This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Drixx on Dec 27, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
It's MFO Time - Signup thread
jjscud has passed to me the task of organizing and running the two MFO's that we have each year, and it's just about that time... that's right, a week plus of pure MFing.
Start date: January 7 2008
End date: January 15 2008
Total time - 9 days.
- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))
- teams (see end of post)
Anyone who is or has been active at the SPF may enter. However, the supervisors reserve the right to prohibit entry of anyone they see unfit and to disqualify anyone who is cheating.
If you're entered, try to do your best.
And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.
Allowed mods RRM, RWM, and CRM. You must post your mod status!
The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered in each category:
- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and Diablo's minions.
Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.
Summary of rules:
-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to compete in. No late entries will be accepted.
-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked items they find during the week.
-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.
-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.
-DO NOT post your finds, you may ID your finds.
-Email your findings to your area's supervisor within two days after the end of the MFO - by August 15th.
Things to include in your e-mail:
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered
Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Drixx
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of multiple find)
-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or PM saying so.
-In the interest of sportsmanship, please send updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email. Supervisors will likely post updates every 1-2 days. These updates will list current order but not points.
1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
with a maximum of 3 items taken from each entrant.
Hardcore players will compete for 1st through 3rd along with the softcore players; however, they may only take and have taken items with other Hardcore players.
The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.
Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)
I would very much like to have a supervisor for each catagory as jjscud did the last couple times. If you're interested in being a catagory supervisor, please pm me. If my box is full, my e-mail is jonathen (dot) roman (at) gmail (dot) com.
Also for those interested in what happen last time:
Rules for Teams (shamelessly copied from lemming):
- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.
- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 2 members (no 1-man teams)
- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.
- At least one member must participate in each of the Singles categories (the categories will be confirmed later).
- One member may run more than one category.
- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.
Eg. Both Chase and Sunbearie are in Team CB and running Baal. Chase has a score 150 while sunbearie's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be 150.
- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.
- The team with highest item score in a category recieves 10 points, 2nd in that category receives 9, 3rd gets 8, etc. So maximum score for a team would be 40 (1st in all 4 categories).
- As of this moment, team play is just for bragging rights. If I can find a reasonable reward, I will but participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.