Mini-MFO III (Lord of the Pit) [by ricrestoni]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @ricrestoni on Oct 25, 2004.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

3rd Weekend Mini-MFO

Yes, we are back this weekend - is tweety going to be defeated this time, or will he prove once again he is invincible? Fasten your seatbelts, it is the...

3rd Weekend Mini-MFO
Lord of the Pit Edition

The rules:

0 (the implied rule) - If thou reads this, THOU MUST BY ALL MEANS TAKE PART ON IT!

1- It starts this Friday, 10-29, 8 PM, and ends next Monday, 11-01, 8 AM. These are your local time.

2- Thou shalt pay the subscription fee and subscribe thyself for any categories thou wishest, before it begins. Only members of the SPF may enter the competition.

2.1- As a member of the SPF, thou must fulfill at least one of the following pre-requisites:

- Post an intro thread
- Frequent EMB
- Blame Durf

2.2- The subscription fee, for thy knowledge, is a rune TIR or better, a jewel and a Perfect Gem of thy choosing, which thou must send to ricrestoni at pop dot com dot br for thy entrance to be accepted.

2.3- The categories are Softcore and Hardcore. Thou shalt clearly state which one(s) thou competest at by posting it properly at this thread and/or stating it clearly by e-mail.

2.4- If thy desires are to compete in both categories, send two entry fees, separated accordingly.

3- Thou shalt kill all monsters in level-85 areas in your category(ies) until thy eyes wither, and horde thy spoils. The pit is a favourite, but there are others. Read this guide to know more.

4- Thou shalt NOT post your findings prior to the ending. Tweety, thy bragger, refrain thy instincts!

5- Thou shalt, when it is over, send to ricrestoni at pop dot com dot br the following:

- Thy forum name.

And for each category:

- Thy character info (class, build, level, %MF).
- ATMA readings of thy 2 rarest findings from the Pit or the other allowed areas during the valid period, containing all item information, including - but not limited to - fingerprints. Only set and unique elite items are valid entries, so thou knowest.

5.1- Thy info MUST be sent up to 36 hours after the end of the competition.

6- The competitor who gets the rarest item wins. Rarity shall be measured by a list for each category where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item).

6.1- If a tie occurs, the competitor who found the 2nd rarest item wins.

6.2- If the tie persists, then it is a draw.

6.3- If a draw occurs between the victors, the prizes shall be divided in a brotherly fashion.

7- No items shall be claimed from winners at this edition. Finder's keeper's, if thou preferest.

8- Thou shall NOT identify the items thou intendest to apply to thy victory. ATMA is reserved to give thee the pleasures of thy finding, not Deckard Cain. IDed items willl NOT be accepted as valid entries.

8.1- Optional rulings shall be reserved for MAC users and other special cases.

9- The prizes will be 3 stashes for each category, the jewel one, the runes and the gems, all filled with thy paid fees. They shall be given like this:

1st place - first pick
2nd place - second pick
3rd place - remaining stash

9.1- Contents of the prize stashes are accessable by request from any competitor.

9.2- Additional prizes may be donated to the victors, and if they exist, they will be treated as this narrator sees fit.

10- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

11- Thou wilt have fun!

The list of items will follow soon.

Cheers!

Last edited:
count me in...will send payment later today

-roninDOG
Glad you changed that fourth rule. :lol:

I'm in for the Softcore class. I'll enter with my lvl 91 Fishymancer, Ganjah. He will be wearing close to 800, and close to 900 on merc kill, MF.

The previous competition winners have mostly been determined by the amount of time put into the MFO, this has much more meaning when running single targets. I hope area running changes this. Again, can't wait for the weekend.

Good luck for ya all and may the h4x0rest SPFer win!
I'm in of course. Softcore, but I don't know which area and characters I will run with.
I assume Baals minions are not included?
Payment will be in the mail at the end of the day.
I might actually be able to take part in this one... got a HC Assassin in Act 4 Nightmare right now, and provided I don't die, I should definitely be in Act 1 Hell by Friday. :)
Oh boy, my Strafazon is a bit scared of Hell.

Tough luck for her, I'm in. Don't know which area yet and payment will be sent sometime today.

Edit: Softie
Level 85 Areas (based on drop probabilities from Unique monsters in the areas)

Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1
Dangoon's Teaching 1.3
Laying of Hands 1.4
Dark Adherent 1.6
Natalya's Shadow 1.7
Credendum 1.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer 1.9
Arioc's Needle 2.3
Wizardspike 2.3
Ondal's Almighty 2.3
Bonehew 2.3
M'avina's Embrace 2.3
Shadow Killer 2.4
Windhammer 2.5
Ethereal Edge 2.5
Hellslayer 2.6
Viperfork 2.6
Hellrack 2.6
Gimmershred 2.8
Demon Limb 2.8
Jade Talon 3
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator 3.1
Lightsabre 3.1
Naj's Light Plate 3.1
Naj's Puzzler 3.1
Trang-Oul's Girth 3.2
Tal Rasha's Guardianship 3.2
Baranar's Star 3.2
Rune Master 3.2
Djinn Slayer 3.2
Flamebellow 3.3
The Reaper's Toll 3.3
Demon's Arch 3.3
Taebaek's Glory 3.3
Trang-Oul's Guise 3.3
Aldur's Deception 3.3
Bloodmoon 3.3
Nord's Tenderizer 3.5
Razor's Edge 3.6
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 3.8
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 3.8
Ormus' Robes 3.9
Sandstorm Trek 3.9
Harlequin Crest 4.1
Natalya's Mark 4.3
Tomb Reaver 4.3
Cranebeak 4.3
Wraith Flight 4.3
Widowmaker 4.3
Lacerator 4.3
Andariel's Visage 4.3
Verdungo's Hearty Cord 4.3
Immortal King's Soul Cage 4.3
M'avina's True Sight 4.3
Griswold's Valor 4.3
Eschuta's Temper 4.6
Messerschmidt's Reaver 4.6
Frostwind 4.6
Fleshripper 4.6
Gut Siphon 4.6
Thunderstroke 4.7
The Gladiator's Bane 4.9
Marrowwalk 5
Stormshield 5
Firelizard's Talons 5.2
M'avina's Caster 5.2
Medusa's Gaze 5.7
Nightwing's Veil 11.4
Veil of Steel 11.4
Doombringer 5.7
Warshrike 5.7
Eaglehorn 5.7
Leviathan 5.7
Stone Crusher 5.8
Arachnid Mesh 5.9
Blackoak Shield 5.9
Dracul's Grasp 5.9
Stoneraven 6
Steel Shade 6.6
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Spike Thorn 6.6
Soul Drainer 6.6
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Horizon's Tornado 6.8
Wolfhowl 7.3
Arkaine's Valor 7.8
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Ondal's Wisdom 7.8
Boneshade 7.9
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Steel Carapace 8.1
Giant Skull 8.1
Spirit Ward 8.1
Alma Negra 9.1
The Grandfather 9.3
Death Cleaver 9.3
Windforce 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
Executioner's Justice 9.3
Stormspire 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
The Redeemer 19.5
Heaven's Light 19.5
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Boneflame 10.4
Steelrend 10.7
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Cerebus' Bite 11
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Templar's Might 12
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Dragonscale 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6
Azurewrath 15.6
Death's Fathom 16.8
The Cranium Basher 18.6
Earth Shifter 18.6
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Schaefer's Hammer 23.1
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Death's Web 27.9
Stormlash 34
Tyrael's Might 96.4

And of course I am in! Baiacu the lvl88 fishymancer, running the Pit SC at players 5 with around 400 MF.

To help tweety, as if you needed it: IIRC, Blizz sorcs just love to run the act 2 desert trapdoor place - what was the name? Level 85, no cold immunes. That is what I heard.

-> Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels - that is it! - , Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary, Worldstone Keep all levels, Throne of Destruction).

- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas, except Baal's and Diablo's minions, counts as valid droppers. Chests and similars are OK as well.

Edit: I recall people saying that some values might be wrong, namely those item that share the same item type (2 unique phase blades, thunder mauls, legendary mallets, etc). If you people know something about it, please correct me ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: thou shalt be warned, for the reason above, the rarity values of some items might be changed during the competition, but only to increase rarity accuracy. Thou shall trust on thy judge for this matter.
Well I've never been in an MF Olympic, but here is another one just awaiting entry. I guess there is no time like the present. I have no idea how much time I will be able to put towards this, but I'll give it my best. To the pits it is.

Entrant:

Drucilla
Blizzard / Meteor Sorc
Level 84
MF - Between 200-400 (I really have no idea!)

I'll email my entry fee tonight.

Edit - Softcore
I am in this time. I will actually do the runs instead of just paying the fee. Payment will be sent after I get home from work.

I plan on running the Pit/Ancient tunnels/Mosoleum with my level 92 Cold Sorc.

I plan on winning as long as I can get a little luck from the DROP GODS!

JK, good luck everyone!

Edit: oh yeah, softcore
You just plan on...

*evil laughter*
*hands a briefcase full of money to drop gods*
Cool, another mini-MFO ! Count me in !
As always, i'll use my (now) clvl 90 softcore Meteorb and i'll mostly run the Pit, but in the coming days i'll see whether any of the other lvl 85 areas can become options, if not just for variety's sake.
Fee will be sent shortly.

Good luck everyone !
@ricrestoni Shouldn't you reduce the point value of the unique thundermauls and the mighty scepters? Thats how it was done in the last MFO's

@the rest You can plan and bribe all you want, but statistically I should win.
ive been waiting for the pit one, excellent. 👍

pinniethewootwo

lvl 92 zon

416 mf, 333-3522 multi shot dmg, and a whopping 483 life with red resistances

payment will be sent shortly
You stole my zon, wait nope, she's still there (and that's a bit much damage).

