time I'll try LK runs with a high FCR sorc.
I'm in. I hope to find better than a Mal this time around.
I'm in as well and should have a good amount of time to play. 😁
Bah... I guess I'll have to do this one (my first Rune Hunt Tourney...)

I'm wondering if I should do LK (highest rune there is Amn for me IIRC) or Arcane Sanctuary (I've had a lot of runes drop there on 1 run before)...

Doesn't take long to clear AS and of course there's all the superchests at the 3 false paths... Then the summoner who can drop a Lo (IIRC from Urlik's Rune Finding Guide)...

👍

GL everyone!!!

Aerwynd
The way the scoring works is that just the top three runes count, so getting lots of runes isn't as high scoring as getting just a couple of high ones. For example, Lum (17) Io (16) and Shael (13) would beat fifty Dols (14 each, but only the first three count.) I have no idea if cubing up is allowed to improve scores, though! It could help in that case...
I've had IOs drop in AS before (I think...) So 3x Io would be 48 instead of 46 (your example) 😁

I get your point though... If I get a Ber, Vex, and Io in LK, but only 3x Io in AS...

I'll have to look up the monsters in AS in ATMA's Drop Calc to see what the highest they can drop...

I don't have a lot of luck w/ LK though...

Aerwynd
Is cubing allowed?

Edit: Removed [color] tags which mysteriously appeared.
VCrow said:
Is cubing allowed?
I'll stick with what I previously said

jjscud said:
Remeber, its the top three runes found. Only your top three runes count and they must be found, not cubed.

Ok, just a side contest, if anyone (even second place) can beat the winners score by cubing the runes they found, I'll give them a Windforce (RRM/RWM, or any other non-grail item that I have). Only the highest score counts, i.e. if two people can beat the top score then only the highest get the Windforce

And I'll mention that I have a non-grail Stormlash also as a potential pick.

Edit: I should also oficially mention that i'm in.
Well with all the Chams, Surs, and Jahs floating around here, I am in. Expect my start time soon.
I'm in this weekend, I'll be finishing up my assassin anyways and cutting down on playing so some LK and general rune running might be a nice change of pace. Maybe I'll do better than last time too.
I'm in... time to put my LFzon to work :)
Arrghh... this couldn't have come @ more worse time than this. I'd definately enter, but RL and my final exams are coming just around the corner and I really have to finish some courses and I pretty much have this entire week stuffed full with schoolwork, so no runes from me :sad2:
DarkChaos said:
I'm in this weekend, I'll be finishing up my assassin anyways and cutting down on playing so some LK and general rune running might be a nice change of pace. Maybe I'll do better than last time too.
4th place wasn't soo bad now, was it? :point:

EDIT: I'm in again. Although, since the last rune hunt, the highest rune I've gotten from LK is Lum.
The highest rune I've had drop for me outside of the forge ever is Lum, but whatever. Count me in. I'll probably run cows if I ever Mat my LF zon. If not, I'll try LK.
jrlafrance said:
4th place wasn't soo bad now, was it? :point:
No it wasn't, I couldn't have expected more. I'm just kidding around. As long as I beat grogs I'm happy. :evil: :neener:

And for the record, I prefer to see it as: we tied for 3rd spot.
Blizzard sorc = Izual
Lightning zon = Cows
Fire sorc = Flayers
Lightning sorc = Arcane Sanctuary
Meteorb sorc = LK

I'm ready and set.
Cows,lk and AS for me.

This sounds like fun, I've never done a rune hunt. I'll prob. run cows maybe try some LK runs.
I'll just be sticking to LK for this, got a lot of free time after tomorrow but I want to get a good number of Pindle runs in too:tongue:
I'm in will probably be doing just LK.
count me in with an original char (compared to the chaff offered by corr etc :p) and in an original place .. not fully original but we will see.
I'm in. Prediction for myself: Lum, Hel, Shael.....anything better will be a pleasant surprise.
Im in. Havent decided who and what char to run yet. Whatever i decide it should be fun. Is there going to be a table set up for this?
Is there any reasonable way to deal with the huge mounds of items that drop when running cows for runes? I am always listening for the "rune/gem/jewel/ring drop" sound since they don't always show up when you hold down alt if there are too many items already there. And sorting through the drops to find the runes takes a long time. I get the feeling that I'm sure to be missing some runes amoung all that debris- does anyone have good advice for that? I don't use RRM but even so, if the rune doesn't appear, being highlighted in red wouldn't help!
ill grab the gold and potions, and keep using the potions as i go. Helps sometimes
I do that too (chug gobs of potions), but still there are too many items often to see what is on the ground and it takes a while.
What the heck, nothing to lose. I have never seriously ran LK before, and I need some lowish-mid runes anyway. I will try it.
DarkChaos said:
No it wasn't, I couldn't have expected more. I'm just kidding around. As long as I beat grogs I'm happy. :evil: :neener:

And for the record, I prefer to see it as: we tied for 3rd spot.
We all have our delusions. I prefer to see it as: jjscud listed me 3rd, and you 4th. :badteeth:
DarkChaos said:
As long as I beat grogs I'm happy. :evil: :neener:
I was going to let this thread slide by and not get involved, but that sounds like a challenge DC :)

Will be running Baal with my trapper, and will sneak in some cows with my javazon.
That's exactly what it is. Now we need to persuade Marvel to join as well, and it'll be one sick mini-MFO.
Well, I've almost finished a LF javazon that says cows are for bbq'ing. I will have to join in the fun.

CB
DarkChaos said:
That's exactly what it is. Now we need to persuade Marvel to join as well, and it'll be one sick mini-MFO.
Marvel has that shiny new Zon as well.... I'm sure we could persuade him to join us in PO this weekend:wink3:
I am in too. I have found a nice rune last time and wouldn't mind having similar drop again.

