Mini-MFO I (Hell Mephisto) [by ricrestoni]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @ricrestoni on Sept 21, 2004.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

1st Weekend Mini-MFO

All right, no more waiting, now it begins! (with some changes)

1st Weekend Mini-MFO
Hell Mephisto Edition

The rules:

0 (the unwritten rule) - If thou reads this, THOU MUST BY ALL MEANS PARTICIPATE!

1- It starts this Friday, 09-24, 8 PM forum time, and ends next Monday, 09-27, 8 AM.

2- Thou shalt subscribe thyself before it begins. Only members of the SPF may enter the competition.

2.1- As a member of the SPF, thou must fulfill at least one of the following pre-requisites:

- Post an intro thread
- Frequent EMB
- Blame Durf

3- Thou shalt kill Mephisto in Hell difficulty until thy eyes bleed, and horde thy spoils.

4- Thou shalt NOT post your findings prior to the ending.

5- Thou shalt, when it is over, send to ricrestoni at pop dot com dot br the following:

- Thy forum name.
- Thy character info (class, build, level, %MF).
- ATMA readings of thy 2 rarest findings from Hell Mephisto during the valid period, containing all item information, including ID. Only elite items are valid entrances, so thou knowest.

5.1- Thy info MUST be sent up to 36 hours after the end of the competition.

6- The competitor who finds the rarest item wins. The second rarest finishes second, and so on, until the last of thou all. Rarity shall be measured by a list where each valid item is followed by a number that indicates how rare it is (the bigger the number the rarer the item)

6.1- If a tie occurs, the second item of both shall be compared, and the one with the rarest second item wins the tie.

6.2- On a second tie, it is a draw.

6.3- If a draw occurs between the victors, the items to be claimed shall be summed up and divided equally, rounded down.

7- The top 6 competitors attain immunity to claims, therefore keeping their newfound goodies for their own pleasure.

8- The winner then may claim, if he wishes, 3 items from the other competitors. The second place may claim 2 items, and the third place, one item. No competitor shall lose more than 1 item by winners' claims.

$1- Thou shalt NOT whine about giving an item to a winner - he deserved that by holy MFO laws.

9- Doubts, subscriptions and further suggestions shall be posted in this thread for everybody's knowledge.

And so it begins, a teaser for the upcoming major event.

The list of items will follow soon.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The list:

Mephisto

Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1
Dangoon's Teaching 1.2
Laying of Hands 1.3
Dark Adherent 1.5
Arioc's Needle 2
Wizardspike 2
Bonehew 2
Ethereal Edge 2.2
Windhammer 2.4
Gimmershred 2.5
Demon Limb 2.5
Jade Talon 2.7
Djinn Slayer 2.9
Bloodmoon 2.9
Natalya's Shadow 3.1
Credendum 3.1
Nord's Tenderizer 3.2
Razor's Edge 3.2
Ormus' Robes 3.5
Sandstorm Trek 3.5
Baranar's Star 3.5
Rune Master 3.5
Flamebellow 3.5
Demon's Arch 3.5
The Reaper's Toll 3.5
Harlequin Crest 3.6
Shadow Killer 4
Thunderstroke 4.1
Eschuta's Temper 4.3
Hellslayer 4.4
Viperfork 4.4
Hellrack 4.4
Blackoak Shield 5.2
Arachnid Mesh 5.2
Dracul's Grasp 5.3
Lightsabre 5.3
The Gladiator's Bane 5.3
Marrowwalk 5.4
Stormshield 5.4
Stoneraven 5.4
Naj's Puzzler 5.6
Blood Raven's Charge 5.9
Spike Thorn 6.3
Steel Shade 6.3
Nosferatu's Coil 6.3
Soul Drainer 6.3
Wolfhowl 6.4
Andariel's Visage 7.3
Verdungo's Hearty Cord 7.3
Cerebus' Bite 9.7
Alma Negra 9.8
Ondal's Wisdom 13.2
Boneshade 13.3
Demonhorn's Edge 13.3
The Redeemer 17.3
Heaven's Light 17.3
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator 23
Naj's Light Plate 23.2
Azurewrath 26.4
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Warshrike 39.6
Doombringer 39.6
M'avina's Caster 39.9
Horizon's Tornado 47.4
Head Hunter's Glory 54.1
Arkaine's Valor 54.1
Spirit Keeper 98.9
Stormlash 237.1

And, of course, I am in! :teeth:
This reminds me, I still haven't posted an intro thread. :lol: Maybe I'll get off my lazy butt someday to do it.

I'm in, but is it necessary to include the information on the character here as well?
argh! first weekend that im actually doing something and its been chosen for the MFO, oh well i might able to get a few hours in. Hopefully luck will go my way

edit: of course, i'm in
Sure I'm in aswell. Can be nice to put this between my endless Pindleskin runs :) Count me in.

7- The top 6 competitors attain immunity to claims, therefore keeping their newfound goodies for their own pleasure.

Couldn't this just be the Top 3? Top 6 feels kinda many too me but that's maybe just me. :surprise:
I hate you so much, Ricardo! Not this weekend!
Well, at least I am going to Ceará in a trip for free. (2000 miles away from home) Have fun you guys!
I'm tentatively in - will see how much I actually have for Meph runs this weekend. Looting duties will be assigned to Halo the javazon.

Chris
I'm in though I'm a little unclear abt certain things.

1) What happens if you don't find any elite uniques? Just too bad? :lol:
2) Do the items need to be un-ided?
Sorry guys, sort of conflicts with another MFO starting this weekend. :(
I should get Hendrixjr to do it. I don't know what that kid stepped in, but he finds great stuff. I would do it, but...

A: This weekend is my birthday (gifts are welcome :D )
B: I am a football junkie
C: I am a lousy MF runner (my name isn't just for impressing chicks, ya know)

Good luck to all competitors!

Steve
way-way-way wait... what do you mean another mfo mil?

and of course im in, time to pwn joo all with my first run stormlash (btw if that happens i can drop outta the tourney for that being ridiculously lame, right?)

btw, wtf is spirit keeper....
bradley_turner said:
way-way-way wait... what do you mean another mfo mil?

and of course im in, time to pwn joo all with my first run stormlash (btw if that happens i can drop outta the tourney for that being ridiculously lame, right?)

btw, wtf is spirit keeper....
Think about it...hard....I know you can do it :p
*thinks...*
*thinks......*
*thinks............*

*BOOM* -Game Over...-
Sorry I cannot link you to other Forums - even one's you're a member of.
Woot

Well, since this is the first MFO ive put myself into, i guess ill have to create a special MFO char.... for the pure fun of it, here comes a MF Baba LOL :uhhuh:

~D_N_S~
i figured that's what you meant mil, but i can't friggin find the post... lol, would it be against the rules to tell me where on the place it is? =\

edit : i withdraw my entry, sorry :(
I'm IN!

