MFO Summer 2016 Signups and Progress [by nulio]

@NagisaFurukawa I doubt many people will beat that fastest runtime though. :p

Woohoo, no unique spetums today! Oh and some top 5 improvement too, which is also nice. If things keep going like this i might make a decent contender for top places in Baal. 't is just unfortunate i'm running in a category that normally needs more points to win.
Finished for today, sent my results. Despite the fact that I had plenty of time today, and as a result did some 850 runs, the drops were becoming less and less good :(.

Ah well, it's so exciting to get that top drop at the very last moment ;). 3000 runs done, I guess I will have time to do some 1000 more before Sunday evening.

Good luck everyone.
Well well well. Just got 2 score improvements in a single run, and one of them is a zod god grailer (edit: nvm)

I will now consider this tournament a success :D

Also got a gul and a few days ago I got a vex
Pathetic results sent ...

I won't be able to run on Friday and Saturday. I will try running as much as possible on Sunday, hoping to get some high pointers.

Come on, first Tyrael's in 1.14 !!!!
I'll send mine after my runs tonight.
Slightly increased results sent; the middle sections of MFOs have never been kind to me for some reason. I have been using my Zerker with 600%MF and 52% hork. Even though he is in theory my most efficient MFer, I really REALLY hate him. Back to my 450%MF Lightning Sorc I suppose. *sigh*
I've managed to get in some time today which has been nice. Score is up some, which is also nice, but by far the best part today was the most recent hour of running saw me drop under 17 seconds average totaling all my runs: 16.992 to round to thousandsths. Way worse time than grip, but I'm quite proud of myself regardless.

I'm hoping to get another hour or two in before bed, so I'll send an update then.
I'm so bummed out I missed this!

I just got back to the US a week or so ago. This looks like it is/was epic though. Excellent idea/competition, and props to you for running in (I know, I know, my props are worth nothing. Bust still, I'd like to hand them out).
Results sent in. Score has increased decently, I'm happy. Some alright non-qualifier finds as well, but this one pretty much sums up my MFO experience thus far:

Code:
Fletcher's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xb5d1c9ef
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+29 to Life

Good, but not great.
15ED/3AR Unearthed Wand

1597760402962.png

lol.
And +2 BS, make a White out of it ;)
Where's nulio? Gib update!
XyleneCyanol said:
And +2 BS, make a White out of it ;)
Noticed that too. +3, and I would have thought about it. Kept it as a souvenir anyway :p

Also this sums up my MFO so far:

Code:
Spiritual Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x4e413cb7
Unidentified
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+8 to Life

Meh, but meh
I plan on doing some more runs tonight, happy with Baal category so far, but I've been completely skunked by Pindle, Shenk and Eldritch. Best drop from all three combined is Griswold's Heart, which doesn't even qualify. Ugh. Happy hunting everyone!
We're measuring MFO progress in skillers now? In that case take your pick: captain's gc, 2x natural gc, entrapping gc and burning gc. All plain. Or perhaps even more apropriate acrobatic with 2 max dam or spiritual with 50 poison dam. Both second mods, but useless nonetheless.
@NorthDakota @MrAkon @scrcrw I didn't get any updates so far, are you still MFOing?

@NagisaFurukawa please send an update even if you are not proud of the result :p

There's still some other (2nd) updates I didn't get @Carawolk @Friiser @hernang @MercMan

To all, if you signed up in more than one category always update me for all categories, even you are not running some of them.
I want a confirmation and not having to assume that you not giving me an update means you're not running it.

With the updates I got:
- Baal - Players are divided in two groups
- A85 - Most players have similar scores, with a couple of players falling back a bit
- Pindle+ - All players are close to each other but one is trying to run away and has a small lead

Some comments:
- I'm disappointed that several players signed up for several categories and ended up ignoring the same one, this is very BAD. One category has only three players running it, which in plain English SUCKS. If you don't plan on running something don't sign up - you can change the areas you're running until the tournament starts.
Sounds like i better get cracking, because unless you guys really suck it looks like i'm falling behind. Then again nulio already said some of you do so maybe i'm not in as much trouble as i think i am. :D
I will send my updates tonight from my home computer...at work now.
Very exciting indeed. Even though it is pretty clear who will win in areas, it is still quite stronk battle for other positions!
Update sent!

Talking about skillers
Code:
Mentalist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x3667b799
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
+39 to Life
I've never built an assassin though.

hernang said:
Update sent!

Talking about skillers
Code:
Mentalist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3667b799
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)
+39 to Life
I've never built an assassin though.
I bet your PM box is full of obscene propositions right now.
Carawolk said:
I bet your PM box is full of obscene propositions right now.
Since it is now 45 mins after skiller was posted, it is probably already in nuliostash.
It was automatically transferred the moment I closed GoMule.
@nulio How are the teams doing?
I don't get it, dimensional shards drop at the same rate as archon staffs, caduceus, and unearthed wands. So how can they be so much more common than their unique counterparts. I have always seen that on the Atma drop calc and wondered why.

I swear I'm never going to find a Fathom.
Oh baby, a gear upgrade!

Code:
Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x64b905e0
+63 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

That's +7AR before buffs. Thank you, Pindle, for this gift I'll use to run Pindle! (The fool!) And yes, I'm actually excited about this.
Not sure how much i'll be running tomorrow. Motivation is low. Yesterday a minor upgrade. And i'm only calling it that because it made my top 5. Today my best were 2 um runes. That's right, that was the best. Or rather the only thing that was somewhat worth mentioning. I wouldn't even know what to rate 3rd after those. It was just that bad.