Seriously, I was considering dropping some mf to turn my res's white, is it worth it for running the pits?
I'm in, but you'll have to wait a while for the entry fee. I tend to add a bit of color, so I'll let you know if I find anything like a Lo. :teeth: Just kidding, but I'm going to have to kill for jewels, since right now my softcore stashes are as empty as a mug of beer unfortunate enough to land in the hands of an EMB visitor.

The participant will be my level 93 Tal Rasha cold-based sorceress with ~300% magic find. Decided to cut back from 400-500% for a faster frame of casting.
*hands bigger briefcase of money to Green Ring and Breastplate God and whispers N'thraXX name*

heh
Ok, I'm in for Softcore. Payment will be sent out shortly.

89 hammerdin with 450-500 mf on players 6-8.
First, I am in. lvl 91 hammerdin Gabriel, can't remember what my mf is.

Okay, stupid question I am sure, but I cannot think of where the Ancient Tunnels are.

Also, out of curiousity, why do most people run the pits for a lvl 85 area?
Ancient Tunnels: Act 2 Lost City - Under a trap door

Pit:
1. Basically, it's act 1... usually easier
2. No poison immunes
3. No "natural" physical immunes
Ahhhh, that would be why I couldn't remember. I don't think I have even done that since my first couple characters.

no you shouldn't really need resistances down there, thats the whole point of the pits. more dmg + more mf is all that matters IMHO
Hi guys,

I want to compete, but have a small question before hand:
Which char to play with?
Contenders are:
- Agent Smith: fanatic zealot, somewhat succesfull in the last editon
- Trinity: the chick in black leather, a trapsin, with maxed LS/DS and a near maxed WoI. She used to be my main MF'er, but her equip got transfered to Agent smith.
- Niobe: A LF/CS zon, who unfortunately killed the cow king, so needs an area without LI's. Still my favorite char of the three, but has been inactive since the end of the first TWD

These are my only chars in Hell, so it has to be one of them.

So i'm in, you'll decide who and where!

Gouda
@Ricardo: Unique Mighty Scepter has 1:4510 chance to drop from Hell Baal (1 pl, 0 MF). However there are two unique mighty scepters with the equal rarity. So the rarity of each mighty scepter is doubled to 1:9020. The mighty scepter is in TC63. Since there is only one unique type of other TC63 items, they don’t get double score. The same is true for Unique Thunder Mauls too. That is why we reduced the scores of these items in previous Full-MFO.

@ALL:

I got Radeon 9800Pro and 1Gb RAM recently, and my mind is under influence of Doom 3 now. :)
I hope I’ll come-back at weekend if I find some willpower. :)

So sign me for HC.

If all be OK I’ll find items for payment and send them before all begins.

I’ll be playing with my 2nd Mini-MFO HC Champion Freezing Arrow Zon (level 77 now) or HC Lightning Trapper (level 75) if Doom 3 will be so kind to allow me it. :D

Truly yours, the conqueror of hell demons Igor. :king:

EDIT:
I’m going to play Zon in the Mausoleum (No CI) or Sin in the Pit (DS!). Each has ~200 MF.

… or stupid character with stupid name Marine in goddamn deeps of Doom3 without any chance to find everyone’s favorite Plate. :-(
@ Igor & Tweety: So if I understand it right, some items are twice as rare as it appears in the list. Which ones are those? I have to make a complete list before it starts, preferably.
Here are the items, which scores should be divided by two:

The Redeemer (Mighty Scepter)
Heaven's Light (Mighty Scepter)
Earthshifter (Thunder Maul)
The Cranium Basher (Thunder Maul)
And also

Nightwings Veil (Spired Helm)
Veil of Steel (Spired Helm)

They are in the right spot on the list, but the points are doubled.
@ Igor : if you play doom3 as much as a lot of us sometimes play D2, you'll have finished the game by the time the MFO starts, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem to participate :)

About the mighty scepter etc thing, i don't really get why the score shouldn't be doubled. What does having other uniques in the same TC have to do with anything ?
I think its because both Mighty Scepter Uniques have the same chance to be picked (ie. chance to roll unique, the TC Mighty Scepters are in and the chance to pick Mighty Scepter), but theres two of them, so after all of that theres a 50% chance either unique could be picked.

So each individual Mighty Scepter unique is actually twice as rare.
Edit: Nevermind, it seems that there was talk about dividing and doubling them... I got myself mixed up. Either way QS explained it.
Quicksilver said:
I think its because both Mighty Scepter Uniques have the same chance to be picked (ie. chance to roll unique, the TC Mighty Scepters are in and the chance to pick Mighty Scepter), but theres two of them, so after all of that theres a 50% chance either unique could be picked.

So each individual Mighty Scepter unique is actually twice as rare.
That part i get, but why were their scores halved in the MFO, like Igor said ?
Upon a second look at the table, this makes both unique mighty scepters twice as rare as a Grandfather or a Windforce... this is just a concept that seems a little strange...

Thanx for explaining !
Partial list of competitors (let me know if the category is wrong):

SC
ricrestoni
yashugan_
jjscud
shermo
Summoned
TenYearsGone
tweety
DriveC
* roninDOG
* N'thraXX
* ron
* Gabriel74

HC
* Quicksilver
* Gouda
* Igor Potapov

* <- still owes the entry fee

I am really not sure about dividing those values by 2. Finding a unique Spired Helm, for example, is as difficult as finding a unique Crusader Bow, so if you find one instead of the other gives you a huge (dis)advantage. On the other hand, getting a Veil of Steel is twice as hard as a Eaglehorn, because you have to drop a golden Spired Helm, and then it might end up being a Nightwing's. I want to know what you people think about it before a final decision. A third option is to give these items a smaller bonus (say, 50% instead of the full 100%).

Here are the items that fall under this category. I don't know which ones have chance-to-drop-that-item points and which ones have chance-to-drop-unique-of-this-base-item points.

Also, there are those items that share the same base, but are not equally likely to drop, like Azurewrath and Lightsaber. I don't think I am getting this right, so help me more, please!

Items that may have points changed, according to what we agree:

Spired Helms: Nightwing Veil and Veil of Steel (both TC81)
Sacred Armors: Templar's Might and Tyrael's Might (both TC87)
Legendary Mallets: Schaeffer's Hammer and Stone Crusher (both TC84)
Scourges: Horizon's Tornado and Stormlash (both TC78)
Thunder Mauls: Earth Shifter and The Cranium Basher (both TC87)
Mighty Scepters: Heaven's Light and The Redeemer (both TC63)
Phase Blades: Lightsaber and Azurewrath (both TC75)

And that is it. Wow, long post!
Only the uniques that have an equal probability should have there points halved. Those are the Spired Helms, Mighty Scepters and Thunder Mauls.
If somebody found a Cranium Basher and somebody else a Windforce, the score should be the same, because they both found a base item that is equally rare. No point in giving the Cranium Basher finder a bonus, because there is also another Thunder Maul.

I don't know anymore what would be best, but that is how it was done in previous MFO's, as long as the rules are straightened out before the start.

The discussion before the previous MFO can be found here.
You don't need to adjust any scores. What does it matter if the unique mighty scepter is the redeemer? The rarity of the unique doesn't change. I'm sure that ATMA accounted for the fact that there are two of the same uniques, thus azurewrath is rarer than lightsabre according to it.
@yashugan_
If you would know how many times I passed Doom1, Doom2 and Heretic when I bought my first ever computer at 1997, you wouldn’t say that. :lol:
And I had not been playing Doom since the time I bought Diablo I in 1998! :) (I don’t count entire Quake serial and Half-Life with add-ons).
I definitely need to pass Nightmare difficulty in Doom if it is possible. I guess it is as hard as making Guardian in Diablo.

@ricrestoni
IMO both halved and normal score systems are correct. It is true that Death's Fathom, for example, is rarer than Unique Thunder Maul. However Cranium Basher is rarer than the Death's Fathom, just because there are two different Unique Thunder Mauls with equal rarity.
I think you should organize a kind of vote about score system. Look through this thread and calculate how many peoples are for score halving and how many are against.
I vote for it.

EDIT:
P.S. I have killed a boss last night, that looked exactly like Diablo in the place of Doom3, that looked exactly like Hell. Did iD bought license for it from Blizzard? :scratch:
Yeah, an area I can run. :lol: I'll send in my entry later tonight.

Lvl 90 spearazon 400%mf
I definately vote against halving the scores. I'm too tired to explain my view though. Its got some thing to do with "what if there were 2 unique hydra bows?", one which was useless and one that was good. That would make the good one twice as hard to find and twice as rare, surely?
Just sent my payment to enter.

So I'll be running the Pit with Darkstryke, my level 75~ (its going to change as I'll be levelling during the runs) HC Trapassin, with about 150% MF, possibly about 250% if I find I can safely fight without my resistance gear.
This sounds like fun! I'll enter with my 89 SC blizzard sorc (AT is teh pwnzr)... Payment will be sent presently.
I might after all be running with my lvl 82 LF/Strafer Athene. Have to make up my mind...

For the points thing, I vote for halving it.

Why, finding a unique mighty scepter is exactly as hard as finding a unique Hyrda Bow, I think it should have the same points.

If there was a chance that a Unique Might Scepter would revert to a white then there would be an argument, in my mind, but you shouldn't get double points for a guaranteed action (getting one of the two items)

This scoring seems to be consistent with the games logic.

Windforce 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Steel Pillar 9.3
The Redeemer OR Heaven's Light 9.3

I would conceed and give the doubles an extra 10th of a point to break any ties.