BTW, about the...

ricrestoni said:
1- It starts this Friday, 09-24, 8 PM forum time, and ends next Monday, 09-27, 8 AM.
Meaning that everyone looks at their own forum/local time?
eq. People at Greenwich start the MFO 8PM [GMT0] and I start it two hours earlier 8PM [GMT+2], right? And people in America start it even later, but they also stop MF'ing later than I.

Did I understand this correctly?
ricrestoni said:
0 (the unwritten rule) - If thou reads this, THOU MUST BY ALL MEANS PARTICIPATE!
PROCESSING DIRECTIVE...
CALCULATING REQUIREMENTS...
LISTING...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. COMPUTER - FOUND
2. DIABLO II INSTALLATION - FOUND
3. LORD OF DESTRUCTION INSTALLATION - FOUND
4. 1.10 PATCH - FOUND
5. CHARACTER IN HELL MODE - LOOKING... LOOKING... LOOKING...

REQUIREMENT NOT MET. DIRECTIVE CANNOT BE FULFILLED.

*ERROR*
*ERROR*
*ERROR*

:lol:
Damn. Is is possible (if uncouth) to have a character in Normal twink up the Staff and Flail so I don't have to complete those quests? There is no way I can finish Tamoe Highland, Barracks, Jail, Cathedral, Catacombs, all of act two, and make it to even Kurast Causeway before friday, at least not if I have to go questing for the damn staff/flail in Hell...

Plus I won't be an effective Meph runner anyway, unless I get uber lucky and don't have to put up with Bone Fetishes (wishful thinking). I think I'll be there soon. Just not 2 1/2 days soon.
I'd like to enter...

*starts full day of D2 playing to get character to Hell Meph*

That list of items that you posted, is it *the* list? So if someone found a Stormlash they pretty much secured a top spot? (just making sure I didn't misunderstand anything)

JicamaEater said:
Damn. Is is possible (if uncouth) to have a character in Normal twink up the Staff and Flail so I don't have to complete those quests? There is no way I can finish Tamoe Highland, Barracks, Jail, Cathedral, Catacombs, all of act two, and make it to even Kurast Causeway before friday, at least not if I have to go questing for the damn staff/flail in Hell...

Plus I won't be an effective Meph runner anyway, unless I get uber lucky and don't have to put up with Bone Fetishes (wishful thinking). I think I'll be there soon. Just not 2 1/2 days soon.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they changed it in 1.10 so the quest items only work in the difficulty they were collected in, so that wouldn't work. However, you could get there fairly quickly in a MP game.
Great, beside competing MFO from other places and people who is still striving to reach Hell Meph, it took off.

@Summoned - no need to post your char info on this thread, only on the final mail.

@Nacaa - that number might be toned down so that we have at least 6 competitors without immunities.

@Sunbearie - if you don't find any elites, too bad for you, unless you find a SoJ, a Maras and a HoZ, in which case you won't win this, but will be a very happy person. And past editions demanded that items would be unID. Why was that? Not necessary as of now.

@Mil - STOP STEALING PLAYERS or I may go for this MFO of yours and WIN IT!

@Bradley_Turner - What? No! Come back! Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

@N'thraXX - i was thinking that the forum time was a fixed one, since mine is different from local time. But well, what is the problem after all? Everyone begins his weekend in a different time, so let it be, I guess.

@Quicksilver - What?!? Never got to Hell Meph? Hurry up then, 2 full days to go!

@JicamaEater - If you get there in time, give it a shot, why not?

@sledgez - that is correct, unless a tie happens.
yeah, there was obviously a rollback.

well, not sure yet, but I think my parents might have gotten eaten by the squid. he's schedualed to spit them out sunday night. So it looks like I might be in. you guys better all look out, there's nothing more fierce than a lvl ** bliz sorc with 500% MF controlled by an owner with no life. :D
* Whips out dueling glove and proceeds to slap everyone around *

"I demand satisfaction................and a storm lash"

Im in, better get some practice.
OK, after matrix reconfiguring, and past dejavus, I will re-post the list of everybody already in by tomorrow afternoon, just adding guardian to the list. If you posted after my previous listing of participants, please post again, and blame Durf, who let the squids out.

@necrolemming: i am in there too, and after I win your items, i will give them away here at SPF! :teeth:
cinder, i beg to differ, cause my blizz sorc is lvl 89 and has like 550% mf, AND i have no life! im a goddamn shoe-in for victory! btw guys, im gonna pwn mil really good at the mfo at the other place, so when you guys see him bawling in a corner, you know who done it :D
There is no need for items to be un-ided? Then wouldn't that mean that anyone could just take out their stormlashes and claim they found it during the MFO?
I'm afraid I have to withdraw... I just got some time today but thats it. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me with a soccer match and a party later with the folks from the team. And sunday will be my day off with teh GF. Sorry.

Good luck everybody 👍
ArkAngel said:
There is no need for items to be un-ided? Then wouldn't that mean that anyone could just take out their stormlashes and claim they found it during the MFO?
What is ID'ing or not ID'ing gonna help you in this matter.

As seeing that MFO's do not ID, I stopped ID'ing items some time ago (This so I do not accidently ID items during the MFO). But my stash is filling with more and more non ID'ed items.

Randall
bradley_turner said:
cinder, i beg to differ, cause my blizz sorc is lvl 89 and has like 550% mf, AND i have no life! im a goddamn shoe-in for victory! btw guys, im gonna pwn mil really good at the mfo at the other place, so when you guys see him bawling in a corner, you know who done it :D
pfffft, your sorc wouldn't run Mephy as quick as my Hammerdin - we'll see who cries :p
I was in but Im afraid I have to withdraw now. I would like nothing more than to run Hell meph all weekend but not only do I have to help my wifes parents move into thier new home, I also have to attend her good friends birthday celebration, essentially killing both saturday and sunday. Good luck to the rest of you, Ill have to catch the next one.

-roninDOG
Im still in and my char is waiting in Kurast for that fated call to start using his big hurty stick to bash mephs head in again, again, again, hes quite looking forwards to it, i hear. :lol: 👍 :uhhuh: 👏

~D_N_S~
Prise the avenger has been twinked for the task ahead of him: 1 gazillion Meph runs. He died once, and his moron keeps getting pwned by Mephisto, but I finally found a middle point between survivability, MF and killing power.

The lessons I lerned the hard way:

- No merc kill for him. He is a moron and will die.
- No last blow MF switch for him neither (unless maybe I Rhyme a nice resists pally shield, which I didnt try). Being defenseless = angry Meph ripping you apart.
- The mana is just a little less than enough for killing Meph. ****!
- Teleport charges are expensive (I want Jah and Ber!).
- Kicking some chests along the way and a Sandstorm Trek pops up.
- Damn habit! Stop IDing stuff!!

To the forumites from the other places: Thou shall see my rage when I lay my vengeance + conviction uppon thee!!
Hope I'm not too late, I'd like to participate too.
Let's see how lucky my Meteorb is going to be this weekend.

