MFO Winter 2013 Signups and Progress [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on Dec 5, 2012.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

It's that time of year again. Time to prepare your runners, to bring out the (friendly) trash talk, and to play a lot of Diablo II. I'm talking of course of the first MFO of the year!

Start time: January 4th 2013, 00:00 local time
End time: January 13th 2013, 11:59 PM local time

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds ([higblight]updated scoresheets below[/b]) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Ancient Tunnels
- Other Level 85 Areas
- teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Fabian

AT
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

Email your score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

This thread is going up relatively early (the start of the MFO is still a month away), but it will give people plenty of time to plan and to prepare their characters.

That's it! Let the trash talking begin :) If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me here or email me at *redacted -Pb_pal*

2012 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

2012 Summer MFO Results Thread

2013 Winter MFO Results Thread

Last edited:
@Fabian: Willing to supervise as usual, and will definitely send results to you three days after receiving them!
If you want to be a category supervisor, please post here saying so (include your email address).

Since this thread was posted pretty early, I'll be bumping it around 2 weeks before the MFO starts, and again one week before it starts. That should mean people are able to see it in time and plan accordingly.

Now tell all your retired SPFer friends to come back for this one, it's going to be good :) I'm looking at you, jimsfriend and LiquidClear, our team's honor is at stake!
I won't be taking part, but good luck to everybody, and may your drops be gold and green!

Also, don't let FoE win. Please. Just don't!
Kitteh said:
I won't be taking part, but good luck to everybody, and may your drops be gold and green!

So we should all sign-up in FoE's category? And why aren't you playing? Kittehs usually like playing.

Signed myself up for Baals. What else.
I can't, trade status. I'll probably play along myself and post my score when I congratulate and comment on people's findings. Can't actually take part as such though.
Ah, i thought that got fixed when you did the full restart a while ago. Such a shame.
Nope, very complicated. I'll PM you, save discussing it the MFO thread.
Ugh, I have an exam at the 7th and (if I do well at my interview on friday) am possibly starting a new part time job in this period. I won't sign up yet, but I'm probably gonna be looking for a reason to procrastinate on preparing my self for that economics exam anyways.. :whistling:

Kitteh said:

But why?
Because then I'll never stop hearing about it :loving:
May I can win this time!
Hello guys,

I would like to participate but since it's my first time I would like to make a few questions first. I've read everything just asking asking to be sure.

1. During the Tournament, can we switch between characters and keep farming on the area we selected?
2. What if we find a powerful unique outside of the area we selected?
3. Do runes count for points?
4. We should keep a separate stash until the tournament ends for each item found for it, right?
5. How ca you know someone is playing fair on this? :O I mean someone may find something really cool and hide it from the Tournament to keep it for himself.
1. Yes you can. In case of other lvl85 areas you can even switch between all areas minus AT.
2. It doesn't count ofc. Feel free to keep it.
3. Not at all. On good note, you also keep all of them.
4. It's good idea. I usually have separate stash for MFO qualifiers and non qualifiers.
5. You don't know, but let's say someone find DWeb and decides to keep it. That guy just burned huge chunk of his points of total score. Those cool things are usually high scorers so even if that person keeps stuff for himself it will only hurt him in the end, possibly costing him top 3 places and he won't be able to take other's items that way. So you actually want to report your finds :)

As for MFO, not sure if I'll join, what category, what char or whatever. It's still month until then.
Excalibur said:
Hello guys,

I would like to participate but since it's my first time I would like to make a few questions first. I've read everything just asking asking to be sure.

1. During the Tournament, can we switch between characters and keep farming on the area we selected?
2. What if we find a powerful unique outside of the area we selected?
3. Do runes count for points?
4. We should keep a separate stash until the tournament ends for each item found for it, right?
5. How ca you know someone is playing fair on this? :O I mean someone may find something really cool and hide it from the Tournament to keep it for himself.
If you don't think people will trust you, you can always take screenshots of your top finds. I mean, I usually do this for excellent finds, anyway. then it's dated and everything.
The regular email updates help people be honest and then a lot of suspicion would come from someone who claimed a Tyrael's and Mang's dropped in the last day just to take 1st, for example.
Still, I don't think this is a problem because I think most people who participate do it for the competition, and enjoy it :)
Excalibur, good answers from others, so I won't rehash everything.

The playing fair thing is sort of just assumed. I mean, it's sort of assumed by default on this forum that people aren't cheating and lying, isn't it? That said, if you (not you specifically, anyone) feel uneasy about possibly finding something you will have to give away, the MFO might not be the best MF comptetition for you. There are several more "casual" tournaments most years, but the MFO is, so to speak, "the big one" where the stakes are a little bit higher. I've lost a 2/15/28 CoA and I think at least one more nice item (it escapes me at the moment) in this tournament, but it's a big part of what makes the MFO the most significant tradition we have on this forum.
Interesting. I think it's time to start practicing with Zerk barb and decide whether to go Pit or Pindle. And collect all 7 MF SC possible and few Ist runes. Oh well, I'm already preparing myself for my first MFO running trav, but I'm still not sure how much time will I have for running. Period is kind of busy one.
Ok good! Thanks for the answers. And how do I sign-up? Do I simply copy the text of the last Sign-uper and add mine?
Yup! Remember to add the link to your trade profile, too.
Okay, thanks!

Guess I can sign up for Pindle..
Do I need a trader profile to sign up? I need to check my school schedule, but this whole thing might be the last week of winter break, which means count me in! If I do this, I'll probably stick to baal on my sorc, as I'm ever so slowly levelling her as well.

Btw, is there a reason the points for baal drops are so much higher?
Daz,

The points are relative to the most common qualifier, and in the case of Baal, he'll drop an average of 422.5 IKSC's for every Tyrael's he drops. The relative rarities are not the same for level 85 area bosses or Pindle etc.

"Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum."
Hope you guys enjoy this MFO, i really did enjoy the last one, but unfortunately my trade status doesnt allow me to get involved :(

Have fun, and i will be following the progress and cannot wait for the results
Fabian said:
Daz,

The points are relative to the most common qualifier, and in the case of Baal, he'll drop an average of 422.5 IKSC's for every Tyrael's he drops. The relative rarities are not the same for level 85 area bosses or Pindle etc.

"Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum."
Awesome thanks for clearing that up. I don't trade, but I'll go make a profile and see if I can participate. This seems like it would be a great time
I wouldn't miss this. I'm going to join the competition in the AT category, as I actually like running that. GL HF GG
You're going down ND!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My FoHer will smite you because he knows that as a prerequisite.
haha. Yeah probably. I think I'm just going to stick to my current map and just run it like crazy with the hopes of just putting in sheer numbers and gettin' lucky. Never been one for crazy preparation.
Sounds pretty much exactly like proper preparation to me? :)
Fabian said:
Sounds pretty much exactly like proper preparation to me? :)
You're a git and win with no preparation. Damn you!
ND, your map is extremely good already, assuming it's the same one you posted a while ago, so there's no reason to change it. With some practice, you could easily do 30-35 second runs (possibly even less?) hitting 5 or so bosspacks, which would put you near barbarian efficiency.

Originally posted by: @frozzzen

Kinda idea for MFO, but failed miserably. Perhaps if anyone feels like having a challenge, or killing off couple HC barbs, here is vid of WSK running Berserker. Pretty crap runs overall, but considering how bad this area and runner actually are, they are half decent.

Idea was that entrance to WSK is much closer then to Pits, and if one gets nice bosspack density it could be more efficient then Pit. Didn't really work but if anyone is willing to take on to challenge like this, hope this video will be a bit inspiration :D

I still didn't die with him, but quad frenzytaur pack in throne and couple more occasions made me S/E.

Frozzz is that /p1 runs? Otherwise just do /p7 with Mio.. surely clearing whole pack of minions (and pretty often whole screen) with a throw or two equals at least one hork? Only problem is LI mages. If I get motivation up for MFO I'll try wsk zon.
Yeah, that ain't going to happen frozzzen, my barb could probably handle it, but #1 I don't have nigma, #2 you used so many full rejuvs that its obviously to dangerous for my HC barb to attempt with mf gear rather than my baal running setup.
I have been removed from the MFO :(
Briefly. Now my braincell has gone back to memory duty, I've put you back. :p

Sorry about that. :)
woohoo!
You're still going down ND!
He already was down. Now he's back up.
Yeah if there's one thing I think when I hear "HC", it's "WSK MF Berserker". Match made in heaven, 100% no risk.
Fabian said:
Yeah if there's one thing I think when I hear "HC", it's "WSK MF Berserker". Match made in heaven, 100% no risk.
lol yup :p
No way would I ever try it

That video made me so scared that I was frantically pushing both 1, 2, 3 and 4 the entire time watching it.
Challenge accepted! ...and also failed miserably. It should make you feel better, I suppose. :badteeth:

[YOUTUBE]yYMl600Q8w0[/YOUTUBE]

Just some important stuff in review: WSK 2 has those exploding guys that really ruin your day and/or bosspack per second. The flip side is you can get very good amount of bosses compared to amount of distance traveled. Keep in mind this is just my Baal runner's map, so it could most likely be significantly improved upon. (Also, I suck at this game/character, so a capable player could probably handle it.)

It's nice area with lots of potential, especially if you already plan on running Baal. If it takes maybe 50-60 seconds for more serious character (unless you consider Phoenix Strike assassin to be top tier character!) to kill perhaps 6-8 bosses along the way, and it would've taken that same character around 15 seconds to start up game, cast buffs, and teleport to throne (not counting clearing throne, which can spawn bosses as well!), that's quite a nice rate of bosspack per second (and excitement!) added to Baal run which normally drops crap.

That's two MFO in a row now that you changed my plan with your stupid videos. *shakes fist*
It goes without saying that your map is better by far. Off we go with rerolling and hoping that QB can pull it out.
Tnx for showing me what kind of map should I be after.

Also, phoenix striker isn't as stupid as you might think. WSK has all immunities in game, including magic immune and at least one monster from area has unbreakable immunities. Phoenix striker is tri elementalist and with CC skill she isn't THAT bad of a choice. more power to assassins :D

EDIT: Also, you guys are exaggerating, those runs weren't as dangerous. Well, at least to crap that is happening behind the scenes :badteeth:
Well decided that I want to make my zon 98 in the next months. If I manage to play her a bit in MFO it will help her a lot. Baaling with 97MF p1/p8/p3. I'm still going to beat Nagisa!
So I'm about to set up my trader profile, in case I decide to do this.

