MFO Winter 2011 Signup and Progress [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on Feb 2, 2011.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Winter MFO 2011 Sign-Up And Running Thread

Once again, it's time for a Magic Find Olympics! After talking to jjscud, I'll be hosting this time. Don't worry, things look pretty much the same :)

Start Time: Friday February 11th 2011, 00:01 Local Time
End Date: Sunday February 20th 2011, 23:59 Local Time

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only sign up yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Ancient Tunnels
- Other Level 85 Areas
- Teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA/GoMule readouts at this time).

I will need 4 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Fabian

AT
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by February 21. Please please try to get this done as soon as possible, preferably right after you finish running. This is so we can get the results thread up as quickly as possible.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.10 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you are banned from trading and/or MP'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Ancient Tunnels: Any monster (not the chest) in here is fair game.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

That's it! Let the trash talking begin :) If you have any questions or comments, you can PM me here or email me at *email redacted -Pb_pal*

Summer MFO 2010 Thread

Summer MFO 2010 Results Thread

Last edited:
Re: Winter MFO 2011 Sign-Up And Running Thread

Very excited about getting this show on the road, hope you all are too :)

I will take this opportunity to be the first to announce that I will crush all competition. Thank you for understanding.

Alrighty!

This will be my first contest, but I feel that I am capable enough now to possibly put forth a winning effort! I would like to run in the Ancient Tunnels category. Thanks Fabian for putting this on and I look forward to the competition!

Sassy

Good to have you sasspire :) To sign up, you need to copy/paste the sign-up list (in post #2) and add your name and version status under the appropriate category.

Depending on future RL events, I may not be able to do as many runs as I'd like, but I'll certainly give it the ol' college try! Ancient Tunnels for me. I'm available for a team, but keep in mind that my run total might not be as high as some others.

@Fabian: I've never participated in an MFO before, but I've kept track of them and I know what it takes to be a supervisor. If you find yourself looking for someone to pick up the job, I'm more than willing. Also, triple post? :nono: :p

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll be busy that week, and I don't really see myself parting with a self-found DW, for instance. I guess being the only child will do that to, well, me.

I would like to wish good luck to everyone! May the best ones win.

Area runners can officially rejoice, as I won't be crashing their party this time (or ever again).

If you need a supervisor,*email redacted*

Well that's certainly no fun Nagisa :( You're a living legend in area running land, I was hoping to have you in the running.

In other news, there are two spots open for a super-serious* team consisting, so far, of me (Pit) and jimsfriend (AT). We're looking for a Pindle competitor and a Baal competitor. The audition process will work as follows: Send me a PM and describe in 50 or fewer words why YOU would be a great addition to our team! Also rate yourself from 1-10 in each of the following areas; Time available during the MFO, How fun you are to chat with during mindless hours of running, How big a Harry Potter fan you are and, for the Pindle category only, Are you running with a Barb? (Yes 9 points, No 2 points) This questionnaire may or may not be largely ignored, but might help us make our decision!

* This is only partially true

Well, Team Kittens is forming up for another run at dominance!!! You guys don't want none!

Another AT entry... may potentially switch over to Pindle if the groups end up too unbalanced. Probably not team-worthy material, given the crowd in the tunnels and my likely lower run count. Good luck out there!

This is what i'm waiting for.. Thanks Fabian for hosting.. Need Pindle Runner?? my javazon is ready to fire up. Send pm to you after this.

Hmm, curious whether I'll AT or whether I'll Pindle. I'll think on this one. Pindle's just so easy to get burnt out on...

Oooh, I've waited for a chance to participate in one of these. I'm going to sign up for Baal, hoping that it'll finally motivate me to finish a large amount of runs since I usually limit myself to the easier runs.

I'm also putting myself as available for a team, but since I don't really know anyone around here well, I'm perfectly fine with being the last one picked :p

(Also, can't wait to see who's wanting to compete against Fabian in the pits after seeing all the chatter about his optimized WW barb :D)

For the record LC, Kimppi, jimsfriend and I have been working on a Berserk Barb that me and Kimppi (I believe) will be running with instead, and I like him significantly better :) That doesn't mean that my cocky trashtalking won't land me squarely in last place though, of course.

Fabian said:
For the record LC, Kimppi, jimsfriend and I have been working on a Berserk Barb that me and Kimppi (I believe) will be running with instead, and I like him significantly better :) That doesn't mean that my cocky trashtalking won't land me squarely in last place though, of course.

Well, I figured the Pit would be more crowded than it is at present :p I guess your opposition just hasn't gotten around to signing up yet. 'Zerker sounds interesting, all this Barb talk might inspire me to take my Frenzier for a few swings at Baal!

I suppose it makes since that AT would be the most crowded, seeing as to how it's the easiest area (well, Pindle can't drop every item, so easiest area that drops every item).

*wakes up from hibernation*

mmmhhh, what? MFO? ....oh, ok.

I don't have access to any of my SC stash or characters at present, but I figure it should be simple enough to start a blizzsorc from scratch to pay my good friend Pindle a visit or two (or 2000 :whistling:). I haven't seen him in years, so he must be getting lonely. :)

Also available for a team, but since I just told y'all that I'm starting from scratch, I'm prolly not the ideal teammate. In case anyone is actually looking to win (psh, who does that?), that is.

Prepare to surrender your loot, muahahahaa!

I'm in. AT this time. I'm not sure about the version yet, either I'll manage to create new MFer in 1.13 or I'll stay in 1.12 where is all my SC wealth.

I could be a supervisor if there is a need still.

:party:

edit below
Dear necro bass, with such campaign we end up with team of 2 :rolleyes: (in that case I run AT+Pindle and you areas+baal, that's fair enough).

Seriously, we would welcome some fanatic runner :). I will offer cookies :pancake:.

I am looking for my 3rd MFO victory, this time I will be stacked in pit :)
We also looking for 2nd team victory in MFO
this time we really need to win beacuse Alchemists deserves it

and if there is still free place for supervisor, I can do that too in some category :)

we need some pindle and some baalrunner

conditions for be in our team:

1. you are in baal or in pindle category
2. you must run at least 10 hours/day
3. you must win your category
4. you must to sacrifice your RL to this MFO
5. if we will not win, you must admit, that it is your fault (fact, that you won your category and I finished last does not change it)
6. you must accept hard punishment if point 5 happens
7. I always have true
8. If I am wrong, see point 7
9. You must hate kittens team
10. If we will won, we will give you unending glory and power of Alchemiatus

for now I can say that JDer is best option for pindle runner, you have chance to prove me that you are so good :)
[/QUOTE]

Still deciding what / if to run, my time is a bit limited over these weeks. Baal is tempting me though...

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a link to trade profiles, as per the current SPTF rules?

This will be fun. Hopefully the rest of the team decide to drop by and run an hour or two as well. BURNOUTS!!!!!!!!

I can supervise a category if that is needed:)

So I'm thinking about joining but first I was wondering whats this FAM everyone keeps putting in their version? Secondly if I do join (which I want to) I'll be doing AT, so I was doing some practice runs and I finally got my first Shako!!

No Mephisto? 1 vote to bring him back to the mfo!

I'm going to enter this. I've got some travel coming up that week, so there should be plenty of time in airports/hotels to get some good hours in. I'm not sure what category, yet...

I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put in, but I'm not giving up my place on the podium without a fight. 👍

I don't get all this talk about teams. We all know Team Kittens is in the mix, so why even bother forming other teams?

As for my category, it looks like I have some stiff competition this year. :crazyeyes:

We're still looking for a Baal runner for our team :)

Bring it on :eek:

Mephisto is not a category I'm afraid :)

I am trying to locate my backups. Specifically I am sure to have 1.10s um somewhere (in lower runes, but you get my point). If I get it, I might be able to build something special for the crab-slaughter and enter against kittens.

Of course, if bass and sequana take me ;)

Ill try to sort it out during the weekend ...

:newhere:
Applying for Team Alchemists, preferably as a Baal runner, but a cat...I mean Pindle is fine too, as skiffcz already has dibs on the crab-man, Baal.

@denton,skiffcz: gg, we are complete earlier then expected, nice to hear that 👍

@skiffcz: if you have problem to find some gear, I can offer you complete MF gear for any char you will need, let me know

I'm feeling a little burnt out...

One more then...

Very simple, yet very unrealistic goal for this MFO - 6K pindleruns.
Since I won't be able to compete most of time (only weekend nights here probably) it won't be able to match with you guys :)
Adding myself to kittens and waiting for our AT runner 😉

adding my trade tag aswell..

Hmm, been a while since I've been here... might as well start back up with a bang (or so I hope :p ). If I can remember how to do it, I'll get my Blizzie back out of storage and do the AT.
[/QUOTE]

Adding Zaliqai back into the table, he posted here. Also adding the link to his trade profile that he had posted along with adding my trade profile too.

I added some trade profile tags. I could not find one for pwangsta.

Thanks jimsfriend. pwangsta, please make sure you have a trade profile by the time the MFO starts next week. here's a link to the trade forum where you can read the stickies about rules and such, if you're not familiar with them.

I will investigate the new format/rules when I get a chance and update my entry with the appropriate link. Sorry bout that; I wasn't planning on trading this go-around, so I didn't bother to check if the profile rules had changed when I became active again.

I've decided for 1.13c to not look too exotic (although I strongly doubt anyone will have a chance to claim my items), one week for creating competitive char should be enough. It's so exciting to start from scratch, every item is going to be a grailer : ).

And welcome guys on board :flowers: *offers cookies*.

Denton said:
Applying for Team Alchemists, preferably as a Baal runner...

I think sweetie you proved the ability to kill Baal at least twice, now just repeat that 30 times per hour 10 hours per day and all will be upea ja hyvaa : ).

@skiffcz: Pindl anyone? Does it work this way?

This team isn't supposed to lose :yes:. Anyway it's great that team competing is alive and boiling.

Thanks jimsfriend for adding links.

sequana said:
and all will be upea ja hyvaa : ).
Lol. :D

You'll find me in the Pit. Let's see: 50gb's of trance music, check. Enough canned tuna and noodles for a week, check. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, check. Yeah, bring it on.

Wrote up myself to the tables. AT for now, but there's a chance I'll change it next week to Baal or lvl85 areas depending on my run times.

Signing up for the Pindle+ category.

Putting my name at the bottom of the Baal table, the same place that I expect to be at the end of the MFO, given the amount of runs I am likely to do. Still the odds of finding a Tyraels's on any single run are the same, no matter how many runs you do.

Fabian said:

So the WW Barb didn't even get out of the starting blocks. After all that build up, I expected him to be winning the category :p

Adding myself to the "Other level 85 areas" group. I'm thinking I may see if I can turn the River of Flame into a viable target. I'm hoping the improved travel time can make up for the slightly smaller number of bosspacks. We'll see.

I suppose I'll be doing AT.

Burnouts FTW!
[/QUOTE]

Why are the lines, which outline the category titles, aligned rather randomly?

I was tempted to align them, but couldn't quite build up the courage to do it, thinking that there might be some kind of master plan behind the alignment. Or if not that, perhaps that is the original copy of the category layout, and the preservation of the misaligned outlines is a tribute to the roots and spirit of the MFO.

There's certainly no master plan (I copy/pasted it from the previous MFO), so if anything it'd be a tribute to MFO's past :) Align as you see fit I guess, no big deal.

Also maxicek, I view the Berserk Barb as an evolution on that character, rather than an entirely new one ;)

All I said was I wouldn't be area running. *hide*

Hopefully I can get around to starting/finishing my character by the beginning of the MFO. Not really much time or real motivation to play at the moment, but the competitive juices will hopefully come.

If either Kittens or Burnouts are okay with a second Baal runner who might not contribute much, let me know. 😉 Else, zarqu and some others want to make a team?

Clever, yet naughty, word choice in your first post. :wink2:

If you're thinking you might not contribute much, maybe you, frozzen, and I could join up as a semi-apathetic team and let luck determine our scores. :crazyeyes:

Available for team but don't know how well I'll do. This game never seems to want to drop anything for me. :yuck:

Well, Nagisa, you know you are more than welcome to join the Kittens in their quest to dominate the competition. I think you should join us in order to put the Alchemists in their true place... on their knees begging for mercy!!

As to relieve my ears/eyes of PD's persistent begging from the past few days, I've reluctantly joined up with Kittens. :p (Just kidding guys. Please look after me. :)) Apologies to the others who extended an offer.

Hope it's not too late to sign up :)

P.S. missus won't be happy that this is over the Valentine's weekend :whistling:
smokeeblade said:
P.S. missus won't be happy that this is over the Valentine's weekend :whistling:

You're saying that D2 is not your only missus? :shocked:

I think you need to review you priorities...

Going for both Baal and a Level 85 Area (Throne). With a huge amount of luck I win both categories and get all your perfect Fathoms and DWebs :p Muahahaha

Available for teams but I won't be able to play more than 6 nights.

