Mini-MFO VIII (The Rune Hunt) [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on July 10, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mini-MFO VIII (The Rune Hunt)

Short, short version of rules:
Find runes, keep the goods! This weekend!

The rules:

1- Start whenever you want and end 60 hours later (2 1/2 days).
Examples:
Start 8:00 AM Thursday, End 8:00 PM Saturday
Start Noon Friday, End Midnight Sunday
Start 7:59 PM Monday, End 7:59 AM Wednesday
Start 19:59 Monday, End 7:59 Wednesday

NOTE: The deadline for submitting the results by midnight (23:59) Monday the 17th GMT is very firm so you should start no later than Saturday the 15th

2- No subscription fee! The winner will add to the Mini-MFO trophey case. I'm planning a fancier webbased trophey case in the near future.

3- This is a general rune hunt. The only restriction are targets that have highly altered rune drops. These are quest drops (only hellforge and Ral-Ort-Tal from Act V) and the Countess.

4- Do Not post your findings prior to the ending.

5- When it is over, send to jjscud at yahoo.com the following:

- Your forum name. (PLEASE!!)
- Character info (class, build, level).
- ATMA readings of thy 3 highest runes. Similar to the the proposed trading rules, screenshot anything Ist and higher while its still on the ground. (Hit print screen while holding alt)
- Total points, added properly as explained below.

5.1- Results MUST be sent by midnight Monday the 17th GMT.

6- The competitor who gets the highest score wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item). Scores are determined by the top three scores.

6.1- If a tie occurs, top rune wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if you prefer.

8- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

9. Scoring:

El 1
Eld 2
Tir 3
Nef 4
Eth 5
Ith 6
Tal 7
Ral 8
Ort 9
Thul 10
Amn 11
Sol 12
Shael 13
Dol 14
Hel 15
Io 16
Lum 17
Ko 18
Fal 19
Lem 20
Pul 21
Um 22
Mal 23
Ist 24
Gul 25
Vex 26
Ohm 27
Lo 28
Sur 29
Ber 30
Jah 31
Cham 32
Zod 33

10. Remeber that this is just for fun. If you are a but unsure of your rune hunting prowess, feel free to enter, do whatever runs (or full clears for once) you would normally do (pindle, meph etc...) and just keep track of the runes.

Mini-MFO Trophey Case

From ~DarkChaos~ in the Baal Mini-MFO

DarkChaos' Isenhart's Case
Breast Plate
Defense: 106
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 8
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x9b509ed4
+40 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

From Tracul's win in the Cow hunt

Daffy's Cow King's Horns
War Hat
Defense: 122
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x7536e57c
+75 Defense
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
35% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Half Freeze Duration

From shleefin's win in the Hell SoJ hunt

Scintillating Jewel of Freedom
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x4e12151c
All Resistances +15
Requirements -15%

From jrlafrance win in the NM SoJ hunt

Lowest_Levelist's Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 97 to 128
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0xd632ed85
+182% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
6% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on attack

From Wicket's win in the Anti-Pits

WICKET's Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 136 to 158
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd45c19ff
+268% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +62 Damage
160% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

Last edited:
nebux present with LK, Arcane Sanctuary and Act 5 hell chest poping:laugh: runs all made by Kotys full light sorc
EDIT: i R n00b
I guess that i will join this tornament... I have finally decided that I will join a tournament and I have finally found one that has just started, so this will be my first. I am entering with my LF/FA hybrid amazon, my only char capable of running anywhere worthwhile. I will probably only run the LK and see how I end up doing.
jjscud said:
ATMA readings of thy 3 highest runes
Shakespeare!

This is a sign. I have the following 2 days off from work and nothing to do!
Fate is allowing me to join.

EDIT: Count me out. I havent the resources.
nebux said:
nebux present with LK, Arcane Sanctuary and Countess runs all made by Kotys full light sorc
jjscud said:
3- This is a general rune hunt. The only restriction are targets that have highly altered rune drops. These are quest drops (only hellforge and Ral-Ort-Tal from Act V) and the Countess.
Silly nebux! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I'll have the time right now. Will wait till later in the week to decide.
Uh, yeah. Ricrestroni originaly did the whole ruleset in shakespearese. I kept it up at first, then had a half and half mess and finally rewrote almost everything but must have missed that.

Added Note: You must declare your intention to run here in this thread before you start.
I am in as allways.
I will probably run only LK, so I hope that 3 Bers will be enough for victory :badteeth:

EDIT: and remember don't burn out, there will be a summer MFO soon!
I think im gonna try out my moomoo luck:smiley:
I think I'll be hunting cows too. I need jewels and charms as well, so their leathery hides should turn out profitable. Now, the real question is whether I should go out with my Blizz sorc or my Lightning Zon...
So 33 El's equals a Zod?

*raises eyebrow*
Pushkin the sorc, ready for rune finding duty, Sir!
No idea where. I will let you know when I decide.
I will not participate in this one waiting for the summers MFO but I'm with kefir on this one, 3 sols would beat a Zod, even though it's only for fun I guess the pointsystem should be different, although it will be hard to get the exact correct point system there should be a higher value for the higher runes

DX
Pooncer wants to play! Fear his mighty Cleglaw's tooth. (It gives me an excuse to keep pushing him through hell this weekend.)

Edit: I like the scoring as it is. It's less likely to have things turn ugly if a Zod rune doesn't automatically win the game.
The rune scoring was fairly deliberate. I did pick 4 or 5 sets of possible rune finds, decided how I would like to see them ordered, and then applied the scoring to them and it worked out quite well.

The main goal was to balance out a boatload of dumb luck.

Furthermore, anyone caught complaining after finding a Zod and 2 Els and losing to someone with 3 Shaels will be drawn and quartered, virtually of couse.
But now it's only a matter of counting Els, and that is pretty menial as well. There is bound to be a compromise. Perhaps classify runes in tiers, for example: El-Amn, Thul-Lem, Pul-Mal, Ist-Lo, Sur-Zod. Not saying this is the one solution, but just the idea, anyways, you'll get it :p

I'll skip on this tourney, as I've blown my only MFer on LK already, still regrouping for the MFO. I wish all participants good luck!
In in.

I think i will be using my Bliz sorc this time around.

Just to clarify, are we required to specify the areas we will be running? or can we run any number of areas as we see fit?
nepeta said:
But now it's only a matter of counting Els, and that is pretty menial as well.
You only have to be able to count to three...:wink3:
Athalus the Hammerdin is in providing he finishes the last Hundred Ancient tunnel runs
I guess I'm in this one also... but I doubt I'll be seriously rune running. In the course of my /players1 Pindle runs for my remaining grail items, maybe I'll get lucky, or everybody will get unlucky! Will also try do some some areas maybe on P8 to see if I can come up with anything. Good luck to all participants!

P.S. I have to say I'm a bit worried about this one, and I'll admit that I'll be suspicious if someone not of high regard on the forum claims a Zod.
If its not a problem jjscud, I would like to ask if I could start earlier in the week, like the last MMO. If that is not a problem, then I will start on Wednesday, but I'll announce when I start, so its official!

