MFO Winter 2006 Progress [by jjscud]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @jjscud on Mar 23, 2006
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFO Progress Thread

I wasn't sure about bothering with a seperate progress thread but since I mucked up the dates and will be using different scoring sheets I'll start clean.

DATES:

Start Date March 25th 12:01 AM
End Date April 2nd 11:59 PM

Rules will follow, here's the pertinent info for the competition.

Supervisors:

Cryist - lvl 85 areas - cryist1(at)gmail(.)com
Hrus - Act 5 SUs - hrus at hrus dot net
Kaysaar - Meph - Mark(dot)J(dot)Phelps(at)gmail(dot)com
jjscud - Baal - jjscud at yahoo.com

Partipants - Please email your supervisor every day or two with the following info (feel free to decrypt their email address and store that on your computer:wink3: :

Forum Name
Top 5 finds - Points
Total Points

ATMA Readout are not needed until the end of the competition

Supervisors - Please post a ranking of the participants in your category every day or two (in this thread) but don't inlcude their points, we're only looking for an ordering.

Scoring Sheets

I've included csv files so you can easily put this in your favorite spreadsheet program and format/order it how you like.

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Meph (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Rules

First on the two questioned rules.

1. No one voted against ID'ing items so you are allowed to ID items in this MFO.

2. There was only one vote for splitting the double points items (me) and several against so they are not split in the score sheets.

And the rest:

The Categories

- Hell Mephisto
- Hell Baal
- Act 5 SuperUniques: Shenk, Eldritch, Pindleskin, Thresh, Sharptooth.
- Level 85 Areas (The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you. :p

Allowed mods RRM, RWM. You must post your mod status!

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered in each category:

- Hell Meph: Meph only.
- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Act 5 SuperUniques: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: Any monster in these areas. Except Baal's and Diablo's minions.

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Blood Lords and Council Members near Meph, Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits, etc.

Summary of rules:

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

-DO NOT post your finds.

-Email your findings to your area's supervisor within two days after the end of the MFO - by April 4th.

Things to include in your e-mail:
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (if it's not obvious from your address)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

ex:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: chase

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of multiple find)
Total Score: 115.3

Baal
Verdungo's Hearty Cord 4.1
Eschuta's Temper 4.4
Cranebeak 4.5
Total Score 13

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or PM saying so.

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please send updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email. Supervisors will likely post updates every 2-3 days. These updates will list current order but not points.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max 1 per entrant)
with a maximum of 3 items taken from each entrant.

That's it. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Point sheets downloaded and acknowledged. Is this the thread where we are allowed some warm,friendly trash talk? :cool:
Tracul said:
Point sheets downloaded and acknowledged. Is this the thread where we are allowed some warm,friendly trash talk? :cool:
Hows this for trash-talk? Your cow-running finesse means nothing here! 😁

Been rerolling my baal map for my necro...
Worldstone keep level 2
Worldstone keep level 3
Didn't even have to explore the map!
SkaMan said:

Worldstone keep level 2
Worldstone keep level 3
And this is mine:
WSK2
WSK3

A bit more exploring than Ska man but we wolfs like the excersice and run and I dont need a silly teleport to win this easy category with my impressive 5% MF. I still do P8 baalruns in 5-6 minutes:grin:

DX
SkaMan said:

Worldstone keep level 2
Worldstone keep level 3
Wow, your technique for finding a map is fascinating. How did you know to TP "over thar"?

As for DX-Crawler, good luck winning with a melee char. It can be done. I won the Baal comp a while back with an Avenger, and that was in 1.10 with the FE bug making things tough.
Disco-neck Ted said:
Wow, your technique for finding a map is fascinating. How did you know to TP "over thar"?

As for DX-Crawler, good luck winning with a melee char. It can be done. I won the Baal comp a while back with an Avenger, and that was in 1.10 with the FE bug making things tough.
For level 2 I could see the red section from the wp. For level 3 I happened to move right (planned on following the wall up/right) and could see the red section again 👍

And DX, where's your 5% mf come from? All I can think of off the top of my head is one 5% mf sc 😁
Question: Are these local time or some fixed time zone?
Local. It's a SP tournament, it's you, your char, and your word :)
-Edit- Nvm, Sorry, I guess this is a spam post now :S
Yess, 12AM here.
Have to finish some RL tasks standing between Meph and me, but I'm ready!

Edit: With the entrance to Durance 3 only six teleports away, I'm not rerolling this map!
AJK said:
Yess, 12AM here.
Have to finish some RL tasks standing between Meph and me, but I'm ready!

Edit: With the entrance to Durance 3 only six teleports away, I'm not rerolling this map!
You are from Netherlands and it's 24th 12:05 PM here (I guess) - in Czech republic - the same timezone. I was never sure about how the times are written in english, but I guess that the start is after midnight today.
Hrus said:
You are from Netherlands and it's 24th 12:05 PM here (I guess) - in Czech republic - the same timezone. I was never sure about how the times are written in english, but I guess that the start is after midnight today.
I trusted the forum clock, I set it to my timezone. I'm also not used to AM/PM, so if anyone who knows could tell me: wait until dark or not? Didn't start yet anyway.
AM: ante meridiem: before noon, so: 0:00 till 11:59
PM: post meridiem: after noon, so: 12:01 till 23:59
nepeta said:
AM: ante meridiem: before noon, so: 0:00 till 11:59
PM: post meridiem: after noon, so: 12:01 till 23:59
Damn, I should have paid more attention to my latin classes.
Confusion cleared, thanks!
Tracul said:
Is this the thread where we are allowed some warm,friendly trash talk?
SkaMan said:
Your cow-running finesse means nothing here!
[brag]Oh you acknowledge my cow-running finesse? You really should see my Pindle-running finesse :cool: I believe I have the most MF-packed (to be retracted if proven otherwise) char in this MFO! [/brag]
time per run maybe longer but that's because my comp sucks!

But I really shouldnt say much, since this proverb sums it the best:

Empty Vessels Make the Most Noise

Tracucius

9 more hours to go!

EDIT: SkaMan go trash someone in your category (Baal/Meph) 😁
Hrus said:
There are at least two of us in MFO 👍

@Tracul: 9 hours in your time, 11 in mine :azn:
Tracul said:
[brag]Oh you acknowledge my cow-running finesse? You really should see my Pindle-running finesse :cool: I believe I have the most MF-packed (to be retracted if proven otherwise) char in this MFO! [/brag]
time per run maybe longer but that's because my comp sucks!
Really, what's your MF? I had 683 during the Pindlethon with Hecathe, but now, I had to reequip her for running Tunnels (~500 MF).

EDIT: @jingizu: Finally some countryman on SPF. Hurá 👋
Hrus said:
..............*crickets chirping in the distance*.............
:laugh:
Meridiem comes from the Latin meridies = mid-day. 12 o'clock is, as you posted, neither am nor pm; just 12 midnight or 12 noon.

Trash talk and education in the same thread. It's what makes the SPF great.

Edit: We actually lose an hour of MFing due to the hour going forward on Sunday
Tracul said:
..............*crickets chirping in the distance*.............
:laugh:
Apparently Tracul doesn't have the most MF then... 😆

Just for bragging purposes, I'm running around with 398 on main, 450 on switch, and if merc gets the kill probably another 200 or so, that makes 650. :wink2:

Last edited:
@Tracul, I found an interesting post by Helvet about his Pindlerunner and his insane MF:

Check fifth post in this thread
Okay okay I'll come clean!......But first:

Hrus said:
@Tracul, I found an interesting post by Helvet about his Pindlerunner and his insane MF:

:shocked: Ists for MF? That's just plain wasteful! I hope your 683MF didn't include any Ists...
I have 579MF on my sorc, no changes on switch, nothing on merc (he's not supposed to kill anything, just CTC decrepify and prevent the pindle gang from raping my sorc).
Gear Layout:
Oculus
Shako Ptopazed
Tal's Armor, Ammy, Belt 15MF
WT 47MF
Chancies 40MF
30MF Nagel and 30MF FoF magic ring
Rhyme RW
11 MF sc's (9x7, 2x6)
40MF Gheeds

Open to comments,suggestions and criticism (pls be light guys, I'm a very fragile and sensitive guy :cry:)
Tracul said:

:shocked: Ists for MF? That's just plain wasteful! I hope your 683MF didn't include any Ists...
Ok, without losing anything, Ptopazing your armor will add MF at no cost, except a socket quest. That'll put you over 600%.

Of course that "wasteful" Dual Ist ali-bab will add another 100% MF on top of that.

btw: did I hear wasteful, this is something my zon will by carrying around.

Gemmed Monarch
'IstIst'
Defense: 147
Chance to Block: 42%
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 54
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb9fd9b08
Adds 2-148 lightning damage
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
100% Chance to cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+8% to Lightning Skill Damage
-10% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Oh and yes, to be perfectly clear, it should be dark outside at the start and end of the MFO

or if you prefer:

0:01 on the 25th to
23:59 on the 2nd.
Tracul said:

I have 579MF on my sorc, no changes on switch, nothing on merc (he's not supposed to kill anything, just CTC decrepify and prevent the pindle gang from raping my sorc).
Gear Layout:
Oculus
Shako Ptopazed
Tal's Armor, Ammy, Belt 15MF
WT 47MF
Chancies 40MF
30MF Nagel and 30MF FoF magic ring
Rhyme RW
11 MF sc's (9x7, 2x6)
40MF Gheeds

Open to comments,suggestions and criticism (pls be light guys, I'm a very fragile and sensitive guy :cry:)
my sorc has the same gear but a little less mf becoz some of my stuff arent perfect
On the other hand, the difference between 600 and 700 isn't really large when it comes to uniques and the number of items dropped per 1000 runs or so.

I'm very satisfied with my 450 :hide:
6 ports to Meph? :point: My map has 2!!!

GL to every1 (wishing that cause when I win I want you guys to have some nice items for me:grin: )
Ladies and Gentlemen, parading along the MFO catwalk are Sigon and Gwinni.
They list their favourite pastimes as killing things and finding things.

Sigon is venturing forth in his own design Complete Steel, which has been tastefully added to by Larzuk of Harrogath, Armourer To The Mighty. PTopaz's now adorn both helm and armour. The main ensemble is rounded off with a 30 % Nagelring and a generous sprinkling of MF Charms. For the weapon switch, de-rigour dual Blade Of Ali Baba, socketed, this time, with MF Jewels for an extra 35 %. Sigon's delightful companion Gwinni is elegantly attired in a PTopaz Harlequin Crest and a four PTopaz Superior Archon Plate.

This gives main weapon/switch/switch+merc vital statistics of 211/422/592.

Good luck to one and all. May the drop gods smile on us.
SkaMan said:
For level 2 I could see the red section from the wp. For level 3 I happened to move right (planned on following the wall up/right) and could see the red section again 👍

And DX, where's your 5% mf come from? All I can think of off the top of my head is one 5% mf sc 😁
Yupp one nice and shiny 5% MF to give me some sweet items:grin:

Can start in 4.5 hours

DX
MF isn't everything... ~~
Hrus said:

From the link above, would it be safe to say that per MF%, around 200-300 gives you the best chance to drop unique?
jrlafrance said:
From the link above, would it be safe to say that per MF%, around 200-300 gives you the best chance to drop unique?
Higher is allways better until you don't sacrifice the killing speed. Pure Blizzsorc on P1 will kill Pindle in full MF gear almost as fast as with offensive noMF gear, so stacking MF on her is not a bad idea.
jrlafrance said:
No, the returns diminish very quickly but more MF always gives more effective MF for uniques. And unless you are planning on finding enough goodies that Gris Redemption doesn't make your top 5, the extra MF effects on sets should also be taken into consideration.

edit: too slow.
jrlafrance said:
More MF is always better, but the diminishing returns hit hard so that 400 MF isn't a dramatic improvement over 200 MF. In my Baal running I haven't noticed a difference in drops between 227 MF (Stormlash + Goblin Toe to kill Baal) and 429 MF (IstIst Ali Baba + War Travs) so I've stuck with the lesser MF combo because it drops p3 Baal in 30 seconds flat.

Edit: pwned twice
jjscud said:
Ok, without losing anything, Ptopazing your armor will add MF at no cost, except a socket quest. That'll put you over 600%.
Armor is soc with Ambergris jool, like to keep the lightres up and Pindle's lightning waves off my back. Anyhow changing my gear (eg oculus out for ali baba's) would increase my MF (which according to popular opinion is negligible) and decrease my killing speed by a chunk.
IMHO tho, any no of MF 250 and above doesnt matter much. What matter is plain pure LUCK!!! Finding items in D2 was never about statistics, one can't calculate when or where or after how many runs after one shall find a Stormlash.
It's sort of like 'gambling', not with gold, but with your precious minutes and hours. Some ppl "gamble" 500 hours for a WF, some 5 hours etc. I just wanted to brag my MF no off 😁 and of course ask for some tips for improvement!

Something tho has been bothering me for a very long time. There are times when i run pindle (either with my fishymancer or meterorb) when i find his/her life (which is well above 900) suddenly drop...alot! Happens often when Pindy's light enchanted. Lightres is definitely 60+ but life suddenly drops to roughly 50-60 (in like what 3s?), which by then i would have to scramble for a purplie. I'm not sure wht at that time i was getting hit by the light waves but during other runs when i'm sure i was hit, it didn't do as much damage as i expected (more like no significant damage watsoeva).
FYI, fishymancer died once before and meterorb twice (to pindle!@#!@#!@#*!&)due to this 'bug'
When Pindle is lightning enchanted and cold enchanted, the damage from CE is carried by bolts and damage from LE is carried by cold nova. The same with fire damage. It might also add some damage from another sources which I don't know exactly how they works, but I suspect spectral hit mod and some auras (Holy shock).
Edit: the same is true for FE damage, but that was strongly reduced in 1.11.
and to add to what Hrus said, LE bosses now shoot invisible bolts in addition to their normal bolts so when you see your life drop like that, you're probably getting hit with the invisible ones...

frustrating aint it...
Oh I didnt know that Hrus!! Now i am 'educated' 😁 So it's a bug actually rite?
@shleefin: INVISIBLE BOLTS??!!!??? Heard of it, neva expected it to happen to me tho...
So I can't do anything much about that huh, cept hovering my finger over the potion hotkey...

EDIT: Do you guys run pindle with high resists? Also need some how-to-make-D2-load-faster tips (defragged,cleared all unnecessary softwares/stuffs already) Thanks guys!!!!
rules said:
Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: chase

Meph
Firelizard's Talons 36.1
Eaglehorn 39.6
Eaglehorn 39.6 (example of multiple find)
Total Score: 115.3
Hehe. 😆
Meteorb Olena reporting for Durance Duty! Sir, Meph, sir!