I am also trying to roll a LK map which would drop a Monarch from a rack regularly, but no luck yet, is it even possible? (I know it should be, racks should drop all items with qlvl<alvl based on the rarity column in Armor.txt, but I didn't see any elite non-classspecific shields after ~50 rerolls. I do run each map with two huts several times...)
What are you looking for in the Monarch, Jeweler's of Amicae or ...??
Timinator said:
count me in with an original char (compared to the chaff offered by corr etc :p) and in an original place .. not fully original but we will see.
Hey, Izual is pretty original! :badteeth:

As for the cow issue, I try to balance out the herd to it's maximum efficiency; allowing the herd to be as big as possible to benefit the most from LF, while maintaining an almost clear field of drops. My runs are 5-6 minutes when I'm lazy, and sub 5 when I'm not. (Which is rare, by the way :badteeth:)

I will be running from Friday 12:00 to Sunday 00:00 CET [GMT +1]
Tigereye said:
What are you looking for in the Monarch, Jeweler's of Amicae or ...??
That wouldn't hurt either but I look for Jeweler's of Deflecting.
Count me in as well. I'll let you know the details later, probably LK.

I'll join up. I just rolled the perfect LK map for this event (WP next to first campfire which is next to 2nd campfire)
Count me in. I am planning to do some MFing anyway.

I will be doing:

LK runs(and maybe tunnels) with my cold sorc
Baal, Pindle(and maybe cows) with my LF zon
WSK clears/Baal with a summoner necro
Count me in as well. I've got special table for this event so I'm looking forward to write down my rune prey :cool:

blizz sorc for mausoleum/crypt + burial grounds, tunnels, WSK/Baal
edit: and LK as well

Most probably I will start on Friday 8:00 and stop on Sunday 20:00.
I'm not going to win but only take part for fun. But getting my friend krovak's scalp would not be so bad :wink3:
Sounds like a challenge. Let's see:cool:
Hrus said:
I am also trying to roll a LK map which would drop a Monarch from a rack regularly, but no luck yet, is it even possible? (I know it should be, racks should drop all items with qlvl<alvl based on the rarity column in Armor.txt, but I didn't see any elite non-classspecific shields after ~50 rerolls. I do run each map with two huts several times...)
I've had one rack that dropped a Monarch, but the map had only one campfire so I didn't keep it. Maybe it was just a rare exception.
I will start at 20:00 Friday and finish 20:00 Sunday. Not the full 60 hours as work and wife require some attention.
😆 😆 😆

Unfortunatelly I don't have enough time these days so I won't be able to participate. O course I would finish this MFO on last place with my rune-luck (something like Ort, Eld, El) :rolleyes:
Current Participants (sighnups wil close Friday)
----------------------------------------------

Aerwynd
Atil
colony
Corrupted
crazy_bear
DarkChaos
Deaddave
DeathMage
Drixx
grogs
hepcat
HolyPade
Hoop76
Hrus
jjscud
jrlafrance
krovak
Moar
Naab
Ohomemgrande
Phosheez
purplelocust
pwangsta
ron
Saucy
sequana
Skinny
Thyiad
Timinator

Cool, quite a few hunters. :cool:
I started my runs yesterday morning. So I finish tonight. Replenishing my El stock, nicely at the mo ... :rolleyes:
Awww this is my kind of tourney, thing is cant finda rune anyway in classic, maybe I should look through the stickies ^^. Good luck to everyone anyway, I hope to see some funky runewords after this event please!
Ok then... im running only for runes anyway so i guess this makes dc and grogs happy.

Im going for cows and wsk.
Started this morning... Puts my end time Sat Night...

GL 2 All 👍

Aerwynd
I started Wednesday morning so I'll stop Friday evening. Good luck to all!
Finished mine. Did Cows mainly, with a few WSK/Shenk/Eldritch/Pindles.
EDIT: Sent my results in. JJ make sure you aren't holding anything that might spill/you may choke on when you read the mail. 😁
I am going to start on Saturday at 9 am GMT so i will end on monday at 9 pm GMT. Good luck everybody:wink3:
Marvel said:
Ok then... im running only for runes anyway so i guess this makes dc and grogs happy.

Im going for cows and wsk.
Good, should be some interesting mini-rune comps this weekend. 😃
Marvel said:
so i guess this makes dc and grogs happy.
Yes it does :)
Thyiad said:
EDIT: Sent my results in. JJ make sure you aren't holding anything that might spill/you may choke on when you read the mail.
OK, I'm scared now:scared::worry::nervous::yikes:
My time's up. Tonight was very depressing. I ran LK for about 45 minutes and found zero runes. I did find a lot of nice charms/jewels etc. but no runes.

After my dry spell, I then got 4 El's in 6 runs.

With 30 minutes left, I decided to run for one more rune. The next rune to drop was a :flip: and that made the night a good one. Sorry, have to wait until the official results are posted

Will post interesting finds in the item find thread and send results to jjscud
at least nikon won't pinch another lash from you .. then go to wow and not use it :p

It's on! :badteeth:
If I'm not too late, I'll give it a go. I imagine I'll at least get a Thul out of it. :rolleyes: I'll probably kill some cows..
I started my runs last night. Only thing is I forgot to sign up beforehand. Do I have to start from scratch now?

For the record, I'm in.
We can start until the 27th right? If this is the case, then I might give it a go!
Where is that edit button?

Ok, due to heavy RL, I'm dropping out before I was actually in. So, definitely a no go for me.
nubikoen said:
I started my runs last night. Only thing is I forgot to sign up beforehand. Do I have to start from scratch now?