Good luck to everyone who entered !
Clock is 11PM here, so should I start my overnight Meph running?
Yes!

*Goes run Mephisto and finds 1337357 stuff evah!*
And do we need to leave the itamz unid'd? Does the whole Durance 3 count as Mephisto drops (eq. Bremm Sparkfirst drops me a ilvl99 Tyrael's, does that count? :lol: )?
Reposting this, adding new competitors and deleting old ones:

The confirmed...

ricrestoni
Summoned
shermo
Icebird
sunbearie
dark_novastar
N'thraXX
sledgez
Gabriel74
bonnemort
Guardian
yashugan_
...the uncertain...

Cinder - if the squid eats parents (actually hoping for it! :lol: )
JicamaEater - struggling to get to Meph - COME ON, YOU CAN DO IT! *plays Rocky theme at background*

And the too-afraid-to-try-it

Dundeekahn - for his free trip to the most beautiful brazilian beaches... or just too scared to be beaten up?
Crudesash68 - enjoying a pleasant birthday watching football... or just asking help for his son out of plain despair?
bradley_turner - too little time for this... or just came, saw, and ran away full speed?
Quicksilver - Not a char in Hell... or seeking safer places, like ninja dojos?
Lacerta - just a quick appearance... or Meph is too strong for you?
Nacaa - last hour chickened out!
roninDOG - the sofas were too heavy for him!

And the best for the last

Milamber - too occupied at other places... or is your hacked/runeduped hammerdin too much a loser to be up to it? :teeth:
k, I'm definetly in, but I have a handicap.. (loss of most of sunday). It's 3:35 pm here, I'll play some MP, then settle in for 1 nice 50 hour mef running session. :)
-------------
Sleep is for the weak
Yippee! Found a Nord's Tenderizer! Then Id'd it! Remembered! Cursed the id book!

Meph dropped another one at the next run! Yippee! Didn't id it! My fourth Nord's!
My forumtime tells me that I have 2,5 hours before starting, which says that the Naj's Puzzler that Meph dropped will go only to the lesser place's MFO.

And then I MFed for 4 hours and NO ELITES DROPPED AT ALL! So I spent all bad luck BEFORE it starts! Good thinking, heh?

@N'thraXX - I have a lot of unIDed stuff in my stash i could use and say I found today, but that would beat the whole point of the game, beside spoiling the fun. But the point is not moot at all, and I think the next editions should reinstall the unID rule. It is just too late now, so let's just say that for this mini-MFO leaving the item unIDed is curteous and fair play, ok?

I have only one Nords, and an ethereal one! My BFsin is crawling towards using it.
I'm hosting right now. Come join if you want more participants!
Yup, leaving stuff unID'd from now on.

PS. You don't stand a chance, I already found another elite. Devil Star, my first! Seriously eus are dropping like flies. Stormlash here I come!
Pff... Baranars are as common as green breast plates in my book!
ricrestoni said:
Pff... Baranars are as common as green breast plates in my book!
[BRAG]
Well... someone should better find something out of the TOP8 since I just found a Crusader Bow (2nd).

It seems that WF is on my side... once again.

Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 302
Required Dexterity: 121
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 69
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x91d8b49
+25 to Dexterity
+200% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
Ignore Target Defense
+180% to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+540 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

[/BRAG]

Okay I'll stop my bragging here. Sorry on behalf of my previous bragging posts. Have to save the bragging till monday.
I find the discussion over identifying very interesting. I think it is unfortunate that this is the level of trust here. I never would have thought of not identifying things, but I guess since we are considered dishonest until proven honest, I'll leave items un-ided.
aww crap, i ahve 3.5 hrs before my time to mf starts! oh well, its all chance
or is it!! darn times!! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

~D_N_S~
Gabriel74 said:
I find the discussion over identifying very interesting. I think it is unfortunate that this is the level of trust here. I never would have thought of not identifying things, but I guess since we are considered dishonest until proven honest, I'll leave items un-ided.
Not just that, trust is OK here! But the style points, the freshness of the item, just out of the oven, un-IDed, virgin, ready to de used for your own pleasure against the demonic hordes, etcetera et al.

I really neclected the rule before, and then thought it was OK to ID your founds, but it is almost a MFO tradition to leave leave items unIDed, and I failed to remember that.

/enforcer mode

So the rule stands as it is, and if somebody cheats:
- his items ID will be changed for 0x31337a55,
- his items will enter all dupe lists around the world,
- he will have their CD key banned,
- he will be forever unwelcome at EMB,
- he will have a cargo ship of poisonous thorned tomatoes just waiting,
- and he will never blame Durf again, forever being responsible for his acts of plain idiocy.

Is that clear?

/funny, casual mode

45 minutes to go, and... time for beer and playing pool with some friends! So 2 hours of some quality MF time is all I need to win what? Crusader Bows? :lol:
Gabriel74 said:
Well, I trust allmost everybody here, but there are some bad-zod-"finding"-apples, that sometimes might want to spoil our fun and so on. This unid'ing is only a precaution.
ricrestoni said:
So 2 hours of some quality MF time is all I need to win what? Crusader Bows? :lol:
Laugh all you want... I still got some elite's up my sleeve, well actually Mephisto's...erm....sleeve. Sidenote, found my second Tal's Ammy on the way, my little brother will probably be more than pleased with it (he has the whole set now, including my-found armor).
Grr, had to go to sleep on Fri (its been a long week) so I'm abt 8hrs behind all the rest :) Time to start moving!

PS: I don't see why the Mil can't take part in both. They don't end at the same time. Of course, everyone is going to pwn Mil then so maybe he needs the headstart :lol:
Don't start any MFO's without me!!

I just come back from my holidays and now this. Can I still join?

Lets see if I can dig up a Stormlash.
Crusader Bows dropping is going to be hard to beat. My total number of points from all eligible items collected so far is exactly the same as the value for Eaglehorn :grrr:
I'd better cancel my other plans for tonight :lol:

On the plus side, with all the money made from selling Meph's junk, i gambled (!) Mara's ammy today 🤤
If only Meph would be this generous...
Gabriel74 said:
Wonderful attitude mate, you're a real star :teeth:
ricrestoni said:
Milamber - too occupied at other places... or is your hacked/runeduped hammerdin too much a loser to be up to it?
My initial reaction to this was anger, then I was offended. Nice.

No, it's Grand Final weekend here in Melbourne, Australia...sport and beer, way better.
Not to mention the first NRL Grand-Final qualifier, which at 1/2 time is shaping up to be a cracker, btw :)
Mil, I think that ricrestoni may have been joking.

@Gabriel74: Hah, if you've been following the trade threads recently you shouldn't be shocked at the lack of trust. In fact, there's so many people who are IMO untrustworthy, trading/MPing/MFO's don't even seem to be worthwhile any more. Last MFO a guy with a zero post count (yes, that does mean something) appeared from no-where, won the MFO and never posted again.
I'm tempted to say more, but I don't want to spoil this thread with more ranting.

