MFO Winter 2007 Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Feb 23, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFO Progress Thread

MFO Progress Thread

There were a couple typos in the score sheets so please make sure you have the correct ones. I've removed any bonuses for the low item of split item types. Your score sheet is correct if Lightsaber scores the same as Hellslayer.

With the great crash and occasional hiccup, I'm also posting all important info at http://diablo.jjscud.com/mfo

If you have any questions. Please email me at *redacted -Pb_pal*.

Supervisors:

Baal: Thyiad
lvl 85 areas: Drixx
Mephisto: Cattleya
A5 SUs: Hrus

Please email your supervisor regular updates. Someone asked recently if daily updates are required. My answer is no, BUT I personally think it more enjoyable to see daily update to the rankings.

Start date: February 24 2007
End date: March 4 2007

Total time - 9 days.

Now Good Luck

Addendum - If you're familiar with the MFO, read this for rule changes

I'm removing the restriction on posting finds. The simple fact is they do get discussed here and there so this just evens the board. No one is required to post their finds and the official progress rankings will still be order only.

Also, I'm limiting the pickings to 2 items max from a single person. So, if first and second each take an item from player X, third place cannot take a third item from that player.

There are a few other slight tweaks, all highlighted in bold.

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient
Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused
Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs
and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves))
- teams (see end of post)

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

example:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: jjscud

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of duplicate find)
Total 115.3

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

-Email your findings to your area's supervisor within 24 hours after
the end of the MFO - by February 26th.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods RRM, RWM. You must post your mod status!

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and
Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords
and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests
in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
with a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

These score sheets are final.

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Also for those interested in what happen last time:
The Signup
Progress
Results (If you're wondering what this is all about, check out some of the screenshots in this thread)

Rules for Teams:

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 4 members in a team with a minimum of 2 members (no 1-man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- At least one member must participate in each of the Singles categories.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- The team with highest item score in a category recieves 10 points, 2nd in that category receives 9, 3rd gets 8, etc. So maximum score for a team would be 40 (1st in all 4 categories).

- As of this moment, team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

Last edited:
Originally posted by: @jjscud

Final signup list:

----
Baal
----
Hoop76 (RRM/RWM)
jrlafrance (RRM/RWM)
grogs (RRM/RWM)
Gabriel74 (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
Krovak (RRM/RWM) (Team 1)
DX (RRM/RWM)
pwangsta (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
Silospen (RRM)
hepcat (RRM/RWM) (Team 3)
Aman (RWM/RRM)

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
jjscud (RRM/RWM)
Naab (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
sequana (RRM/RWM) (Team 1)
bovineman (RRM/RWM)
saucy (RRM/RWM)
Hp_Sauce (RWM - HC)
aitrus (RWM/RRM)
Hrus (Vanilla)
DeathMage (RWM/RRM)
Cormallon (Vanilla)
A sad mfer ( RWM/RRM)
Moar (RWM/RRM)
Jaedhann (RWM/RRM)
Colony (RWM/RRM) (Team 3)
Skinhead on the MBTA (RWM)
Dunedain (RWM/RRM)

--------
Mephisto
--------
Thyiad (RWM/RRM) (Team 3)
pwangtsa (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
Drixx (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
Sidhe (RWM)
saucy (RRM/RWM)
IronCrown (RRM/RWM)
Kecin (RRM/RWM) (Team1)
Thadar (Vanilla)
LD50 (RRM/RWM)
Phosheez (vanilla)

-------------------
Act V Super Uniques
-------------------
kthiru66 (RRM/RWM)
Drixx (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
SiTro (RRM/RWM)
Gabriel74 (RRM/RWM) (Team 2)
Jingizu (RRM/RWM) (Team 1)
Atil (Vanilla)
Denton (RRM/RWM) (Team 3)

------
Teams
------
1. The Alchemists (krovak, sequana, Jingizu, Kecin)
2. SPF Elite Runners(Drixx,Naab,Pwangsta,Gabriel74)
3. Neko Mimi Mode (Colony, Denton, Thyiad, Hepcat)

I will hold the team signup open for 24 hours incase any more Act 5 SU runners want to halp make another team or two.

--------------------
Available for teams
--------------------
Dunedain (lvl85)
DeathMage (lvl85)
Jaedhann (lvl85)
jrlafrance (Baal)
Phosheez (Meph)
IronCrown (Meph)

I've got a question.

Do the items still have to be unidentified?

I tend to ID everything I find, so I'm afraid I'll disqualify a good item. It's hard to kick an old habbit. 😃
No, you can identify your items :cool:
Why is Kira's Guardian is listed in the Baal scoring sheet but not in the Meph one? I know Meph is capable of dropping it.
pwangsta said:
Why is Kira's Guardian is listed in the Baal scoring sheet but not in the Meph one? I know Meph is capable of dropping it.
Oops, I must have forgot to remove it from Baal. I'll correct it soon.

Kira's Guardian is a confusing item. The Tiara is the middle (i.e. exceptional) class for Circlet and Coronet types but it can only drop in Hell, is in a tc full of other Elite items and has a higher rlvl than Griffon's Eye. I protested in past tournaments by including it but had removed it more recently and missed it in the Baal score sheet.
I have finished for today, have made several hundreds of Pindle runs:) I found quite nice items, total of 16 qualifiers, with some grailers included :azn:

I am quite interested in other people's chars (especially those running Pindle :cool: ), could we present them here...?
I have been baaling more than 12 hours today, having found several nice items(nothing extraordinary, though).

I have been running with a pure lightning sorceress, starting at clvl 89 in the morning, now she is close to 94. She has got only around 290% MF, her equipment being oriented towards safety and killing speed rather than MF.

I am planning to spend whole day playing tomorrow as well, because i am leaving town on Tuesday and will not be back until the end of MFO. I hope i will be able to do a few hundred more runs before i leave.
Made a start on Memphy. Well re-rolled the map for a while actually. And played with the gear. It's amazing how much stuff you forget when you share gear, isn't it?

I'll post and update on the Baal category as soon as I have more than one update. *cough*
I'm running Pindle with a L91 (should be L92 today) Frenzy Barbarian on P1. 495/706 % MF on normal/merc kill, 37 % hork. I may drop the MF and raise the hork % later, but I'm reasonably happy at the moment with the horking rate.
I am running Pindle with my amazon called "Mazlik", she was build as PvP bowazon (after reading awesome PvP guide written by Sint Nikolaas and other famous PvPers). Its my first "real" (low end) PvP char in my DII life, although I haven't dueled with her yet. For leveling purposes, I gave 20 points to LF. During this MFO I would like to level her to 90+ (currently 89, started at 87). She is wearing quite typical MF equipment (PTopaz Shako, PTopaz Skullders, Titans, Rhyme, Goldwrap, 40% Chancies, 49% WT, 30% Nagel, magic 32% ring and 41% amu.