What does the last line mean about probation? Does that get changed by the mods when you're not on probation?

How do you link it here in that [1.13d SC FAM] format instead of the full link?

Sorry for stupid questions; I've just never known
[ url="url"]Text here [ /url ]
Remove the spaces and put the url in the "url" block.
Going for another low effort MFO, I guess.
scrcrw said:
Going for another low effort MFO, I guess.
same with me :)

ling to my trade profile I will repair later actually I forgot again how to do it :)
Going to baal with my summoner again, because of how close he came last MFO :) I also might end up adding myself to another category, if I can decide on another toon to play!
Thread is on second page. Up. :coffee:
bump

Adding myself to pindle for now. Hope there will be more players really. Come on, it's freaking MFO :(
[/QUOTE]
Ok frozzzen, game on!
I was definitely hoping to see more old-timers return for this, but we should keep in mind there's over three weeks left still, the thread went up very early. In the last week, I hope many more will be signed up.
I'm slightly considering playing this. Been watching the thread since it went up.
Fabian said:
I was definitely hoping to see more old-timers return for this, but we should keep in mind there's over three weeks left still, the thread went up very early. In the last week, I hope many more will be signed up.
That's what i'm hoping for. We need lots and lots moar people participating. Not the good players though, or i will never win. :p
Need more AT players :/
NorthDakota said:
Need more AT players :/
Agreed. I need some real competition. :p
kestegs said:
I'm slightly considering playing this. Been watching the thread since it went up.
I would love to beat your singer again.
FredOfErik said:
I would love to beat your singer again.
With what? Your ghost?
kestegs said: With what? Your ghost?[/quote said:
My singer is still going strong!

It was pharphis' singer that deeded.

FredOfErik said:
My singer is still going strong!

It was pharphis' singer that deeded.
Ah well, I'm always getting you guys confused then :p

This gives me extra incentive to sign up.
*kicks thread up*

Removing myself from Baal since nulio has it covered (/excuse). PD/JDK, y u no sign up for AT? :(
Yes! I may end up in top 3. :highfive: ;)
I'm signing up for baal, although I MIGHT switch to AT if I get my blizz sorc up there in time.
Excuse me is this hitting the second page? This is coming up guys. We need to get some more people up in here. Especially in that AT category. You old timers go git those other old timers to come and do this!
AT is so three years ago. :badteeth: I'm confused as to why it's even in its own category at this point.

More people will probably join once the holidays are over and they have their plans for the new year in order. It's still a really long way away, after all. :)
Indeed why.

AT and areas 85 have same scores so it only makes sense to merge those two categories. Reason why AT was separate was that no runes for high end RWs meant that only sorc can run any area 85 competitively*
Because of big difference in efficiency between AT blizzard sorc and every other area 85 runner they got separate category. But those days are long over and if anything, Pit should be separate category now (not really, but popularity/efficiency wise pit > all). So it only makes sense, just how we removed Meph, to merge AT and area85.

With small response in AT this seems just better idea overall, but it would depend on people that already signed in for AT this MFO.
frozzzen said:
Indeed why.

AT and areas 85 have same scores so it only makes sense to merge those two categories. Reason why AT was separate was that no runes for high end RWs meant that only sorc can run any area 85 competitively*
Because of big difference in efficiency between AT blizzard sorc and every other area 85 runner they got separate category. But those days are long over and if anything, Pit should be separate category now (not really, but popularity/efficiency wise pit > all). So it only makes sense, just how we removed Meph, to merge AT and area85.

With small response in AT this seems just better idea overall, but it would depend on people that already signed in for AT this MFO.
For me better solution is Pit+AT and Other 85 areas (run WSK and CS and other areas is much harder) :)
because AT is same efficient as pit and equal easy so you can not compare with that running different areas
only problem I see that all runners will run pit or AT and in other areas category will be few players
If we have 4+2 entrants, the groups will merge into one. I agree there's no very good reason to have the groups separate these days, like there was years ago when AT Sorcs were thought to be untouchable.

I think more people will sign up though. Again, this thread went up very early, people still have over two weeks to sign up. Hopefully some old-timers will see this in time though, I'm kinda bummed by the number of entrants.

Still, two weeks left!
Fabian said:
If we have 4+2 entrants, the groups will merge into one. I agree there's no very good reason to have the groups separate these days, like there was years ago when AT Sorcs were thought to be untouchable.

I think more people will sign up though. Again, this thread went up very early, people still have over two weeks to sign up. Hopefully some old-timers will see this in time though, I'm kinda bummed by the number of entrants.

Still, two weeks left!
When you said that, you merged into Mr.Burns! The hand movements and all.
Well guys, hi and welcome to the official two weeks (actually 13 days) notice bump!

I still hope more people will want to play. Nagisa, frozzzen and I (and some others) have been talking and preparing a lot for it, going to be a fun battle. Well, it would be if frozzzen wasn't too scared of us and was hiding away in the Pindle category, anyway.

I've been considering streaming my MFO on twitch, but I guess it's just not an interesting game to watch. I was hoping to put in a good effort this MFO though, and thought streaming might help with motivation. We'll see.

Regardless, you should sign up and participate, it's a shame to see our greatest SPF tradition reduced to ~15 entrants even if there still is two weeks to get ready. So, get ready!
That will teach you to be organized and put it up well in advance. Should have waited until everyone was under the turkey/alcohol influence. :p
Hey, who is scared? Is it me or is it actually you for not wanting me to do pindle? Afraid that I'd have better haulpic then you, eh? Obviously I can't do that as it is now, but for next MFO I'll stomp you in Pits :p I'm just letting you win this time, but haulpics are what matters in the end no? :)
Fabian said:
...Regardless, you will sign up and participate...
Fixed that for you.

What's twitch btw? If you decide to stream i may take a peek just cause i'm curious. Not too much though as i have to protect my own MFO interest (aka run till you drop).
After five months without diablo it's time for change. New year - new luck. ;)
Ancient Tunnels again, just like last MFO :cloud9:
Fabian said:
Well guys, hi and welcome to the official two weeks (actually 13 days) notice bump!

I still hope more people will want to play. Nagisa, frozzzen and I (and some others) have been talking and preparing a lot for it, going to be a fun battle. Well, it would be if frozzzen wasn't too scared of us and was hiding away in the Pindle category, anyway.

I've been considering streaming my MFO on twitch, but I guess it's just not an interesting game to watch. I was hoping to put in a good effort this MFO though, and thought streaming might help with motivation. We'll see.

Regardless, you should sign up and participate, it's a shame to see our greatest SPF tradition reduced to ~15 entrants even if there still is two weeks to get ready. So, get ready!
I hope this time I will be more competitive player then last years because that week I will be alone on evenings and I am taking some break from drinking because during last months I was totally drank like 3 time each week so I am looking for make a good score this time :)
On Thursday on our department christmas party I also did some recruits from alchemist team but sadly I do not think someone of them will play but at least I tried
frozzzen,

"Hey, who is scared?"

"I'm just letting you win this time"

PM me for trash talking lessons, you could use a lot of help. I won't charge much since we're buddies and all.

Cyrax,

twitch.tv is a popular site for streaming video games and stuff. I did a quick and dirty test of it last week, but it seemed to make the game lag a bit at times which made it kinda annoying. I'll try it again more seriously after the holidays to see if it's doable at all. Here's the test stream from last week though to see what it might look like: http://sv.twitch.tv/fabianspf/b/348251009

Edit: Apparently it will be deleted soon, so you might not see this. Oh well, I'll try again next week.

bassano,

Cool man :) Too bad about alchemists, but good job trying!
kestegs said:
Who are you kidding, you haven't played since D3 came out.

I'm still on the "maybe" side of this, it takes a considerable amount of time and I don't think I have it. Besides, I would need to get my sorc from Level 63 to 80ish before I can see myself seriously considering this. If I get there before it starts I'm probably in.
Pyrotechnician said:
Who are you kidding, you haven't played since D3 came out.

I'm still on the "maybe" side of this, it takes a considerable amount of time and I don't think I have it. Besides, I would need to get my sorc from Level 63 to 80ish before I can see myself seriously considering this. If I get there before it starts I'm probably in.
I actually fired up my Barb last week and did a run. The game feels totally foreign to me now, it's really weird.

I'm still considering it though.

Fabian said:
Edit: Apparently it will be deleted soon, so you might not see this. Oh well, I'll try again next week.
It's seem like i'm too late as i only see huge amounts of white screen. :( I'll have to catch the next one.

@stegs & pyro: Stop considering and sign up already!

Besides that we need more people, has anyone noticed how neatly the ones that did sign up are divided over all the categories?
That's because so many people are scared of Pindle+ so they signed up in other categories. :whistling:
AT for me this time!!
Woo for AT!!

Okay, who wants to make the obligatory team fail? I plan to win but I may as well start team fail.
This starts in a week. Get some teams together yo. Roll those maps, get those MF charms going, get serious with the trash talk (sup frozzzen). Also I kinda need supervisors, but since no one volunteered I'm thinking of skipping the mid-week reporting thing, which I'm not a big fan of anyway. If enough people protest, we'll do it anyway :)

Edit: Apparently there was a sneaky editing in an early post which I missed, so I guess I have a supervisor ;)

AT and Other Level 85 Areas are merging for this MFO, unless like 5+ people sign up in both categories in the last week. Those two categories are similar to the point where there isn't a meaningful distinction between them, and currently the amount of players supports three categories a lot better than four categories. Again, if we get a huge number of sign-ups, this might change back, but I'm not counting on it. I'll also listen to feedback obviously, but I'm guessing pretty much everyone thinks having eight competitors is better than having three.

[highlight]Q:[/highlight] Does this mean I can run half the time in the Pit with my Necro and half the time in AT with my blizzsorc if I want to?
[highlight]A:[/highlight] Sure does! This is now one single category, and just like you could divide your time between WSK and CS and Pit before, you can now add AT to the a85 level mix if you want to.
The irony is your only supervisor might actually pull out. :badteeth: Not sure I can put in the 8-10 hours a day I want because of start of university term and (more importantly) severe motivation issues.
8 to 10 hours a day! Yikes, that's real work :p

I usually put in like 4 hours a day :p

I guess I could supervise something if you need it! No point unless there are a few others, though.
Guess the thread went up too early, should have gotten you excited over the MFO a few weeks later so motivation wouldn't start to wane :)

Well I have faith. You might not do a billion hours, but half a billion hours is still a lot. You'll get the spark back on thursday evening, I'm not worried.
8-10 hours a day? As in: every day?! Am i glad you're not in my category. :nervous:

Personally i kinda like having an update like halfway the MFO. The 2 or 3 updates that often happen seem a bit overkill to me. Though that may be influenced by the category i'm running. In the high MF areas things may change faster.