That's just what I think, I'll be happy either way as we're all playing under the same rules.

edit: too many typos
How do people run the Pits? Do you guys do full clears or do you go straight to level 2? Just wondering.
I think most do full clears with players x set as high as they can manage. I run with players 8.
So half it is. I am seriously considering giving an extra 0.1 point for those items, though, just to win ties - after all, they ARE twice as rare. Tonight I will update the list of competitors.

Quick Q: The mighty scepters and spired helms are clearly doubled in the list, but what about the Thunder Mauls? Are they 18.6 or 9.3?
Thunder Mauls should be 9.3, just as rare as a Windforce. 0.1 point extra is fine with me, your call.
Payment sent.

PS. LF/Strafer is 0.01cm away from level 85. Now at Hell Act 4, today started from Hell Act 2.
I'm probably the oddball, I don't do players 8 or full clears BUT the map I'm using is quite a distance to the Level 2 entrance and I stop and clear out two little hives of baddies. When all is said and done I clear a significant portion of Level 1 with almost no backtracking.

As far as players settings, I believe speed is most important so I do P 1. I think most agree that speed is important but are simply better equipped to kill at p 8 quickly.

@N'thraxx how's LF/Strafazon working? I've seriously considered this build and didn't know anyone who had tried it.
I will send my payment tonight, I found a juicy 13 all resist jewel with another mod that I will include in my payment. It will be a nice reward for the winner. BTW I love the idea of these MFO's! Keep em coming.

P.S. the 13 resist all jewel is nice, but not as nice as some of the drops we will find. I predict some really nice finds with so many of the highest TC areas being run!

Edit: I have been doing some practice runs of the pits and ancient tunnels on various player settings. I think I will run it on players 8, but last night on players 5 I found steelrends and occy in the pit and trangs helm in the ancient tunnels in 5 or so runs. Got a mal rune too, but I think that was on players 8. Maybe I will stick the mal in with my payment since I found it practicing for this event :)
I also finished Kanat the LF/strafezon. Must say, LF is teh pwn. Quick Pindle runner, huge Cow mower. i chose Razortail over Tgods, but changed my mind against gloams.

I used Strafe mainly against LIs, single tough monsters and to leech. From NM on, might merc.

Sometimes I wonder, though, if I should have made instead a pure lightning sorc. Strafe is cool but kinda low-damaging. The charged-boltish spear skill seems to be a great boss killer, and synergizes to increase LF damage even more.

The pit? I run with my fishy, players 5 (the highest I am comfortable with), killing everything in the shortest path to level 2. Best finds so far were a Marrowwalks, a Lightsabre, a Warshrike (winged knife) and a Wraith Flight (Ghost Glaive). Those are quite some time ago. Also, my map is weird - really close to the Black Marsh WP - is that it? The area right before Tamoe Highlands.
Yup Black Marsh is right before Tamoe.

One question. What the heck is a fishymancer! I have seen that reference several times in this forum, and I can't figure it out. I love necromancers, (I am assuming it is a necro variant) and have at least one of each build I can think of. I WANT A FISHYMANCER!
All right, even though I'd get better stuff running the Pits this weekend if I decided not to join, I just gotta. I'll be home in an hour, expect payment promptly this time...
If people are only concerned about winning this thing, then it would make sense to run on players one. It's almost certainly goin to take a TC87 to win and those can only drop from bosses and champions whose drop rates aren't affected by players setting. Of course there are lots of other nice things that be dropped by normal pit monsters.
ron said:
Yup Black Marsh is right before Tamoe.

One question. What the heck is a fishymancer! I have seen that reference several times in this forum, and I can't figure it out. I love necromancers, (I am assuming it is a necro variant) and have at least one of each build I can think of. I WANT A FISHYMANCER!
LOL! :lol: Fishymancer is a simple skellimancer. It has that name because the guide to him was written by Nightfish, and it was so well written and complete, and the build is so easy, not equipment-dependable and not skill-demanding, that it was since then the favourite 1st 1.10 char for everyone. So it was named after the guy who discovered the gold stuff! You can also find a Vegasorc (MF meteorb). And I like to call IK WW barb the Aramil barb, because he wrote the great guide that made half the forum start one.

Edit: For you to know, max Skelly+mastery, 1 pt Golem+mastery, ~5 in summon resists, 1 all curses, max CE, rest in Revives, Amplify Damage or Summon Resist. Might Merc. Piece of cake.

@shermo: Never found a TC87, ain't this the perfect timing? :teeth:
Now this will come as a shocker: I always want to know better all my fellas forumites, and I went to search tweety's profile and intro post. They wasn't there. So i went to EMB to find a post of his/hers. Nope, still. Finally, a quick search for Blame Durf in his threads returned zip. HEY, YOU ARE NOT A SPFer, according to the rules! And the rules are the rules, so you better do something about it lest you want a mob of mMFO losers carrying torches and pitchforks!

j/k :teeth:

...or am I?

*insert evil laughter*

:scratch: :drink:
Finally I'm uncovered. *Evil HaXXor laugh*

I'm pretty sure I did an intro thread, maybe it was before the last forum crash. I blame Durf for that crash by the way.
And there you are, abiding by the rules! OK, mob, scatter, nothing to see here. Hey you, no swearing! That's more like it.
hey dont worry tweety, i only just posted my intro thread this week!
ricrestoni said:
LOL! :lol: Fishymancer is a simple skellimancer. It has that name because the guide to him was written by Nightfish, and it was so well written and complete, and the build is so easy, not equipment-dependable and not skill-demanding, that it was since then the favourite 1st 1.10 char for everyone. So it was named after the guy who discovered the gold stuff! You can also find a Vegasorc (MF meteorb). And I like to call IK WW barb the Aramil barb, because he wrote the great guide that made half the forum start one.

Edit: For you to know, max Skelly+mastery, 1 pt Golem+mastery, ~5 in summon resists, 1 all curses, max CE, rest in Revives, Amplify Damage or Summon Resist. Might Merc. Piece of cake.
Oh. I thought it was something new and cool. I have several skellimancers using that almost same build. I just dont put many in the revives. Thanks for the reply!
I'm in!

I don't have nearly as much time as the last mini-mfo, but I'm in. Will be running with Lyssa, my lvl 83 witchyzon. Not sure of her mf%, but probably between 100-200. Payment will be sent here in a bit. Good luck all!!

Tulani

edit: forgot to mention Lyssa is softcore
I wan't to join, just sent my subscription fee to.

My contestant will be my Blizzysorc, and she will be running the Ancient tunnels. She is currently in act1 Inner cloister at level 78 but she will get there before it starts. Her MF will be around 400% it will increase a bit when I level because of my Skullder's

And it's HC for me.

Good Luck all

DX

I defeated the final boss of Doom 3 in Marine (2nd) difficulty, Hell Baron. So I’ll definitely participate in this MFO… a bit before I start Veteran difficulty.

May I send just three perfect gems as payment? I think the two additional perfect gems are adequate replacement for a rune and a jewel, which I don’t have now, aren’t they?

I re-calculated the scores of the arguing uniques by the ATMA drop calculator and the rule of halving. I used the drop probability of IK Maul by Unique Devilkin in Pit in players1 mode with 0% MF as equivalent of a score point – 0,00009022042068% probability = 1 score point.
Here are my results:
Code:
Item                                 Score
Immortal King's Stone Crusher          1.0
Nightwing's Veil                       5.7
Veil of Steel                          5.7
Earth Shifter                          9.3
The Cranium Basher                     9.3
Heaven's Light                         9.8
The Redeemer                           9.8
P.S.: Wow! The Keeper of The SPFHCL is with us. I guess the competition in HC category will be more interesting this time.

EDIT:
Ricardo said:
6.3- If a draw occurs between the victors, the prizes shall be divided in a brotherly fashion.
:lol: I prefer “equal dividing” against “brotherly dividing” (jk). :lol:
Ok, I'll give it a try this weekend. :uhhuh:
Will be entering with my Blizzard sorc, My-Yatara, lvl 94, ~600 mf or so
Obviously will be endlessly running the ancient tunnes (or something.. those things in act2)

The "subscription fee" will be sent this midday or maybe tonight as i don't have any time for it right now (I am already late with going to uni.)
Igor Potapov said:
P.S.: Wow! The Keeper of The SPFHCL is with us. I guess the competition in HC category will be more interesting this time.
I guess you are talking about me Igor, or am I wrong on this :idea:

DX
Yep! I mean “The Keeper of SPFHCL Thread” of cause. ;)

EDIT: OH! I forgot about AE’s rules. I need to post something on-topic.
Well… :scratch: Hmmm…
I did first Mausoleum run with my FA Zon in /players1 mode to test the water. Nothing useful though. However I discovered that she may handle even /players8 mode!
New update:

SC
ricrestoni
yashugan_
jjscud
shermo
Summoned
TenYearsGone
tweety
DriveC
sunbearie
roninDOG
N'thraXX
* ron
* Gabriel74
MCCCXXXVII
JicamaEater
clerictulani
Slartibartfast

HC
Quicksilver
Gouda
* Igor Potapov
DX-Crawler

A lot of players on this one! 👏

I may have comitted some mistake in handling entry fees, so please Ron and Gabriel, if you have sent it and I have ack'd, send it again for confirmation.

@Igor: Let's do it like that: you send me 2 Pgems, BUT... the very first valid rune and the very first jewel that drops to you are sent to the prize stashes. It doesn't matter if it is a Jah and a 40/15. OK?

