Mini-MFO IV (The Anti-Pits) [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Nov 3, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Mini-MFO: The Anti-Pits

Abstract - Run lvl 85 areas EXCEPT The Pits looking for goodies. This tourney will last just one weekend. Winers pick prizes from required entry fees, not others findings.

The rules (shamelessy plagiarized from ricrestoni's old mini-mfo rules):

0 - (the implied rule) - If thou reads this, THOU MUST BY ALL MEANS TAKE PART ON IT!

1- It starts Friday, 11-11, 8 PM, and ends Monday, 11-14, 8 AM. These are your local time.

2- Thou shalt pay the subscription fee and subscribe thyself for any categories thou wishest, before it begins. Only members of the SPF may enter the competition.

2.1- As a member of the SPF, thou must fulfill at least one of the following pre-requisites:

- Post an intro thread
- Frequent EMB
- Blame Durf

2.2- The subscription fee, for thy knowledge, 1 Jewel, 1 Expansion Set item, and 1 Elite Unique. Send your forum name, Mod type, and entry fee to jjscud at yahoo dot com.

2.3- If there's a problem with the entry fee, pm me, I want anyone who wants to to participate.

2.4- The categories are Softcore and Hardcore. Thou shalt clearly state which one(s) thou competest at by posting it properly at this thread and/or stating it clearly by e-mail.

2.5- If thy desires are to compete in both categories, send two entry fees, separated accordingly.

3- Thou shalt kill all monsters in level-85 areas EXCEPT THE PITS in your category(ies) until thy eyes wither, and horde thy spoils.

3.1 - Diablo's Minions (the Seal bosses) and Baal's 5 minion Packs don't count, nor does Diablo or Baal.

4- Thou shalt NOT post thy findings prior to 8 AM on the 15th (Tuesday).

5- Thou shalt, when it is over, send to jjscud at yahoo dot com the following:

- Thy forum name.

And for each category:

- Thy character info (class, build, level, %MF, Mod).
- ATMA readings of thy 2 rarest findings from the allowed areas during the valid period, containing all item information, including - but not limited to - fingerprints. Only set and unique elite items are valid entries, so thou knowest.

5.1- Thy info MUST be sent up to 36 hours after the end of the competition.

6- The competitor who gets the highest score (top two items) wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list for each category where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item).

6.1- If a tie occurs, the competitor who found the 3nd rarest item wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

6.3- If a draw occurs between the victors, the prizes shall be divided in a brotherly fashion.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if thou preferest.

8- Thou shall NOT identify the items thou intendest to apply to thy victory. ATMA is reserved to give thee the pleasures of thy finding, not Deckard Cain. IDed items willl NOT be accepted as valid entries.

8.1- Optional rulings shall be reserved for MAC users and other special cases.

9- The prizes will be 3 stashes for each category filled with thy paid fees. They shall be given like this:

1st place - first pick
2nd place - second pick
3rd place - remaining stash

9.1- Contents of the prize stashes are accessable by request from any competitor.

9.2- Additional prizes may be donated to the victors, and if they exist, they will be treated as this narrator sees fit.

10- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

11- Thou wilt have fun!

12- Mods - Mods will make this a bit crazy, please include your mod (Vanilla, RRM, RWM or RRM + RWM. None others allowed) when you enter and when you send in an entrance fee. I will keep items of different mods seperate. The winners can decide to take all prizes or just prizes of certain mods and I may replce items with vanilla versions at my discression.

Level 85 Areas
Act 1 Pit Level 1
Act 1 Pit Level 2
Act 1 Mausoleum
Act 2 Maggot Lair Level 3
Act 2 Ancient Tunnels
Act 3 Sewers Level 2
Act 3 Forgotten Temple (In Upper Kurast)
Act 3 Ruined Fane (In Kurast Causeway)
Act 3 Disused Reliquary (In Kurast Causeway)
Act 4 River of Flame
Act 4 Chaos Sanctum
Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 2
Act 5 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
Act 5 Throne of Destruction

The pits is inlcuded for completeness in this list but is strictly forbidden in this tourney.