If the need is there i could supervise.

@pharphis: If you're ok with it, i'd like to join the failteam.
Absolutely you can be part of team fail!
Finalized my Barb's equipment today (meaning I put on some new charms) and tried to go fast on my new map. After an hour I'm just under 60s per run (with an estimated ten billion boss packs per run <3), but I kinda doubt that pace is sustainable.

Just blew my luck with a gold Caduceus though, so grrr.
Good luck sustaining that time after X hours of playing. :nod:
Guys, very sorry but I face some hardware problems that I even get a BSOD while playing Diablo. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to fix it and I'll have to remove myself from this competition. :(
Come on peeps, who wants to join team fail? We need at least one more person (preferably in Pindle+ category), but there's a max of 5 so in a different category is fine too.
Ninja category switch
@Cyrax: I'm running on Pindle+, if I meet the standards of team fail. (People can fail like me, but I doubt someone can fail better :coffee:).

I plan to run on /p7 for XP, runes and giggles with my coldsorc. I have 401 MF due to DFathom and will abort on CI pindle. If you don't find someone better (with more MF on /P1), I'm avaliable.
That fine with me. If pharphis has no objections we got ourselves a team.
@Nulio, frozzzen: what about 3 member team called PvPers? I was not part of any MFO team for long time :)

@Scrcrw,Nagisa: sorry for not mentioning you, but you are in same category as me
Anything under 100 hours of run time is weak!
We're missing jimsfriend for the actually unbeatable team, but AOYUT is back! Cower in fear and all that.

If one of the Baal fellas wants to be an honorary member of As Of Yet Unnamed Team, feel free to add yourself.

What? Are you trying to have a MFO without me? Well, who's going to find all those failed Tyraels then, huh?

Don't know how much I end up running but let's try if the magic is still there :scratchchin:

I'm also available to supervise, but if I do, I will give at least one update mid-week since I like them.
I don't think I'll have a lot of time and will, as usually, be running with a horribly inefficient pit barb that will beat you all.
Just leveled my barb to 92 at pindles in anticipation for an MFO. Best finds were a +14/-19 griffons and an Ist.
It was all p7 runs, so it wasn't that many runs actually, didn't count.

I've also been picking up all two handed rares just for the possibility of getting that one in 40 trillion god ethereal rare weapon, but unsurprisingly it hasn't happened yet.

Btw I think Fabian and other micro optimizers will probably faint at my build "efficiency". Azure wrath sword with its cold damage shatters one in every four monsters including pindle.. And pride merc that guarantees shatter on one or two dudes he manages to hit ( though that doesn't affect pindle himself.. ).
Hey LD, your back! Welcome home. 👋

Added team Fail.
@bassano, thanks for the invite but I won't be participating after all.

Removing myself. Unfortunately I won't have much time to play D2 until mid February. At least not the time a MFO needs :(

Good luck everyone!
Sorry to see you pull out nulio... Need more Baalers!
nulio said:
@bassano, thanks for the invite but I won't be participating after all.

Removing myself. Unfortunately I won't have much time to play D2 until mid February. At least not the time a MFO needs :(

Good luck everyone!
That´s sad, I hope next time, you will have more time
I hope I will have enough motivation even without being with you in same team :)
kestegs said:
Ah well, I'm always getting you guys confused then :p

This gives me extra incentive to sign up.
About time to sign up my friend.
yeah, kegs.

Afraid of the 20k participants in alvl 85?
I am
We'll make him an offer he can't refuse. If he doesn't participate his postcount will be cut in half. :D
Ugh, I want to but I know I won't win because I rather run on p7 and level than do more runs. Can I sign up in spirit? lol.
Just do p7 and find some good items we can take, ok?

I like exp too, so in most cases I run on higher /p settings.
I would just feel bad coming in here and whooping up on y'all after being gone so long.
kestegs said:
I would just feel bad coming in here and whooping up on y'all after being gone so long.
Prove it, big talk from someone who doesn't play.
kestegs approaching frozzzen levels of trash talking in here, quite impressive!
Won't be impressive if he doesn't even participate.. Get moving old man.
24 hours *****es! (for me, anyway)

I think I'm aware of one or two people who were going to play but haven't signed up? Get on that!

I did 65s runs in the summer MFO, short (< 2 hours) tests of this new map and new character indicate 59.5s runs. I don't think I can keep it quite that low for an entire MFO, but we'll see. Still <3
Nice competition in lvl 85 area category.
23h 32 min to go here. I'm not very excited about all this, only trying to find something nice for myself will satisfy me.
I'm pumped for this. I'll probably start straight at midnight tomorrow. About 7:30 here right now.

Also, I am very pumped for huge competition. In the previous 2 MFOs (the only 2 I've been in) I was more or less just competing against frozzzen and kimpi iirc.
Yeah the 85 category is pretty stacked, even if the MFO as a whole is kinda modest.

I'll be starting at midnight too. Here's hoping I'll find Darkforce Spawn on run 3 like in the summer MFO lol.

Where do you people find this motivation? =.= Just thinking about the game makes me want to go do something else.

P.S. froz should move to a85. No team kittens!!!, so no reason to run that crap category. :p
Nagisa,

let me remind you:

"Hey, who is scared?"

"I'm just letting you win this time,"
I'm going on holiday in two days! :)
I'm sorry Fabian, a triphas come up quite unexpectedly and I can't say no, HAVE FUN!
MFO preparations are done. Did a whole lot of cleaning in the hous yesterday. Today got a haircut and did groceryshopping. Character is ready. Merc is as good as it gets (wanna change merc', but i don't wanna lose my map).

So i'm all ready to go. Now we wait till it's time.
Preparations are done here, too. I'll start finding Dwebs 11 hrs from now. #dweb_on_the_first_run

This afternoon I'll make sure going down to Earth to see some earthlings. Wondering how they're doing. Such a long time... After that, @MFO mode on.
Code:
Death Cleaver 
Berserker Axe 
One Hand Damage: 87 - 257 
Durability: 17 of 26 
Required Level: 70 
Required Strength: 138 
Required Dexterity: 59 
Fingerprint: 0x95d99f43 
Item Level: ** 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+40% Increased Attack Speed 
263% Enhanced Damage 
-33% Target Defense 
66% Deadly Strike 
+9 Life after each Kill

Test run.

You can all surrender now if you'd like.
Ha! You'll have to do better than that! :p

Didn't think I'd miss this, did y'all? Won't have the massive time I did last time, but lets see what we can do with a faster runner with alot (just for kestegs :p ) more MF!!

Signing up for both Baal and A85...

Question: What category would a Nilathak runner use? I have been entertaining the thought...
Good luck everybody, no breaking in and stealing people's computers, play fair.

May all your drops be gold and green! :loving:
WoRG, the same category as a Cowzon or a Travbarb or a Mephisto runner I'm afraid, which is to say none.

Do you want to jump on AOYUT for the Baal portion? It's the coolest team for what it's worth.
So far AOYUT with it's 2 players doesn't even qualify as a team. Just look at the rules you posted. :p
Sure, I'd be glad to join...so there you go, Cyrax, its a proper team now 👍

Shame about Nilly...it would have been something different, anyway...

WoRG
I thought nihl would be in pindle+?

Alright kegs, you're going to get a lot of praising or smack talk by the end of the game :p
Should be entertaining.
I expect it all will be smack talk, even after I beat y'all.
So much trash talk here! Good luck all!
kestegs said:
I expect it all will be smack talk, even after I beat y'all.
You're forgetting, AT and other areas are merged. :p
[21:41] <nagisa> you can win pit and pindle same time

ok
[highlight]Announcement[/highlight]

Here are the supervisors:

Baal: Nagisa ([email protected])
Pindle+: pharphis
Level 85 Areas: Cyrax

I don't have pharphis and Cyrax email addresses, so they will post them in this thread soonish. Email the supervisors with your top5 + scores 2-3 times during the week (the supervisors for each area will tell you when they plan on posting updates exactly, it's up to them). The supervisors will post the current standings, possibly with some commentary, but don't give away too much please :) MFO scores are supposed to be secret, after all.

Good luck to everyone!
Switching back again...
Signing to Baal also, it remains to be seen which one I'll get more runs into.. Half an hour to go, good luck everyone!
WoRG said:
Sure, I'd be glad to join...so there you go, Cyrax, its a proper team now 👍

Shame about Nilly...it would have been something different, anyway...

WoRG
Excellent. Otherwise when we beat you we'd be getting alot of crap about you only being a 2 person team and all.

There's enough people to form a couple more teams. Only problem would be getting a runner in the Baal category. Then again, having 2 people in the same does increase the odds there.

Oh my, looks like i'll be busy. If Fabian was doing Baals i'd think this was a strategy to keep me from winning. :p Anyhow, for lvl 85 area's the email is cyrax1301[at]gmail.com. Monday after work seems like a nice moment for a first update. So that'll be around 20.00 my time(GMT+1). The other update will be same time either thursday or friday. Will decide that later on.

I made team alone from players I wanted to, I hope nobody mind it but there was any intention from your side so I needed to do alone
I know that nagisa will not run at all but at least we will have medal from team competition :)
so gogo my slave-mates :)
also signed myself even to baal category, we need some competitive baal runner :p
Good luck everyone. May your drops be blue and yellow. I mean, gold and green.
I'm starting in 5 minutes, GL everyone.

@Fabian
You could make the random teams from people who are not in one ATM. Should be fun to as many teams as possible.
Oh, sweet.

My email is *redacted*

I expect updates every minute on the minute. Otherwise I'll ask Elly to delete your account.

I think Cyrax suggested first update ready for monday, and I'm cool with that time as well. Would be nice for those running multiple categories, anyway.
Feel free to send updates whenever you feel like it. I'll post standings periodically based upon how fast the updates come in.

Also, good luck to our team, I guess. :badteeth: (I suppose some runs must be done now...)
NagisaFurukawa said:
Feel free to send updates whenever you feel like it. I'll post standings periodically based upon how fast the updates come in.

Also, good luck to our team, I guess. :badteeth: (I suppose some runs must be done now...)
5 baal runs done
baal update just sent to you 👍
and also good luck to everyone

going to sleep now, that runs totally took all my energy
Couple hours of running done.