I'm only going to ask this once. If everyone else in the Pindle category could kindly drop out, it would be much appreciated. Mr. Pindle is getting sick of being picked on so frequently. So please, leave him to his gardening and no further action will be taken. Thank you.

-The Pindle PR Team

:D

@Nagisa: No harm done concerning you joining teh Kittenz. My offer was a half joke anyway. 👍

Smips said:
I'm only going to ask this once. If everyone else in the Pindle category could kindly drop out, it would be much appreciated. Mr. Pindle is getting sick of being picked on so frequently. So please, leave him to his gardening and no further action will be taken. Thank you.

-The Pindle PR Team

:D

My sorceress says it best:

"Could this be a trap?" :whistling:

Adding myself to the disturbingly large pool of people available for teams. I should be able to get a few hours in each day, with more on a select few days.

I'm going to add everyone in the LF-Team section's area(s) after their names so we can easily see who's doing what to fill in a spot runonsentencerunonsentence.

If anybody wants to join team Burnouts feel free to send me a PM:)

Requirements for joining:

- You are doing Ancient Tunnels
- You are awesome (since everyone who hangs out in the SPF is awesome by default, this one should be easy enough)
- You will run just as much as you want. No pressure here, you are in it to have fun.

Thomh said:
If anybody wants to join team Burnouts feel free to send me a PM:)

Requirements for joining:

- You are doing Ancient Tunnels
- You are awesome (since everyone who hangs out in the SPF is awesome by default, this one should be easy enough)
- You will run just as much as you want. No pressure here, you are in it to have fun.

- check 👍
- check 👍
- check :scratchchin: -->

PM sent.
I'm on call the whole weekend Feb 18th-20th, but being a psychiatrist for children, there shouldn't be too much to do on call except running AT :rolleyes:

Who knows - maybe I will finally complete the grail by finding Tyrael's?? :cloud9:

I'd like to join up with the Burnouts (or other team - though their approach outlined above sounds great). I'm switching to AT either way. I've been running some of the less popular level 85 areas this week, trying to find a viable alternative character/map/area combination, but haven't found it. New goal for the MFO is to do some good comparisons between my two favorite AT runners - my FO sorc and my FA-zon.

The first ever MFO olymics for me happens to be my reading week... Coincidence i think not. Only problem is i actually hcce to finish my baal runner by friday :p

Not sure ill be getting enough hours in to justify a serious team, but it sounds like giggles. To that end if anyone wants to be part of 'casual violence' i think we might just get lucky.

Just updating team Burnouts to include Grisu and bcoe. GO TEAM!!!

Someone didn't have the heart to delete me, thank you someone! In lieu of Mephisto I'll join the Pindleskin group, my sorc can't really handle anything else :(
[/QUOTE]

Adding my name to the event. I've only participated once in a MF event, and it was ages ago (3+ years). I'll be running Ancient Tunnels with my Blizz Sorc, despite the laundry list of folks already in that category. I just can't take Pindle for any significant length of time. I'd like to join a team, but I'm afraid my work schedule will be too erractic to commit myself the way that the rest of the members deserve.

Good luck to everyone!

-PP

Please read this

I'm thrilled to see so many people participating, cheers for that!

Here are your supervisors:

ThomH - Baal
bassano - Ancient Tunnels
TheReadMenace - Other Level 85 Areas
sequana - Pindle+

You will send reports to these good people throughout the MFO week, so they can report back in this thread how the competition is going. If you've seen old MFO threads, you know exactly what I'm talking about, otherwise you'll catch on quick :) I would assume they can be reached either by forum PM or email, but look out for any posts by your area's supervisor saying anything else.

Other than that, all systems are go in ~3 days or so, depending on your local time. You can still sign up or change category, as well as join teams and stuff, until 23:59 on Thursday evening local time. On that note, any Baal runner, feel free to add yourself to As Of Yet Unnamed Team, since we're a Baal runner short :)

Finally, please please try to send your final results to your Supervisor as quickly as possible after you finish running, preferrably right away. The period between the MFO finishing and the MFO Results Thread coming up is one of the worst times of year, and I'd like to minimize that waiting period as much as possible :)

Happy hunting everyone!

Thank you for the honor, Fabian! I'll follow tradition and maintain honor for this prestigious position. 👍

To the participants in the Other Level 85 Areas category:

When sending your progress reports and final results, I recommend you email me to guarantee I receive your updates. I'll do my best to keep a few slots open in my PM box for an emergency.

You can reach me at thereadmenace (at) gmail (dot) com

(note: that's read)

I'll repost this as the MFO nears. Thank you for your cooperation!

Starting a team of my own, PM if you have any interest.

Make sure you read Fabian's recent post, and other relevant ones above this!

Added myself to the team that shall not be named. Thanks for letting me on board Fabian, will do my best to measure up with the rest of the team. 👍

Quick question. How frequently should we be sending updates to the supervisors? Don't want to spam poor ThomH to death unless the rest of the Baal participants are doing the same 👅

I'll be updating Thomh on a per qualifier basis (ie. every couple of days), so please try to keep up with the pace. :) That, or you could just scrap the idea altogether, given how those pesky Kittens (PD) are (is) all but guaranteed to dominate the category regardless.

The supervisors can probably answer this themselves, but I think it's somewhat standard to post updates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (or Monday and Thursday maybe), or something like that. Again though, that's up to the supervisors.

@Pindlerunners:

You can send updates preferably by email to:

*redacted*

or via PM.

I plan to post 3 updates, first during Sunday night, second Wednesday evening and last on Friday evening (all GMT), but that depends how many updates I collect by that time and also if other supervisors will agree with these dates as it would be nice to post it in similar time.

@AT runners:

I am glad that I will look over this category once again beacuse it is my favourite one

so my mail is

mario (dot) babunek (at) seznam (dot) cz

As my updates I want to write it seems that dates which wrote sequana are good enough for me
so:

Sunday
Wednesday
Friday

I hope everything will be ok and all of you will sent me updates and especially results enough soon to make waiting period for overal results as short as possible :)

Yet another attempt to emulate RIP and beat all the sorceresses with a barb. :D

Adding myself to the Baal category.

I'm very interested in hearing what characters my fellow Baal-runners will be running with.

To get it started.
I'll be running with a lightningtrapper or a whirlerbarb - possibly both.
I'm currently leaning towards my trapper, not because she's the most efficient character but because I enjoy playing her the most.

I was planning on making one of VoX Dei's LF/CS/Fire Arrow with 'Faith' rogue type beasts, but never got around to it, so probably going to roll with a very low budget Blizzard/CL type (or something similar), just for old times sake.

Are you running /p1/p8/p3? Still looking for a definitive answer on whether /p1 all the way (which is as much as I can handle) is a disadvantage or not.

I'm doing /p1/p3/p1. I'm still debating if it's worth the extra ~10-15 seconds pr. run to keep it at /p3 for Baal himself.

At /p1 the waves die to fast for my barb to always get a chance to hork the unique. If it weren't for that I'd be doing /p1.

My trapper doesn't notice any difference between /p1 and /p3 for the waves, but a huge difference between /p1 and /p3 Baal. She probably could do /p1/p8/p1 just fine, there'd be massive differences in runtimes when I get some unbreakable LI's at /p8 waves though, so I won't bother with that.

When I signed up I figured I'd be using my old Blizzard/Lightning sorc but ultimately deicded that I wanted to try something different.

I've got my Lightning sorc who will most likely be my primary runner (nothing special, I know), but I also plan to break out my Frenzy Barb and Lightning Trapper if I feel like mixing it up. I may just keep everything at p3 the whole time since I have a problem with forgetting to switch the players setting anyways. For the Trapper and Frenzy Barb it'll most likely be strictly p1.

Made a new light sorc specifically for this MFO. She's at clvl 90 now and ready to rock this MFO. Sporting 341% mf, decent resists, and a solid merc, I expect a pretty good showing out of her. I'm still debating on what psettings to run at. She handles p1/p8/p3 just fine other than LI Lister. So far, I've been just luring him out of the throne room and then killing Baal. I may for the sake of the MFO run at pure p3 and let the merc do the killing of LI Lister's. He's currently sporting Infinity/Fort/RjoF-Andy's so he should be able to do it moderately quickly.

sequana said:
I plan to post 3 updates, first during Sunday night, second Wednesday evening and last on Friday evening (all GMT), but that depends how many updates I collect by that time and also if other supervisors will agree with these dates as it would be nice to post it in similar time.

I pointed out to Fabian that of the four supervisors, I'm very much west of everyone else. I believe I'm seven or eight hours behind you all. Posting updates on the days you suggest, seq, won't be a problem for me; posting at a similar time may prove more troublesome.

Sunday shouldn't be an issue. However, I believe in a best case scenario the earliest I'll be able to share updates is at 2300 GMT on both Wednesday and Friday.

This won't affect the MFO, of course. Just wanted to let everyone know that my updates may come a little later than the others. 👍

@TRM: Please don't trouble yourself about those times, I think something like half-day or few hours delay because of different time zones is perfectly alright, in fact I meant it like that :).

I will post updates on those days I mentioned and probably I will try to wait until deep night (in case I won't fall asleep because of exhaustion).

As for my new char, my sorc yesterday reached AT and even got a good map, the worse part is that she doesn't find any of the basic sorc items yet (like Harley,Viper, Oculus..). So I'm considering two options now: either be cool, push her to Meph, find her all MF gear in 2 days and win MFO with untwinked char or be less cool, move one of my fully equiped 1.12 char to 1.13 and win MFO in less stylish way 😁. No matter what, I'm going to enjoy this MFO as hell!!! :mua:

Officially joining the Pindle category ;)

Switching from Pindle+ to Baal category.

Attention Baal runners

I want to post an update on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday evening my time (GMT+1).

My e-mail is *redacted* or you can drop me a PM. You are ten people as of now, so my PM box might get full, but I`ll try to stay on top of it:)

Happy hunting everyone!

Switching from AT to Pindle+ category

Time is going to that moment we all are waiting for so I want to wish luck to everyone during their runs especially to my teammates from Alchemists on the way to victory

After some testing, decided to ignore throne while running Baal, so removing myself from other 85 areas.

Quick question here: if I decide to run lvl85 areas instead of AT is that allowed to run multiple targets on the same run (without save & exit)? I'd like to run the Pits, RoF, Chaos Sanctuary with a Fishy.

janooo said:
Quick question here: if I decide to run lvl85 areas instead of AT is that allowed to run multiple targets on the same run (without save & exit)? I'd like to run the Pits, RoF, Chaos Sanctuary with a Fishy.

Obviously Fabian is the boss here so you'll only get the definitive answer from him, but yes, you are allowed to run any/all lvl85 areas you want, it doesn't have to be on the same run, and you can even switch characters if you like.

Can't leave Denton at the bottom of the table. :)

jemapellealizee - I've found and linked your trade profile to the above post. Reading your profile, I think you're vanilla but please confirm that because this tournament has prizes claimable.

I would like to wish good luck to all the other people in the Pindle category. Also, in advace, let me congratulate the yet unknown best of you to a wonderful second place.

Gogogo Alchemists!

Zaliqaiisright.jpg

2 hours left until I can start. Seven Harry Potter audio books downloaded and ready to go (won't finish them all, 117 hours :)). Good luck everyone!

Out of curiosity, are you going to fill out the teams? nulio's team is missing an area runner, and there's enough remaining for another team on top of that.

Anyway, good luck to everyone, but especially all KITTENS!

Baal category can rest easy for a few days, since I won't be running until Tuesday evening. 😉

Thanks Fabian, 117 hours, that's good information to know. Also thanks for running with this comp, its my favorites and a great tradition. Hopefully next time I'll be able to take another shot at that elusive MFO victory.

Good luck everyone!

Two hours left here.

Good luck everyone. Team Casual will win! Why? We're casual!

Good luck to everyone, particularly those going head-to-head with my Noxious Necro. I wish you all a lively, spirited competition for second place. :whistling:

And a special good wishes to all those cute, cuddly, and sometimes clawing members of Team Kittens! 💫

Just confirming my place on the most relaxed of teams :)

I would like to wish everyone luck as well. I will be hitting the hay early tonight so that I may get up at midnight and begin running. I will be leaving Sunday afternoon and won't be back until Tuesday evening. I will be loading my runner and the mfo stash on my laptop and taking it with me in case of some downtime during our stay at "The Greatwolf Lodge" in Grapevine, Tx. Kids will be frolicking in the indoor waterpark, while I try my best impersonation of a guy relaxing.

@Nagisa - No they can't relax, I'm winning this category this time. Bank on it! As a matter of fact, I'm willing to put up 100 pgems to anyone wanting to take a bet that I win!!! Any takers? ;-)

Sorry, but had to correct the team name.

Damn, I've lost 20 seconds already so I'll keep the rest short.

Good luck all and GOGO Team Kittens!!!

Filling our missing area runner spot.

First nice qualifier after 20 minutes of playing, not a bad start.

Good luck to all, you will need it :girly:.

I'm jealous. You're finding nice qualifiers while I'm sitting here, counting down the hours until I can actually start running. :rant:

The best of luck to all participants, especially my fellow AT people!