Scoring:

Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1
Dangoon's Teaching 1
Laying of Hands 1.4
Dark Adherent 1.6
Natalya's Shadow 1.7
Credendum 1.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer 1.9
Arioc's Needle 2.3
Wizardspike 2.3
Ondal's Almighty 2.3
Bonehew 2.3
M'avina's Embrace 2.3
Shadow Killer 2.4
Windhammer 2.5
Ethereal Edge 2.5
Hellslayer 2.6
Lightsabre 2.6
Viperfork 2.6
Hellrack 2.6
Gimmershred 2.8
Demon Limb 2.8
Jade Talon 3
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator 3.1
Naj's Light Plate 3.1
Naj's Puzzler 3.1
Trang-Oul's Girth 3.2
Tal Rasha's Guardianship 3.2
Baranar's Star 3.2
Rune Master 3.2
Djinn Slayer 3.2
Flamebellow 3.3
The Reaper's Toll 3.3
Demon's Arch 3.3
Taebaek's Glory 3.3
Trang-Oul's Guise 3.3
Aldur's Deception 3.3
Bloodmoon 3.3
Nord's Tenderizer 3.5
Razor's Edge 3.6
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 3.8
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 3.8
Ormus' Robes 3.9
Sandstorm Trek 3.9
Harlequin Crest 4.1
Natalya's Mark 4.3
Tomb Reaver 4.3
Cranebeak 4.3
Wraith Flight 4.3
Widowmaker 4.3
Lacerator 4.3
Andariel's Visage 4.3
Verdungo's Hearty Cord 4.3
Immortal King's Soul Cage 4.3
M'avina's True Sight 4.3
Griswold's Valor 4.3
Eschuta's Temper 4.6
Messerschmidt's Reaver 4.6
Frostwind 4.6
Stone Crusher 4.6
Fleshripper 4.6
Gut Siphon 4.6
Thunderstroke 4.7
The Gladiator's Bane 4.9
Marrowwalk 5
Stormshield 5
Firelizard's Talons 5.2
M'avina's Caster 5.2
Horizon's Tornado 5.7
Medusa's Gaze 5.7
Nightwing's Veil 5.7
Veil of Steel 5.7
Doombringer 5.7
Warshrike 5.7
Eaglehorn 5.7
Leviathan 5.7
Arachnid Mesh 5.9
Blackoak Shield 5.9
Dracul's Grasp 5.9
Stoneraven 6
Steel Shade 6.6
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Spike Thorn 6.6
Soul Drainer 6.6
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Wolfhowl 7.3
Arkaine's Valor 7.8
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Ondal's Wisdom 7.8
Boneshade 7.9
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Steel Carapace 8.1
Giant Skull 8.1
Spirit Ward 8.1
Alma Negra 9.1
The Grandfather 9.3
Death Cleaver 9.3
Windforce 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
Executioner's Justice 9.3
Stormspire 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
The Cranium Basher 9.3
Earth Shifter 9.3
The Redeemer 9.8
Heaven's Light 9.8
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Boneflame 10.4
Steelrend 10.7
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Cerebus' Bite 10.1
Templar's Might 10.7
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Azurewrath 13
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Dragonscale 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6
Death's Fathom 16.8
Schaefer's Hammer 18.5
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Death's Web 27.9
Stormlash 28.4
Tyrael's Might 85.7

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, count me in.

The last one was also lvl 85, that one didn't end too well for me, so its time for revenge.
Do Baal's minions count as part of the Throne of Destruction? I'm assuming that Baal himself doesn't, which was the case in previous MFO's.
kabal said:
Do Baal's minions count as part of the Throne of Destruction? I'm assuming that Baal himself doesn't, which was the case in previous MFO's.
jjscud said:
3.1 - Diablo's Minions (the Seal bosses) and Baal's 5 minion Packs don't count, nor does Diablo or Baal.
I'd love to play in this, but I'll be out all Saturday and, as a consequence of that, sleeping half of Sunday. :(

Any chance to get the starting time to Friday 8am? :)
i'd like to participate! when do you want that entry fee?
I'd REALLY want to participate but i have a un-avoidable appointment (Party to get some phoontang) on saturday night so i cant participate!

- ocau_mikle
I would like to play, but I am confused after reading the rules. :confused:
@ omgwtfbbqpwned - Anything myself or possibly someone else can clear up?

@ OCAU_MIKLE -yeah I understand, i just realized I have a LAN Party with some old friends Friday night, I'm still going to enter though, I'll have two evenings plus a bit to go for it.

@ shleefin - Anytime between now and start time is fine for the entry fee..