5 qualifiers so far - no really high scorers, but a couple of very nice and useful S/Us. No nonqualifiers worth mentioning.
I have to send updates to Pharphis??? :troll:

Ok, rewriting it:

Pharphis is my supervisor (Pindah+) but we're on the same team, is that ok?

Anyway, I'm running.
Whoa, there was a last minute frenzy of signups and category switches, nice! Good luck everyone :D

EDIT - And I think I broke my Baal... Roughly the same chance to drop as say a Stormlash >.<

Code:
Greyform
Quilted Armor
Defense: 28
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Strength: 12
Required Level: 7
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x34ae98e6
+10 to Dexterity
+20 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Fire Resist +20%
Cold Resist +20%
5% Life stolen per hit
Starting in 2 hours or so. I got back to the gym for the first time in ~2 months today, so we'll see how late I make it hahaha
Did around 120 pindle runs. Got no qualifiers ( except an LOH that I didn't pick up ), but scored this dainty.

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xf94542ab
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
findsgooditemonrun6.jpeg

Okay, not a fantastic item, but definitely something to keep me motivated already :)
And another meh item from run 9.
Slow down there, pharphis. :badteeth:

It's finally a bit past midnight, so I guess time to get started. *cringe*
NagisaFurukawa said:

It's finally a bit past midnight, so I guess time to get started. *cringe*
I can't slow down!

Actually, I'm going to bed. Did 130 runs and very happy with the super preliminary results. Often it takes a handful of days for me to find 5 qualifiers, but this time around, I have like 10.

Mal, too.
pharphis said:
Mal, too.
So that's where he's been hiding! :jig:
NagisaFurukawa said:
That is trash talk, he probably got some natalya armor or lightsabre :p
do not be nervous prom posts like that :D
It's been so long that I can hardly remember what bases are qualifiers anymore! :p

I did pick up 4 qualifiers this morning though.
kestegs said:
It's been so long that I can hardly remember what bases are qualifiers anymore! :p
Well.. all elite bases are qualifiers. That's it.
Though sometimes it can be hard to remember. I thought arbalest to be an elite item ( it isn't ).

Did about 300 runs and picked up my 5 qualifiers but they're all bad. This is an interesting non qualifier though..

Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Strength: 48
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x537f9cf2
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
Damage Reduced by 16%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)
Found a single grailer.

13 qualifiers now, still nothing impressive though. Best non-qualifier is a 1/18/14 SC.. So, not a ton of luck here.
I forgot to add myself yesterday, so I will start running. My goal is to run less than Nagisa. :p Although now that Froz and Nagi have a team, my motivation will be dramatically reduced.

I might just have to quit this friggin game. ~140 baal runs in, my mouse dies and I get surrounded by MoD's and die. 30 minutes later, I die to something stupid, but get my corpse back, and within 5 seconds get one shot again. I was about a quarter through 96, now I'm back at zero. Awesome. Guess I'll be doing another 6 hours of runs just to get back where I was.
zaphodbrx said:
Well.. all elite bases are qualifiers. That's it.
Though sometimes it can be hard to remember. I thought arbalest to be an elite item ( it isn't ).
Yea, they are hard to remember!

As you can see, I took a screenshot of this beauty, obviously thinking it was something nicer. Realized what it was as soon as I had it on the cursor though :p

Dazliare said:
I might just have to quit this friggin game. ~140 baal runs in, my mouse dies and I get surrounded by MoD's and die. 30 minutes later, I die to something stupid, but get my corpse back, and within 5 seconds get one shot again. I was about a quarter through 96, now I'm back at zero. Awesome. Guess I'll be doing another 6 hours of runs just to get back where I was.

Was your Esc key broken as well? /hides
qualifiers, qualifiers, qualifiers. . .

Umm, I believe I've read before that deleting your map file can help with load times. Is this true? And which ones do I delete?

Because it's a full 10 seconds before i'm back in Act 1 running for the wp (start in Act 2 because AT runs).

It's a 4-5 second load taking warriv to act 1. :/
kestegs said:
Yea, they are hard to remember!

As you can see, I took a screenshot of this beauty, obviously thinking it was something nicer. Realized what it was as soon as I had it on the cursor though :p

Was your Esc key broken as well? /hides
Who was it that thought a fathom was ginthers? Or was that whole thing a joke? It was from pindle. . .
Linky? :)
Yea, I forget who that was, think that pic won a spiffy a few years back though.

I don't know about your map file, but if you have a lot of screenshots that will slow you down a lot I think. I periodically just move them to a separate folder.
oh right!
I'll do that. i was planning to anyway since I like to separate MFO shots from others.
thanks!
*spits Dr Pepper everywhere (there's no period)*

I had 303 MB of screenshots. . .

1 GB total in a separate folder. holy moly
I'm on a serious roll over here, three grailers in like, 6 runs.

I've done around 7ish hours total now. Also got at least one "set unearthed wand", other two were magic also.
pharphis said:
*spits Dr Pepper everywhere (there's no period)*

I had 303 MB of screenshots. . .

1 GB total in a separate folder. holy moly
turns out this didn't help my act transfer time at all.

Does anyone know which files can be deleted safely w/o me losing my char data/items or actual map?

I have explored randomly quite a bit with this char, so there is a lot of stuff that can be removed.
As far as I know you can delete everything in your save folder except the d2s file without losing anything important. If you delete the map files, the minimap will be "blank" though until you re-explore your map again.
Fabian said:
As far as I know you can delete everything in your save folder except the d2s file without losing anything important. If you delete the map files, the minimap will be "blank" though until you re-explore your map again.
That did it. thanks a ton.
now my runs will be ~10% faster!

BTW I play windowed for those who may be curious.
First day of MFO is finally over. :p

10ekehz.jpg

@ jdkerr

We can make one team if you want. It's me, "Rombo" if you remember ;)
You don't plan to do that often; "it was a Friday thing", right? Otherwise, do you want me to look for anything in particular from pindle as a prize? :p

I mean, wow, 10 hours of pindle in one day. Congrats!

Also, just for schedule reasons, do you plan to send partial updates at sunday night? I'm planning to do it after saturday runs.
3 hours today. :badteeth: Hoping for 11 Saturday/Sunday to finish off promised 25 before university starts.

Nothing of note found, obviously.
Sup guys, I'm here for the complaining.

Give me a decent drop please.
I decided to reroll my 2 year old map. LOL.

Actually found some decent stuff while searching for a new one though. Think I may have found a decent replacement, but can't be sure yet.
Found a SUR with my skellymancer in the throne room!

Not sure what to do with it yet. Gets me pretty close to being able to make an Enigma, which would speed up run times massively, and also be useful for other toons. It does leave me with the runes to make Infinity too, but I think I might hold off just yet, hopefully have a little more rune luck before the MFO ends...
I'm probably around 7-8 hours in with 20 qualifiers. Still only one top 5 worthy item though, and it's not even that good.
What do you guys consider top 5? I got a Dragonscale tonight, which I've never had drop before. Its points aren't as good as I was hoping though :/ But hey, I've gotten ~7 new grailers today, so it's still worth it!
Ugh. First run of the day and probably the biggest NDE this char has experienced. 4,4k life was down to 200 instantly. Triple archer boss pack with might - didn't get to see other mods before I SE'd.

Dazliare said:
What do you guys consider top 5? I got a Dragonscale tonight, which I've never had drop before. Its points aren't as good as I was hoping though :/ But hey, I've gotten ~7 new grailers today, so it's still worth it!

Normally qualifiers are kept secret ;)

Hmm. I won the pre D3 MFO with a score of ~65 in lvl 85 category and that was a very low winning score. That should give you an idea of what is "top 5 worthy".

Yesterday i did a whole lot of runs and found a whole lot of nothing. At least the exp was (very) good. Hoping today's drops will be better.

Best non-qualifier was probably this:

Eagle Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xceaf776e
+18 to Dexterity
Damage Reduced by 4
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +44%
Cold Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
Ideally my top 5 should all be over 10 points, that's the breakpoint of a worthy item for me at least. You really need to have some items from the top 5 or so though if you want to have hopes of winning.
BaronScarpia said:
You don't plan to do that often; "it was a Friday thing", right? Otherwise, do you want me to look for anything in particular from pindle as a prize? :p

I mean, wow, 10 hours of pindle in one day. Congrats!

Also, just for schedule reasons, do you plan to send partial updates at sunday night? I'm planning to do it after saturday runs.[/qote]
My plan is to run as much as I can. Yesterday my goal was to get closer to 2.5k, but sometimes will is stronger than the body, hands in this case. :p
Not sure about last days of MFO, but this 2.X k might happen again, who knows. Pindle is so nice target, can't stop killing him. I'm testing is it possible to break Phase Blade killing him ^v^
As for prize, don't worry, items I'm looking for will make you a winner anyway ;)

I'll send results till sunday.
Bad luck seems to continue. Best finds are the non-qualifiers: near perfect ravenfrost (1 AR from perfect) and a 5/-4 facet.

To make matters worse the game is teasing me. First rare scourge drops. Then later in the same run rare corona drops. And when finally (still same run) something of a qualifying color drops it's a freakin' tancreds hobnails. :banghead:

Baal be warned, i'm not giving up!

Edit: Found 2 more facets. Close to a milestone now. 2 more facets to get to 100.
jdkerr said:
I forgot to add myself yesterday, so I will start running. My goal is to run less than Nagisa. :p Although now that Froz and Nagi have a team, my motivation will be dramatically reduced.[/qute]
If you were in table before, you could be in team with us and I was not be forced to sign up for baal category and waste 20 minutes of my valuable running time to find at least one qualifier from baal to be in table :p
so your fault, your fault :)
kestegs said:
Ideally my top 5 should all be over 10 points, that's the breakpoint of a worthy item for me at least. You really need to have some items from the top 5 or so though if you want to have hopes of winning.
Yup, this is about how I feel.
Shame I'm not playing, I've had Darkforce Spawn and IK Armour today :loving:

It's good to see nobody has dropped out yet :nod:
Still nothing interesting in terms of qualifiers. I found an Ohm though.
pharphis said:
Yup, this is about how I feel.
You should probably play less dungeon defenders then.

Drops were dismal this morning. I also decided to roll another new map. If drops don't get better soon I'll probably quit out off boredom soon.
kestegs said:
You should probably play less dungeon defenders then.