(c'mon, good karma!!)

Bah, Karma.. who needs that TRM? This is a competition and all the competitions I've ever been a participant in involved trash talking!!! (Maybe it's just me? Might be time for some self-reflection...)

Either way, GO GO Team Kittens!!! 4 hours and 11 minutes until I begin. Time for a quick nap!!!

I would love to join, but the house is in through next Friday. I.e., I couldn't run very much. However, I will run he snot out of the pits...in support of all of those who are sacrificing valentines day shopping to find legEndary isenharts case treasure trove. Good luck all!
Kefka

Already missed the first 8 hours of the MFO (sleep) and will miss the next 8, too (work). I cal it: "giving my fellow AT runners a head start" - you know that I will easily beat you to it at the finish line:evil2:

Good luck to my fellow teammates! 👍

Well 45 minutes and 120 runs into pindle so far. All I can do for the night with work tomorrow, but 3 qualifiers so far, 1 nice one and 2 placeholders, hopefully. Good luck to all those running through the night!

Only 2 more classes and I think about 1 hour of present shopping and then it's pindle-spanking time, don't steal all the good droppings :D

sequana said:
First nice qualifier after 20 minutes of playing, not a bad start.

Good luck to all, you will need it :girly:.

Why are you wasting time by writing here when you should playing? :p
(grats for nice qualifier in other words)

take example from skiffcz which can not post, go sleep and take any food, first he must find a Tyrael , I did not care about his stupid excuses that he is running pindle :D

jemapellealizee said:
don't steal all the good droppings :D

I'm not sure if you intended it this way, but this was pretty funny. For those who are not sure what I mean, see where this redirects:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droppings

In the end I opted for a Christopher Hitchens playlist from Youtube to keep me entertained. I decided to sleep last night and hit the coffee hard today, so I'm already 9 hours behind ! I haven't pulled an allnighter in a while, feeling out of shape :) Will see how it goes tonight.

Good luck to all. May all your drops be blue and white.

Abysmal turn of events here. One of my colleagues have a kid who has turned into a crying machine and his wife has had it, so my esteemed colleague has to share the burden. Which in turn leaves me with a ****-ton of work during the weekend. On top of that I have to go on a trip from monday to wednesday, leaving me with 4 days of actual running.

Congratulations to the winner in the other lvl85 category, it sure won`t be me. I`ll hopefully manage to do 30 hours, but I can`t promise anything more than that. Apologies to my team, hopefully you`ll be just as lazy as I am:)

bassano said:
Why are you wasting time by writing here when you should playing? :p
(grats for nice qualifier in other words)

take example from skiffcz which can not post, go sleep and take any food, first he must find a Tyrael , I did not care about his stupid excuses that he is running pindle :D

I have seen two of these drop so far, but I left them on the ground, since they are not in the qualifiers list. Useless crap. :coffee:

Managed 100 runs so far this morning. Have 12 qualifiers to show for it so far and a couple pretty nice ones.

Non-qualifier highlight:

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x56e345aa
Item Level: 99
Version: Expansion 1.10+
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+4% to Fire Skill Damage

No runs yet. At this point, not sure if I'm going to get any done at all, unless my computer decides to cooperate with me and start effing working now :(

My plan was to run some hours in the first night, and 15min before starting I got a templar's, a good way to give energy for the MFO, but then I died just the minute before. Got me sad and decided to watch a movie instead. So also giving a head-start to you all :p

What? You guys are already running? Well, if you need 5 mins for an AT run, I can understand that...I'll do my 10000 runs in 25 hours - at most, so no need to stress myself already. Meanwhile, I'm at work earning money.

@skiffcz: Fun fact: while levelling my FrostNova sorc yesterday at Pindle's, the first drop was a Set Corona? Want to have it?

I see some of you have already got a good start.. That's good. I've only got about 60 runs in so far, but I can already tell that it's going to get ugly. For you. :mua:

Grisu said:
Meanwhile, I'm at work earning money.

I'm at work, earning (a little) money..... and running the tunnels like mad. I love conference calls...

Lots of low qualifiers, nothing exciting yet.

At work for first half of day, but I'm sneaking out around lunchtime :D. I'll be hitting the Tunnels hard this afternoon, at a 3-4 hours worth.

Got started at midnight for a brief stint, picked up again in the morning... been slow going so far. My run times are about double what an experienced runner on an optimized map will put up, but for my first hour of serious AT running in my D2 career it's not terrible. Several worthless qualifiers and one reasonable non-qualifier:

Code:
Ocher Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x43a7f21a
+16 to Life
Lightning Resist +7%
Not perfect, but useful.

Edit: Almost forgot, also snagged one of my last 4 exceptional grailers

another 50 runs down. 2 more improvements to my top5. nothing to write home about, but steady progress. Back to the grind!

According to ATMA, my 3 rarest finds so far are all TC3s. Grrr...

Was out late last night, going out today, going out tomorrow, then work Monday - Friday.

Won't be able to run as much as I'd like, but hey, why can't 5 Stormlashes drop on my first 5 runs :whistling:

EDIT

Look got my first one already :D

200 baal runs down. i am tired and a little disappointed :p

LiquidClear said:
i am tired and a little disappointed :p

You just described my every day life. :D

Once midnight hit early this morning I ran for about an hour. One qualifier; better than an IK maul, worse than... pretty much everything else. The Rixot's, while a grailer, wasn't exactly the best consolation prize.

Tonight WILL provide better results. I DEMAND IT!!

425 runs in to Pindle, and he has provided some nice results thus far. I had better win this category, because I just got something I know is going to get snatched up if I don't :)

130 AT runs today, netting a couple above average qualifiers, one of which was a first for me. All in all, not bad for the first day. Off tomorrow, will try to get some more runs in on Sunday.

-PP

12 hours 27 minutes of running today since midnight. 235 Baal Runs and hit clvl 94. Still some 2 and a half hours until midnight tonight to get more!!! Must get caffeine!!!

Mmm, caffeine... I've done a good number of runs (for me, anyway) but the results are somewhat lackluster. Off to Starbucks to get the biggest cup of coffee I can with a shot of espresso or three. :dopey:

edit: I realized all too late that I ordered a cold, blended drink instead of a nice warm cup o' joe. Brrrr. Bad night for ice in m' mouth. At least I'll be nursing it for a while... can't have a caffeine crash if I'm sipping on it all night!

Time to load up pandora and get some house beats rollin'!

Well only about 30 runs in today but 3 qualifiers. Can't do much tomorrow but tons of runs to be done on sunday

50km of cross-country skiing done today, I am tired but ready back to work after holidays beacuse from tomorrow I am going to pit so spoons will fly and qualifiers will spawn from bosspacks :)

and btw. tomorrow evening I will post first update cca at 22:00 CET so who want to know his actual position you have time up to late tomorrow evening for that

I will now summarize today's running in the form of music. It's in Swedish, but don't worry, I'll translate:

Click me

Now click me

..And me

Did you listen to that? Good. Here's the meaning of the words:

Nothing at all
First came nothing at all
Then came nothing at all
Then came nothing at all

I'm with Fabian. Nothing today. Not runes, not qualifiers, not non qualifiers. At least Harry Potter is interesting to listen :p (but my run times are 8% slower on average with me listening it :D)

Yay! The forums work again! Time to brag about my 5 Tyrael's I found... 😉 Will send my first update tomorrow evening!

Baal running started in earnest today (after yesterday was my pre-running chores). Qualifiers were few, but definitely one boom moment. A grailer and a almost guaranteed top 5.

Did around 130 runs yesterday, and 100 today in AT (/P3). 19 qualifiers so far (including two grailers), none of them really outstanding though. Highest rune is Lem, and the non-qualifiers are also crap. Hopefully some improvement will come tomorrow..

11.5 hours and ~675 runs done so far with more to come later tonight. After that time, I have a total of 25 qualifiers, and I don't want a single one of them to be in my top five. Gotta take a break... I'm starting to growl and curse in guttural tones. :coffee:

@Other aLvl85+ Area Runners:

I'll be posting an update for player rankings in ~24 hours, so be sure to send me an email with your current top five scoring items if you want to be included.

PLEASE include your SPF handle in your email; I'd hate to have to guess who is who. Thanks!

thereadmenace (at) gmail (dot) com

I did a lot of running on Day 1, ending the last hour with a nice item that will be a good candidate for my top five. Day 2 has so far been devoted to a funeral for a close family friend and all the preparations for that, etc. I will try to get some running in tonight after the dinner. Sending in my first update now!

...and I am also listening to Harry Potter. How many of us are there? :p

Go go go Team Kittens!!!

366 Baal Runs, 19:57 total time spent so far. 63 qualifiers. None of the top5 better be in the top 5 when I am done. Highest rune is still Mal. Next 3 days will be pretty full and hard for me to get any significant running done. Taking a break to get some dinner down and rest the eyes/wrist. Then it's back to the grind!!!

Go Go Team Kittens!!!

The MFO has claimed its first casualty! RIP Rydia, level 94 lightning sorceress. Playing hardcore when tired and lazy has its problems, who knew? Never fear though, I will continue running with a far less cookie cutter character :)

Have always had bad luck at getting stuff to drop on this game and I think it's showing for me currently lol. 400 AT runs down only 14 qualifiers and none of them are worth writing home about. Oh well just hoping it'll kind of all even out for me. Well, here's to hoping lol

Yeah, so like I was going to sign up along with Aman, Dash, and Ray. But then we forgot to. Oh well, I guess it's more fair this way if we let someone else win.

LiquidClear said:
RIP Rydia, level 94 lightning sorceress.

Sorry for your loss. :( Glad to hear you're going to keep at it though, and good luck the rest of the way!

Paradigmshift said:
Go Go Team Kittens!!!

A thousand times this. :) Not that I'm contributing at all.

(No update will come from me, category supervisor.)

Blech. A few hundred AT runs, which is more than I had thought I'd get in by this point. Qualifiers? 3. 3 crappy ones. I'm back to hating the stupid RNG of this stupid game.

Edit:

I think I agree that whining is the best way to get kewl stuff in this game. After the pity-fest above, I got two more qualifiers, one of which I wouldn't mind having in my top 5, as well as these:
Code:
Gul Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Helms: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Required Level: 53

Burning Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x977bbb7d
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

And, the best of all:

Entrapping Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xc2fa0900
+39 to Life
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Roughly 1600 pindle runs in so far. The first 600 were awesome and yielded a couple of nice qualifiers and quite a few grailers. The last 1000 have been a classic pindle dry spell, netting only one qualifier in my current top 5. I think I will start out with another target in the morning to try and break the curse before heading back to pindle. Maybe Thresh has it coming :)

Done for the night myself. Fifteen hours, ~890 runs, and 32 qualifiers. I finally found something that wouldn't upset me if it remained in my top five. After this weekend, my time to do runs will be rather hamstringed, so I gotta take advantage of Sunday as best I can.

(Stoopid work) :p

Sent my update to bassano. Can't wait to see how everyone's faring!

Baal runners

I will post an update in 13 hours, so be sure to send me your results by then if you want to know how you`re doing.

--------------------------------------------

As for my own running, I`ve already wasted enough time writing this post.

While searching for someone to send my update to I found someone asking if I was vanilla, I suppose I am. I'm only using atma 5 and don't trade.

Haven't found a qualifier yet, but I'd be disapointed if it kept that way so you all beware :p

Glad to see everyone getting a jump on me :D. I'll be starting my running tonight. I apologize now because I cannot send an update until Wednesday at the earliest because I have no internet at my apartment.

LANs are over and I can finally play again. Time to start the real running. :)

I've been running pretty hard the last three days. Day one gave me a couple of nice qualifiers, but since then they've been hard to find. Non-qualifiers include a Sur and a couple of nice charms:

Code:
Amber Small Charm of Sustenance 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 32 
Fingerprint: 0x271d831e 
+13 to Life 
Lightning Resist +10%

Sapphire Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x127a92e0 
Item Level: 85 
+19 to Life 
Cold Resist +11%

GO Team Kittens!!!

Sent my first update. Now back to running. Best non-qualifiers so far (that I can recall) have been an 11/7 PR/MF Small Charm, and a perfect Poison Facet. Also a Sur.

Code:
Titan's Revenge
Matriarchal Javelin
Throw Damage: 159 to 305
One-Hand Damage: 141 to 258
Quantity: 140
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 141
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 55
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xe93018dc
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+158% Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
Required Level +7
30% Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Only non-qualifier worth mentioning. Already upped, replenished and added to my zon's arsenal :)
One nice new qualifier, top 5, but not really lot of point-giving. Didn't even increase my overall score for one whole point :(

Sent my update some time ago and I'm curious how are things looking in my category...

Update sent.

Today was terrible day, my improvement was exactly 0 points :(. After 900+ runs I would expect much more in total.