Not a problem
Sweet, just wanted to make sure! Lowest_Levelist will be running cows and LK! meteorb sorc with around 400%MF.
I'm in,

Cleo the LF Zon will run the Moo-Moo farm 'til she can't stand it any more this weekend.

*Grumbles something about losing to DC twice in a row*
Ive got the next three days off so why not. I'll be running pindle with lvl 91 Skeletor. If that gets boring i'll do something else.
I really want to join but this week would be my busiest week ever before summer holiday. I guess I'll catch up next time.
I'll be joining up, starting this weekend (maybe friday evening even...)

Exclusively hunting for cow hides.
grogs said:
I'm in,

Cleo the LF Zon will run the Moo-Moo farm 'til she can't stand it any more this weekend.

*Grumbles something about losing to DC twice in a row*
As I said, I'm doubtful of this one. Expecting to scrape together a few mid-level runes.
I'll start this weekend too, running AS, I shall win! :lol:
Coolies. Cows here we come.
I have an LF zon who is tempting me to enter. I don't expect to be remotely competive but I have two questions about rules:

1) I have a stash of a couple hundred Wirt's Legs left over from earlier projects. Can I use those to make cows or do I need to fetch the leg myself each time?

2) If I have to fetch the leg each time, I'll reroll the Stony Field map repeatedly to get a favorable one for leg-fetching. Does that count as time towards the tourney or is that "prep time" that doesn't count?
Ah... my entention, my intention is to continue my project of 1000 AS run (185 runs so far, didn't enter it to SPF elite runner since I don't think I'll be consistent enough to finish it), and secondly I want to be a tourney winner (my last one was MFO at meph category). I shall win!

-sal
I'm in.

Gonna play with a variety of characters.

My teslafroster will do full act 5 clears.
Blizzer will do pindle/wsk-baal/cows/lk
Whirlerbarb will clear act 3/pits.
If I get my javazon through to hell baal, I'll promote her to queen of the cows.
I'll take a shot at this one. I always wanted to participate in an MFO and this is as good a start as any.

I'll be going from 6:00pm EST 07/14/06 through 6:00am EST 07/17/06

No specific areas; will just be questing with my Meteorb. She's level 55 now. So she will be going from Act III NM to however far I get her in that time. I will be sure NOT to include the Hell-forge, Barb, or Countess drops. 👍
Oh, I might as well. I will be "working" several doubles this week, and that is really my only D2 time, so I could in theory get some good time in. Have never really done much rune hunting, but can't imagine I would like LK. Seems more monotonous than regular MFing. Have heard good things about Pindle, and can pick up some grailers on the way, hopefully.
purplelocust said:
I have an LF zon who is tempting me to enter. I don't expect to be remotely competive but I have two questions about rules:

1) I have a stash of a couple hundred Wirt's Legs left over from earlier projects. Can I use those to make cows or do I need to fetch the leg myself each time?

2) If I have to fetch the leg each time, I'll reroll the Stony Field map repeatedly to get a favorable one for leg-fetching. Does that count as time towards the tourney or is that "prep time" that doesn't count?
2. This one is easy, map hunting type prep time doesn't count towards your running time as long as its done before hand. (i.e. you can't pause you time mid MFO to find a new map).

1. I don't like the feel of this as getting wirts leg is part of the process of opening a cow portal to me. Finding a good map is fine but completing part of the run prior to the start just doesn't sound right.
I was just noticed that part about showing the code in ATMA readout, and i was wondering, if I play on Mac, and don't have ATMA, can I still participate in this torny?

I promise not to find a zod... :)
Yes, sorry, I used to have a note stating that mac players can still play. Just do what you can.
jjscud said:
2. This one is easy, map hunting type prep time doesn't count towards your running time as long as its done before hand. (i.e. you can't pause you time mid MFO to find a new map).

1. I don't like the feel of this as getting wirts leg is part of the process of opening a cow portal to me. Finding a good map is fine but completing part of the run prior to the start just doesn't sound right.
OK, no problem, that's why I was asking! I'll find a good map before getting going and I'll grab the leg each time. It may even be faster than muling in with ATMA, since my main cow zon has good FRW. A month ago or so I was running the normal Cow King for TC3 uniques/sets (which was much more effective than I thought it would be) and I still have a big stash of Hell Wirt's Legs that I gathered in a mindless haze of leg runs with a FCR tele sorc. For that project, when I was actually making cows it was MP and the map was changing every time anyway so the investment of making a big pile of legs with the fixed map beforehand paid off more in that case.

(Yes, I know I could have gotten normal Wirt's legs for the Cow King runs, but the hell legs have more versitality...)
level ** Blizzard sorcy reporting for duty. Its been a while since I've done any Durance runs, so I think I'll give that a go.
I'll join as well. Will alternate w/level 96 Blizzy and lvl 94 LFzon.

Sign me up, probably LK, cows and AS with a lite sorc and a LF zon
Change of plans, my level 95 Blizzy will not be participating. Instead my level 87 Straferzon will run the pits this weekend.
Whoever wins this Mini-MFO should send a Rune Master Ettin Axe as trophy :-D
Haha, yeah, I actually had that in mind if I were to win. I dont really see that happening but that weapon is certainly fitting.
Well, I finally found a map that has two fire rings! Next to the fire rings, there are two huts that have sparkly chests in them. One hut has two chests, and the other has one, and a weapon rack. Next to the hut with two chests in it is an armor rack. So, this gives me 6 sparkly chests, 2 armor racks, and 2 weapon racks! The whole circuit takes me about 1 minute, if I don't have to sort through the drops, and I don't kill any monsters. Pretty sweet setup. You guys better watch out!

My time will start officially today at lunch, and run through to Friday night, midnight. Good luck everyone!

Q: I've noticed that the racks drop certain items pretty frequently. If run often enough, will they eventually drop unique/set items like earlier versions?
Yeah, probably, unless the unique edition's qlvl is too high?
This one time, at band camp (read Durance 3), I found a Shaftstop from an armor rack.
Where can I find the TC value for sparkly chests in LK?
My completely unscientific response:

I know I've got several tc72 items from chests in LK. I do have a tc 75 item recorded but it is slightly possible its a monster drop instead of a chest.

I'm fairly certain i've never seen any of the tc 78 item types drop from Lk runs.
My question was asked incorrectly. What I meant to ask was the TC of the racks. Anyone know?
Just to clarify... the runes cannot be cubed, only drops count, am I correct in thinking so?
[/trashtalk]
I've prepared for my victory and I guarantee anybody who is not running either cows or AS can't beat me:evil:
[/trashtalk]

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 120 to 240
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xe56d4e3
+265% Enhanced Damage <-- near perfect
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (5: 0 used)

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 156 to 316
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8eb0571f
+220% Enhanced Damage <-- terrible roll
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 0 used)

I once have a perfect ethereal Rune master which was handed to 30-30. Now of these two which one is more appropriate as the throphy? What should I rename/personalize it?
Umm salvo, you need to give it to me so I can personalize it! Duh! :rolleyes:
What are the popular locations for rune drops?