Full Tal's set... check (thanks nepeta!)
Protect merc... check
Stuff all MF trinkets I have on meteorb... check
PTopazes in spare armor sockets... check
/players 3... check

Let the games begin!

Edit: MF = 290% total.
Lets go Tracul the Fishymancer and Daffy the Meteorb Sorc!!!
450MF on the necro 590MF on sorc 😁

jjscud said:
2. There was only one vote for splitting the double points items (me) and several against so they are not split in the score sheets.
What does this mean exactly??
Steven Q Urkel said:
What does this mean exactly??
There are a few items, like the two Mighty Scepters (The Redeemer and Heaven's Light) that drop with a certain frequency but because there are two, the game makes an additional selection to get just one and their drop probability is cut in half, doubling their points.

The catch is that the chance of a Mighty Scepter dropping is the same as a Windforce and there's no "no unique" option so you are guaranteed to get twice as many points as a Windforce even though the likely hood of getting one of these is the same.

I presented each argument at the beginning of the signup period (with a bit less bias than the above statement) and all votes were for keeping the score that's double that of a Windforce and other items that drop with the same likelyhood as a Might Scepter.
Tracul said:
EDIT: Do you guys run pindle with high resists? Also need some how-to-make-D2-load-faster tips (defragged,cleared all unnecessary softwares/stuffs already) Thanks guys!!!!
resists aren't needed IMO, and have you tried window mode? someone suggested it to me and it's been workin wonders :cool:
That's it for today. Ran Meph less than an hour because humans need sleep too. I'd put my robot clone in front of the PC if I could, but Meph bots are not allowed here.

Running Meph is actually quite nice, because my share of high-level ExU's and mid-level EU's is quite low. It's going to be a productive week if big M keeps dropping the goods for me at this rate :laugh:.
Highlight of my first hour of runs: Tancred's hobnails.

Next task: memorizing the EU item types. I'm already hauling too much normal/exceptional stuff home.
CoolTrix@Pindle.
:rolleyes:

Hotspur
Boots
Defense: 10
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 5
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2c78ac05
+15 to Life
+10% Enhanced Defense
+6 Defense
Fire Resist +45%
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 3-6 fire damage
shleefin said:
resists aren't needed IMO, and have you tried window mode? someone suggested it to me and it's been workin wonders :cool:
Ah i see. BUt i heard window mode gives some other probs rite? Something about golden and yellow items being hard to differentiate etc...

Update: Sorc has 5 qualifiers already!
MrSnow started to visit the tunnels and Sin-Dara entered the WSK again. One run each, no qualifiers (but a green TC3 - quilted armor).

Now off to prepare lunch for my family 😃
Meph has been reasonably generous, giving 3 qualifiers so far, so at least I will not score 0. He has also just dropped a pair of Gore Riders which I am passing to my Frenzy Barbarian.
pindle is in bad mood today-5 gualifiers in like 6 hours and only 1 im happy of.
jjscud said:
Cryist - lvl 85 areas -
Hrus - Act 5 SUs -
Kaysaar - Meph -
jjscud - Baal -

Partipants - Please email your supervisor every day or two with the following info (feel free to decrypt their email address and store that on your computer:wink3: :

Forum Name
Top 5 finds - Points
Total Points

ATMA Readout are not needed until the end of the competition
Just to remind partipants that this is all i need, your FORUM NAME and only top 5 items with points, please no ATMA read outs, i'l only need those after the MFO is over.
Well item finds are going so-so. I'm quite happy with the performance of my hybrid zon in the Pit. What I'm really excited about are runes.

I got a Lem while map hunting yesterday and then a Pul while running last night. Considering the frequency of the lower runes and those two nice runes already, I have high hopes of finding a decent rune this week.
Tracul said:
Ah i see. BUt i heard window mode gives some other probs rite? Something about golden and yellow items being hard to differentiate etc...

Update: Sorc has 5 qualifiers already!
I was playing window mode the other day (for the first time), and on my screen, yellow items looked "gold", and gold items looked "brown". As long as you know the differenct, its not hard to see them. The other big problem I encounter was clicking off screen. I was playing with my WW barb, and at times, I do long whirls. When you click off screen, D2 minimizes. Thankfully, when it minimizes, the action stops! But being the first window epxperiment, I could learn to shorten up the whirls.
I've had a good day and am stopping now until tomorrow, otherwise I fear I will be served with divorce papers.

Enough qualifiers to start being selective, a Seraph's Hymn and Gloom's Trap for my personal stash and a good few Exceptionals going in to the Art Exhibition 2 (shameless plug) prize fund.

I hope you have all found good gold things.
I'm very saddened by my drops. 100 Pindle runs, and only 1 qualifier. Only a total of 6 gold/unique items (1 grail item though). I'm changing up my MF to see if another 100 runs will bring better drops.
So, end of session for today. Let's give Meph a break.
Total number of qualifiers: 20 (among which 1 ethereal one)
Notable finds:
- 40% Chance Guards
- Deaths Hand
- Knell Striker
- Guardian Angel

Time to give my poor fingers/wrist a break. See y'all tomorrow.

@jrlafrance: Keep the faith and remember the three P's!
Two and a half hours done, one qualifier. Hmm. I couldn't play as much as I hoped, but perhaps tomorrow...
I think I will focus more on lvl 85 Areas category. Before MFO, I just wanted to level my zon and get higher in the quest for lvl 99 table, but I found a really good routine with Hecathe running Ancient Tunnels. So my score for Baal is rather low, but I already scored some semi-decent qualifiers in 85 category.
Afte a break for lunch, and some other errands, another 100 runs in the books. Total of 5 gold/greens, 1 qualifier. I've changed maps, revised MF. I think the next thing to look at is players setting. I've been going at /p1, I think its time to up it a little to /p3.

I hope others are doing better. :undecided:

I did find this nice ammy:

Plague Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xe87beb95
+4 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +16%
Cold Resist +16%
Poison Resist +47%
5% Life stolen per hit
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)
2. jjscud (RRM)
3. Cormallon (vanilla 1.11b)
4. Ron (RRM/1.11b)
5. tweety (RRM)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)
7. hepcat (RRM)
8. Gabriel74 (vanilla 1.11b)
9. jrlafrance (1.11, RRM, RWM)
10. Tracul (RWM/RRM)
11. Salvo (RWM/RRM)

After the first day of the MFO i have received a few up dates and the current rankings are shown above. Stay tuned for more information. as i get up dates from the players i'll post it as soon as i can.

Anther A5SU 100 runs done, with only 2 qualifiers. :cry:

I did find this strange amulet though, I've never seen it before:

Amulet of Bone Spirit
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x633b039b
Level 1 Bone Spirit (18/22 Charges)
Haven't had access to the net in 3 days....I had my wedding so good excuse. Running Pindle with my Blizzsorc at 632 MF and Pits with Strafer at 330 MF. Pits luck has been terrible....2 lousy qualifiers. Pindle on the other hand,.....has been quite generous. Will update the supervisors tomorrow when I'm back at home....good luck all!
pindle is not giving away qualifiers but, as you'll see, that's not bothering me too much atm...

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6ce4afce
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 449
Chance to Block: 72%
Smite Damage: 20 to 28
Durability: 32 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x26716e3b
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+166% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

i decided to change things up and run pindle at /p8 for this tourney so even if i dont win, at least i get xp out of it :rolleyes: i think its paid off so far...the HoZ is an example 😃
8 gualifiers yesterday from pindle.
Did anyone send me his/her progress score? I did not recieve any mail so far, but I suspect my mail is doing strange things again.
I can provide another mail adress if my original one is not working properly.
we have to send u the progress score?
Naab said:
we have to send u the progress score?
Yes, I am a A5 SU supervisor, so I am supposed to give you the actual rankings (without scores) of this category, similarly as cryist did for level 85 category.
Hm, Mephisto seems to be quite good in MF.

I have never killed him in the same rate like nowadays, and I am impressed...

Unfortunatelly, I am finding quite a lot qualifiers with low points.

But I found HoZ, 8/15/15 string, cold facet and other usefull stuff :jig:
Jingizu said:
Unfortunatelly, I am finding quite a lot qualifiers with low points.
Warning, painfully obvious statement below!
Your qualifiers' score is based on rarity. So guess why you keep finding low-scorers...
I feel your pain though, I didn't find any high-scorer too...
Meph did give me some goodies in the non-EU category which I'm quite happy with. This category rules! (for the poor)

I'm off to whack Meph, day 2. Made level 90 yesterday, so only 1000-1100 runs to go to the next level!
ok hrus whats ur email then?
Newsflash!
I don't really care whether I win this MFO or not (look in the item find thread).
This doesn't mean that I'll put any less effort in, so competitors beware! 😁
Naab said:
ok hrus whats ur email then?
Did you try to send it to *redacted*? It should be OK now.
Here's a baal update, but be warned that thisis with hardly any updates:

Hrus (vanilla)
DX (RWM, RRM))
nepeta (vanilla)
Shleefin (vanilla)
kabal (RRM)
SkaMan (RWM)
zeomg (1.11b RRM)

Personally its been quiet, I've had a few high hopes for a an SoJ, BKWB, or Wisp projector from a few unique rings I've found but they were Nature's Peace and Carrion Wind, not bad but not what I want. The good news is I've seen magic and rares of all the top scoring items, if they keep falling on occasion sooner or later, a few of them will turn gold, I hope.
sent the email,got it?
That's Day 2 over for me. A few more qualifiers, but nothing else notable. Still, I suppose not every day will be good. I will send a score card to Kaysaar. Work is top priority now, but I'll carry on when I can.

Continued Good Luck to everyone 👍
Probably the worst day in my MF-ing carreer. Ran Meph for 4,5 hours, which led to me increasing my score by... 1.5 points. Then I decided I needed a brake from the durance and headed to pindle. He was even a worse :censored: then Meph, dropping an amazing amount of 1 elite S/U in 3.5 hours of gameplay. I estimate that I do 90 runs/hour so that's one impressive streak. The highpoints were a blue thunder maul (didn't check so as not to kill myself), a yellow mighty scepter and a blue scourge (yep, 130). All this with 605 MF.
:rant: :rant: :rant:
Sent updates to both supervisors
I've only received two updates so far, so right now it's Skinny ahead of Atil.
Naab said:
sent the email,got it?
Yes, I got it, and also got an email from schleefin and Skinny.
standings:
schleefin
Naab
Skinny

But you are very close to each other...
New update on the standings, Hrus still is the leader, while Salvo made a huge jump on the current leaders from 11th to 4th.

Some words of encourgment, don't forget that this is a MFO that means consistancy espically on the harder areas (lvl85, A5 SU, and Baal) it's going to take more than a 100 runs to get good scoring items.

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
Numbers in () are previous Rank

1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
2. jjscud (RRM)(2)
3. Cormallon (vanilla 1.11b)(3)
4. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(11)
5. Ron (RRM/1.11b)(4)
6. tweety (RRM)(5)
7. DX (RWM, RRM)(6)
8. hepcat (RRM)(7)
9. Gabriel74 (vanilla 1.11b)(8)
10. jrlafrance (1.11, RRM, RWM)(9)
11. Tracul (RWM/RRM)(10)
Its slow going, but I have 36 qualifiers in stash from the Ancient Tunnels

Some nice finds

Gul Rune
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Helms: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Poison Resist

Required Level: 53

From the chest

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x2f813296
+33 to Life
+52 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xb00d790c
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate

tweety said:
Its slow going, but I have 36 qualifiers in stash from the Ancient Tunnels
36 elites ? Jay! How many runs and hours did you spend? My count from the tunnels is much lower, and if I estimate the time needed for 36 elites, the day must have more than 24 hours for me. Did you ever sleep during the last two days?
My runs for today are done. Though I worked hard to get a nice number of qualifiers, they all were low today. But I slightly improved my score by replacing #4 and #5 in 85 areas category. Only few runs in Baal category, I have a low score there, so it was easy to improve it too.

Those elites really come in streaks. They often come two in one run or conscutive runs, either from Baal or Tunnels. Then nothing for an hour...
Hrus said:
Those elites really come in streaks. They often come two in one run or conscutive runs, either from Baal or Tunnels. Then nothing for an hour...
I noticed that too @Meph's today. He just kept on giving after an initial dry streak. I can only explain that as follows: we clearly remember streaks of EU's and tend to forget the EU's found in singles.

Anyway, I'm done for the day. I'm entering the zone in which not every EU makes the list. This means that I now depend on luck, and must therefore sacrifice 13 goats at midnight. (drat, too late...) Will send an email to Kaysaar. I wonder if my luck>theirs...

I also clicked 'Nightmare' once by accident today, followed by a stream of expletives strong enough to halt all fusion in the sun's core :)rant: :censored: :hang: :banghead: ). I went back to Hell with great trepidation, and was greeted with a map where dur.3 was only four teleports away from the waypoint. I guess Meph just loves pain.

Edit: Non-EU finds of the day: Arm of king Larry, Atma's Crabs, 290+ def Guardian Angel, Skullder's Ire. No Oculus yet...
pquote]I also clicked 'Nightmare' once by accident today, followed by a stream of expletives strong enough to halt all fusion in the sun's core ( ). I went back to Hell with great trepidation, and was greeted with a map where dur.3 was only four teleports away from the waypoint. I guess Meph just loves pain.
I found out that if you reset your comp just after clicking the wrong difficulty your map is saved. Just a little tip for the future. I guess that you could also minimalize D2 and close it via task manager, that should work the same.
[/QUOTE]
Skinny, resetting the computer seems a bit drastic to me, but minimizing and flipping the killswitch on the program has to work because the character + new map seed hasn't been saved yet.
Not that I would do so. If I'm too stupid to click the right diff. button, D2 deserves to spank me (hard!).
Immortal King's Stone Crusher
Ogre Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 231 to 318
Required Strength: 225
Required Level: 76
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xf514f694
+200% Enhanced Damage
40% Increased Attack Speed
200% Damage to Demons
350% Damage to Undead
37% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible

Adds 211-397 fire damage
Adds 7-477 lightning damage
Adds 127-364 cold damage over 6 seconds
+204 poison damage over 6 seconds
Adds 250-361 magic damage

Socketed (2: 0 used)

Hurray! The first point is in :p Oh dear me, this MFO isn't going to do me any good this way, seeing I won't be having much time to play this week :( Did find a shapeshifting skiller though.
Why does my map, which is better than perfect, for about 8 boss packs spawn in the WSK on the way to the Throne Room, one or two right across the bridge, two more at the bridge right beyond the one (and only) corner of WSK1, then WSK2, one pack at the first crossroads, two more at the bridge, at WSK3, one at the second crossroads and the last one left top of the Throne Room's entrance ^^

But unfortunately, the WSK bosses drop better than Baal&Co :/

Wish me luck, gonna need it :p
Skinny, resetting the computer seems a bit drastic to me, but minimizing and flipping the killswitch on the program has to work because the character + new map seed hasn't been saved yet.
Not that I would do so. If I'm too stupid to click the right diff. button, D2 deserves to spank me (hard!).
As you wish, but I don't see nothing wrong with it- it's merely an accident, those damn buttons ARE really small.
Hmm, I just find the results of 85areas category winner in previous MFO.
Hmmm, very depressing.
Shermo's leet finds
Hrus said:
Hmmm, very depressing.
Shermo's leet finds
Hmm, 29 qualifiers and a rune. That makes about 3 per day. Doable. But quality is more important than quantity, I guess.
Hrus said:
Hmmm, very depressing.
Shermo's leet finds
Hrus, you can't to this - the picture.... It makes me feel like total zero :cry:
Jingizu said:
Hrus, you can't to this - the picture.... It makes me feel like total zero :cry:
I am sorry, I feel guilty.
I guess that it was a result of leet character (enigmadin) with leet skill and lot of invested time.

