MFO Winter 2009 Signups and Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Jan 1, 2009.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFO Progress Thread

Here's the Progress Thread. Feel free to to engage in friendly taunting and watch for updates from the supervisors.

Speaking of which, here we are:

bassano - Act 5 SU -
Mursilis - alvl 85 -
sequana - baal -
lionheartthebrave - Meph -

I don't have emails for now but I will get them soon.

One last minute note: Jewelry won't be added. I've been looking at the scoring and haven't found anything that I think works well.

Enjoy and have fun.

Start date: January 2, 2009
End date: January 11 2009

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient
Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused
Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs
and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves))
- teams (see end of post)

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time).

I've already talked to bassano and Mursilis, sequana, and lionheartthebrave, I'll get the exact categories after I see who signs up where.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your score and ATMA readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after the end of the MFO - by January 12th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods RRM, RWM, CRM.

A new note, since items are switching back and forth, you must have a trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and
Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords
and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests
in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I know there was some discussion about changing this, It will not change, however I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 4 members in a team with a minimum of 2 members (no 1-man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- At least one member must participate in each of the Singles categories.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
Re: MFO Progress Thread

*taunts all Meph runners*

My email is spflionhtb)at(googlemaild0tcom

I plan to give lists on the 5th and the 8th, if you want to have more let me know, feel free to send daily reports if you want

And please Remember your [highlight]Forum Name[/highlight]

Good Luck to everyone

EDIT: in the summer MFO I damaged my arm running pindle, remember it's only a game
So for those of you running the level 85 areas my email is mursilis_hattusa(at)yahoo(dot)com. Or you can simply send me a forum PM, whichever works best for you.

Currently I plan on updating at least three times, end of the upcoming weekend, middle of the week and beginning of the last weekend. May drop another one in on a weekday depending on how often I get updates from the runners.

Good luck to everyone. :guiness: Should be quite interesting...

My email address: kovarova (at) vscht (dot) cz

Or as there are not many baal runners you can also send updates in PMs.

I'll try post updates in similar frequency as other supervisors, first I will probably make on Sunday evening when I return home from mid-Finland, hopefully without delay.

Good luck all who have started running I'm giving you a bit of headstart since I will work for another 6 hours vefore I get home, and you are going to need the headstart I promise you.

When I get home I will running pits until the 8 januari nonstop

DX-Crawler said:
Good luck all who have started running I'm giving you a bit of headstart since I will work for another 6 hours vefore I get home, and you are going to need the headstart I promise you.

When I get home I will running pits until the 8 januari nonstop

Haha DX :D
It's on!

I am posting here to say I am out of the MFO. I will not be able to put in the time to make a good effort. Good Luck to everyone, I look forward to seeing the results. I am sorry to trim the Baal pool even further, but I am going to be lucky to have an hour a day next week.

I hope everyone had a good first day.
I got started a little late and I've been running a little over the last 2 hours or so, hence I need to get some sleep (4am here :rolleyes:)
Still I'm rather pleased with my 2 first mfo hours, no horrible dry spell between something at least slightly interesting drops, which is not like pindle :p

I've been toying with /p settings for pindle tonight, and I think I'll stick to /p 3, since it's barely noticeable on speed compared to /p 1, except the occational immune pindle with nasty aura/other mods.

Fun side note, on my last run I decided to try /p 8 just for fun, and in that run I more than double my so far score :D (not that it's that much of an achievement after 2 hours of running on day 1 :p)

Good night runners, good luck ;)

/zarfen

Good luck to everyone. =)

Finished day one of Meph with 10 qualifiers. Not a bad haul for one day, but there's room for much improvement :).

Good luck everyone! May all your drops be green and gold breast plates. ;)

After day one, I have a handful of items to show for it. AT just isn't giving up the goods for me tonight!

First day wasn't very bad for me either, both in qualifier and non qualifier department(nothing end top 5 worthy yet though).But in non qualifing department got 2 pleasants surprises.
Run nr n
Run nr n+1
Yep, they came in consequetive runs.:nod:

War Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 17
Durability: 61 of 70
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 24
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xdec665b
+1 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+3 to Sanctuary (Paladin Only)
+1 to Zeal (Paladin Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Storm Hood
Guardian Crown
Defense: 670
Durability: 83 of 83
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 186
Required Level: 65
Unidentified
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x7bba3795
+3 to Energy
+19 to Life
+165% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Interesting.

I had a late start but i am planning to get the most out of the weekend. Nothing of worthy dropped yet but i feel meph will be generous for be this week.

Naab said:
First day wasn't very bad for me either, both in qualifier and non qualifier department(nothing end top 5 worthy yet though).But in non qualifing department got 2 pleasants surprises.
Run nr n
Run nr n+1
Yep, they came in consequetive runs.:nod:

Whoa! Nice!!! :D
Smips said:
Good luck everyone! May all your drops be green and gold breast plates. ;)

Not quite gold, but close :D

--

Nice one naab 👍

Hi to all
I am back from new year party with 400 runs completed yesterday I just fond sanders paragon so now I am on grail -4 only with tyrael and cow set to go

I wish good luck to all will be hard week :)
and especially for alchemist team :D

for act5SU my mail is mario(dot)babunek(at)seznam(dot)cz

Quick question... the score sheets are complete and only items listed in the score sheets are eligible, correct?

Since my internet time the coming day(s) might not be that stable (hopefully I'll run some more though :D), I've sent my first udate to bassano.

Today didn't bring any items to top the highest from last night, but I did find some to boost my current score from down under, and I do at least have 5 items with a score tag on them.

GL to all runners, and pindle, I'll be back for more tomorrow :evil:

Did more runs today(about 3 hours worth) and found quite a few qualifiers. However, my score remains the same as it was yesterday =/. Won't run much tomorrow, but hopefully Monday will be a big day for me.

From Meph:

Code:
Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 18
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0xb2869d38
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

:\

EDIT: And another one: both are grailers but i would have been much more hapier for items Hell Meph has higher chance of dropping, like a Stormlash :).

Code:
Arctic Furs
Quilted Armor
Defense: 49
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 2
Required Strength: 12
Fingerprint: 0xa73cab04
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
314% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +10
Set (2 item): 
225 Defense (Based on Char Lvl)
Set (3 items): 
Cold Resist +15%

Update sent to Mursilis. Is it just me, or does the chance to find decent items go DOWN during the tournament??? :p

And I have one question... in the end, are we scored only on the top 5 qualifying items, or are we scored on ALL qualifying items found? I've got about 12 qualifying items so far, though only one was a truly exciting find.

Update sent to mursiils after first 1050 runs nothing very nice but at least I found some usefull items 37 qualifiers for now

Sent my update to mursilis. 700 runs so far, 2 grailers, but none make it top 5 ^^. I won't run as much during week days unfortunately - unless of course I get something like a DWeb and then desperately need to win in order to keep it from the dirty hands of my opponents :)

On the rune side, an UM dropped. Kinda nice.

Edit: Just to be sure. Our score comes from our top5 qualifiers and only these can be claimed from the winners, correct?
xxnothing said:
And I have one question... in the end, are we scored only on the top 5 qualifying items, or are we scored on ALL qualifying items found?
zerth said:
Edit: Just to be sure. Our score comes from our top5 qualifiers and only these can be claimed from the winners, correct?

Yes, only the top 5 count and only the top 5 can be picked from.

Also Raskah and Serdash are disqualified for not having a trade profile.

Team YIPEE, you need to find a replacement for dashy before bassano posts the first update, I'll still leave the team in with three players otherwise.

Just sent in my first update to sequana. I found a couple of nice items, including some non-qualifiers:

Code:
Fanatic Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x451f521d
+25 to Life
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 124
Durability: 17 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xf1409b34
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+159% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
48% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Good luck fellow olympians! 👍

Wow... people with over a thousand runs already. I probably have 600-650 runs in. My wrist is already starting to complain at me! Heheh

BTW, did anyone else have a problem accessing the forums for about the past 24 hours or so?