Best non-qualifiers so far:
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf5a392dc
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

[URL="http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5231/ohmj.jpg"]Ohm Rune[/URL]

Weapons: +50% Enhanced Damage
Helms: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Required Level: 57

So promised update in AT category from members who just sent me that

if someone will sent me it today later, I will write him to list by editing post

1. jimsfriends
2. zaliqai
3. sequana
4. grisu
5. TheReadMenace
6. janooo
7. bcoe
8. poopie_pants
9. Atroz
10. Nualum
11. Icbat

Scores are very nice according to fact that it is only very small part done yet and they are quite close and it is still lot of order questions to decide so do not worry if your name is not at top of table and run and run

as my running I did several hours for now and I am very nice surprised, effectivity of my luck is pretty nice for now
I sent update to TheReadMenace and I am going to run up to while I will fall sleep on keyboard

edit: btw. that harry potter make me crazy beacuse yesterday before sleeping I read 10 pages from that book and I was not able sleep all night beacuse I had nightmares from that :p

gogogogoogo As Of Yet Unnamed Team! Awesome jimsfriend :D

Apparently this started. :O

Sent an update in just to keep the bottom place warm. :D

I'm aiming for last - I mean 98 - but we'll see how it goes. Lousy drops so far, and no even any decent runes. Oh well.

Update sent.

Im pretty sure I hit 3k mark today, but I dont count runs - I play on both my laptop and desktop and also it would only distract me from the main goal.

I am satisfied with my top 5 (at least the first two), but I hope to get them ALL replaced until the end.

Best non qualifiers: I dont pick anything not on the list. Highest rune left on ground so far - Gul.

Good night - and good luck :)

Update sent, nothing to write home about.

Sent update, one decent item.

SPOILER ALERT: Harry Potter is a wizard. :D

I got updates from all the Other Level 85+ Areas runners, and the results are:

1. scrcw
2. bassano
3. jdkerr
4. Fabian
5. zarqu
6. Thomh
7. Kimppi

There are some close scores among them. It's still very early and there's always room for improvement, so keep it up everyone!!

I've found a couple items that improved my score a little in the few runs I've done today. I gotta take a nap, but I'll be back at it later tonight.

skiffcz said:
Update sent.

Im pretty sure I hit 3k mark today

great job mate 👍

skiffcz said:
Best non qualifiers: I dont pick anything not on the list.

Agree, it is waste of time :)

I can't help but pick up a few extra things... stuff like charms and RW bases, plus I'm still missing a few high end items from the Scavenger tourney. I'm also missing a small handful of normal/exceptional S/Us.

I did find this earlier today. I saw it, moved past it, was about to S&E, but then went back for it. I'm glad I did.

Code:
Hone Sundan
Yari
Two Hand Damage: 146 - 298
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 91
Fingerprint: 0xeadc59c8
194% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 40 Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
Ethereal
3 Sockets (0 used)

Eth, pretty great ED roll. Wish my good luck was in the form of qualifiers instead.

Results from Pindle+ area:

1. frozzzen
2. sasspire
3. skiffcz
4. jDer
5. Rummski
6. Mungo
7. pwangsta

How to comment your results guys? Let's say that mostly there are rather big steps, but yes, I said mostly. It's clear that the tough fight is about to start. Keep going 👍.

(If I receive some more updates during night, I will edit this post tomorrow morning.)

Well, I think I'm dropping out. I'll have very little time to run, and my computer continues to give me fits. Since I started out, though, I'll make my qualifiers available to any winner who wants to pick them.

bassano (and other AT runners) please note that these items are now part of the available prize pool, albeit at the bottom end :p :

Code:
Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 514
Chance to Block:  30%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 11 of 11
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 85
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x43c9832c
+134% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
20% Faster Run/Walk
15% Chance to cast Level 3 Terror when struck
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 45 to 189
Required Dexterity: 121
Required Strength: 97
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x70f379c8
+25 to Dexterity
+200% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
Ignore Target Defense
+2% to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+6 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 111 to 223
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xeae6de39
+238% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (3: 0 used)

The Reaper's Toll
Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 40 to 479
Durability: 63 of 65
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 75
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x31b79b81
+240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4-44 cold damage over 0 seconds
15% Life stolen per hit
Requirements -25%
Ignore Target Defense
33% Deadly Strike
33% Chance to cast Level 1 Decrepify on striking

Naj's Light Plate
Hellforge Plate
Defense: 745
Durability: 43 of 60
Required Strength: 78
Required Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xb15c405b
+65 to Life
+300 Defense
All Resistances +25
Requirements -60%
45% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
+1 to All Skill Levels

Those are the only 5 qualifiers I came across :(

Results from Baal

Ojimijam
LiquidClear
LD50
Paradigmshift
Nubikoen
Thyiad
Nulio

Number one and two are incredibly close, while there is a step down to the rest, which are all very close to each other. The difference up to the top two isn`t too great, so you guys better keep on running:)

Took the day off work to Pindle, haven't done any runs so far.

Will hopefully have a worthy update to send by tonight.

:doh:

I just clicked Nightmare. My AT map is gone. I tried to force quit through Task Manager, but it wouldn't let me. Dang.

Maybe a change of scenery will also change my drops, but first I need to find a suitable replacement map. Not the best of times to learn a new area, smack dab in the middle of a competition...

TheReadMenace said:

I just clicked Nightmare. My AT map is gone. I tried to force quit through Task Manager, but it wouldn't let me. Dang.

Maybe a change of scenery will also change my drops, but first I need to find a suitable replacement map. Not the best of times to learn a new area, smack dab in the middle of a competition...

Thank god I am running Pindle because I have done that 7+ times today. It did wipe out my wonderfully awesome Meph and LK maps, but that's alright, those are easier to get back. Sorry RTM :(

LiquidClear said:
The MFO has claimed its first casualty! RIP Rydia, level 94 lightning sorceress. Playing hardcore when tired and lazy has its problems, who knew? Never fear though, I will continue running with a far less cookie cutter character :)
Sorry for your loss! Hope you have better luck with your next character 👍
TheReadMenace said:

If you're running Win7: I have the same problem when I want to shut down the game through task manager. Clicking "show processes of all users" (or whatever it is called in English) on the left bottom of the Task Manager and then force shut down of Game.exe usually does the trick for me. Sorry to hear it's already to late for that :-/

I thought my javazon could gain some exp in this MFO, but i guess not.. Dying at lvl 96 isn't fun :banghead:. Good thing i had her leveled up before MFO but still 8% exp is something. Have to be careful this time.

Already done 700+ run for today and still counting. Hoping to do that 1500 run this day to catch up with frozzen :badteeth:

Thomh said:
Ojimijam
LiquidClear
LD50
Paradigmshift
Nubikoen
Thyiad
Nulio

Are those tabs after the names where the scores use to sit? *hide*

On a more serious note, start carrying your weight, PD. :badteeth: As agreed upon, I'll actually start running (next weekend) since you aren't dominating the field...

Seriously. Must I do everything? /[de-]motivational

Seeing the second place motivated me to run harder... but it's been a very long time since my top 5 has changed and I'm getting discouraged... must... keep... going...

I do have to say that Baal definitely isn't the category for anyone who wants to maximize their findings; Baal is a stingy customer!

1250 runs for today with few change in my top 5.. hoping to do more tommorow..

Interesting non qualifier.

Gnarled Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 4 to 12
Durability: 20 of 35
Required Level: 24
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa259e032
+3 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead
Socketed (4: 0 used)

NagisaFurukawa said:
Are those tabs after the names where the scores use to sit? *hide*

lol, I had to check my text document to see, but luckily you can`t read anything from it. I aligned them in a separate coloumn so every tab should be equally big.

You catch everything, though, I better be careful:)

Muahahaha!

Code:
Knell Striker
Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 18
Durability: 27 of 50
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 5
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa5268543
+15 to Mana
+71% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
150% Damage to Undead
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

And that completes last item that I never found :D Now I'm gonna grab a beer to celebrate :)
1000 runs done today since I was let out of school a bit earlier then expected. Sadly not a single point of improvement :(

Congrats frozzzen!!

I had a bad weekend RL, which led to an even worse weekend for D2. With less than 6 hours logged, it's not been an MFO worthy level of effort, and the results have matched. Not throwing in the towel just yet though... after all, nowhere to go but up at this point.

Sent a late first update to bassano, hopefully will get back on track for update #2

Hey frozzzen, and to all other pindle runners, just curious as to what /p setting you run at? I was running at /p3, but have dropped down to /p1 for the last 800 runs or so.

I am totally tired, quite 10 hours of running today(about 450 pits) caused me problems
I am prolly just old for this
At least I found another nice qualifier which will be counted in final score

And it is nice to see how half of players logged on SPF in this late hour (at least in europe) are MFO players :)

@sasspire: i'm usually running in p3 with my javazon since LI pindy hurt badly in higher players setting.

400 runs already and counting, really happy with the improvement of my top 5.

My Mac has developed serious graphics issues, so I'm out of the MFO :(
I did a few runs, but without any qualifiers.

It is almost seven years old, but after two hard drives, one RAM upgrade and one OS upgrade, I think it is time to say goodbye. The graphics issues are sporadic, but it was so bad on Saturday that I couldn't tell what colour the drops were - pretty important in an MFO.

Hopefully I can keep it limping on for a month or two, but it is all pointing to a new computer. Good news is that Apple are expected to upgrade the MacBook Pros at the beginning of March.

Good luck everyone who is still running.

@smokee: G4 to Intel Mac? Thats what I plan to do :p

@maxicek: time to upgrade to a real computer :)

Hit clvl93 on my Light Sorc.

Pindle is a firetrucking firetruck.

That is all.

@maxicek, let's hit smokeeblade for his blasphemy!

I'm also looking forward to the update of both MBA13" and MBP13" before choosing one or another, but their upgrade might not come as soon as the bigger MBP.

Baal is not being very cooperative, I hope my results get much better in the next days.

died again :weep:

1450 runs for today, few adjustment in my top 5. All in all a nice day except for that unexpected death.

I'm running on p1, and when I die I switch to p8 to get lost xp faster. I didn't die so far on p8 so it's good strategy for now. I'm 1600 runs behind my schedule, and I won't have too much time those days sadly. Hope to squeeze some runs today.

As for score, it barely nudged from first update so probably won't bother to send it this time if I don't get at least one decent qualifier.

I just hope that running with barb will get payed once with hork that so far didn't produce any decent results :(

Congratulations on completing the grail, Frozzen. I`m very envious of you!

Pits has been terrible for me. I`ve actually managed to quite a lot of runs during my work trip and the weekend, but it sure doesn`t pay of like last MFO. My score has barely improved, but it isn`t terrible by any means even though my position in the score table implies it. The real problem is that I keep on finding the same bloody decent scorers over and over and over while all the top scorers are eluding me. So far I`ve only found four items of interest, and none of them are qualifiers. I`ll post readouts and screenies of the interesting stuff after the MFO is done, just to keep this thread interesting while we`re in the dark age between last run and when the scores are presented:)

I`ll keep on killing Archers until they decide to cough up something better than blood, though. Don`t feel safe at the top, Scrcrw:)

I won't feel safe until the results thread is up. :) I have no plans to stop running anytime soon. My version of a Telezerker is working out really well. Most importantly it's still lots of fun to play.

At the moment my MFO stash contains 107 qualifiers (with several IK Mauls etc. left on the ground) - 70 (out of 128) different qualifiers. I'm hoping to grail the first 64 qualifiers on the list. 👍

The most interesting non-qualifiers so far are Metalgrid and two Fal runes...

edit: Congrats on the grail, frozzzen! Awesome.

Congrats on the grail Frozzen! Fun that it was a TC3...

This MFO has been incredibly productive from a TC3/rune/charm standpoint for me. So far Sander's Paragon, Tancred's Hobnails, Death's gloves and sash, Vidalias armor, Rixot's keen, gull. Also Jah, Sur, 2x Vex, Ist, Mal. Plenty of nice charms (sparking GC of vita best).

If only my TC87 luck was so good...

I took (almost) the entire day off yesterday from lack of motivation, wrist hurting, and birthday party stuff. Today, I'm back, but it sure sounds like I need to get lucky soon if I'm to catch scrcrw and bassano.

On another note, I was looking around in ATMA's drop calculator, and I noticed that the 4 rarest base items to drop from a Pit Boss is Vortex Shield, Guardian Crown, Dream Spirit and Bloodlord Skull, even rarer than the Archon Staff/Caduceus/Unearthed Wand/Dimensional Shard pack. What is it, then, that makes Griswold's Honor worth fewer points than Griswold's Redemption, and Darkforce Spawn worth fewer points than Death's Web (but more than Death's Fathom)? I realized I don't really understand the drop process well enough to answer this myself without hours of reading and rereading the Item Generation Tutorial, so I figured I'd just ask here and have someone more knowledgable explain it :)

And while I'm at it, how many points would a Unique Vortex Shield be worth if it existed? :)

Code:
Hailstone Badge 
Vortex Shield 
Defense: 524 
Chance to Block: 0 
[b]Durability: 159 of 255[/b]
Required Level: 66 
Required Strength: 148 
Fingerprint: 0x1062e7fc 
[b]Item Level: **[/b]
+132% Enhanced Defense 
All Resistances +5 
Damage Reduced by 7 
Magic Damage Reduced by 3 
Level 6 Zeal (16/52 Charges)

Edit: Kinda weird that it says Chance to Block 0, I assume it's some display error on GoMules part?