Lower Kurest, Cows and... ?

Or is it simply full clear of level 85 areas?

Edit: Another question. I've just skimmed through the rune finder's guide and I can't find any info on the highest rune possible from LK superchests. So what's the highest rune you can thief from those chests?
I'd join in with my hammerdin, but I'm busy all weekend :<

Any way to extend the time limit one week more since not all of us are able to fit in 60 hours in 5 days ish.

If not, goodluck to all the participants and may your drops be runes ^^
@mtzang: max rune drops were in 1.09:
A5- Zod
A4- Cham+Jah
A3- Ber+Sur
A2- Lo+Ohm

In 1.10, drops from monsters were improved according to their monster level (Pit monster can drop a Zod), but chests remained the same. So you can get Ber at maximum from LK chests.
Haha salvo my runemaster is better:D

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 157 to 318
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x601f82ba
+222% Enhanced Damage
Cannot Be Frozen

Tho i doubt ill win this one - Cows arent droppin any runes(besides els ofcause) even tho im playing on p7:(
ISO: eth Rune master with 270%ed and 5os 😁

I've started today, the limit is 60 hours right? I'm running AS with a leet pure light sorc. The result so far is:

24 runes
16 jewel all crap
3x skiller : shapeshifting, natural, sparky
1x shimmering gc 13%
1x vita sc 20
1x steel sc of something i cant recall

be affraid ya all... :evil:
I didn't think I could join because I mixed up the time in my head, but as I was wrong, I'm in with asdf_Joan for another try!
Thanks again jjscud for hosting! 😁
As usual, her target will be the WS K + big B ☀️
While I'm not sure whether I can get in a sizeable amount of playtime, I'll join nonetheless.
In the name of science, I'll run with my destructozon. She started out as a witchy, but Baal's generosity in the previous MMFO combined with a ring of strength turned her into a (wind)force to be reckoned with.

My area of expertise will be the Flayer Jungle, run at /P7.

Equip: Windforce, Razortail, Guillaume's Face, Highlord's Wrath, Gore Rider, Treachery Archon, Laying of Hands (golden against flayers!).

Total %double damage (deadly+critical) --> around 75%
Total strafe damage with might merc --> 480-3678
Total IAS --> 125%
Total MF --> absolutely zip-no-nada-nothing-nein-zilch-nyet-null.
Greys for teh win, as they say on the Net of Battle.
Total resists --> poor, until the armor makes her Fade.

Fools, you must submit a socket 3 Rune Master with your three highest runes found! :badteeth:

Anyway, I might aswell join for the heck of it!

I'm going to be using my lightning sorc for the LK, Sewers and AS. I might also drag out my Hammerdin running Pits.
Bugzy said:
I'd join in with my hammerdin, but I'm busy all weekend :<

Any way to extend the time limit one week more since not all of us are able to fit in 60 hours in 5 days ish.

If not, goodluck to all the participants and may your drops be runes ^^
Sorry, I can't extend the time limit.

As for me, I guess I should make an official entry.

I'm in of course. I plan to run the flayer jungle, but my runner that I hope to use just reached Hell so we'll see how tonight goes. I'll also have a javazon for cows and an LK runner on standby.
I'd like to enter with my LF javazon, BovineBurster.
DarkChaos said:
Just to clarify... the runes cannot be cubed, only drops count, am I correct in thinking so?
If I'm not mistaken, it rune finds, not rune cubes. But of course, jjscud has the final say.
Doesn't cubing runes lower your score?? -.-
Example:
3 els = 3 points
Cubed to eld = 2 points
yeah, but if you found 4 Los, you could keep 2 and cube the other 2 to Sur for +1 point :laugh:
asdfgah said:
Doesn't cubing runes lower your score?? -.-
Example:
3 els = 3 points
Cubed to eld = 2 points
If you only find three runes, yes. Remeber, its the top three runes found. Only your top three runes count and they must be found, not cubed.

Ok, just a side contest, if anyone (even second place) can beat the winners score by cubing the runes they found, I'll give them a Windforce (RRM/RWM, or any other non-grail item that I have). Only the highest score counts, i.e. if two people can beat the top score then only the highest get the Windforce.
Aha now I get it..
Misunderstood the scoring :badteeth::banghead:
RKC said:
Athalus the Hammerdin is in providing he finishes the last Hundred Ancient tunnel runs
Change of plans I will use my newly mat'ed Metro/orb mekare And i will be running act 5 and Pindleskin

i will Start Friday 14th 01:00am (GMT) and Finish 1:00 pm (GMT) Monday 17th hope thats right my maths is a little fuzzy

Good luck everyone
A bit off, that would but the end date Sunday at 1:00 PM.

@all, sorry, I really planned to have an online end time calculator up for this mini-mfo. It will be there by the next one.
Well, I still have approx. 2 hours left and have ran pindle 2000 times in the past 58 hours. Don't think i'll be running anymore before time expires. He's been stingy to say the least, to be honest he's been downright awful on drops. Anyway, good luck to everyone competing. I think I'm gonna give him a rest for a couple days and go back to running meph maybe.
asdfgah said:
Aha now I get it..
Misunderstood the scoring :badteeth::banghead:
Oh my... me too misunderstood the scoring system, I thought we will sum up all of the found runes! NO........
Right, work fini - time to see if I can catch DC
List of participants:
nebux
StealthBlade
Hrus
Naab
DeePee
Thyiad
Cattleya
DeadBob
RKC
DarkChaos
jrlafrance
grogs
Phosheez
sawm
salvo
OCAU_MIKLE
purplelocust
nubikoen
mwints
Gabriel74
Steven Q Urkel
hepcat
Skinny
asdfgah
AJK
Corrupted

quite huge!
You can add me to the list
Add me please... Gonna do some cows... gl all
Still 10 hours to go on my timer and I've already played much, much more than I expected, and got much, much luckier than I expected. Watch out people, I hope you'll all be running at least 30 hours or so ^^

I still expect someone to get really lucky and find a couple of Bers though.
jjscud said:
A bit off, that would but the end date Sunday at 1:00 PM.

@all, sorry, I really planned to have an online end time calculator up for this mini-mfo. It will be there by the next one.
Ok thanks jjscud tole you my maths is Fuzzy
"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Flayer sleeps tonight..."

I started 45 minutes ago and made three jungle runs, one death.
I had a flying start, and I hope my luck will continue like that (bloodly unlikely).

*Off to skewer more little demons*
My start was awful. I tried 2 different approaches, one of them turned out much worse than I expected (running Sewers 2 on good map). I am going to try cows now...

I will be adoping my usual play style. Wandering around aimlessly. I will avoid the areas specified but won't actually be running one specific area.