@ Moar - Changing the start time, that's a tough one. I would like as many as possible to enter and play but I know I can't please everyone. Perhaps, if there's no objection, we could make it "Choose your own time Zone" :D A 8 AM Friday start would then mean a 8 PM sunday finish.

@ tweety - I was just looking at the thread for that one today to get the original rules and your "didn't end to well" was a third place finish. :uhhuh:

Also, I just want to encourage everyone put put decent stuff in if possible. I don't expect tc87s but I also don't want the Prize stash to be 27 Hellracks. Actually make that 26 Hellracks and a ******* because I'm going to be adding goodies for sure.
Sounds fun!

One question:
8- Thou shall NOT identify the items thou intendest to apply to thy victory. ATMA is reserved to give thee the pleasures of thy finding, not Deckard Cain. IDed items willl NOT be accepted as valid entries.

Why? Just wondering, cos I like to ID things as soon as they drop, because I never remember which set/unique is which base item. It'll speed my runs up a lot if I don't do this though, so it's for the best anyway.

Etalla or Zara? Who shall have the honor of competing? Which kills fastest? And where shall I run? So many choices!

I think I'll be out all of Sunday, but nm, can see what I get on saturday.
Here's my interpretation of it:

- Hand in a Elite Unique item, a Set item from the right side of Arreat Summit's Sets listing, and a Jewel
- Reveal information about how you will be playing and under what influences
- On Friday to Monday, run a level 85 area other than the pits on Single Player, and don't ID the Unique/Set items that are picked up
- On Tuesday, scores are calculated and winner gets to pick from the Entrance Fee collection

Is that the gist of it...?
Yes, though I'll try to put together the scores as quickly as I can.

Re: ID'ing items. The basic idea is that most all of us tend to id items so you can't just grab an item you already have and add it to the tourney because it will be ID'ed.

Realistically, this protects us from a few nutters but all we really have is trust. This is really just an old MFO tradition.
This is the only weekend I can't participate. I will not be at home. Otherwise I would like to join.
Wohooo, count me in! 👏

Thanks jjscud for arranging this. 👍
I'll join, but since I just socketed one of my better jewels into isenhart's helm (don't ask), you're gonna have to settle for something normal like a ruby jewel of fervor. :p
WHY????? :D

Well I'm in using RRM.

My Hammerdin will like this

Sending you the items this weekend or next week

DX
Till when signup is open?
Because I'll propably be off next weekend, but I'm not 100% sure atm. If I'll be at home, I'll participate for sure :)

Wick
Well sorry for this, but I found out that I wont be able to participate in the MFO, will be off from friday afternoon until Sunday so maybe a few hours runningtime for me, wont be enough

DX
Count me in! nice anti-pit! 👏
Just looked at the dates, I see it's next weekend not today (I was thinking it was kind of short notice...). Not sure I can compete then, as I am busy on all Sundays and my mother is coming to visit on Saturday.

Whats this doing on the second page? We need more contestants.
Just a quick question...
Do we have to run all the lvl 85 areas (except the Pit, of course), or just one(s) we choose to run?
Just what you choose to run.

I just thought it would be fun to give some attention to running lvl 85 areas without running the Pits. I know I've had to rethink my strategies a bit.

Also, here who I have signed up:

tweety
jrlaFrance
Shleefin
HolyPade
Summoned
Salvo
jjscud

still iffy:
Wicket
Humphrey

Asked question but I'm not certain if that's a commitment
Kabal
omgwtfbbqpwned
I'll sign up, I should have some time friday and saturday night, so can do some runs then.

About the tourny fee, I which of these I should send in for the EU?:
Hellslayer, Viperfork, Bloodmoon, Gimmershred (you said you wanted not useless things, I don't know which of these aren't useless). And for the set items, IK Pillar or Aldur's Gaze?
Its your choice, whatever you can spare. I don't know about the others, but I think most people are not that focussed on the items you can win. I just like the competition.

I will put in some nice items for the off chance that I don't win ;)
Yeah, I'll sign up.

Am I supposed to email you with my information + items?
Yes, of course, email them to me anytime before Friday.
I'll be away whole Saturday, but I dunno about Sunday. I'll make decision in 2 days.

Wick
Just reminding everyone to include your forum name in your email. I've got one already without a forum name and the email doesn't resemble anyone's forum name. If you go to Rutgers and sent me an email please PM me with your forum name and you email address so I can match it up.