Until now I made at about 900 runs on P1, and I am quite lucky :azn: I've found not only some nice gralies, but also nice rares and Pul rune.
I haven't started yet :( I'm not feeling well, spend all of saturday in bed with fever. Today it's a bit better but not well enough to powerplay.
First update PM'ed to Thyiad... Slow start really, not as many runs as I'd like this weekend, but you get that.
My tunnel runs started out ok, but I hit a serious dry streak after a few hours. The only qualifier I got in the last 6 hours was Naj's Puzzler. I doubt I can win with that one. :rolleyes:
Alvl 85 update -

1st - Hrus
2nd - Moar
3rd - Dunedain

It's much closer than I'd imagined it would be. These were all the updates receieved as of now. Happy hunting.
Only two e-mails for far, so here is a small update for Meph:

1. LD50
2. Thyiad

I did check through my spam folder and didn't find any updates, but if you e-mailed me and I didn't list you here, PM me with your e-mail and I'll add it to my address book to keep it out of the spam folder.
As for me, i'll start running tomorrow. Tunnels at P8 for the experience and it's just more fun. Can run it in about 2-3 minutes. Pure blizz sorc doing around 6,5k blizz damage carrying about 250% MF.😁

So nothing to report for now.

Jae
Alvl 85 update:

1st - Skinhead on the MBTA
2nd - Hrus
3rd - Moar
4th - Dunedain

Very close :)

@Cat, I'll have an update for you in a while when I finish running for the day.
A5 SU category - only 2 participants so far:

1st Jingizu
2nd Atil

Please send your updates!
My sorceress reached lvl 95 a few minutes ago, so i am finished for today. I had a few nice finds, but i will have less time for MFing from now on.

Btw, after seven failed set spiderweb sashes i finally saw a unique one on the ground.

Alas, the game hates me more than i thought:cry: :cry:

Memphy update

Current leader: Krovak
Second in command: Grogs
Checking the rear: jrlafrance

Only updates I have had so far. Slackers; stop enjoying your weekend and get MFing 👅
Oh man.. I'm now finished for the weekend, after 400 Meph runs. This is killing me, I feel like my brain is melting but still have to go on :rolleyes:

Are you counting the number of runs you do? I wonder what kind of results is everyone having... At this point I've found 23 qualifiers in 400 runs, so that makes one qualifier every 17.39 runs, or 0,0575 qualifiers per run. I'm wearing around 260 MF and average maybe 2,5 minutes per run, including shopping and muling.
I haven't done enough running to justify submitting, but so far im at 4 qualifiers in 60 meph runs, which is 1 every 15 runs, or .067 per run. I've got 50x mf and average 50-60 secs per run including selling but not muling.
I am glad to see that people aren't spilling the beans i.e. their finds. I realize it is legal in the rules, but I always love the suspense of not knowing what it will take to gain/lose that one spot you need to win.
krovak said:
Alas, the game hates me more than i thought
This is one of best jokes I have ever heard :laugh:

Really funny indeed 😁 👍

(OT, but I don't like this thread on second page)
I'm still sick (and at home instead of working), but started my runs nevertheless. It's going slowly, I can't concentrate for more than 10 or 15 runs in a row. My first five qualifiers have been found (if it only would continue like this ....), and I'll send a report this afternoon I think.
A5 SU category current Standings:

1. Jingizu
2. Atil
3. Gabriel74
4. SiTro

---
My own runs in 85 areas - I had more time than I thought, but both quality and quantity of the qualifiers is poor so far.
But I found SoJ and HoZ, so I am not totally unhappy...
When I compare the results of last MFO with my current results I’m a bit depressed.
I was running hard during this weekend and the only worth thing I’ve got is Ist rune.

My blizz sorc is now lvl 92 and a half (MF~430) and my javazon will be lvl 93 in a while (MF ~320).

I'm running mostly tunnels and the Pit lvls but occasionally I relax in the mausoleum, WSK or in the River of Flame.
LD50 said:
Oh man.. I'm now finished for the weekend, after 400 Meph runs. This is killing me, I feel like my brain is melting but still have to go on :rolleyes:

Are you counting the number of runs you do? I wonder what kind of results is everyone having... At this point I've found 23 qualifiers in 400 runs, so that makes one qualifier every 17.39 runs, or 0,0575 qualifiers per run. I'm wearing around 260 MF and average maybe 2,5 minutes per run, including shopping and muling.
Yes, I use jjscud's runcounter. I average about 45 secs per run, have done 360 runs with 34 qualifiers, 1 every 10.588 runs, .0944 per run. Im wearing just over 500 mf. No big scorers for me yet, Ill send in results tomorrow morning before i start my next set of running. I did find an SoJ yesterday so thats nice.
Some more runs, and a very minor update sent to Thyiad.....
Alvl 85 update:

Hrus
Moar
Colony
Sequana
Aitrus
Saucy

Not as close top to bottom anymore, but still tight near the top. Great job guys, envious of some of those finds :)
BAAL scores: (Memphy on the brain :rolleyes:)

1st Krovak
2nd Grogs
3rd jrlafrance

IE those are the three people who have sent updates. :shocked:

No updates from:

Hoop76 (RRM/RWM)
DX (RRM/RWM)
Silospen (RRM) - EDIT: has contacted me, little play time atm
Aman (RWM/RRM)
My lack of updates is due to a lack of D2 time. I may get some runs in closer to the end of the week, so don't panic, i'm not stockpiling points :p
Today's regular update sent.

I played several hours today, improving the score a bit. It is getting harder to improve it further but i hope i'll find something nice in the coming days:wink3:

Good luck everybody!
Some more runs done, and update sent. Number of elite drops has been a little low, quality is good (for that few drops at least). Don't fear, no Tyrael's or other really high end stuff yet ;) I'm still not feeling well, I'll try to do better tomorrow.
3rd eh? Not bad, especially considering how much time I've put in so far. Haven't got any runs done today yet, but there'll be a long session later, as well as more later in the week, so I'm still in with a chance:wink3:
Team Update:

1. The Alchemists
2. Neko Mimi Mode
3. SPF Elite Runners
Sorry about the no updates. I havent been able to play the last few days, and am not sure i will be able to very much at all the rest of the week. As much as i hate to i probably should just drop out. Wouldnt be fair to everyone else.
Cat you got mail..