Drops were dismal this morning. I also decided to roll another new map. If drops don't get better soon I'll probably quit out off boredom soon.
I've already won.

jk
double post.

Had a bit of a close call in AT. I should be a little more fearful of Fanat.

then later saw BA, Might AND fanat in the same room full of of invaders. It's been a LONG time since I've seen that happen.
pharphis said:
double post.

Had a bit of a close call in AT. I should be a little more fearful of Fanat.

then later saw BA, Might AND fanat in the same room full of of invaders. It's been a LONG time since I've seen that happen.
You're a caster, why don't you just stay away from dangerous mobs? :p

I've now leveled 3/5th from 92 to 93 in P1 pits since the start of MFO (no run counter here). Last long streak has been really boring. A couple of semi nice non-qualifiers including a carrion wind, a chilling GC with FRW and a toxic SC of vita (weren't you looking for those at some point phar?), but that is all. Highest rune so far is a Io.
Day 2 of MFO finished for me. Last 200 runs were... harder than all those before. :funnyabove:

9u6i5e.jpg
FredOfErik said:
You're a caster, why don't you just stay away from dangerous mobs? :p

I've now leveled 3/5th from 92 to 93 in P1 pits since the start of MFO (no run counter here). Last long streak has been really boring. A couple of semi nice non-qualifiers including a carrion wind, a chilling GC with FRW and a toxic SC of vita (weren't you looking for those at some point phar?), but that is all. Highest rune so far is a Io.
Because I'm bad at this game :p

I'm somewhat interested in toxic SCs for my furysin. Shocking ones, too.
@Gripphon: Changing my avatar to a Metapod pic in 10, 9...

@kestegs and everyone else that plays D3: I'm having more fun after a season of D3 MF runs. Pindle drops, that used to be bad, are so, so good now. Do you have the same feeling?

I plan to do more runs today, but I'll take a little break before my arm breaks down...
Almost 20% there (in an hour). My efficiency is already tanking big time, both my arms are hurting. Motivation is kinda hurting, but could be worse. 80% to go. Ugh.
Baron: The fact that I don't intend to play again for a long time makes it tough to be motivated. There is no real reward for me but the fun of participation and hopefully beating all y'all. It's a nice break from D3 though.
I have no luck for nice qualifiers for now, some decent drops yes, but not even one I can count it as final one
a place of finding nice qualifiers, I am droping useless crap like that http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/screenshot103uk.jpg/
I hope that my mate nagisa had more luck then me :)
@bassano Congrats, man! Can't say I feel your pain. :crazyeyes:

@kestegs: I was talking about how I used to feel doing pindle runs, cursing lots of blues and rares. Not it feels like a sea of sets/uniques. Another cool fact is that, while I'm doing MF runs, D3 is "playing itself" thanks to AH. Sometimes I think I earn more gold there while I'm not actually there buying tons of 100k gear for alternates... :whistling:
Nice zod!

It is nice to see so many S/U's but the fact that they are all crap doesn't make me any happier :p

What's that Gripphon? Only ~7 hrs today. You're slacking. :p

Today was pretty much equally sucky as yesterday. Which is an achievement in itself (unfortunately not one that'll win any MFO's). Until close to the end it was even worse, but luckily at the end i did manage to improve my less then impressive top 5 by a small margin. At that point i was already happy if a qualifier dropped.

He can't drop that bad 3 days in a row can he? If he does it again tomorrow, i'll break every demonic bone in his body a thousandfold just for my amusement.

On the upside, doing this many runs a day makes getting to 99 look easy.
Haha :p
What can I say, I'm only human :party:

No, really, I saw some dudes from previous MFO-s with 100+ hours of playing total. Well, congratz, but my hands would fall off with that much playing. Who cares anyway, 1:55k to get that Web.
Nice find there, bass.

No luck here either... nor with frozzzen. :badteeth: Not even runes are dropping (best is... Hel?).
I'm finding runes, nothing useful or Bassano-like, but I got a pul, a couple Hels and Lums, etc. Almost 1 rune per 10 runs, which is a lot for me.

Right now, some slender feelings (sad as may sound, I'm serious). "Who is this guy behing me?" "Oh, okay, it's merc." #TooManyRunsCanKillU
For those who find nice runes, you should totally send them to my mail.
nulio said:
For those who find nice runes, you should totally send them to my mail.
I think I've found about 3 thul so far. Would you be interested?
Thuls are bad. Cube an Amn. Amn rocks!

Level up facets: a bell that rings when you level up, to wake you up from your MFO zombie trance.
Rals and Orts rock! Ber+ also!

Thank you, thank you very muuch!
Please, folks, refrain from using the B.. word. By the way, I want a B.. rune to make enigma and/or an Ohm/Lo to do whatever. Maybe Grief PB or an Fortitude.

Also, I got a 495 def, 4os AP :thanks:and a 51 All Res Kira's Guardian :grrr:.
What the hell is wrong with you people, talking about runes in an MFO thread? Take that to the IFT or something!!

I haven't seen an Unearthed Wand since 6-7 am on Friday. With the amount of playing I've put in, that's, like, extremely extremely atypical. The next one damn well better be Unique.
i've found so many unique unearthed wands. Yeesh
I see scourges, unearthed wands and hydra bows on a reguler basis. Normally, before seeing a green ring, gold breast plate or something else.

All in all, if you consider waking hours as a day, I did pindle runs for over 7hr today. Understanders will understand. (And my head hurts.)

edit: Go team!
Cereberus's bite. . .
from the chest -_-
I've found around 1 million rare bloodlord skulls.
FredOfErik said:
I've found around 1 million rare bloodlord skulls.
I found a gold one yesterday... *hopes Freddykins is annoyed*
Sent Pharphis an update.

I plan to do 500 extra runs today, so maybe I'll sent another update tomorrow morning/tonight. I just sent one right now, in case I forget to do so.
Update sent to cyrax, average score for me :) nothing bad but nothing interesting
bassano said:
Update sent to cyrax, average score for me :) nothing bad but nothing interesting
I can't remember what category you're in, but please get a good score so that Smellystegs doesn't win :loving:
Major thunderstorm here, a couple trees are gone. Not only we had 2 power failures but my windows kinda didn't liked it. I won't be running anymore this weekend.
To the lvl 85 area runners: First update will be in approx 24 hrs from this post. So if you want to know where you stand, send in an update before then.

@Kitteh: For the moment he's in the lead as i only got his update so far. :yes:

@Baron: Yikes, that doesn't sound to good. Hope your house stays in one piece.

Update sent to cyrax.

37 qualifiers here and a top 5 that is meh, but acceptable if I find a Tyrael's one of the next couple of days ;)
I got Baron's update,and I'll post when most or all people have sent in their updates by tomorrow night. I'll be out probably all day tomorrow.
I can tell today is going to be a really tough day. My left elbow (of all places) is hurting like crazy, not a good sign to have that happen already. I've MacGyvered myself a contraption which will hopefully help (it's a pillow on my armrest), but it's also kinda uncomfortable and bleh.

Not feeling good.
Fabian said:
I can tell today is going to be a really tough day. My left elbow (of all places) is hurting like crazy, not a good sign to have that happen already. I've MacGyvered myself a contraption which will hopefully help (it's a pillow on my armrest), but it's also kinda uncomfortable and bleh.

Not feeling good.
What is your goal per day? Sounds rough.
pharphis said:
What is your goal per day? Sounds rough.
Tyrael's knowing his flippin' luck!
MFO day 3 finished.

14cs56w.jpg

@ Fabian
Sounds like you are forcing yourself beyond your limits. Slow down, you wont get that Tyrael anyway. :badteeth:
Who cares about Tyrael's, give me any decent drop please :(
Fabian said:
Who cares about Tyrael's, give me any decent drop please :(
I'm guessing he means top 5 on score sheet. I haven't found one either, but I still haven't put in the 4 hours I planned to do today. Maybe!
What is it with you people and your insane definition of decent? :badteeth: Anything over 9 is great!
NagisaFurukawa said:
What is it with you people and your insane definition of decent? :badteeth: Anything over 9 is great!
Same feelings here, I am probably too old to run more then 5 hours/day, today I did my best, My running times are quite good but I do not think I will have time for more then 20 hours of running for this MFO, I need some luck to be among first players in score

@fabian: If you did not run before MFO, you did not wasted your very nice drop like asteron is, I hope for you that it was not last drop like that for you because I did not dropped unique class specific weapon for more then 2,5 years and during that I did about 8k pits, 2k AT runs and 1k WSK runs, I am quite sad for that, maybe I will be forced to change from pit AT runs after monday because on my AT map I just dropped about 7-8 items like that
so good luck
Finally found a map I'm pretty happy with.

I've seen a total of 0 unearthed wands of any quality, and only 1 sacred armor. That's sad.
AT was always better for drops for me as well. Not sure what it is.

Recorded a few runs just so everyone can see how pitiful I am at "playing".

[YOUTUBE]CCbBNdIML3M[/YOUTUBE]

It's pretty clear I've only had ~ 3-4 days of barbarian/melee playing experience in the last few years. :badteeth:
NagisaFurukawa said:
Recorded a few runs
Thanks for sharing this. I'd never seen a berserk barb in action before. It was inspiring. Shame about that Sigon's belt you left on the ground. =)
kestegs said:
Finally found a map I'm pretty happy with.

I've seen a total of 0 unearthed wands of any quality, and only 1 sacred armor. That's sad.
I see tons of unearthed wands and archon staves. I suppose a handful come from mobs, though, since FoH obliterates everything.
I'm considering dropping 7 mf and some res for another plain skiller to kill just slightly faster, as well as more random mobs.
Cyrax is in the lead for Baal, courtesy of being the only one to send an update. :badteeth: I will post current standings ~ 25-30 hours from now, depending when I get back from university.
Nagisa - We'll see ;) I slept a good chunk of today due to being sick, but I'm ~400 runs in with some decent drops :D
@ Nagisa
You call that "pitiful"? I'm interested to see what is not pitiful Berserk Pit running then View attachment 3966
@Nagisa: Nice vid. You pilot a zerker very well! My zerkers kinda die. Every run. :badteeth:

@Cyrax: House seems to be whole and one. "Seems to"... The whole mess happened on streets, with friends posting on instagram, twitter, etc.

After an hour or so thinking about displaying a blue screen of death or not, my win7 fixed itself. I managed to backup, anyway, so I can pick up on my laptop tomorrow, if Win 7 doesn't start again.

@everyone else: Out of curiosity, how many runs are you doing per day? (Gripphon vote doesn't count, of course).