Thanks.
As long as vanilla 1.10 is ok sign me up. I haven't played in a while (WoW player :uhhuh: ) but I should show my face now and again. I'll sort out items to send with the week. Might just run RoF/CS I think. No gloams = fun.

MAAM
I'll be away whole Saturday, but sign me up anyway. I'll send items later today.

Wick
Sent the items, jjscud you've got mail!

This is actually the first tourny/competition I'm participating. It's about time! :lol:
@JJ: Entry fee sent

I spent nearly one hour and rolled a perfect Ancient Tunnel map. The main runner for this Anti-pit MF competition is an IK Barb wearing over 250% MF, including a near perfect Wisp Projector 19/20. His weapon is socketed with 2x Shael. I'd be very grateful if anybody can trade me a Diamond of Fervor j00l (+ED+AR vs undead - 15%ias) , I already have one and if i managed to get another one then this weapon is perfect for Ancient Tunnel for monster there are mostly undead.

goodluck everyone

-sal
First, I still have an email from someone at Rutgers that had no forum name attached. Please let me know if this is you (i.e. you are not in the entry fee paid list.

Entry fee paid
Summoned
tweety
HolyPade
Salvo
jjscud

Not paid
jrlaFrance
Shleefin
Wicket
omgwtfbbqpwned

still iffy:
Humphrey
Kabal

For those who are still on the iffy list or haven't even posted. You want to enter this one, at least you do if you like nice prizes. There's some good stuff.

Final rule changes.

If there are any concerns with these changes, please post them here. Especially the prize rule, I will stick with the original rule if there are concerns.

1- It starts Friday, 11-11, 8 PM, and ends Monday, 11-14, 8 AM. Choose your own time zone.

This means you have two and a half days, starting sometime Friday. 8AM friday start means 8PM Sunday finish, 8PM Friday start means 8 AM Monday finish.

9. I will keep the prizes in the stashes I receive. The winers will take turns picking, if any winner decides they've had enough, their pick moves on to the next highest scorer.

This will greatly simplify the mod issue as RRM stashes can easily be skipped by vanilla players and so on.
Sent my entry fee.
You haven't got me on your list jj, I entered back up the page. Haven't sent the entry fee to you yet but will do so tonight.

MAAM
Oops, I just grabbed my previous list and moved around those who had sent in an entrance fee.

@ Humphrey: thanks, got it.

Edit:
I did put my entrance fee in earlier today. But here's my official entrant.

Champion Anyanka (lvl 74)
Running RoF and CS

She's young, I'm not happy with the build (hybrid zon), and she just reached the RoF waypoint last night, sounds perfect.
Entry fee sent.

Wick
Entry stash sent.
Just sent my entrance fee - sorry it took so long, I had a gay chemistry project to finish. I was making Chlorophyll B, and I screwed up the cis- and trans- bonds, and I had to spend another 3 or 4 hours re-modelling and re-glueing. DIU I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW. :mad:

Oh yeah, jjscud, I forgot to mention my information in the e-mail:

- Softcore, Vanilla 1.11, no interaction with RRM or RWM on this particular character.
- Running with level 90 Meteorb (Sorceress) with about 300% Magic Find.

Sorry for the OT, but i just saw omgwtfbbq's response, and just out of curiosity- Are you cantonese? I base that statement on the fact that you sounded as though you were pronouncing and Cantonese swear word :lol:

[/hijack]
I'm gonna be starting in 20 minutes (chose GMT) with my lvl ** Berserker, Killeri. I'll be running RoF with ~250 MF (and with slvl 7 Horking).

Goodluck all! 👍
I started with my lvl 93 blizz sorc in the ancient tunnels, something like 550 mf with 250 more for a merc kill ( for the occasional CI). Found a Tals ammy already.

Good luck everyone!!!
Ok, I think we've got a solid list of eleven entrants. Not bad. Here we are.