Oh, and I decided for the 0.1 thing, so, Igor, your table should have 0.1 added to the 6 items to have the correct final scores.
Sorry ric, I haven't sent it yet. You know I'm good for it. I will send it later today.
I tried to send it last night but had tech difficulties. I will resend tonight. Sorry
Yeehaw! What area should I run. . .
River of Flame: Good CE Meat (Urdars get torn up!) lack of ranged monsters, plenty of uniques, high hit point monsters though
Ancient tunnels :lol: :Magic Immune Zombies, just the way Patriarch Clyde the bonemancer likes it. . .
Pit: Easy, but getting there takes way too long for my patience. . .I want to get in lots of runs!
WSK: :lol:
Arreat Summit: w00t!

I think I'll try RoF first and see how that goes. Plus I can always turn around and try to get good stuff from Big D as well.
I have not seen anyone that is going to do the same as me, so I keep my tactics secret for the moment.
I do have a lot of possibilies to choose from, so I can always change, I have a Fishymancer, Hammerdin, Blizzard sorc, Meteorb all decked out in MF and ready to go. I wish I had more computers and more hands.
I haven't done a lot of RoF runs, but I think the concentration of boss packs in the RoF is not so high.
tweety said:
I have not seen anyone that is going to do the same as me, so I keep my tactics secret for the moment.
I do have a lot of possibilies to choose from, so I can always change, I have a Fishymancer, Hammerdin, Blizzard sorc, Meteorb all decked out in MF and ready to go. I wish I had more computers and more hands.
I haven't done a lot of RoF runs, but I think the concentration of boss packs in the RoF is not so high.
I have a ** Meteorb, 91 Fishy, 91 Hammerdin and a 86 LF/Strafer to choose from. I'm guessing that you concentrate on killing the boss packs only, no? Run every (or those good for the chosen char) lvl 85 area on the same run?

Anyway, just got my LF/Strafer to Matriarch. Yesterday I was still at Act II. Is it okay to use two different chars in the MFO? Eq. Fishy and LF/Strafer.
I told you I would keep it a secret :lol:

Its going to involve my lvl 94 meteorb and so much speed...
Lucky for me there is no doping test.
ricrestoni said:
@Igor: Let's do it like that: you send me 2 Pgems, BUT... the very first valid rune and the very first jewel that drops to you are sent to the prize stashes. It doesn't matter if it is a Jah and a 40/15. OK?
No. I got the point. The rules are the rules.
I managed to find a jewel in fifth Mausoleum run (or was it sixth?). So I have sent normal payment as everyone else.
Only green/gold colored finding was Sigon’s belt. However I managed to level to 78!
Lucky for you Igor that you don't need to donate a Jewel like this one, I found it in the Ancient Tunnels recently:

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xd08da519
+39% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

Nice warm up before the MFO tomorrow hopefully my luck will turn from Blue to Burlywood and Limegreen

DX
Hey RoninDOG, what about donating from the upcoming giveaway to the winners of the mMFO?
I usually get three concentrated boss packs (i.e. really close) on the Pit Level 1, with three more on level 2.

I think I had ten boss packs and two champion packs in RoF last time I went down there, plus Hephasto.

I'll look into it tonight, though it seems unlikely that I will choose something besides the RoF/Pits.
Oh yeah, I'm in this for definite! 👍

No chances of dying from questing now that my Trapassin turned Guardian, so I WILL be entering :)

Time to hunt those Elite Uniques (although, I've already fulfilled my goal of finding one :p)! 👏
Ahh, five RoF runs later, I'm still not convinced either way. I like RoF much more than the Pit. More accessible, more bosses (I swear by it, I really do!). By the time I can walk into Tamoe Highland I can kill two RoF bosses, and I can run around and clean up all the bosses between the waypoint and the city in about ten minutes. Okay, I didn't actually time it, but it appears Clyde will be following these rules:
1. Thou shalt kill ONLY Champions and Unique monsters on thy quest for MFO glory (see no. 7)
2. Thou shalt pick up all Exceptional and Elite armors, and sell them for the well deserved price of 35k gold
3. Thou shalt touch all chests on the pathway, and none that are not
4. Thou shalt reenter the River if thy map is infested with Maggots or Spawners
5. Thou shalt avoid the Hellforge, at all costs
6. Thou shalt kill all Bosses, even (especially?) Extra Fast Mana Burn Fire Enchanted Maw Fiends (the worst, by far)
7. If thine enemies are Mana Burn, Fire Enchanted, and/or Extra Fast thou shalt kill the minion packs
8. Thou shalt curse the game for any and all Green Breastplates that desecrate the ground of Hell with their presence
9. Thou shalt not decieve the good members of the SPF into thinking that a Wolfhowl (Thine first Elite Unique) that the first Urdar boss in the River of Flame dropped tonight was dropped tomorrow night
Sweet! It's going to be a fun weekend.
JicamaEater said:
...desecrate the ground of Hell...
:lol:

This is just a note that I've made a new discovery: I can't add! :teeth:

Tal Rasha's Set (14% belt) + 2x Ptopaz - 215%
War Traveler - 49%
Rhyme Shield - 25%
2x Perfect Nagelring - 60%
Gheed's Fortune - 38%
3x 7% smfc - 21%
1x 5% smfc - 5%

Total - 413%
There's been a slight change of plans,

i'll now be using, charge, lvl 96 hammerdin, 406 mf.

I've also found a map with the pit very close to the black marsh wp. It takes about 10 seconds to get there charging, and my map spawns about 9 or ten bosses each time.

and it starts in 38 minutes for me
I was just practicing for the MFO and got a Ravenlore from a what I think was a Devil Kin. It's 12th hardest item to find, just below Azurewrath.

Unfortunately it doesn't count since it's 9:24AM here.

oops, id'ed my first qualifier. It wasn't a winner, but i've got to be more careful
I completely recalculated all final scores. I hope they are OK now.

Code:
Immortal King's Stone Crusher      1.0
Dangoon's Teaching                 1.3
Laying of Hands                    1.4
Dark Adherent                      1.6
Natalya's Shadow                   1.7
Credendum                          1.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer           1.9
Arioc's Needle                     2.3
Wizardspike                        2.3
Ondal's Almighty                   2.3
Bonehew                            2.3
M'avina's Embrace                  2.3
Shadow Killer                      2.4
Windhammer                         2.5
Ethereal Edge                      2.5
Hellslayer                         2.6
Viperfork                          2.6
Hellrack                           2.6
Gimmershred                        2.8
Demon Limb                         2.8
Jade Talon                         3.0
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator           3.1
Lightsabre                         3.1
Naj's Light Plate                  3.1
Naj's Puzzler                      3.1
Tal Rasha's Guardianship           3.2
Trang-Oul's Girth                  3.2
Baranar's Star                     3.2
Rune Master                        3.2
Djinn Slayer                       3.2
Demon's Arch                       3.3
Flamebellow                        3.3
The Reaper's Toll                  3.3
Taebaek's Glory                    3.3
Trang-Oul's Guise                  3.3
Aldur's Deception                  3.3
Bloodmoon                          3.3
Nord's Tenderizer                  3.5
Razor's Edge                       3.6
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge          3.8
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian        3.8
Ormus' Robes                       3.9
Sandstorm Trek                     3.9
Harlequin Crest                    4.1
Natalya's Mark                     4.3
Cranebeak                          4.3
Tomb Reaver                        4.3
Wraith Flight                      4.3
Lacerator                          4.3
Widowmaker                         4.3
Andariel's Visage                  4.3
Verdungo's Hearty Cord             4.3
Griswold's Valor                   4.3
Immortal King's Soul Cage          4.3
M'avina's True Sight               4.3
Eschuta's Temper                   4.6
Frostwind                          4.6
Messerschmidt's Reaver             4.6
Fleshripper                        4.6
Gut Siphon                         4.6
Thunderstroke                      4.7
The Gladiator's Bane               4.9
Marrowwalk                         5.0
Stormshield                        5.0
Firelizard's Talons                5.2
M'avina's Caster                   5.2
Medusa's Gaze                      5.7
Doombringer                        5.7
Eaglehorn                          5.7
Warshrike                          5.7
Leviathan                          5.7
Stone Crusher                      5.8
Nightwing's Veil                   5.8
Veil of Steel                      5.8
Arachnid Mesh                      5.9
Blackoak Shield                    5.9
Dracul's Grasp                     5.9
Stoneraven                         6.0
Nosferatu's Coil                   6.6
Spike Thorn                        6.6
Steel Shade                        6.6
Soul Drainer                       6.6
Blood Raven's Charge               6.7
Horizon's Tornado                  6.8
Wolfhowl                           7.3
Arkaine's Valor                    7.8
Head Hunter's Glory                7.8
Ondal's Wisdom                     7.8
Boneshade                          7.9
Demonhorn's Edge                   7.9
Steel Carapace                     8.1
Giant Skull                        8.1
Spirit Ward                        8.1
Alma Negra                         9.1
Death Cleaver                      9.3
Executioner's Justice              9.3
Gargoyle's Bite                    9.3
Ghostflame                         9.3
Steel Pillar                       9.3
Stormspire                         9.3
The Grandfather                    9.3
Windforce                          9.3
Earth Shifter                      9.4
The Cranium Basher                 9.4
Griswold's Honor                   9.8
Heaven's Light                     9.9
The Redeemer                       9.9
Boneflame                         10.4
Halaberd's Reign                  10.4
Crown of Ages                     10.7
Griffon's Eye                     10.7
Shadow Dancer                     10.7
Steelrend                         10.7
Cerebus' Bite                     11.0
Griswold's Redemption             11.3
Templar's Might                   12.0
Spirit Keeper                     14.2
Dragonscale                       14.6
Ravenlore                         14.6
Azurewrath                        15.6
Death's Fathom                    16.8
Darkforce Spawn                   19.3
Schaefer's Hammer                 23.1
Astreon's Iron Ward               27.8
Mang Song's Lesson                27.8
Death's Web                       27.9
Stormlash                         34.0
Tyrael's Might                    96.4
Ahh 6 more hours to wait, good luck to those who have started

DX
T -04:30

I'm doing some calculations on what bow is the best with MF gear, since WWS doesn't have the 12.5A/S speed. Contestants are Buriza, Eaglehorn, Lycander, Goldstrike Arch and of course uWWS.