Cormallon said:
Hmm, 29 qualifiers and a rune. That makes about 3 per day. Doable. But quality is more important than quantity, I guess.
That really were not all qualifiers. The lowest TC is that Mighty Scepter and for sets - only TC87 are on the pic.
Well, some nice rare rings from Pindle:
Entropy Hold
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x9dde249b
+10 to Strength
+15 to Energy
+5 to Mana
+44 to Attack Rating
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +11

Entropy Turn
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x71544f28
+73 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +24%
5% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

And this....twice as rare as a Stormlash (from Pindle that is), but alas, 0 points:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 10 of 15
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5606dc89
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

I've got some very nice qualifiers from Pindle, but squat from lvl 85. Will have to improve there. And Hrus, you shouldn't have posted that pic....it's just disgusting.
Hrus said:
That really were not all qualifiers. The lowest TC is that Mighty Scepter and for sets - only TC87 are on the pic.
OkOk ... but only five count ;) 85 points are impressive though.
AJK said:
Edit: Non-EU finds of the day:....Skullder's Ire. No Oculus yet...
Beeyatch. Five years and still no Skullder's for me. I have an Oculus (not from this MFO) so, if we don't find what we're looking for this week, care to swap? (I normally play self-found + tourney winnings so this will count if I can get my rule bending machine started).
3 qualifier and a green sash for me so far, goodluck everybody
Short question - if I find something, what is extremely valuable for me, but has low points, am I allowed to present it here (to share my happiness)?

I will not count it as MFO qualifier, because I am sure I won't win and I am SURE the winners will take it from me - so I make no demands to count points for this item...
4 qualifiers, I have to end my effort today coz some urgency.
Sent result to cryist.

@Jingizu: I feel a bit negative about it, on past MFO everybody post their nice below 5 highest items too for picking.
Jingizu said:
I will not count it as MFO qualifier, because I am sure I won't win and I am SURE the winners will take it from me - so I make no demands to count points for this item...
+3 Blizzard Ormus? or eth. Reapers? :)
I am with Salvo, that's the MFO, you better win your category!
Too bad I dont get point for these

Ist Rune

Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Helms: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51

DX
salvo said:
@Jingizu: I feel a bit negative about it, on past MFO everybody post their nice below 5 highest items too for picking.
Hrus said:
I am with Salvo, that's the MFO, you better win your category!
OK, I understand 👍

I will not count it as qualifier anyway and will post it after finishing MFO in Item Find thread 😃
Of course I will post every other "non-top 5" items for picking, btw I think the item would be in my top 5 - so it's my "fault" not to use it in MFO

Ugh, I got no qualifiers or anything nice yet, ashamed to face everyone.
Atil said:
Beeyatch. Five years and still no Skullder's for me. I have an Oculus (not from this MFO) so, if we don't find what we're looking for this week, care to swap? (I normally play self-found + tourney winnings so this will count if I can get my rule bending machine started).
That'll be sir Beeyatch for you :wink3:.
Feel free to PM once the MFO mayhem blows over.

*hands over detailed Rule-Bend-O-Matic manual...*
Hrus said:
Hmmm, very depressing.
Shermo's leet finds
Yep, it was that image that inspired me to go for the lvl 85 areas. The possibility is definately there. Its not looking too good so far for me though. I did lvl my zon from 86 to 89 over the weekend.

Of course, when I got home last night I found a notice saying that whole city plus 4 surrounding cities power would be out from 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM this morning. That certainly didn't help any.

and while I'm here, baal update:

SkaMan (RWM)
Hrus (vanilla)
DX (RWM, RRM))
nepeta (vanilla)
Shleefin (vanilla)
kabal (RRM)
zeomg (1.11b RRM)
Meh, I got started yesterday, but Pindle didn't drop anything useful for two hours straight, so I re-rolled the seed, and an hour later I had two qualifiers.

Today Afrodite, my BlizzBaller, slaughtered Pindle some more, for about 2,5 hours, and now I have 7 qualifiers.
Today I planned 10 Baal runs, which were finished just now. Ten worst Baal runs this MFO. Have to save&exit twice because of being mobbed, have to resurrect merc at least 5 times frome various reasons, once exiting the game by mistake before last wave, Council being LI 4 times, Souls 5 times, in that Souls+Oblivions twice and Souls+Oblivions+Ancients once.
Number of qualifiers:0

At least tenth run, Baal decide to drop Saracen's chance.

Now to the tunnels.
Mephisto Update:

1. Skinny
2. Jingizu
3. AJK
4. Atil
I've been gone a few days and feel a bit... detached from the progress of this tourney. This leads to the following questions:

1. Are the qualifiers all elite set/unique items each target can drop? And NOT including any jewelry?

2. Can non-qualifier items be claimed as prizes?

3. Can only the top-five items be claimed as prizes? If that's the case are you allowed to be a coward and take out a higher valued item in favor for a less valued one and thus not run the risk of losing the first one?

4. Am I allowed to use qualifiers during the MFO? (i.e. I've just restarted so I don't have a Harlequin Crest for my sorc).

5. Are the time limits set to local time or UTC/GMT time? (It doesn't really matter as long as everybody does the same).

6. I don't know if it's international but up here in the north we have something called summer-/winter time. It changed to summer time the passed week-end, meaning one hour was "lost". Am I allowed to play one extra hour if this not is an international thing?

Well, that's all I think. Good luck everyone.
Kefir-Tribe said:
I've been gone a few days and feel a bit... detached from the progress of this tourney. This leads to the following questions:

1. Are the qualifiers all elite set/unique items each target can drop? And NOT including any jewelry?

3. Can only the top-five items be claimed as prizes? If that's the case are you allowed to be a coward and take out a higher valued item in favor for a less valued one and thus not run the risk of losing the first one?

4. Am I allowed to use qualifiers during the MFO? (i.e. I've just restarted so I don't have a Harlequin Crest for my sorc).

5. Are the time limits set to local time or UTC/GMT time? (It doesn't really matter as long as everybody does the same).

6. I don't know if it's international but up here in the north we have something called summer-/winter time. It changed to summer time the passed week-end, meaning one hour was "lost". Am I allowed to play one extra hour if this not is an international thing?

Well, that's all I think. Good luck everyone.
1. Yes. elite items means no jewelry, just elite "equip" items - armors and weapons.
2. I don't think so. You are not forced to post them at the end of MFO.
3. It was a nice habbit to post list of all qualifiers as possible prizes, not everyone did it though. jjscud will give final rulings on that.
4. I don't know, in previous MFO, the qualifiers had to be unidentifed so you couldn't use them anyway. Again, calling for jjscud, but I don't see a reason why not.
5. local time
6. Well I was asleep and I got up at the same time (according to new time) so I did only loose 1 hour of sleep time, not hour of playing time. jjscud??

EDIT: And I want to brag about my latest find, which was a) grailer for me and b) high qualifier too, probably worth my final top5.

just elites, no jewelry.

Nope.

I would say just the top 5. There are often generous souls that offer more than their top five but all the tourney requires is the top five. As for not posting a find in order to save it. I would say very bad form. Its early in the week, if its really that good, try to win, if its not that good, try to get higher point items. I would prefer to see shameless begging to leave you that item than unposted items.

As we've allowed items to be id'ed. I don't see any problem with this.

Local times.

Uh, sure, if (and only if) your time has changed, causing you to lose an hour , you can play for an extra hour, until 1:00 Monday morning.
Thanks a bunch. I feel up to date. :cool:

jjscud said:
As for not posting a find in order to save it. I would say very bad form. Its early in the week, if its really that good, try to win, if its not that good, try to get higher point items. I would prefer to see shameless begging to leave you that item than unposted items.
Just to clarify, I have/had no intention of doing this. It was a hypothetical question.
50 qualifiers, but I'm very dissappointed with my score.
Found a nice ring though

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x47f3c645
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)
I'm done for today. 50 runs without a single qualifier ... that's extremely bad luck. I hope this will change tomorrow.
Is everyone complaining, that the others might reduce their effort? :p

Here: Turns out I found 2 qualifiers today, had to look 'm up, and honestly, I would not have made those qualifiers. But certainly better than yesterday :)

How's the RSI everyone? Here's cool, thankfully.
nepeta said:
Is everyone complaining, that the others might reduce their effort? :p

Here: Turns out I found 2 qualifiers today, had to look 'm up, and honestly, I would not have made those qualifiers. But certainly better than yesterday :)

How's the RSI everyone? Here's cool, thankfully.
Ahhh, strategy. Try to lure your opponents into a false sense of security. Brilliant!!

I haven't had much luck in lvl85 at all. Found several qualifiers from A5SU, but I'll update tonight.

@ nepeta: RSI?
I've only done a few runs today but found a good qualifier.

Here's something I also found amusing to lighten people's mood, if you're a bit unlucky at the moment. I think Isenhart sponsored this run :laugh:

@jrlafrance: RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury
I just try to keep up with Tweety's number of qualifiers, 50 here too. 😪
Only 5 qualifiers today - in an hour, I don't have time to play during week, none of them will be in my top 5, but two of them are very usefull EU's, I bet someone will pick them like prize :rolleyes:
That's it! I quit! (only for today, dear competitors).
When whacking Meph starts too feel like work you know you're done.
Managed to make a new top-3 today, total number of qualifiers: 49 (with 2 eth).
Non-EU finds of the day: +2 all skills Tal's Orb, one unique Winged Helm for the ladies, *cough*HoZ*cough* and *drumroll*:

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 113
Durability: 7 of 22
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x26dfbd6d
+180% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 14 Why!? So close, and yet so far... :(
Damage Reduced by 15%
8% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability
I've gotten it worked out so that I got my MFO on at work. Nice time.

Started a bit today, five qualifiers, three of one kind (unfortunately not three stormlashes:cloud9: )

I am afraid I will have to drop out of Lvl 85 areas, I will not be able to get the time for three areas. Sorry for the trouble.
New update on the LVL 85 Area. Hrus is still in the lead but not by much. one good find will put anybody on the top. Standings are below..

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------

1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
2. tweety (RRM)(6)
4. jjscud (RRM)(2)
5. hepcat (RRM)(8)
6. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(4)
7. Ron (RRM/1.11b)(5)
8. DX (RWM, RRM)(7)
9. Gabriel74 (vanilla 1.11b)(9)
10. jrlafrance (1.11, RRM, RWM)(10)
11. Tracul (RWM/RRM)(11)

I believe Gabriel just posted to drop out of this category cryist 😁

And I hate baal. Earlier he dropped a particular grailer for me that I had wanted for aaaages but had always eluded me. 10 runs later he drops another one! Ah mf is a fickle mistress.
Well, due to recent project and homework deadlines, and most importantly hopeless luck, with 0 qualifiers after hours of pindle (yes, 0, probably all my luck has gone into that archon staff), I have decided to drop out of my category (A5SU), as I really have no more time to MF this week.
Been missing in action for the past 2 days due to unpaid internet connection :shocked: NOw I'm Back!!!
I too overestimated planned time on D2, have already sent cryist my resignation for the Level 85 areas.
On Act5SU's tho, gotten 26 qualifiers so far. No big ones yet, buts its coming i am sure :evil: Sent update report to Hrus and hope i won't be dead last :laugh:

Some very interesting finds:
Code:
Lenymo
Sash
Defense: 2
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xf3bf715f
+15 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 30%
All Resistances +5
+1 to Light Radius

Shimmering Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x566a085
All Resistances +5

Jewel of Thunder
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x2b939882
Adds 1-90 lightning damage

Plus non-qualifiers like Guardian's Angel, Tal's Helm (5 of em!), Ravenfrost, Cat's Eye etc etc
But my best non-qualifier find is this baby:
Lion Branded Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x8e0afff8
+25 to Life
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Current Standings in A5 SU category:

Tracul
hepcat
schleefin
Naab
Skinny
jrlafrance
San

no updates from Factory, zeomg, Gabriel74
I've completed roughly 1800 Pindle runs now...and I'm getting a bit stir crazy. 41 qualifiers. Think that's about 1 every 45 runs or so which isn't bad, but was hoping for better w/ 632 MF. I can probably go for another 200 or so tonight, but back to work tomorrow. Gonna shoot for 4000 runs by the end of this thing....if I don't pull all of my hair out.

Level 85 is another story. Due to Pindle running, have only visited the Pits maybe 35 or so times, and only 6 qualifiers. Got a Ko rune tonight, but not much else.

Got this from Pindle, which has been on my wishlist for a longtime, and have now put it to good use (though I may have been a bit foolish in upping it--not sure yet):

Skullder's Ire
Balrog Skin
Defense: 2107
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x19c9064f
+173% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Required Level +7
+1 to All Skill Levels
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Keep at it MFers!
Reading about the numbers of elites from hepcat, hrus and tweety, I feel there must be something wrong with me. 6 elites from 35 pit runs... well, I got 4 from 127 in the tunnels now. My MF isn't that bad (about 450). I can't imagine how I'd find 50 by now...

I guess my runner char is somehow cursed.