So this day brought a change in my running. Finally decided that it's probably pretty stupid to keep killing the council member and vampirepacks in the righthand room :rolleyes:, but maybe still not as stupid as picking up and muling off every goddamn berserkers headpiece I already had 30 of... So I stopped doing that and managed to get my runs under a minute. Now I can't understand why I did it in the first place. Probably a habit from questing...

Eventually got in 450 runs, which netted me 30 qualifiers, so that's exactly one in 15 runs. Looks to be pretty consistent..

Funny part was, one set of 100 runs got me two (that's right, 2) qualifiers, and I just tried to think that ok, Meph is just saving up to get me that Stormlash on my sorcs 90th birthday. Well, he wasn't, he got me another Bonehew. BUT, the next 100 runs I got 10 qualifiers :laugh: Probabilities are funny...
Ackbar the Zealot just turned 96 running Baal. Some non-qualifiers:

Archon Plate---would make a great Merc 'Stone' if it gets 4 socks and cube-glitched
Defense: 778
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 63
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x8191ada1
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xcaae6466
+138 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
8% Life stolen per hit
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
8% Chance to cast Level 13 Twister on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 10 Poison Nova when struck
Level 21 Poison Creeper (10/15 Charges)

Metalgrid---just my 2nd one of these
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x26fdcaba
+405 to Attack Rating
+322 Defense
All Resistances +27
Level 22 Iron Golem (7/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (17/20 Charges)

The Rising Sun
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Unidentified
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xfe6655e0
Adds 24-48 fire damage
Replenish Life +10
+4 to Light Radius
+2 to Fire Skills
2% Chance to cast Level 17 Meteor when struck
+0 to Fire Absorb (Based on Character Level)

Vortex Shield
Defense: 294
Chance to Block: 39%
Smite Damage: 5 to 87
Durability: 46 of 46
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 138
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xcaa3ac01
All Resistances +30

Skullder's
Tancred's Hobnails
Hsarus Iron Fist

And from my other category:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Unidentified
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xd85babef
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +22
+2 to All Skill Levels

Will send updates tonight.

I'm afraid I have to drop out of this MFO. A big project at work has been sanctioned and suddenly a lot of things have to be done in a short period of time.

The bad news is I have to do a lot of overtime, with no D2 time.

The good news is I will get paid for it and I get to spend £7.5 million in just over a week (I wonder if I should gamble it all on amulets :scratch:)

Thanks to Hrus for supervising and jjscud for organising.

Good luck to everyone, drop lots of golds.
Three and half hours of intensive Pindle runs completed.

Number of qualifiers: 0 :hang:

I am very tired now... And quite frustrated :rant:

Good night to all :azn:
[highlight]Meph Update![/highlight]

1. LD50
2. Thyiad
3. Phosheez
4. IronClown
5. pwangsta (I think based on the e-mail address?)
6. Saucy
A5 SU update:

1. Jingizu
2. Atil
3. hepcat
4. Gabriel74
5. SiTro

---
Drixxx, you forgot to include Skinhead in your last lvl 85 areas category update... :scratch:
Just sent in my 3rd progress report after another long day/night of tunnels yesterday. I finally gave in and made an Insight weapon for my merc being so very tired of constantly taking mana potions. The blue bulb doesn't move any more now, but the merc needs babysitting. I'm still undecided what I hate more.

Off to play some more. 😃
I also was absent from the waiting for update in Thyiad's post. I haven't sent one yet (sorry), but am still currently in the contest.
Well mixed bag really today, exp wise was good with 7 million added (which at 98 is 7 hours and 90 odd runs :p). Item wise pretty poor, I won't update tonight as it's not worth it, the only upgrades were a couple points at most.
I am going to have to drop the baal. After being asked to do A5SU for a team, and realizing I just hate running baal, at all.

@Thyiad, I am officially dropping out of the baal category.

On the pindle front, I have had 4 qualifiers drop, and three of them I have never had drop before, so, not bad.
Very sorry about leaving a couple off that last update... I forgot to grab the data from my PM's into the file I'm keeping. Without further adieu ... alvl 85 update:

Moar
jjscud
Hrus
Naab
Sequana
Skinhead of the MBTA
Cormallon
Aitrus
Dunedain
Saucy

@Cat and Hrus, you will have updates from me tonight. I'm just waiting till I have 5 qualifiers in each catagory is all... I'm stuck at 4 from each after several hundred runs... definately my luck has not been so great quantity wise :(
No update from me today.

I did not improve any of my items, although i earned a nice portion of experience, being now more than half way to lvl 96. I will be without internet connection until sunday, unable to post updates at all. However, i will not have much time for playing, so don't expect me to come back with 5 tyraels:grin:

... and btw... [highlight]go go Alchemists!!![/highlight]
First update sent to Thyiad

DX
Second update sent...
[highlight]BAAL update:[/highlight]

Top of the pile: Krovak

Jockeying for position:
Hepcat
Grogs
DX
jrlafrance

No updates from:
Hoop76 (RRM/RWM)
Aman (RWM/RRM)

Updates from Silo at the end of the week.

EDIT: @jj - I like the team standings just how they are, thank you 👅
With the Baal update in, here's a look at the team standings:

1. Neko Mimi Mode
2. The Alchemists
3. SPF Elite Runners

As with last time, the lead is due largely to having scores posted in all categories. Once all teams have reports in for all categories, this will be a bit more meaningful.
No update today, I didn't have time to do a lot of runs, and so the results were not that amazing.
Sorry for not having any updates yet Drixx, I haven't been able to play much and when I have the results haven't been too good. Over the next few days I should be able to get a bit more play time in.
No update from me either.... I'm having a steak of extremely bad luck again. I hope it'll get better tomorrow (now that I'm feeling better, the game is sick.... grmbl....)
@cormallon - try putting peppercorn sauce on your steak; it will improve it

/spam
Ouch dont like my 4:th place but luckily my last 50 rounds have improved my score with loads

[trashtalk] so all you in my category you might aswell stop running after I send my update after tomorrows running it will take you years to get the amount of points I got:grin: [/trashtalk]

DX
150 runs today and nothing. Meh. I'm off too bed now some hours earlier than planned. Maybe the game likes me more tomorrow. :rant:

I was on a Snowboarding trip all weekend and haven't actually MF'ed at all. I plan to begin tonight thought I doubt I will have any qualifiers to report for some time.