I set a minimum of 500 runs/day, which means 3 hours and some change (150 runs/hour). If I have spare time, I do extra runs, but I never managed to do well over 1k runs (for some reason, I don't sleep well and my arms fall apart and start contorting in the gorund, like the legs of a dead bug; jeopardizing my next day, both in RL and D2). I would say a good day equals to 750 runs.
Just found an item that will likely be in my top 5 on run 800 :)
the goal is to hit 400 more runs today. . .
@ Baron
You play with cold sorc, right? Don't know, she is very straightforward and easy to play for me. Cast battle orders, blink blink blink, blizzard, spike, spike, splash, s/e. Not skill intensive. Try zerk barb instead. Cast battle orders, blink blink blink, howl, howl again if minions interrupted you, switch to berserk weapon, look carefully and find pindle fast in crowd and kill him, drink potions if he or minions damage you badly (and they will sometimes), switch to hork and hork him, watch and take possible Full Rejuv if needed, s/e. Ofc you can die easily, those lightning sparks from pindle can drop your hp in second, mana burn is annoying sometimes, holy freeze is wtf-snail-zerk-mode-barb. After you try zerk barb, you should do 1k with sorc no problem at all, no hands hurting.
But all that is well rewarding, you are fast like rocket and have 54 or 55% hork with tons of MF. Perhaps you are not used to intensive playing, dunno, but you might try it if you didn't.

For my opinion, 4+ hours of playing are ok for MFO. That is really nothing special, 2 hours at morning, 2 at evening. If you have time and not busy all day, then ofc you wont have 4 hours to play some silly game. 4 hours are 860 runs for me, so that is my minimum of minimum I would do if not busy all day. Average run time does matter obviously. Let's say 30 sec is max someone want to have running Pindle. 4 hours a day makes it 480 runs. Let's lower that a little and say 400 is minimum number of runs I consider ok for MFO day. Below that is like "okay, you tried". 4k runs after MFO is minimum to look at if one hopes to get anything decent. Special note to barbarians, 4k barb runs are like 6100-6200 non barb runs, sorc for example.
Good day to me is 5+ hours, but solid average time. Let's say that makes 800 runs a day for good number to hit 8k at end. So, 8k+ is good.

NagisaFurukawa said:

It's pretty clear I've only had ~ 3-4 days of barbarian/melee playing experience in the last few years. :badteeth:
Yeah, but your running time are about 25% faster then mine, and ont only for reason because due to my computer it takes me 18 sec to go to pit a place of your 10 :)
I am using ww a place of berseker, It is my training for PvP :p
AT has always dropped better for me too, but I enjoy Pits more for some reason.
finally hit 95 on my FoHer!

1k during MFO and 1k beforehand = 2k runs from 94 to 95. I suppose it'll be another 4k to 96, and then I'll start considering CS for 99. . .

It's crazy how grouped together some of the good drops are, whereas in the last 2 or 3 hours I haven't found much of anything and it's a bit of a haze.
Going to bed soon, update sent.

Really struggling right now. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.
Fabian said:
Going to bed soon, update sent.

Really struggling right now. Hopefully it's better tomorrow.
That heat spray stuff worked for me :nod:
Update sent!

Trying a slightly different strategy this morning, working pretty well and I may need a slight respec to be a bit better.
@Gripphon - I think I don't have gear for a zerker right now (I need 1 ohm and 1 ber, I think). I tried it, once, before restarting. And I died. The only barbarian I can play in a semi-decent way is WW Barb (trav runs). I honestly consider gearing a barb due to horking. My runs are taking 26s in /p7, since I wanted to level up my sorc. And find a ber :whistling:.

I did a few hundred runs in /p7 after hitting lvl 94 and I'm seriously considering drop it to /p1 (20s runs). It seems I won't level up with 4k-5k more runs and I can use occy instead of DFathom for extra MF. I'll start in a couple hours, if nature allows me to.

One of the good things of cold sorc is that you kinda don't need to pay 100% attention in what you're doing. You can run watching videos or livestreams, when sure you're inside the hut and you're not shoting the pillar.

@Pharphis: I have the same feeling. Usually my semi-decent drops happen in a space of 1k runs, then I have 2k runs of absolutely nothing. I use to erase the score txt to make it start on the lowest item I have. As the week goes, the list of wanted stuff gets shorter and it starts to become painful...
Exactly, Sorc is more for relaxed running with no worries. Pindle is excellent leveling target, yes.
I really recommend Zerker for farming items, make that Enigma and Grief PB and go kill either Pindle or Pit. Zerker needs practice, it took me more than 1k runs to get used to him after playing with ww barb all the time before. Even now I'm improving my gameplay with zerker, my average is lowering all the time. I actually planned to run with 17.5 sec average what was after 500 MFO runs, but now I'm more than a second faster. Never thought it would be like that. There is much room for improvement and much time needed for that.
I die too with zerker, 5-6 times by now, so basically I die every 1k runs. Who cares, get corpse and continue.

I wonder where are other guys form Pindle category, only 2 of us actually write here, all others probably run like mad and don't have time to comment. View attachment 3971
We would write if there would be anything to write about. I have 5000 runs (zerker, 54% hork 750 MF, 15.672 runtimes) behind myself and not a single decent item. Items I got are actually ok (non qualifiers), but not high scorers (two digit numbers+).

Other than that I did get 4 Ist runes (6 Ist PB paying off itself) and Jah couple minutes ago so that does give some small boost in motivation, but darn game just doesn't want me to get any single decent qualifier.

I won't be sending any updates cause my score it atrocious, especially for 5k runs. It's safe to assume I'm last.
What player settings are you running Pindle on? I'm tempted to try it...
Fabian said:

Not feeling good.
That's not MacGyvering unless you taped the pillow to the armrest. A real MacGyver uses duct tape!

Yesterday i was almost glad i could go to work today. So much things hurting from running. Now i got some rest at work so i'm good to go for the evening. :)

NagisaFurukawa said:

My god! I hope you don't run with that music on the background. If i were you i'd go nuts.

SunsetVista said:
Thanks for sharing this. I'd never seen a berserk barb in action before. It was inspiring. Shame about that Sigon's belt you left on the ground. =)

You never saw one before?! You should check the video thread. Fabian has made some and i did one with mine too. I think runs of both barbs can be found in that thread.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Cyrax is in the lead for Baal, courtesy of being the only one to send an update. :badteeth: I will post current standings ~ 25-30 hours from now, depending when I get back from university.

:alright:

BaronScarpia said:
@everyone else: Out of curiosity, how many runs are you doing per day? (Gripphon vote doesn't count, of course).

I set a minimum of 500 runs/day, which means 3 hours and some change (150 runs/hour). If I have spare time, I do extra runs, but I never managed to do well over 1k runs (for some reason, I don't sleep well and my arms fall apart and start contorting in the gorund, like the legs of a dead bug; jeopardizing my next day, both in RL and D2). I would say a good day equals to 750 runs.

That really depends on what target you run. If you run Pindle only as much as i run Baal you're doing something wrong. :badteeth:
Kitteh said:
What player settings are you running Pindle on? I'm tempted to try it...
Since you're hopefully only killing pindle there's no reason to go past p1.
kestegs said:
Since you're hopefully only killing pindle there's no reason to go past p1.
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if Pindle's no drop was like Mephisto and co?
Kitteh said:
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure if Pindle's no drop was like Mephisto and co?
all champs, uniques and super uniques are unaffected by /p settings with regards to drops afaik.
Preliminary results from the lvl 85 areas are in. Got updates from about half the population. Results so far are pretty impressive across the board considering there's been only 3 days of running. That even goes for the lower ranked players.
Having said that, some results are more impressive then others, so i've been able to make up a ranking:

1) zgpmf
2) Fabian
3) pharphis
4) kestegs
5) NagisaFurukawa
6) bassano
7) FredOfErik

Right now it's especially tight in the midsection of the table (places 3 - 5). Every single point counts there. But even the players at the bottom need not worry too much yet. One or two good finds could turn this table completely around.

Looking at the scores i'm glad i'm in a different category. Keep up the good work everyone. 👍

Note: If i get updates from the other players within the next few hrs i'll edit them in.
Lol, FoE is in last.
I have one question. Why are only top 5 items considered for score, is it more like tradition or is there certain reason why? That way after some time you have no reason to pick up rare and useless items that can't add to your score (okay, they are "rare" so that might be a reason to pick it up :p)
It's just the tradition. And I guess it's easier to deal with.

Scoring all qualifiers would thin out a bit the lucky drops tho...
Cyrax said:
Preliminary results from the lvl 85 areas are in. Got updates from about half the population. Results so far are pretty impressive across the board considering there's been only 3 days of running. That even goes for the lower ranked players.
Having said that, some results are more impressive then others, so i've been able to make up a ranking:

1) zgpmf
2) Fabian
3) pharphis
4) kestegs
5) NagisaFurukawa
6) bassano
7) FredOfErik

Right now it's especially tight in the midsection of the table (places 3 - 5). Every single point counts there. But even the players at the bottom need not worry too much yet. One or two good finds could turn this table completely around.

Looking at the scores i'm glad i'm in a different category. Keep up the good work everyone. 👍

Note: If i get updates from the other players within the next few hrs i'll edit them in.
I totally called 3rd! Okay, not bad for now. My goal is to be top 3 by the end, but I know things are all dependent on those 14+ items dropping for us ranked 3-5 :p

I will post pindle update tonight. Busy school day
4 unique rings in total. 3 of them carrion wind and 1 manald. That's about the most interesting I have to tell so far :coffee:

Edit:
Wow! I know my score wasn't impressive and that I wouldn't be near top 3, but didn't expect to be last - my score isn't that bad for three days and I have spent way more time than I expected (that being said, I expect I'm only about 1/3-1/4 as effective as something like Fabian's barb). I have a feeling that all you guys complaining are full of BS :p

No high runes!
What is this?

Last time I ran I got sooo many in soooo many less runs. Here's hoping for a ber+ and an Astreon's simply because it's a grailer. I'm tired of Mangs and DWebs (in general)
FredOfErik said:
4 unique rings in total. 3 of them carrion wind and 1 manald. That's about the most interesting I have to tell so far :coffee:

Edit:
Wow! I know my score wasn't impressive and that I wouldn't be near top 3, but didn't expect to be last - my score isn't that bad for three days and I have spent way more time than I expected (that being said, I expect I'm only about 1/3-1/4 as effective as something like Fabian's barb). I have a feeling that all you guys complaining are full of BS :p
Better step it up Mr. Champion.