Oh well... congrats to your numbers, of course 😉
Cormallon said:
Reading about the numbers of elites from hepcat, hrus and tweety, I feel there must be something wrong with me. 6 elites from 35 pit runs... well, I got 4 from 127 in the tunnels now. My MF isn't that bad (about 450). I can't imagine how I'd find 50 by now...

I guess my runner char is somehow cursed.

Oh well... congrats to your numbers, of course 😉
My numbers are similar to yours from the lvl 85 areas....The 41 were from Pindle . I'm up to 7 now from the Pits....over 45 runs:sad2: It's hit or miss really. I have a feeling I won't find much in the Pits since I found a Mang's 2 weeks ago.....superstition, though I shouldn't complain. Keep at it....they come in spurts.
Cormallon said:
I got 4 from 127 in the tunnels now. My MF isn't that bad (about 450). I can't imagine how I'd find 50 by now...
I did around 750 tunnels runs so far, 4 qualifiers for 127 runs seems very unlucky.
19 qualifiers from pindle so far,sent an update to hrus
I'm well over 1000 Tunnel runs now, today I finally increased my score again after two days of nothingness.

Somethin popped out of the chest again as well

Pul Rune

Weapons: 75% Damage to Demons, +100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Helms: +30% Enhanced Defense
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Required Level: 45
Well, complaining helps. Changed runner char and tactics, got two qualifiers (low end) during the last hour 😃
Time for a Baal update. Bit of a shakeup.

Nepeta
SkaMan
Hrus
kabal
zeomg
Shleefin
DX

For me all I can say is yikes, 750 runs, 1000 runs. I've no idea how many runs I've done but I'm sure its not that many. Oh well, I'm doing sub 5 minute P3 pit runs with ~450 MF in all the spare time I've got, I'm reasonably happy with the results so far.
As you all can see, I mailed an update ^^ All your IK mauls are belong to meh!!11!11 harharhar!11!1!!!!!!! n00bzorz ^^^^^^&*(#@#$%^&*(

pssst, I'm lower caseish ;)
Bleh. Almost two hours, and only two qualifiers, a Shael rune, and this weird sword.

Wraith Cleaver
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 105 to 275
Two-Hand Damage: 247 to 488
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Dexterity: 110
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xae4b1eb7
+1 to Strength
+184% Enhanced Damage
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) [Fool's]
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)
Ran one hour as a warm-up, got a few qualifiers and ... a Hotspur (TC3++).
Took a small break to throw my Zealot in the Pit and he found ... a Doombringer.
Yes people, right qualifier, wrong spot.
Started my Baalrunning tonight did a stint on 20 in a row now and I'm very close to lvl 96, but not a single **** dropped, some uniques and set dropped but the quality was too bad for qualifying

DX
Mephisto update!

1. Kefir-Tribe
2. Atil
3. Skinny
4. AJK
5. Steven Q Urkel
6. Jingizu
I was let out of work early and can do some more runs tonight, whilst watching football. I think I'll have to buy Mrs. Atil a pair of shoes made from gold to atone for this week.

Had good luck yesterday and in an early run today, so have improved my score.
Kaysaar said:
Mephisto update!

1. Kefir-Tribe
2. Atil
3. Skinny
4. AJK
5. Steven Q Urkel
6. Jingizu
:jig:

Seriously. What have you guys been up to? I think I've around 4 hours of gaming since the MFO started. Well, well, catch me if you can! :evil:
I'm coming. Changed character, new map is much more productive. I got 6 new qualifiers, roughly one per 25 minutes.

Tomorrow I'll find that Tyrael's ... ... hope never dies 😁

I decided to do a couple runs during lunch today, very first run I got a score upping qualifier and this:

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xd5c2bea2
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Of course nothing else worth picking up the rest of the time.
0 qualifiers from Baal (10 runs)
10 qualifiers from Tunnels (150 runs), no improve in top 5.

But Baal runs gave me this:
[highlight]Knell Striker[/highlight]
Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 18
Durability: 25 of 50
Required Strength: 25
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xb32e5fc8
+15 to Mana
+71% Enhanced Damage
+35 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
150% Damage to Undead
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

and this:
[highlight]Carrion Wind[/highlight]
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x3a2bcb9a
+125 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
7% Life stolen per hit
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
8% Chance to cast Level 13 Twister on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 10 Poison Nova when struck
Level 21 Poison Creeper (5/15 Charges)

and crappy +3/-4 lightning facet

EDIT: Now jjscud has a nice facet :greedy:
Today unfortunatelly nothing (no new top 5 :undecided: )

But I foud this:

Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: 61 to 167
Durability: 25 of 130
Required Level: 31
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xd796fbfc
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+293% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow

and gabled:

Beast Horn
Tiara
Defense: 50
Durability: 25 of 25
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0x1f421ae
Damage Reduced by 3
Fire Resist +16%
Lightning Resist +16%
Cold Resist +49%
Poison Resist +16%
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk
Level 2 Teleport (25/25 Charges)
Nice tiara :x
Just got this from meph.

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 3
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x235f190e
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
One last update before I'm done for the evening:

1. Kefir-Tribe
2. Atil
3. SkaMan
4. Skinny
5. AJK
6. Steven Q Urkel
7. Jingizu
8. Greenmind
Updates sent for Meph and Baal categories... I thought I'd lay off a bit to lull the other competitors into a false sense of security 😁
I received a few more updates today, their are some nice items being found, the top 5 have stayed the same with hrus still in the lead, but not by much. this is still any ones MFO to win.

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
2. tweety (RRM)(2)
4. jjscud (RRM)(4)
5. hepcat (RRM)(5)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)(8)
7. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(6)
8. jrlafrance (1.11, RRM, RWM)(10)
9. Ron (RRM/1.11b)(7)
Found a few more qualifiers from baal, increased my score a little... And one of baal's mates gave me this:

Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xccd16f58
+13 to Life
+11 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

I'm pretty happy 😁
Today I did 1 1/2 hours of tunnel runs already, one quite high scoring item. The new map I'm running with my blizz sorc instead of the windy I started with is nice, three or four boss/champ packs in the first few places. I can kill these in about 90 seconds including load and save, and usually don't go any further into the area... no full clears. Works fine. I hope to do at least three more hours today.
Nice finds folks. I have to share two non-qualifiers.

Glyph Cowl
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 32 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x98ff7cb7
+55 to Life
+7 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +45%
Cold Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate

Corruption Gorget (gambled)
Amulet
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x44cd0dd
+29 to Strength
Fire Resist +23%
Lightning Resist +15%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate

I also found a high score item recently. Almost doubled my total score. :wink2:
This one was nice

Scintillating Jewel of Carnage
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x73b98f58
+15 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +14

Found another item for my top 5 this morning
I have 2 ancients tunnel ?s
Whats a good clearing time and is meteorb a good runner for it?
Hmm, fifth place at Meph's... Time to go into overdrive!
Meanwhile, let me show you some of my nice non-EU finds:
Code:
Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 454
Chance to Block:  72%
Durability: 41 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x9395bdc1
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+169% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Block Rate

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb14ba9ea
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xb9c75856
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
17% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (2/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (10/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (8/15 Charges)
Which puts my SoJ counter at 3 :shocked: and my HoZ counter at 4. Aren't these things supposed to be rare?

Edit: Naab, I have no trouble running the tunnels with my meteorb. There are no cold immunes IIRC, so frozen orb always works. Other more specialized builds are faster of course, but do not underestimate the efficiency of this dual-element sorc. (see last mini-MFO for instance)
I hate when this happen:

Stone Crest
Dream Spirit
Defense: 270
Durability: 48 of 60
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x3cbe1dce
+1 to Energy
+3 to Life
+69% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +17%
+1 to Hunger (Druid Only)
+1 to Fire Claws (Druid Only)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

But I improved my score a little bit in A85 category, let's see if Baal will be generous today. (EDIT: No, he wasn't)
Upped no of qualifers to 33 today, unfortunately score remains the same. Many (prolly 2-3 out of 30 runs) Legendary Mallets/Thunder Mauls are dropping but not of the right color!:rant:
Good luck to all participants!

Since I'll be out of town starting tomorrow and didn't really have a MF char ready, it seemed wisest to sit this one out. If I wanted to give away my loot, there is a thread for that. 👅

But I started running Meph on Monday for more gear and somehow seem to have gotten a pretty good score. 137.9 probably wouldn't have won, but it isn't too shabby for only a couple hundred runs.

Again, luck to one and all. You can do it! Kill!

-DnT
Update for the LVL 85 areas,

Some ranks have changed, Cormallon has moved into a strong second place bumping tweety to third, but not quite enough to overtake Hrus. a few good items found by any one and we'll have a new leader..

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
2. Cormallon (vanilla 1.11b)(3)
3. tweety (RRM)(2)
4. jjscud (RRM)(4)
5. hepcat (RRM)(5)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)(6)
7. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(7)
8. jrlafrance (1.11, RRM, RWM)(8)
9. Ron (RRM/1.11b)(9)

Nice finds every one, some of the best items that i have seen in previous MFO for this catagory.
Bit of a shakeup in the Meph category, but Kefir still has the lead!

1. Kefir-Tribe (1)
2. Greenmind (8)
3. Atil (2)
4. AJK (5)
5. SkaMan (3)
6. Skinny (4)
7. Steven Q Urkel (6)
8. Jingizu (7)

Last summer's mfo was my first ever to participate in. My goal was simple.........don't score last place!!!!! <insert LoL comment here> Luckily I was able to meet my goal. I decided to keep that same goal for this round of the tourney, and so far I've managed.....but just barely!!!!! Unfortunately, my schedule wont allow for more runs until Saturday afternoon, by which time I fear it may be too late. :sad2: Regardless, I'm still having fun, and I'm already looking forward to the Fall Olympiad.

* kicks Kefir-Tribe in the shins, just for good measure *
Don't talk like that! You never know when a Stormlash, or any other great item will drop! 😃
Such is true. Did 10 Pit Runs at lunch (giving me a grand total of 55---yikes) and changed my luck around a lot there. Think I need more though. About 10 qualifiers or so. Switching gear was the key....took off Spirit Forge and switched to Skullder's and a rare ring (the Spirit Forge was for +strength to allow me to use my Windforce---now use a rare ring instead----killing speed roughly the same, so not sure why I didn't begin with this setup)

Gambled this just now with all my Pit money:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xbee17e20
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +24
+2 to All Skill Levels

First unique I can remember of gambling for in LOD. Not too shabby. 2 gambles later got a Cathan's Sigil. Hoping for an Arcanna's Sign one day....that thing has eluded me forever. Continued good luck all.
today, baal was same-old-same-old and dropped crap :rolleyes:

honestly, at first i was being patient, "baal always drops crap, dont worry about it" but now he's still dropping crap....and im losing patience.

pindle though gave me a couple presents:

woot! now, if i want, i have enough rune wealth to cube a vex...which i probably will do and make that HotO i've always wanted.

the amazing thing about those runes is, i fun pindle FAST with my blizz sorc. i take maybe 1 second to glance over the drops for green/golds and then save & exit. i dont even wait for all his buddies to die most of the time. i dont use RRM so i am amazed i was able to spot those...(although i did think the IST was an ITH at first..)
I know exactly what you mean. I usually exit the game exactly 0.1 seconds after ALT is pressed. At pindle - I don't exit immediatly if I don't see that he dropped two blue/yellow items and examine the floor more carefully, but in Tunnels, I tele away very quickly... I have a suspicion, that Tweety gets more runes because of RRM. (Not that more runes drop, but that I don't spot some of mine.)

And congrats on your runes.
I have found like 2 rare thunder mauls with 180 durability.Does it mean that i didnt have enough mf to have them dropped as uniques?
Btw total 28 gualifiers and i found my best thing tuesday but it had awful roll like usually happens to me.:sad2:
Congrats on those runes...I'm an Ist or a Gul away from a HoTo myself....Pindle has given me a Dol as his best this MFO...I have horrbily rotten luck with the runes.
Total of 27 qualifiers for me, for A5SU. I'll update tomorrow Hrus.

@Naab: thats a great question. Hopefully someone will shed some light on that MF quirk!

@hepcat: same here, highest rune from Pindle this MFO and ever has been Dol.

@shleefin: great runes, wish with the number of runes I've done, I could find some HR's. Congrats! 👍
AFAIK it's not possible in 1.10/1.11 unless you found one of the unique Thunder mauls, then the game tried to give you another one.
Qlvl of Earthsifter is only 77, and monsters able to drop TC87 have all higher level so they are able to drop it.
Bloody forums wouldn't let me in yesterday night.
Did around 9 hours worth of Meph (slight case of food poisoning --> AJK at home behind PC). I'm feeling fine now by the way.
Only scored one (1!) top-5 worthy item, but it bumped me up one notch on the ladder.

It seems that Meph rather gives me j00lry/charms than high-score EU's:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xd12e2303
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +24
+2 to All Skill Levels

and the first two non-crap small charms since the start of the MFO:

Steel Small Charm of Inertia
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xd18e2d29
+32 to Attack Rating
3% Faster Run/Walk

Coral Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x515d085b
Lightning Resist +9%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I'm also amazed at Kefir-Tribe's score. I'm sure he's hiding from us that he MF's 24 hours a day with intravenous caffeine/food administration.

Edit: Forgot my TC3 of the day: Biggin's bonnet.

1. Tracul (1)
2. Gabriel74 (x)
3. hepcat (2)
4. schleefin(3)
5. Naab (4)
6. Skinny (5)
7. jrlafrance (6)
8. San (7)

no updates from Factory, zeomg

New entrance from Gabriel 74! Watch him, Tracul.
Update from Naab put him before schleefin, but then an update from schleefin put him back :azn:

The differences are tight, some players have really high score qualifier, but rest are crappy ones, while another have 5 decent qualifier, but no kicker. Let the battle continue.
So, a bit of a confession (or rather, everyone point and laugh at Gabriel).

This is the first MFO I have participated in since I discovered that doing Pindle higher than players 1 makes no difference. Yes, I know, look at the noob.

Oddly enough, my MF luck has completely switched as I used to own Meph (one MFO I got two Azurewrath's and a Lightsabre for example). Now Meph is giving me nothing, and Pindle is being more kind than he has ever been.

I have to say though, I am sick to death of yellow Caduceus', Scourge's, and Phase Blades.
I feel I need a break soon... did runs every free minute during the day, and there were plenty ... both kids are quite calm and sleep / play by themselves.

I could improve my score a bit more though... nothing spectacular today, but small increases add up, too.
Baal update;

1. SkaMan (2)
2. Nepeta (1)
3. Shleefin (5)
4. Hrus (3)
5. kabal (4)
6. DX (6)
7. zeomg (7)

Oh, I guess everyone's doing this previous ordering thing so. A change up top and Shleefin joins the race.

