MFO Winter 2013 Results [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on Jan 14, 2013.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Level 85 Areas

1. Fabian - 111.0

Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Death's Fathom 16.8

2. zgpmf - 100.4
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Stormlash 17
Stormlash 17

3. NagisaFurukawa - 80.5
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Death's Fathom 16.8
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Cerebus' Bite 11
Templar's Might 10.7

4. kestegs - 77.7
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Crown of Ages 10.7
Halaberd's Reign 10.4

5. pharphis - 75.1
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Dragonscale 14.6
Scaefer's Hammer 11.6
Steelrend 10.7
Boneflame 10.4

6. LD50 - 49.7
Ravenlore 14.6
Heaven's Light 9.8
Ghostflame 9.3
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7

7. Victus - 48.4
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Executioner's Justice 9.3
Earth Shifter 9.3
Windforce 9.3

8. bassano - 46.5
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3
Executioner's Justice 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
The Grandfather 9.3

9. FredOfErik - 41.0
Heaven's Light 9.8
Steel Pillar 9.3
Death Cleaver 9.3
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Arachnid Mesh 5.9

10. WoRG - 23.2
Spike Thorn 6.6
Firelizard's Talons 5.2
Natalya's Mark 4.3
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 3.8
Taebaek's Glory 3.3

Pindle+

1. Gripphon - 99.6

Death's Web 27.9
Death's Web 27.9
Dragonscale 14.6
Dragonscale 14.6
Dragonscale 14.6

2. LiquidClear - 76.2
Death's Web 27.9
Stormlash 17
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Templar's Might 10.7
Ghostflame 9.3

3. scrcrw - 71.1
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Ravenlore 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6

4. BaronScarpia - 64.0
Death's Fathom 16.8
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Schaefer's Hammer 11.6
Steelrend 10.7
Steelrend 10.7

5. frozzzen - 55.7
Spirit Keeper 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Windforce 9.3

Baal

1. WoRG - 319.9

Mang Song's Lesson - 230.4
Immortal King's Soul Cage - 39.8
M'avina's True Sight - 39.8
Eaglehorn - 5.4
Tal Rasha's Guardianship - 4.5

2. Cyrax - 285.6
Griswold's Redemption - 97.7
Earth Shifter - 76.8
Griswold'd Valor - 39.8
Natalya's Mark - 38.7
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 32.6

3. Dazliare - 56.7
Dragonscale - 19.5
Schaefer's Hammer - 15.3
Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5
Head Hunter's Glory - 7.4
Wolfhowl - 7

4. jdkerr - 17.4
Leviathan - 6
Stormshield - 4.7
Eschuta's Temper - 4.4
Shadow Killer - 2.3

5. bassano - 1.4
Laying of Hands - 1.4

Team Scores
As Of Yet Unnamed Team
(Fabian, LiquidClear, WoRG) - 29
Team Fail
(pharphis, BaronScarpia, Cyrax) - 21
PvPers
(NagisaFurukawa, frozzzen, bassano) - 19

Looting Rules

1. First place chooses up to 4 items from any other entrant(s), max 1 item per entrant.
2. Second place chooses up to 3 items from any entrant(s) below you in the standings, max 1 item per entrant.
3. Third place chooses up to 2 items from any entrant(s) below you in the standings, max 1 item per entrant.

- No more than 2 items can be taken from any entrant.
- If you're done picking, or don't want anything, make sure to say so in the thread so the looting can continue down the list.
- Make sure you realize the mod status of any item(s) you take.

Thank you very much everyone for playing, I hope you had a great time and I hope to see you back for the Summer MFO :) Thanks to the supervisors for helping out!

2013 Winter MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Last edited:
Allow me to introduce Pindleskin tales vol. winter MFO 2013.

Chapter one: Gripphon
2873ol5.jpg

Chapter two: Scrcrw
2z6fjex.jpg

Chapter three: Frozzzen
1zyuc0h.jpg

Chapter four: LiquidClear
2d9y6c9.jpg

Chapter five: BaronScarpia
xpvnnp.jpg

Chapter six: Zaphodbrx
2nvckx.jpg

Nice results, grats to winners and thanks to my teammates for taking medal position, it was really hard :)

frozzen: you did 5k runs and you found only that crap? that is a little bit pitty but at least you did nice effort

fabian: I did not understood if you complained all week for not having nice drops of for being too tired from running because I do not think, you had bad luck or something like that :)
especially if you found asterons close before MFO, this is way too far over average drops I would expected from that runs you did
same with 2 lashes, asterons and 2 Darkforces from zgpmf, scores like that are simply unbeatable, really nice job 👍

griphonn: very nice post :D and also respect for number of your runs, if you did it with barbarian, it is well deserved victory :)

btw. nagisa score is not 82.5 but 78.3 it not change any position but numbers do not respond

and thanks Fabian for organizing nice MFO all was great, no problems and fast results

Grats to all the winners!