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii104/xxn0thing/forum_woes.jpg

EDIT: And I've also found some nice things that don't qualify for the tourney. It's nice side benefit to running in the tournament! I'll be posting those items in the item find thread later on.

@xxnothing: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6949364#post6949364

@Meph runners: I plan to give the first list 24hrs from now, could I have your first update before then please (Mursilis I have received yours)

Good luck again to everyone

to ACT 5 SU : I have progress only from zarfen so gogo my email is ready

Wow, I feel like a slacker with only 540 runs in so far. Wanted to send an update in yesterday, but since the forum was down I couldn't get mursilis' email. Will send it in just a few moments, though.

I've already found 4 grailers, so things are rocking along fairly nicely. Best of luck to everybody else who's running (except those in the alvl 85 category ;p).

maareek said:
I've already found 4 grailers, so things are rocking along fairly nicely. Best of luck to everybody else who's running (except those in the alvl 85 category ;p).

Curious, I know "grail" means something slightly different to each person. To me, a "grail" would simply be one of every item, though I know some people want one of every item, with perfect stats. Or one of everything, plus ethereal versions as well... and so on. Which variety of grail are you shooting for?

I also found one item that would be a grailer for me. It's by far my best find of the tourney, so I'm hoping for more good loot to protect my find! hehehe:whistling:

The typical every set/unique item in the game grail - if I were referring to another type of grail I would have qualified that in the statement. I was at grail -42 before the start of the MFO, so 4 grailers in the first 2 days feels pretty good.

2 of those grailers are pretty rare items, but I have a long way to go to be competitive at the end, I fear.

xxnothing said:
Curious, I know "grail" means something slightly different to each person.

yeah 4 grailers I can not found when I am on grail -4 and cow set can not spawn in tunnels :D

Updates sent via PM to bass.

I didn't have much time, but still results are okish for now. (Funny example: I had short spare while on the airport, so I turned on laptop, in first run I found my best qualifier up to now so I turned laptop off as I'm not big fan of unplugged playing. gg efficiency 😁)

I have updates from 3 baalers up to now, so I will wait if someone else send it. I can maybe say that it is in a way balanced for now. Good work.

I have send my updates lionhearts, hope i have parsed your mail address correctly.
Things started out well but nothing new has shown up in the past several hours, so my last update is still the valid one. Interestingly found a few grail items I forgot I was looking for, such as the Torch of Iro. Also seem to have Duriel Shells coming out of my ears. That and the Great facet count is up to 8 atm, which I think more than doubles my current stash of them.

And of course as I am liable to do at least once per MFO, I accidentally reset my map. :banghead: Took a while to find a new one, and this one apparently requires one less teleport. Guess it was a good thing, but I know somewhere down the road I'll reset this one too and I don't think I can find a better one...sigh.

And now yes what you've all been waiting for.

[highlight]Level 85 Area Update[/highlight]

zerth
jjscud
bassano
maareek
xxnothing

Slacker List (no update)
Corrupted
DarkChaos
Drixx
DX-Crawler
Jaedhann
LD50
maxicek
Mungo
Naab
omgwtfbbqnub
Phosheez
Thomh

I know one or two people have excuses, but for the rest of you....tsk, tsk.

sequana said:
Funny example: I had short spare while on the airport, so I turned on laptop, in first run I found my best qualifier up to now so I turned laptop off as I'm not big fan of unplugged playing. gg efficiency 😁

This doesn't surprise me - from a person, who is able to find Vex rune in 5 minute pause before lunch :coffee:

Go go alchemists:wink:

These good people sent updates ;):

Baal cathegory:

1. Zaliqai
2. krovak
3. Callador

I think all of you have quite nice score after 3 days, good job.

If I'm right, only 2 others running baal are Aman and jrlafrance, it would be nice to have some update from you as well :).

Update sent via e-mail to lionheartthebrave.

Up to a decent start.

Also grail -1:
Knell Striker :jig:
Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 19
Durability: 30 of 50
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 5
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xed60df16
+15 to Mana
+79% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
150% Damage to Undead
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

As I have all results bar one (Juicy Cheese), here's the first list:

Meph Runners:

Kecin
Darkoooo
Mursilis
Holypade
Nacruno
Smips

btw two of you are separated by 0.1 points

ACT5 SU updates for now:

RIP > sequana > zarfen

other updates still I haven´t

edit: added RIP
Well I'm not last, that's always nice.

One odd thing from last night though. I've been playing DII since it came out, off and on and never found a SOJ. I wasn't too worried about it. However at the end of last month while questing with my Fishymancer one dropped. :alright: It was a grailer, so very nice. Now last night Mephisto coughed up another one, which makes two within a two week period. Very strange how things like this happen. :dontknow:

Hey guys!
I'm here just to say that I'm out of the competition. Time for D2 is in short supply, so I'm out (before I end up with a pathetic amount of runs and an even more pathetic amount of qualifiers :badteeth:)

Good luck to rest of you!

My suspicions are confirmed... I'm currently in last place among alvl85 runners! 👍
Oh well, I'm having fun participating, no matter the outcome. Hopefully in the next few days I can get a few lucky drops to advance my position. Tonight after work I'll put in as many runs as I can before my wrist gives out...

Grats to Mursilis on the SoJ #2! Also 'grats to all others who have found good items, grailers, etc!

sequana said:
These good people sent updates ;):

Baal cathegory:

If I'm right, only 2 others running baal are Aman and jrlafrance, it would be nice to have some update from you as well :).

Not much to update, but I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Good news: My Enigmadin leveled up to 97
Bad news: Unless my calculations are wrong, its gonna be ~12K runs to level up again :cry:

jrlafrance said:
Not much to update, but I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Good news: My Enigmadin leveled up to 97
Bad news: Unless my calculations are wrong, its gonna be ~12K runs to level up again :cry:

12K, 97 - 98 should only be ~1K runs at p8
even at p1 I think that's only 4.5 K runs
even less because baal's exp is on 2x at p3

jjscud said:
12K, 97 - 98 should only be ~1K runs at p8
even at p1 I think that's only 4.5 K runs
even less because baal's exp is on 2x at p3

Whew! ~1K runs I can do, I wasn't sure about another 12K! And I'm doing the minions @/p8, Baal @ /p3. Still, at an average of 5 min./run, thats still a lot of time to invest!

Juicy Cheese has sent me his result (though please could you add the five numbers together for me next time)

Meph Runners:

Kecin
Darkoooo
Juicy Cheese
Mursilis
Holypade
Nacruno
Smips

Is the end of Thursday OK for the second list?
I was almost unable to access the forums during the last ~3 days. Have done only about 200 runs so far, but I should have much more time from now on, so hopefully I'll do at least 500 more. I have died once, but (with help of my corpse-retrieval-kit) got the corpse, so the EXP loss wasn't so bad. Damn dolls. Unless I am going to die several more times, level 98 should be reached easily within next 200-300 runs.

Good luck everybody and gg Kecin on being first.

[highlight]Go Go Alchemists![/highlight]

Edit: @Thyiad: You are correct about the wizardspike(it is Hel socketed), but the shield is Moser's (2x Pdiamond). The sorc has no points invested in dexterity, so those are drake's ring of perfection(28 mana, 20 dex) and chromatic amulet of precision(30 all res, 15 dex) - needed for equipping the Wizzy.

What's the ring and ammy Krovak? (I guess Wizardspike and Whitstan on the others.)

/nosey

Sent my first update to the supervisor, have had some distractions like birthdays and other silly stuff, and a friend of mine lured me into playing some b.net with him too, but it's not too bad sofar

I just got home from an extra long day at work. Going to run AT until I fall asleep at the keyboard or my wrist breaks... Will send an update to Mursilis before I head to bed tonight.

1st update sent, only just got my 5th qualifier, its slow going with a Barb!!!