No qualifiers yet :( Leveled 3 levels though. Hope everyone else has better luck!

@Fabian:
I do not believe in ATMA dropcalc at all in this cases
beacuse statistic of MFO´s say something else and it is enough big sample to say that

unique vortex shield would be worth points in ration (27.8 unique caduceus/11.3 green caduceus)*9.8 at least I think so 24.1 points cca
same result should be 10.7/4.3*9.8 (this is 24.4)
SO I am not sure at all :)
but close to 25

I think I have about 11 hours invested over the past two days. Had a rather good drop last night, but I think I need 2 or 3 more to really be competitive. Aiming to add another 18 hours of running over the next 3 days to finish up. Unfortunately I need to stop running Thursday night. I think luck will need to be on my side to get a win out of this :p. I suppose a low estimate at my total runs for the entire MFO will about around 3500. Pretty low compared to most runners if I had to guess. I'll do my best to get updates in, but still no internet at my apartment. Hopefully tomorrow it will be hooked up.

Still woefully low on time and run count, but finally started to see qualifiers again after a depressing draught. Having said that, I can't help but feel i'm "wasting" my luck on stuff like this:

Code:
Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xc0f5637a
[b]+20 to Dexterity[/b]
+40 to Mana
[b]+250 to Attack Rating[/b]
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Wasting luck, eh?

Code:
Metalgrid 
Amulet 
Required Level: 81 
Fingerprint: 0x608aa0f4 
+438 to Attack Rating 
+318 Defense 
All Resistances +27 
Level 12 Iron Maiden (20/20 Charges) 
Level 22 Iron Golem (9/11 Charges) 

Felloak 
Club 
One Hand Damage: 1 - 10 
Durability: 16 of 24 
Required Level: 3 
Fingerprint: 0xdfd2aa7a 
80% Enhanced Damage 
+150% Damage to Undead 
Adds 6 - 8 Fire Damage 
Knockback 
Lightning Resist +60% 
Fire Resist +20% 

Biggin's Bonnet 
Cap 
Defense: 18 
Durability: 9 of 12 
Required Level: 3 
Fingerprint: 0x596f60fb 
Unidentified 
30% Enhanced Damage 
+30 to Attack Rating 
+14 Defense 
+15 to Life 
+15 to Mana

Code:
[b]1 : 154568    Metalgrid - {qlvl 85}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}
1 : 142427    Biggin's Bonnet - {qlvl 4}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}[/b]
1 : 135242    Stormlash - {qlvl 86}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}
1 : 110870    Death's Web - {qlvl 74}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}
[b]1 : 91560    Felloak - {qlvl 4}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}[/b]
1 : 76840    Darkforce Spawn - {qlvl 72}    Pit Level 1 - {mlvl **}

Thomh said:
The real problem is that I keep on finding the same bloody decent scorers over and over and over while all the top scorers are eluding me. So far I`ve only found four items of interest, and none of them are qualifiers.

Welcome to my world. :p

Anyway, ruined my sleeping schedule to knock off the first 100 runs. Found my everyday, but nothing special. More later this week, but the 3:00 run times are making me rather uncompetitive in any case.

EDIT: Only 3 or 4 such items, Fabian? That's nothing to complain about, really.

AT runners

another update is going to be posted aproximatelly 24 hours from now
so I am expecting e-mails :)

Good going everyone :)

Apart from the hundred or so tc87's :whistling:, this just might be the high moment of the MFO for me...

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xfcbacbaa
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

bassano said:
AT runners

another update is going to be posted aproximatelly 24 hours from now
so I am expecting e-mails :)

Same here, except replace AT Runners with Other Level 85+ Areas.

I'm sending my update to bassano as soon as I've finished here. I'm busy tonight, so I won't get any runs in between now and when his update is posted.

On a side note, I wished my fellow AT runners luck at the start of the tournament. Since my drops have been pretty terrible so far, I'm changing tack...

May you all have terrible, horrible, awful luck!!! 😉

Almost no time to run yesterday or today, but squeezed in a few runs this morning and was rewarded with a very slight improvement in score. I'll try to get some action in tonight, then send off my update before bed.

Go go Team Kittens!!!

3300+ Pindle runs in the bag, and he is again on one of his incredibly stingy streaks. No upgrades on the top 5 in over 1000 runs. Will pick it back up tomorrow, hoping for better luck :)

After 1000+ Baal runs, this is the first decent non-qualifier I can think of.

Been at an indoor water park for the last 2 days with the wife and kids. So I've moved my runner and MFO stashes over to the laptop and have been running during some downtimes. Finally improved my top5 and have had some decent non-qualifiers drop here and there.

Here's a close to good item:

Code:
Soul Casque 
Circlet 
Defense: 27 
Durability: 25 of 35 
Required Level: 65 
Fingerprint: 0x2ddf22c4 
+1 to Druid Skill Levels 
8% Life stolen per hit 
+19 to Energy 
+54 to Life 
+83 to Mana 
All Resistances +20

The runs haven't much in quantity and i've died quite a bit since the laptop keys are difficult for me to hit. But at least I'm getting some runs in.

I _ need _ sleep. I have managed to push my two worst items from the list (they were a serious drag, so Im glad).

~4,5k runs, I wanted to end with 5 today, but I need break. Ill take full night sleep today and maybe day off tomorrow, depending on the results.

Good night losers and GOGO Alchemists!!

Damn squid, I meant to post this in the morning, but was prevented to so until now:(

Baal runners

Next update will be in 7 hours and I expect a lot of e-mails and/or PMs!

Mail is lillelab (at) hotmail (dot) com. I know it`s a drag to search for it in all the previous posts. I live only to serve:)

Had a Biggin's Bonnet drop last night from Pindle. That's right up there with Stormlash's odds. There goes my luck for the rest of my running :D.

I need to get a good drop or two tonight and tomorrow, otherwise I'm screwed. My score isn't horrendous, but it isn't top three worthy...

Just sent in an update to bassano with a reasonable score improvement. Not finding the grailers I'm hoping for though, but there are four days left. I wish there were no more days left though. Why the heck do I keep joining this thing? :ponder:

A couple non-qualifiers:
Code:
The Stone of Jordan 
Ring 
Fingerprint: 0x50072308 
+1 to All Skills 
+20 to Mana 

Serpent's Grand Charm of Vita 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xc767c557 
+39 to Life 
+55 to Mana

Mara's Kaleidoscope 
Amulet 
Required Level: 67 
Fingerprint: 0xa2d6834c 
+2 to All Skills 
All Stats +5 
All Resistances +27

today I am on 6 hours of running and I am looking for another 4 yet

update sent to TRM and going to run beacuse my score need to be repaired :)

and I just recieved half of 2nd update mails from AT runners so I am still waiting for some of them but i am going to post another update soon

Sent my 2nd update to bassano. Not much runs in the meantime, but some nice non-qualifiers:

Code:
Sur Rune 
Required Level: 61 
Weapons: Hit Blinds Target +1
Armor: Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Shields: +50 to Mana 

Um Rune 
Required Level: 47 
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15% 
Lightning Resist +15% 
Fire Resist +15% 
Poison Resist +15% 
Shields: Cold Resist +22% 
Lightning Resist +22% 
Fire Resist +22% 
Poison Resist +22% 

Hexing Grand Charm of Vita 
Grand Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xa11cf380 
Unidentified 
[B]+1 to Curses (Necromancer only) <-- well, there you find a Skiller of Vita...[/B] 
+39 to Life 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0xa67f5369 
Unidentified 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+4% to Fire Skill Damage

Sending an update to Thomh right about now.

Fabian said:
And while I'm at it, how many points would a Unique Vortex Shield be worth if it existed? :)
I don't know, but I can tell you that a set Vortex Shield is worth zero points, when it's dropped by a random Oblivion Knight in the Throne :p

Code:
Griswold's Honor 
Vortex Shield 
Defense: 311 
Chance to Block: 39 
Durability: 70 of 90 
Required Level: 68 
Required Strength: 148 
Fingerprint: 0xd2c9cfb 
Unidentified 
+65% Faster Block Rate 
20% Increased Chance of Blocking 
+108 Defense 
All Resistances +45 3 Sockets (0 used)

I didn't have time to run much last 2 days, so no improvement from me. But from tomorrow, I'm ready to die in AT. I'm afraid after this update I will fall down :(. Let's wait for Friday :).

I will post update in about one hour from now with possible editing in the morning according received updates.

AT 2nd update - Wednesday

1. zaliqai
2. jimsfriends
3. bcoe
4. janooo
5. grisu
6. TheReadMenace
7. sequana
8. poopie_pants
9. Nualum
10. Atroz
11. Icbat

There are some nice progresses from some players but noone can be sure with his position for now beacuse it is still about one item between large group of players on top of the table
Friday update will maybe say more but for now it is still open for everyone

good luck for everyone with next runs 👍

and gg alchemists, we will win and do not have any doubt about that :p

edit:
and if someone will send me actual update during next 12 hours, I will repair table

2nd update for Pindle+ category:

1. frozzzen
2. Rummski
3. skiffcz
4. smips
5. jDer
6. sasspire
7. smokeeblade
8. Mungo
9. pwangsta
10. jemappellealizee

Not everyone sent second update yet, but this is how it is now. The field is divided into 2 groups. First group of players is quite balanced and no one has it sure, the second group of players is also in a way balanced, but they need to jump to catch others.

There is still time to change the results completly and definitely there will be some nice results here.

[highlight]edit[/highlight]
Added two new updates which arrived during night. Smips managed to crowd into the stronger group, smokeeblade is somewhere in the middle.

[highlight]edit 2[/highlight]
Late 2nd update from Rummski showed that we have a dark horse there!

2nd update for Baal category:

1. LiquidClear
2. Ojimijam
3. LD50
4. Paradigmshift
5. NagisaFurukawa
6. Nubikoen
7. Nulio
8. Thyiad

Not everyone of these sent results this time, but I took the liberty of using monday`s scores to fill in the blanks. I`ll edit in any new scores I get during night time here.

The first three are quite close and so is the last five. There is a gap from Nagisa up to LD50, but we all know Baal; find one of the big TC87s and you are suddenly king of the MFO!

This is looking to be an exciting category and I look forward to Friday. Good luck all.

Edit: Paradigmshift completely ruined my hinting about the scores as he`s now in No Man`s Land between the top trio and the bottom four:)

No one post so we can get all four updates together! :p

2nd update for Other Level 85+ Areas:

1. scrcrw
2. bassano
3. jdkerr
4. zarqu
5. Fabian
6. Thomh
7. Kimppi

After the second update, there's very little change in the rankings. The bar was initially set quite high by scrcrw, and so far no one's been able to best that score. The individual to best improve their score since the first update was bassano; it's not enough points to take the lead, but he's getting closer. Fabian, though working hard, had the least improved score, thus dropping him a couple places in rank. There's a gap between the top scores and the rest of the pack, though there are a couple rankings that are decided by less than a full point. Still, we're barely past the halfway point, so one lucky drop can pull a drastic upset! Keep running your brains out, fellas!!

Also, if trends tell us anything, if you're going to participate in this category it's better to have an uncapitalized user name. Those with proper names should stay away. :badteeth:

As for me, I plan on running as hard as I can manage tonight. I have to make up for the lack of play time last night. The fact that I'm directly in the middle of the pack gives me hope that I still have a chance to get near the top. C'mon, high value qualifiers... I know you're out there!!

I've just sent in an update to Thomh. Sorry, but just walked through the door from our vacation and was only able to send the update now. Sorry for my tardiness and it won't happen again. Hopefully, this pulls me ahead of Nagisa at least!!!!

Oh dear, this doesn't look good for me.

Paradigmshift said:
Hopefully, this pulls me ahead of Nagisa at least!!!!

One could only hope so. We're posting the worst showing for our team, and there's flippin' two of us running. :badteeth:

So basically, two isn't better than one is what you are saying?

*checks his score*

*checks his score again, just to make sure*

Hey, I'm not last!

*dances a jig*

(Sorry, I've only had about 3 hours so far to do runs, so I was expecting to be very far in the basement :))

died twice yesterday. Funny thing is that she always die when she already have a few exp in her exp bar. Did about 1500 runs.

As for today, this seems to be a very good day for me. Just have to make sure no deaths today and this will be the best day in this MFO week for me.

Edit:

Non qualifiers from yesterday's run:

Code:
Blinkbat's Form
Leather Armor
Defense: 41
Durability: 20 of 24
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 12
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa57568aa
+25 Defense
+50 Defense vs. Missile
Adds 3-6 fire damage
10% Faster Run/Walk
40% Faster Hit Recovery

And this and after an hour this drop.

And a double qualifiers in 1 run.