So I'm going to enter with my (atm) lvl 86 LF/Strafer, Matriarch Athene. She is currently wearing 520+ MF (+131 on merc kill) and I'm running the Pits.

Still without an answer:
Can I use two chars in the same MFO?
Ok I am ready to start after work today! I sent my payment, I hope you received it. I think the rune was lum I payed with, but I did pay with the 13 all resist jewel with 5-15 cold damage on it.

Good luck all my good MFing buddies! (I love saying MFing)

Note: In my full dress rehearsal last night, I was able to do the pit at players 5 in less than 3.5 minutes per run. The average was closer to 3 minutes, but the slowest run was 3.5.

I am running my Fireball/FO sorc with ~510% MF. The best thing I found last night in my practice runs was a lightsabre. I found 2 nice rare Archon plate armors tho. I also got a 3 socket Archon plate for my enigma armor. All i need now is the Jah and Ber :p
Yes you can, N'thraXX.

I was wondering if I should give a go in the RoF. Maybe I will do some experimenting there.

Nice finds, BTW. Leave some WF to me, you lucky bastards!

T- 7:15 now!
Note to self: Come here early Monday morning and point out that I'm still going.

Darn late time zones, 12:00 hours to go still.

Note to everyone else: remember to save your map seeds, i've your running a map depandant place. I was all set last night, had a map I've been practicing for several nights (actually more running for the fun of it, but same effect) and kept thinking I would note it down later, didn't and finally accidentally hit nightmare. It took me forever to find a semi-reasonable map again. :rant:
Just a few more minutes and i can start running. I hope i can find some decent items.
Which ranking list is the one being used for this MFO ? Just want to be sure.

Good luck everyone !
Just curious, whats the rarest item you guys have found in the level 85 areas before? Mine would have to be Astreons Ward in the pit, then schaeffers hammer in wsk level 3 then steelrends in the pit.
T +0:33

<--- Goes run Pit
The valid list is the one posted by Igor Potapov in this page (page 4, memorize!) Hope it is clean and without errors (I checked only the 6 polemic ones). I believe so.

My best item from the pits? A perfect Stormlash! When did I get it? Tomorrow night! :teeth:

Nah, a Warshrike, only.
Actually after an initial rush of green breastplates, I haven't found any in a while. The thing that's really stalking me is the Crushflange Mace.
I'm sure I'll find a really good item on Monday night!

T-6 hours and counting (almost)
Well, my time is limited, so I'm not expecting any decent finds, but hey its another excuse to play this weekend (and I get another hour with the time change)

So count me in.

Lvl 83 Meteorb Sorc. - Storm
Magic find - some, no clue how much - Full Tals + Rings, War Travs, & a Gheeds.
Area - Most likely the pits.

If I get tired of this one, I might start doing some runs with my Fishy too (IIRC, using more than one char is allowed).

Payment being sent now!
Getting ready to go here :D Time to start: 23 minutes.

My 'status' has changed a little bit since I posted it before. Its now:

Level 82 HC Lightning Trap Assassin - Darkstryke
Magic Find - about 200%, less if needing resist gear in dangerous areas
Area - the Pits, possibly the River of Flame (maybe even the Chaos Sanctuary... I know that items dropped by Diablo don't count, but I want teh wealth :lol: )
Quicksilver said:
(maybe even the Chaos Sanctuary... I know that items dropped by Diablo don't count, but I want teh wealth :lol: )
Diablo AND the seal boss packs! Those have been in Diablo category in MFOs past.
Ooh... didn't realise that. Good thing you noticed it and told me :lol:

Well, at least this way any Elite Uniques dropped from the seal packs don't have to left unidentified ;) Just taking part in this competition is going to slay me because all these items are going to be completely new to me - I'll WANT to ID them! :lol:

EDIT: 7 minutes to go... can't wait! 👏
Guess who recently found a SET CORONA and ID:d it :rant: :rant: :rant:
Have to be more careful later on.

DX
After a few runs and some observations, it seems that my map has 6-7 unique/champion packs in the first level of the Pit and 2-3 in the second level.

Haven't found any elites yet, but I have found one very good item, War Traveller's, my first ever! 2% away from perfect. I also found a pair of Chance Guards (39%), now I have three pairs 1% away from perfect. Where are you 40%!

I'm currently marking down every item drop for every run. Runes, normal, exceptional and elite set/unique items.

Well enough chatter, back to the runs. May the WF be with you all!
DX-Crawler said:
Guess who recently found a SET CORONA and ID:d it :rant: :rant: :rant:
Have to be more careful later on.

DX
:lol: Guess that means I might have a chance to win.

Just for my own knowledge...

why don't you identify the items?
can ATMA tell what it is without being ID'ed?
Yep :) When ATMA reads it, it displays an Unidentified tag in the description.

I'm getting a bit disheartened doing these Pit Runs :( 1 hour 45 minutes later and I've done enough to gain 3/4 of a level on /players 1 - the best drop so far is... a Headstriker :grrr:
Thats cool to know then. But other than novelty, whats the reasoning behind the rule? Just curious. =)
We've got to keep the items unidentified so that (and this is what I think) no-one can get a bit sneaky and slip in an item they've found in a Level 85 area in the past. Of course, I trust everyone who's taking part not to do that, but its just to be sure.
Also it's hard (or impossible) to create unid'd items with a editor, atleast I think so. Not that this has ever been an issue here nor do I ever hope it to be, but just in case. But the first reason for the rule is as QS stated it.
Oh, it's more than possible, alright... :uhhuh:

I think it's mostly to make sure that if you accidentally put the item in a different stash, you can probably tell which one it is by the unidentified tag.
Ok, thanks for the info.. learn something new everyday.. =)
T - 5.30 hours, this waiting when almost everybody is running is anoying.
More than anything, last time we discussed this we decided it was a MFO tradition and we would keep at it.

Kind of funny, I'll grab items out of my stash (not for the MFO, but normal playing) and put them on a character, launch dialbo and wonder why there's all this red stuff when I have sufficient reqs only to realise that I've never ID'ed it.

Its gonna be tough this weekend, running Andy I only picked up green and gold items but still had to pop out to ATMA every 15 minutes or so. I suspect I will have to wait alot longer (assuming I'm trying to be efficient) due to less green and gold items dropping.

1.5 hours to go (actually its closer to 5 hours but I get off work in an hour and a half and its all downhill from there.

Edit: @tweedy: No kidding, remember to post Monday morning when the've all ben done for half a day.
I think I'm going to pull out of this. I've been going for almost 3 hours now and I've found nothing. I know thats not unusual, but its really annoying and disheartening.

Maybe if I had a character that could efficiently run with high MF and kill quickly, but I don't ;)

I'm going to go do some Hell Baal runs (oh boy... this is gonna be fun :uhhuh: ) to see if I can find some Elite Uniques (he's got a better chance of dropping them anyway :lol: ).

EDIT: Actually... no I won't pull out. I'll just stop for tonight. There's still two days left...
The laws of probability say you don't actually have less of a chance to find another one...or even something better. The game (as far as I can tell) won't get back at you for finding one good (or rare...) item.
This isn't going well for me, either. In about an hour, I found a grand total of one item, and it doesn't have many points to it, either. Plus, when I saw a unique ring drop, I was wishing soj soj soj soj... manald. :rant: More to come later, I guess. Dinner now.
Did a run at players 1, then at players 8, which netted a lot of good socketed items, white items, craft material and an ORT. Bleh!

But did a RoF run, and on my way from WP to hephaesto, I must have killed at least 6(!) bosses! The boss density there is trying to lure me away from the pits! Gonna give it a go now!

Edit: forgot to mention, everybody paid the fee, just add scwormy to SC and those are the competitors.

Change of plans, no RoF for me anymore tonight. Beer and pool instead! :winner:
*sigh*

Running the Pit is beginning to feel pointless. So far..

Unique::
Elite: Zero, zip, nothing
Exceptional: 3 [War Treaveller's, Butcher's Pupil, Plague Bearer]
Normal: 3 [Wizendraw, Chance Guards, Swordback Hold]
Jewelry: 1 [Saracen's Chance]

Set::
Elite: Zero, nill, nothing
Exceptional: 1 [IK Belt]
Normal: 4 [Gauntlets, Long Battle Bow, Heavy Gloves, Gothic Plate]
Jewelry: 1 [Cathan's Seal :rant:]

Runes: 16 (All below Thul)

But I'm not giving up. Gotta keep running eventhough it seems pointless.
Only 2 eligible items so far. And i accidentally id'ed one so really just 1 eligible item.
I did find my first ever Rainbow Facet so that's a bit of a consolation. Further more, a Crescent Moon amulet, a Lum and heaps of socketed elite equipment. I sometimes have the impression i'm running around with 0% MF.
And as usual, at least one yellow triple durability legend sword a day :rant:
So far I have found 10 or 12 eligable items. I had some great runs last night. I found at least 5 items I've never had before. I nabbed 3 shael and an io as well as a +1 fire skills and +1 MA skill charm. A few nice mf sc's with resist mods on em.

I did a few runs before the MFO started for me and found a cryptic axe, berserker axe and a reapers toll. They were all found about 15 minutes until 8. :(

Is it ok to mention what items you have found here or is that against the rules?
Don't post your finds till the end.