Good luck to all involved.
12hrs on from Meph and no luck :( Got a lot of exceptions though no HoZ yet. Lets see how things appear tonite. At least I covered a couple of gaps in my Grail.
Well, with some ghetto-"Maldar"-style playing I've reached the Arcane Sanctuary, but it looks like I'm hosed since I can't host games. If somebody has the staff already and can host sometime today (Acts II and III) I might get in enough runs to get a couple Stone Crushers. :flip:
unfortunatly, I think I'm out.. plans changed.
Well, so far I've found 3 of the crappy elites and 2 decent exceptionals. I've also found a failed set monarch. :grrr:
I think I'm gonna withdraw too, not only have I not made it there yet, I don't know all of the unique/set item types, so un-IDing would prove difficult for me.

sledgez said:
I think I'm gonna withdraw too, not only have I not made it there yet, I don't know all of the unique/set item types, so un-IDing would prove difficult for me.
There's always the Arreat Summit.
yeah, but I don't want to write everything down on a paper before I start.. or keep the page up and alt+tab everytime I find a unique/set.
Hey Mil, no offense intended, sorry. Of course I am joking, duh, man, what were you thinking, that I was serious?

Found my 1st self found Arreats, and the furthest from a perfect one I will ever get. Also 2 lower eligible goodies - lower ones. Gotta work hard, Eaglehorn is really hard to beat. Also an ethereal Toothrow for my eth grail, and some holes in the grail are filled now.

@tweety: Well, what the heck, of course you can join, since it is fun this is about!
@Cinder: So the squid didn't eat your parents? Bummer...

Edited list of participants:

ricrestoni
Summoned
shermo
Icebird
sunbearie
dark_novastar
N'thraXX
sledgez - if he gets there - no lame excuses, you hear me? :lol:
Gabriel74
bonnemort
Guardian
yashugan_
tweety
JicamaEater - if he gets there!

Almost 5pm now, 39 more hours to MF!
sledgez said:
yeah, but I don't want to write everything down on a paper before I start.. or keep the page up and alt+tab everytime I find a unique/set.
Well- you could just fill up the stash and then check the stats with ATMA every now and then. ATMA shows the stats even if the item is unid'd.
Found 2 TC3 Uniques in the last half hour. I think this is Meph's special way of telling me I should take a break.
Rare elite bows also seem to be a dime a dozen...

Need... more... mephruns...
I'm getting pretty close to that Eaglehorn, just not lucky enough.
It has been a while since I ran Meph and I forgot how easy it is to get the first 3/4 of the grail.
The MFO stash is already filling up nicely. Lots of goodies to give away next week.
Now back to Meph.
tweety said:
I'm getting pretty close to that Eaglehorn, just not lucky enough.
It has been a while since I ran Meph and I forgot how easy it is to get the first 3/4 of the grail.
The MFO stash is already filling up nicely. Lots of goodies to give away next week.
Now back to Meph.
GL with your Eaglehorn-or-better-quest. Hope someone is able to score a Stormlash.

Oh yeah, just so you would something to go for..

1. Eaglehorn 39.6
2. Soul Drainer/Nosferatu's Coil 6.3
Gabriel74 said:
I'll just chalk this up to a bad day and forget about it.
Mil can be pretty unpredictable sometimes, especially when he gets wound up (I think ricrestoni's post pissed him off ;)). Obviously I don't speak for Mil so I'll let him clarify when he comes on.
Gabriel74 said:
I find your abrasiveness interesting. I didn't attack anyone. Is there something in my post you think is incorrect? Sam_manzanza seems to think that not only am I right about the lack of trust, but that it is warranted. As for the dishonest until proven honest, I doubt anyone would assume that you would cheat in this contest. I have been here since January, have done nothing to make anyone think me dishonest, but the assumption is that people in the MFO could cheat, so we keep it unided.

Its not like I stormed off in a huff and said "fine I won't play" ricestroni has to do what he has to do, I don't fault him for this. I just think it is unfortunate that this is the percieved atmosphere at the spf.

Thanks mil, you are officially the first person in this entire forum to even attempt to be rude to me. I am familiar with your posts and frankly have always had a lot of respect for you. I'll just chalk this up to a bad day and forget about it, but I do think it was uncalled for.
Well, your attitude isn't actually a sunshine one, now is it? It's like your seeing the SPF as a place of mistrust. To me it's unfortunate that you see it this way.
ricrestoni said:
Hey Mil, no offense intended, sorry. Of course I am joking, duh, man, what were you thinking, that I was serious?
Nah my fault mate, was a little wound up when I came online and took things the wrong way! It's all good from my end. 👍
Gabriel74 said:
Thanks mil, you are officially the first person in this entire forum to even attempt to be rude to me. I am familiar with your posts and frankly have always had a lot of respect for you. I'll just chalk this up to a bad day and forget about it, but I do think it was uncalled for.
Read my above response to ricrestoni, my comment to you was uncalled for, I was as you say in a bad patch of the day, and sadly brought that attitude in here at the time. Hope you accept my apology to you. As sam says, I get a little AWOL when I'm 'woud up' :lol:

I hope this clears the matter, and we can all forget about it. :)
Milamber said:
Hope you accept my apology to you. As sam says, I get a little AWOL when I'm 'woud up' :lol:
Yeah, you were woud up that day.
Thanks Mil. Like I said, lots of respect. You're a class act.
Out of curiousity (honestly, not trying to beat a dead horse) I accidentally id'd a naj's puzzler (it was in my horadric cube in my inventory, I thought I had put everything in my stash I didn't want id'd.) Is this going to be a problem, should I not count it, it is the highest thing I have found yet, so its up to ricestroni I guess.
@Gabriel74: as I said, this miniMFO edition will allow IDed stuff, so no problem at all. But practice leaving items unIDed for the next editions, and of course, the big event itself.

@Mil&Sam: OMGWTFSPAMZORZ!!1112 How to forget Mil's mood swings, anyone remember the shortest forum departure ever? :lol: :winner:
ricrestoni said:
@Gabriel74: as I said, this miniMFO edition will allow IDed stuff, so no problem at all. But practice leaving items unIDed for the next editions, and of course, the big event itself.

@Mil&Sam: OMGWTFSPAMZORZ!!1112 How to forget Mil's mood swings, anyone remember the shortest forum departure ever? :lol: :winner:
It lasted what, about 30 mins? :lol:

I knew I'd neve live that down :)
Tals Ammy popped up from good old Meph, one down for the self found grail!