Had very little time to run the past 2 days, actually, none at all yesterday and only about an hour tonight... I'll hope I'll be able to catch up tomorrow.

Anwyay, why I'm posting:

Doom Song
Gothic Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 57 to 215
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 48
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb6ba2f58
+331% Enhanced Damage
+236 to Attack Rating
+14 to Minimum Damage
+7 poison damage over 3 seconds
20% Increased Attack Speed

Found this just 15 minutes ago, so close, yet so far to go before it beats wf... (oh yes, I have a thing for bows)

Good night and good luck

As suspected, I'm in last place...Hopefully I'll be able to step it up...I can't do any runs now until I fix my PC, since my parents trashed it with spyware and malware. I can't even turn it on without it freezing. I backed up after sending my updates, so it won't be catastrophic if I have to format, but I don't see much more progress coming from me. If I don't get it fixed soon, I'll probably drop out =/.

Sorry no update yet. I havent had time to run much yet. Only 150 runs so far. Will send an update on wed or thurs

I'm still pretty far behind, but I finally hit 1050. 48 qualifiers so far, 6 of them grailers.

Thus far, there's been plenty of close but no cigars. Most annoying things thus far: a Hand of Broc (normally nice, but it's not a grailer and it's rarer than items I'd really like to have drop) and this:

Unearthed Wand of the Bat
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 28
Durability: 28 of 36
Required Level: 64
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x830b4d87
5% Mana stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead

I'll be trying to send an update to Mursilis every day.

Jrlafrance sent me update so I can add him in list:

Baal cathegory:

1. Zaliqai
2. krovak
3. Callador
4. jrlafrance

Next update I would like to make probably on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning or so.

@krovak: Corpse retrieval kit, nice! That would have come handy to me few times during the journey ;)
I have managed to get the corpse every time so, but sometime it has taken quite long with merc doing most of the killing, while I hide behind the corner :whistling:

Good luck with reaching 98 and hopefully you don't die just before 98 (I know how painful that is...)

At the moment I have done about 470 Baal runs without much success in qualifiers... (non-qualifiers is another thing though)

jrlafrance said:
Whew! ~1K runs I can do, I wasn't sure about another 12K! And I'm doing the minions @/p8, Baal @ /p3. Still, at an average of 5 min./run, thats still a lot of time to invest!

I played windowed mode last night, to try to get my times down some...loading times were much quicker, but I didn't find that my times improved much, maybe down to 4.5 mins/run. Any suggestions on quicker runs? Maybe a better map, it's 8-10 teleports per level. My merc gear is eth Fort., Andy's visage, and Kelpie Snare. I'm doing 12k hammer damage, at the fastest cast rate for Paladins. Played for ~3 hours, and only ~40 runs :banghead:

jrlafrance said:
I played windowed mode last night, to try to get my times down some...loading times were much quicker, but I didn't find that my times improved much, maybe down to 4.5 mins/run. Any suggestions on quicker runs? Maybe a better map, it's 8-10 teleports per level. My merc gear is eth Fort., Andy's visage, and Kelpie Snare. I'm doing 12k hammer damage, at the fastest cast rate for Paladins. Played for ~3 hours, and only ~40 runs :banghead:

Got a smite switch for baal? Something with static or crushing blow (or both) will do much better then hammers, if you have one point in fanatisicm.

Do try to roll a better map. The best ones for lvl 2 are the L-shaped and the one where you see the entrance behind the wall from the WP, lvl 3 is pretty random. Shouldn't take long to improve really.

And keep doing windowed mode, it's the only way I play :D

San said:
Got a smite switch for baal? Something with static or crushing blow (or both) will do much better then hammers, if you have one point in fanatisicm.

Do try to roll a better map. The best ones for lvl 2 are the L-shaped and the one where you see the entrance behind the wall from the WP, lvl 3 is pretty random. Shouldn't take long to improve really.

Or switch to Chaos Sanctuary :badteeth:

San said:

Unfortunately I do not have any spare points, and none in Fanaticism. I don't have Stormlash (static field) either. I do have a point in Smite, and with +skills, it's at slvl22. The question is I've got HotO flail main weapon, and CtA Crystal Sword (eth) on switch...so, is either of those going to do more damage than 12k hammers?

My map from level 2-3 is an L-shaped, and 3-4 (Throne room) is a straight shot tele.

Jrla, hoto and cta are bad, you need some CB and/or Static Field. I used 'Black' Scourge (40% CB) before I got my 'Lash and it worked out pretty good. And it's dirt cheap so you can always try it :)

Neksja said:
Jrla, hoto and cta are bad, you need some CB and/or Static Field. I used 'Black' Scourge (40% CB) before I got my 'Lash and it worked out pretty good. And it's dirt cheap so you can always try it :)

Yeah, I figured as much. Bummer part of it is that I need to lose 2-3 skillers, or switch gear from the cube.:scratchhead:

3000 AT runs finished update sent to mursiils
this MFO seems that I have very few luck
still I have no interesting items for final TOP5 :(

Holy expletive deleted batman! 3k runs in already?! I was looking at 3k as my top end for the whole week, if I was lucky. Mad props on your determination (and the steadfastness of your hands/wrists ;)).

Today was a much better day with couple nice qualifiers, but still I have to say that the best find was a non-qualifier :whistling:

My pace is still good and so far I'm on plus-side of the goal I set for myself - get at least 10 M exp each day. Even more positive thing is the fact that I haven't suffered any death's yet *knocks wood*
I hope the same thing to fellow Baal runners and to other runners too 👍

Sent the update to sequana - will be eager see my new standing :)

maareek said:
Holy expletive deleted batman! 3k runs in already?! I was looking at 3k as my top end for the whole week, if I was lucky. Mad props on your determination (and the steadfastness of your hands/wrists ;)).

last year just after 2k runs I had 97+ points and did 3k total I had very lucky drops and this year is another story

Wow... I have about 850 runs in at this point. Granted, I haven't had nearly as much time to play as I thought I was going to have, but still... 3K!!! Wow! I sympathize with the bad luck though. ;)

I'll put in another 50 runs tonight, then send off an update to Mursilis.

EDIT: Nothing to report. About 75 runs, resulting in nothing that upgrades my current top 5. On the other hand, my socketed/socketable stash is getting very well stocked, I found another rainbow facet jewel (3/3 poison), a Lem and a Pul. For some reason I was surprised to see that Trang's armor is not one of the eligible items! I thought it was a higher TC than it is I guess.
bassano said:
last year just after 2k runs I had 97+ points and did 3k total I had very lucky drops and this year is another story
Plenty of time left for the absurdly rare drops to fall. 😉

It's been a weird MFO so far. I've seen six TC 3s so far, 3 Lenymos, Gull, Torch of Iro and now a Pluckeye. Very strange. While I haven't checked ATMA, I'd wager some of those are rarer than the high end items I'm shooting for :rolleyes:

I plan on updating the Level 85 area group in about 24 hours. So fair warning for those that haven't sent me anything yet, :nono: as well as those who want to see where they rank to get me their drops beforehand.

I'm confused....why is Kira's Guardian on the Baal list, but not on the Meph list? ATMA lists it under the Unique: Exceptional list for both monsters...

Should it be added to Meph? Or eliminated from Baal?

Update sent to Mursilis via PM. Only 250 runs done thus far. Nothing exciting.

@xxnothing: Trang's armor isn't a qualifier because it's an exceptional item, not an elite. ;) Congrats on the Pul, though. My highest rune so far is a Ko.

@bassano: It's probably just a drought and then in the last 50 runs you'll find a Tyrael's. ;p

One word of warning to the other alvl85 runners: I've found two of these so far

Code:
[b]Storm Lash[/b]
Heavy Belt
Defense: 6
Durability: 15 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 41
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xdbf72aef
+7 to Life
+25 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +27%
Poison Resist +11%
Replenish Life +8
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

and the other one's not a heavy belt. ;) ...It's a war belt. :rolleyes:

Need to get in another 100 runs to keep my average at >250 runs per day, so I'm about to get to that. Finally found an item that I'm almost certain will be taken from me if I don't win, so that'll provide some motivation. I'll send an update before I head to bed.