I'm not that lucky so far either, but I only did a few hours. I think this one is going to be determined purely by luck, more than the previous two.
I do know that my luck it totally horrible :lol: A whole day of running and only 5 crappy qualifiers.. the best of which popped out of a chest :cheesy:

This has to be the worst mf-spree i've ever had... hopefully tomorrow or tonight better :D
I found one qualifying item before the MFO began. I did get:
a 7331 Gold drop :lol:
A Nature's Peace Ring
A Green Grim Helm (If I'm not mistaken, I was this close to a Vampire Gaze)
A Ko rune. Sweet!
Well, I've just gotten back from work and had some food, so I'm going to run the Pit for an hour or so... still haven't found any eligible items yet though :(

I've found 7-8 items so far but no qualifiers. I did however find a 38% Gheed's and can really use that right about now!

Good Luck
You guys were lucky that this wasn't one grade higher...

Scourge of the Icicle
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 80
Durability: 78 of 130 :rant:
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x22580c09
Adds 1-4 cold damage over 3 seconds
150% Damage to Undead
Well, I did one Pit run, and then did the River of Flame and the Chaos Sanctuary... I got nothing :(

Even Diablo was a bit stingy... all he gave up was the Aldur's set mace.

I think I'll wait until the next MFO, and aim to make a character capable of fast MFing. This Trapassin's just not ready for it :lol:
Well after all it seems that I'm not the only one suffering from bad luck. Which is a good thing.... from my point of view. :lol:

Of course there are people who don't want to show their cards (read: Tyrael's, another :lol: ) just yet.

*cough*
*has one qualifier*
*cough*
odds of schaeffers dropping from a boss in pits - 1:96,268

odds of the gnasher dropping from a boss in pits - 1:96,630

yay!
:(

Deadly Scourge of the Vampire
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 97
Durability: 116 of 130 <---------------
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 57
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xc23b4880
+22% Enhanced Damage
9% Mana stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead

EDIT:

And again....

Monk's Monarch
Defense: 134
Chance to Block: 42%
Durability: 144 of 172 <---------------
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 54
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa3d97fe8
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels

At least they wont break if I use them :rant:
Yay! Someone to share my pain!

I got bored with the runs, unfortunately, so I think I'll do a few more tomorrow. I've also somehow managed to finally complete a set (one that many people despise) that I never did before!
It's all over for me. I have another 8 hours left, but i've got stuff to do so i'll call it a night.

A few numbers:

Rarest drop: The Gnasher :rant:

time per run: 3-4 minutes
xp per run ~ 114k
total xp gained ~ 33 mil
work that one out

and 6 items ticked off my grail, 47 to go
sorry, double post
We adjusted our clocks back one hour (daylight saving time?) making the MFO one hour longer, has this been taken to account? :lol:
You lucky bastards...guess who found a failed unique Sacred Armor from a Devilkin yesterday. Then my computer crashed, and I'm currently struggling to get it back up (I'm using the other computer at my house right now).
Ooh! :cheesy:

You missed a Tyrael's there.
*twists the knife*
I don't even know if I can get the character back (he may well be corrupted now, that would *really* suck), in which case a Tyreal's wouldn't even be worth anything.
I hope everything works out. 👍
Atleast you can use ATMA backup's if everything else fails, right?

BTW, what players settings are you guys using? And how long does your run take, I'm mainly interested on Pit-runners. My LF/Strafers Pit run takes 7-9+ min depending on how many archers I have to handle, on /players 8.
my hammerdin takes around 5-6 minutes with a more or less decent map (on players 8) Never really ran it with another char so wouldn't know :lol:

As for the mfo.. my streak of bad luck from yesterday has ended i guess.. i don't think i'm going to end up high in the ranking but at least all the running wasn't for nothing :uhhuh:

ps i have a little rules question. Since we had to say which char we would be running with and which area.. does that mean we are allowed only that char and that area?
I didn't really see it anywhere in the rules but why else would we have to say what char we entered with?
I'm asking as i'm getting more or less sick from running with my bliz sorc and would like to switch the last few hours to my hammerdin :D
It takes me ~2 minutes per run of the ancient tunnels on p3. Usually there are 3-5 boss backs near the entrance, and if I'm lucky, there might be up to 7. I just waste them with a few blizzards, open the golden chest, and then move on to the next run.

Kind of frustrating that I only have 5 qualifying items right now, and they ain't so hot, either.
I usually do full clears ... also in ancient tunnels... that's what i have done the whole weekend and i just looked through the stash and only 5 or so of my 18 qualifiers (so far) have come from bosses... so most of them, including the top 4 or 5 items are from normal monsters
Lucky bastards....

I only have 2 qualifiers, but I can't say that I have been running very much....

---
Edit: Won't bother wasting my time finding crap. Sending results..
I actually have 3 qualifiers but I have found 5 of them, 2 of them I accidently ID:d

DX
11 more hours for me. Didn't have time to begin it properly, so that time is now.

@Slarti: you can run with more chars. That is just for info purposes, so people wil know how effective different chars can be. I bet tweety is responsible for some new blizz sorcs around!

I do have a level 75 backup of Clyde, with the exact same equipment setup (with the exception of one of the Nagels, and a 3D tower shield instead of his great head), so in theory I could still go out and finish this one up. I don't have any more time for this MFO though, and my guy was *so* much weaker four levels ago that I don't even know if he can do the runs. On the other hand, this is my chance to get a good Hellforge drop :rant: dumb Io...
Well... its 11:10 AM, monday morning here in Australia (and a public holiday due to the Melbourne cup, BTW). Am I allowed to post my results here as well? I want to brag.
You can post your finds if you are finished, but I still have 15 hours to go.
I'm still not very lucky with the finds, but maybe tonight will be better.
OK... Seeing it's all over for me, I'll post my finds:
Mav's Caster
Mav's Embrace (2nd best -5.2 points)
Thunderstroke
Jade Talon
Flamebellow
Ormus' Robes

And now.... time for some major PWNAGE!!!

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: 14 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 82
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x411aad3b
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-13% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-14% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-13% to Enemy Cold Resistance
So i'm allowed to post my finds?

total qualifiers: 32

Number of Tal's armours: 3 👍

Best drops: Alma negra, Steel carapace, giant skull, boneshade.

It kinda sucks that my top four drops were all the same rarity. I could definately have done with some more variability there. And i found enough points to buy me a tyreals - if only it worked that way
Gave it up! My patience for MFing is over! Best find: Set Gothic Plate! Gonna read now, the computer is hurting my eyes and consuming my soul!

And hey, you braggers! Could have waited a little more, heh? 11 PM here, and it is not the westest around!

Roman leet is gonna figure on next rule 4 :lol: Amazing find, by the way!
I only found 2 qualifiers, one of which I accidentally IDed too. Wasn't intending to but just as I came out from the TP, Cain was standing in the way. I clicked on him by accident and the rest is history.

I screamed like a girl when it happened :(
None of my items surpassed 6 points, so went the bragging rights.

Anyway, just when I thought that I'd finally finished the Heaven's Brethren set, I realized that I sold all the maces. :lol:

Edit: And what the hell am I supposed to do with this? :grrr:

Superior Great Poleaxe
Two-Hand Damage: 52 to 146
Durability: 30 of 55
Required Dexterity: 99
Required Strength: 179
Required Level: 63
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x16a65979
+15% Enhanced Damage
Socketed (6: 0 used)
"I hate you I HATE you!

Call me."
-Banshee, WarCraft III

You clearly have +5 to Magic Find skillz. Place your bets now, who will win? Odds:
3 to 1; Tweety
2 to 1; MCCC
25 to 1; N'Thraxx
100 to 1; Ric's 1337 gothic plate
1,000,000 to 1; my failed Sacred Armor and a Wolfhowl I found before the MFO started
I'm done

Got more than I expected in, but still not as much as I would have liked...

Had 5 qualified finds (2 of which were set items that I didn't know qualified and ID'd them.) Therefore 3 qualified finds

Top two were:
Soul Drainers and Jade Talon

Maybe next time I'll have more luck.

I didn't exactly adhere to the rules either though...I did some other areas (knowing the finds wouldn't count...but I ran Andy and Countess as well). A few decent finds from Andy...best rune from Countess was only a Hel.

Good luck to everyone ...and congrats to MCC...VII
MWAHAHA - I just did a few more AT runs to level my sorc to 91 and I got:

Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One-Hand Damage: 104 to 127
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 79
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x30c63110
+50 to Life
+109% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +75%
Adds 50-200 lightning damage
+1 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
Indestructible
20% Chance to cast Level 10 Static Field on striking
+2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+8 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

and...

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 265
Durability: 39 of 50
Required Strength: 104
Required Level: 69
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x432aa35d
+60% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
+0 to Cold Absorb (Based on Character Level)

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

Socketed (2: 0 used)

I should also mention I found a VEX rune earlier. Ancient tunnels is teh pwnzor. Too bad it was Monday when I found those two, or I would have had a better second item score.

BTW, hurry up and post your results, Tweety - I wanna know if I beat you :D .
I'm done. Time for bed. I did a lot more runs than I expected and found some really useful stuff. Maybe not all that rare, but great finds for me! Got me an IK armor though! 2 Giant Skulls, Deaths Cleaver, Andy's Visage, 2 Tomb Reavers, Reapers Toll,Leviathan, a few skillers, resist all and mf charms. Good times! Congrats to the winners! I didn't get quality, but I made up for it in quantity.
That sounds pretty damn quality to me, Ron! I was just lucky with the mang song's...
So far only one has been able to top my best find. Yes it was MCCCXXXVII with his stupid Mang Song's :rant:.
I wonder will tweety pull something out of his sleeve.
I still have time left, but sofar its not looking good.
Nice findings, MCCCXXXVII! Special congratulations with the Vex. 👍

I didn’t have such luck.
My untwinked Hardcore Amazon Iarde did enough Mausoleum runs to level from level 78 to 82. I found a lot of normal, ethereal, socketed, magic and rare elite items, but didn’t found any set one. Only elite unique is Ethereal Djinn Slayer. 3.2 points.