Time started at noon, but I was at work, so I guess my time runs from now to midnight Sunday/Monday. May the force be with me.
Well, I guess I killed the king :rolleyes:
LK runs it is then. :soapbox:
DarkChaos said:
Still 10 hours to go on my timer and I've already played much, much more than I expected, and got much, much luckier than I expected. Watch out people, I hope you'll all be running at least 30 hours or so ^^

I still expect someone to get really lucky and find a couple of Bers though.
With your luck D_C, I would expect that lucky person to be you!
/withdraws (see item find thread)
@Hrus do us a favor and bann that hax00r (DarkChaos)
i think that i'll start now
Come on, it's not that bad... with this many competitors it's a game of chance, and while playing a lot of the 60 hours (looking close to 30 now) helps, each person in part still just has a low chance of winning. Guess I'm just a lucky bastid? :rolleyes:
I'm gonna start my timer now. So 4:30pm EST 07/14/06 to 4:30am EST 07/17/06.

Will probably use a few characters.
Starting now, Friday-Saturday midnight GMT+2. I probably won't play after sunday anymore, but I'll be running Pits with my lvl 92 Meterorb Sorc with ~400 MF. My primary goal is of course the runes, but I also have a secondary goal which is to get at least 5 grailers.

I'll be sure to post a report of my runs when I feel like I'm finished! (or when the 60 hours are up)
Sorry to see a forumite withdraw from a tourney based on and "unlucky" feeling. I know that my expectations coming in were not as high as I've found so far, so you never know!
It was a combination of that and the fact that I was going to use this as an excuse to level my hybridzon but I've lost interest in her and I would rather work on other projects. Plus I'm sure that if I had continued for the sake of competition I would be handing in something like 3* Dol. The mf gods would not allow anything else.
I think I mis read the rules. Is the deadline sunday night/monday morning or monday night/tuesday morning? If it is the latter I will start after work tomorrow.
/me confused
I sent in my score.
I didn't quite make the full 60 hours but I won't have more playing time before the deadline.

I'm VERY satisfied with my results. :flip:
It was way better than I had ever dared hope for.
Final list of participants:

aitrus
AJK
asdfgah
Cattleya
Corrupted
DarkChaos
DeadBob
DeePee
Gabriel74
grogs
hepcat
Hrus
jantia
jrlafrance
mwints
Naab
nebux
nubikoen
OCAU_MIKLE
Phosheez
purplelocust
RKC
salvo
sawm
Skinny
StealthBlade
Steven Q Urkel
Thyiad

Thanks Hrus for putting the list together

Its monday night/tuesday morning.
Well it's done for me. Results sent to jjscud, and eagerly awaiting the results 😃

Uneventful last few hours... played about 35 hours in all :shocked: so now I can finally rest up for the full MFO when it is coming. Phew, I did not expect to play this long... I ended up getting addicted to LK once I started. Very good rune drops, I think, though I'm not sure it will be enough to win. Good luck to everyone else still running!
I can only hope and pray to match/ catch up to you DarkChaos! One hour and 44 minutes left for me. The final flury of runs begins...
Man, I thought I had some pretty good rune luck but now you guys have me pretty worried. I think for pindle my rune luck was great but.....I probably wont stand a chance against those that ran areas that arent nearly as stingy with the runes ie. LK, cows, etc..
OK, I'm done! The forum has been very difficult to get onto for the past 25 minutes or so. :cry:

I'm VERY happy with my results during this short MFO. If I don't win, I think I win with the most runes found! (149). Good luck to the rest of you finishing up, or just starting!
Resuslts sent.I got VERY lucky wiht one find but my other 2 are 2 low scoring to challange the top five:/ But we will see.
10 hours left for me, the results quite dissappointing so far (96 runes)
did about 250 LK runs with poor results few runes, no skillers, crap charms and j00ls.
so i decided to running Pits with SsS-SsS multi zon, she gave me some good results :) :) :)

Sorry to be a newb but what are LK runs?
Lower Kurast? (guessing)
Ding! Ding! Ding!
You are winner! A winner is you!

On topic: 23 jungle runs done now. I discovered that I run into more flayers during some runs than others. Apparently different flayer species can spawn on the map. So, if I see frogs/birds, I just reroll the map until I get one with all-flayers. Because: more flayers = more fun (and some roonz too).
I decided to put some serious effort in today with the hope of having something to show at the end of my time. Hours of back to back play passed without any sort of a result, but my persistence has paid off. I am now VERY pleased that i entered this MFO.

I should add, i still have a day left on my clock. 😃
I just wanted to write exactly the same statement :azn:
Hi guys!

I finished my run, the result seem to be quite accord with statistic which means no WF = bad (on my book)

50 AS run (~8 minute/run) + few other mixed runs

accumulated:
143 runes, only 7 runes are above Sol
65 jewel, all crap but...

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x551e2744
Fire Resist +28% :crazy:
15% Increased Attack Speed

lost count on SCs,GCs drop and I don't even picked up the Flawless gems anymore

sent results to JJ
All these mysterious reports of happy rune hunters worry me.
I'll be very interested in the kind of (high) runes found during this MFO.
Good luck hunting people! *AJK is off to the tropics again*
Quite fun to see some results from friends running this MFO. Their drops are almost freaky. Running a bit loosely on my own (outside of the MFO) but paying of more in white items, charms and gems then anything.

*ThalSwe envy the luck and also the persistence of the runners in this MFO*
Yeah, some people had some amazing drops...

On the bright side, I'm fairly confident I could keep up this rate of finding runes if I played 12h a day every day...

EDIT:
P.S. I can't believe grogs was scared of me.
I agree DC, LK runs seem to be the answer to high runes, excluding Hellforge rushing.
Nah, LK can't drop anything above Ber :badteeth:
Switching location from the pits to the Flayer ... is this allowed? (Yes I've already begun running the pits...just wanted to check to be sure).
Yeah, I may LK run in the future (after I finish my grail) just to get that damned Sur... it's especially good for people like me, who refuse to do HF rushing because it's cheesy.
*Checks email and pms* :yikes:

Did I mention :yikes:

I havn't had great luck on the flayer jungle (I keep dying). Mostly I've been playing around in LK, though I have made a few visits to the cows. I've actually got almost 2 full days left (~40 hours) so who knows what will come. I'm happy with my own results so far.
Just out of curiousity, why are you after a Sur rune???
He wants to finish his grail.
I'm calling it a day. Still have all of tomorrow too. I have to say things have made a nice turnaround and I think I actually have a good shot of a respectable score.

My Blizz/Wall Sorc had one fire hut in the LK. I didn't want to reroll due to a great Meph and Tunnels map. But, I accidentally hit NM and reset the map. So, since my Meph/Tunnel map was ruined anyway I rerolled until I got a two hut LK and it is paying off nicely. 😁
I have just (accidentally) clicked 'nightmare' resulting in the loss of my nice Meph/LK map. Perhaps TPTB are telling me 11 hours will suffice for today.
I dont mean to nitpick or anything, but isnt LK running somewhat cheesy? After all, you dont technically have to fight anything to get items.
In hindsight Jrl is probably the one to be worried about:grin: I haven't had much of a chance to run the moo-moo farm, and the results are consistant with my rune luck (non-HF), which needless to say is poor. Still have a day to go, so we shall see if I can get anything decent to drop.