-hps

1. LD50
2. Thyiad
3. IronClown
4. Phosheez
5. Kecin
6. pwangsta
7. Saucy
8. Thadar

IronClown has overtaken Phosheez for third, but LD50 and Thyiad hold on to the top 2 spots.
Damn, had pretty good drops yesterday and still only 3rd for me. :shocked:

I'm very interested to see what LD50 and Thyiad got. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I suppose there's still room for improvement in my score, but I don't reckon that Stormlash will drop any time this Century :wink3:
another update sent. Well, im getting rather frustrated with meph. I think if we had added tc3's i would not be having problems: 4x lenymo, gnasher, and knell striker found thus far. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.
I'm going to have to pull out of this - real life and other games have taken all of my time. Good luck to everyone else still in, and I'll still be watching to find out what wins (and see if I could have won if I stayed in).
alvl 85 update:

Jaedhann
jjscud
Moar
Hrus
Naab
Sequana
Skinhead of the MBTA
Cormallon
Aitrus
Dunedain
Saucy

Still close at the top, with some not having updated recently. Great MFO so far.

Sent my mephisto results to Cat... I still haven't gotten a single qualifier from pindle... I thought a couple had actually dropped from him but upon ATMA inspection, all my qualifiers are lvl 87
update send. Have done some 500 tunnelruns so far at p5.

Bit of 'meh' results. Not spectacular, not bad.

The sparkly chest decided to give me this:

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xa5ebb7a9
+444 to Attack Rating
+323 Defense
All Resistances +34
Level 22 Iron Golem (7/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (14/20 Charges)

👍

Jae
Nothing to update here. :sad2:
200 runs now without anything worth more than 5 points. Either the game thinks I am done or I'm due a big one soon. I sure hope for the latter. :wink3:
A5 SU update:

1. Jingizu
2. Gabriel74
3. Atil
4. hepcat
5. SiTro

still no word from kthiru and Denton.

---
I have managed to improve my score in A85 category today, but I still have some time to do few runs and will sent my update to Drixx later.
Well I now realize I'm going to have to drop out of this tournament also.

I seriously underestimated the amount of homework I would have to do in between real work this week.

I've spent about 2 hours Pit running so far and was constantly feeling guilty for it. I'm officially not going to sign up for anymore tournaments while I'm in school as they cause me nothing but frustration. Perhaps there will be another MFO in the summer which I can enjoy?

Good luck to everyone!
-hps
I won't be able to play tomorrow or friday. Or maybe just a little tomorrow, but friday is out of the question. So I tried to push hard today and it kinda paid off, I was able to drag my score up a bit. I hope it will be enough...

Sending update after I've finished writing this post. That is, now.
[highlight]BAAL update:[/highlight]

At the top, steaming: Krovak

Trying to float:
Hepcat
Grogs
DX
jrlafrance
pwangsta

I haven't heard from Aman and I haven't seen him on MSN either: [highlight]Aman are you ok?[/highlight]

Edit: my update sent to Cat
[highlight]IMPORTANT NOTE:[/highlight] While I am personally very excited about the RCM (Rune Color Mod) I am going to ask participants of this tourney (my self included) to NOT use it in this tourney.

I am not at all against the mod, but everyone joined the tourney with an understanding of the current mod situation and we are not going to change it mid tourney.

:closed:

Now, Team Update, another change in the rankings. Also each team now has a score in each category and this is actually quite close.

1. The Alchemists
2. Neko Mimi Mode
3. SPF Elite Runners
If this keeps up, I may ask for Saturday off work and rejoin :laugh:
My cursed luck in MFO's continues.... some solid playing for not much reward. I did know this was going to happen after the stellar week of MFing I had 2 weeks ago :(

/a long way around saying "no update from grogs today" :p
[highlight]Time For A Meph Update![/highlight]

1. LD50
2. Thyiad
3. IronClown
4. Phosheez
5. Kecin
6. Saucy
7. pwangsta
8. Drixx
9. Thadar

Not a whole lot of change in the rankings, although there have been a few good score improvements.
I'm just dropping in to see what this MFO is all about.
After some soul searching I remembered that O stood for Olympics. I remember losing in one of these a long time ago. Was allowed to keep my Hellslayer from Mephisto though.

I'm still a little fresh in 1.10, but I want to announce my presence to perhaps join one in the future. I have some Q's.

How often do these run?
How much MF are you using to earn the cool stuff? My assassin has a lot of MF and all I get is rares...
How much time are you putting in (and how many runs does that equate to?)

Also, I'm learning that there are better MF locations than Pindleskin now?
Does Mephisto drop new (1.10+ only) stuff? Has his TC list changed, or are there just elites in there that he always dropped that had no uniques?

I wanna be in the running, if I join, and not just get *one thing* which I promptly give away.

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Let's see ...

MFO's generally happen a few times a year (a winter one and a summer one, i think), but there are also mini-MFO's to keep us busy year-round.

Personally, I'm wearing 438 mf, I've run meph for 7:35:36 according to my desktop stopwatch and that equates to exactly 400 meph runs (average of 68 seconds per run on /p3). As you can see, my luck's not been that great (7th place, bleh) and I haven't devoted that much time to it (still trying to replace everything I lost from a recent restart).

As for pindle, he drops all the really high-end stuff, but mephy is great for "useful" items that aren't quite so rare. Personally, I feel much happier about meph's instant gratification (usually i see at least one uniq/set per run) as opposed to the one-great-item-every-few-hours (maybe a slight exaggeration, but it sure feels that way) that pindle provides.
another update sent to cat and im still frustrated. i have yet to find a grailer which is what my intended purpose is here. bah....done ~1350 runs thus far. hoping things get better
cogline said:
I'm just dropping in to see what this MFO is all about.
After some soul searching I remembered that O stood for Olympics. I remember losing in one of these a long time ago. Was allowed to keep my Hellslayer from Mephisto though.

I'm still a little fresh in 1.10, but I want to announce my presence to perhaps join one in the future. I have some Q's.

How often do these run?
How much MF are you using to earn the cool stuff? My assassin has a lot of MF and all I get is rares...
How much time are you putting in (and how many runs does that equate to?)

Also, I'm learning that there are better MF locations than Pindleskin now?
Does Mephisto drop new (1.10+ only) stuff? Has his TC list changed, or are there just elites in there that he always dropped that had no uniques?

I wanna be in the running, if I join, and not just get *one thing* which I promptly give away.

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Usually 2 times a year.
MF is important thing to have, but you have to run with an effective character who can do the runs quickly. Try to time your average time of the pindlerun with your assassin. Most dedicated pindle runners have average time 30secs/per run or lower - and that's including reloading and shopping and MF 400-700. (Try to search for Pindlethons tournaments in Tournament List sticky). Pindleskin is supposed to drop rares most of the time, he is not Mephisto, who can drop unique or set item almost every time you kill him, but he is fast to run and can drop high level stuff. He is still the best dropper for high level stuff, but he can't drop Tyrael's might, that's probably the reason why the real competition now happens in lvl 85 areas. I suggest reading my MF guide (see my sig or the FAQ sticky)

How much time? All my free time personally :wink3: Around 40-60 hours?