5:36, so the mid point for me was 3,5 hours ago. Gotta speed up now if I want that Stormlash today!
Yesterday was amulet day (2 Civerb's, 1 Iratha, 1 Tal's and a gambled Mara's).
Today is shaping up to be an Ormus Robes day (3 in the last 2 hours).
The trend of dropping TC3 uniques I dont need anymore for my grail seems to continue too, ethereal Gull a few games ago :scratch:
yashugan_ said:
Yesterday was amulet day (2 Civerb's, 1 Iratha, 1 Tal's and a gambled Mara's).
Today is shaping up to be an Ormus Robes day (3 in the last 2 hours).
The trend of dropping TC3 uniques I dont need anymore for my grail seems to continue too, ethereal Gull a few games ago :scratch:
Hehe, I found a Biggin's Bonnet yesterday and altogether I have found two Ormus' Robes, now I have three in total. One was +3 Fire Ball! :winner:

Oh, yesterday I found a Nosferatu's Coil.....it was ethereal. Anyone doing a ethereal grail? I can donate ethereal stuff for a good purpose.
Guess, after 48th runs, I guess my attempt at the MFO is over. Total no. of elites: 2 What lousy luck :rant: I'll sacrifice them then.

What happens to those who "lose"? Do they get to keep their elites if the winners do not want them?

N'thraXX said:
Oh, yesterday I found a Nosferatu's Coil.....it was ethereal. Anyone doing a ethereal grail? I can donate ethereal stuff for a good purpose.
I don't mind that eth Nosferatu's Coil :) I don't have a normal one in exchange though. Might have a vergos instead
You wouldn't happen to have a 15% Tal Rasha's Belt would you? ;)
Time is slowly running out, but thankfully, Meph has been pretty generous these last few hours. I can almost top N'thraXX's result.

Now back to the durance :)
Sigh.

I haven't been able to run Meph for a while now and probably can't anymore since my geography exam tomorrow. So the Eaglehorn is probably going to stay as my best item.

Hope I can squeeze atleast a few more runs into my day.
I also found my first 1.10 Tals ammy, I guess its not that rare from Meph.
One day left to get me that Stormlash.
alright, I rushed like crazy and got there.. (lol, I made good time, too). It's Sunday morning - almost afternoon, here, a whole day of running for me, try to get in the game. :)
All right, my eyes bleed, and tears roll down my cheeks, while my mind numbly orders my hands: "teleport, kill Mephisto, collect goodies". I have forfeited food, drink, sleep and personal hygiene for almost 48 hours!

And that DAMN bow is yet to be beaten!

Only 18 hours to go, I will squeeze the last drops of fuel from my tank, as hope still survives!

(n case you wonder, no, I ate, drank and took a bath yesterday. A quick one, that was it. And the computer has been on since friday!)
I'm starting to feel a little quilty on finding that bow... :lol:

Clock is almost nine (sunday, pm) here and my geography test is tomorrow so the MFO is pretty much over for me. Maybe just a few runs...
I dropped out of the tourney before it started cuz I was to busy to run meph for very long, turns out I did a few runs and ended up with an azurewrath... :(. Maybe I could of nabbed second?

-roninDOG
I think I found someone's missing WF. Where's the lost and found?

In my last ten runs (yes I was able to squeeze a few runs in) I got my fourth Shako, my first Stormshield and my second Stormshield shortly after the first (two SS's!).

To whom does my WF belong to? :scratch:

Edit:
BTW, I suggest that everyone does a Meph run immediately after the MFO is over, because as we all know it, it's going to bring everyone a Stormlash. :lol:
Let's not all assume that that bow is going to win. (cough, cough, warshrike, cough, cough).
8 1/2 hours left (MST). If I do nothing else I might just find a set item from here to 11:00. Damn flayer mobs, I'm stuck corpse-running from Spider Forest.
Last hour of runs starts now for me, got to go to work tomorrow morning :rant:
One lucky drop is all I need... besides sleep that is ;)
uhh, yeah, I'd like to claim that WF, N'ThraXX. :p I've found 5 elites.. my first one being my very first throughout my D2 career. All of them are nothin' compared to what I'm readin' now, though.
Are the Kurast areas tougher than the Fetish Jungles? If so, I'll just turn in now and save my sanity for this weekend. If not, I'll do everything I can to push the rest of the way through to Durance 3.
That's it, time's up for me :(

I'm looking forward to the results, i think it will be rather close.
Found about 20 eligible uniques, and a champion one!. Also a total of 3 demon limbs! Found also Trang Ouls armor & shield, IK helm, Aldurs helm and a couple of cool stuff for my self found ethereal grail.

Only 12 hours to go for me, and a night of sleep in the middle :rant:

Ah, IMPORTANT WARNING!

My e-mail at pop dot com dot br seems to be out of work today, so please send your findings ALSO to my forum name at gmail dot com.

Good last runs for you all!
1 hour left for me, I think, unless it doesn't end at 8 PM on Sunday.
erm, still ends at 8 AM Monday, right?
Eek! Forgot to look at the first post.

Okay, N'Thraxx, you're going down! :lol:

Edit: Okay, I give up. :grrr:

LOL! Less than one hour to give up, Summoned? I don't want to give up, but I am so tired of running Meph and getting crap that I will just call it a night and try to wake up 6 am for the last fewruns. Probably will wake 9 am and duh! myself.

An no, didn't beat the damn Eaglehorn points!
neither did I.. :[ or, have.. I plan on running him more.. and more..
Well, at least I found 2 cerberus' bite (bites?), which beats the rarity of 2 stormshields. :lol:
If anyone is wondering where to find the IK stone crusher it is definitely Hell Meph. I have found four so far.
tourney finished for me, sending the results!
Even if I lose, this has been well worth it. I have found several useful items I did not previously have, including two witchwild string bows.
Well the clock is 11.19PM here, so the MFO is long gone for me. The good thing is that I only have one exam left and it's an easy one, math. So no reading for me anymore, atleast until the next exams.

N'thraXX said:
BTW, I suggest that everyone does a Meph run immediately after the MFO is over, because as we all know it, it's going to bring everyone a Stormlash.

Sigh. Didn't work, I got an burlywood Edge Bow.

*goes to send results*
My best find: http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/Screenshot092.jpg

and a total of 223 items (exeptionals and elites) in stash of which 7 Wizardspikes and 6 Laying of Hands.
I found two grail items, Licanders Flank and Andariels Visage.
real life totally got in the way of my diablo-ing this weekend. i think i maybe got in a total of one hour of meph runs. my results were therefore not exciting......

on one of the few runs where i actually let my merc get the kill i did find a crusader bow. it was blue of course. that made me sad. :grrr:
tweety said:
My best find: http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload9/Screenshot092.jpg

and a total of 223 items (exeptionals and elites) in stash of which 7 Wizardspikes and 6 Laying of Hands.
I found two grail items, Licanders Flank and Andariels Visage.
Blast you!