Come on guys, the scores so far are only a fraction of what I've seen from this category in the past. This is still anyone's win.

As for me, found another facet during lunch yesterday, I guess lunchtime is for facets, it was a 3/3 cold this time. I guess I had to make up for the 5/5 the day before. I also found my most qualifiers/run during lunch yesterday but they were the worst points/qualifier for any set.

Last night I gave in and went snowboarding, oh well, hopefully I'll be well rested for the next four days.

@ Gabriel74 the upper settings do effect his minions drops so its not a complete waste. Also the experience is nice until high levels.
sent an update to hrus,hoping to get past atleast shleefin.

1. Naab (5)
2. Tracul (1)
3. Gabriel74 (2)
4. hepcat (3)
5. schleefin(4)
6. Skinny (6)
7. jrlafrance (7)
8. San (8)

Well, massive attack by Naab, he scored a few nice items since last update. The other should have to work hard to catch him, though it's still nothing impossible.

EDIT: I just received an update from hepcat and I can only say WOW!
1. hepcat (3)
2. Naab (5)
3. Tracul (1)
4. Gabriel74 (2)
5. schleefin(4)
6. Skinny (6)
7. jrlafrance (7)
8. San (8)

And he also wrote something about trying to beat me in A85 category. :scratch:
That means that I am going tunelling...
Hrus, just mailed you my update as well

After 3800 Pindle runs....roughly 78 qualifiers.

Lvl 85 areas 75 runs -10 qualifiers.....update sent.

edit: I was hoping that's a good enough score to win it, but I'm gonna try to improve on that 5th item.....too diffficult now. Last 500 runs, got only 4 qualifier's.

I almost tripled my lvl 85 score today, so watch out Hrus....though tripling it wasn't that difficult considering how low it was to begin with. I'm going to bed now though....good luck all!
is hepcat very far away or theres still some chance to catch him/her?
You'll never catch me......mwuhahaha :jig:

The one thing I have going for me is that my teaching job only requires 14 hours of teaching each week over 3 days, so after my 4 hours tomorrow I will be done and will devote the rest of the weekend to destroying all of you.

All kidding aside, I'm worried I don't have a good enough score. I fear the vultures if I end up 3rd or 4th will steal all my good loot. I have had insanely good luck though----specifically on Tuesday this week. If you beat me, my hats off to you.

It's "him" btw.
I won't say one more word.:evil:

EDIT: And I got something good (appart from one grailer :cloud9: ) myself:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x6e65c04c
+33% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

Bad stats though ...

Ow ow the guys in Act5SU are getting serious are they? 😁
My finds actually are nothing much, can't seem to get pindle to drop em. Trying to get 2nd/3rd placing...
But this find pAwNzorrrr all!!!!
:shocked:
Btw im sorry to say that u have to be happy with 3rd place:thumbsup:
:yikes:
Now if you make a faith, I wil crucify you, I mean it!
Congrats
Cool j00l and r00n. I've just sent an update after playing a lot and being lucky. :cool:
jeez luiz, that is one spectacular find Tracul, you have my envy :wink3:
This MFO is really starting to get on my nerves. I got 0 play time on monday, tuesday and wendsday. Today I managed to sneak in 3 hours, split them between Pindle and Meph and got... nothing. Considering that my scores in both categories are pathetic and I managed to raise them by like 2 points in 7-8 hours of MF-ing is 'rather' dissapointing. It's even more depressing when I see your finds. Congratz to everybody, especially Tracul. AJK- the main reason I signed up for Meph is that I was hoping for a SoJ and a Mara's. I envy you...

Seriously, I'm really ****** off right now
Now the Meph category is starting to get interesting!

1. Kefir-Tribe (1)
2. AJK (4)
3. SkaMan (5)
4. Greenmind (2)
5. Atil (3)
6. Skinny (6)
7. Steven Q Urkel (7)
8. Jingizu (8)
9. Gabriel74 – 22.6 (NR)
Wow, considering my finds of this day, the battle between me and Kefir-Tribe is going to be a fierce one! Prepare yourself KT, I'm coming for you!

TC3s of the day: Death's Hand, Gull

Skinny: I ran NM Andy for a whole week trying to find that SoJ, but she didn't cough up. D2 just knows when we're after specific items. If it's any consolation: I found a SoJ off a random carver outside the Pit, so I guess you'll probably find it in an unexpected place too.
Don't get too cocky just yet, I've made myself comfortable in the baal category so I might just devote the rest of my time to meph... 😁
I received a fewupdates this morning, of which i was at work. Again the rankings have changed again.

Hrus is barley holding on to first place and Hepcat is starting to make a move. He went from 5th to 3rd place. If you don't want to loose you sweet items that you have found you shold be putting in over time to knock the top 3 out of contention. If you are in 2nd or 3rd place just remember that you items are not safe either. At this point i would be worried about loosing a sweet item or 2. Rankings are below. Cryist

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
2. Cormallon (vanilla 1.11b)(2)
3. hepcat (RRM)(5)
4. tweety (RRM)(3)
5. jjscud (RRM)(4)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)(6)
7. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(7)
9. Ron (RRM/1.11b)(9) So far a no show.
A change in the top three warrants an update:

1. Kefir-Tribe (1)
2. AJK (2)
3. Greenmind (4)
4. SkaMan (3)
5. Atil (5)
6. Skinny (6)
7. Steven Q Urkel (7)
8. Jingizu (8)
9. Gabriel74 (NR)
wow this thread is full of

mass orgy of good rune drops

and mara's

:cry:

i'll send my first batch tomorrow
well that was fun. i got bored of running and decided to flex my infant programmer muscles to make a program that totals my score up automatically. works like a charm, im so proud :D

i think it's worth the 2 hours i spent, it already changed my baal score by finding an item that was, in fact, higher scoring than i had at first thought :)

if anyone knows a free program that can create .exe files from .java files, i'd be more than happy to share my little creation.
Hmm, looks like I need more time running the tunnels... who takes the kids while I do that? 😁

Seriously, the last two hours yesterday were rather dry, I hope I'll have some better luck now... just starting my friday runs!
well my first drop today was awsome,raised my total with like 10 points,but it isnt problably enough to catch hepcat.
Grrr. I hate Pindle. He isn't being his nice generous self today. Two hours, and did I find any qualifiers? No. Just a Hel rune, a Duriel's and Griswold's armour, and this..

Arcing Small Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x3f80c15c
+2 to Dexterity
Adds 1-41 lightning damage

And these I got from gambling:

Telling of Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x3d28f851
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +36%
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
+1 to All Skill Levels

Eagle Torc
Amulet
Item Level: 96
Fingerprint: 0xa09d4233
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +40%
4% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate
Eight more qualifiers for me until now. All low end, unfortunately. Wll do more runs later :cool:
Yikes 5th. I hadn't found much worth reporting on tuesday or wendsday, then last night I accidentally hit NM. After a little searching I found another decent map. At about 1:30 in the morning I decided I would run until I found something decent, a few minutes later I found 3 qualifiers in a single run. None scored high points but one was something I was looking for. A couple minutes later a found a decent item and decided that as long as stuff was falling I would keep running. That turned out to be a good choice as I found another decent find. Of course I kept running for a while after that ended up stopping after 3 in the morning and getting less than 3 hours of sleep.

I'm actually pleased with my score, I could finish with this score and not feel bad, though my guess is it won't place me any better than 3rd right now and doesn't stand a chance at top 3 with this group unless I find something better. Now for my last goal of this competition, find a grailer.

I also switched tactics. ATMA says drop chances are better at P5 with 460 MF than P3 at 500 MF so I switched my Chance Guards for Laying of Hands upped my settings and its going OK so far, although both my good finds last night were off uniques (most of the previous ones were not). Hmmm what to do.
My next char, after the MFO, will be a Berserker, as I'm going insane, and not slowly! Whaddayathink; Diadems, Legendary Mallets, wtf, all in the WSK. And upon IDing pure misery, Howling Buggery! This is NOT the way it's supposed to be, grrr! If ever I get elected the superior badd-***, I'll make sure I will get to carry all the godly loot ffs :x

Well, some RL gaming to do now, d2ed a bit to get my mind off things, go figure...
Did about 150 runs last night, with only 2 qualifiers, didn't change my score though. Haven't seen an update from Hrus in a little while...:::wonders where I'm standing:::

Pindle is a jerk
At least you've got someone to pin your frustration on. "A whole bunch of random guys are jerks" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
This is nice

Lion Branded Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xe608f934
+36 to Life
jjscud said:
At least you've got someone to pin your frustration on. "A whole bunch of random guys are jerks" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
That sent me ROFL! Qualifers went up to 46. Ran Pindy all through the night yesterday and still waiting for that big one. Don't think I'm up to hepcat's score but Naab, if you're still running Pindy, RUN HARD! 😁
Some nice finds:

Lion Branded Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdf8e0b7f

Bitter Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x6d7236eb
+10 to Maximum Stamina
+26% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +26%

And managed to gamble:
Storm Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 51
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x88d1efa2
+18 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +48%
Cold Resist +13%
Poison Resist +13%
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels

The Cat's Eye
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x461cea30
+25 to Dexterity
+100 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
20% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Run/Walk

p/s: To anyone having a Ber...........giB Gib gIb Buuuuuurrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Tracul said:
p/s: To anyone having a Ber...........giB Gib gIb Buuuuuurrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!
No it's 'Bear' not 'Bur', see pronounciation thread. I don't have one but I do have an Ith for you, for a Griffon's Eye... Wait, you're RWM, never mind then.

A very kind soul on these forums whose name I shall not disclose (lest he be assaulted by beggars) gave me an Oculus, which nicely boosted my MF capabilities. With my new MF gear I managed to score some more hard-hitting qualifiers. I'll send the update as soon as I'm done for the day, which is not yet.

By the way, I found my first facet yesterday and another one today! A 4/3 and a 4/4 fire facet. Since they're not perfect 5/5's I'll just use them for crafts then.

Score thus far: 113 qualifiers.
Highest rune: Lum.
Total MF time: shudder to think about it.
hrus, why don't you post your email addy again will'ya
Would make a nice Exile shield (assuming I had a Vex and an Ohm---I took my chances with the cube recipe and won)

Kurast Shield
Defense: 373
Chance to Block: 45%
Smite Damage: 10 to 82
Durability: 28 of 28
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 114
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x44018293
All Resistances +43
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 0 used)

Got a Mal and Lem off Pindle today and 2 BK rings---one from Pindle, one from Pits. Nothing else however.

btw: Congrats on the Jah Tracul! Very nice indeed.
I've managed my first few runs since Tuesday. One qualifier and two bits of bling on successive runs, with Mephy playing good seed/bad seed:

Crescent Moon
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x39aocc1e
+45 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced By 10
5 % Life Stolen Per Hit (Good)
15 % Mana Stolen Per Hit (Good)
-2 To Light Radius
10 % Damage Goes To Mana

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xbe38e2a9
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +21 (Very Bad)
+2 to All Skill Levels

My eyes hurt after a 16 hour shift, so I am going to have some medicinal beer before working again all weekend. I will probably not get many more runs in. I hope I can keep 5th place, which I will consider very respectable.

The very best of luck to all of you who are running this final weekend. See you all next week for the results 👋
*sigh* Mephisto has been grumpy lately. I really want this over with now so I can move on to better MF targets. There're only a few more items I want from him (Jalal's, HoZ, Mara's and Highlord's).

To make matters worse my shoulder has started hurting a little. Not that I play a lot more then usual but combined with RL it's been a bit to much. So I'm finished for tonight, early to bed on a Friday. :yikes:

Congrats to the awesome items.
there you go hrus, results posted. nothing extraordinaire so far, 'cuz it's simply far less time available for doin the deeds right. rl takes it's heavy toll i suppose

the funny thing is that i have a grail item in those, funny indeed, i hope it survives the prizes grabbin' at the end
AJK said:
No it's 'Bear' not 'Bur', see pronounciation thread.
Nah, Burr sounds better for me 😁
113 qualifiers AJK???? That's really impressive!
Jah is really a nice drop, but the fact that I don't have any runes btw Gul and Jah is really depressing. Is Fury any good?
Nah, Burr sounds better for me
Jah is really a nice drop, but the fact that I don't have any runes btw Gul and Jah is really depressing. Is Fury any good?
If you use that Jah to make a Fury then I will personally come to your house and kick your shins until they fall off.
Tracul, using that Jah (for which I totally forgot to congratulate you, congratulations!) for any other purpose than socketing it in a cracked cap is a criminal offense.

My MF'ing day is over. Funny how Meph works. He gives me two top-fivers the first 90 minutes and the next 300 minutes he's back to his stingy undead self.

Nice charms of the day:
Fine Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xd93f1d57
+32 to Life
+34 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm of Storms
Fingerprint: 0xeb8525bd
+20 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-23 lightning damage

TC3 of the day: Arctic Furs

Random yellow jewel of the day:
Doom Scarab
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xccbe1968
+26% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Maximum Damage
+40 Defense
+20 poison damage over 2 seconds

Kaysaar, you will get my score update now.
Tracul said:
Nah, Burr sounds better for me 😁
Nah, fury is not that good. You have to wait for another two to drop (and a sur, mal and ber) so you can make a decent Last wish :hide:

* runs *

By the way, nice going you guys here. Too bad I couldn't join, if I joined here I wouldn't even come to work :shocked:
After a few day in the lead Kefir has been dethroned:

1. AJK (2)
2. Kefir-Tribe (1)
3. Greenmind (4)
4. SkaMan (3)
5. Atil (3)
6. Skinny (6)
7. Steven Q Urkel (7)
8. Jingizu (8)
9. Gabriel74 (9)
What's dah use of HR's if one can't make anything out of it??!!!??? Damn Jah, should neva have dropped :rant: A Stormlash could've been better.

Btw:
Best 'Drop' of the Day

Yeap, its not your eyes, its the Invisible Stormlash!!😁 Only D2 players who still have some sanity left in their wasting brains can see it...

On a more serious note, Pindy REALLY didn't drop anything...Not even a white/gray/magic. How is that even possible?

EDIT: Nice going AJK!
Tracul said:
Ow ow the guys in Act5SU are getting serious are they? 😁
My finds actually are nothing much, can't seem to get pindle to drop em. Trying to get 2nd/3rd placing...
But this find pAwNzorrrr all!!!!
First salvo finds a Jah during last summer's mfo, and now Tracul finds one of his own during this competition. These darn mfo's are rigged I tell you, rigged.