Aaahh, thanks Maareek! That explains it. I was thinking since I'll find ten IK Crushers for every one Trang's armor... ;)

But yeah, the Pul was a nice find. My runes so far from this MFO (only runes from AT) included that Pul, Lem, Fal, Ko, Hel x4, Dol x5, Shael x3, Sol x6 and the usual glut of runes below that. I'm hoping for a Lo, or another Ohm to go with my WSK Ohm. 👍

Well, tonight after work I should be able to devote a solid 3-4 hours to running AT. Best of luck to all, but especially myself! ;)

Lvl 85 Areas update sent to Mursilis.

3K runs?!?! Mad props!

I am barely over 1K, without any improvements so far. Maybe today's session will be better.

@Corrupted:
Can you share the Act3 merc equipment? I am pwning CS with my EnigmaZerker lately (seal bosses+hork and Diablo), but the bloody merc dies on me every couple of runs :( Could be the level though, I am barely 82 iirc. He uses Kiras, Guardian Angel, Stormshield and Lawbringer.

maxicek said:
Lvl 85 Areas update sent to Mursilis.

Ditto.

Considering the amount of runs I've done (<400), I'm very pleased with my finds. I'm getting increasingly worried about the part where the winners claim their prizes, though. :nervous:

zerth said:
3K runs?!?! Mad props!

I am barely over 1K, without any improvements so far. Maybe today's session will be better.

@Corrupted:
Can you share the Act3 merc equipment? I am pwning CS with my EnigmaZerker lately (seal bosses+hork and Diablo), but the bloody merc dies on me every couple of runs :( Could be the level though, I am barely 82 iirc. He uses Kiras, Guardian Angel, Stormshield and Lawbringer.

I'm using the same with a few extra ral sockets. Generally, he dies a lot if you don't pay attention to him. But once you do, the only thing that's gonna kill him Diablo when he's cursed. If you watch the video you can see how I try to position him so I'm the one tanking, always teleporting somewhat close to my target then moving a few steps forward. Against Diablo you'll see that I teleport whenever he throws his firestorm because that fries the merc instantly.
I want to try a telezerker for p1 runs as well, but CS is not really that ideal since seal bosses and Diablo don't count towards the MFO :)

As for my results, I might send an update later tonight. After ~1k p7 pit runs and ~1,1k p1 AT runs my results are extraordinarily poor.

I have just all updates what I expected

so for now

San - sure dominator of pindle category for now :D
Sequana
RIP
Zarfen
Buraz

under san is very close community :)

edit: added buraz whitch sent me report now

Team Update

Alchemists
Winnatitis
Team Kitten Killers!
Team Kittens!
Tiddlywinks

The scores that are in appear close.

Also, a mostly impressive showing by the teams, team players vs non team playes are dominating most of the categories

Baal cathegory - after second update:

1. Callador
2. Zaliqai
3. krovak
4. jrlafrance

Callador made nice jump, but game is open.

I can edit this post if jrlafrance send his 2nd update, but maybe I will just post last update on Friday evening (I hope that is best time for it). So please send me last updates before Friday night European time (GMT +/-1).

Good luck.

[highlight]EDIT:[/highlight]
Jrlafrance sent me update, order remains same.
jjscud said:
Also, a mostly impressive showing by the teams, team players vs non team playes are dominating most of the categories
Oh we can't have that at all. Time for us non-aligned folks to put those who need the support of a team in their place. This is the Single player forum. 😁

Second update E-mailed to Mursilis, nothing amazing, Iam Overburden is now well on his way to lvl96 hopeing to get there by the end of the MFO.

I just sent update #1. :)

Another wrist-wrecking evening resulting in a slight upgrade to my score. Found several grailers, but only one qualified for the MFO. It's a relatively fun find though. Update sent to Mursilis.
I'm done for tonight. May your drops be good!
Only had time to do a few runs tonight, RL gets in the way at times :rolleyes:. Anyway, the Great facet hunt is up to 11 so far with plenty of time left.

Speaking of time left, time for another level 85 area update.

[highlight]Level 85 Areas Update[/highlight]

zerth
Naab
LD50
maareek
Corrupted
bassano
omgwtfbbqnub
Jaedhann
jjscud
xxnothing
DX-Crawler
Mungo
Phosheez
maxicek

Just about everyone is only a single point, or less, from one of their neighbors. It's quite close and anyone's race. 👍

In the Doghouse:
DarkChaos
Drixx
Thomh

bassano said:
so for now

San - sure dominator of pindle category for now :D

Hmm, its nice to know, who stollen my luck :coffee: I can just say, that this is one of the most dry running sequences for me, thats pretty sure...

Thats happening to me in every MF tourney...Arrrgh

Ugh, wow, today was a rough slog. Longest qualifier less drought that I can remember ever from running AT, though I did end up with a fairly low qualifier dropping with a solid roll and I found a Cat's Eye, which was a grailer. Up to 7 grailers now, 6 of them qualifiers. Also hit 95 with Blizzy, so that's cool.

Maybe my luck will pick up tomorrow. Hopefully I can squeeze in a decent amount of runs even with the BCS Championship game being tomorrow night.

Good luck to all you pindle/Baal/Meph runners out there, and lots and lots of IK Mauls to you other alvl 85 runners. ;p
Last 150 runs was terrible. No improvement of my score at all and there IS a lot to improve. Was slain again, this time it was a conviction gloam pack. Fortunately, the corpse was retrieved again.

Baal teased me with a failed set legend spike and again dropped one of these:

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 19
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 3
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xd9977058
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

I am considering a map reroll, but who knows, let's hope I'll be more lucky from now on...

Sent in an update, but my score didn't improve much.

Not quite 200 runs, but the drops stink! Looks like I've got my work cut out for me if I'm gonna improve!

Ouch krovak, good thing that you were able to recover the corpse.
Do you have stacked lightning resist?
After one similiar gloam incident I now have enough resists that only conviction combined with lower resists will reduce my light res lower then 75.

Huh, due to forum troubles I managed to get to diii.net yesterday for the first time this year. Sent my report no. 1. It`s fun to run Pindle for a change. Score is not to high, but i found few grailers that make me happy. Managed to get killed on 1.st run :duh: when I accidentaly teleported into middle of them. Getting close to clvl 95, hopefully I`ll reach it.
Most interesting non qualifier find is double Highlord`s wrath which are my only two uniques ammys found, also a grailer (first one tough 😁 )

happy hunting everyone.
@Callador: My light resist is only 75+1. I have never thought about increasing it further, but maybe sacrificing some MF for LRes would be good. This was the first time that something like this happened to me(all other deaths were more or less avoidable).

When I reach 98, I'll probably finish the MFO with the current setup, but if I ever decide to seriously run for lvl 99, I'll definitely re-gear the sorc for more survivability. Better charms and better CtA(now +2 BO/+2 BC) wouldn't hurt either...

A question, if I may..

Suppose I have multiple qualifiers with the same score, and enough that they don't all fit in top5. Can I choose which I put in my top5, or do I have to go with the scoresheet?

I believe you can choose. I also have a bunch of 3.3 point items, so I choose what I put in top 5 (3 same items for less writing 😁)

Second update sent to lionheartthebrave. Some improvement on the score.

What's with all the squid sightings? :dontknow:

@krovak: Sorry about your death, but I love your corpse retrieval kit. It's now part of my gear as well.

Sent my second update on tuesday with not much of a score increase, so I now have a mouth full of Callador's dust :badteeth:. I have been able to increase my score again and will send that in tomorrow but I doubt it'll be enough. I've never been much of a Baal runner and am now starting to understand why no one runs him for items.