For the record, I'm in.
Well, I don't want to be a pain but I had already told others that you definately have to signup before you start. I think it best to restart.

If you found that super duper rune before you signed up, it will be questioned and if you didn't find anything, you might as well restart anyways.

Adding, Marvel, nubikoen, and lachen to the list.

edit: Yes, it is just runes that are supposed to be kept quite.
Timinator said:
at least nikon won't pinch another lash from you .. then go to wow and not use it :p
Don't remind me of that. I'm still looking for another one...:sad2:

Only 10 or so more trades and 2 more months and then I can maybe try to buy one though...
I've got a question about talking about your finds. Is it only runes that we cannot mention before the end of the tourney or does it apply to all finds?
Just the runes since they are the only thing that counts in this mini-mfo.
jjscud said:
Well, I don't want to be a pain but I had already told others that you definately have to signup before you start. I think it best to restart.
You'll get no complaints from me for that, best I found last night was a sol anyway :)
One thing to mention is that for those who get good rune drops from LK superchests, it may be helpful to keep screenshots and add to the data being gathered in this thread trying to understand patterns in the drops there.
I'm starting now. Good luck all! (including myself 👅 )
I'm finished and the result is sent. I didn't run as much as I thought I would because it was just too boring.

Big thank you to jjscud for organizing this. 😃
My first few hours done. I'm not reporting on my rune finds but I have found a few charms, the better of which are:

Natural Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x40d67608
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

Free to anyone who wants it (v1.11b, vanilla, SC)

And my first sighting of a same element Prefix/Suffix:

Smoking Small Charm of Burning
Required Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0xc3d679bc
Adds 13-25 fire damage

Which will be the trophy when I win (not) :laugh:
Just starting my runs now, good luck to my fellow competitors (although I don't really mean it :wink3: )
I ended up having to work all weekend getting ready to deploy to Iraq, but I will get a few hours in anyway. Here I go...
I finished my runs earlier today. I did find have some reasonable non-rune finds I can mention, including a couple of ok rare circlets and amulets, decent charms:

Captain's Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x8308dcc5
+1 to Maximum Damage
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

and some nice small charms: an 11%LR one, two 7%MF ones, a 10%FR one, a Toxic Small Charm of Sustenance and these two nice rings:

Chaos Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x61007f35
+13 to Energy
+29 to Life
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +20%
6% Life stolen per hit

Shadow Grasp
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x178b563e
+6 to Energy
Fire Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +21%
Cold Resist +22%
Poison Resist +9%
6% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +5
Sigh, I regret to inform everyone that I had a prior commitment tomorrow, so I actually lost about 24 hrs, but I already sent in my results... I'll probably be pretty low on the list, but it was fun, I'm looking forward to getting my HC CL/FO Sorc ready to run Countess (Rune Hunter) and hopefully the next Mini MFO that comes along, she will be able to participate (might do cows if she gets that far by the next MFO)

GL 2 All...

Aerwynd
Well, I can't resist. Just when I thought I was out. Damn you jjscud. 😃

I'm starting now 7:00am EST US time. I'll send my results tomorrow night. Hopefully, I'll be as lucky as I was last time around. But I doubt it. My CL/FO has a great LK map though.

GL forumites.
I started last night... and learned that as much fun as killing cows with LF is at first, it does take some practice. Next I learned that the increased stack size on Titans might be the most important mod for this task... and I haven't found a titans for my zon. 👅
My runs are going to be more diversified... some Arcane sanct, some LK with sorc. So far one shape shifting skiller (plain) and few runes, but another 48 hours to go still.😃

CB

I started last night. I'm running cows with my Zon (she does have titans).:laugh:

Have only found 2 runes so far and they are nothing to write home about sadly. But....the cows did drop a Lightsaber last night. In fact I only did 3 runs and found 3 golds. Which is sad considering I pretty much deMF'ed her for this rune hunt.

It's nice having her wiht very little MF. She is now hitting the last breakpoint for javilins and she is kicking some cow butt.

She has a bit of lighting damage to all on her and its so funny when a giant pack of hearded cows all moo in pain together.

@crazy_bear. I do have some extra titans laying around if you want, they are pretty low on the %damage I think, but if you want them just PM me.
Im only going to be able to have less than 50 hours, but i guess it wont hurt to participate anyway.
After several hours of getting no nice runes at all(the highest being ... - insert a semi-common rune here) i decided to change the equipment my sorc was using. I replaced skullders with a vipermagi, shako/ptopaz with shako/um and removed all resist charms from the backpack to be able to pick up more junk. I did a few rerolls to get another LK map, finally getting one with two bonfires, both pretty close to the WP.

Around five runs later i almost fell off the chair. I took a screenshot, saved and immediately did a backup of my savefolder. I started writing a message to sequana, realizing that i am forbidden to do that a few seconds later, thus cancelling the SMS. Well, i think i am no longer going to be at the bottom of the results list:tongue: My hands are still shaking...

I love LK.
krovak: Congrats on your Sur/Ber 😁

No matter how much I try, the better runes don't drop for me.

At least I got this:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x7376aff5
+40% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed
I'd say that jewel more than makes up for it, hope you've got some incredible item that deserves it:grin:

The runes won't drop for me either, but I still have a bit of time left, I might get lucky:tongue:
Hrus said:

At least I got this:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
+40% Enhanced Damage
Are you complaining:yikes:??