Paid
Summoned
tweety
HolyPade
Salvo
jjscud
Humphrey
Wicket
omgwtfbbqpwned
M.A.A.M.
jrlaFrance
Shleefin

Everyone who has said they will join is all set. I'll still take registrants through the end of today but then its closed.
jjscud, sorry the rutgers e-mail was from me...i'm not completely sure how this choose your own time zone thing works, but i want to start at 8 PM "Berlin time" which is 2 PM EST. i will finish at 2am on monday "my time", 8am in Berlin. Is this acceptable?

i will run WSK with my lvl 93-very close to 94 skellymancer with 505% mf.

good luck all!
Yeah, I finally figured it out. And the time is fine. In fact you really didn't need to bother with the "Berlin time", just start sometime Friday and end 2.5 days later. i guess that means good luck starting just a few minutes ago.
Well, I think this is the end of MFO for me :confused: I'll be away not only Saturday, but Sunday also.
I'll play a bit at Sunday night, so not sending my finds now.
Good luck for other contestans 👍

Wick
I did quite a lot of runs already, but no top finds yet.

I did find this nice perfect resist Kira's

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 110
Durability: 20 of 25
Required Level: 77
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x5eda0b8e
+70 Defense
All Resistances +70
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen
No much luck yet for me, only got some nice gray items. Keep running...
Same here. I've only run Pindle before, and this is kinda disappointing...
Today was a pretty good day for me, a lot better than yesterday.
Now my runs are just as effective as Pindle running I would say.
most common item so far: Aldur's Rhythm
:rolleyes:

not a good weekend so far.

Edit: i take that back. my necro, after what seemed like forever getting that last millimeter of the bar, reached the milestone lvl 94. 2 months ago i hit 93 so i'd say come easter, he'll be celebrating his 95th :)
I think I should start running sometime soon. 3 of my items are at stake. :lol:
My weekend has been a bit too busy to my liking, only been able to finish ~30 runs with an average of one EU/10 runs.

Hoping to get some more runs today. GL all! 👍
I'm finished, 57 elite set/uniques in total, but the score of my two highest items is not unbeatable. I did find a grailer though for the first time in about six months, was happy about that.

Today was TC3 day.

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 17
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 3
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6fa62486
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 20
Durability: 7 of 7
Required Level: 3
Unidentified
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x3cf5a746
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 14
Durability: 18 of 24
Required Level: 2
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xca6b815c
+100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 8 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf69e43ef
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

Pretty rare stuff from a lv 85 area but no points.
Also found a Mal rune.
Sadly, after countless runs with my IK WW barb, my WW barb (axe mastery), my Meteorb sorc, and my summoner necro, I have this to report:

Yeah, exactly...nothing. No elite uniques or set items. :rant: :hanky:
i found a couple good items (including one :eek: moment when i thought i could have this tourny in the bag, yet it wasnt to be :uhhuh: ) and a half dozen or so elites in all, but nowhere near tweety's amazing total of 57. you, sir, must be a god or at least a human that doesnt require rest ;)
First, housekeeping stuff, I'm still waiting for scores from these players:

HolyPade
Salvo
Humphrey

As for me, i did get a spectacular find while running the Ancient tunnels it would be worth a big old pile of points except we don't count it.

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x62ee45f4
+417 to Attack Rating
+326 Defense
All Resistances +32
Level 22 Iron Golem (2/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (20/20 Charges)

That's good for a virtual 38.9 points and zero real points. Of course even virtually I would get my behind kicked by tweety's Touch of Iro.

Beyond that I really struggled, I think I had 4 total qualifiers.
here's a few non-qualifying finds:

Shimmering Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xb7d5fb60
All Resistances +5

Atma's Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 60
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x186f7c08
Poison Resist +75%
+39 poison damage over 4 seconds
Attacker Takes Damage of 5
+3 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Chance to cast Level 2 Amplify Damage on striking

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x55ec57a4
154% Extra Gold from Monsters
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 11%

Tarnhelm
Skull Cap
Defense: 10
Durability: 17 of 18
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 15
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7b9eceb8
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
49% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to All Skill Levels

really bad roll on the gheeds, but the almost perfect tarnhelm was nice.
Haven't played Diablo for days, so did no runs (just got Xenosaga ep2, been playing that instead, worth a look if you like rpgs). So my score is 0 :)
Sent out my results, jjscud, you have PM.

Nothing major dropped, though. Most useful drop was Shako.

Originally posted by: @jjscud

Ok, one last long post from me, first the results, the prize pickings will follow. Just a note, I ended up taking -1 for id'ed items, therankings would be the same as if they got zero points but it shows something for the effort.