The only non-qualifiers worth mentioning are a HoZ and 2 SoJs.

Good luck all! 👍

[highlight]Meph runners[/highlight]

Darkoooo
Kecin
Nacruno
HolyPade
Mursilis
Juicy Cheese (1st update)

Smips has had to pull out due to PC issues

@JC: send me an update and I will adjust accordingly

This is the second and final planned update from me, that leaves a weekend of mystery for you all. Good luck to you all, if you want another update, say so

EDIT:
@Zaliqai: only 2 SoJ, I've never found one
I'm slipping behind, we can't have that. I call shenanigans!

On the plus side I did just find a grailer I've been looking FOREVER for....Tal Rasha's Amulet. That completes the set for me, ya! :jig:

I came up with some question after having to put off pindle for a while... It's rather monotone :D

1. Assuming you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, can you still loose your items to other winners? Ie. Anna scores 1st place while Billy comes in 2nd. Can Anna and Bob pick items from eachother? if so:
2. Assuming you place 1-3rd, can you somehow 'protect' your own items? Like picking your own Eschutas to prevent someone else from taking it from you.

----

I'm not sure how regurarly we should update. Anyway, I'll try and PM bassano with tonights haul... I keep improving my score, but after last posts "San's pwning all pindlerunners" I don't really see the light in the end of the pind.. ehr, I mean tunnel...

@zarfen: update recieved
picking your items yourself is useless beacuse first picks winners then 2nd places then 3rd so when you will have chance to pick there just will be nobody who can pick you item :)

to pindlerunners: last update I will write cca 24 hours from now so last chance for you :)

3 solid hours of AT running without a single qualifying item... Bleh! Maybe time to take a break....play some Left 4 Dead or something for awhile.

@Mursilis: Grats on the Tal's ammy! I just found my second one in AT last night. I'm still searching for a better Tal's Lidless Eye though (mine is 1/1/1).
Top person can't have their items taken, so all are safe. Second place can only lose one but third place can lose two, however that is balanced by the fact they can also take two from those ranked below them.

Edit: @Nothing: Thanks. I actually have everything else in spades, including a 2/2/2 Lidless eye. Just waiting forever for the darn amulet. Now have to figure out what build to use it for. I think I found 5 Lidless eyes so far with Mephisto, perhaps that's a good target for you?

[highlight]Note[/highlight]
Fair warning for the level 85 area runners, I plan on updating for the last time in 24 hours. That will leave you with most of the weekend to make up any difference you need, or hold onto your current spot.

Congrats on the tal's ammy, mursilis! I found mine with one of my first two chars and have been looking for a second one ever since with no luck, even though I've found 3 Arcanna's Signs and 3+ Telling of Beads (plus 2342342344 of the other set ammys). I'll put a vote in for building a FO/Nova sorc with full Tal's. Just hit the 105% FCR BP and try to get at least +10 total plus skills to nova (the -15% Enemy Light res will help make up for the loss of a few skill points).

Just finished watching the BCS title game, so I should have time to push my run count a little bit higher before sending Mursilis an update and going to bed. I'm up to 10 grailers so far, so there's still an outside chance that I can hit Grail - 30 during the MFO (and then possibly drop to Grail -32 afterwards...:rolleyes:).

I had to take a break for awhile, but I decided "just one more run before bed". Which turned into a second run before bed. On that second run I got a semi-decent item that upgraded my current score by a few points.
Update sent to Mursilis, and I'm off to bed. Peace all!

huh, just realised bassano updated my score on his last report. Darn, I`m last.
How much runs have you, other Pindlerunners, done? I`m at 700 :embarassed:

xxnothing said:
I decided "just one more run before bed". Which turned into a second run before bed.

Haha, I know that feeling. I needed about 15 runs before bed to meet my quota for the day and ended up doing 65. Of course, finding a grailer (fire facet woot) and a qualifier (though not a grailer) I'd been looking for since I started running AT about 4k+ runs ago played some small part in that.

Sent my update to Mursilis, so I'm off to bed. Good luck all! Except those in the area level 85 category, to whom I wish the wondrous, and numerous, Teachings of the great sage Dangoon.

buraz said:
huh, just realised bassano updated my score on his last report. Darn, I`m last.
How much runs have you, other Pindlerunners, done? I`m at 700 :embarassed:

I don't count Pindle runs anymore, but according spent time I can estimate around 3k for now, or rather more. From now I should have more time :).
A very nice non-qualifier from the chest behind Meph (p3):

Clicky

Darkoooo said:

Clicky

Grats for it darkoo
5 minutes I was not able to find it between that gold how you saw it? :D RRm gg

I found Gul yestarday :)

sequana said:
I don't count Pindle runs anymore, but according spent time I can estimate around 3k for now, or rather more. From now I should have more time :).

:crazyeyes:
darn, I`m sooooo sloooooow.

Grats on runes guys :envy smile:

Drats!

A golden phase blade, stirred my hopes for a better score... Alas:

Lightsabre #12
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 99 to 131
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xad379af2
+189% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Minimum Damage
+30 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-200 lightning damage
Adds 60-120 magic damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
+7 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Lightning Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 18 Chain Lightning on attack

On other news, this is the 3rd grailer of the MFO. I only miss Metalgrid now and I am done with the jewelry department.

zerth said:
Drats!

A golden phase blade, stirred my hopes for a better score... Alas:

I have just 5 lightsabres in this MFO :p

@nothing: I've found 2 tal orbs so far, 1/1/1 and 1/1/2 :p

@darko: Nice! Congrats!

----

@Buraz: I'm glad someone took over that last place :p
I'm pretty sure I'm over 700 runs (I don't count my runs, only some sessions when I force myself to do x number of runs or I'll get no sleep/food :D)

@ Pindlerunners: I have trouble keeping my stamina up for long periods, I'm topping at ~200 runs per session, which isn't so bad I guess, but I had a few days where I could not run at all :/ How do you keep your running sessions up and going? :p
What's your average run time? I only started a run counter on wednesday when I was at a slower computer that takes a few seconds to load the game itself, but I was pretty satisfied with averaging ~23 seconds from S&E to S&E, where most runs are just under 20 secs and when I find something to id/have to refill something is up to 30+.
This is at /p 1, I started out the week by trying some p3, p5, p8 etc, while it gave some nice levels, I later realised that pindles drops for good score items doesn't chance at all with higher settings, it's just more junk from minions to clear off screen :p

However, I got my blizzy from her ~70's to 91+ so far, so it's not a waste :D

Good luck fellow runners

Edit: I have found just 2 phase blades this mso and gotten equally over excited both times, just to find out it's lightsabres :p
Edit2: Make above statement 3 :p

I just finished another 100 runs, and I polished my avg. run times down to under 21 secs, yay

bassano said:
I have just 5 lightsabres in this MFO :p

Yes, I know, but for me it's now a total of Lightsabre - Azurewrath 12-0 (hence the hope)

zerth said:
Yes, I know, but for me it's now a total of Lightsabre - Azurewrath 12-0 (hence the hope)

I never found azurewrath in AT too I haveo nly from meph and baal
but 12-0 is very bad score I have about 10-0 in AT
zerth said:
I'm in the same boat. Mephisto owes me an Azurewrath by now if you count the runs from previous MFOs and the Mephathon. With my luck it will drop at 12:01am on Monday :crazyeyes:

zarfen said:
What's your average run time?

huh, I run at P8, and managed to get avarage run time at about 40 seconds when I don`t kill minions, but I collect every S/U for fun :crazyeyes:

Darkoooo said:

Clicky

I'm glad I use RRM...it took me about 30 seconds to find that Sur rune! :p

Zaliqai said:
I've never been much of a Baal runner and am now starting to understand why no one runs him for items.