Edit: Also, gieb carrion XD.
What the heck did you people find?
*posts readouts*
:p

I haven't found anything crazy, I swear.
I did just find a moser's to replace my deeded one. . .
19 item to go for grail!
I can testify that pharphis indeed called 3rd place. Since we're on the same team i hope he calls first place on the final update. :)

@FoE: You're update was one of the first and when i saw it i thought it to be pretty decent for 3 days of running. Other updates proved otherwise. Still, about 6 people haven't send an update, so maybe they're all behind you. ;)
Not much to report here. Hope for more till the next update.
NagisaFurukawa said:

the barb running is actually quite fine, but...That's some really bad music you're running...
[15:05] <frozzzen> lol at guys flaming your music nagi
[15:05] <frozzzen> I'm 100% with them btw
[15:14] <Fabian_> a bit late to the discussion, but a Nagisa d2 video without atrocious music wouldn't be a Nagisa d2 video

You people suck. :badteeth:
NagisaFurukawa said:
[15:05] <frozzzen> lol at guys flaming your music nagi
[15:05] <frozzzen> I'm 100% with them btw
[15:14] <Fabian_> a bit late to the discussion, but a Nagisa d2 video without atrocious music wouldn't be a Nagisa d2 video

You people suck.
Haru da Mono...I googled it - wtf?
I don't know how you guys do this lol. I just finished my 300th baal run and I'm really hurting on motivation...
ioupainmax said:
Haru da Mono...I googled it - wtf?
Bad music is bad music, what else to say :whistling:
Haven't been able to run much in that's couple of days due to R/L issues, but hope to put in a lot of hours once I get home... Will also send an update through soon :)
I hope I didn't miss an email. froz, you're probably not in last so send an update so we can see! 3 and 4 are very close.

Of those who sent updates

1. gripphon
2. scrcrw
3. liquid clear
4. baronscarpia

?. frozzzen

Some impressive finds and some not so impressive finds so far :p

I'm falling asleep trying to run today.
If I recall, froz said his score was so crap he wouldn't send in an update.

Speaking of which, that seems to be the idea for the Baal runners. Cyrax is #1 by default.
NagisaFurukawa said:
If I recall, froz said his score was so crap he wouldn't send in an update.

Speaking of which, that seems to be the idea for the Baal runners. Cyrax is #1 by default.
I remember him saying so, but we had 2 people unhappy with their score in my list other than him :p
1 and 2 are way ahead of 3 and 4.

Not bad Cyrax! Looks like you can win it for our team ;)
I'm looking forward to Meet The Olympians thread, you better all be using interesting builds!
Today I ran (slightly) more than on previous days and had (non-slightly) worse drops.

Kill. Me. Now.
Your elbow hurts, now ur playing even more. How much do you play, 10+ hours a day, now maybe 12-15? View attachment 3972
Yup sure, slightly more means going from 10 hours to 15 hours ;)

However, the elbow is pretty much fine since adopting the old pillow-on-armrest technique. I'm sure I look like an idiot, but there we are.
@ Fabian
10+ can also mean you play like 14 hr a day so 15 is good value for "slightly" more :p

Anyway, interesting solution there. Who cares how you look like, I only hope that pillow is not pink. View attachment 3973
And yes:

291eu4k.jpg

My computer chair is constantly covered by my quilt, if that makes you feel less stupid :scratchhead:
Dazliare said:
I don't know how you guys do this lol. I just finished my 300th baal run and I'm really hurting on motivation...
Out of curiosity: What p-setting are you running? And how much MF?

pharphis said:
Not bad Cyrax! Looks like you can win it for our team

As long as no one else sends updates i can win. :badteeth:

Truth be told, i've had some crappy days. Friday, saterday and monday all completely sucked. Only sunday i had some normal drops. Instantly resulting in an almost fully new top 5 (only my previous #1 stayed in at 5th place). Which was really ironic, cause from the first 3 days that was the day i did the least runs.

It's not by lack of runs, cause now i'm almost at the number i did for the entire previous MFO (i think i'll reach that today). Drops so far are just way more unlucky than last time.

Anyway, i'll just keep harrassing Baal. He'll have to couch up the goods some time. I still want that Tyrael's and that golden caduceus. And i intend to get it. Even if i need to make another 20 99-ers to get it. :D

Kitteh said:
I'm looking forward to Meet The Olympians thread, you better all be using interesting builds!

Could you define interesting?

Fabian said:
Yup sure, slightly more means going from 10 hours to 15 hours ;)

However, the elbow is pretty much fine since adopting the old pillow-on-armrest technique. I'm sure I look like an idiot, but there we are.

How you look should not be a consideration when running in an MFO. Only how much runs you can do. If that means looking like an idiot, that's just the way it is. (not that anyone could tell the difference in my case ;))

Oh yeah, just a heads up. I'll be doing the second update for lvl 85 araeas on friday. Gives a nice overview of the changes during the workweek and gives people a chance to go nuts on the weekend in order to either get first place or stay there.
Interesting as in non-cookie cutter :nod:
My runner doesn't cut cookies!

I've been running less and less. Barely doing 4 hrs a day. I blame school
I don't think there'll be much besides the characters that cut the cookies.
I haven't seen any cookies, and I'm pretty hungry!

It doesn't look like I'll be able to keep up with my goal of 400 runs per day. I'm already behind a few hundred runs, and haven't even started today.

It's also hard to stay motivated when you know you need really lucky drops from here on out.
"Baron Walks Pindle" Daily News

Go Cyrax! Go Pharphis! Sometimes I consider stop running and just do the cheer-thing. Awesome drops yesterday! Homunculus, Arreat's Face and Snowclash. No, I'm not running NM meph.

Tin_foil_mode: My bad drops were way better at p7. W-a-y--b-e-t-t-e-r. For starters, they were. Now I drop something once in a while, but usually it's meh. I'm really considering switching back to p7, even running slower.

Good News for the team: I'm doing 19s runs (25s CI). Not great but ok, imo. Also, I have almost 500 MF with Occy and I'm getting lots of unique Breast Plates.

I discovered that I can run more before start b run better listening to fun podcasts or something else instead of music, which translates into lesswhinning breaks.

I'm doing everything in my power to run better and faster (ignoring rare diadems, rings, etc.), but it seems someone up there hates my guts I'm having bad luck. Today the s¬%$strom settled things are running better and I'll try to put as many runs I can.​
pharphis said:
It's also hard to stay motivated when you know you need really lucky drops from here on out.
That's why i like Baals. It gives the secondary (or rather primary) goal of getting xp. Doing enough runs that is a guaranteed thing (provided you don't die).

I think i got ~30M since the start of the MFO. Which is huge at lvl 98. When considering just the last lvl, this may become my fastest 99-er. Before light sorc and hammerdin even.

@Baron: You forgot Go BaronScarpia!
Does a singer with harmony as fastest form of transportation count as cookie cutter? :badteeth:

No runs today. Had an exam yesterday and school started today. Hopefully I'll be able to put in som effort later on this week.
This is making me want to run Pindle. Huh?
Cyrax said:
That's why i like Baals. It gives the secondary (or rather primary) goal of getting xp. Doing enough runs that is a guaranteed thing (provided you don't die).

I think i got ~30M since the start of the MFO. Which is huge at lvl 98. When considering just the last lvl, this may become my fastest 99-er. Before light sorc and hammerdin even.

@Baron: You forgot Go BaronScarpia!
That's half of my goal, too!
Hit 95 the other day and plan to go to 96 or 97 before changing to CS. 99 and Grail are my goals. . . In all likelihood, gold caddy and tyrael's will be my last 2 items to find, as well, since I've found the other 2 big ones.
Found 3 or 4 of both Dweb and Mang's. Also like 6 or 7 green caduceus'. Still no golden one. :(

Sacred armor count is less depressing. More greens then i can count (guessing 15 or more), but only a handful of golden ones. One of which was from Pindle, so that could never be Tyraels.

Maybe next time i should go for lvl 85 areas too. Enough people find high end items there.
I can't bring myself to run pindle because I can't accept not being able to find a Tyrael's :p

Running cows for the 3 piece set is going to kill me
@ Pharphis

Haha. I ran cows occasionally, with no MF, found 2 piece of that set. Traded them right away, cause that were hat and body, not boots.
pharphis said:
I can't bring myself to run pindle because I can't accept not being able to find a Tyrael's :p
This, exactly this. :p
Cow set is pretty easy to find. Shouldn't take you long.

No Tyrael's is indeed the reason i don't Pindle. Though it has occurred to me that he might become an interesting target in case i find Tyrael's before Astreon's.
Cyrax said:
Cow set is pretty easy to find. Shouldn't take you long.

No Tyrael's is indeed the reason i don't Pindle. Though it has occurred to me that he might become an interesting target in case i find Tyrael's before Astreon's.
I'm pretty sure that's what DC did. . . I would consider the same.

I'm running AT! Wooooooo
Pindle is so boring though. :badteeth: It's also not any faster than Pit (or AT).
NagisaFurukawa said:
Pindle is so boring though. :badteeth: It's also not any faster than Pit (or AT).
I could run him using Pindleskin the charger? (immediate deeds)
I've had some items drop today. Nothing earth shattering, but I've still improved my top 5 which is nice. Somehow this doesn't help with motivation as far as playing more goes, if anything it's worse. I'm weird I guess, still plugging along though.

Does anyone know what the highest number of high scoring qualifiers (9.3+) found during an MFO is?

What's the most you've found? I have 31 in an old screenie, but not sure if that was all of them.

425 consecutive runs done without a single TC87 of any kind. I think I'm done with MFO.
That's rough Nagisa. I did 10½ hours without a TC87 or other high scorer in the summer MFO, but that was following a truly sick streak. If it helps, I found a Tyrael's right after, so hang in there.