Mephisto drops a lot of usefull items (with good odds), but can't drop the high level stuff (he drops only items lower than TC78). And of course there are elite items that don't have the unique for their base types... Just see the list of uniques/sets

I did read most of your guide Hrus, thanks too.

My Pindle runs are a LOT slower than 30 secs. But my MF is WAY high. I am running pindle to find a better ammy/gloves/rings etc, and then I will become more efficient. Might have to go to 1.11 too - FE scares me with holy fire etc.
How much time do I spend for the MFO ... well, I'm happy when I get 12-15 hours done during these 9 days. I have a family and a job, after all ;)

I wonder how somebody could spend 60 hours ... no job, retired, playing while working ? Hehe...
cogline said:
I did read most of your guide Hrus, thanks too.

My Pindle runs are a LOT slower than 30 secs. But my MF is WAY high. I am running pindle to find a better ammy/gloves/rings etc, and then I will become more efficient. Might have to go to 1.11 too - FE scares me with holy fire etc.
Did you read the section about dimnishing MF results and effective MF?

Let me see, you have 1011% when merc gets the kill.
Let me estimate your average time is 60 second
Your effective +MF% is 200 for unique items (meaning you have 300% of base chance to get unique items)
Character who has ONLY 63 MF (effective +MF=50, meaning 150% of base chance to get unique items), but do the runs 2 times faster, will get exactly the same number of unique items (on average) as you in the same time.

Now take an average character of regular pindle running player who kills with 500 MF in 25 seconds:
effective MF 166, let's say he gets 266 unique items in 10000 runs (this number is only temporary...)

Your effective MF is 200, you will get 300 unique items in the same 10000 runs.

But your runs are much slower (60 seconds), in the same time an average player finishes his 10000 runs, you will have finished only 4166 runs (10000*25/60) and get only 125 unique items. (300*25/60)

Believe me, MF is good to have, but speed matters.
If you want to really compete in MF tournaments, build yourself a dedicated 1.10/1.11 MF character.
[highlight]Alvl 85 Update:[/highlight]

Jaedhann
jjscud
Moar
Hrus
Naab
Sequana
Skinhead of the MBTA
Cormallon
Aitrus
Dunedain
Saucy

#2 and 3 are actually tied!!!!11!11!

That's all for now, still waiting on some updates.
More runs, same result, we shall see what the weekend brings :)
Hrus said:
Most dedicated pindle runners have average time 30secs/per run or lower - and that's including reloading and shopping and MF 400-700.
This I believe is my problem. I have ~600% MF, I kill pindle in the blink of an eye (before the second blizz finishes), yet, my reload time is abysmal. Are there any tricks to speeding that up, or am I stuck because of my older, slower laptop?

And to answer Cormallon--I play at work. I work four ten hour shifts, and probably get in 4 hours per shift (sometimes more). My job sucks, if I couldn't play, I would burn down the building.
Gabriel74 said:
Are there any tricks to speeding that up, or am I stuck because of my older, slower laptop?
In your case, it must be hardware problem :) My LF amazon in oriented on MF (~550), thus her killing speed is quite "low" (several LF's), but my Pindle run takes less than 30 seconds (including IDing, trade and reload).
Hmmm, ninety qualifiers here, but still 4th place. Bad luck I guess.
I've got 62 qualifiers in over 1000 runs. Not really good luck either and I'm nearly out of playtime.
Gabriel74 said:
This I believe is my problem. I have ~600% MF, I kill pindle in the blink of an eye (before the second blizz finishes), yet, my reload time is abysmal. Are there any tricks to speeding that up, or am I stuck because of my older, slower laptop?

And to answer Cormallon--I play at work. I work four ten hour shifts, and probably get in 4 hours per shift (sometimes more). My job sucks, if I couldn't play, I would burn down the building.
you playing in windowed mode? that speeds up loading time.
Gabriel74 said:
Are there any tricks to speeding that up, or am I stuck because of my older, slower laptop?
Yeah, someone recently did a few tests and windowed and with the no sound switch (-ns) had the fastest loading time.

Edit: To do this, I made a shortcut with this as the target:

"C:\Games\Diablo\Diablo II.exe" -w -ns

Neither windowed or no sound settings are stored but once you make a shortcut with these settings, they will always be used when the shortcut is used. Personally, I have two shortcuts on my desktop, one for normal play and one for fast loading.

On the MFO front, 90 Qualifiers!!! Hrus, I thought you said you didn't have much time. :scared:

I also fond an item that I had forgotten was possible, a failed Crown of Ages in the pits. It obviously must have been dropped by a normal monster.
Could anyone explain how to play in windowed mode, as well as how you would set no sound switch? is it just the *enter then type -ns? and if so, does that remain between save and exits? like players settings?
Gabriel74 said:
Could anyone explain how to play in windowed mode, as well as how you would set no sound switch? is it just the *enter then type -ns? and if so, does that remain between save and exits? like players settings?
You have to add it to your shortcut. -w and -ns.
Moar said:
You have to add it to your shortcut. -w and -ns.
does that just go after the other adds (i.e. RRM and RWM)?
@Hrus and @Moar, it's VERY close at the top of the alvl85 charts. I don't believe I'm allowed to say more than that :) Cheers and good luck.

/tapfoot impatiently while waiting for a meph update.

I had some decent luck with mephy last night and this morning (including one really nice find), and am hoping I'm at least within shooting distance now heh.
Gabriel74 said:
does that just go after the other adds (i.e. RRM and RWM)?
I'd guess so. I haven't actually tried it after I installed RWM.

I only have today left to run and maybe an hour or two tomorrow afternoon. Guess I have to convince hubby that he doesn't need his computer or my attention tonight. 😃
I'm sorry, but I'm falling out. I can't keep my mind on D2 or doing runs. Also, a few days ago I made a nasty slip on some alge covered stones, and twisted something in my back, which means I can't sit at my desk for too long. :sad2:

Good luck to everyone else. May all your drops be qualifiers.
Well, the quick loading works. Cut about 15-25 seconds off each run. Now takes between 35-40 seconds with load. Nice, except this change seems to have made it impossible for Pindle to drop any green or gold.
New results sent. Nothing great, but a slight improvement. My usual mfo unearthed wand tried to turn up ... but somehow got cracked ;)
Update sent...