Done for the day. I still have tomorrow to complete my mission and grab that Zod.
# of Jungle runs --> 36 (+a cow run, a pit run and a CS run)
# of runes --> 72
# of PGems cubed --> 42

Oh, and I have a good tip for the amazon guides: Don't tank the flayers! :dunce:
Phosheez said:
I dont mean to nitpick or anything, but isnt LK running somewhat cheesy? After all, you dont technically have to fight anything to get items.
Compared to HF rushing? 😁

No contest, of course.
Hahah, at least you realize, but hey, ive got 8 gheeds and im pretty sure they were all found by the same guy. At any rate, with all this bragging going on, Im pretty sure im hosed, of course, I ran pindle and he only coughed up 23 runes in about 2000 runs. I better get myself a sorc or an amazon so i can actually compete in these things.
You better get a sorc :wink3:
Yeah imo Blizzy owns moomoos alot better then a javazon,shes alot safer,can kill them on p7 and u can have a merc.But thats just my opinion.
Cleo the javazon has had enough. Didn't get as many runs in as I would have liked, was happy with the top result though. Well done to those that found HR's:flip:
I have sent my Results off a total of 62 runes :sad2:

But a lot of good finds 😃
The tourney will end soon right? can't wait for the final result 👍
i'm bored. only friday i rolled a LK map that gave me 2. runes from that on bad luck no good jewels, crap charms, not even a skiller found, rolled 3 *bad luck*
but my multi zon gave me a r00n :)
i'll sent the results to jjscud
Ok, I am officially calling it an end. There is NO WAY I can beat the score I have.

I've never run LK before but it was well worth it. Thanks for hosting jjscud!
Results have been sent.

Just a note for those that say you don't have to fight in LK runs. Maybe it's just me but I would say 50-60% of the time there was a boss-pack in the huts I was running. I had much harder fights than against Meph and/or Pindle. I died once and had 3-4 NDEs.

Can't wait to see the results and how I did.

Edit: oh, and I had 46 total runes (noting I didn't even pick up Els or Elds which would probably add ~20 more to that total) and spent about 6 hours doing the runs.
salvo said:
The tourney will end soon right? can't wait for the final result 👍
Its still about 30 hours still the official end. I've still got over 20 hours to go.

My rune finds so far are not all that lucky. I'm running tons and seeing lots of lower ones but the decent ones are sparse. Maybe I'll pick up every rune tonight to get some idea of how many total runes I'm getting, I really think its significantly more than what others are reporting but who knows since I'm not actually keeping track.

Other than that, while I would like to add my own trophey to the trophey case, my runs have certainly been useful. I've found three skillers and for once they're good ones. Two chilling GCs (I'm running with a blizz sorc) and what is probably my best skiller find yet, a Harpoonist of Vita with +37 life.
Well spent my time and I must say while I'm not dissapointed (got some nice items while running) I'm quite sad about my rune luck... Looking forward to see how others did...
Results sent
Sent my results. Despite I really tried, I didn't improve my score today. So that's one high lucky rune and two garbage runes and I guess it will not be enough. Appart from that rune, I am really dissapointed with jewels and charms... I expected more...
And my MFO-trash stash got close to 1000 items, I actually had to wait some time before it loaded. Well, that's when you don't cube flawless' in game.

I can't wait for overall results!
I just sent in my results, non-impressive as they were. My best were about the equivalent of 40 minutes of countess runs, I'm afraid.

I didn't get as much time as I'd hoped to play. I cleared cows about 50 times but didn't have too much to show for it, rune-wise. Particularly considering how many cows died... With that many drops all close together, it's hard to pick out runes and I'm sure I missed some but probably got most of the ones that dropped. I did get some other nice drops, charms and jewels particularly but also a Lightsabre and two Warpspears (the Warpspears would have been new grail items for me a month ago or so) and lots of socketed elites for potential later use, as well as some ethereal elites that will serve some future mercs well. The only MF I had was from a Harlequin Crest (socketed with lightning facet.) Best jewel drop was probably this rare one:

Viper Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 28
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x31e7b4d1
+43 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +7
Adds 1-34 lightning damage
3% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Score sent.
I don't think I'm gonna win but I'm still excited about how it went for you all 😃
Done. Sent results.
Right now I could use sleep better than a high rune (well, if it's a Ber...)
I finished 40 jungle runs at ~15 mins. each, so the forum's math nerds can calculate the amount of time I should have spent outside. I also splatted the Travincal High Council 25 times with my gold horker for runes, but got mostly $$$ instead.

Things I learned during this MFO:
- Run the countess for mid-level runes.
- Run LK chests for higher-level runes.
- Don't eat peanut butter and herring sandwiches!
- Rush forge for high runes.
- Or just skip the hard parts and be a lucky bastard. I'm very curious about my colleague rune runner's results. My own results are satisfying, but it figures that my highest roon has been found on run #3.

Total # of runes found: 93
Total # of PGems cubed: 57

Here's a block of some non-rune stuff I kept:
Code:
Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0xc70f419a
+20 to Life

Amber Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 32
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0xb2c21ecb
Lightning Resist +11%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Toxic Large Charm of Vita
Required Level: 66
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xf368b23a
+33 to Life
+90 poison damage over 5 seconds

Viper Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x6b5c161b
+9 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +28%
Attacker Takes Damage of 2

Fungal Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x44398888
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

Spirit Ward
Ward
Defense: 441
Chance to Block:  74%
Smite Damage: 11 to 35
Durability: 78 of 100
Required Strength: 185
Required Level: 68
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x3f6ce2b8
+158% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +38
25% Faster Block Rate
+6 Cold Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Fade when struck
Backing out of this thing...I've found maybe 12 runes total ... nothing even remotely close to anything valuable. Sorry. Good luck to the remaining competitors!
Even though I still have around 9 hours left, I decided to quit ahead and sent my results. First I ran Pits until I got the 5 new grailers (the secondary goal I set myself). Did some cows after that and finished off with a lenghty journey to Lower Kurast's bonfires.

While I'm not disappointed in my findings, I'm not sure if they are enough to win. The total number of runes I found is 224. Around 100 were from pits/cows and the rest from Lower Kurast. My non-rune luck was astonishing though, check it out in the Item Find Thread!

Can't wait to see how you guys did.

Fact of the day: My second highest rune was actually found last. I had set myself a goal to fill up my remaining inventory slots with runes and then quit. When I found the last one I though I should do some teleporting around and pop some more chests just in case. And behold, out it popped.
- Run the countess for mid-level runes.
- Run LK chests for higher-level runes.
- Don't eat peanut butter and herring sandwiches!- Rush forge for high runes.
- Or just skip the hard parts and be a lucky bastard. I'm very curious about my colleague rune runner's results. My own results are satisfying, but it figures that my highest roon has been found on run #3.
Yuck haha and i would like to add one more to.