Finally decided I had enough experience to judge that my AT map was crap. Right about now I'm wishing I had done it 10 hours ago... running into much better boss density, clearer battle grounds, and hopefully time will tell much faster run times.

:unimpressed: :steam: :banghead: :rant:

Something like five hours of runs, not a single worthwhile item. Nothing even close to good. What confidence I had earlier this evening has now disappeared completely. Bleh.

G'night.

Wow! 👍 I'd kill for that one! Literally (e.g. Skeleton packs etc.)

Wait - still 5th? That means most people are even worse than me? :crazyeyes: What are your top 5 then? 4x Laying of Hands and 1 IK Stone Crusher???
@bcoe: Nice to see you're in the top 3 - keep it up!

But today I will get some more runs in...I'm feeling a bit sick and will leave work early :)

EDIT @frozzen: Huge congrats on completing the grail! I hope to complete mine in this MFO, too ... (go go go Tyrael's, go!!!)

Manage to bag 1600 insane runs today. My finger and wrist are aching. No deaths, major improvement on my top 5. 6600 total runs so far. My 9k runs goal is within reach.

Huh, that's a pretty big surprise. I guess I should run tonight to try and improve my score :p. Unfortunately for me, tonight is that last night I'm available to play. And by the sounds of it, I just got bumped down to 4th ;).

I've officially burned myself out :(

Since there was not a single point of improvement in last +2500 runs all my good will to push it further has died more or less. I'll probably do some casual running but nothing competitive anymore. With that attitude I doubt that I'll find anything to add in my top 5 and it's high chance that some of you guys already took my spot 😉
GL to you in those last days, especially Kittens team 👍

EDIT: ofc this can be taken as official complain and we all know complaining in thread can help from time to time :D

Just sent my second update to Sequana. Slight improvement...

Here's hoping today is better than yesterday and I found no qualifiers in the 4 1/2 hours of run time I was able to get in...

Here we go Burnouts!

jDer said:
Manage to bag 1600 insane runs today. My finger and wrist are aching. No deaths, major improvement on my top 5. 6600 total runs so far. My 9k runs goal is within reach.

Hell will freeze before someone beats skiff in number of runs in MFO.

Grisu said:
Wait - still 5th? That means most people are even worse than me? :crazyeyes: What are your top 5 then? 4x Laying of Hands and 1 IK Stone Crusher???

How did you get your hands on my stash?!? :shocked:

Despite some slight improvements in luck I would be very embarassed if I have to show off my "haul" as it stands now :nervous:. I'll need to at least double my runcount over the final days to salvage any self respect.

Ok, so you remember the tc87-dropping Oblivion Knight from the Throne, right? Well, I'm getting a bit pissed at him... How about you give your stuff to Baal, so he can then drop these for me... :p

Code:
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 
Mythical Sword 
One Hand Damage: 120 - 150 
Durability: 32 of 44 
Required Level: 66 
Required Strength: 147 
Required Dexterity: 124 
Fingerprint: 0xf255c92c 
Unidentified 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
200% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames) 
+20 to Strength 
Fire Resist +50%

Send my final score to sequana, it was not very much :) I hope the rest of you had more luck.

Thanks for the organizers and see you next mfo :D

It is here again

3rd and last update is coming so 24 hours to send your score and I will post last standing before target we all are just several months expecting

good luck to everyone especially to sequana beaucse alchemist gg 👍

bassano said:
3rd and last update is coming so 24 hours to send your score

Same here.

And I hope frozzzen's theory about complaining actually comes true for me tonight. To potentially help myself: I hate you, ye gods of D2. :evil2:

EDIT: My verdict? Nope. In fact, my drops were even worse today.

I'd send an update to bassano, but there's no need. My score hasn't improved one iota. Like frozzzen, I think I'm done with serious running. I'll do some more casual runs over the weekend, but I'm done giving it my all. Completely demotivated after the last two days.

Best of luck to the AT runners, though most of you don't need it since you're already ahead of me. :rolleyes:

Have a new top5 item. Would like to drop my bottom 3 out of the top5 by the end of this thing. Highest rune is still Mal and that is very disappointing considering the amount of runs I'm at now.

Currently sitting at 568 runs on the counter on my desktop. I'm pretty sure I did another 100 or so while on vacation on the laptop which didn't have a run counter installed. Plenty of time to improve my score and what with my Mom picking up all 3 of my children for the weekend, there will be some serious running going on. So that means you other Baal runners better keep your head down because I am coming for ya!!!!

Looks like I missed the sign up this time around :D but I likely would not have had time to do many/any runs anyways. Last MFO I competed against Team SLOWMG, but this time I may end up cheering for them. 😁

Next update in the Baal category will be in 14 hours. Send your list of precious items to lillelab (at) hotmail (dot) com.

@skiffcz: its Winter MFO so Hell is freezing right now :badteeth:

Sending my update right now. 8260 total runs so far,dont if i can squeeze myself onto that 10k but i'll try.

Whoa! I was expecting to move up, but not that much! Another slight improvement yesterday. I'll send a third update this afternoon or evening...

Couple non-qualifiers that I wish would have been something else from their odds range

Code:
Tancred's Hobnails 
Boots 
Defense: 3 
Durability: 9 of 12 
Required Level: 20 
Fingerprint: 0xed99c421 
Unidentified 
+10 to Dexterity 
Heal Stamina Plus 25% Set 
(2 items): +30% Faster Run/Walk Set 
(3 items): +10 to Strength

Seraph's Hymn 
Amulet 
Fingerprint: 0x78f430bc 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 
+34% Damage to Demons 
+229 to Attack Rating against Demons 
+34% Damage to Undead 
+189 to Attack Rating against Undead 
+2 to Light Radius

Great to see everyone competing and having a goood time.

Come on you, BURNOUTS!

No qualifiers yesterday made me a sad sad baal runner. This was a grailer though and i wonder how many people have an iLvl 99 one...

Code:
Herald of Zakarum 
Gilded Shield 
Defense: 452 
Chance to Block: 52 
Durability: 34 of 50 
Required Level: 42 
Required Strength: 89 
Fingerprint: 0xfd8fde4d 
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels 
+30% Faster Block Rate 
30% Increased Chance of Blocking 
20% Bonus to Attack Rating 
+168% Enhanced Defense 
+20 to Strength 
+20 to Vitality 
All Resistances +50

Did couple runs today and Zod dropped :D
That's second Zod from Pindle btw. Nice to see some luck in rune department at least.
I would post sceenshot, but qualifier (crappy) dropped together with Zod making it illegal to post screenie :X

Code:
Zod Rune

Weapons: Indestructible
Helms: Indestructible
Armor: Indestructible
Shields: Indestructible

I hate leaving runes to wait in stashes, but I have no idea at all what to use Zod for at the moment... (or rather what to use it on first :D)

EDIT: If I win my category I'll reward my barb with BotD BA. That's a promise 😉

frozzzen said:
Did couple runs today and Zod dropped :D
That's second Zod from Pindle btw.[/quote
:shocked:

So, you are saying that you've had TWO Zods drop?! Uh... :crazyeyes:

And you made the Grail just now?!? :steam: ... That's just too much... :p

Not that I'm jealous or anything. Yeah. I'll go do another baalrun that will likely net me a Tir. Or a Thul if I'm lucky. edit: and a Tir it is.. :D

Nah. I had Zod and Sur dropped this MFO, but last time there was Pindle competition I found Zod as well :)

frozzzen said:
Nah. I had Zod and Sur dropped this MFO, but last time there was Pindle competition I found Zod as well :)

My best rune drop from pindle has been a Mal. :(

On a brighter note, cardiology is over and I have a whole weekend to try to catch up to some peeps. :alright:

Update sent. Now I only need 8750 more runs to achieve 10000 :crazyeyes:

Found an Ohm in the meantime :)

EDIT: oh, and since nobody else said it - gieb Zod! :p
Congrats 😉

AT category

final update is here

1. zaliqai
2. jimsfriends
3. grisu
4. bcoe
5. janooo
6. TheReadMenace
7. sequana
8. Nualum
9. poopie_pants
10. Atroz
11. Icbat

some nice decisive and some small improvement during short period of two days

zaliqai with jimsfriend on top both fighting for victory with slightly advantage of zaliqai due to points distribution from items
then quite enough points of difference to another runners where are very small differences between them from 3rd up to 7-8 th position
but still all of them can fight for victory it only will take little more luck from their part to catch zaliqai :)

So good luck to all for last week-end

and gogo alchemists 👍

eidt: from my part I just setn update to TRM and I am still running for some items I really want to find to be comfort with my score
yesterday I did 8 hours today just 7 and looking for another 4

Update sent to Thomh. I've been trying to push hard now, since I have to leave tomorrow and can't run for the final night. About 1400 runs now, and I'm still not entirely happy with the findings... :scratchchin:

I believe I've ate all bad luck now and next two days there will be high-end qualifiers raining, otherwise I don't know what is wrong...

My update ...bleh.

At least usefull non-qualifier:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x6b8a877b
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +30
+2 to All Skill Levels

and Ist and Vex as regards runes

I will wait a bit more before posting 3rd updates to have a bit more new updates
bassano said:
but still all of them can fight for victory it only will take little more luck from their part to catch zaliqai :)

You mean luck like ... finding a Tyrael's? That will have to wait till tomorrow though, because I need to get some sleep. My eyes are burning and I'm on call the whole weekend...

First and only update sent before the final results.

The loot has been so poor that I didn't bother sending any updates, until today. Today's loot now forms the majority of my score, which was a nice surprise and saved my score from being abysmal. Hopefully Baal and co. will keep it coming.

Go go Alchemists!

I shan't be sending another update because:
1) the score hasn't improved that much
2) I'll be busy banning frozzzen (Jae mk II it seems :p)

Just two updates in the Baal category?????

I`m going to wait for a couple of hours before posting the final update so I can collect some more updates.

-------------------------------------------------

@TRM: No real change in score for me, so you won`t get anything from me:)

Update sent ThomH, sorry about being late :|

I'm not going to hit my usual run quota today since I slept in late and haven't started immediately, but it's time to make a push to the finish. I should be able to top 2000 total Baal runs for the MFO!

No update from me either, as nothing has changed. Stupid game :( I've given up hope for me personally, I'll keep running to hopefully not drag my awesome team member all the way down though.

No update from me either, while my score has improved, it was only by 0.2. At least a qualifier dropped right?

+1 to the no update crew. My first one sent is likely my last.

Good luck to all those (still/actually) running. :) 2000 runs by LC is just crazy!

[highlight]Baal category[/highlight]

1. Denton
2. Liquidclear
3. LD50
4. Ojimijam
5. Paradigmshift
6. Nagisa
7. Nubikoen
8. Nulio
9. Thyiad

The top3 is so close it`s almost incredible. I`m not going to tell anything else other than go go go! I`ll edit in the updates that is sent to me after this post.

Since the only person I'm missing any form of an update is jdkerr's, I might as well give the 3rd set of rankings:

EDIT: jdkerr's update received; rankings now adjusted

Other Level 85+ Areas:

1. bassano
2. scrcrw
3. Kimppi
4. jdkerr
5. zarqu
6. Fabian
7. Thomh

After scrcrw had been leading for the week, bassano has now usurped the top spot! Kimppi also flew ahead from the back of the pack, so there's been some movement (and obviously a couple nice finds) among the contenders. I must've passed on my poor luck to Fabian and Thomh, though. My bad, fellas. The good news is that victory is always a fortunate drop or two away... the bad news is that there's only two days left to get that fortunate drop!

jdkerr sent his update: table now current.

As for me, I'll probably piddle away an hour or two tonight. Can't believe I'm still in sixth after my terrible drops!! I'm considering, however, to go to a local game store to participate in an F-Zero X (N64) tournament. I remember the tracks, but I can't mentally distinguish them from the GameCube version. Could be interesting! :D

Last update sent to Thomh. Sorry for the delay. Got home from work intending to send in an update and the internet went down. Then I had to take my girls to meet my Mom who is keeping them this weekend. Then finally I got back in 30 minutes or so ago to get this updated.

Anyway, not sure if it moves me any, but I'm still working hard!!!

3rd update Pindle+ category:

1. jDer
2. frozzzen
3. Rummski
4. skiffcz
5. sasspire
6. Smips
7. smokeeblade
8. Mungo
9. pwangsta
10. jemappellealizee

Great job and big fight here 👍, although I got only few new updates. But the situation on the top starts to be dramatic. I'm very curious for Rummski's 3rd update (or some other one as well, I will edit it tomorrow morning my time then) if he can catch the leading pair. And also skiffcz is still in game. 5th and 6th position are very close to each other and then there is bigger step. Keep going :).

Good luck for the last weekend.

The rank is still same.

Update sent. Sorry, but I did not see that another one was due. Looking forward to the edit. :)

Paradigmshift said:
Last update sent to Thomh. Sorry for the delay. Got home from work intending to send in an update and the internet went down. Then I had to take my girls to meet my Mom who is keeping them this weekend. Then finally I got back in 30 minutes or so ago to get this updated.