Was it a Stormlash? GJ if it was, 👍
It was Horizon's. Its my second Horizon and no Stormlash yet, so I can't complain at the moment. Its a nice moment when you see a unique scourge on the ground and quickly go to ATMA to see if its the right one.
This time it wasn't, but still a nice find.
*grunts* I guess my luck was on vacation or something >.< my results have been sent..
tweety said:
...but still a nice find.
You mean "but, still better than your lousy Eaglehorn!". :lol:

Just kidding. Can't wait for the final standings, hope I'm atleast in the top 6 so no one can claim my SS.
Results sent.

Very nice Tweety, that's probably game.

I wasn't even able to fully beat N'traXX's post. I also got an Eaglehorn, but second item is pretty low... oh well.
Btw, a question : is Kira's Guardian considered as an elite unique ?

Short report of the weekend :

Number of runs : 510 (i actually took note for the occasion :) )
Number of eligible items : 61

Basically, i found around 80% of every item rated 4.4 or lower at least once, but a lot of them twice. Even some *3 or *4 (IK maul, Ormus and Gimmershred).
And then there was the Crusader. Drop was only 3 items, 2 of them blue, so at first i was disappointed. It took me a split second to realize what really dropped. This was sunday, late morning, around run 320. I spent the rest of the day trying to get something in 10 range, but it didnt happen.

Take a look : http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload3/CrusaderBow.jpg

Also found lots of cool exceptionals, like Jalal's, Guardian Angel, Tal's weapon, Hoz, even filled some holes in the Grail table.
Disturbingly enough, since Hell Meph isn't really the prime target for these items, i found 4 TC3 uniques, 2 of which were Gulls !
Lastly, amulet day on saturday (cfr previous post) became ring day on sunday. Jewelry found : 13 Cathan's rings, 7 Angelic rings, 1 Iratha amulet, 1 Tal's, 1 gambled Mara's, 1 Rising Sun, 2 Ravenfrosts, 1 Dwarf Star, 1 Stone of Jordan and a Nokozan Relic.

In short, i was extremely lucky this weekend, never found this much in such a short time span. After this weekend, I really changed my mind about Meph. After being one of my 2 only MF targets in 1.09 for basically forever, I never liked running him much in 1.10 (keep in mind i've only been playing 1.10 for about 3 months now). Old sorc too weak, new sorc too low level, so i move to the Pits. After this weekend, Meph is definately back on the list :)

Thanks to ricrestoni for hosting. It's been a lot of fun.

Screw triangle schemes, Hell Meph is where it's at ;)
Eventhough ATMA considers Kira's an exceptional and Griffon's as a elite item, I don't. FARA considers both as elite.

I see them as Misc. Uniques.
Griffons eye is absolutly an elite item. Its TC87 and very rare and the set diadem is also considered elite.

Nice finds there yashugan_. I have the same feeling as you that 1.10 Meph is a much better target than in 1.09. I also did not run him a lot in 1.10, mainly because I have most of the items that he can drop, but I was pleasantly surprised with the result of this weekend. Endless Meph runs in 1.09 never got me a Shaftstop and this weekend I found 3.
tweety said:
...a Shaftstop and this weekend I found 3.
wtfomgplzgibitamzthxpai

I once found a Shaftstop, but that was before my start-over thingy so now it belongs to my lil' brother.
:lol:

Does that mean you want one :scratch:
Well, I would surely like to find one, but I don't want one donated to me.

Actually I'm not quite sure why I don't trade or participate the Giveaway Thread as the receiving party. Actually I wouldn't have taken/won't take anything from anyone for myself if I would have won/win something. Maybe something for my little brother. He's desparate for an Aldur's Armor. Of course Meph can't drop one...

Anyhoo, I started my Pindle/Threshruns once again and so far I've gotten two IKMauls, one from both. Oh, and a Chromatic Ire, my 'Overflow' stash is slowly reaching it's 200 mark.
I'll post my results tonight. I was only motivated enough for about 30 minutes of runs (I'm saving my energy for Baal), and got about 5 items, rated at 4.4 or less. I did find a 2/2/2 Tal's Orb and a Lem rune so it was fairly productive for the limited I spent on him.

Chris

Well, you are entitled to your opinion of course :) But the game really does consider Tiaras to be exceptional Coronets, with Diadems being the elite version. You can upgrade Kira's to Diadem using the excep->elite recipe, etc.

The only reason Fara lists Kira's as an elite is because it is a new 1.10 unique and every other new 1.10 unique item was either elite or jewelry. But it really is an exceptional unique, by any consistent definition.
This was fun. My info is sent now that I am back from school. I actually thought for a while that I might win, but it was a lot of fun anyway 👍

The Kira's thing confused me as well. I found two this weekend and was surprised that they were considered exceptional because of their high TC, though I get the fact that it is a Tiara instead of Diadem.
Just arrived home, opened my mail, and got the lists of items and participants in one file, and the mail I received in another file.

So far:

* ricrestoni
* Summoned
? shermo
k Icebird
? sunbearie
* dark_novastar
* N'thraXX
* sledgez
* Gabriel74
* bonnemort
? Guardian
* yashugan_
* tweety
x JicamaEater - never got there!

Where

* received ok
k expecting any minute
x drop out
? were in but didn't pronouce him/herself since

Just to remind, you have until tomorrow to send your results.

I must say what I read so far is... intriguing...
*looks mysteriouusly to the audience* :teeth:

I loved it too, I must add!
Hmmm, I sent the results to your pop.com addy. Guess I'll resend it to the Gmail one as well. Sorry abt the delay here :)
14:45 now, and the status changes are:

sunbearie from ? to k - expecting any minute
shermo from ? to * - received fine

Right now the only MIA is Guardian. Icebird and sunbearie didn't send their report, but they appeared on the thread and are publicly aware of it. If by tonight I don't get all results, I will PM the participants that are yet to send them to me. Tomorrow morning we have an official winner.
I killed Meph last night, and he dropped half of Cathan's set, and a couple Uniques (by the numbers a very good drop, with 1 rare, bad in the types of Greens/Golds I got). But I have nothing that will compete with probably anything one of the real participants got. No Stormlashes, that's for sure.
I had so many Cathan Seals this weekend that I bet I could just seal the gates of hell tight shut and no prime evil would ever be able to open it again.
PMs sent to the 3 remaining, Icebird was the only reassuring answer. The schedule stands.

And yes, this was a bump :teeth:
Results sent. I'll try to be more motivated when the Baal competition comes around.

Chris
Didn't get them, please try again. Try also sending me a PM with them. On a last resource, post them tomorrow on this thread for all to see them. No reason to rule anybody out for stupid mail bugs!

sunbearie and Guardian?
BTW, I have a question concerning the MFO's.

If we're doing say Baal runs, can I submit items that were dropped from anywhere along the way to Baal, or only items dropped by Baal?
I believe in the previous MFO the minions were considered part of the Baal drop (same goes for Seal bosses in CS), but WSK 2&3 are considered lvl 85 Area's.

I'm not sure about the throne room itself. My guess is part of the Baal drop too.