Yeah, items are only a nice bonus, when the real thing with Baal running is the unpredictability with throne spaws (do I get Conviction Gloam pack with OK's, multiple doll packs with unraveller's or an empty throne :D)
and the variety of running when compared to other running targets.

and I guess exp is also one thing to run Baal for :p

Sent the update to sequana :)

[highlight]Meph runners[/highlight]

Darkoooo
Juicy Cheese
Kecin
Nacruno
HolyPade
Mursilis

JC sent me his second update, and jumped to #2

I'm not planning any more updates, so good luck to you all

Just out of curiosity, for the Baal runners, how many qualifiers are being found per run? I'm at about 200 runs with ~30 qualifiers with ~274MF.

I sent update after my 5k AT runs to mursiils
finally I found somethink but I still need decisive item for now is my score quite low for 5k runs :)

bassano said:
I sent update after my 5k AT runs to mursiils
finally I found somethink but I still need decisive item for now is my score quite low for 5k runs :)

Holy cripes... 5k runs? I've got maybe 1,400 runs in at this point. :crazyeyes:

This MFO has been good for me. I spent many years playing on BNET, so when I went to SP just over a year ago I was starting from scratch. Found lots of grailers over the past few days (my grail is currently no where even close to being complete, heheh). Of course having my first character in SP be a Blizz/CL sorc helped so I could start MFing some items. Next came my hammerdin (I decided to build my first every hammerdin after I racked a HoZ in Durance 3 one day). After that I retired the cold/lightning sorc and built a cold/fire sorc, which I feel is easier to play and more versitile. By this time I was lucky enough to have found an entire Tal's set, minus the lidless eye. Eventually that dropped as well, so I now have a pretty decent MFing machine.

Sorry about the rambling... time to get myself back down into the tunnels!

Update sent to Mursilis.

I managed to up my run count to 1600 and doing that I actually increased my score (by less than one point of course). Waiting the next update. If I haven't hit the bottom, I might push myself a bit during the weekend ;)

Ph33r me!

For now I received updates only from Callador and Zaliqai, order is still same, Callador is leading :).

(I hope I will receive remaing updates tomorrow morning and that it won't be late to post last update for Baal cathegory.)

Good luck before weekend!

EDIT
@jrl: Yeah, I know. Now I meant that I'm waiting for 3rd update, as Callador and Zaliqai sent me already 3rd update, so I wanted to make last update. But that's ok, you can send just final results then of course.

EDIT2
Last update posted already. I'm sorry for slight confusion.

sequana said:
For now I received updates only from Callador and Zaliqai, order is still same, Callador is leading :).

(I hope I will receive remaing updates tomorrow morning and that it won't be late to post last update for Baal cathegory.)

Good luck before weekend!

Not that it makes much of a difference, but I sent in an update 2 days ago (maybe yesterday?). I won't be sending in another update, just my final score on Sunday.

last pindle update

sequana - own all pindlerunner for now gg alchemists 👍
san - only first update but still very good score head to head for victory
zarfen - waiting for decisive drop to save everything
RIP - first update too stay behind for now :)
buraz - try to find some grailers

good luck to all pindle runners for last weekend

Last update from baal category
- just to be clear

1. Callador
2. Zaliqai
3. krovak
4. jrlafrance

I spent too much time with Pindle, so I feel like after a brainwashing...

bassano said:
zarfen - waiting for decisive drop to save everything

Indeed! :D I've not sent you another update bassano, since I haven't improved my score since the update I sent yesterday, despite a solid 700 runs :crazyeyes: Never been so exhausted from a game before.

GL for the weekend. Since I hope I still can find that saving drop, I will try to get at least another 1000 runs this weekend, with fingers crossed 👍
I'm really looking forward to see the pindle runners final 5.

I'd love to send a nice update to Mursilis, but unfortunately I haven't upgraded my score in the last ~300 runs. Found another grailer just now, which is nice.

Code:
Snowclash
Battle Belt
Defense: 101
Durability: 14 of 18
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0x869f8514
+136% Enhanced Defense
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist
Adds 13-21 cold damage over 3 seconds
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Chilling Armor (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
+15 Cold Absorb
5% Chance to cast Level 17 Blizzard when struck

I've been running LK and/or Meph off and on all day in addition to AT (I simply can't run ONLY one target for so long. My head starts to feel like it's packed with oatmeal from the boredom). One of those LK runs just paid off...

👍 So, it's not a Lo or a Ber... but still nice.
Been a seriously weird MFO for me. Found over a dozen TC3 items so far, 3 of them grailers, with the last one being Bane Ash. Only one more TC3 to have completed the normal/exceptional grail. :nod: Who says Cold Crow is the best target for TC3s, I'm disagreeing! Beyond that the non-qualifers should keep me busy equipping characters for quite a while to go. Unfortunately I seem to be slacking in the good qualifying item area as I've slipped to last. Ack! Well, worst comes to worse that means everyone above me has better items and won't want mine. 😉

[highlight]Area 85 Update[/highlight]

Corrupted
bassano
Naab
maareek
zerth
LD50
Phosheez
omgwtfbbqnub
Jaedhann
jjscud
xxnothing
Mungo
DX-Crawler
maxicek

Some movement may look like huge jumps, and I did get several updates, but since most of you were within a few points of each other last update looks can be deceiving. It's still possible for anyone to take the crown. Good luck!

That's my last update before the end of the tournament.

Last Team Update

Winnatitis
Alchemists
Team Kitten Killers!
Team Kittens!
TPTEAPEATEEPEE

Everyone but the last team (no updates :crazyeyes:) are very close to at least one of their neighbors.

RAts! I managed to get killed by double power strike of pindle + minion when I teleported to close to them. They killed me in a second.
Then I tried to pick up corpse, and got killed again :banghead:
Looks like I won`t be reaching clvl 95 :(
But, at least I got Wisp Projector few runs later :rolleyes:
400 runs done and still no improvement of the score I had after 200. I am a grass widower this weekend, so plenty of time for at least 300 more.

Good luck everybody, the monsters are going to have hard times this weekend!

400+~ish runs today and still no improvement :rant: (found a metalgrid, so that was at least a nice surprise)
Doesn't look that great for me, since I'm not sure if I can keep this run phase up... I guess I'm kind of a noob runner, since my hand has gotten soar from the mfo :p
[highlight]2x Hooray![/highlight]

First: After five or six days of getting so "good" items that I had to check if I am really running hell difficulty, I finally improved my score, and by a nice amount. My head aches, my eyes bleed, but I knew the dry streak has to end one day.

Second: My sorc is finally lvl 98, so she no longer feels vulnerable. Let's see how many pixels of EXP towards 99 can I make tomorrow.

Go go Alchemists!

1K of Pindleruns over, not sure will i manage to run him more... and looks like that last place is mine :evil:

@Callador: I ran Meph and Pindle during the last MFOs and Baaling is far less boring. The variety of the spawns you mentioned and the potential danger they represent certainly help keep me awake :D.

@jrlafrance: I have 280MF and I'm finding 0.17 qualifiers per run.

I also hit lvl 97 late yesterday which is the highest I've ever gone with a character. It's also nice since now it won't hurt as much should I die which is becoming more likely since my concentration has started slipping after 9 days of Baal & co. 💫

5.5 hours of running AT and only ONE new qualifying item, and it doesn't even upgrade my score. It's a grailer I've been looking for forever though, so it's ncie to have found. Today I decided to go all out speed+MF. I ditched some items related to general survivabilty (resists, +skills, etc) in favor of more MF. Been running all day at ~540 MF at /p1 or /p3, killing boss packs and champions only. Times down to around 1 minute per run. I was having better luck when I was running at ~340 MF doing full clears at /p3-/p5. I sympathize with Zarfen... my wrist is going to be worthless by the end of this thing! ;)
Have had 3 deaths so far. The first two were identical... after several horus of running, I quit paying attention. More watching TV than watching my runs. Both times I teleported right into a pack with Cursed, Extra Strong and a might aura somewhere. Insta-death. This third one just happened now... teleported into the midst of a bunch of Horror Mages with Multi-Shot, Extra-Fast and Conviction aura...
screenie here. And this is after I've ditched resist items for MF items...