Anyway, not sure if it moves me any, but I'm still working hard!!!

You still hold the same position, but the guys ahead of you are certainly within reach:)

time to sleep
target of runs I had for today I completed so I am satisfied
tomorrow is day too

a little non-qualifier tonight:

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x8b40da62
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +30%

Gonna take a little break to relax the wrist and then back at it. Gentleman Jack Daniels has begun to flow and the runs are getting just as smooth as the Jack now!!

Update sent...slight upgrade, better than I imagined at the start that's for sure... Good luck to everyone, especially my BURNOUT teammates!

discouraging

bassano said:
time to sleep
lol :D you wrote that at quarter past 3 in the morning!!! You're mental :crazyeyes: no wonder you're first!

Having breakfast, then some serious running...

I think i'm all done here, dont have time to play tomorrow and need to take a lot of rest today.. Ended up with 9700 runs and i'm really happy about it even though my finger and risk feels numb with those non stop runs. I really enjoy it guys. Good luck to my teammates especially Fabian. Beat 'em all with another Tyrael's :badteeth:

Found another qualifier earlier which increase my total score a bit but not much. I'm sending my final result to sequana now. Good Luck to all and especially to those running Pindy, just 1 Lash on your above me :badteeth:

BTW, so its morning there, its almost 6PM here (GMT+8). I think i'm almost half a globe away from you guys.

Rummski said:
Update sent...slight upgrade, better than I imagined at the start that's for sure... Good luck to everyone, especially my BURNOUT teammates!

You keep the same position, getting close to 2nd place.

Havent sent update, two reasons:
1, Dropped dead from running 10 hours straight at 4 am and realizing only now that it was an update day
2, Didnt want to bring despair into my opponents hearths (you were expecting "my score havent improved much" eh? You wisha!)

~7500 runs, Im probably not catching jDer, oh my. But good to know Im still in the win zone ;)

Great results from my teammates only push me forward MOAR!

Burn Kittens!

Grisu said:
lol :D you wrote that at quarter past 3 in the morning!!! You're mental :crazyeyes: no wonder you're first!

Current first place must be comfirmed by week-end running in other case there is group of hunters behind me one better then another and fear from them is feeding my motivation of playing
Sunday is close and deserved break after that is coming to then I will have time to sleep and thinks like that

just more then hour of runs today and I am still running :)

@skiffcz: right strategy :D
I decided to put fear and desperation to hearts of my enemies and I want to convinced them that they have no chance whatever they will do so better is not to do and accept their destiny :p

and btw. more dangerous enemies I am considering unnamed for now, kittens do not seems to be on top according to updates but it can be changed easily
so you need to catch JDer (at least with score when you do not have enough runs to do it in number :) )

skiffcz said:
Great results from my teammates only push me forward MOAR!

Burn Kittens!

You didn't notice I'm the doom of our team? : D
Anyway the results of my teammates also motivates me, I don't want to be the weak point ->

Black magic time *curses AT*. It will work.

Gogo Alchemsits!

*****, black magic really works, I'm impressed! It's handy to be a witch.

Second breath, new inspiration, new motivation. Back in race!

Or maybe that complaining and whining here works, who knows.

:mua:

No more spamming, just hard work, run, run. *runs AT as mad*

Oh well, it was nice to have the top spot for awhile. My score has improved less than 10 points since last Saturday and it wasn't for a lack of trying... I'm still not giving up though.

At least my new best non-qualifier is a Lem rune. Happy times... 👍

That's it for me. Too bad I can't run anymore, this was a good MFO for me and I wish I could fight until the last minute... :(

I'm leaving for a vacation and am not back until 3 weeks from now, so I'm sorry but I'll leave you hanging here. I'll try to get online at some point to check up on the prize situation.

Thanks everyone and extra kudos to Fabian for getting this thing together 👍

Meh, seems like sequana's black magic worked: I was called in for an emergency, so no running for me the last 4 hours :( Now I'll get another 40 mins in, before I have to go to a meeting...

scrcrw said:
Oh well, it was nice to have the top spot for awhile. My score has improved less than 10 points since last Saturday and it wasn't for a lack of trying... I'm still not giving up though.

At least my new best non-qualifier is a Lem rune. Happy times... 👍

Oh boo hoo! :) My score has improved ~6 points since Friday night, also not for a lack of trying, and clearly it was quite a bit lower than yours to begin with ;)

I will keep banging my head against the wall though, can't let me teammates down.

[highlight]Everyone![/highlight]

Good luck in the final weekend. Again, a reminder to [highlight]please please[/highlight] send final results to your area supervisor right after you finish running. We only really need one person to be tardy, and we'll have to wait, so please get your results in quickly! Thanks everyone

Fabian said:
Oh boo hoo! :) My score has improved ~6 points since Friday night, also not for a lack of trying, and clearly it was quite a bit lower than yours to begin with ;)

I will keep banging my head against the wall though, can't let me teammates down.

*curses positive black magic on Fabian*

I'm not supporting a member of a competitive team, just to have dry spell during MFO is simply not fair, it's pure pain then.

@Grisu: :yes: It wasn't wise to laugh at people with bad luck.

sequana said:
@Grisu: :yes: It wasn't wise to laugh at people with bad luck.

who do you think that called him on emergency? :scratchchin:
it is simply "bad luck" :D

as my runs today I did just more then 6 hours of running and still I am looking for some nice items which can improve my score even if I found another quite nice qualifier to my table

Well...today was set aside for mass running, but real life has a way of getting ahead of me. Woke up and the cat was not acting normal, his tail was swollen at the base and off center, and he was extremely lethargic. Put him in the car to head to the vet. When I got to the vet, I opened the door and he bolted. Looked for a long time for him, but he went into a wooded area I would need a machete to get into, so I had to stop. I've gone back several times today but no luck. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway...back home now and nothing else to do so I've got a bottle of Cava and I'm hitting the runs. This one is for Patches, hope he makes his way home :)

Closing in on 10 hours playing time today. Taking a break now, arm and wrist are hurting like crazy. Just finished the last Harry Potter audiobook, so we'll see how I can get motivation for the final ~19 hours of the week :) Improved my score twice, but not very significantly. The race I have with my teammate jimsfriend on who puts in the most hours seems to be a real photo finish, so can't stop now in any case!

This would always sting, but given how badly i'd like a dweb and how really really badly i need the points... ugh.

Code:
Unearthed Wand of Regeneration
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
[b]Durability: 22 of 36[/b]
Required Level: 64
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x344e458
Replenish Life +3
+3 to Summon Resist (Necromancer Only)
150% Damage to Undead

EDIT: plus another potential boost which couldn't be bothered to roll unique... would have actually been pretty happy with it if i didn't already have a HS staffmod from an earlier version
Code:
Bramble Star
Mighty Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 79 to 80
Durability: 32 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 68
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x540cb504
+2 to Strength
+51% Enhanced Damage
+27 to Attack Rating
+19 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-13 lightning damage
+1 to Meditation (Paladin Only)
[b]+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)[/b]
181% Damage to Undead
+38 to Attack Rating against Undead

Nah, a second emergency tonight prevented me from doing more than ~70 runs yesterday and will keep me from serious running today, I guess...

Good luck, esp. to my teammates!

@AT runners:

MFO is closing to the end so after you will finish, I am expecting results right after you finish your runs

I am expecting results from everyone even if you did not found better qualifier from your last update

thanks for understand, we all want to have results thread up as soon as possible

bassano

It's always snowing outside Nihlathak's Temple...

Sent my final update. Very disappointing MFO, didn't get nearly as many runs as I would have hoped, and only netted a couple grailers and no non-qualifiers worth mentioning.

All the best to everyone else :)

Sent the final update to sequana, now lets see who won :D

I stil have 14 1/2 hours until my deadline and other than about 4 hours this evening I plan on running it all. Last night, I hit a grailer and a new member of my top5 which was cool. Hope to keep pushing to get the score much much higher to catch some of these guys in the Baal category.

Good luck to my team!! Go Go Team Kittens!!!

Just over six hours left for me and I'm finding it hard going.

Hitting 98 was nice - and my goal - but drops ... well, I *do* always aim for bottom so I guess I should be pleased lol!

I took a break yesterday and got a few levels on my Sept Necro. It was a lovely change from running and I'm looking forward to getting back to him.

Baal Runners

Please send your top 5 and readouts to lillelab (at) hotmail (dot) com as soon as you`re done running. I have heard from everyone in the category except qwer since the MFO started, so I`m sure we`ll be able to get the results ready quickly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Results sent. Major improvements over the last few days, to the point I feel I can stop running now without adversely affecting my spot.

Good luck to all those still going at it, and here's to hoping for an epic final result. :)

My results just were sent to TRM too

I did enough to go sleep with piece in and calm in my heart
beacuse I did not slept regulary just week, today will be deserved night for me

I hope that my all teammates had same luck as I had

so gogo alchemists 👍

Ten hours left, and bottle of Hendrick's ready for this evening. Go go Team Kittens!!!

Results sent. Drops were fine I suppose but doubt I'm going to climb any higher in rankings. At least I got one nice item I have never found before, need to put it to use in the future.

Results sent earlier today, I didn't enough time for a heroic last ditch effort. Nice drops in general, one in particular is sticking out. :)

Results sent. Good MFO, lots of TC87 uniques, but it lacked those couple high scorers.
GL to those still running.

Now I can finally return to normal life (if one could call that normal :D)

Results sent. Only relatively minor improvement to score, will be interesting to see if I was lucky enough (i.e. if the others were unlucky enough).

Didn't find many non-qualifiers worth mentioning really, Ohm being the rune "highlight".

Aaand it's midnight, so I stopped. Sending results in a minute. I give my character an A-, my effort a B+ and my luck a D-

Looking forward to seeing the results :)

Time's up for me, will send my final results to bassano after this post. I like them. :)

Good luck to all those still running! 👍

And some final non-qualifiers:
Code:
Vex Rune
Required Level: 55
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xf1e908f7
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +25

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe8b9a10b
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb763fe43
100% Chance to cast level 37 Blizzard when you Die
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+5% to Cold Skill Damage

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x48dc74a2
+1 to All Skills
+20 to Mana

Results sent.

Odd luck I had. I definitely can't complain about runes, after yesterday's Zod, today Jah. Unusual for me and MFO.
Otherwise since 3rd update I noticeably improved my score (it was about time, the game was testing my patience cruelly), but as I know what mad people are running in my crazy category I will be happy to gain any medal.

As a result of all effort I can't move with my head, neck is stuck and during last few runs I got lost in my map due to my dim vision, good that MFO is over :).

Good luck to all who is still running, the goal is to survive in health.

Pindle+ runners
Please send final results including readouts to

kovarova (at) vscht (dot) cz

or by PM

EDIT:
I forgot that I wanted to post these cute items, I'm always happy to find such:
Code:
Lenymo
Sash
Defense: 2
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xa6f36d5
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 30%
All Resistances +5
+1 to Light Radius

Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 10 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5a975d63
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

4k runs, 200 qualifiers, 1 grailer.

I'm happy about the Zod and that's about it. Maybe it wasn't good finding two Sacred Armors and a Death's Fathom right before MFO.

Final results sent. Didn't have time for more running due to another emergency :( So only ~120 runs for me this weekend, for a total of ~1350 runs, average run time 55 sec. 82 qualifiers total.

Hope my teammates had more time this weekend and more luck! 👍

I'm happy about the Sur, Ohm and Um though :)

Results sent, my worst effort ever, real life didn't help. Roll on the summer Mfo.

I'm done; results already sent. Hopefully with the correct top five. :p

No really outstanding non-qualifiers. But then, no really outstanding qualifiers either. Rune luck; Lum I think was the best.

Just a few hours left. Haven't had a new top5 since the last update, but I'm holding out hope for the next 4 hours, 31 minutes.

Results sent with no noticeable improvement since second update. I did around 650 runs but my goal was 1000 runs. The (really bad) results didn't motivate me at all in the last days. At least I got some really nice non-qualifiers that helped me going.

Jah
Gul
RJoF (39 ED)
5/5 poison facet

Code:
Jah Rune 
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5% Shields: +50 to Life

Gul Rune 
Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Ruby Jewel of Fervor 
Jewel 
Required Level: 58 
Fingerprint: 0x72909f84 
39% Enhanced Damage 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x1de7d942 
100% Chance to cast level 51 Poison Nova when you Die 
+5% to Poison Skill Damage

Results sent. Disappointed that my score barely moved from the first update, but i guess all my MFO luck was front loaded, oh and loaded away from runes, highest was an 'um' from a randomer.

Pleased i participated though, some grailers for me and a nice taste of running baal, someone iv never run before. Looking forward for the summer MFO.

:unimpressed:

I've still got about three hours left to do runs here, but I'm done and have sent my update to bassano. I did another five hours today and have absolutely nothing to show for it. No improvements whatsoever since Wednesday... that was somewhere between fifteen and twenty hours of useless runs.