- Slay moomoos till ur eyes bleed and ur get ur HR.
Well, i've been away from the internet and computers for the weekend, so I haven't had a chance to do any serious runs, but I got a few useful runes...not that any of them are high enough to win but, it was still fun!

Damn i gotta go away for a week and wont be back before next monday so i hope i wont win:p
It Sur was a good weekend to be rune hunting. :rolleyes:

Ok, I still need results from the following:

DeadBob
OCAU_MIKLE
Cattleya
hepcat
Gabriel74
Skinny
Thyiad

Beyond that, just for an early preview, here are the rune counts for the medium to high runes.

Jah 1
Ber 0
Sur 5
Lo 2
Ohm 1
Vex 3
Gul 1
Ist 2
Mal 5
Um 1
Pul 9
Lem 1
Fal 4

Last if you know your total rune count I would like to see that too. If you know you sent it in with your result then I already have it. I must say, you guys are very lucky. So for I've got well over double what anyone else has reported. Edit: And I definately didn't win.

I can't stand picking up all the lower junk (Amn or lower) but I did for an hour or two just to check and I was averaging a rune per Lk run (20-25 normal objects + 6 special chests) and I ran 400 LK runs so I should be at about 400 runes found.
theres 6 special chests in LK? dam
I've just sent my results in.

I would estimate that i've spent 25 hours playing over the past couple of days, i'm exhausted. I'm very pleased with my results, far better then i could have hoped for.

It looks like others have done equally well, 5 sur runes :shocked:

I'm going to post my non-rune drops in the item find thread shortly. I have however uploaded one item screenshot for this thread. LK's luck extends beyond runes.
Results have been sent. Just a bunch of mid-level runes. Outside of the fluke Ber I found two months ago, my rune luck is atrocious. Two grailers (a facet and Cow King's Hide) were the highlights for me----19 grailers to go!

And whoever found that Jah,...gib! gib! gib!
I just send my results. No where near good enough, but congrats to those of you who found those HRs!
Sorry, my work schedule freaked out, and I got only two runes found, an Amn and something else I can't recall.

No worries, when the full-out MFO happens, I will make sure to be there.
Hahaha, wow those are a lot of HR's. Funny thing is, I didnt even realize it but my pally that runs meph has a really good LK map with a campfire right next to the waypoint with 3 racks and 3 superchests. And, one of the racks seems to be a mighty scepter rack....another heaven's light would definitely be nice. Oh well, until the next runefind mfo. Though Im sure i wont be able to put near the same amount of time on the next one as I did this one.
I too am confused. There are two each in the buildings to the left of the campfires. Where are the other two?
Some maps have two fire = 3 super chests each. 2 super chests in one hut, and one and a rack in the other.
Been waiting to post this:

Runes result report:

el 30
eld 28
tir 18
nef 6
eth 12
ith 8
tal 13
ral 3
ort 5
thul 5
amn 6
sol 2
shael 1
dol 0
hel 1
Io 1
lum 1
ko 1
fal 0
lem 0
pul 2

Total result seems astounding :scratch:
My results have been sent. I do believe that I have achieved my goal of getting the lowest score of anyone who actually put more than 10 hours into this.

Lets just say that his best rune was from the hell countess (which of course didn't count) and he was overjoyed that he could finally make a lore helm with it. 😁 He found 7 (non-countess) runes total while full clearing from the Black Marsh to Cat 4, with an extra run of the Jail and 2 Pit runs added in.

At least he managed to finish up Act 1. 😃

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Ok, Here they are. Feel to post your own images of drops. If any are really in I can post the image or link to it.

Steven Q Urkel
Gul 25
Lo 28
Lo 28
Total 81

mwints
Pul 21
Vex 26
Sur 29
Total 76

jrlafrance
Pul 21
Mal 23
Sur 29
Total 73

DarkChaos
Mal 23
Ist 24
Vex 26
Total 73

nubikoen
Lem 20
Pul 21
Jah 31
Total 72

DeadBob
Lem 20
Pul 21
Ber 30
Total 71

Hrus
Fal 19
Pul 21
Sur 29
Total 69

Corrupted
Ko 18
Fal 19
Ohm 27
Total 64

nebux
Lum 17
Pul 21
Vex 26
Total 64

grogs
Lum 17
Lum 17
Sur 29
Total 63

jjscud
Ko 18
Um 22
Mal 23
Total 63

DeePee
Fal 19
Pul 21
Mal 23
Total 63

Naab
Io 16
Io 16
Sur 29
Total 61

salvo
Ko 18
Pul 21
Pul 21
Total 60

AJK
Io 16
Lum 17
Ist 24
Total 57

StealthBlade
Dol 14
lum 17
Pul 21
Total 52

hepcat
Io 16
Io 16
Fal 19
Total 51

RKC
Dol 14
Io 16
Fal 19
Total 49

Phosheez
Amn 11
Amn 11
Mal 23
Total 45

purplelocust
Hel 15
Hel 15
Hel 15
Total 45

Skinny
Sol 12
Shael 13
Ko 18
Total 43

aitrus
Amn 11
Sol 12
Dol 14
Total 37

asdfgah
Ral 8
Thul 10
Sol 12
Total 30

Thyiad
Tal 7
Ort 9
Amn 11
Total 27

Cattleya
Ort 9
Ort 9
Tal 7
Total 25

Gabriel74
Amn 11

Final high rune count:

Jah 1
Ber 1
Sur 5
Lo 2
Ohm 1
Vex 3
Gul 1
Ist 2
Mal 5
Um 1
Pul 11
Lem 2
Fal 5

Also, feel free to comment on the scoring system, just be contructive.

@Steven Q Urkel - if you have any questions about the trophey just let me know.

WOW! Awesome assortment of runes fellow forumites! See what a little hard work pays!

I would be interested in screenshots/descriptions of steven and mwints rune finds.

I'll post mine when I get home.

EDIT: I was able to cut and paste from GO:

Third highest

Second highest

Highest rune drop

The Sur is my highest rune drop ever, and I was stoked when I popped the chest! I thought for sure I would win!

Congrats Steven!
Congrats to Steven Q Urkel on 3 astounding rune drops. Where'd you run?
DC, I think the SPF is taunting you. 😁

As to the overall finds: Holy crap! How many runs did you people do?
No kidding! 5 Sur's, jeez, it's almost like a conspiracy... you're all plotting against me.

In retrospect my luck was good, but nothing insane, and I'm pretty confident I can average a rune above Mal every day if I ran like that (35ish hours in all).