* casually starts an informal Witch Hunt *

Meanwhile, I managed to squeeze in a few runs on Thursday morning. I found a few qualifiers 😁 , but none of them are high enough to make my top five. :sad2: I don't think I'll be climbing out of 7th place any time soon.
Just got home from work and checked to see if there was any new e-mails. A few changes have taken place. No new up dates from #1 or #2 ranked people, but jjscud and tweety posted some good items that knocked hepcat out of third. But scores between the top 5 are real close. Still annyone's MFO to win.

If you are playing more than one catagory and are not #1 be prepaired to loose a good item and i know what you have to loose. Right now is the time to see who is the best, your finger may ache and you are proabble seeing double by now and about ready to quit because the drop streek has stopped, and this is where you seperate the best from the elite. Ranking is below... Cryist

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
3. jjscud (RRM)(5)
4. tweety (RRM)(4)
5. hepcat (RRM)(3)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)(6)
7. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(7)
Tracul said:
On a more serious note, Pindy REALLY didn't drop anything...Not even a white/gray/magic. How is that even possible?
Part of his TC is "Good TC" - that means he can drop jewelry, charms, runes and gems.
(He doesn't drop from "Junk TC" - potions, scrolls, arrows, but gems are "Good", so they are part of his normal drop)
Both his two item picks are independant so it's really possible to get 2 gems from him.

cryist said:
But scores between the top 5 are real close
Going to hunt those plague bearers / invaders / Horror Mages / Embalmeds.

EDIT:
A5 superuniques standings UPDATE:

1. hepcat (1)
2. Naab (2)
3. Tracul (3)
4. Gabriel74 (4)
5. Factory(x)
6. jrlafrance (7)
7. schleefin (5)
8. Skinny (6)
9. San (8)

Most of you improved your score, but the standings didn't change. For a while, Gabriel74 was on the 3rd, but then Tracul made it back. And factory send his results.

ok im so exited,This is unbelevble,it even pwnzorz traculs find.

*drum roll*

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zodrune6yt.jpg
That sure is 1337
Aha! Very very nice pair of 'zods' 😁
Dang, looks like i really need some good luck to beat Naab/hepcat. The Battle is On!!!!
hallelujah.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x419351f8
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +26
+2 to All Skill Levels
Oh, crap. I think I'm screwed. I strongly suspect that I should stay away from the computer to avoid permanent damage.
Hey, Salvo. Did you change your mind regarding that circlet? It's yours for free if you want it.
My curse is back :cry:

I did 180 runs since yesterday morning. In the first half of these, I got 8 qualifiers. In the second half, not a single one :sad2:

D2, hear my complaints!
yeah, well im almost completely burnt out. i dont think i can do anymore runs :( and i've been neglecting to play ES 4: Oblivion lately so i think im gonna call it quits. i've been extraordinarily lucky in this MFO...it's just not reflected in my score. still, im more than content with an IST, GUL, and a mara's :D

and one VERY nice pindle qualifier, which will greatly please whoever finishes 1st :)

@ Hrus: you asked how i liked Oblivion earlier, some thoughts:

- you need a beast of a system, otherwise you may not enjoy it
- it has some major technical issues as it stands now. it needs serious patching. if you do get it, wait a month or two to actually buy it to let a couple patches to get released and for the mod community to start cranking out some decent mods. the game right now is very buggy, i think they forgot to beta test....either that or we are the beta test.
- otherwise i really like the game. ive been a bit frustrated with bugs, but the actual content is great and the graphics are as lifelike as i've ever seen. if you like immersion in a game, this is definately one that can "immerse" you :)
Heh. I'll go send in my first update in an hour or so. =P

Anyway, just out of curiosity... I did Baal runs in both 1.10s and 1.11b this week... should I just include my finds from 1.11b, or both?
Burned out as well. I think I've played more D2 this week than ever before at one time. Even if I place in top 3 or something, I still feel like a loser for not doing anything else this week.

Improved my lvl 85 score a little, but not enough to move up probably. At least I improved 2 of my lesser scorers, so it won't look so lame now.

Will give it another go, but I lost my productive Pindle map Thursday by accidentallly clicking NM. This map is very dry.

Did find this sweet j00l in the Pits:

Scintillating Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x28a23f17
All Resistances +15
I'm curious, people keep talking about productive maps. Is this another fine example of MF superstition, or is there any evidence in the game code that your map seed also governs item drops?

The logical thing to do for D2 (yes, contradiction) is to pick the current computer time in milliseconds for the item generation seed. That's common practice among game coders, I believe.

But, if the map seed is coupled to item finds, then I'm going to tattoo my current seed on my chest!

Meph tidbit: just found 2 Vidala's Snares in one drop! Weird...

Edit: hepcat, your j00l r00ls!
No evidence, on the contrary. But: every map has its lucky streaks as well as dry periods. You can try changing maps until you hit one with a lucky streak... or at least avoid these dry periods.
Superstition, the sample sizes of conducted experiments (ie: running bosses) have a no-where even near sample size.
Darkwell did 20K pindle runs, but he didn't do the math, again, just gut feelings.
I would include both in your scores.

And here are the baal standings

1. SkaMan (1)
2. Nepeta (2)
3. Shleefin (3)
4. Hrus (4)
5. kabal (5)
6. zeomg (7)
7. DX (6)

Ok, guys. this will probably be the last update and let me say, this race is still wide open. At this point all it will take is one good find to win. If your having fun battling it out in another race or playing around in the moor, enjoy. If you want to win the baal category it shouldn't be too hard.

Personally, I found another decent qualifier last night to move my points up a little but not much. Still no grailer.
I found a grailer last saturday and today I found it again.

Also found a new top item, hope it will push me up a little.
Well, elites are still scarce for me, but :

Shadow Gyre
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5d9d4714
+10 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +27%
A5 superuniques standings UPDATE:

1. hepcat (1)
2. Naab (2)
3. Tracul (3)
4. Gabriel74 (4)
5. omgwtfbbqpwned (x)
6. schleefin (7)
7. Factory(5)
8. jrlafrance (6)
9. Skinny (8)
10. San (9)

Probably last update. Hepcat is still in comfort lead, but from 2 to 8 the differences are quite small. Most of you got some really nice items. Good show guys, now try to beat hepcat or he will claim your goodies!

On the side note - I did only 2 Baal runs today. Focused more on lvl 85 category, where I managed to improve my score little bit.
Another failed TC87 unique today for me (Scissors suwayah) :scratch:
Also Nature's peace and Seraph's Hymn.
I'm done for the day. Mephisto is back to his old behavior.
Haven't found a single find for my top five today, so my score remains unchanged. This was expected to happen, since my score is rather impressive already. 😁

Jools of the day:
Sapphire Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x6808b4fb
Cold Resist +25%

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xc7591341
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+3% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

Day 8 ends without a score increase for me. A lot of blue legendary mallets, a blue caduceus and even a yellow scourge near the end of my session. All this misery is made up by this:

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x50ce049e
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Well, tomorrow is another day, perhaps with just one more high end drop :undecided:
How could it be, that this thread dropped to 2nd page?
BUMP!

Things are getting hot in top 3 of lvl 85 category. I received updates from Naab and Tracul - no moves, but few nice items. And hepcat's lead is not so comfortable now.
Nice finds guys, you need one more kicker and you are there!
Hah! Now is the time guys! Pindy, here i come with renewed vigor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today, I rock! So far 3 nice items including one grailer. And a cold skiller! Now I have to decide what charms to remove...
EDIT: OK, the decision was easy... My MF is lowered by 20 MF. I just need those resist charms.
I've found another top 5. This will be interesting. Considering the limited amount of high score items there's even a fair chance that I and AJK ends up with exactly the same score.

On a side note, there were well over 1000 runs before I found my first little-dagger-appreciated-by-men-of-sorcery. Now there seems to be one under every rock just like it ought to be. Odd.
It's a rather elusive little dagger, I never even found 1 myself :)
If you are talking about... The 100 mf dagger. The Gull Dagger!, then i agree.
Im a level 90 Sorc who has ran hell meph like... 300-500 times perhaps now, maybe even more, but i haven't found it :S
Ardo said:
If you are talking about... The 100 mf dagger. The Gull Dagger!, then i agree.
Im a level 90 Sorc who has ran hell meph like... 300-500 times perhaps now, maybe even more, but i haven't found it :S
Hell Meph isn't exactly the right target for a Gull (or any TC3). Try normal Rakanishu or Coldcrow for that.
Hrus said:
Today, I rock! So far 3 nice items including one grailer.
Ah, there is where my items are going to !
Hey, Kefir is talking about Wizardspike
And I continue to rock! MAL rune!
Oooh, Wizardspike? I have plenty of those tho. :p
Yeah s'right. Since it's a qualifier and the rules says "Thou Shalt not post your finds" I figured I'd be a little sneaky.
Damn 2 mid scorers today,but no "kicker".I doubt ill find one,but ill still try.
Don't count those grailers yet.....I'm gonna sneak into the lead and nab them all. Ok, doubtful, but I'm trying.

To all you Pindle runners, no need to catch me if you're RWM. Your items are safe, hint, hint. Settle for second or third. There's no shame in that. Had some really good drops today, but no improvement in my score. Back to it.
Let's just delete all items from RWM players, shall we :p
I haven't posted in a day or so because there have been no changes, even as of now the only update i have is from Hrus in the last 2 days. If i was Hrus i know what items i would pick from every player, because at this point the LVL 85 areas is good as his. The scores are still close but with no up dates you other players you mite as well send your good items to him. Remember you have untill 11:59 tonight(west cost time) to get some more uns done. Cryist

Rankings are below.

--------------
Level 85 Areas
--------------
1. Hrus (vanilla)(1)
3. jjscud (RRM)(5)
4. tweety (RRM)(4)
5. hepcat (RRM)(3)
6. DX (RWM, RRM)(6)
7. Salvo (RWM/RRM)(7)
Better start counting on the #2 in the 85s area... Hrus is self found, and the only vanilla player in his poule, so... ^^
hepcat said:
To all you Pindle runners, no need to catch me if you're RWM. Your items are safe, hint, hint. Settle for second or third. There's no shame in that. Had some really good drops today, but no improvement in my score. Back to it.
Phew!.......Score improved a little 😁 Not letting you guys go easily w/o a fight! Some really nice drops too, but scores are just too little. I've checked the score list a few times, some TC87's score less than non-TC87's.
@jjscud: I know we are using a different scoring list, just wanted to know how different is it compared to previous ones....

Oh yah, this dropped today:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xd61d0781
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

64 qualifiers up to now.

p/s: nepeta, Mod-users are like type AB blood type (universal receiver), Vanilla users are like type O blood type (universal donor). Too bad my friend, but in these situations, you guys can only give not take 😁
Running Mephisto like there's no tomorrow do pay off.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0xa456f34c
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +28
+2 to All Skill Levels

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 491
Durability: 29 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Fingerprint: 0xe5ebd208
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+191% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Block Rate

😃
Ok everyone, good luck finishing this up.

Please send your scores to your supervisor as soon as you can once your done. It looks like we've had good participation so I'm hoping we can the results up sometime tomorrow.

Here's what your email should look like (hopefully not these exact items):

Forum name: jjscud

Natalya's Shadow 1.7
Dark Adherent 1.6
Laying of Hands 1.4
Dragoon's Teaching 1.3
Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1

Total Points 7

ATMA Readouts for top 5

Good luck all, unless your time is already up then ha, ha, I've still got 13+ hours left.:jig:

Tracul said:
@jjscud: I know we are using a different scoring list, just wanted to know how different is it compared to previous ones....
The scoring sheets are identical to previous MFOs except that Spired Helms, Mighty Scepters, and Thunder Mauls have the points as listed in ATMA, double that of what we've used in the past couple MFOs.

It's 12:30 a.m. Monday morn in China and hallelujah, my MFO is over!

Never could improve my Pindle score....have had the same score since about Tuesday/Wednesday. Was leaving crappy, untradeable qualifiers where they fell, but still have over 100 in stash. I'm done with Pindle for a long time. Total runs = 6572 (I want my life back).

Lvl 85 was disappointing. One great item, the rest pretty much useless.
Difficult to split time.

I got a stashload of PGems now I can do some rerolling with. Never got a facet though, which I was kind of hoping for. Had fun, but ready for a break.

Will post lists when all have finished. Good luck all, but not too much good luck.

Wow, this is the tournament for Mara's! ^^^

EDIT: I emailed supervisors my final score , but forgot ATMA readouts...will resend in a minute.

EDIT: Scores sent w/ ATMA readouts
Thanks for reminding me of that jjsucd, please as your MFo day ends or the next day send me your top 5 with score and ATMA print out( only for verification).. My next post will be when i have every ones top 5 and ATMA print outs. Cryist
Also all other uniques, where there are two items for one base type, are both slightly more valued. (scourge, phase blade, legendary mallet, sacred armor)
Here's the last Meph update before the final:

1. AJK
2. Kefir-Tribe
3. Greenmind
4. SkaMan
5. Atil
6. Jingizu
7. Skinny
8. Steven Q Urkel
9. Gabriel74
Had a family reunion today. We played a game called 'klootschieten' which bored all of us to tears. I still got 4,75 hours left in my time zone to relieve my pent up agression on poor Meph.
I wonder if it is even possible to find something top-five worthy in such a short amount of time, but I will try as hard as possible.

By the way, this MFO seems to have been very productive jewelry-wise.
I'm so curious about everyone's EU finds, but we will find out soon...
I finished work mid-afternoon and am trying to cram in as many runs as I can before the end. Mephy has been in very good mood giving me one new top 5 entry (hopefully consolidated 5th spot) and these little trinkets:

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Item Version: 1.10
Fingerprint: 0x3dc19178
Adds 1-74 Lightning Damage
100% Chance To Cast Level 41 Nova When You Level Up
+4 % To Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 432
Smite Damsage: 20-28
Durability: 50 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Fingerprint: 0x64021e0
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+156 % Enhanced Defense
+30 % Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
30 % Faster Block Rate
20 % Bonus to Attack Rating

(Not as good as Kefir's)

Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 100-275
One-Hand Damage: 100-195
Quantity: 87
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 109
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa87db79e
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+179 % Enhanced Damage
+25 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
5 % Life Stolen Per Hit
30 % Faster Run/Walk
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenishes Quantity
Increased Stack Size
Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired)
Everyone has a HoZ :cry: Down to about 35 items or so for the self-found grail and HoZ is still one of them.....that stupid shield never falls for me.
Finally, I have found one nice (OK, not so much) qualifier.