1st. Wicket
Gris Redemption x2 11.3
Total 22.6

2nd. tweety
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Earth Shifter 9.3
Total 20

3rd. Shleefin
Giant Skull 8.1
Blackoak Shield 5.9
Total 14

HolyPade
Spike Thorn 6.6
Eschuta's Temper 4.6
Total 11.2

jjscud
Ormus' Robes 3.9
Trang-Oul's Girth 3.2
Total 7.1

omgwtfbbqpwned
Nat's Shadow 1.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer 1.9
Total 3.6

M.A.A.M
Griswold's Valor 4.3 -1 ID
Total 3.3

jrlafrance
Total 0

Summoned
Total 0

Humphrey
Total 0

Salvo
No Response

And now the prizes. First here is the info I need from the winners (top 3). I need an ordering of you stash preferences and a max number of stashes you want. For example I could say my preference is 2,4,6,8,10,1,3,5,7,9,11 but I only want 3 total stashes. If that doesn't make sense just ask for clarifications or ATMA readouts, I should be around most of today. Feel free to post your requests here or PM me.

Also each stash has the mods from that the items are under.

Prize stashes:

1. (RRM)
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Jewel (+30 Poison Res)

2. (vanilla)
Wizardspike
Laying of Hands
Jewel (+9 Dex, 35% ED to Undead, +48 ar to Undead)

3. (vanilla)
StormShield
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer
Jewel (+10 Res)

4. (vanilla)
IKSC
Doombringer
Jewel (+18 Max Stamina, +30% ED, +4 Max Damage, Reqs -15%)

5. (RRMRWM)
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Bloodmoon
jewel (+15 res all, Reqs -15%)
Several other jewels

6. (vanilla)
Windforce
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Jewel (36% ed)

7. (vanilla)
The Gladiator's Bane
Ondal's Almighty
Ruby Jewel of Fervor (20% fire res, 15% ias)

8. (RRMRWM)
Aldur's Stony Gaze
Bloodmoon
Viperfork
Jewel (14% ED, +2 Min Damage)
Jewel(+1 MinDamage, +8 MaxDamage, 1-5 cold damage, 5% MF)

9. (RRM)
Arachnid Mesh
IKSC
Jewel, Rainbow Facet 4/4 lightning Level up

10. (vanilla)
Astreon's Iron Ward
Griswold's Redemption
Jewel (38% ED, +14 Max Damage)

11. (vanilla)
Boneshade
Natalya's Shadow
Jewel (+16 Max Damage)

First Congrats to wicket!

But who the hell donated Astreon's!!!!!!!!
Congratz to Wicket! Which area did you run?

I'm not interested in any prizes, so the only items I would want are the ones I sent, which is stash 6.

Thanks jjscud for organizing this event 👍
@HolyPade - You'll be inserted in tweety's place after the first round, let me know what you want.

@Hrus and anyone else who's curious. I donated the Asteon's, I traded for it almost two weeks ago (from a vanilla player) and then just over a week ago made a big (D2 wise) decision to do a restart and go completely self found. That left me with a very nice, but completely useless to me, item and a tourney where I was hoping to have nice prizes. The two went together well.
Hello everyone I did quite a lot of run and end up with only one reflexly IDed qualifier, a Flamebellow for 3.3 points...
but got three skillers: entrapping, burning, and trainer + a Lum.
Sorry for the late response, I can't connect due squidity and i blame durf for that.
Congratz for the champ 👍

Thanks for organizing this event JJ!
I should've participated, but I didn't count on being home for the whole weekend, and I was going to relax a little.
I didn't though, I made 95 :teeth:
Just before the antipit I got mavina's diadem, armor and IKSC. During antipit i leveled my IK barb from 83-86 but got almost nothing at all! and just now after the antipit i got an arkaine's valor in just few runs...
Without Durf i'm going bananas *scream aloud*

@tweety: may i see your griffon stats? i'm desperation looking for a perfect -resist one
Thx everyone :)
I almost didn't have time for playing on Saturday and Sunday, so I spent almost whole night at Sunday, and went to work on Monday after 4h of sleep :lol:
Most of the time in Ancient Tunnels. A bit in Chaos Sancturay, but not too much.
As for the prizes: I pick stash 10, not interested in the other ones. I'll keep it for the next MFO, and donate it for the prizes.
@jjscud - Thx alot for the MFO 👍 If you're goin to organize next MFO, you can keep that stash, and donate it for the nxt tourney.