@^:I died numerous times when experimenting with teleport range, ending up face to face with pindle while he has some nasty mods :p

Anyway, another 300 runs and I only tied my lowest top 5 qualifyer (the very same item, with worse stats :p), I'll try to do some runs tomorrow, but since I do most of my runs around midnight and it ends tomorrow, I have to get really lucky to make any improvements... Maybe if I spent more time with pindle and less time whining in this thread :p

Hehehe, I hear that! I don't know how many times I've accidentally teled right into Pindleskin and been insta-killed. :)

Well, another 400 runs or so, and only one more qualifying item. Unfortunately, it does not help my score. I am so sick of running AT, I went and quested my javazon through NM act 1 just for a change of scenery. Lightning Fury is silly powerful by the time you get to NM... Fun stuff.
Another day full of runs, another set of TC3 items. Seriously, some of these are more rare than the items I need to increase my score, that's just....mean.
Speaking of which I did manage to find an item or two to increase my score a tad. Not enough to threaten the leaders, but hopefully enough to at least come in second to last. HolyPade, you'd better watch out! :evil:

@jrla: I haven't been counting qualiifiers, but if I had did that yester day evening that averege would have been very low with 50 something runs without a single qualifier (yeah, not even IK maul or dangoon's). I'm packing 343 MF for minions and 473 on switch for Baal. Grats on 97, btw!

@krovak: Gongratulations for reaching the 98! Nice to see someone else join the 98 club 👍
Now you will see how long it takes to see any movement at all at exp bar :p

@Zaliqai: Grats on 97!

Final day of the MFO, let's all run like mad until the clock strikes midnight!

Well just sent off my final and only report to bassano (haven't had access to internet all week) so unfortunately for me I'm flying blind. Didn't manage to get many runs at all throughout the week due to work but spent this weekend running like a madman, must have put in at least 30 hours.

Anyway good luck to all, twas good fun but I don't think I'll run pindle again... he's even more boring than Baal 😁.

Here's to seeing the results.

Joosh 👍

First little improvement after Wednesday midnight and stye in my eye (not pleasant thing I must say, it makes running Pindle even more exhausting). I'm almost glad that today is last day of MFO, last day full of effort :).

EDIT:
zarfen said:
... Maybe if I spent more time with pindle and less time whining in this thread

I think whining is good thing to relax a bit and get better mood, at least temporarily 😁.

My luck isn't helping me so far. I am in the same boat with you Mursilis about TC3's, i have found about a dozen of them. Yes they are nice founds but i would rather have less rare items during MFO.

When i run meph for hours i simply find nothing at all. And when i make a few runs in between my other things, i get some nice items. Therefore i was unable to find anything worthy during this and previous weekend. My score is the same as the last and i am worried about my rank and score for my team =(. I will keep on trying till midnight and than i do not want to see meph for a very looong time.

And yes i also feel the pain in the wrist :whistling:

Final day is for now hard first 250 runs without success and to finish 6k runs I still need 500+ runs so I am without eat to midnight :D
damn that yesterday beers

bassano said:
to finish 6k runs

For those who don't know bassano - yes, he is a little bit mad, d2-wise :crazyeyes:

But I have to do it anyway...

WTF?!?!?! 6k???? h4xx four handed unhuman creature with two computers :worship:

Edit:

Phew, screw pindle! I can't take any more runs :D

I PM'd my final update to bassano. GG on all runners, hope you had better luck than me this weekend.
I'm exceited to see all your scores ;)

Now for a sunday beer and some lazy TV ro relax :crazyeyes:

Cheers
/zarf

Just sent my final update to sequana. I killed Baal and his minions 2k times and that will have to be enough. Last notable non-qualifier was a 27 Mara's.

Good luck to all those still running! 👍

I'm finished and sent the final score to sequana.

@Zaliqai: Wow, 2k runs! :shocked:
That's impressive. I "only" managed to do about 1340 runs and earned a nice number of 111 M exp in the process :)

I found some great non-qualifiers but I will post them after the results have been posted :rolleyes:
@zaliqai: 2k runs, that means 200 runs each day for the last 10 days?:crazyeyes: I've done ~140 today and feel like I need a doctor.

@All: I am really exhausted, ran both yesterday and today from 7am to 11pm(with some necessary breaks). In the end I did not reach the goal of 700 runs, but at least I managed to make it a nice, demonic number, 666:devil:. Not stopping at 650 was a good idea, because I have improved my score in run #653!

The last two days were really fruitful, at least in comparison with the rest of the week. Four items out of my TOP5 were found this weekend!

As for non-qualifiers, I have scored this awesome drop today(Warning, spoilers included! The ring was a Nature's Peace). More on drops later...

Good luck everyone who is still running, you are gonna need it! [highlight]Alchemists ftw![/highlight]

Sent my Act 5 SuperUniques final result to Bassano's e-mail.

I apologize for not sending any updates during the MFO. I didn't get many runs done, but the effort I put to the last few hours of the MFO paid off a little bit at least; considering the low number of runs done (I don't know the number, but not many), my item finds were probably a tiny bit lucky.

Good luck to those who are still running. : )

Well, i'm done. This MFO has been a disaster for me. I'm a little disgraced about my score.

I did get some nice non-qualifiers though
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x8bd979ee
112% Extra Gold from Monsters
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 316
Durability: 28 of 50
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xffd1658c
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
+178% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +33%
9% Life stolen per hit
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

and a vex rune

My runs are finished too. My run counter finished on 5900 AT runs I was not able to play more :)

I just sent final update to mursiils

I just have quite all final results from pindle runners. Only RIP and buraz I still miss

Good luck to all runners for final results it was nice MFO
especially my teammates alchemists gg :)
and thanks to jjscud for it 👍

All aboard the failboat!!!

Code:
Blood Barb
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 40 to 51
Durability: 156 of 204
(Assassin Only)
Required Strength: 118
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x76fa749e
Replenish Life +3
+2 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+2 to Blades of Ice (Assassin Only)
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Ghoul Fist
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 64 to 82
Durability: 162 of 204
(Assassin Only)
Required Strength: 118
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd5f6e44e
+62% Enhanced Damage
Adds 2-125 lightning damage
Adds 14-44 cold damage over 2 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Chain Lightning on attack

Bloodlord Skull of Life Tap
Defense: 134
Chance to Block:  32%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 22 of 40
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 106
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x326945b
Adds 12-28 poison damage over 4 seconds
+1 to Decrepify (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Attract (Necromancer Only)
Level 5 Life Tap (48/97 Charges)

Viridian Bloodlord Skull of Restoration
Defense: 140
Chance to Block:  32%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 40 of 40
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 106
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb6bfae81
Poison Resist +11%
Adds 25-50 poison damage over 4 seconds
+3 to Blood Golem (Necromancer Only)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Cobalt Dimensional Shard of Sorcery
One-Hand Damage: 45 to 79
Durability: 51 of 51
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 66
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf2c4a66c
+13 to Energy
+52 to Mana
Cold Resist +26%
+1 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Thunder Storm (Sorceress Only)

Freezing Dimensional Shard of Meteor
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 53
Durability: 94 of 100
(Sorceress Only)
Fingerprint: 0xb71e6e11
+19 to Mana
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
Level 4 Meteor (11/45 Charges)

Serpent's Dimensional Shard
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 53
Durability: 60 of 100
(Sorceress Only)
Fingerprint: 0x5f354784
+20 to Life
+18 to Mana

Fiend Crest
Guardian Crown
Defense: 151
Durability: 108 of 165
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 196
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xeb48b1b
+8 to Life
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +6%
+1 to Shout (Barbarian Only)

Storm Hood
Guardian Crown
Defense: 670
Durability: 83 of 83
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 186
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7bba3795
+3 to Energy
+19 to Life
+165% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Nova when struck

Skull Guard
Vortex Shield
Defense: 314
Chance to Block:  39%
Smite Damage: 5 to 87
Durability: 156 of 255
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x74931c33
+5 to Strength
+39% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 1
Fire Resist +29%
Lightning Resist +29%
Cold Resist +49%
Poison Resist +29%
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Missing one more failed unique Guardian Crown in there which I must have tossed away in despise :badteeth:

I have sent my final score to lionhearth. Too bad for me that it is same as my score on friday. I ran meph all weekend yet no qualifier worthy of top 5 dropped.