I’m quite satisfying with the MFO though. I found:
- Ethereal Cryptic Axe with 5 sockets for merc (for Honor);
- +50 mana grand charm.
- Ruby Jewel, 38% ED;
- Rainbow Ring, 10% resist all;
- Lum and Pul runes (although I don’t need to upgrade anything).

And I got tired. My brain was playing cruel game with me. Just imagine:

*Find rare Shako*
- Oh My God! Harlequin Crest!
*Several seconds later*
- Damn! It is RARE!
*Starting pulling rare hair from the bald head*
… and so on…
Well it's over for me for some time now, guess i'm not a winner (not surpirsed :lol: )

Gratz on the Mang Song MCCXX... ehm.. cannot really remember excactly..too much mf in this weekend i think :teeth: Guess you'll have a big fat chance of winning this

My two best items from a whopping 21 (!) qualifiers:

Soul Drainer 6,6
Vambraces
Defense: 149
Durability: 13 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 74
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xce676ce7
+120% Enhanced Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
-50 to Monster Defense Per Hit
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking

Ghostflame 9,3
Legend Spike
One-Hand Damage: 146 to 222
Required Dexterity: 67
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 66
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb883943e
+218% Enhanced Damage
+108 magic damage
13% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Light Radius
Ignore Target Defense
Indestructible

other items worth mentioning

Immortal King Soul Cage (my second)
Tal Rasha's Guardianship (2x)
Griswold Valor

And not qualifiers but still nice: 2 Tal's Ammy's :D

most frustrating: Dark Adherent 4x !!!!
I had more luck finding things other than those needed (as usual :rant: )
Got some nice runes, some very nice jewels, like this one :

Sapphire Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x61c6dcac
Cold Resist +25%
15% Increased Attack Speed

And some nice charms too, like this one :

Shimmering Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xa95034c6
+31 to Life
All Resistances +13

Also found another Tal's ammy, seems to drop every other MFO ;)

I found 12 eligible items. Some for my grail, some are pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Notable finds are a Reaper's and Griswold's Helm. Top 2 items are better, but not that much.

I've sent my results, but after seeing some of the other results, i probably won't even make top 5 this time. Oh well, it was fun :)
BTW, what you guys think about organizing the next Mini-MFO in Hell Countess home?
running for runes or for items?
i don't know, personally i think running the countess is even more boring then other mf runs but if more people are up to it i guess i'd be willing to join again

the countess will get very boring i believe. and everyone will be using the same build too, just to make it even more boring. I was thinking something a bit out of the ordinary, such as duriel running maybe.

That would make it interesting at least
If we do something like duriel running, I think we should make the stakes higher (bigger entry fee, getting other contestants finds, etc.) Running such obscure areas, etc. probably wouldn't even be worthwhile for the winner in terms of items received.
Well, we could organize just ‘rune hunting’ Olympics. The competitor who gets the rarest rune wins.
There are a lot of rune hunting places: Countess, Cows, Council, Ghosts and other. I think it could be interesting.

EDIT: Congratulations, DX-Crawler. I guess you’ll win in HC category! 👍
This was kind of lousy, well didn't really have time to run that much. I managed to find 5 qualifiers and two of them I Identified.

Fleshripper 4.6
Fanged Knife
One-Hand Damage: 58 to 222
Durability: 18 of 36
Required Dexterity: 86
Required Strength: 42
Required Level: 68
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5f2f8d50
+291% Enhanced Damage
-50% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance of Open Wounds
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
Slows Target by 20%

Warshrike 5.7
Winged Knife
Throw Damage: 73 to 124
One-Hand Damage: 85 to 111
Quantity: 40
Required Dexterity: 142
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 75
Dagger Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc2ed467d
+218% Enhanced Damage
30% Increased Attack Speed
50% Deadly Strike
Piercing Attack [50]
25% Chance to cast Level 9 Nova on striking
Replenishes Quantity

Congratz to all your nice finds everybody, and good luck to those who have a few hours left

DX
Will there be one next week? For once ive read it and it sounds like great fun!
I don’t know - I just want to discuss the next Mini-MFO target. The Mini-MFO itself would be when we decide to start it or its thread just would be created by Ricardo as usual.
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I had very little time this weekend, so i wasn't able to run much. I did give my zealot a try in the pit and the river of flame, for a total of about 5 runs, but no qualifying items. I'll have to rethink my gear set-up, and will probaly try to get myself a nice meph map.
Anyway, congrats to the winners and hopefully a bigger post by me in the next MFO.

Gouda
Rune hunting sounds pretty cool, actually. It would be a bit random who wins, though. Maybe the different runes you find should be added up in el value, or something...
I agree with Slartibartfast. Its too easy for people to be accused of cheating, when it comes to runes. Perhaps an act can be chosen - eg you can only do runs in act x.
It looks like a congrats will be going out to MCC - great find.

This was the first time I ran The Pits and I was just amazed how many high level items dropped, just the wrong colors. I did get a fair amount of MFing in but my character isn’t the quickest. I only did Pit runs. I could go 3-4 runs with nothing dropping and then get 3 golds on one drop. Most runs were full clears on Players 1 (I did one run on P8 for variety). I found 24 Greens and Golds with only 6 qualifiers (and 7 items for my SF grail). As previously posted I did find my first Gheeds (38%). I managed about 1 full level through the competition.

Drucilla
Level 86 Blizzard / Meteor Sorc
MF 270

Top 2

Dracul's Grasp 5.9
The Gladiator's Bane 4.9
Total points 10.8

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 128
Durability: 10 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 76
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xda68d16c
+13 to Strength
+95% Enhanced Defense
9% Life stolen per hit
+8 Life after each Kill
25% Chance of Open Wounds
5% Chance to cast Level 10 Life Tap on striking

The Gladiator's Bane
Wire Fleece
Defense: 1303
Durability: 21 of 135
Required Strength: 111
Required Level: 85
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x4d440b6f
+160% Enhanced Defense
+50 Defense
Damage Reduced by 15
Magic Damage Reduced by 19
+103 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Cannot Be Frozen

Other Qualifiers

Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 3.8
Demon Limb 2.8
Hellrack 2.6
Ethereal Edge 2.5

It was lots of fun but I look forward to Meph and some questing now!

Nice finds guys, dang MCCCXXXVII, I really thought I had a shot, oh well, looks like I'll still podium.

Top two:

Death's Fathom 16.8
Arkaine's Valor 7.8

Others:

Dracul's Grasp 5.9
IK Soul Cage 4.3
Harlequin Crest 4.1
FlameBellow 3.3
Baranar's Star 3.2

and Jade's Talon I can't count cause it was from one of Dialbo's Minions. Also found a perfect Lightning Facet and leveled my strafezon from level 83 to level 87.

I found the gold Shako first and the green sacred armor second, I was a bit bummed they were such low scorers, but not that bummed, I really can't complain.

Edit: just checked the drop calculator, my death's fathom came from a champion, not a unique, more rare than a L85 unique dropping stormlash. Just needed my luck shifted a little.
Well looks like i got pwnt...

Top two:
Marrowalks: 5
Nosferatus Coil: 6.6
Total: 11.6

Honorable Mentions:
Aldurs Deception x2 : 3.3
Djinn Slayer: 3.2
Windhammer: 2.5
Eschutas Temper: 4.6 (+3 skills 20% lit!)

nice finds all

-roninDOG
Alma Negra and Giant skull (x2) were my highest I guess for a total of 17.2, ah well, better luck next time.
It seems that I have dropped to third, judging by the finds people have posted. Can't say for those who haven't posted though, I live in hope.
Its finally over for me. It was quite a disapointing weekend. I started out running the WSK, but that did not really work out, so I went to the Ancient Tunnels.

My best finds are

Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense: 338
Durability: 15 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 86
Required Level: 63
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x28d6896d
+132% Enhanced Defense
8% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
69% Bonus to Attack Rating
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+3 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 538
Chance to Block: 40%
Smite Damage: 24 to 38
Durability: 65 of 74
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 75
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe046db19
+367 Defense
+322 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +30%
+5 Life after each Kill
Socketed (2: 0 used)

For a total of 18.8 points
Not a single TC 87 item and no grail items found. I did find another Horizon's, when will the real one drop :rant:
Congratz to MCCCXXXVII and jjscud, those are nice finds 👍
Hey all!

Well my weekend didn't go at all like I had planned. I was planning on an 8hr time slot on Saturday for my mfo runs, but instead I ended up working 10hrs of overtime at work. Needless to say, I only got a few runs in and no uniques or sets dropped for me. On the plus side I earned a nice chunk of change! =) Gratz to all of you who were able to find stuff!!

Tulani
Actually I prefer my 39/15 :D

But if you find a fast weapon but the req is a bit high it would be nice to put in a jewel like that

Don't know if I win Igor, haven't seen anything from Gouda and Quiksilver, my drops were not that good. I like the idea of a Rune Find Olympics, it could be fun.

DX
The following have neither sent me the results nor presented them here (that I noticed):

DriveC
sunbearie
Gabriel74
JicamaEater

Quicksilver
Gouda

You have until tomorrow to do so.

For the next edition, I am not sure yet. Surely we could have a rune hunt, a skiller hunt, or a cowhunt for all of them!

Or we could even invert things, making the fee an elite set/unique and going after other stuff to win them.

We may discuss it, but doing it weekly is kinda hasty and too intense. A 2 to 3 week interval is a welcome resting time from the neverending playing marathon!