Grr pIER
In past competitions have been run simultaneously, so the question became: was a Baal minion drop considered a Baal drop, a Level 85 drop, or neither?

Since for this competition we're only running one category at a time, I would suggest that any drops from the WSK or minions during Baal runs count towards the Baal category.

Chris
All right, time is up! Icebird and Sunbearie sent their results, and Guardian won a red card and a booing tomato: booo! *BLOSCH*

Final standings any minute!

Originally posted by: @ricrestoni

1st miniMFO - Mephisto Edition

Final Results

These ones, for lack of time, of better equipment, better char, or even abandoned by the WF for this weekend, didn't make it. Each of them can have an item claimed by the winners.

name - build level MF - first item (value), second item (value)

* sledgez - Aramil Barb 79 105% - Andariel's Visage (7.3), Spike Thorn (6.3) - 7
* shermo - Hammerdin 95 ~550% - Soul Drainer (6.3), Ormus' Robes (3.5) - 8
* dark_novastar - Frenzy Barb 80 264% - Dracul's Grasp (5.3), Gimmershred (2.5) - 9
* Icebird - Javazon 91 300~400% - Hellslayer (4.4), Flamebellow (3.5) (no full readouts provided)- 10
* sunbearie - *a mistery to us all* - Shadow Killer (4), Demon's Arch (3.5) - 11
* bonnemort - Hammerdin 90 ~500% - Credendum (3.1), Natalya's Shadow IDed (3.1) - 12

These ones almost make it, but also almost didn't, so all is well if ends well! These are safe from item grabs:

* yashugan_ - Meteorb 89 412%(merc) - Eaglehorn (39.6), Blood Raven's Charge (5.9) - 4
* ricrestoni - Avenger 83 398% - Heaven's Light (17.3), Alma Negra (9.8) - 5
* Summoned - ES Cold Sorc 92 ~400% - Cerebus' Bite (9.7), Cerebus' Bite (9.7) - 6

Before the top 3, a special mention of honor goes to Icebird, the happy finder of Sazabi's Mental Sheath, set Basinet, only elite item not in the list. (Or is it, and I wasn't able to find it?)

Now... the TOP 3!

In third, he posted it - lots of times - and said he had some elites in the sleeves. He had indeed, for breaking tie in the third place, earning the rights to claim one item:

* N'thraXX - Hammerdin 90 597% (switch) - Eaglehorn (39.6), Soul Drainer (6.3) - 3

In second *drumrolls* ... he really enjoyed the show, and is already having new ideas for future mMFO. He coughed a Warshrike, earning the rights to 2 item claims. He is...

* Gabriel74 - Hammerdin 91 380% - Warshrike (39.6), Demonhorn's Edge (13.3) - 2

And for the last, he came late, and I let him enter. Bugger! that lucky bastard! With 2 amazing findings, he is the winner of this competition, earning the right if the first 3 claims, a mini MFO Silks of the Victor, a box of Cookies and a free coke at EMB. All cheers for...

* tweety - Blizz Sorc 90 633% - Horizon's Tornado (47.4), Azurewrath (26.4) - 1

I would like to thank all who took part in it, it was a blast for the weekend, and made me save a lot of money by not doing anything but playing the game :lol:.

What would I do differently:

- Items necessarily unIDed
- Rules for sacaling down according to number of players finishing the competition

Thanks all again, hoping next edition will come soon!

Now, first Tweety claims his 3 items from the bottom list, then Gabriel chooses his 2, then N'thraXX the last one. Remember, only one item from each player!

EDIT: if any competitor wants an ATMA readout of any item of his competition, feel free to ask me by mail and I will provide it.

For easier reference:

* tweety - Blizz Sorc 90 633% - Horizon's Tornado (47.4), Azurewrath (26.4) - 1
* Gabriel74 - Hammerdin 91 380% - Warshrike (39.6), Demonhorn's Edge (13.3) - 2
* N'thraXX - Hammerdin 90 597% (switch) - Eaglehorn (39.6), Soul Drainer (6.3) - 3
* yashugan_ - Meteorb 89 412%(merc) - Eaglehorn (39.6), Blood Raven's Charge (5.9) - 4
* ricrestoni - Avenger 83 398% - Heaven's Light (17.3), Alma Negra (9.8) - 5
* Summoned - ES Cold Sorc 92 ~400% - Cerebus' Bite (9.7), Cerebus' Bite (9.7) - 6
* sledgez - Aramil Barb 79 105% - Andariel's Visage (7.3), Spike Thorn (6.3) - 7
* shermo - Hammerdin 95 ~550% - Soul Drainer (6.3), Ormus' Robes (3.5) - 8
* dark_novastar - Frenzy Barb 80 264% - Dracul's Grasp (5.3), Gimmershred (2.5) - 9
* Icebird - Javazon 91 300~400% - Hellslayer (4.4), Flamebellow (3.5) (no full readouts provided)- 10
* sunbearie - *a mistery to us all* - Shadow Killer (4), Demon's Arch (3.5) - 11
* bonnemort - Hammerdin 90 ~500% - Credendum (3.1), Natalya's Shadow IDed (3.1) - 12

Cheers!

-ricrestoni

Wohoo! I made it to the TOP3!

Just for you to know, I don't want any items from anyone. Unless someone happened to find a set Shadow Plate (it would go to my lilbro), which of course can't drop from Meph.

So I'll let someone have their stuff.

Can't wait for the next MFO, since I don't have to read to exams I have all the time in my life to run....whoever is next.
Wahoo, who says second place is the first loser, this was awesome. I entered intending to graciously take what I wanted should I end up in the top few spots, however, I have recently had a massive change of play.

I am going HC, and giving all of my SC stuff away in the giveaway thread now that the results are in and I know that I can give away what I found in this little MFO.

I hope this doesn't make anyone mad like "you were a part of this contest, now you are just screwing it up." I honestly didn't enter thinking I would turn down a prize, but as I am giving all my stuff away today, I figured it would be pointless to take from someone else, especially if they really wanted/needed it.

P.S. I am keeping all the equipment on my Hammerdin Gabriel and will be more than excited to take part in any future MFO mini or not. This MFO is some of the best D2 I have played in a long time, one of the reasons I am going HC is to try to spice it up a bit. Anyone interested in any of my stuff go to the giveaway thread in a bit.

:winner:
congrats to you all

now, i want in the next one :D

*plz be the pit; plz be the pit... my barb is still act4...*
I did better than I thought I did.. it's a pity that no one wants to take anything though.. :p (well, haven't heard from tweety yet, so I can't say anyone). congratulations N'ThraXX, Gabriel, and tweety.
:winner:

When does the next one start?

And I also don't take any items, mainly because I only use self found stuff. I would like to thank Ricrestoni for the organization, it was nice to do some Meph runs again.

N'thraXX, I have a few of those Aldurs Plates, if you want one, just let me know.

so i officially came in last?:winner: i obviously need to get in better shape before the next one.

congratulations to N'ThraXX, Gabriel, and tweety. are you sure none of you needs a new credendum?
So that settles it! no winner claims, everybody is happy!

