MFO Winter 2008 Results [by Drixx]

grogs said:
You guys did suck quite a lot :p
Just wanted to quote this for good measure. Don't want such a gem to get lost in the trash pile of other posts, blabbing about MFO this and results that.

Okay... after all, this is a thread where congratulations are in order. Congrats to all the winners, and congrats to the teams that came out in front of Team CCBBBFF (read: all of them).

Great finds everyone, bassano's haul is indeed quite tantalizing. And huge congrats to Hrus for finding two of his remaining four grailers! Hrus, get to normal Andariel running, the Torch will drop soon enough. Then you'll at least have the grail-1. (Torch was one of my last ones too, but found it quite quickly when I finally stopped being lazy and started running normal Andariel)

Also, maybe I'm missing something here, but Denton in a MF competition? What the hell?

Lastly, Serdash sucked.

DarkChaos said:
Also, maybe I'm missing something here, but Denton in a MF competition? What the hell?
Hush, no one saw me do it until now when you with all of your awesomeness mentioned it. Now my cover is blown. : [ And I have participated in an MFO before, did about 100 pindals back then, that counts as participating, or does it?

But yeah, MF'ing isn't exactly my thing *cough boring cough*, but I had some nice motivators. And surprisingly it was fairly fun, though not fun enough to make me do even nearly as many runs as I could have. Maybe next time (omg next time? guess I'm losing it, or whatever was left of "it" :p).

Besides, my item stashes have been in a very bad shape for a long time, so it's about time to replenish them a bit, and MFO is a good excuse, I mean reason to do that. Meph now, and maybe Pindle or Tunnels at the possible next time.

And more on-topic:

In the progress thread Drixx mentioned his run speed was 30 seconds. 10k runs at 30 seconds per run over 10 days, that takes quite a lot of patience. gg.

@ Zaliqai: What was your Meph run speed like, and at which players setting?

Denton said:
@ Zaliqai: What was your Meph run speed like, and at which players setting?
I played fullscreen on p/1 and used the simple run counter that runs in the background. I've done pindleruns before in windowed mode but it just wasn't for me. I checked how many runs I could do in an hour on day 2 and I had about 100 so average run time for me was about 36 seconds. I probably could have shaved off a couple of seconds by going windowed but I don't think I would ever have been as fast as Drixx.

And I in turn am nowhere near as fast as some others ... some tips though.

1.) Use Telekenesis to activate the waypoint
2.) Spend time getting a great map. The best one I ever had was two teleports to durance 3.
3.) No wasted time. Don't just spam blizzard, do blizzard then 2x secondary attack, then blizzard.
4.) Use Static field. The 1-3 seconds it saves adds up over time.
5.) Don't pick anything up that isn't worth the time it takes to pick it up and stash it.
6.) When you're teleporting from the durance 3 stairway to mephisto's area, make sure you touch the platform so the bridge of bone raises out of the blood while you're fighting. That way, you can just teleport directly to the red portal, click it and then escape and S&E.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High