BTW, I'm sorry but I didn't have time for this tourney, there will be no results from me
Hrus said:

At least I got this:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
+40% Enhanced Damage
At least????:shocked: I've never found a jewel that would be even close to this. All jewels i keep finding are crafting stuff...
Hrus said:
At least I got this:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
+40% Enhanced Damage
Well, it may have some use...😆

If you don't need it, don't sell it to Charsi, I could take care of it :evil:
Hrus said:
At least I got this:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
+40% Enhanced Damage
Whatever. We all know Hrus is a hacker. 😁

:hide:

Now, go stick it in a cracked dagger for super uberness. :evil:
I've just finished and am happy with the results. As well as a rune or two I found a couple of +Skills Charms, some MF Charms and an Amulet that is missing +Skills but is not too bad:

Corruption Necklace
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x87f2b603
Fire Resist +12%
Lightning Resist +12%
Cold Resist +32%
Poison Resist +12%
Adds 1-4 cold damage over 2 seconds
7% Mana stolen per hit
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Now to placate my wife before I find a Divorce Scroll.
Still got time to go but I don't know how well I'm gonna do rune-wise... my fault for not putting in more time I guess. I did, however, get a SoJ and this, which I posted in the IFT as well but deserves a doublepost:

Bone Shank
Demonhide Boots

Defense: 33
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xab5840a7
Fire Resist +37%
Lightning Resist +32%
Cold Resist +38%
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery
@DarkChaos: These are probably the best boots i have ever seen. Big congrats.

I was lucky rune-wise today, but very unlucky finding skillers. Out of total 67 GCs only one was a skiller (plain necro P&B) and only one other was worth keeping(well i kept some more for rerolling). Last time i found ~20 GCs two of which were skillers.
I can't do that anymore. Sent my results. After my complaining about no-luck runewise (I know I shouldn't complain in the post with 40/15 jewel :rolleyes: ) I got few lucky rune drops too. (Until then I would have better results from running countess ... in NM :wink3: )

DC: Nice boots
That's all I have time for. Pretty disappointing this time around. Results sent.

Best thing I found:

Eschuta's Temper
Eldritch Orb
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 50
Durability: 15 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xabed6891
+21 to Energy
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
40% Faster Cast Rate
+11% to Fire Skill Damage
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage
Wow, amazing boots DC, congrats.
Wow, amazing jewel Hrus, congrats.

*cries*

I've finished, ran cows with like 10 LK runs thrown in somewhere. Rune drops were terrible, as expected. It wouldn't be my copy of D2 if they weren't.

Best find was probably this:

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 865
Durability: 48 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Unidentified
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x60f9b03c
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate

Sending results.
DarkChaos said:
Still got time to go but I don't know how well I'm gonna do rune-wise... my fault for not putting in more time I guess. I did, however, get a SoJ and this, which I posted in the IFT as well but deserves a doublepost:

Bone Shank
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 33
Durability: 7 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xab5840a7
Fire Resist +37%
Lightning Resist +32%
Cold Resist +38%
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Holy ****! Unbelievable
lachen said:
Best find was probably this:

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 865
Durability: 48 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x60f9b03c
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate
Not bad at all. I didn't know cows can even drop this. The odds must be ridiculous:rolleyes:
Results have been sent.

Not nearly as great as last time but considering the time spent this time around I shouldn't complain.

Best (non rune) finds.

Code:
Sacred Rondache
Defense: 143
Chance to Block:  48%
Smite Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 38 of 68
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 109
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x630f14f4
All Resistances +45

Snake's Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x826ac1a7
+15 to Life
+10 to Mana

Snake's Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x5afbdbdb
+10 to Mana
3% Faster Run/Walk

Shimmering Small Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0xf3badec7
+1 to Strength
All Resistances +5

Shimmering Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xef51a520
All Resistances +5

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc1eac5a7
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

10% Faster Cast Rate

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1681
Required Strength: 174
Required Level: 65
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x9bf5f778
+43 to Strength
+195% Enhanced Defense
+136 Defense
Damage Reduced by 23%
Indestructible

Lion Branded Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5f4e9b0c
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Thanks for hosting the MMFO jjscud, and thanks for competing to all the contestants.
Results sent.

The 34 hours I spent on actual running was divided between Cows and Izual only at a 1:5 ratio in time spent.

While I didn't expect anything with the recent collectings there was still room for a small surprise :badteeth:

I probably collected half a grail worth of normal/exceptional uniques, 3 facets, 1 highlords, 2 Spirit Keepers, 2/3 Cow Kings set and a good bunch Manalds/Nokozans and similar useless jewelry.

Oh, and this:

Expert's Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x5f3c7f22
+40 to Life
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

Edit:

Nearly forgot this, it's the first of it's kind in my pocket:

Scintillating Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x51c4b938
All Resistances +13
i got bored and not very motivated :p got distracted and got some trash lol

Very nice boots DC.

Finished last night, ~35 hours of running various areas for a very crappy result. Will send in the score when I get home from work.

Gratz to the winners :D
Sent in my results even though I've still got 3 and a half hours left to run if I want. Only did about 13-14 hours of running in total (all LK apart from half an hour or so of cows). I could've done more runs, but the complete lack of anything even remotely decent killed my motivation.

