MFO Summer 2020 When?

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Hi All!
As mentioned in the 2020 goals thread, I plan to host MFO again this year and wanted to gauge interest and maximize ability of everyone to participate. For folks new to the SPF (or needing a refresher), this post documents the long-standing SPF tradition, with a full run-down of the rules in the most recent MFO here.

The mid/late-August timing has seemed to work well the last two years, so I was planning on the same again this year. These are the windows we could use:
  • Fri, Aug 14 - Sun Aug 23
  • Fri, Aug 21 - Sun Aug 30
  • Fri, Aug 28 - Sun Sept 6
I'm leaning toward the underlined one because it will provide more time for people to get new characters ready if desired (as well as time for a mini-tournament if anyone plans to host one this year). But I wanted to get a sense of whether that would work for the majority of interested parties. It would be fun to get a good turnout again this year. I’m around in September, so would be happy to host later if that works best for a lot of people.

Please let me know if you have thoughts, but mainly if there are options that are no-go for you and you would like to participate! For inspiration, here's a lovely haul pic from a prior MFO that maybe can be replicated or surpassed this year:
kmstNGw.jpg

I am also fine with any of those, and would like to play. Will I invest 100+ hours into an MFO for a third time? God, I hope not. (No, seriously, I won't this time)

Might prefer the first one personally since I may be starting to take some classes around the end of August, but again, all are fine.

here's a lovely haul pic from a prior MFO that maybe can be replicated or surpassed this year:
lol.

I can do any of the three dates. Can't wait :).

I recently restarted and going for a HC project right now, but after that, MFO is a good opportunity for an SC restart to fill up the stashes. I might. Not crazy volumes like the olden days. More of a "participation is a reward in itself" attitude. Cannot go all of the dates, but that is irrelevant considering Im not even 100% decided yet. But ill at least watch it from the rails and cheer :)

I'm in for any of the dates! Pindle or Pits with the zerker. Will need to roll a better pit map if I go that route but that's irrelevant in this post.

Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
Just writing to say that I'm in; any of the proposed date ranges works for me, though I'd prefer pushing back as late as possible. Any lucky HRs between now and then might allow for me to roll up a build other than a Blizsorc, and I've fallen out of love from running her through AT over and over. o_O

Early days to start saying such things, but I've helped supervise categories back in the day and would be happy to help if it's needed! Just lemme know if any assistance is required!

Reactions: John Remedy
On the fence here. I love playing D2, but whenever I attempt to be competitive it usually results in burnout for me and I don't play again for months. I have long term goals of getting my necro to 99, currently at 95 (almost 96, runs A5 uniques, WSK, Baal, RoF, Diablo, rinse, repeat), and the grail (blizzsorc AT pits), so I look forward to MFO. I'll throw my hat in for kicks, maybe crazy-level RNG will happen, lol.

I'd first need to get Nena into Hell and probably Act 2 for AT running as its easiest with a Meterob. Naturally this restricts me to the A85 round probably unless i make better progress.

So er my preferred date is the last one cos it gives me most time to prepare

Hi All!
Based on feedback, we'll go with the proposed option: Fri, Aug 28 - Sun Sept 6. I'll plan to get the sign-up thread posted by next weekend. Thanks to everyone who responded. Still plenty to time to build a runner or farm gear if needed.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High