Drixx said:
I had some decent luck with mephy last night and this morning (including one really nice find), and am hoping I'm at least within shooting distance now heh.

Ooh, it's getting windy at the top... :wink2:

I slacked some work stuff and squeezed in some more mephy. Luckily even the pretty small effort was worth it and the score nudged up a few. Lets see how it turns up. Good luck to all on your final efforts! 👍

No improvement from me today. Doubt I will have time tomorrow/Saturday.
[highlight]BAAL baby, make it easy on yourself; stay dead?[/highlight]

No one has knocked Krovak off the top spot yet.
Still trying:
Hepcat
DX
Grogs
jrlafrance
pwangsta

Apologies for the double post.
[highlight]Time For A Meph Update![/highlight]

1. LD50
2. Kecin
3. Thyiad
4. Phosheez
5. IronClown
6. Drixx
7. pwangsta
8. Saucy
9. Thadar

Quite a few rank changes this time out. LD50 stays in the lead, but Kecin shoots up to the number 2 spot.
Hmmm, ninety qualifiers here, but still 4th place. Bad luck I guess.
Hmm and you were supposed to be busy this MFO:scratch:

75 qualifiers and 1400 runs here,currently sending my update to drixx(gained like5 point only though.
I have quite bad luck these days on Pindle, during weekend I was lucky but from Sunday I didn' found anything new to my Top 5 :undecided:

Maybe I have special luck only on saturdays... Tommorow it will be great, beware :evil:
Naab said:
Hmm and you were supposed to be busy this MFO:scratch:
I was, but I spared some free time especially during nights :wink3:
Yesterday I found a perfect cold facet and managed to improve my score by "huge" amount of 0.2 points. (better than nothing...)

It's strange, but I got no update from A5SU category for two days. The results sent so far are not so great... You guys are really supposed to do better.
As regards my score it's a big misery. I've sent my update at the moment.

But on the other hand I found some nice things (Tal's amulet, 2 skillers, some grailers....) so I can't be discontent.
[highlight]Alvl 85 update:[/highlight]
Jaedhann
jjscud
Moar
Hrus
Naab
Sequana
Cormallon
Skinhead of the MBTA
Aitrus
Dunedain
Saucy

Still #2 and #3 are tied in score, and it's still close in the top half.

I ran about 14 hours yesterday, finally had a good solid chunk of time. I've only had 27 qualifiers total in 1100 runs, but I think I've left at least another 20 or so on the ground because I knew they were only worth a point or so. IK maul's and Dangoon's teaching predominately heh. In any case, I've gotten nowhere /near/ 1 in 10 runs drop rate for qualifiers as others in my catagory are reporting.

I did have some nice finds early in my runs yesterday, but so far I've only found one thing that mephy had never dropped for me before, and my score is such that I didn't upgrade it in the final seven hours of running last night :( ... Anyway, update sent to Cat. I will be driving about 7 hours today due to spring break starting, so no more updates until tomorrow :)

I did get two more titan's, my first ever occulus in single player, and some nice jewelry, including an amazing rare ring. I still have trouble believing this ring dropped. Anyway, looking forward to sharing all the finds at the end :)
a tiny improvement. update send through pm.
About 500 runs done at P5 and 500 at P1.

Jae
With updates around the board, here's a team update. Same order though the Alchemists have opened up their lead a bit.

1. The Alchemists
2. Neko Mimi Mode
3. SPF Elite Runners

Edit: My own update, quite a few qualifiers found yesterday but they were all junk. I think my highest qualifier was an Aldur's Deception.
jjscud, do you have all the scores? I know I'm low on the meph list, but the others seem fairly high on their lists...
yet another small change in my score.
updated through pm.

Hmm, whats up with all that class specific headgear?:rolleyes: :evil:

Jae.
Technically, no, I don't have all the scores, Colony seems to have disappeared from the lvl85 listing.

Other than that, I'm quite certain its correct. The scores are based on rank so the lists in this thread are enough to calculate the points.

Just one clarification. I just re-read and the scoring the I can dream up two interpretations. To be more specific, The first place in each category earns 10 points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points ect.

These points are based on ranking in the category so team A could potentially earn 3 points, team B 2 points and team C 1 point in a specific category.
Gah,

I'm totally sorry about that jj and Colony. I'm not sure how it happened, I have a notepad file that I'm keeping totals and order in.

[highlight]Alvl 85 update:[/highlight]
Jaedhann
jjscud
Moar
Hrus
Naab
Sequana
Cormallon
Colony
Skinhead of the MBTA
Aitrus
Dunedain
Saucy
k, more runs done. score went up some. results sent to cat
I'm done and my final result has been sent.

My score improved only slightly since the last update, so I don't think I have a chance at winning. It was fun to try though. 😃

Good luck to all still running!

...but don't overtake me please. 👅
Two hours running the tunnels didn't improve my (not so good) score at all. Yuck. Well, there is another weekend coming up and I'm feeling better every day. I hope I can do at least 5 more hours, with some luck more.
Sent my 2nd update, still nowhere near the quality of items I wanted to find, but that's what I get for entering the MFO with so much other stuff on:undecided:
Quite nice MF day today;)

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x4f388858
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +23
+2 to All Skill Levels
[highlight]BAAL [/highlight]

Krovak is still on his fly carpet
Trying to take off:
Hepcat
DX
Grogs
jrlafrance
pwangsta

No change in the rankings.

@Cat - as I suspected nothing to report from me today

1. LD50
2. Phosheez
3. Kecin
4. Thyiad
5. IronClown
6. Drixx
7. pwangsta
8. Saucy
9. Thadar

Phosheez has moved into second place. I didn't get updates from as many people this time around, so things could change more when I get them.
A5 SU category update

1. Jingizu
2. hepcat
3. Gabriel74
4. Atil
5. SiTro

First 3 competitors are quite close to each other...
little update send through pm.

again an incremental rise in my score.