Wick
First, Prizes, Stashes 6 and 10 are out, the rest still remain, I'm passing so the current pick order is:

Shleefin
HolyPade
omgwtfbbqpwned

Second, a bit bigger prize discussion. Please feel free to comment even if you didn't participate in this one but are interested in participating in the future.

I plan to make sure more of these happen, probably every 6 - 8 weeks. By "make sure" I mean I'll do it if no one else does but wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to run them too.

So prizes, what would you guys like to see as prizes in the future. I've seen alot of generosity from everyone here at the SPF and really didn't expect to see the prizes get snatched up BUT it would be nice if there was something for the winner.

It seems that a trophy may be a good option. Wicket has already re-donated the Asteon's to the next MFO, that could make a nice trophy. I would be willing to make a char named Mini_MFO, puch him to the personalize quest and we could have Mini_MFO's Astreon's Iron Ward.

Another idea would be reverse trophies. A trophy stash that each winner gets to add a trophy to. Wicket would add first and with each new Mini-MFO the winner would get to add a personalized trophy to the stash and keep it till the next Mini-MFO.

One last thing, let have suggestions for where to run the next mini mfo.
i'm interested in stashes 5,1,and 9 in that order. only 1 stash necessary. thank you very much for this little MFO!!
jjscud said:
Perhaps you could do a MF/Keys tourney for 1.11 players. Collect as many of the 3 useless keys from Countess, Summoner & Nihlathak. You could have a side contest of highest rune from countess as well perhaps. Prizes would be for the person who collects the most of each individual key (1 prize per key), highest total overall number of keys, best rune & of course the MFO score component for items.

I don't know how it would fit with 1.10 players as they don't ge the keys, but I'm sure 1.11 is in the majority by far now.

Oh yeah, people would need to patch ATMA too. Anyway, it's an idea.
jjscud said:
Chaos Sanctuary + Diablo
or
NM Andariel aka SoJ hunt
or
Duriel
or
Travincal Council

(most of them requires making a scoring table)
First of all, congrats to Wicket for winning and thanks to jjscud for arranging the Mini-MFO. 👏

I'm interested in 3,4 and 7 in that order. One stash is enough. (any of these happen to be 1.10?)

Regarding the next MFO/Mini-MFO, I think that the trophy stash is very good idea. I'm still poor itemwise but getting there eventually and the bragging rights that come with the trophy stash could be prize enough for most of us. :p

I like Hrus' idea on the SoJ hunt, who gets the most wins + additional points for other finds? 👍
Congrats Wicket!

More of these would be great, I hope I'll get round to participating in the next one.

The trophy idea sounds fun. Also I liked being able to pay the tourny fee in advance and not have to use the items I found, if it happens again like that it'd be good.
HolyPade said:
I'm interested in 3,4 and 7 in that order. One stash is enough. (any of these happen to be 1.10?)
Yes, #4 is 1.10. Would you prefer that or #3?

It sounds like we will do another SoJ hunt. (Besides, I've yet to find an SoJ and need a good excuse to look some more) Just a bit of history for those curious, we've done an SoJ hunt Mini-MFO before, even with a decent turnout no one managed to find an SoJ.

Also, based on comments here and my own experience with how players pick prizes, I think it sounds best to move to a trophey prize. After sitting on it for a day, I really like the idea of a reverse troophey stash. Each winner gets to add a personalized (It doesn't really have to be personalized I guess) item to the stash. It can be anything, a Cracked Sash, or whatever.
# 4 then, please.

Reverse trophy, it would be very funny to have a dump of the items every now and then, just to see the mad creativity of all the great people that is SPF. I like this idea. :lol:
Stash sent.

So, stashes 1,2,3,7,8,9,11 are left

omgwtfbbqpwned and
M.A.A.M.

are up, after that, its open season and by end of day friday I'll send anything left back to its original owner.
None for me thanks, I'm self-found. Might have taken my own back but probably not and as it's already gone it's a moot point. Thanks for the tourney JJ.

MAAM
None for me either.

Thanks for organizing the tourney. :)
You have mail, all of you. Well most anyways.

I sent back all unclaimed prize stashes to their original owners. Actually I forward the email with the stashes back and deleted the stashes on my computer.

Thanks again for playing and come play again soon in the next Mini-MFO The SoJ Hunt.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High