Next weekend: too close.
The following: extended holidays, so who knows?
The following: possible travel.

I am really wanting next edition to be at lvl85 areas (lord of the pit!)

And Gabriel is coming with some new ideas. If they are any good, he might be our next host!
COngrates to the winners :) I didn't even come in last which was unexpected :lol:
necro, your post makes no sense. No one found a Sazabi's Sheath and it wasn't on the original list, only Ghost Liberator.
Is that all you guys found? Pffft :p

;)
I don't know how you did in yours Mil, but I would say that mine was pretty good for the approx six hours I put into it. You see I am married and have an 18 month old. As I found out today 18 month old and HC is not the best of combinations, but lets just say it will add a new dimension of difficulty.

Plus, I don't mind when others find better stuff. I was thrilled to see the Warshrike. :winner:
:lol: I was just egging you boys on, nothing serious. And I also understand what it's like to have a life, I spend about 14 hours a day at work :( - so yeah, I was only kidding.
I figured it was a good natured tongue in cheek ribbing. (too many body parts in that one).

Fourteen hours a day. Sheesh. What do you do?
I work in Finance, so yeah, Company man here - :lol:
Work in finance, yet you play D2 and read Feist. Do all the suits at your job know that you are such a geek. :surprise:
Congrats to the winners !

Arg ! So close, almost made top 3.
Either way, i had a lot of fun, that's the only thing that matters. Finding lots of nice items is a cool plus :)

I'm eagerly awaiting the next edition of MFO, whatever the rules or target may be, I will be sure to participate. Baal might be a problem though, haven't reached him yet and dont know whether my meteorb is up to running him at high speed.
Only when I wipe their arse's on the pool table. ;)

Since when did reading make a person a geek? :teeth: Besides, I do have other interests :)
/sleepy mode

Yeah, necro is right, Giant Conch is the elite version.
Mil reading does not make one a geek. There was no derogatory meaning implied, I am proud to proclaim that I am a geek. I love reading (mostly fantasy for enjoyment, I get enough serious reading in Law School) I love computer games, comic books and I played RPG growing up. These are just a few of the major tells.

Proud to be a geek :howdy:

@necro, sorry I missed that post, most humbly apologize
I was thinking, not the next but the following weekend (10/8~10/11), the 2nd miniMFO, Hunt for the Lost SoJ edition. Competitors target Andariel only, and only uniques/sets rings, amulets and charms are in the competition. I quickly did the point rating, acconding to ATMA drop calc:

6,3 Manald Heal - {qlvl 20}
6,3 Nagelring - {qlvl 10}
6,8 Gheed's Fortune - {qlvl 70}
9,4 Dwarf Star - {qlvl 53}
9,4 Raven Frost - {qlvl 53}
11,6 Nokozan Relic - {qlvl 14}
23,2 The Mahim-Oak Curio - {qlvl 34}
31,3 Carrion Wind - {qlvl 68}
46,4 Atma's Scarab - {qlvl 60}
46,4 Crescent Moon - {qlvl 58}
46,4 Highlord's Wrath - {qlvl 73}
46,4 Saracen's Chance - {qlvl 55}
46,4 The Cat's Eye - {qlvl 58}
46,4 The Eye of Etlich - {qlvl 20}
46,4 The Rising Sun - {qlvl 73}
77,4 Seraph's Hymn - {qlvl 73}
93,9 Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band - {qlvl 66}
93,9 The Stone of Jordan - {qlvl 39}

1,0 Cathan's Seal - {qlvl 15}
2,3 Angelic Halo - {qlvl 17}
9,0 Angelic Wings - {qlvl 17}
9,0 Cathan's Sigil - {qlvl 15}
9,0 Civerb's Icon - {qlvl 13}
9,0 Iratha's Collar - {qlvl 21}
9,0 Tancred's Weird - {qlvl 27}
9,0 Vidala's Snare - {qlvl 19}
62,8 Arcanna's Sign - {qlvl 20}
62,8 Tal Rasha's Adjudication - {qlvl 26}
62,8 Telling of Beads - {qlvl 39}

Also wondering about an entry fee, something like a rare jewel or a Tal~Ort rune, or even Pgems, for the winners to win instead of claiming items, since people always don't claim their due prizes, and it kinda feel empty for all of us if the winner don't get anything but bragging rights.

Finally, if this edition takes off, I will probably increase the number of items from 2 to around 5, just to avoid ties, since there are much fewer valid ones. Or maybe adding points for top N items, just like the MFO works.

Thoughts?
Wonderful idea. I haven't ever found most of the jewelry, so it would definitely be interesting. Count me in. Should we start a new thread?
Sounds even more fun!
Sounds good to me.
I could use a few more SOJs and Bul Kathos rings.
Perfect gems as an entry fee also sounds good, you can never have enough of those.
I think I'll skip this one. :D

None of my characters are capable of doing Andariel runs (or at least, I really despise them), and the last time I got a Stone of Jordan from her was never.
This going to be for NM Andy then? or for the Hell lady? I got my SoJ off her(NM) but I haven't found my Tal's ammy (21 green ammys and counting)

Hell Andy, that will be. She can drop more stuff then NM, so if you don't find your SoJ, you can still come up with Wedding Bands, Highlords + other great ammulets, Harlequin Crests, Vampire Gazes, War Travs or Gheeds Fortunes, and instead of up to KO, you can end up with a rune up to LO! Sounds promising, right?
The MFO starts next friday? Since there's no thread yet I must presume so...
Yep, I hope so. I will create a thread on Monday, I think it is better.
Put me in for NM Andy and the SoJ hunt
If it's NM Andy, I'm in. If it's Hell Andy, as Ricrestoni says, I'll be back later.

As long as I can cover the entrance fee, that is.
I'm in.. like tragor though.. if I can cover the entrance fee :S
Entrance fee?
well, I assumed that we would be using Perfect Gems as an entrance fee.. it was mentioned somewhere up there ^, dododo....
ricrestoni said:
Also wondering about an entry fee, something like a rare jewel or a Tal~Ort rune, or even Pgems, for the winners to win instead of claiming items, since people always don't claim their due prizes, and it kinda feel empty for all of us if the winner don't get anything but bragging rights.
Hmm... NM Andy starts to get a greater appeal. Later I will post odds for the NM lady to drop those rings. What about this:

Entrance fee: A rune Tir or up, a perfect gem AND any jewel. they will go to the runes stash, pgem stash and jewels stash. This fee allows you compete in all categories.

Categories: NM Andariel and Hell Andariel

Prizes: Winner at Hell gets to choose a stash first, winner at NM gets to choose a stash second, and the third one goes to Hell's second place.

It gets more interesting every day!

Edit: and, of course, I go both categories! Maybe an early MF time with my sorc at NM!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High