I must say that WoRG's top 5 is epic because of the huge gap between the qualifiers. And I really want to see Fabian's haul pic!

Gripphon, I made a bit less runs than you - in last MFO - and had more points! And no Horking! Muahahahaha! (nice pics :p) (can't you make one for me also? like the one that prepares for the Olympics but then doesn't go in the last minute)

Wow, very nice results! Congrats to Fabian for taking the category especially, that's a pretty sick score for no TM.

I'm a bit confused by nagisa's place though, because I thought you quit running and sent a final score before the last update.

I'm very happy with my score, it's certainly the best I've ever done, and the mang's was a grailer.

No TM for anyone is sad. Who else had a templar's?

WTF?! I lost to someone that has 2 items that don't even score double digits?!!:weep:

Excellent scores in the lvl 85 areas. Difference in the end is quite big considering that at the second update Fabian was ahead by only 0,4. Still, even people not in top 2 did very well. Should give some nice haul pics there.

Congrats to all winners except WoRG. J/k. Maybe.

Thanks Fabian for hosting, other supervisors for help and all competitors ofc as it wouldn't be a MFO without you!

Goddammit will someone tell me how you get the mangs and astreons and all the pretty ****!=!!? :rant:

...Oh, congrats everyone! :D

And thank you Fabbe for hosting and thank you supervisors for your troubles... 👍

edit:

Cyrax said:
WTF?! I lost to someone that has 2 items that don't even score double digits?!
[/qoute]

Congrats on your choice of category!!!

Yeah, there are some insane scoring items in the Baal category...sorry to 'steal' the victory, Cyrax...just got lucky, and at the last minute, too!
1595343391247.png
Cyrax deserved the victory, but luck is a fickle lady, and is usually the deciding factor in the Baal category... no hard feelings, I hope?

My luck was much less in the a85 category, score so low that it apparently disappeared 😉 (actually, I think my first email to Cyrax bounced...I've resent)

WoRG

Loved the comics! :cloud9: I didn't get any of the big top 3 score items, but I got other big stuff instead, by blinking to minions and asking pindle nicely... Click on the tag if you dare to know the truth:

Jah from minion, Ist from pindle. As a baron, I have a thing for minions. Wait, not that thing! (Dirty minds gonna be dirty.:nono:)

@Gripphon: Can I haz the pic and post it over interwebz?

Like I said, I got cool stuff. I missed one big drop to put me in top 3 (beating gripphon wasn't really an option in my head). Big congrats to winners!

Thanks to Fabian, supervisors, mods, etc.

Edit: And thanks for team fail!
If someone wants readouts, feel free to ask. DFathom rolled 22% CSD. I'm only fond with the hammer.

Personalization would take a while, "baron scarpia" is at clvl 1 and will be a bowmancer, so...

I enjoyed this MFO, first one for me. Was really into getting good score from day one, started right at midnight until 3 am and continued in the morning resulting 2.2k runs first day. First significant drop was Diadem like 1 hour after start. Notbad. On 1500 runs mark, Unearthed Wand. Cool start! Up to third day 2 Coronas dropped and green Caduceus. Right after I sent update to supervisor, first Dragonscale dropped. Oujea. So, after 3 days my score was 75.2. Next day I was busy with college things and didn't do more than 1.1k runs, can't remember correctly now.
Two days after all day only college things. Finally thursday was open for running. There was no top 5 score change for around 20 hours and I was kind of depressed. Where are those drops? Finally Dragonscale dropped, motivation boost 1000%. Needed something to boost my motivation even more, so I decided to beat my personal record of 2.2k runs in one day. If nothing, that is good inspiration. Not only that, near 11k mark dropped second Unearthed Wand. I was really really happy, that kept me going even more. 2.5k runs done, new record.
Last day of MFO I relaxed. Did 200 runs after midnight and 1400 till the end of day. I planned to do 1300 at most, but then noticed I won't cover 60 hours with that. Nothing, let's continue with 60 more runs. 60 hours there, but I like round number's, so forced myself to complete 13 200 runs total. Since I played 8 days out of 10, that makes 7.5 hours a day for me with 60 hours total instead of 75. Something else kept me company during running, and that was my dedication to keep improving average run time. Was hard near end cause I got close to my "real" average since my gameplay improved almost all the time during MFO.