Also the primary idea of the mMFO was to warm the engines for the main MFO, So we might try all categories and see which ones each of us enjoy the most. It became a sort of all-over-Sanctuary MF experience. So if people run a place, there has to be a mMFO there sooner or later. I really like this idea - forcing some of us into new game experiences. I, for one, never run the countess repeatedly -I found her too boring and non-rewarding. It might change in one of these competitions!

Enough babbling, hopefully tomorrow I will announce the winners!

Not much luck for me, but I didn't get to play as much I wanted to this weekend. Lots of qualifiers but they were all crap. Top find was a lousy Cranebeak with second going to 3 Aldur's Deceptions. Why is it the that set armor that I find over and over is the worst one?
The curse of the MFO?

Alrite, I completely lost my internet connection again. Always seems to happen after every MFO :uhhuh:

Anyway, all I found was a Mavina's Castor for a total score of 5.2.
My only other qualifier accidentally for IDed :grrr: Warshrikes for 5.7
I hadn't posted yet out of disgust for what this mMFO brought me. I can beat ric's results. I found 0 uniques, no not zero qualifiers, 0 uniques. I did find the Berserker set axe. It was awesome. This was the worst of all MFO's for me. Granted I didn't run as much as usual, but seriously no uniques. I have to say I don't like lvl 85 areas. :rant:
I found NADA! A Green Grim Helm, a gold Nature's Peace Ring, and a Cathan's Seal! Why couldn't it have been gold (the helm!!). There was a Wolfhowl, but I found it the day before the MFO started, and it's ID'd now. I'd have whupped some butt but my comp broke down saturday morning and I just got it going again.
OK, only QS and Gouda to go! Pming them now.
So when's the Baal category coming up? :) I've been carefully hoarding my MF mojo just for him. (This coming weekend and the following week is out for me - PvP tournament. But after that...)

Chris
I agree... this weekend would be bad but the weekend after that a little baal mfo would be ... nice 🤤

*gets on with optimizing javazon*

Originally posted by: @ricrestoni

Time for the results!!!111

Hardcore had 4 competitors, but 2 of them found nothing! AND THEY GOT TO WIN 3RD PLACE! Now don't you wish you had found at least one valid entry? Well, brotherly fashion it'll be!

Without further delay, some applause to DX-Crawler, our winner! Igor got a second here. Standings:

HC
Quicksilver - zero
Gouda - nope
Igor Potapov - Frostmaiden 82 208% - Djinn Slayer (3.2)
DX-Crawler - Blizz/FW sorc 89 393% - Warshrike (5.7), Fleshripper (4.6)

For our softcore competition, many players this time, but the WF was with a lucky few. In 3rd, decided by the second item, N''thraXX almost made it, but... our last winner, and still managing to keep top 3:

Tweety, for you!

In second, he found a recently highly sought-after item! Props to

jjscud!

And for our winner: he is 1337, he is roman, he came from Oceania and has +5 to all skills on switch:

MCCCXXXVII

Results, all messed out, with incomplete info on builds and no particular order (have fun unscrambling it):

SC
ricrestoni - Fishymancer ** 400% - zip
yashugan_ - Halaberd's Reign (10.4), Ghostflame (9.3)
jjscud - Strafezon 87 333% - Death's Fathom (16.8), Arkaine's Valor (7.8)
shermo - Alma Negra (9.1), Spirit Ward (8.1)
Summoned - Cold Sorc 93 495% - Leviathan (5.7), Taebaeks Glory (3.3)
TenYearsGone - Blizz/Meteor 86 270% - Dracul's Grasp (5.9), The Gladiator's Bane (4.9)
tweety - Blizz sorc 95, I believe - Cerebus' Bite (11.0), Head Hunter's Glory (7.8)
DriveC - Cranebeak (4.3), Aldur's Deception (3.3)
sunbearie - M'avina's Caster (5.2)
roninDOG - Nosferatu's Coil (6.6), Marrowwalk (5.0)
N'thraXX - LF/Strafer 89 592%(merc) - Cerebus' Bite (11.0), Eaglehorn (5.7)
ron - Alma Negra (9.1), Giant Skull (8.1)
Gabriel74 - niente
MCCCXXXVII - Mang Song's Lesson (27.8), M'avina's Caster (5.2)
JicamaEater - rien
clerictulani - nada
Slartibartfast - Ghostflame (9.3), Soul Drainer (6.6)
scwormy - Meteorb 85 300% - Soul Drainer (6.6), Jade Talon (3.0)

Thank you all who took part on it, and congratulations to all the winners!

And it seems that Baal is next, right? Discuss the matter, anyway, some good ideas were spawning across these posts!

Cheers!

Gratz on all the winners 👏

some pretty nice finds out there :surprise:
Cool, didn't do so bad after all. Congrats to the winners !

If next MFO is Baal, i'd better get around to finally do the Ancients quest so i'd at least have the WSK waypoint when it starts :)
i'd be keen for a baal one. 10 days time sounds good too.

I just hope we get a decent number of entrants to this one too
That's where I plan to be. Wouldn't that be crazy, two (or more, join us) players mat/pat -ing their chars during the mMfo.

I just realized something, I got so lucky its almost embarassing. Yes I did run the pits for hours on end, I actually even fell asleep at about 3 AM in mid strafe Saturday morning. But as for the Death's Fathom, check out this pic:

What's wrong here?

She's naked. I new I had died just before I found it but it just hit me, completely out of the blue, I had nothing, 0% mf, I was just watching my merc tank them, and champions at that, not uniques.
Pat'ing a magic find character during an MFO just seems like a logical thing doesn't it ?
I hope i get a good map for WSK because rerolling maps is not an option. The combination of the other MF areas is just too good to let go just for a good Baal map.
What's more, i don't even know whether my sorc will be able to handle Baal runs at an acceptable pace. And hey, still have to get past the Ancients before i can even start thinking about running Baal :)
I would like some Baal bashing the next time, I'm running Baal anyway. Its not easy to get the really good drops, but it should be a nice target. Pat/Matting during the MFO would be good, you get the quest drop, so a big chance to win.

I would suggest excluding the minions from the competition, because they tend to drop better items than Baal. This would probably lead to minion running only, without killing Baal.

What sorc build do you have Yashugan? Most sorcs can run Baal pretty good and anything with blizzard is very good.
I am up for either baal runs or rune runs. Anything actually. These mfo's keep me focused long after I would have lost interest on my own!
I'm going to be in that one, most likely. :) Now all I have to do is Mat my blitzkrieg (lightning/blizzard) sorceress.
I'm up for some Baalrunning aswell, a bit dangerous with HC character but no pain no gain

DX
DX, you are braver than I am. Good luck and stay safe man! My only HC sp character is a level 16 javazon. I might have to get her going.
I'm up for baalrunning too. but i must admit that i don't really know what to think about the idea of the minions being excluded.

They do have a bigger chance for dropping a tc87 then baal but they won't drop uniques very often.
If only baal drops count i'm afraid that people who can run the fastest will be unbeatable by the people that can't run as fast. With the minions included those people that can't run baal in a few minutes will have more chance at a very good drop because the minions might drop them too.

I don't know if it makes sense what i'm saying. if it doesn't i'll try to clarify it better :lol:

It is sad, but I can’t compete in Hell Baal category. My current characters are far from Act 5 hell. Sorry but my old Pats, Mats and a Guardian is too old to give me fun playing.

Is there anyone, who also wants to play with me in Nightmare Baal category, finding exceptional items?
I say BRING IT ON! Baal is quite a challenge and that would be my first MFO, so sounds great :)
Ok, i'm going to try to get my meteorb to the WSK as soon as possible so i can participate too !
Igor Potapov said:
It is sad, but I can’t compete in Hell Baal category. My current characters are far from Act 5 hell. Sorry but my old Pats, Mats and a Guardian is too old to give me fun playing.

Is there anyone, who also wants to play with me in Nightmare Baal category, finding exceptional items?
That is also interesting. Even ellite items can be listed together to exceptional ones. If more people appear to play, we surely can hold a HC NM Baal category! Try to convince those untwinked HC addicts to join - jiansonz, AlterEgo, won't you care for a competition? :wink2:
Keep it SC too! I only have SC characters....
It's OK Igor I can join you in Nightmare Baal category. I have some left for my grail that NM Baal can drop and NM Baal can drop some nice Elite asweel like Harly, and Heaven's Light so i can be in on this.

DX
I’m glad to read it!

I’ll definitely start “A HC NM Baal Mini-MFO Announce” thread before we start. I guess it may help to organize fun competition in HC category.

NM WSK is much safer than Hell WSK. You don’t need to risk your precious Guardian in deadly runs through all that Gloams, Bone Fetishes and other dangerous monsters.
It's fun to risk everything or maybe I'm just crazy :scratch:

DX
I don't think jiansonz is going to be in on this. He'll want to clear all of NM for every run. :lol:
Well, as long as I remember, OK's IM is as deadly in normal act4 as it is in hell act5! Apart from that, NM is a tour for pat/mat/guardians.
I don't think I will have the time to organize it this weekend - I am struggling to find the time to send the prizes! So either you wait until the following weekend, or one of you can grab the organizing stick and feel free to run the 4th edition!
First off, I'd like to thank ricrestoni for organizing the Pits MFO. I had a great time doing it.

Secondly, If we are to have a Mini Baal MFO, I'd be up to it for Hell although I do have two issues. 1 - I haven't gotten there yet (but I'm close) and 2 - I probably can't put as much time into it, that is if I want to sleep in my own bed and not the couch! This coming weekend is also tough timewise as well...
A new MFO in two weeks is fine for me, gives me the time to Mat my newest Baal run experiment.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High