Also second HoZ, 20/235 Ravenfrost and two perfect res Skins. That made me happy, I think I will try some runs more, lets say 1-2 hours, but I am going to defeat luck, not probability. :cool:
I also have 13+ hours, but I probably really only have about 5-6 hours tonight. Hopefully I'll improve my score a bit more. I've found a lot of grailers, but doesn't appear to have made a dent in the rankings. :sad2:
Well, that's it finished for me. I am spending the rest of tonight chilling with my wife, who has been very understanding with my work schedule and spending what little time remained playing with Mephisto.

This was my first MFO, but not my last. Sigon the Concentrate Barbarian has done excellent work, but is not a dedicated high level MF runner. I played on P1 and took just over two minutes per run. Work will start soon on a new Barbarian MF character. (I know Sorcs are better, but Barbarians are what I know and I'm a stubborn SOB).

Personal best finds were Gore Rider, the (universal) Mara's, Seraph's and lots of Normal/Exceptional/Elite items for Art Exhibition 2 prizes.

It's been a blast. Thanks to everyone for competing/posting. Special thanks to jjscud and Kaysaar.
Found a Deathcleaver today

Death Cleaver
Crystal Sword
One-Hand Damage: 27 to **
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 33
Required Level: 48
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xb9088deb
+294% Enhanced Damage
+116 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
I am completely dried up. I sent the final results to cryist and jjscud. I will recover from this MFO next few days... jjscud, please no mini MFO next week! :hang:

(I even listen to last album from Madonna - repeatedly 💫 )

Good night!
Although I've still got half an hour, I sent my score table to jjscud, so I'm done. Looking forward to the results.

GG and good night everybody!

xxx

nep
I quit, 136 qualifiers, but no really high pointers. Lets see what place it will bring me.
It's over for me. A small improvement near the end, but nothing spectacular today. All the good items went to somebody else I guess.

Thanks go to jjscud for organizing the whole thing and to cryist for supervising the level85 areas.

After all, I'm quite pleased with my finds, lots of grailies... even when I have to part from some.
Past 12'o clock for me.
Didn't find a single top five replacement during the last 4.8 hours of play, but Meph decided to pull a dirty prank on me by dropping this:

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 756
Durability: 26 of 26
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 79
Fingerprint: 0x83acdbae
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+199% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Block Rate

Score sent, and now I'm taking my meteorb to Gheed's Vegas, as promised.
Total number of qualifiers: 149.

Last but certainly not least, thanks @ jjscud for the organization and thanks @ Kaysaar for the supervision! 👍

Edit: Quick estimation of number of Meph runs (from XP gain): around 2200-2400 (ouch, my wrist!).
Average run time, including popping Meph's toy box @ /P1: 45-48 secs.
Ah...finally I can rest....
Total qualifiers 69 items including 6 IK mauls and 6 Dangoon's Teaching 😁 I pick everything up!
All in all it was a great week, tho I regretted not putting more time into this during the weekdays. 14 grailers for me, hopefully all won't be lost. Prolly ran close to 2.5k runs.
I am praying that I will still maintain 3rd placing, those below me are really quiet :scratch: Plus I have some nice items up for grabs!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly, thanks to jjscud the Organizer and Hrus the Act5SU supervisor for doing this great MFO and helping me with my (dumb?) questions. You guys rock!
final results shipped out. the new stats are a bit more decent but still far away to anything important i suppose.

got to be pleased with the outcome afterall, cuz it's one grailer standing out there from the lot. gg to the winners and to jjscud for putting this thing up.

@AJK: Care to trade that HoZ to me? :p Mine is like 10 durability from breaking. ><
It is over. Thanks for hosting. Some interesting facts…

Number of runs (approximated based on experience gained): 1400 (almost all @ p3)

Time/run: No idea. I guess around 90 seconds since I ID all rare weapons and reroll the map after each time I mule.

Total MF (in the end): 398%

Number of qualifiers (note that all but 2 IK-mauls were thrown away, as well as 1 needle): 134

Qualifiers found: ~77%

Top five most found:
1. Laying of Hands (10)
2. Dangoon's Teaching (8)
3. Dark Adherent/Demon Limb (7) <-- Two eth Limbs!!
4. Djinn Slayer/Natalya’s Shadow/Wizardspike (6)
5. Ormus' Robes/ The Reaper's Toll (5)

Final results sent.
Been away for the weekend so I haven't had a lot of time to run, but I've improved my scores in both categories. Probably won't be enough to catch up much in the Meph category, but I reckon I've retained my lead in the Baals 😁

Final results sent, good luck everyone!
well i have 2.5 hours left and i finished all my work so i guess i'll give baal one more try and see what happens.
Just sent off my final results. Got lots of grailers from meph but didnt get as many high scoring items as I would have liked. Thanks to jjscud and kaysaar.
Well, my MFO ended three hours ago, but I had calc + physics to do, so I didn't send it my final score yet. Managed to squeeze one more qualifier out of Baal, but it didn't help much. Haha.

Anyway, I am dead tired now, and I signed off MSN already, so I'll be mailing in my package in the morning, if I manage to wake up.

Thanks for the awesome olympics. :D
My MFO is done, and frankly, I'm disappointed. The last 3.5 hours, all I did was Pindle runs, and I think I only got 3-4 qualifiers. :rant:

Overall, 50 qualifiers. I found lots of grail items. If there is to be a "Meet the Champions" thread, I'll post more interesting things in there.

I have to get up in a couple of hours, so I won't be able to send in my results till tomorrow, late afternoon.

Even though I didn't find as many items as I thought I should have, I had fun. I might continue doing this solely for more grailers! Thanks for the Olympics jjscud, and Hrus for overseeing A5SU. Sorry Cryist, the one update you got from me is my last. I decided to focus on A5SU solely.
Well its over. I wish I would have developed the frantic pace I had at the end earlier on but oh well (95% full pit runs in 2.5 minutes, I didn't bother with the occasional stragler). I certainly didn't do nearly as good as I had hoped but still wasn't bad.

I've just sent in my update and I see most of my group already has their scores in.

Supervisors, two last things. within about twelve hours (20:00 GMT) could you please PM anyone that hasn't sent in scores. I'm personally not a big fan of hounding people but I really don't like leaving all the others who worked hard and got their results in quickly waiting on a few.

Once you have all the scores place send the final results to me, I don't need the ATMA's, I'll leave it to you to make sure everything is in order there as I'm sure it will be.

Thanks to Cryist, Kaysaar and Hrus for helping and to my fellow lvl 85 competitors, sounds like we had quite a barn burner.
What? Back on page 2 again! I'm pretty excited to see how this ended. I'm also interested of the folks in the other categories. How many runs? How fast? How much MF? How did it pay off?
Kefir-Tribe said:
What? Back on page 2 again! I'm pretty excited to see how this ended. I'm also interested of the folks in the other categories. How many runs? How fast? How much MF? How did it pay off?
Good idea, we can do some statistic approach then.

Me:
Baal ~40 Baal runs, 19 qualifiers, ~6 mins per run (killing bosspacks in my way and P8 minions), ~250 MF

85 areas ~ 2480 Ancient Tunnels runs, 150 qualifiers, ~1 min,10 secs per run, ~500 MF
killing around 5 bosspacks per run - so it is equal to 6200 pindle runs.
Kefir-Tribe said:
Page 2? Heresy! The MFO is too interesting to let it slip into the abyss.

Here's some statisics for me:
Number of Meph runs: 2200-2400 (guesstimated from XP gain)
Ran him on /P3 to level from 89 to 90, avg time: 48-55 secs.
Ran him on /P1 after I obtained an oculus, gained around 1/6th of a lvl91-92 bar. Died twice to Evil Aura council demons.
Avg. P1 time: 45-48 secs.

Final MF%: around 450% (already far up diminishing returns creek without a paddle), thanks to Rhyme, PTopazed Tal's Guardianship, PTopazed Shako and Occy. And a 40% Gheeds + handful of MF SCs.
I chose to wear Aldur's Advance over War Traveler for boots, because: 40% FRW helps a lot to get to Ormus/WP faster, and res. fire for Meph's Blood Lord Gang.
I also chose Magefists over Chance Guards for the added FCR and +1 to firepower.

Merc Kit, oriented towards surviving the Big Floater:
Shaftstop
Rockstopper with 30+ resists
Kelpie snare (forgot who mentioned it, great tip!)

Total # of qualifiers I bothered to pick up (I'm lazy): 149.
EU frequency top 4:
1 - Wizardspike (10)
2 - Gimmershred (8)
3 - Jade Talon | Kira's Guardian (7)
4 - Flame Bellow | Marrowwalk | Razor's Edge (6) (took a while before I figured out that Ethereal is the only flavor they come in...)

Edit: Found all top-fivers with the /P1 setting. The ~1100 /P3 runs didn't produce any.
Also, I insisted on hitting the 63% FCR breakpoint for fast tele and the following nice Meph song called "Die Meph, Die!":
*sings Forb-Static-(x8)-Meteor-FB-FB-(x4)-Forb-FB-(x3)*
AJK, you didn't pick up those IK mauls?:duh:
How we can compare the results now? :rant:
Congratulations to all that participated in this MFO. I ended up reading throughout the whole thread this weekend.........very interesting. Made me wish I had my Meteorber up and running. You people sure are making an impact on me because while I was on my new computer on b.net, I was loathing to get on my old comp and play SP:thumbsup: . Good to have a positive influence somewhere I guess. Well back on topic. Will there be listings of each player's top 5 from each area? I really wanted to see what these people found. I was so disappointed when I found out they couldn't post the EU's they found. Congrats to all again! Maybe I'll be participating in one of these in the not TOO distant future.

Alex
My proceedings:

Level 95-96 blizzard sorc, 5K blizz damage, 413 MF, almost maxed resists, 365 runs, 7min/run: included 4-8 boss packs in the WSK. Found most: Reaper's Toll. Due to the killing of WSK-packs, also find some EUs non-qualifyable... Looking at my non-qualifying loot, the MFO paid off rather well. Baalwise... non. But we'll see, Fortuna is a harsh mistress, perhaps even worse so for the other competitors.

One thing I'm pretty proud of: I only wasted 4 dur on my eth 49% WTs during the second half of the runs ^^ (45 dur to go, might last me another 3 MFOs :p)
Lemme see...
Estimated Pindle Runs: 2.5k
Runs per hour: 100
Hours spent: 25
Qualifiers: 69 😉 Elite S/U's
TC87's: 3
Sorc leveled from 91 to 93, ran him at p1 with MF ~ 600
I did about 2500 Ancient Tunnel runs, little over a minute per run, very similar to Hrus. Leveled my blizzard sorc from 94.2 to 95.3 with quite a few deaths.

So when do we post results, or do we wait for the end results?
Interesting. AJK, where do you get the last 13%FCR from? Occy + Magefist = 50%. I currently use Occy + Trang-Oul's Claws but can't figure out a good way to get the last 13.

Hrus, 1 min. 10 sec. :shocked: How? Do you just kill the boss packs and pop the golden chest or do you clear it?
nichols said:
Will there be listings of each player's top 5 from each area?
Yes. By the host I presume.
Kefir-Tribe said:
Interesting. AJK, where do you get the last 13%FCR from? Occy + Magefist = 50%. I currently use Occy + Trang-Oul's Claws but can't figure out a good way to get the last 13.

Hrus, 1 min. 10 sec. :shocked: How? Do you just kill the boss packs and pop the golden chest or do you clear it?
-Probably by having Tals ammy and belt.

-Yes. boss packs and chest. (2 qualifiers from my total 150 were from the chest)
Hrus said:
-Probably by having Tals ammy and belt.
Ah, I see. I need to get myself a Tals armor.
-Yes. boss packs and chest. (2 qualifiers from my total 150 were from the chest)/quote]
I do it in more like 4 minutes, full clears on p3. Is that a bad idea? Does your average time include visits to vendors and stash?

How about you tweety?
Kefir-Tribe said:
I do it in more like 4 minutes, full clears on p3. Is that a bad idea? Does your average time include visits to vendors and stash?
Yes, visits to vendors are included, but I try to minimize those trips. (I don't pick up much items)
Since "boss drops" are weighted much more and regular monsters can't drop Tyrael's and other goodies, I don't see a reason why to kill them. Only killing bosses and champions and teleporting to other "hot spot" on a map.

I can guess Tweety's tactic is the same.

(Hmmm, on a side note - my post count in this thread is hmmm - quite high)

Pits: 90 or so runs...didn't count really. 13 qualifiers, 1 good (but got close to the worst roll on it possible). 3 1/2-4 mintues a run for lvl 90 Strafeazon. Pretty quick w/ her Windy, but had the wrong gear setup for half the runs. Not too proud of my results here.

Pindle 6572 runs give or take a few. Blizzsorc. Avg time: 23-24s, unless CI. Went from lvl 91-94. Quite a few "teleport one too many times" deaths. One double death, save and exit. P/3 w/ 632 MF. Qualifiers between 140-150, but only picked up 105 or so. All my top scorers were within the first 2500 runs. From run #3500 to about 5800, no TC87's. No TC87's in my top 5---found that odd. Very happy w/ results. Probably about 15 grailers all told. Will post my best finds when the time comes.

Thanks again to all the supervisors and jjscud for organizing. I think it would be cool to have a quarterly contest like this, and then at the end of the year a "winner takes all" MFO with the winners of each category from the quarterly contests. A sweet sixteen of sorts. Decide one category for all the participants....winner gets all the loot. Just a thought.
I have done X Mephruns (from lvl 90 to lvl 91), mainly on players 5, my meteorb is wearing full Tal Rasha's set (2x PTopaz), 40% Chancies, 33% Gheeds, 30% Nagelring and 10-15 small charms with mf. With switch (Gull + Rhyme) I have 500+ MF.
I have identified a lot of rare items, so I run lasted 1,5 min.

100+ qualifiers found, but not the desired ones 👅
Statistics?

Uh, mine are bad...

Running tunnels first with my windy (lvl 89) and then with my blizz sorc (lvl 91/92), about 1000 runs (no full clears, got a map where 3-4 boss packs spawn in the first three larger places and abortzed after killing these). Run took about 90 secs.

Now the bad part: I got only about 40 elites. Drops were very irregular... sometimes there were 8 in 100 runs, sometimes there were none at all. Thank god some of these few drops were from the upper half of the list.

I seriously have to investigate what is going on with my drop frequency.