Two screenshots of my work these 10 days.

Character: Barb Zerker Betelgeuse
Time: 60 hours 11 minutes 20 seconds
Runs: 13200
Average run time: 16.243 seconds

24maphc.jpg

30hyjpi.jpg

And ofc, haul pics

Second one is just for fun.
flgbpk.jpg

10colxy.jpg

I'm very happy with my drops, didn't expect to get two top 3 tier items, not to mention both of them to be Web what I wanted. First Web has bad rolls, but second one is excellent, 2 skills and -47. 2/3 goals fulfilled. 1. Get Web, 2. do 12k runs, 3. get Nightwing's Veil. It's obvious what is not fulfilled :p

Congratz to all winners, thank you for hosting and organizing this MFO and all competitors. Was fun to talk to you during MFO ;)

I would like to see readouts of Nightwing Veils, Dungos, Crown of Ages, Ormuses and Wolfhowl. Thank you.

@Gripphon:

Ya looking for this, I assume? (That 12 could be a 10...)

Code:
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 431
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x812e61bf
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+12% to Cold Skill Damage
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage
+11% to Fire Skill Damage
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+14 Defense
Regenerate Mana 14%

PM me with email if you want it as prize. If you want my ugly name on it, give me a heads up so I can send it until the end of the week, depending on how crazy office goes.

Can I use the cartoon? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :cloud9:

Congrats to the winners and big thanks to Fabian for organizing again!

My score is fairly disappointing for the 9-10k runs (judging by xp gain) I did. The other drops were quite decent though, including a grailer that put me at -1, Jah, Cham and 3x eth Reaper's in a row.

Here are the readouts you asked for, Gripphon (mediocre rolls mostly):
Code:
Crown of Ages 
Corona 
Defense: 388 
Durability: 34 of 50 
Required Level: 82 
Required Strength: 174 
Fingerprint: 0x112a9349 
Unidentified 
Indestructible 
+1 to All Skills 
+30% Faster Hit Recovery 
+50% Enhanced Defense 
+139 Defense 
All Resistances +30 
Damage Reduced by 14% 1 Sockets (0 used) 

Nightwing's Veil 
Spired Helm 
Defense: 340 
Durability: 31 of 40 
Required Level: 67 
Required Strength: 96 
Fingerprint: 0x5ab02625 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
+14% to Cold Skill Damage 
+113% Enhanced Defense 
+18 to Dexterity 
+5 Cold Absorb 
Half Freeze Duration 
Requirements -50% 

Nightwing's Veil 
Spired Helm 
Defense: 316 
Durability: 29 of 40 
Fingerprint: 0xc46403e7 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
+12% to Cold Skill Damage 
+98% Enhanced Defense 
+15 to Dexterity 
+5 Cold Absorb 
Half Freeze Duration 
Requirements -50% 

Ormus' Robes 
Dusk Shroud 
Defense: 435 
Durability: 17 of 20 
Required Level: 75 
Required Strength: 77 
Fingerprint: 0x37d03335 
Unidentified 
+20% Faster Cast Rate 
+13% to Cold Skill Damage 
+14% to Lightning Skill Damage 
+10% to Fire Skill Damage 
+3 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only) 
+18 Defense 
Regenerate Mana 14% 

Verdungo's Hearty Cord 
Mithril Coil 
Defense: 126 
Durability: 13 of 16 
Required Level: 63 
Required Strength: 106 
Fingerprint: 0xfa769817 
Unidentified 
+10% Faster Hit Recovery 
+92% Enhanced Defense 
+36 to Vitality 
Replenish Life +12 
+113 Maximum Stamina 
Damage Reduced by 11% 

Verdungo's Hearty Cord 
Mithril Coil 
Defense: 128 
Durability: 10 of 16 
Fingerprint: 0xe5c10790 
Unidentified 
+10% Faster Hit Recovery 
+94% Enhanced Defense 
+39 to Vitality 
Replenish Life +11 
+102 Maximum Stamina 
Damage Reduced by 13% 

Verdungo's Hearty Cord 
Mithril Coil 
Defense: 128 
Durability: 8 of 16 
Fingerprint: 0x14ec9396 
Unidentified 
+10% Faster Hit Recovery 
+94% Enhanced Defense 
+32 to Vitality 
Replenish Life +12 
+108 Maximum Stamina 
Damage Reduced by 13% 