I just hope I don't come last:tongue:
Results sent. Better than last time, but definitely not a winner. Great weekend for me as far as jewels go. The best of what I found:

Jewels:

Code:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x3ce33590
+38% Enhanced Damage

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xb30eea6e
+34% Enhanced Damage

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xfd8de681
Fire Resist +21%

Realgar Jewel of Truth
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x60b95cde
+25% Enhanced Damage
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Vermilion Jewel of Truth
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x29740865
+14 to Maximum Damage
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Aureolic Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x4dd5c0f0
+3 to Mana After Each Kill

Ambergris Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x4a2df634
Lightning Resist +19%
Requirements -15%

Charms:

Code:
Lion Branded Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xa8d9fb16
+29 to Life
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x3004543a
24% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Burning Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf7cfd1a9
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Sparking Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe9eefa3e
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Trainer's Grand Charm of Flame
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xdc6efbe9
Adds 1-2 fire damage
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Trainer's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7e530bd6
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Emerald Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x87e272dd
Poison Resist +11%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0xf0a791a2
+17 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Ruby Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x3a4e512e
Fire Resist +11%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Other:

Code:
Beast Circlet
Tiara
Defense: 47
Durability: 22 of 25
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x416c9f2c
+26 to Strength
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +50%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 41
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6769bd9c
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
Damage Reduced by 19%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
6% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain

Spirit Keeper
Earth Spirit
Defense: 426
Durability: 14 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 104
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7f16c9e8
+179% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +36%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
20% Faster Hit Recovery
+10 Lightning Absorb
17% Cold Absorb

Chaos Band
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x781af714
+31 to Life
+1 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +11%
Lightning Resist +24%
Cold Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

Dread Circle
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x974d092d
+20 to Strength
+17 to Maximum Stamina
+49 to Attack Rating
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 4 Dim Vision (26/30 Charges)

Great Wyrm's Ring of the Apprentice
Fingerprint: 0xcb83ced6
+83 to Mana
10% Faster Cast Rate

Bitter Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xbb332c30
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Life
+16 to Mana
All Resistances +9
10% Faster Cast Rate

Arm of King Leoric
Tomb Wand
One-Hand Damage: 15 to 33
Durability: 8 of 8
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 36
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xbacd6b8b
10% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Raise Skeleton (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Terror (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Raise Skeletal Mage (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
10% Chance to cast Level 2 Bone Prison when struck
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Bone Spirit when struck
+1 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

And I finally shopped a pair of these:

Lancer's Gauntlets of Alacrity
Defense: 13
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 45
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x27290845
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

Found lots of crafting supplies and quite a few uniques, though no grailers. Ran LK for close to 24 hours, Cows for about 6, and Pindle for a a couple.
Results sent. Really did very badly, no luck at all with cows. Switched to LK and my luck stayed the same.
Results sent.

I must admit that I had quite great expectations (concerning runes) but my dreams did not come true. But this is my first participation in MFO so I'm proud of any result :cool:
......and after all it wasn't so bad for me.

Some useful items:

Chilling Grand Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0xdbf8c3f1
+4 to Strength
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Scintillating Ring of Chance
Required Level: 59
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x81b59997
All Resistances +15

Fortuitous Ring of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0xbddce9f4
36% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

@jjscud: thanks for organising this MFO

@krovak: congrats 👍

@all: congrats to nice items
Results sent... not much rune luck for me. Not much luck on items compared to the rest of you either... wow, some nice finds out there.

Best finds:

Occy, 5%res all SC, Trainers GC, +3Dmg/11AR Fine SC with +1 dex

CB
Ok, lots of the results are in but I'm still missing results from the following:

Deaddave
Drixx
Hoop76
jrlafrance
krovak
naab
Phosheez
ron

Remember, results are due in by midnight tonight (Monday) GMT. That's 8 hours from the time of this post.

EDIT: Ok, sorted through my spam folder. There results are really missing. Feel free to PM your results instead if you want.
I think Ron has gone to Iraq?
@tartanasia - that's no excuse. Slacker. 😁

When will you publish the results, jj? Just want to know when to start being embarressed :rolleyes:
Assuming i don't get a flood of email at the last second, I'll have the results up just after midnight GMT. That about 4 and a half hours from the time of this post.
No worries. I still have an hour to find something great:grin: I will send the results as soon as i'm finished.
:censored: I'll be asleep by then. I wonder if I should set my alarm :scratch:
@jjscud: Results sent. The last hour actually did earn me two more points:grin:. Please LMK when you receive.

I am considering staying awake for the results. It's GMT+1 here but anyway...:scratch:

Finally i have time for Green with Envy:tongue:
grr ... I just went questing through nm for an hour and managed to beat the score I submitted.
just sent my meager results :(
Sent my results in. Sorry for sending the results in so late, I've been having video card problems. Anyways, my results weren't as good as last time, but I'm still very pleased with them!

Here are some of my non-rune finds:

Skillers:
Code:
Acrobatic Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb28fdd74
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Burning Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x2361313b
+31 to Life
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Graverobber's Grand Charm of Greed
Fingerprint: 0x776932dd
16% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Grand Charms:
Code:
Bloody Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x19b54870
+3 to Minimum Damage
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Hibernal Grand Charm of the Glacier
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0x525eb758
Adds 16-27 cold damage over 2 seconds

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x41c8319e
+28 to Life
+54 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage

Steel Grand Charm of Greed
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xcafa30e6
+108 to Attack Rating
21% Extra Gold from Monsters

Large Charms:
Code:
Large Charm of Winter
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x364cdaf9
Adds 5-11 cold damage over 1 seconds

Small Charms:
Code:
Rugged Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0xd1a1c7a5
+6 to Maximum Stamina
Adds 1-23 lightning damage

Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xa12e00
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Jewels:
Code:
Jewel of Carnage
Required Level: 18
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x187f27b0
+15 to Maximum Damage

Pearl Jewel of Avarice
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0xaa06ecf
29% Extra Gold from Monsters
49% Damage to Undead
+42 to Attack Rating against Undead

Rusty Jewel
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xbe2646b0
+17% Enhanced Damage

Rusty Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x675c1805
+19% Enhanced Damage

Rusty Jewel of Joyfulness
Fingerprint: 0xb16f2991
+17% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage

Others:
Code:
Telling of Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8f7bf0b7
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +41%
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
+1 to All Skill Levels