Jae
Am I correct in thinking that we get to MF tomorrow and send the FINAL results tomorrow night?
I have quite strange luck today, I found two TC 87's within 3 runs (!), one of them pretty nice (grailer:), but overall, I found only four qualifiers until now :rolleyes:

Well, in the evening I am planning to find Mang Song's lesson :fortuneteller:

Btw Pindle gave me these nice claws :azn: :

Dread Razor
Greater Talons
One-Hand Damage: 84 to 154
Durability: 65 of 69
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 79
Required Strength: 79
Required Level: 48
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xae1e8bad
+300% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 to Maximum Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed

+1 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
Socketed (2: 0 used)
Thyiad said:
Am I correct in thinking that we get to MF tomorrow and send the FINAL results tomorrow night?
Yep all day Saturday and all day Sunday, finishing up at midnight Sunday night.
Rare find from tunnels today(rarer then stormlash)

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 99
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x18b46f8
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+95 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

and also this from the chest

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x3590c07f
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to All Skill Levels
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
35% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Bad day for me. 150 tunnel runs resulted in *drumroll* 4 ! *drumroll* qualifiers, three of these were very low level, and just one gave reasonable points. I really hope tomorrow will be better, although I don't know how much playing time I'll get.
Finally the bad luck streak ended and I actually got a few items for my top five. But I guess that if I want to win, I should score one of the top six items in the category...

---
No news in A5 SU category - I got some minor updates, the rankings are the same.
No updates from the Baal category, rankings stay the same.

@Cat - no time for MFO today, all PvP. Got to go for it tomorrow!
[highlight]Meph Update[/highlight]

1. LD50
2. IronClown
3. Phosheez
4. Kecin
5. Thyiad
6. Drixx
7. pwangsta
8. Saucy
9. Thadar

IronClown has made his way into second place, and LD50 is still holding on to the lead.
Now everyone and their mother has gotten this from AT chest.
http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot014dh2.jpg
Very, very nice drop, congratz 👍

I found some middle nice items today, but still nothing new, four items from my Top 5 are from last weekend, I am starting to feel quite irritated :shocked:

Btw. how do you like this circlet, it's not a Griffon, but hey, it may have some use :wink2:

Corpse Mask
Tiara
Defense: 40
Durability: 15 of 25
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x9a46f6e1
+21 to Strength
+23 to Mana
Cold Resist +38%
30% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
If I'm getting my timezone stuff right, its getting close to the end for some timezones. I just wanted to ask everyone to make sure to put "Final Update" in their last update post, and include the ATMA readouts of the top 5.
Final Results sent to Cat; thanks for supervising.

I have had Grogs final results but no ATMA readings. Could you let me know those, please? Ta.
I haven't sent in any Atma readouts either because the first post didn't say so. I'll try to send them in in time, but I'm not sure I can manage. :sad2:
Sorry, I re-edited some stuff a while ago and must have accidentally removed it.

Please also send full ATMA readouts of your top five to your supervisors.

Also remember that the submission deadline is end if day on the 5th (Monday). Everyone (me included) will be anxious for the results so please get them in as soon as possible.

@Supervisors. Once you've got all the results in your category please send them on to me. If they could be setup like the results last time (I can take care of formatting) it would be very helpful.
Final results sent to Drixx

Thanks jjscud for another great MFO, Drixx our supervisor and all other participants

I haven't got much time in this MFO :sad2: but I'm not complaining, was fun, and as always, looking for the next one...
Final results sent. Although I was sick when the MFO started and had to skip almost the first half of it, I'm quite happy with my finds. The score isn't that great, but today I found my very first HoZ. Together with the SoJ and a Ravenfrost and some nice rare diadems / tiaras, and a total of 4 grailies (we'll see how many I can keep...), my score doesn't tell the whole story ;)

I managed to do 680 tunnel runs at about 1:30 per run, and found 28 qualifiers. The ratio isn't that good, due to an extraordinary dry period yesterday. I found three IK stone crushers, and an amazing amount of blue legendary mallets (didn't count, but at least a dozen , and a few white / grey ones as well). I didn't pick them up to check for failed sets, but those were teasing me for sure.
C'mon guys, wrap it up and let's get the next one going! 👅

Seriously now, can't wait to see those scores and (hopefully) some screenies to oogle the goods...

As for the next one, I finally have a char for it - sign me up for some L85 action!

Results sent,i did 2059 tunnel runs on p1 and got 107 gualifiers.I dont think i can win this even though i got 1 nice drop,still think 1 certain chech will win it.Thx for hosting jjscud, and supervisor drixx and other all participant,this mfo was fun.
Thyiad said:
I have had Grogs final results but no ATMA readings. Could you let me know those, please? Ta.
Sorry Thyiad, it must have been the disgust at running Baal for over 50 hours during the week for a very very average result. I'll send you the readouts as soon as I get home from work (in 8ish hours).
Cormallon said:
I found three IK stone crushers, and an amazing amount of blue legendary mallets (didn't count, but at least a dozen , and a few white / grey ones as well).
then guess how many i had on my screen 2k+ runs and no golden legendary mullets:rolleyes: only blues and yellows. At least 30, then i stopped counting.

Well, final results send. Found exactly 64 different qualifiers, that's half of the 128 different ones possible. 7 unique tc87's found including the possible 'one' that of course wasn't. I like the tunnels a lot better than pindle so far. In the category 'no more please': Green grand matron bows and golden kraken shells (both 4, i selled 1 of both out of frustration)

As for screenies, the good one tomorrow, now a collections of 'bad' drops i made in one day.GGrrrrr

Thanks for the host and drixx and all competitors.

Jae
No problem, Grogs. That's why I ran Memphy. At least I saw lots of sparkly stuff even if it wasn't good enough. 😁
2656 AT runs, 140 qualifiers, no grailer, low score (for my taste)...
Results sent to Drixx.

Actually, last session, I had a unique Legendary Mallet drop. I was excited for a while, but Atma said it's the Stone Crusher :cry: . I got only 1 IK Maul !! (but 5 dangoon's Teachings and 5 (!!) Tal Rasha's Guardianships)

If the MFO was last week, I could have done 1K runs more...
Cattleya said:
If I'm getting my timezone stuff right, its getting close to the end for some timezones. I just wanted to ask everyone to make sure to put "Final Update" in their last update post, and include the ATMA readouts of the top 5.
Meh - also didn't realise about the final results and ATMA readouts. I had no change from my last update, and can only send the ATMA readouts later, when I'm at my home PC. Sorry about any delays.
Results sent. Some may find my results extraordinary but scorewise I didnt do nearly as good as last time or I had hoped. Will post a brag thread for drops when the final results are posted.
Well, my times up and I'm getting my results in.

Of course, like usual, I was hoping to finish nice, with a minute left I entered the pits level 2 and of course, the game mocks me. 👅
Ok.. ATMA readouts sent.. unfortunately the items didn't change :p

Thanks to all the supervisors and of course big GG to jjscud !
Results sent in to Thyiad.

Total runs: 322
Qualifiers: 56

I'm not sure how this measures up in terms of qualifiers/run for Baal, but it seems low to me (approx. 1 qualifier every 6 runs).