I did about 2500-3000 LK runs, and a few Pindles, Cows, and Sewers.
congrats to Steven Q Urkel, he is really a haX00r
my precious rune that i was really lucky to find
Wow, I feel really fortunate now! I did 475 LK runs, and found:

Total runes found: 149

44 El Rune
26 Eld Rune
23 Tir Rune
13 Nef Rune
20 Eth Rune
8 Ith Rune
12 Tal Rune
13 Ral Rune
6 Ort Rune
9 Thul Rune
6 Amn Rune
6 Sol Rune
3 Shael Rune
4 Dol Rune
1 Hel Rune
1 Io Rune
2 Lum Rune
1 Ko Rune
0 Fal Rune
0 Lem Rune
2 Pul Rune
0 Um Rune
1 Mal Rune
0 Ist Rune
0 Gul Rune
0 Vex Rune
0 Ohm Rune
0 Lo Rune
1 Sur Rune
0 Ber Rune
0 Jah Rune
0 Cham Rune
0 Zod Rune

I popped open 6 super chests, and an occasional trap. Also, a couple of those runes might have been from Unique monsters killed. Here is my map.

Sorry its so small, I don't know how to make it bigger. :undecided:

2nd place. Not bad. 😁 As requested. Screenshots of my 2 highest. The Sur and Vex. Those two came from the upper hut, the Pul came from the lower.

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mwints1uj4.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mwints2xw9.jpg

I didn't pick up any Els or Elds. I only picked up about half the Tirs and Nefs.

Tir x 6
Nef x 2
Eth x 9
Ith x 4
Tal x 4
Ral x 3
Ort x 4
Thul x 3
Sol x 4
Shael x 1
Dol x 1
Hel x 1
Pul x 1
Vex x 1
Sur x 1

I think I just had a real lucky streak cause as I mentioned, I only did about six hours of runs in the LK. The Pul dropped Friday night. The Sur dropped on Saturday and I was gonna quit with the Dol, Pul, and Sur. But I told myself I would stop once I got anything higher than the Dol. Then the Hel dropped. And I kept running. Then the Vex dropped (on Sunday) and I called it quits.

Nice finds everyone. 👍
@[highlight]jjscud[/highlight]-

So, I send you an item for the 'trophy case,' you place said item in said trophy case, and it is never to be used again??? Or am I misunderstanding the concept??? Anyways, Frosted_Flakes still needs to complete the Nihli quest, so I'll get right on that!!!

@[highlight]my fellow competitors[/highlight]

My runner was a level 89 Blizzard sorc. I chose to run /players 3 Durance of Hate, but I was never really expecting to find any runes. I was just hoping for some nice loot from Meph, plus a few flawless gems to boot.

On day one of the competition, my jaw nearly hit the floor. I said to myself, in true jedi fashion, "the Allure of the 'Dark Side' grows ever stronger." LoL. Later that same day, I was once again jumping for joy. Ever since my Meteorb found a Gul from the Hellforge I've been dreaming of a Vex rune, and now that dream is easily within reach. At the end of day 1, I was feeling pretty good. On day two, I really didn't run all that much. Not as much as day one at least. On the way to level 3 I ended up getting a Lem rune from a chest, so I pretty much quit for the night. Day 3 was starting to look like Day 2, until my heart nearly skipped a beat. I couldn't help but say to myself, "You have got to be kidding me!!!!" In the ~3 or 4 years I've been playing this game, I had never found anything higher than Ist (excluding hellforge drops). Then all of a sudden, I find 3 all in one day. I was almost afraid to send my results in for fear of being branded a hax0r. But I can assure you all that all 3 of those beauties were 100% legit. Amazingly enough, all 3 of my qualifiers were popped from a chest. I think my highest find from a monster was a Sol from killing Bremm Sparkfist & friends. :rolleyes:

I had a blast, thanks to jjscud for hosting, congrats to everyone on your finds, and see you all in the next mfo!!!!

-Urkel
Congratz Urkel teh Runemaster 👍

Maybe a percentage of runes found should be added to final score so a hardworker with a lesser luck will have an advantage.
Yep that's right. A bit different from the normal MFO but its been working well.

Don't forget everyone, if your waiting for the real thing, its comming up in three weeks.
Gongratz Runemaster..... Oops Steven Q Urqel Now what ur gonna do with ur Lo's?2 Grief?Or cube them to Sur:D?

My finds,i ran cows about 40 runs,every run took~15 minutes.

Runes

2x Io
1 Sur

Dont remember the other ones.Bunch of hels and sols i guess:(
Geesh, I feel kind of crappy now. If only I had run LK. I would say i put maybe 20-25 hours in on pindle with 21 runes found. Ah well, Im gonna run LK like no tomorrow. BTW, am I correct in assuming there are multiple targets for the full MFO? If so, what are they?
Try to search for last MFO thread, I think I included it in Tournament list thread, so it would not be hard to find it. I doubt that there will be any changes in rules, targets are Mephisto, Baal, A5 superuniques, lvl 85 Areas.

Everybody, congrats to your leet runes. I thought that my Sur will get me to at least top 3 (naive :rolleyes: ). The good thing is, that I already have one Sur, so there will be Ber in my posession soon.
Congrats Steven!
There are some really amazing finds people...
As Phosheez, now I know I have to run LK =)
Congrats Steven Q Urkel!
This was great 😁
Congrats Steven Q Urkel.

That's a grief and a fortitude.. I'm jealous.

That's a lot of very nice runes, congrats to all.
Congrats Steven Q Urkel what a lot a lovely runes gib gib gib:smiley:
Thanks for the great Mini-MFO, everyone. I think this tourney has proven that while rare, higher runes are still definitely achievable if you put some effort into it.

Damn, big MFO in 3 weeks? That's right about when I fly to Greece for a weeks vacation. I'll still give it a shot though even if I only have a day or two. ;)
Screenshot of my Ber Rune. You may notice that my merc was taking a beating while i was standing there in shock :laugh:

Congrats Steven, that was some amazing luck. I didn't expect so many high scoring entries, 10 HR's in such a short space of time, crazy.

I didn't pay much attention to the lower rune drops, i had (approximately) 2 fal's, 3 lum's and 5 io's which stick to mind.

Thanks to jjscud for running this mini-MFO!
Congratulations on the sweet drops people. Use the runes well or I'll wack you over the head with a maul.
Here's a screenshot of my highest rune.

The reason I'm running away from it is because the (extra fast) king was chasing me.

I forgot to thank jjscud for hosting the MMFO so ... thanks 👍
Great Mini-MFO guys! Congrats on all of the rune finds, especially all those high ones.
I only have one comment on the final standings. I suck.

No worries I will show better in the big MFO.
Yeah, you took my last place slot. 😠

😁 :hide:
Its not my fault you have Orts dropping from the sky. Not everyone can have that kind of rune luck.

This is not fair! I ran AS for nearly 10 hours resulting only 2 Puls! And now I try most of your run in half hour then this dropped:
I was curious and thought you're all haxxor, so I give it a try and got stunned.
This is no mere coincidence, chest must have certain bonus for runes drop. :rant:
I really don't know I should be happy or angry for this drop...