Spike Thorn <---already posted in IFT
Blade Barrier
Defense: 362
Chance to Block:  40%
Smite Damage: 26 to 40
Durability: 74 of 255
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 70
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd0984fe2
+121% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
+250 Maximum Durability
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Attacker Takes Damage of 1 (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1: 0 used)

Infernostride <---already posted in IFT
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 96
Durability: 9 of 12
Kick Damage: 26 to 46
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x52eb67f7
+125% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 12-33 fire damage
47% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
20% Faster Run/Walk
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Blaze when struck

Baezil's Vortex
Knout
One-Hand Damage: 56 to 155
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Dexterity: 63
Required Strength: 72
Required Level: 45
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf203e7e7
+100 to Mana
+199% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +25%
Adds 1-150 lightning damage
150% Damage to Undead
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Nova on striking
Level 15 Nova (56/80 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Stormspike
Stiletto
One-Hand Damage: 47 to 90
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Dexterity: 97
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 41
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x67b8571
+150% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-120 lightning damage
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20
25% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck
+1 to Maximum Resist Damage (Based on Character Level)

The Atlantean
Ancient Sword
One-Hand Damage: 57 to 138
Durability: 33 of 144
Required Dexterity: **
Required Strength: 127
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xad3d27cf
+16 to Strength
+12 to Dexterity
+8 to Vitality
+221% Enhanced Damage
+75 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
50% Bonus to Attack Rating

Anyways, I only ran for about 24 hours (probably really only 5 hours of actual running), so I'm pretty pleased with these results! 😁
Done running. Better score than last rune hunt. I found 10-12 skillers and 5 or 6-7mf sc's. I saw way more gold uniques drop than i expected. All except tarnhelm and a ravenfrost were left on the ground. My best find non-rune is prolly a chilling gc of life, though I dont play sorcs so its not that great to me.

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Results:

Hrus
Sur Rune 29
Mal Rune 23
Fal Rune 19
Total: 71

krovak
Ber Rune 30
Lem Rune 20
Lem Rune 20
Totale: 70

Corrupted
Sur Rune 29
Pul Rune 21
Lem Rune 20
Total: 70

Atil
Ber Rune 30
Pul Rune 21
Ko Rune 18
Total: 69

Moar
Mal Rune 23
Pul Rune 21
Pul Rune 21
Total: 65

purplelocus
Vex Rune 26
Pul Rune 21
Lum Rune 17
Total: 64

jrlafrance
Lum Rune 17
Lum Rune 17
Sur Rune 29
Total: 63

hepcat
Mal Rune 23
Lem Rune 20
Fal Rune 19
Total: 62

nubikoen
Gul Rune 25
Fal Rune 19
Lum Rune 17
Total: 61

Ohomemgrande
Shael Rune 13
Um Rune 22
Vex Rune 26
Total: 61

naab
Pul Rune 21
Fal Rune 19
Fal Rune 19
Total: 59

jjscud
Ko Rune 18
Lem Rune 20
Lem Rune 20
Total: 58

Marvel
Ko Rune 18
Ko Rune 18
Pul Rune 21
Total: 57

DarkChaos
Lem Rune 20
Fal Rune 19
Ko Rune 18

Phosheez
Lem Rune 20
Lem Rune 20
Lum Rune 17

Deathmage
Lem Rune 20
Lum Rune 17
Ko Rune 18
Total: 55

grogs
Ko Rune 18
Ko Rune 18
Ko Rune 18
Total: 54

Aerwynd
Ko Rune 18
Ko Rune 18
Lum Rune 17
Total: 53

sequana
Ist Rune 24
Hel Rune 15
Shael Rune 13
Total: 52

mwints
Hel Rune 15
Io Rune 16
Lum Rune 17
Total: 48

Colony
Lum Rune 17
Dol Rune 14
Dol Rune 14
Total: 45

Crazy Bear
Dol Rune 14
Hel Rune 15
Io Rune 16
Total: 45

lachen
Lum Rune 17
Dol Rune 14
Shael Rune 13
Total: 44

Ron
Io Rune 16
Hel Rune 15
Shael Rune 13

Saucy
Hel Rune 15
Hel Rune 15
Dol Rune 14

Thyiad
Shael Rune 13
Shael Rune 13
Hel Rune 15
Total: 41

pwangsta
Shael Rune 13
Shael Rune 13
Sol Rune 12
Total: 38

Timinator
Hel Rune 15
Shael Rune 13
Ort Rune 9
Total: 37

HolyPade
Tal Rune 7
Ith Rune 6
Nef Rune 4
Total points: 17

Final high rune count:

Ber 2
Sur 3
Lo 0
Ohm 0
Vex 2
Gul 1
Ist 1
Mal 3
Um 1
Pul 7
Lem 10
Fal 6

A big congrats to Hrus, he been so close so many time.

@Hrus, trophy blahblahblah, you know the drill. 😁

@all, if you ran Lk and got runes out of the special chests, please head over there and share the details / screenies. I think we're getting close to nailing down the # possibilities of the higher runes and thus the real rarity from the special chests.

Didn't have any luck this time, oh well maybe next time around ^^

3 Sur's... damn you guys :/

Oh, and gratz to Hrus on the win. Well done and well deserved.

And, I accomplished my goal of beating grogs, who had just as little luck as I did.
Congrats Hrus 👍

Congrats to all above me 👍

Congrats to all below me 👍

Aerwynd

Congratulations Hrus, 3rd Sur eh? :)

A most astonishing January month for me, 4 high-runes? I'm almost at DC's level of luck.

Oh, here's The bugger by the way
Congrats to all the winners. (everyone who got a high rune :p ) And Hrus for the big win.