...I now hate the AT. :p

I'm not done with MFOs in general, but I DO need to make a new MF character between now and the next one. I'd love to get a Poisonmancer up and running... all I'm missing is the gear. New project!!

(By the by, if someone was using a Poisonmancer for /p7 Pit runs, I'd love to get a PM telling me what gear you're using, a guess at your MF total, and number of skillers so I know what to shoot for)

I've received five of the seven final updates for the Other aLvl 85 Areas. Once I get it all together, I'll be sure to send the results to Fabian as quickly as I can.

Also, in case you don't check your email address as often as you do this thread:

zarqu, I received your score and top five items, but I also need to have the ATMA/GoMule readouts of those items. Thank you!

Can't wait to see the results and to subsequently have my items stolen away!!

Four hours left for running. Just had a decent drop after two days of no progress. Pushing onward, but losing steam. Will send updates immediately after calling it quits.

@TRM: I am running a poison necro through p7 Pits. Will post a bit about him after the runs are finished.

TRM, if you want something to shoot for in the p7 Pit poisonmancer department, I would suggest taking a look at Nagisa's character from the Summer MFO. Results Thread Post and Meet the Olympians Post.

When I put up the results thread, I will also start a Meet the Olympians type thread where people can post about their MFO characters, by the way.

Feeling generally crappy, so no final few hours of running for me. Final update sent along. Very disappointed with my MFO - not enough hours, not enough runs, and (not surprisingly therefore) not enough good finds. I'm probably more upset with the low grailer count than with finishing toward the bottom of the pack, that was entirely likely from the start.

Maybe next time...

Sending my results in. Done. No major improvement in score and pretty disappointed in the general lack of luck on nice drops.

Final statistics:

Runs: Approx 1350. (ran about 100 runs on a laptop with no counter)
Time: roughly 70 hours in total (avg run time on desktop is 3:02 per run)
Runes: 2xMal, Um, Lem

Sorely disappointed...

So I'm finished and results are sent. I'm quite embarrassed to admit how long I ran, but I'll do so in the results thread. I improved upon my score, but I'm thinking it probably won't be enough; we'll see soon enough. I'm glad it's over though, I was about to go insane from doing nothing but Baal running :D

Final Results sent in...Improved my score...I ran entirely with my Frenzy Barb, very satisfied with the runs, don't know how many I did but went from 91 to 93+. Renenergized my zeal for MF runs, still very little drive to play otherwise. I don't think I'll run Pindle with a non-barb again.

Thanks to all the area supervisors, runners and to Fabian for getting this up and running.

Finally, Go Burnouts!

Oh and a couple non-qualifiers
Code:
Duriel's Shell 
Cuirass 
Defense: 919 
Durability: 126 of 126 
Required Level: 41 
Required Strength: 55 
Fingerprint: 0xb33d089 
Unidentified 
+172% Enhanced Defense 
+93 Defense (Based on Character Level) 
+15 to Strength 
+75 to Life (Based on Character Level) 
Cold Resist +30% 
All Resistances +20 
Cannot Be Frozen 
+100 Maximum Durability 
Ethereal

Gheed's Fortune 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 62 
Fingerprint: 0xa489f08 
93% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Reduces all Vendor Prices 12% 
39% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Greyform 
Quilted Armor 
Defense: 29 
Durability: 18 of 20 
Required Level: 7 
Required Strength: 12 
Fingerprint: 0x807b0854 
Unidentified 
5% Life stolen per hit 
+20 Defense 
+10 to Dexterity 
Cold Resist +20% 
Fire Resist +20% 
Magic Damage Reduced by 3 

Ribcracker 
Quarterstaff 
Two Hand Damage: 61 - 166 
Durability: 24 of 130 
Fingerprint: 0x3c8ee96a 
Unidentified 
+50% Increased Attack Speed 
+50% Faster Hit Recovery 
289% Enhanced Damage 
Adds 30 - 65 Damage 
50% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+100% Enhanced Defense 
+100 Defense 
+15 to Dexterity 
+100 Maximum Durability

There is an hour and a half left on the clock, but I am done. I am quite happy. Prior to this point, the highest level any character of mine had reached was lvl92, and the highest rune I had ever found was Ohm. With that in mind...

Runs: 2129
Character level: 95
Runes: 4x Um, 4x Mal, 1x Ist, and...
Rune1.jpg

Rune2.jpg

Notable jewelry:
Code:
Highlord's Wrath 
Amulet 
Fingerprint: 0x4759f0e2 
Unidentified 
+1 to All Skills 
+20% Increased Attack Speed 
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage 
3% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level) 
Lightning Resist +35% 
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

Seraph's Hymn 
Amulet 
Fingerprint: 0xfa678da1 
Unidentified 
+2 to All Skills 
+1 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 
+26% Damage to Demons 
+185 to Attack Rating against Demons 
+50% Damage to Undead 
+237 to Attack Rating against Undead 
+2 to Light Radius

Nagisa is a spoilsport

Notable charms:
Code:
Sharp Grand Charm of Inertia 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 21 
Fingerprint: 0x42090f46 
Unidentified 
+7% Faster Run/Walk 
+9 to Maximum Damage 
+64 to Attack Rating

Gheed's Fortune 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 62 
Fingerprint: 0x80a39dca 
97% Extra Gold from Monsters 
Reduces all Vendor Prices 10% 
39% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Amber Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x45f52887 
Unidentified 
+19 to Life 
Lightning Resist +11%

Sapphire Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xce48078b 
Unidentified 
+19 to Life 
Cold Resist +10% 

Iron Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0x8ef16f06 
Unidentified 
+23 to Attack Rating 
+20 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm 
Small Charm 
Required Level: 25 
Fingerprint: 0xc7720440 
All Resistances +4

Snake's Small Charm of Vita 
Small Charm 
Fingerprint: 0xc53a4f61 
Unidentified 
+16 to Life 
+12 to Mana

Notable jewels:
Code:
Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x9519ad58 
Unidentified 
+3% to Poison Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x6fd319ca 
Unidentified 
-4% to Enemy Poison Resistance 
+3% to Poison Skill Damage 

Rainbow Facet 
Jewel 
Fingerprint: 0x72e3f396 
Unidentified 
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage 
-4% to Enemy Fire Resistance 
+3% to Fire Skill Damage 

Vermilion Jewel of Fervor 
Jewel 
Required Level: 50 
Fingerprint: 0x145831df 
Unidentified 
+13 to Maximum Damage

Sending results now. :)

I am still missing results from Atroz and Icbat rest I just have completed so please, send me them

Well RL curtailed my ability to get runs in this weekend, but all in all, a great time for my first tournament here on the SPF.

~5150 Pindle runs, 28:30 hours.

Here are some of the more interesting non-qualifiers

Code:
 Ist Rune

Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Helms: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51

Gul Rune

Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Helms: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x51ca43d4
+128 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
8% Life stolen per hit
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
8% Chance to cast Level 13 Twister on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 10 Poison Nova when struck
Level 21 Poison Creeper (15/15 Charges)

Beast Visor (Why couldn't you be +2!)
Tiara
Defense: 44
Durability: 18 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xba5b5ed4
+20 to Strength
+19 to Dexterity
+46 to Mana
6% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
42% Damage to Demons
+83 to Attack Rating against Demons

Beast Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x603262b6
+29% Enhanced Damage
+24 Defense
Lightning Resist +12%
7% Faster Hit Recovery

Buriza-Do Kyanon
Ballista
Two-Hand Damage: 99 to 165
Required Dexterity: 80
Required Strength: 110
Required Level: 41
Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x9f6d46
+35 to Dexterity
+200% Enhanced Damage
+134 Defense
Adds 32-196 cold damage over 8 seconds
80% Increased Attack Speed
Freezes Target +3
Piercing Attack [100]
+2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Dire Hood (Another with potential if only it had skills...)
Coronet
Defense: 72
Durability: 15 of 30
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xd54ff7ee
+23 to Strength
+77% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +32%
Cold Resist +40%
4% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x26947937
+36 poison damage over 2 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 23 Venom When You Level Up
+4% to Poison Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x77a1896d
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rune Mark (Nice low level ammy)
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xea7b6544
+16 to Energy
+51 to Mana
All Resistances +18
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels

Wraith Scarab
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf3798dcf
+26% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +14%
Adds 22-49 fire damage

Nothing earthshattering, but a couple of finds that are interesting to me. In summation, a wonderful experience with quite a few nice items found, 80 qualifiers and 33 grailers found. Can't wait for the Summer MFO!

Everyone, if you haven't sent your final results to your area supervisor, please do so now!

I'm missing final results from skiffcz and I would need also readouts from smokeeblade.

Everything else I received alright.

I am just dependent only on Atroz results

but he did not sent no updates since monday so I really do not know what to do
but his last actvivity on SPF was today night so I am expecting he will send me it e.g. within 3 hours

I`m just waiting for qwer to get back to me and it`s all good. I won`t be able to send the list to Fabian before 10 pm tonight either way because of work.

I need ~3h to get to my university computer, where half of my readouts sit. I planned to take the first morning train, but well .. family busines :/ So Im taking the one which leaves ~30 minutes from now.

Ive sent my top 5 to sequana though, so she can complete the leader board, readouts will follow as soon as I get to Uni.

GL to all!

EDIT:

Ok, Final update sent, now with all the readouts as well.

I cant wait already :) The last day was crazy, no improvements (well, technically yes, last top 5 dropped on sunday around 1 am), but I am happy with my score nevertheless. The hell sure froze, my runcount is (most probably) over 9000! but nowhere near jDers insane number.

Concerning non-qualifiers, well ... I dont play much anymore, and if, then it is these vanilla/classic/insert_your_favourite_rebel_cliche wannabe returns - but I get bored with it eventually. Except for that, some two or three HC tourney chars which some miracle protected from death to Bishibosh, so I wasnt running for items this MFO. In fact, I have been looking strictly for Gold/Greens and in later phases of the competition just for those from the top third of the table.

On the other note, Ive seen probably more yellow Colossus Girdles this week than in the rest of my D2 career.

Btw, I dont know where you guys take those non-quals anyways. My highest rune was that Gul I mentioned before, next to it was Lem I think. And yes, Ive checked, I have 1.13 installed :p This was my first (and last I hope) intensive running of anything in 1.13, and I was expecting a rain of jahs or such .. well .. Also, no facettes in 9000 runs. None. At. All. Yep.

Loads of yellow Colossus Girdles, though. Joy :D

It was fun though. I tried to keep myself in the zone by concentrating on the perfection of each run for the lack of reward in form of items, and it was working exceptionally well. Also, I managed to squeeze quite exceptional chunk of personal life in between the runs (been to ballet with GF and much more awesome then expected, and got lightly drunk two times). That helped a lot with the burnout problem I think.

Not much sleep though ... (4.5 hours a day average, thats kinda on the edge in my age, but manageable for a week).

Also, huuuuge pile of yellow Colossus Girdles. I love my huge pile of yellow Colossus Girdles, you can tell, eh? Too bad I left them on the ground.

I even considered picking them up at one moment - just to see how many of them are double/tripple dura. But it didnt fit into all this "pick up just bare minimum needed" theme, so nah.

Gaarh this is long! I need a nap I guess. Hm. Or not. Oblivion it is then :D

And ofc GO GO GO ALCHEMISTS!!!

Thomh said:
...I won`t be able to send the list to Fabian before 10 pm tonight either way because of work.

I'm guessing this applies to me, as well, since you're the one person that hasn't sent their individual results to me yet. I'm not angry or anything, it's just a friendly reminder! See you after work! 👋

It also means that my overall category update to Fabian won't be ready until about 23:00 GMT. So no results thread for a little while longer, awww....

Pindle+ category completed and results sent to Fabian.

👍

TheReadMenace said:
I'm guessing this applies to me, as well, since you're the one person that hasn't sent their individual results to me yet. I'm not angry or anything, it's just a friendly reminder! See you after work! 👋

It also means that my overall category update to Fabian won't be ready until about 23:00 GMT. So no results thread for a little while longer, awww....

What? I have a mail to you in my sent folder with final results:)

I`ll re-send at once just to be sure.

Fabian will get a PM regarding Baal category in a second.

Results from AT category have been sent 2 hours ago via e-mail to Fabian

No idea why I didn't receive the first email, Thomh, but that second one did the trick! Thanks for understanding.

The fourth and final area's final update has been compiled and sent to Fabian via email. It's a lot of data to shuffle around, but keep your eyes peeled for a new MFO results thread, folks!! 👍

Here's an exclusive preview: :rant:

AT category

1. somebody
2. somebody else
3. somebody else
4. somebody else
5. somebody else
6. somebody else
7. somebody else
8. somebody else
9. somebody else
10. nualum
11. somebody else

In all seriousness though, thanks very much to Fabian and the area coordinators!
(just in case I forget in the results thread).

Results thread is almost done, just waiting for the Baal results from ThomH. Hopefully the thread will be up within in an hour :)

Results compiled and sent with everyone`s score included. Happy days!

Results thread up. Thanks so much everyone for participating, I think it was a great MFO! Hope to see you this summer :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High