Some nice normal / exceptional grailies, and a SoJ.
They're heavy! My Meteorb is already resembling canned sorc, so carrying more heavy stuff would kill her.
By the way, I think my #of IK mauls is about 8-10, just didn't pick more than one up. Filthy low-pointers...

@Kefir-Tribe: It has already been answered: I wear Tal's Plate + Belt + Ammy for 20% FCR. I really like this hybrid Tal's approach. Not wearing full Tal's does impede killing speed (-fire resist OWNS Meph), but the +skills/MF from Occy/Shako is too good to ignore.
Also, the 48 sec average includes visits to Ormus/Stash. I only pick up grailers and nice items, so I don't have to visit my stash often. I also only pick up rare wands/other 2socket items for gambling funds. And rings/ammies of course.

By the way, this MephMFO really helped me fill out my (self found) grail holes. Too bad that the bulk of my time will be consumed by the hunt for Tyrael's Might/Sander's Cap. But that's for another MFO.

Edit: Cormallon, statistics is a word D2 doesn't know. D2 only knows chaos. My entire top 5 fell over the course of only two days. The other days just served to kill my fingers...
Oh im so happy that its all over now,got so tired off pindle.Did about 2000 runs on p1(meteorb got from lvl 87-91),51 gualifiers,8 grailers,7 tc87.
All the stuff i got is here
reresdfds
link removed,tho imo the mfo is over so it doesnt matter much.
Just sent in my final results for Baal. Runs were done with my Enigmadin, wearing 227 MF. At first I tried doing everything at p1 to get the most items per time and got the average time per run down to the 2:45 mark, but that got really boring. I bumped it up to my usual p8 minions/p3 baal which meant the runs took longer (a bit under 4 minutes on average) but gave more exp for my 99 project. Even then, I didn't feel the motivation to play a whole lot and wound up with just 17 qualifiers in ~6 hours of total play time.
Okay.

I don't think you're supposed to reveal that yet.

An other question. My sorc can’t enter the portal to Pindle with telekinesis. Can you?
Mine can't either, it must just be tps that you can use with telekenisis. You can also hit the waypoint with it if you didn't know already 😁
??? Never heard of that. Just tried it, it doesn't work for me...
ooOOoo :shocked:
Yes but it's odd. You can use your own TPs, waypoints, some door openings and Pindle’s portal from the Temple to town. I don't really see the pattern.
Nice score Naab. But is it enough? We wil see......
Yeah lets try and hold off just a little bit longer.

Statistics from me, yuck. I hate counting runs so I didn't. I did level my hybrid zon from 86 to 92. so yeah, I killed a thing or two. Most was done wearing about 450% MF. I went through about 4 different maps, some changes on accident some on purpose. My worst statistic was Zero grail items. I'm really dissapointed about that.

Oh well, a bit dissapointed but I've been inspired to start a new quest. And yes, we'll take a bit of a break before a mini-MFO.

@nepeta: If the language is not appropriate for the boards here please don't use it in emails for forum stuff either.
*Wholeheartedly agrees. Tension mounts*

I just compiled a Flavie report of my Meph runs. Deamn! I wonder how many people will pin me to a burning stake for haxx when I reveal it...
Maybe I'd better keep it to myself. My top five alone will warrant a burning crusade towards my house.
5x Stormlash? :wink2:
If AJK really got 5x Stormlash, I'm not just gonna crucify him...I'm gonna &*@@#&$*&@#:censored:##$*@#&#*& him!!!!!!!! I know he's not in my category, I just hate his pure luck!!!
@AJK: Gib HoZ/SoJ!

And congratz on the l33t non-EU finds guys!
Maybe 6x... Unfortunatelly, there is only top 5, not top 6...:rolleyes:

@Tracul: I will help you, we will find out where he lives and then steal his stashes with Stormlashes and WFs :laugh:
Sent in my results.

Spent ~5 hours per day on Pindleskin, ~1 hour per day on Baal. One the last day, I spent absolutely zero time on Pindleskin, and around ~5 hours on Baal... for one qualifier.

Meteorb's EXP inched about one or two millimetres (damn Undead Dolls *shakes fist*).

Got lucky with Pindleskin with the number of runs I did, but couldn't replicate it with Baal. :(

Also, just to join the club:

Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xdfcdef9e
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +21
+2 to All Skill Levels

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 441
Chance to Block:  72%
Durability: 42 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x9d194feb
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+161% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Block Rate
Burning crusade... I don't know about that. Maybe a diminutive lynch mob :wink3:
Don't forget the SoJ's Jingizu, I want the SoJ's! 😁
I remember the first time AJK joined this forum, he posted in Atil's Art tourney. From 0/0 HoZ/SoJ to 4/5 (?) in a few months :rant: hAxXxOr!
Anyway, sorry for the OT...just wanna release the tension. Where's da love jjscud where's da love????

I don't know about "da love" but I've got baal scores. I plan to post a full results thread with all the results and where we can take care of the prize pickings but if some categories hustle, as Baal has, I'll post what I have in here tonight (my time).
Ha, Maras, HoZ ... who needs that.

have a look at my circlet collection:

Doom Circlet
Circlet
Defense: 24
Durability: 26 of 35
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3a66efd3
3% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
26% Damage to Demons
+** to Attack Rating against Demons

Grim Shell
Circlet
Durability: 29 of 35
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x926bd046
+31 to Life
Fire Resist +12%
Lightning Resist +12%
Cold Resist +44%
Poison Resist +12%
8% Mana stolen per hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 2
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels

Grim Visor
Circlet
Defense: 24
Durability: 63 of 105
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xdd82148a
+5 to Maximum Damage
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +18
+50 poison damage over 5 seconds
+5 to Mana After Each Kill

Viper Horn
Coronet
Defense: 33
Durability: 28 of 30
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf031fa3e
+29 to Life
+8 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +45%
4% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Besides that, I got 5 skill charms. And a few small ones:

Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb61f6f43
+20 to Life
Fire Resist +9%

Small Charm of Vita
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x801ba6b7
+18 to Life

Stalwart Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 40
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x18e912a
+28 Defense
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Two of mine

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x2f813296
+33 to Life
+52 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x19a40bf7
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
This thread is hot! Some nice j00l's Pindy gave me:
Code:
Wraith Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa9ba6e40
+25% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +17%

Shadow Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x927ba3f7
+20% Enhanced Damage
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -15%

Blood Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x2ae7d4a2
Lightning Resist +9%
Requirements -15%
42% Damage to Undead
+33 to Attack Rating against Undead

Bitter Talisman
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xfb9f70c2
+24% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +24%
Requirements -15%

Btw Cormallon, those circlets really look good dude!
Not much here, but this was nice:

Ruby Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x4e4bcc55
Fire Resist +10%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

and this too:

Havoc Casque
Diadem
Defense: 50
Durability: 19 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xd0a8f09
All Resistances +9
6% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
Socketed (2: 0 used)
Nice charms everyone! Therefore pardon me:

Ruby Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xb6e7f841
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +11%
/*Hrus is still missing 3 final results in A5SU category.*/

Probably the best jewel/charm for me
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x6e65c04c
+33% Enhanced Damage

Also this charm came in handy for Hecathe herself:
Amber Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xe7430b6
Lightning Resist +11%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

And in the spirit of rare circlets:
Brimstone Mask
Circlet
Durability: 30 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x711aa03d
All Resistances +19
8% Mana stolen per hit

Death Crest
Circlet
Defense: 43
Durability: 26 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x6c7b4ab8
+41% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +16
8% Life stolen per hit
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Level 1 Attract (5/22 Charges)

Stone Visage
Coronet
Defense: 33
Durability: 18 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x20d7266a
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
7% Mana stolen per hit
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Charged Bolt when struck
+0 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
I'm only waiting on one set of final results for Meph.
Results have been sent to jjscud for the lvl 85 areas. just a matter of time now for finial results to be posted. Cryist
@hrus, if you're waiting for my final, my score hasnt changed since my last update....
I could believe that AJK found 5 'lashes, because I got 5 bloody horizon's! :cry:
Oh, we're getting close and I'm feeling guilty for knowing my category while others don't know theirs.

Supervisors, Please send me the top 5s for each person along with the scores.

Ah what the heck, thanks to all lvl 85 contestants and baal contestants for getting scores in. And sorry pndlers and mephers, I know most of you did. They'll all be posted tomorrow for sure.

Lets hold off on the prize picking and items until the full results are announced but here are the winners for two categories.

Baal
---------
nepeta 201.7
SkaMan 80.5
Hrus 53.8
Shleefin 42.4
kabal 37.4
zeomg 18.8
DX 11.8

lvl 85 areas
-----------
Hrus 86.7
Cormallon 67.6
jjscud 58
hepcat 56.7
tweety 56.0
DX 17.1
Salvo 13.0
jrlafrance 5.9

P.S. took some frustration out on normal cows today and found a grailer, Pelta Lunata
Congrats nepeta and Hrus 👍 I can't wait to see what nepeta found to surge ahead like that 😁
I just sent the final Meph results to Jjscud. 😃
201.7... yikes. :x
But then again, didn't he find a Death's Web?

crg
A death's web is not enough for such a high score.
Congratz guys! And nice score there nepeta!
Mephy:

AJK – 287.4
Kefir-Tribe – 209.3
SkaMan – 127.5
Greenmind – 107.9
Atil – 81.6
Jingizu – 63.3
Skinny – 45
Steven Q. Urkel – 40
Gabriel74 – 22.6

Hint: Stormlash count = 0
The sinners from A5SU categroy who didn't send me final results:
schleefin (Atma readouts needed), Gabriel74

jjscud said:
Mephy:

AJK – 287.4
Kefir-Tribe – 209.3
SkaMan – 127.5
Greenmind – 107.9
Atil – 81.6
Jingizu – 63.3
Skinny – 45
Steven Q. Urkel – 40
Gabriel74 – 22.6

Hint: Stormlash count = 0
Congratulations, AJK 👍

287... I have still much to learn... :rolleyes:
These scores have me feeling kinda sick right now. I'm probably gonna lose 3 items. If you don't count multiples, 4 of my top 5 are (were?) grail items. :undecided:
AJK, congrats! Owning the competition this badly on your first MFO, well, what can I say? Truely amazing! The pure has prevailed! Gibbedee-goob-hurray! Seeing your items, I really envy you, it must be a thrill to have those falling in just one week, however many runs you did. GG! (Still, a pitty you can't loot a lash somewhere, than it would have been complete :p)

Hrus: Congratulations, your competition was a bit more exiting, therefore I envy you. You showed all those traders and filthy mod users who truely reign in this kingdom of darkness, my head is off to you :) XXX

As well, for the other categories, I hope the final scores will be available soon, I can't say how this timely publication of my categorie relieves me, at least it's all over now. For the participants of other categories: Don't gnaw yer paws off :)

Well, I say... This is a surprise to me, albeit not a nasty one :) Here as well the evil succumbed to the pure, but let me not stray from the general rejoycement! Have I really been that lucky? I didn't have any 'great' finds, as is shown by my score, but that definition might be tough to handle for you with lesser scores :p Looking forward to see what everyone else found, but let's keep that to jjscud and the other sups. So I take my bows, wish you well and say: Thank you for the competition, hope everyone got his/her enjoyment out of it, I certainly did, and not only in retrospect :p

See you next time, I'm already looking forward to prolong my title!

all yours,

nepeta nigra parva
:cool:

Although I was 6th, I am very satisfied... it was my first MFO and I have found a lot of valuable items (well, valuable for me - Shakos, Stormshields, HoZ's, lightsabres, unique rings and amulets...) 👍

@AJK: I have heard you are so happy that you will give up your top 5 items to 2nd-6th places in your category, is it true? 😁
3 categories already won by vanilla players, another one prolly going to be won by another vanilla too (hepcat). Maybe a restart and staying vanilla would change my rotten luck 😁
@jjscud: Question ~ Does the winners of one category get to choose items from another category?
Great endurance winners 👍

for winner from my category (area85), my other notable finding for loot are a HoZ and a low ed lacelator (154%) :

Herald of Zakarum
Fingerprint: 0xddf0c254
What was our score at memp category Hrus?
I left the PC early yesterday and three results are already in!

nepeta, congratulations! *adopts Quake III voice* 'Impressive!'
hrus, congratulations too!
AJK, wait, that's me...

I guess the results will be posted in a separate thread, but here's a small preview. Thanks to a dagger with h4xx0r charges I gambled at Elzix' shack.
Effect: this drop.
Neither of us found an unique Earth Spirit, I was at 2xTC78 armor,2xTC78 weapon,Azurewrath; you were at 2xTC78 armor,3xTC78 weapon IIRC.

By guessing AJK's score he is at:
Spirit Keeper, TC78 armor, 2 Horizon's, TC78 weapon.
(Note: Horizon was the same as other TC78 weapons last MFO)

And yes we rock. vanilla vs others 3:0 (hopefully 4:0)
No scourges for me, guess again!

We will bring balance to the force...
Congratulations to all the winners! 👍

I'm happy to have kept fifth spot. My top five pales into insignificance compared to others, but whoever wants 'em can have 'em.
Talk about timing...
Damn you Pindle!
Could've increased my score by 10....:cry:
*runs away crying*
*looks at watch.....45 hours since score was turned in*

When will Act5SU be posted? A few curious souls are waiting.
I still have not Atma reports from schleefin, but I think these are final, I have sent the mail to jjscud.

And here there are for you:
1. hepcat **.4
2. Naab 75.5
3. omgwtfbbqpwned 62.4
4. Tracul 55.5
5. Factory 54.3
6. Gabriel74 49.9
7. schleefin 46.7
8. jrlafrance 45.1
9. Skinny 25.3
10. San 22.8

EDIT: Really lot of nice finds guys. I was impressed - 8 of you over 45 points. 👍

Congrats, hepcat.

BTW: AJK I can't solve it :brainiac: 287.4, no Scourge. Really I can't find a solution. It's probably some stupid mistake...
:shocked:
And u still had the power to run tht stupid zombie...

Gongratz to hepcat,it wasnt a close fight at all,13 points:hide:
Now that all winners are named, I can congratulate them, too ...

Very well done, Hrus and AJK and hepcat and nepeta ! :flowers:

I tried my best, but came in second place... but in THAT group, it's not bad, either. We'll see some really nice items found soon, and I hope losing one doesn't disappoint you too much. I for my part found 14 grailies, one less doesn't matter at all if it comes to that.
Ow dang...lost me 3rd spot :cry:
Let the looting begin! :cry:
tracul did u find a gryphons eye,i would like one of those.:D
Heh, gg AJK. Congratualtions to the winners.

I'm lucky my top 5 isn't too fancy.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High