*barfs at the sight of them all*

Should be interesting to see the LK screenshots. Thanks for hosting, jjscud, was fun. :D
Big congrats, Hrus:thumbsup: (damn that was close:tongue:)

Thanks Jjscud for organising this awesome tourney and congrats to the finds everybody!

As for my runes, here are the screenies:

Ber, Lem 1, Lem 2

Not only was the Ber not from the superchest, it was from the stash i like the least! It takes forever to open it, but at least this is a proof that not only superchests deliver nicely:laugh:

Edit: Non-rune drops can be found in these 3 posts of the IFT: 1, 2, 3.
interesting, the first Lem matches an existing recorded drop.
Wow, lots of great finds, runes and some amazing charm and jewel finds as well! That is a lot of high runes so congratulations to everyone!
I need a Lower Kurast runner. 😁

I'm curious, how many runs did everyone do for this mini-MFO?
Did everyone in the top 3 do LK runs? I did Cows and WSK with a few Shenks etc thrown in.

Congratulations to all and thanks to jj for organizing this.
Nice finds! Congrats Hrus! Well-deserved win.

I didn't count my total runs. But I have to think 100 or so. About 3-4 hours of time including cubing, searching through all the gold, IDing charms and jewels.

~30 pgems from the haul after the cubing. I also know I went from 0 gold to her limit of 800,000 (or could be 810-820; can't remeber now) 7 or 8 times picking up the gold to search for the runes.
I have a question. I never did LK runs until this tourny. If you find a good map is it better to run it over and over or is it better to refresh the map each run?

And Congrats to the winners. At least I didn't finish dead last !
Wow that is quite an imporessive haul:shocked:. Congratulations everyone. Not to mention Hrus gets a Sur rune to go with his perfect Ruby Jewel of Fervor.

Anyone else notice the lack of Lo and Ohm from the table:scratch: Matches up with the theory that they aren't dropped by LK Superchests.

@nubikoen and sequana, Did you guys happen to find those in LK Superchests? Because there is also evidence that these runes cannot be dropped as well.
Saucy said:
I have a question. I never did LK runs until this tourny. If you find a good map is it better to run it over and over or is it better to refresh the map each run?

And Congrats to the winners. At least I didn't finish dead last !
As with most runs, speed rules. Having said that, its always faster with a map you know and even faster if you take a bit of time to find a good map.
Brak said:
@nubikoen and sequana, Did you guys happen to find those in LK Superchests? Because there is also evidence that these runes cannot be dropped as well.
I found an Ist from LK Superchests during the last mini-MFO. If upl.silentwhisper ever comes back online you'll be able to see the full screenshot, otherwise this little snippet is as close as I can get unless the SS is stored somewhere I can't remember. (very unlikely)

I could be wrong and it might have been from a normal object but I'm almost certain it was from a superchest.
Is it possible that there is a slght difference between 1.10 and 1.11? I know that Marvel's Ber drop also does not match that other recorded Ber drops and he is also 1.10.
Congrats to Hrus for the win! I believe I read in the '06/'07 thread that one of your goals was to win more tourneys! This is a great start to that.

Anyways, here are my results (not posted in the LK thread yet):

Lum

Lum

Sur

I'm pretty pleased with these results. Oly a tad over 100 runes (I had video card problems, and had to buy a new one today). I did find a Sur last MFO also! We should do these more often!! :rolleyes:
A questions for those who ran the LK superchests:

How do you get through the massive stacks of items quickly to see if there are any runes? It seems often 20+ items including stacks of gold are showing up so much of it can't be read. I found sorting through the items took up precious time, slowing down runs. And how fast is a good run for you, 30 seconds, 1 minute? It really seems getting through a large number of chests must be the key.

CB
You click to get through the items. It's good to have an inventory almost free of charms and minimal gold so that everything you click you pick up and the items get sorted fast.
A big congratz to Hrus, very well deserved :)

DarkChaos said:
And, I accomplished my goal of beating grogs, who had just as little luck as I did.
Yep no luck for us :(
Ha, I won, unbelievable! I didn't expect that.

Here are my complete rune results:
33 Tal Rune
17 Ral Rune
15 Ort Rune
17 Thul Rune
12 Amn Rune
12 Sol Rune
9 Shael Rune
5 Dol Rune
1 Hel Rune
3 Io Rune
1 Lum Rune
1 Fal Rune
1 Mal Rune
1 Sur Rune

254 Perfect gems...

for Trophy, Rune Master again?
Brak said:
No, I found all of my runes in the cow level. I had hoped to be as fortunate as last time, but no Jah for me :rolleyes:

All in all I'm very pleased with the results compared to time spent (~13 hours).

Congrats to the new ber/sur/vex owners (and the rest of the bunch as well.) And huge congrats to Hrus on the perfect jewel and overall win / DC on the very very very very close to perfect boots.
Hrus said:
for Trophy, Rune Master again?
Nicholaa's Rune Master
Ettin Axe
'ElElElElEl'
One-Hand Damage: 172 to 349
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x46d89dcb
+253% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5 to Light Radius
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

Sending this one to jjscud.

Some more statistics from me. I spent roughly 20 hours in total and was doing LK exclusively. I rerolled the map quite often(each ~10 runs), the first run being always a "full clear". When i liked some map a lot, i kept running it longer(~50-100 runs). Altogether it was 400 runs, some of which were fast(only superchests + a few other objects), but mostly i was tempted to click on everything. That paid off, the Ber rune comes from a shabby stash, 2 or 3 screens far away from the common route between superchests. The complete rune yield looks like this(i also pick up Nef for crafting, then Tal and above):

Ber 1x
Lem 2x
Ko 2x
Lum 1x
Io 4x
Hel 3x
Dol 8x
Shael 10x
Sol 5x
Amn 6x
Thul 13x
Ort 17x
Ral 18x
Tal 27x
Nef 27x

Beside that i cubed roughly 200 pgems and accumulated around 10 million gold(mostly picking up gold to clear the screen for better view, with occasional selling items to Ormus).
@krovak I am surprised you bother clicking those slow opening stashes. I usually skip them because I waste time waiting for the drop. But it seems it was worth it for you :wink3: .
Also I am surprised you rerolled the map a lot. I did it too, but I tried to get a Monarch rack (which I didn't manage). Finally I kept the map which had quite close camp fires, one rack was dropping Sacred Targes and there was a shrine close to other camp fire - that helped with few gem upgrades.