I should have hated meph by now but thanks to this drop today i love him more than ever. As a hint, i will make a Fortitude as soon as i find a nice archon plate :yes:. My highest rune drop ever.

I do not know how many runs i did but i found 166 qualifiers and 10 different TC3 items in total. I had never such a week so full of diablo before, and i actually enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for hosting jjscud.

Good luck to all still running...
Nac.

Finished. Satisfied. Exhausted.

Results sent to bass.

Results received from Zaliqai, Callador, krovak and Aman. Great job 👍.

Good luck to all who are still fighting!

[highlight]EDIT[/highlight]
And yes, readouts! Some of you forgot them, please plase resend :).

Currently received updates from JC and Nacruno, but neither of you have sent the [highlight]readouts[/highlight] of your top 5 items :nono:

@Nac: i will take that Lo rune as punishmment:evil2:

EDIT:

@jjscud: hmm, you don't want the readouts this time?

Oh yeah, forgot my best non-qualifiers:

Code:
Vex Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Helms: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Required Level: 55

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x1223fbd5
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
17% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (11/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (15/15 Charges)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xb5c0df6f
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x7e7613bd
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xe2b9a247
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+3% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xbc70af8f
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd8bd3569
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2d5d6dc3
+36 poison damage over 2 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 23 Venom When You Level Up
+5% to Poison Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Im all done, pleased with my score, didnt make lvl96, will email my final update and printouts soon.

Still have ~3.5 hours left to run technically. Hopefully I can improve my score some.

I'm spent. I ran for 10+ hours today, all for nothing. My score remains unchanged from yesterday. Next MFO I'm going to try Meph or Baal instead, I don't think I want to see the inside of AT again for the next few years or so... ;)
Well, I'm currently spending some quality time gazing at my top item in the MFO stash. I have a feeling it'll be moving on to a new home after the final results are tallied!!!

Although today's runs were pretty worthless, overall the past week has brought me many grailers and some decent mid runes, along with some nice charms and jewels. Due to my obsessive need to pick up every flawless gem I see, my pgem stash is back to overflowing. Time to start rolling charms again!

It's been fun everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing all the shiny loot people have dragged out of those Ancient Tunnels (and other categories as well, of course).

Finished (around 24 hours ago). Had a power failure yesterday, and today's time was spent covering the work I have that's due tomorrow due to yesterday's power failure. Will send results tomorrow, first thing in the morning... or maybe a bit later.
Done. Absolutely no idea how many runs I did, going to have to tally that up tomorrow. All I know is my elbow hurts (that's a first) and I need to go to bed. Send my final stats already, with ATMA readouts of course. 😁 Oddly enough I think I replaced 4 of my top 5 today (and all grailers), but am positive I didn't come in the top 3. Hopefully it was enough to get me out of the cellar at least.

Oh and the Great Facet Hunt ended at 16.

@Bassano:Last update sent via PM, pls check Your message box...

So, my counter stopped at number 4230 and i can say, that im done with Pindle...Really, despite the fact, that i found really nice items, i hate this creature...After 30k + runs is time for change, ie Tunnels and Pit....

Best rune found :UM

Best non qualifiers will be Shimmering GC (15%) of Balance, another Shimmering (15%) GC and Highlords wrath...I surely missed something, there were few great rares, but i don't have readouts right now...

Because of a RL incident I didn't get to run much this weekend (310 runs combined between Fri, Sat, and Sun when I was averaging over 250 a day beforehand), so my score stayed almost the same. Still managed to pick up ~5 grailers during that time, though, so I'm fairly pleased.

Did 2090 runs, collecting 99 qualifiers (*grumble*), 801 non-qualifiers I deemed worthy (not including socketables) and 16 grailers. That comes out to a qualifier every 21.11 runs, which ain't bad at all. Must admit that I'm well-pleased with the finds, even if I didn't come close to the 3k runs I wanted to, and will almost certainly not wind up in the top 3 (I'd almost put money on 4th...).

Will be sending my final score to Mursilis in just a few minutes. Congratulations to all who ran; I'm excited to see everybody's hauls.

Still running, have ~1.5 hours left. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Just finished up here. Please get your final results to your supervisors. That's scores and ATMA readout of your top five.

Make sure you include your forum name, I always and up guessing on one or two. Basically like this:

jjscud
IK Stone Crusher - 1
IK Stone Crusher - 1
IK Stone Crusher - 1
IK Stone Crusher - 1
Tyrael's Might - 96.4
Total - 100.4

@Supervisors - Thanks for all your help. Please let me know in about 12 hours (7PM GMT) where you stand on collecting all the results

2k Baalruns in 10 days? It's p8/p3 or p1? Anyway, it's really incredible number, I am sure that even with uber motivation, I would go mad after five days with 150 runs.

I am waiting for final results to see your drops :nod:

Just sent my final result to bassano via PM. Not much of a score but I`m very pleased: I did 1K runs which I intened in first place, and I found many interesting items. I think I lost more exp than I gained becaouse of 3 deaths, but I don`t care :p

Anyway, I managed to pick up everything in that 1K runs, and I`ll post a summary of that later. Gotta go to work now.

OK, my MFO is over, and results have been sent in. I only managed ~300 runs, probably less (I lost my score sheet). Anyways, not a great score, but seeing how Aman hasn't updated at all, hopefully I won't come in last place!

Found a SoJ within my last 5 runs though!

Thanks jjscud for hosting, and all the category supervisors for doing a great job!

nothink from you in my PM
only if your final score is same with last update
if no, try again (maybe you have full PMbox so you can not sent it) :scratchchin:
rest of pindle runners I just have completed so after your PM I can send results to jjscud

Baal category is completed, I got all results. My big thank to guys from baal category for nice work 👍.

I sent these results to jjscud already, I hope it is alright how I did it.

I must say this was very nice MFO and I enjoyed it a lot.

*impatiently waits for final results*

E-mail resent with readouts.

Does anyone know when the Pindlethon will start? I have a char that i want to make ready for pindlethon but i also want to give diablo a break for a while =)

Final results sent to Mursilis by e-mail.

heh, just realised that I`ve sent results to myself 😁
Send again, hopefully, this time to you :crazyeyes:

buraz: results recieved

Final results of ACT5 SU just sent to jjscud

I have a lot of the results, but still missing them from:

Phosheez
omgwtfbbqnub
jjscud (slacker!)
DX-Crawler
Drixx
Thomh

I never got any updates from the last two, so no idea if they are still even competing. If you aren't let me know and I'll take you off the list.

Edit: I now have updates from DX-Crawler and Jjscud, still waiting for the rest.

Edit: @xxnothing: No need, I found the ATMA readouts I needed in the list so you are all set.

Oops, I just thought about it, last night I sent Mursilis the ATMA readout of my entire MFO stash. I should have sent just my 5 qualifiers. I will resend that when I get home from work this evening. My apologies!

@jjscud: just waiting on JC for a final report
Sent what I had to Jjscud. Still missing info from:

Phosheez
omgwtfbbqnub
Drixx
Thomh

But we aren't waiting for you slowpokes to let everyone know the results. 👅

[edit] Sent to Mursilis via PM. Sorry for any inconvenience for those in tourney, and especially to those in the A85 category.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High