-sal
nubikoen said:
Congrats Steven Q Urkel.

That's a grief and a fortitude.. I'm jealous.

That's a lot of very nice runes, congrats to all.
I agree nub! The Grief would be an excellent addition, and Fortitude is great too.

The odds of a Lo popping out of a chest in DoH3 has to be astronomical, but then having two pop out in two days...unbelievable. Congrats, I'm jealous also. :wink2:

EDIT: @ salvo: I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you're not happy with it!
jrlafrance said:
EDIT: @ salvo: I'd be happy to take it off your hands if you're not happy with it!
Here... take it... take it... *imitating the old man's voice speaking to false tyrael*

Whisper: what was his name?
Whispers back: Marius I believe. :hide:
I would have never believed that the amount of high runes found could be possible, but the results of this contest have proved otherwise.
My own conclusion: I'll run countess/LK chests, but the jungle runs have been a fun excercise.

Oh, here's the drop that saved me ~800 countess runs or a lucky forge drop.
It was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I thought it sounded like a good idea.

The spf mini-mfo trophy case has a new piece of hardware. :teeth:
A perfect RuneMaster, sounds cold and cool Urkel 👍

@LK runners: may I know if you clear the whole LK or if it is to concentrate on the superchest? maybe we need a new guide to running LK :scratch:
I cant speak for the other because ive just started... but, i pop the three chests, cause i havent rerolled my perfect meph map to get 2 fires and six chests, and the weapon racks, corpses, and baskets that are on the way, and then i save/exit. So far my best rune, Lum, came from a non-super chest, but ive only been running for 150 or so runs so im sure that will change. And i agree, an LK running guide should be added to the stickies, strategy sticky??? If so, I have already found some good ideas for running it that others may not have thought of.
My Sur rune!

other (110 runes Tal and higher:)
33 33 Tal Rune
16 16 Ral Rune
17 17 Ort Rune
14 14 Thul Rune
5 5 Amn Rune
12 12 Sol Rune
5 5 Shael Rune
2 2 Hel Rune
2 2 Io Rune
1 1 Lum Rune
1 1 Fal Rune
1 1 Pul Rune
1 1 Sur Rune

I open quite a lot of chests and seletons, I don't bother with baskets and slow to pop stashes. The whole run takes around 2.5 minute on average. I think that only opening the spuerchests doesn't justify the long reload time and long way to WP in Korast Docks. But maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, I recorded 416 runs, that means around 17 hours spent...

Oh, and as you can see, I use hammerdin. He can almost rival the sorc in speed, but he can tank better and if needed, he kills all the mobs in seconds even at P8.
salvo said:
@LK runners: may I know if you clear the whole LK or if it is to concentrate on the superchest? maybe we need a new guide to running LK :scratch:
Like I stated before, all I open are supre chests. Occassionally, I kill monster packs if they are in the hut. And less frequently, I will open other items, if they are close. The main problem I see with opening other items is that they take too long to open. All my HR's came from super chests.

In case you didn't see it earlier, here is my map. 6 tele's to first armor rack. Pop. 2 tele's into hut. Pop. Pop. 3 telel's into second hut. Weapon Rack. Pop. 3 tele's into third hut. Pop. Pop. 3 tele's into fourth hut. Weapon Rack. Pop. 2 tele's to Armor rack. Rinse and repeat. Maybe 1 minute per run. 475 runs (@ /p8, the only way to go IMHO) with a total of 140 some odd runes. Not too shabby. 😁
I see... I've tried about nearly 50 roll and it seems the map can't spawn more than 3 fire complex.
edit: what an ideal map looks like and contains?
salvo said:
I make a loop that takes me through two fire areas (6 super chests) and hit around 25 other items. This also help my load time trememdously because at the end of the loop I take the wp back to Act 4. Then when I restart its only a couple steps to the wp.

Funny side, in just an hour tonight I almost matched my results from the whole mini-mfo. I guess that just how things go.

hrus said:
Oh, and as you can see, I use hammerdin. He can almost rival the sorc in speed, but he can tank better and if needed, he kills all the mobs in seconds even at P8.

Hmmm, sounds decent, but nothing is cold immune in LK so a blizz sorc kills everything almost immediately at p8 too. I've dressed my sorc almost entirely in DR gear so she can actually tank most anything except bosses with nasty mods.
That sounds much better; of course, you are the LK pro...
Horaay 👏 I got an almost perfect LK map!
Based on my roll, some map have two fire and two big hut (white circled). The down side of this map is far and only one big hut which I didn't bother to visit. Highest rune so far is a Sol, but i'm happy to have perfect map every kind of run (except countess).

I have a question though, I wonder what is your strategy against items spam? It slows my run a lot, I emptied my inventory but oftenly it's still not enough.

-sal
salvo said:
I have a question though, I wonder what is your strategy against items spam? It slows my run a lot, I emptied my inventory but oftenly it's still not enough.

-sal
I focus on picking up gold, if that doesn't seem to be enough, I drink potions off my belt and pick up more potions. I don't use any inventory space to clear out huge special chest drops.

Hrus said:
That sounds much better; of course, you are the LK pro...

I don't know about LK pro, maybe LK Hermit. I think just about everyone that's done a much LK running has found higher runes there than me.
salvo: keep an empty row in your belt, that way you can drink potions rather faster than if you drink them out of your inventory.

Other question, regarding rune hunting: How are doing with your Arcane Sanctuary runs? Haven't heard of it for a while, after your initial find.
@JJ & nepeta : Yes it works, thanks! My empty inv + drinking clears the ground sometimes :)

My AS run count is 235 so far, I didn't do any run since this MMFO.
1-100th run net me 1x vex 2x gul
100-235th run 1x mal 2x pul

I'll try LKrun for somewhile, it seems more rewarding
I realize this is a little late, but it just dropped, and I have to look less awful considering my rune finding abilities.

So.

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 180 to 364
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa2adfdec
+268% Enhanced Damage
Cannot Be Frozen

Wasn't someone looking for something like this?
My Rune Master wins.
Im using my fanazealot to run LK and he seems to be quite effective. I only have one fire atm but its very close to the wp. I equipped him with a lacerator so i dont really have to fight anything. If something approaches, whack whack whack, they run away and i continue on my way. Im considering putting a teleport ammy on him but im not in that much of a hurry. As is, runs take 30 seconds or so. Probably any weapon with high% monsters flee would be good.

@jjscud: maybe you should open a new thread with all your strategies, people could contribute their helpful hints, compile it, and get that sucker stickied. Thoughts?
Phosheez said:
@jjscud: maybe you should open a new thread with all your strategies, people could contribute their helpful hints, compile it, and get that sucker stickied. Thoughts?
oops, I was actually writing one and forgot about it. I will have to get back on it. It is designed to be fairly open ended, mostly containing information about normal chest drops and special chest drops, and sugestions for speed and safety. Actually, with a weekend camping starting tomorrow and a vacation coming up, I should have some time to finish it up.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High