Wolfhowl 
Fury Visor 
Defense: 354 
Durability: 20 of 35 
Required Level: 79 
Required Strength: 129 
Fingerprint: 0x67e57d7 
Unidentified 
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) 
+5 to Feral Rage 
+6 to Lycanthropy 
+6 to Werewolf 
+135% Enhanced Defense 
+12 to Strength 
+10 to Dexterity 
+10 to Vitality 
Level 15 Summon Dire Wolf (7/18 Charges) 

Wolfhowl 
Fury Visor 
Defense: 377 
Durability: 23 of 35 
Required Level: 79 
Required Strength: 129 
Fingerprint: 0x1684a705 
Unidentified 
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) 
+3 to Feral Rage 
+3 to Lycanthropy 
+3 to Werewolf 
+150% Enhanced Defense 
+14 to Strength 
+9 to Dexterity 
+10 to Vitality 
Level 15 Summon Dire Wolf (6/18 Charges)

nulio said:
Gripphon, I made a bit less runs than you - in last MFO - and had more points! And no Horking! Muahahahaha! (nice pics :p) (can't you make one for me also? like the one that prepares for the Olympics but then doesn't go in the last minute)
Well that is exactly why you won! :p
But okay, you did 12.x k runs, what is excellent. I saw results from some year when winner did like 5k runs with sorc and got sick runes and 90+ score. I was like "wtf luck" seeing that :crazyeyes:
I got very lucky myself getting two of top 3 items with "only" 13.2k runs. If I calculated correctly, expectation is to get one in 12k runs or something like that, 18k for sorc (you lucker! :coffee:)
BaronScarpia said:
@Gripphon: Can I haz the pic and post it over interwebz?[q.uote]
Sure thing about comics, but when I'll have time to do it. ;)

Sure! 👍
Yes, I'm interested in your Ormus, so if you don't need it, I would really like to have it. Got like 12 Ormuses in Travincal and none with Blizzard skill. I'll pm-u after seeing other readouts ;)

WoRG said:
Yeah, there are some insane scoring items in the Baal category...sorry to 'steal' the victory, Cyrax...just got lucky, and at the last minute, too!
View attachment 3989
Cyrax deserved the victory, but luck is a fickle lady, and is usually the deciding factor in the Baal category... no hard feelings, I hope?

My luck was much less in the a85 category, score so low that it apparently disappeared 😉 (actually, I think my first email to Cyrax bounced...I've resent)

WoRG
Forgiving you make take a while. Dunno if i can ever forgive you. A box of chocolates might make it easier. ;)

The bad part is i got 25 (!) items that didn't make my final 5, yet beat your eaglehorn.

Btw i got your resent and i see Fab has added you into the score.

@Daz:
Last time i did 425 runs (p8/3). This time 710. MF 188. Gained 57M (about 20% of what's needed to go from 98->99). Found 118 qualifiers. Most found was windhammer (5x).

WoRG: Are there any items your interested in?
@other Baalers: I won't be taking any items.

Congrats everyone!

Overall I'm happy with the MFO even though it's my worst ranking yet. Still, got the gold caddy, and a few other cheap grailers.

No runes! What gives?

Now my grail progress is looking very nice!

In order of qualifier rarity, I'm only missing Tyrael's, Death's Fathom, Steel Pillar, and then it's a bit fuzzy from there, including silly things like azurewrath and glad's bane , stormshield and unique armet.

My total grail perfection also went up, and I'll. Post that soon.

If only that DWeb I found a week earlier counted :p (happened last MFO, and a mang's 2 days before the previous. . .)
/obligatory complaint w/ every MFO

Is someone making an olympian thread?

7k pindleruns with 750MF/54% hork 15.676 avg runs times Berserker barb and I got really crap. Kinda disappointed but oh well. At least I didn't spend my luck on something silly like MFO :p I should have known that pvp barb won't have success in pvm after all. Silly me. So you who defeated me just dare to show in pvp game and I'll make sure my barb takes piece of revenge :]
Only decent rune was Jah and that goes back to janooo cause I owed it to him. So no runes this MFO :badteeth:

Nice results everyone. Tnx Fabs for organizing this thing as well as supervisors for their dirty work.

Items of interest:
Code:
Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 389
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xb4e53aa5
+50% Enhanced Defense
+140 Defense
Damage Reduced by 12%
All Resistances +24
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
Indestructible
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 349
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc81492cd
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
Damage Reduced by 11%
All Resistances +30
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skill Levels
Indestructible
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 329
Durability: 39 of 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x44350f59
+19 to Dexterity
+106% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -50%
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to All Skill Levels
+5 Cold Absorb
+14% to Cold Skill Damage

Others you asked are low/crap roll so they probably aren't even worth necromancer mana to create Iron Golems out of them

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High