The imageshack link of my 2011 haul pic is dead unfortunately (no one happend to save it, right?), but I think that pic had 34 items, three of which were ineligible (dunno why I put green Coronas in there), so I guess that's 31 too.
Tyrael's? I just hope for something over 10.7. Anything. :badteeth:

Is this the picture you wanted? Here is mine, for comparison. I'm not sure whether I found any of the 10.4 class specifics, but they weren't included.
31-3 apparently, not 34-3. Nice high scoring items! I now wonder even more why frozzzen calls it doing a Nagisa when running a lot and not finding anything :)

While you're at it, can you also find my secondary haul pic from that MFO? I thought those links were dead, guess I'm an idiot.
It's in the MFO thread still. :badteeth:

What he means is finding nothing over 10.7 (or even 9.3). *notoriously good at this*
My god, is all that from ONE MFO? Maybe baal just sucks, but I'm not even close? to that.
Daz,

Baal is run for XP, not for drops. It's not really an MF target and can't at all be compared to AT or Pit or Pindle or whatever.
Okay so I'm not entirely screwed lol. I'm ~600 baal runs in with nothing like those guys are showing :O
The really sick picks come from pits and AT so don't be scared by that. As Fab already said, Baal is more for exp and if you're lucky you'll get a good drop or 2.

IIRC there was a recent MFO where in AT (?) there was someone finding a Tyrael's and still ending up second. And another where both the winners of pits and AT found Tyrael's. Not something you'll usually see at Baal.

This is the Baal top 3 of last MFO to give you an indication of what you're shooting for:

1. WoRG [1.13d SC FAM] - 518.7
Death's Web - 231
Templar's Might - 93.9
Templar's Might - 93.9
Griffon's Eye - 93.9
Nightwing's Veil - 6

2. zgpmf [1.13d SC FAM] - 343.9
Griswold's Honor - 94.7
Templar's Might - 93.9
Executioner's Justice - 76.8
Immortal King's Soul Cage - 39.8
Natalya's Mark - 38.7

3. SkaMan [1.13d HC FAM] - 226.3
Gargoyle's Bite - 76.8
Stormspire - 76.8
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 32.6
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 32.6
Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5

As for my own progression:
Yesterday another day of nothingness. One close call, but after checking the scoresheet it came up a little short to end up in top 5. Today i won't have any time at all, so it'll come down to the last days. So far if i had just played on sunday my top 5 would've been nearly identical. :(
It was this last summer MFO that both pit and AT winners had a Tyrael's.

It was Hrus that got second in AT with a Tyrael's to someone else with a Tyrael's :p
Though that was a few years ago.
That's what i was saying, wasn't it? :p
Cyrax said:
That's what i was saying, wasn't it? :p
You didn't say when, and then I kept rambling. Posting because running is too difficult.
Maybe we can swap. You get my RL and i'll do the running.
"Baron telebombing Pindle"

I did over 700 runs yesterday. I'm running on /p1 with occy, so XP bar stopped moving. Ok, it moved. I telebombed pindle and lost ~500-1k runs worth of XP. Good news is that the listening to podcasts/livestream trick works to increase the number of runs...

Pindle doping.

Yesterday I discovered something by accident. I was very stressed with "work + RL + paranoid delusions" package, so I decided to take my sleeping pills earlier (~6 p.m. - and I should take them daily, but I don't, since they just make me more relaxed while #epicfailing on the sleeping matters). I did around 500 pindle runs after that and haven't felt the usual pains I felt after doing more than 500 runs/day).

Maybe the "shoulder pain" I was felling wasn't caused by pindle runs, but by the combination of pindle runs + stress :ponder:. Also, I injuried the same shoulder muscle doing normal exercise on a stressful day.

(A little disclaimer to readers/lurkers: I'm just sharing a fun fact, not giving a running tip. Most people would sleep after taking sleeping pills anyway, so it wouldn't work. It happened with my because, in RL, I'm a barbarian mentally unable to relax. Tranquilizers, for me, are like M&Ms/Sparkles/etc. Another fun fact: the "sedation" on endoscopy doesn't sedates me. It makes me ~25% aware and still able to talk. After the said exam, a friend told me a dirty secret from the past while driving me home and I remembered it afterwards, in detail, like-a-boss. It was embarassing for him :cloud9:. )
I'm in the middle of a running session, so I'll leave a really cool screenshot here, but tomorrow. I just want to ask something before entering a rage state.

Item drop works: base item roll -> unique/failed unique or set/failed set or rare or magic or etc. Right? When game drops a rare scourge on a run and a Venom Ward on the next run, it's trolling me, right?

(Not only ranting this time, what I want to know is, when the elite base item is rolled, it's harder for it be unique, compared to breast plate.)
In general, there is no difference between the chance of a Caduceus being Astreon's and a Breast Plate being Venom Ward, no. One special case, however, are class specific items, which are more likely to roll unique than regular items, given that the base item drops. For instance, Dimensional Shard is in the same group as Archon Staff, Unearthed Wand and Caduceus (meaning the chance of the base items dropping are the same), but since Dimensional Shard is class specific, it will roll Unique more often than the others, which is why Fathom is 16.8 and Astreon's/Mang's/DWeb is 27.8

Roughly 1/30 Unearthed Wands will be DWebs with the amount of MF I'm carrying, while roughly 1/18 Bloodlord Skulls will be DForce, to give you an idea of the relative difference. Edit: Dropped from bosses I mean, as opposed to Champions/Minions/Regulars.

Edit: After double checking with ATMA's drop calculator, it appears I'm wrong about Venom Ward. It appears roughly 1/25 of Breast Plates dropped from bosses will spawn Unique for me, as opposed to the 1/30 or so that would be the case for the high level items. This has to do with qlvl of the Uniques in question, which I guess I ignored when first answering. My brain is fried from too much Diablo, apologies.
I was actually wondering that myself, and I assumed they were roughly equal as well. Good to know. How much MF are you carrying, btw?

Motivation is getting uber low. Did 30+ pit runs with not a single qualifier, that's too long.
810 kestegs. 660 on switch.
Well at least I'm beating you at something :p
Pindah is trolling.

He dropped this...

Then, this...

And then a white dumb minion dropped this. (1:3938819 - or almost 1:4mi - according silospen drop calc...)(DWeb is "just" 1:59098, with my MF)(And I'm looking for a Ber)

Bedtime.

You people are actually still running? How silly. :badteeth:
Yep. I'm afraid pindle will start to drop D3 items instead of qualifiers... Now I'm really going.

@Fabian: thanks for the clarification. It explains why I found homunculus, bartuc's, etc.
In a true shocker, I have finally received three updates from Baal. :badteeth: Epic category is epic!

1) Cyrax
2) SkaMan
3) jdkerr

The distribution looks a little like this.

(1)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(2)-(3)

Extremely tight race for second place right now! It's not out of the question that either could catch #1, as well.
NagisaFurukawa said:
In a true shocker, I have finally received three updates from Baal. :badteeth: Epic category is epic!

1) Cyrax
2) SkaMan
3) jdkerr

(1)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(2)-(3)

Extremely tight race for second place right now! It's not out of the question that either could catch #1, as well.
If you like, I'm happy to steal Cyrax's computer?
kestegs, you're over 827 then I hope? Otherwise it's wasted :)

Baron, those rune drop odds are for pre 1.13 fwiw.

Definitely not keeping the pace today, need to get my head back in the game.
Motivation at an all time low and RL (especially school) messing with my free time means I haven't done a single run the last two days. I may get back on the horse later today, but I doubt it.
@Fabian: I used that silo's calculator website. 1.13, /p1, Minion - Defiled Warrior. It's the same drop rate of /p1 pindle before 1.13, according GoMule calc. Silo's website says that the odds of a minion drop a Jah on 1.12 is 1:11706084.

Are you guys using other calculators? My Atma only goes up to 1.11 and GoMule only up to 1.12, iirc. (When it involves numbers, I assume I'm wrong :badteeth:)

Today will be a good day for running. If all my clients don't decide to show up at the same time, the sky doesn't fall, ground doesn't split in half elgulfing a chunk of the mankind, etc. And the phone rings... (zero kidding).
NagisaFurukawa said:

1) Cyrax
2) SkaMan
3) jdkerr

You are nub, I sent you update just half an hour before MFO started and you ignored that, it is clear that I am last but I at least wanted to be in rank to be cool :p

and I am not running aswell through week, no time for that
on week-end I will start again :)
Fabian said:
kestegs, you're over 827 then I hope? Otherwise it's wasted :)

Baron, those rune drop odds are for pre 1.13 fwiw.

Definitely not keeping the pace today, need to get my head back in the game.
I am, but why does it matter?
MF breakpoints.
Anything between 810 and 827 gives the same bonus as far as finding uniques go. I call them MF breakpoints, easily double checked in ATMA's drop calculator (indeed, the Unique bonus is even shown directly in the calculator). The MF breakpoints are different for sets/rares/magics, but it's not like that's anything to be concerned with really.

Today has definitely been the roughest day so far. Getting in playing time has been super tough, and some computer lag problems have really made it feel like a grind. At times it's felt like playing in slow motion, and my hands seem to have lost the ability to co-operate with each other. Remember those times I've said playing a teleswitch berserk pitbarb is easyish? Well I was wrong and I apologize for spreading misinformation.The fact that it's been by far the worst day as far as drops go hasn't helped matters, although just 5 minutes ago I did thankfully get a drop good enough to (marginally) improve my score, so that did help raise my spirits slightly. My runtime has slowly crept up during the week (as is to be expected) though, from starting under 62.5 seconds to the current 64.380. Oh well.
Don't think I knew that. Weird. What are the next couple breakpoints?

Good news: I finally found my first unearthed wand this morning. Now I just need a gold one.
kestegs said:
Don't think I knew that. Weird. What are the next couple breakpoints?

Good news: I finally found my first unearthed wand this morning. Now I just need a gold one.
According to Atma (for uniques):

NagisaFurukawa said:

1) Cyrax
2) SkaMan
3) jdkerr

Wow, you guys must really suck! :D As stated before, almost my entire top 5 came from finds on Sunday.

Kitteh said:
If you like, I'm happy to steal Cyrax's computer?

Bad Kitteh!

*bolts down computer just in case*

Didn't have time for running yesterday, but work for today is done. Once i'm done with dinner i'll be going at it once more. Hoping to find something top 5 worthy. One of the high scorers would be nice, but at this point i'd be happy with anything that improves top 5.
Does anybody have a full list of unique breakpoints?
Yes, I would be interested in that as well.
(MF*250)/(MF+250), rounded down. This is 191.038 for 810 and 191.968 for 827 MF, for instance. The much easier way would be to just open ATMA's drop calculator, which shows this number for whatever MF you input.
Ah, see, I don't use atma, so I don't know these cool things.
There's a truck parked across the street, checking the electrical wiring system thing. That means a forced break due to imminent power failure. Or it means it's time for RL work :whistling:...
Briony is cleaning my room *glare*

Edit: Completely the wrong thread...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High