I had a total of 3 deaths, 2 of which I couldn't recover my body, so my total experience sucked. I'm about back to where I was before dying, so that kinda makes up for it. Still about 2/3's to 97, instead of 3/4 there. :cry:

Thanks to Thyiad for supervising Baal Category, and special thanks for jjscud for hosting another cool tourney!

Some random finds (non-qualifiers):

Code:
Smoking Small Charm of Incineration
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0xa2deb148
Adds 10-29 fire damage

Colossus Voulge
Two-Hand Damage: 25 to 247
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 200
Required Level: 48
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x3c833fa9

Deathbit
Battle Dart
Throw Damage: 39 to 89
One-Hand Damage: 29 to 59
Quantity: 160
Required Dexterity: 42
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 44
Dagger Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf8f096df
+148% Enhanced Damage
+281 to Attack Rating
9% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
40% Deadly Strike
Replenishes Quantity
[B]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)[/B]

Storm Thirst
Scissors Quhab
One-Hand Damage: 47 to 86
Durability: 41 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 40
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7b67feb3
+114% Enhanced Damage
+190 to Attack Rating
+7 to Minimum Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
+3 to Shadow Warrior (Assassin Only)
+2 to Cobra Strike (Assassin Only)

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x97fa0af6
+50 to Maximum Stamina
4% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x903fb582
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 43 Frost Nova When You Level Up
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
-4% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Final results sent.

Without any chance of first places but very content. 45 qualifiers and 15 grailers for me :laugh:

I mostly played /players 7, so I reached lvl 94 with my blizz sorc. 2 deaths in WSK (damned gloams) made me grumpy so I was running only tunnels instead (I don’t know the right number).

Thanks all for nice competition and especially my team for great motivation.
Hrus said:
2656 AT runs, 140 qualifiers, no grailer, low score (for my taste)...
Results sent to Drixx.

Actually, last session, I had a unique Legendary Mallet drop. I was excited for a while, but Atma said it's the Stone Crusher :cry: . I got only 1 IK Maul !! (but 5 dangoon's Teachings and 5 (!!) Tal Rasha's Guardianships)

If the MFO was last week, I could have done 1K runs more...
Had a stone crusher myself too,was very dissapointed when i looked at it in atma,shaefers could have raised my score quite a bit.:hanky:
Most common for me were 5 IK mauls,4 shadow killers and 4 sasabi armors.
I've rensent my final result with Atma readouts now.

I've had 3 unique Legendary Mallets drop, but couldn't defy the odds. They got me all excited until I went into Atma to check and be disappointed.
What is the Stone Crusher : Shaeffer's ratio?
Final results sent - no improvement(i did zero runs since Tuesday). In total I did around 450 runs (Baal at /P3, minions at /P8), unfortunately i can't provide the number of qualifiers, because i did not even pick up all of them.

I am surprised that i got most of the good items from the minions and not Baal himself.

Thanks jjscud for organising the MFO and the team members for their hard work:wink3:
Final results sent to Cat.

A great experience as this is my first MFO - Enjoyed it thoroughly. Got quite a few nice items to boost those sets/uniques. All in all kept 110 qualifiers (I estimate ~150 as I started leaving some on the ground.) Around 20 grailies for me, so I'm happy.

Thanks for supervising Meph Cat.
Thanks for hosting jjscud.
I'll definateley try this again.

Good luck all.
IC
I have only had three final results sent: krovak, grogs and jrlafrance.

Any others?
Final results sent. Unlike JJ I waited to wake up here in the mountain west, rather than do it in the middle of the night.

I thought I was done on Friday, then I saw myself drop to third in the pindle category, I wasn't okay with that, so ran some more, raised my score by 30%, not bad. However, I know I probably wouldn't even place in MFO's past, Pindle seems to have been stingy with the uber uber rare stuff this time around.
@Thyiad my final result in Baalcategory is the same result as the latest update

DX
Results sent.

Baal:

Started off strong, but couldn't maintain. 4 of top 5 came from minions, but the 5th item, which I consider the best but scored the least, fell from Baal.
1 Grailer-- Veil of Steel, and Baal decides to drop it 2x. Probably about 3-400runs (truthfully, no idea b/c there were a few deaths) or so. 4 Baal GCs to reroll as well.

Pindle:

Did about 2200 runs. 4 TC87, but nothing to write home about. First 1000 runs netted only 8 qualifiers. But during a span of 100 runs Saturday night, 8 qualifiers fell including 2 of my top 5. Meh score compared to my score last year, but not horrible.
@dx - atma readouts?
@hepcat - results not hit yet

I have received results from everyone except Dunedain and Skinhead of the MBTA. Waiting on those to make a post. I'm sorry I haven't made updates but I had no internet until now :( ...
My final update was sent on thursday, but without the readouts.. I sent them now, I hope I'm not disqualified :embarassed:
Doh *bangs my head against a wall*😁
for being noobish

Sent the readouts to you

DX
Congratulations to everyone who made it through the week, I hope you all found something, qualifiers or not, to keep.

Even though I only competed for one day, I will post my tiny stash of items (7 :laugh:) for anyone to take what they want (although you probably found much better and more than one of each).
I pulled out lasty monday, I couldn't find the time to do hardly any runs.

So the last update I sent you would be the latest one.
I've got the final results from everyone but Drixx. Once I get that one, I'll send my final scored to jjscud.
I haven't received the final results from kthiru and Drixx. But since they didn't post even any temporary upgrades, I suppose they are out from A5 SU category. If it's not the case, you have to refer directly to jjscud, because I already sent him the final results of this category.

And guys, some of your finds are nice, but usually your overall score is quite low, you were supposed to perform better in this classic category! :hide:
Quit complaining. I think Pindle was just unusually stingy.
I've sent in the Meph results, with the score from the latest update I had from Drixx.

I'll say this about the results: Mephy was in the mood to drop Azurewraths this time around. 😁
I did my best (my first "real" MFO), and I really like my TOP 5, three items being beautiful grailers for me 😁

Now I wait if someone will beat me and take IT from me :scratch:
I'm so sorry for holding you guys back on the results. My cousin got evicted(i laughed) and had to quit, so i've pulled 2 double shifts at work the past week and it made things hectic.
okay, now I am officially rubbing my hands in anticipation.
I'm sorry Cat. I promise I sent you an e-mail with readouts... I'll re-send if you need, but my last update was my last update. Once I packed up for spring break I ended up with no more time for running.

Results are sent to jjscud for alvl 85.

@Hrus, I was only doing pindle as an add-on to my meph runs, and he dropped exactly ZERO qualifiers. Lots of other stuff, but nothing on his points list :(

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High