@Corrupted: yes, 3rd Sur. I am still not decided between CoH and Beast, but with the 3rd, I think I will go for Bramble. I allways wanted to build an usamahamancer.

EDIT: Congrats to all. Some findings are really nice.
DC, grogs, Marv: what about running LK next time? :scratch:
Big congrats to all!

(Nice to see that first two places is for the Czech Republic - little country in the middle of Europe...............I know this is not important:wink3: )

Brak said:

It was in LK normal chest not superchest http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lkchestistmj7.jpg
I found an Ist rune from a superchest some time ago, will post screenie when I get home.
Hrus said:
DC, grogs, Marv: what about running LK next time? :scratch:
I think you may have something there Hrus:smiley: Between the 3 of us it was well over 100 hours of cow killing for not much to show at all.
Hrus said:
@krovak I am surprised you bother clicking those slow opening stashes. I usually skip them because I waste time waiting for the drop. But it seems it was worth it for you :wink3: .
I usually try to click some other objects in the meantime while the stash is opening. But there is always something telling you "there is a Ber inside" or "you are going to miss something nice if you skip it"😃. I must admit however, that most other nice rune drops came from the superchests - that was 2x Lem, 2x Ko, a Lum and 2 Io IIRC.

As for the rerolling - i enjoyed exploring the whole area while clicking on hundreds of various objects - i find it much more entertaining than repeating a short sequence like a machine(even though it is maybe a bit more efficient).

And by the way - good luck rolling your bramble. I personally would be scared a bit - the quality of this runeword can vary a lot and i am one of the worst runeword rollers on these forums:tongue:

P.S. Congrats to Atil - he's got the highest cube value of the runes.
Gratz Hrus

I did actually play 40h+ this weekend and only cows ofc... ive been consider LK for a long time but i dont really need ber and those runes below.

Im trying to cube a zod so area would be ideal.
shouldn't you be working Marvel :p
Congrats with all the high rune finds. 👍

My Mal drop fits with the listed LK drops, the Puls were different, I believe. I'll post the screenshots over there later when I'm at the D2 comp.

I didn't run as much as others as I thought it was quite boring, maybe 15 hours altogether. I had a nice map though. The 2 campfires were right next to each other.
@Hrus, stash received and added to the trophey case.

@Everyone, thanks for participating.

Actually, while I'm here I will announce the next target. The River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary. I'm announcing this ahead of time because these can be tough areas to run so this will give you some time to make sure you have a runner and a strategy, if you want of course. Expect this one sometime in March or first thing in April.

Hope to see everyone in an MFO in Feburary.
Nice finds everyone and congratulations to Hrus.

Here's my Um from a superchest and my Vex from a regular stash.

I'm finding that as I start to find high runes, the temptation for RWM grows stronger. Still, I have enough non-RWM words to make that I can put that decision off for some time.

Maybe I'll make Heart of the Oak with this Vex...any other ideas??
THE MFO?
It's time for a signup thread. NOW! :badteeth:
Yep, I hope it fits atleast some of my holidays, otherwise I won't be able to defend my alvl 85 title :badteeth:
Thanks to jjscud for hosting, congratulations to Hrus for winning and everyone who found something.

I exclusively ran LK. 720 runs, 3 chests = 2160 chests opened. 136 runes found which is roughly one rune every sixteen openings.

My results:
23 El
15 Eld
17 Tir
11 Nef
13 Eth
9 Ith
7 Tal
3 Ral
9 Ort
6 Thul
5 Amn
4 Sol
5 Shael
2 Dol
1 Io
3 Lum
1 Ko
1 Pul. (I picked up the Rune before I remembered the LK Superchest thread. The items match those found with other Pul drops)
1 Ber

All runes from Io upwards match previously reported drop patterns.
Hrus: I'm the same as Marvel. If I ran LK I'm sure I would have come up with some higher runes but I'm after a Jah so cows might be a better choice. Not to mention it was a nice change of pace...

scud: RoF sounds excellent, been wanting to perfect a runner for that area for a while but with the constant baaling for the 99s it's been hard. I'd love to make a bowazon that could efficiently run it but I'm not sure how, especially without RWM. About a full MFO: That could be great, or absolutely terrible. I'm very busy till the 16th (mostly - exams and such) but after that I'd be able to join. Ah well, I don't think I'll do as well as I did last MFO anyways, maybe I'd rather keep my 100% win rate :wink3:

EDIT: And, big thanks to scudz0r for hosting, a top notch job as always. 👍
Congrats Hrus :winner:, nice results there, and congrats to everyone that managed such good rune finds. 👍

@DarkChaos, thanks for the tip, I'll clear my sorc's inventory and see if I can speed up those runs... it would sure be nice to find a few of those runes...

CB
Even if I don't participate I get into the hall of fame. gg hrus 😃
Nikolaa's, not Nikolaas'. Close, but no cigar!
The character was named after Sint, but it's a sorc, so I skipped the last s. So yes, I think Sint is right :wink3: .
D'oh!! :duh: :duh:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High