In order to be at least somewhat competative i'd have to find at least 3 new items for top 5 with at least 1 of them better then my current best. Like that's gonna happen. I'll probably run some tomorrow, but unless by some miracle i find some decent items early on i'm not pushing it. I can only hope some of the stuff i found improves my perfect grail because other than that it was a complete waste of time.
Huge congratz, reek!

Anyway gonna try to catch up the competition for fun. Unlikely since I started to play today (I don't participate anyway), but whoever is at the rear, beware! How much will I run depends mostly on weather tomorrow, and it seems it will be nice enough to not spend too much time in front of laptop.

So far killed ~3150 bosspacks estimated from my maps average, I guess I should be able to aim at least over 5k total. Or maybe close to 6k.
Also I'm under 1k runs now till level 96. Not gonna happen now, but soon I hope.
kgn5IzJ.jpg
T72on1 said:
Indeed, it isn't smart to run Pindle if Arachnid's is one or the items that would benefit your character most on her way to 99 ...

View attachment 3549
Pindle really wants to give it to me, but the poor bastard can't ...

1597760563583.png
Less than 14 hours left now and most of the day is booked solid, I should be able to get a couple of hours in this evening though. That'll bring it up to 25 or so hours of Pindle running. Not a single upgrade since early on day 5, but an Ohm was a pleasant surprise.

Come on team, big push for the finish.

Boy. Are you upset ? You seem very calm about it. From here.

It's not my character and I got upset from watching the video.
I had to sit and think for a moment but I think I'm ok. It's bed time now, though
Carawolk said:
Boy. Are you upset ? You seem very calm about it. From here.

It's not my character and I got upset from watching the video.
That's a zen-moment for phar, I suppose. You can get used to that... ;p

can't be fun though
Ouch, that's just painful to watch. But why on earth did you tele in there in the first place? Maybe it's just the long hours or something, but if/when i play HC i play a lot more careful than that.
Oh man, that looks really nasty phar. I notice you lost your mana super fast before you even got in there. Do you just put the 1 point in ES an no points in telekinesis?

Edit: I have been doing AT runs in HC and I probably would have went straight in there too. Then, try to adjust position according to what is in there. I run wth a TK boosted ES too though (16 points TK/1 ES).
Manaburn does that. Doesn't matter if you put points in synergies.
Good point. It sure does. He did lose all his mana before he went in to the ES though, no mana burn I believe.
1 pt ES (lvl 9) 1 pt TK
Just wanted to get back on to say....first run, rare archon staff.

Cyrax said:
Ouch, that's just painful to watch. But why on earth did you tele in there in the first place? Maybe it's just the long hours or something, but if/when i play HC i play a lot more careful than that.
I sometimes do that as well because I'm not awake :p

In the last MFO, I died quite a few times due to falling into asleep.

This MFO I'm playing HC, and I just stopped when feeling sleepy ...
@TheNix I never had all the necessary updates to be able to rank teams ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@mentalskiller HAHA no PMs sent :p But I wouldn't mind getting it when I get the finals results!

Good luck to all that are still running!
Condolences pharphis, that is no fun :(.
pharphis said:
Submitted my score.
Watch me get obliterated here:
:( Horrid group mods.
extra fast + extra fast + might + fanat + I was cursed. Oops!
Final results sent to nulio.

At least i got 2 improvements today so it's not a total disaster any more. But i'm sure as hell not gonna win this one. Next time i want to participate in this, somebody please remind me not to.
My mini-MFO is done. Everything is under spoiler to not spam the thread (I don't participate on MFO to be clear). ~11 hours played in the end. Can't wait for official results from MFO participants ^^

Been running yesterday and today with pitzerker. Kinda expected result given I killed ~5885 bosses which is ~9120 with 55% item find (it's over 9000!)

3dwHxCs.jpg

Total score: 59.9
Death's Fathom 16.8
Schaefer's Hammer 11.6
Cerebus Bite 11
Templar's Might 10.7
The Redeemer 9.8

Total of 6 haulpic items (expected number was ~7), last one is Steel Pillar.

Interesting finds:
Code:
Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53
Durability: 25 of 50
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xa092d05b
Item Level: **
Unidentified
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+24% to Cold Skill Damage
Lightning Resist +34%
Fire Resist +35%

Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 109 - 283
Durability: 61 of 65
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0x96c55c67
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
20% Chance to cast level 10 Static Field on striking
Indestructible
+20% Increased Attack Speed
119% Enhanced Damage
+150 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+600 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 50 - 200 Lightning Damage
+50 to Life
Lightning Resist +75%
+1 to Light Radius

Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense: 337
Durability: 14 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x53a1c3a4
Unidentified
+3 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
67% Bonus to Attack Rating
10% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
+131% Enhanced Defense

Templar's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1803
Durability: 43 of 60
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 232
Fingerprint: 0xe7926139
Unidentified
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+200% Enhanced Defense
+273 Defense vs. Missile
+12 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+50 Maximum Stamina

The Redeemer
Mighty Scepter
One Hand Damage: 150 - 196
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 50
Required Dexterity: 26
Fingerprint: 0x81f557dc
Unidentified
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
277% Enhanced Damage
Damage +76
-33% Target Defense
+209% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
+4 to Redemption (Paladin Only)
+2 to Holy Bolt (Paladin Only)
+3 to Light Radius
Requirements -60%

Steel Pillar
War Pike
Two Hand Damage: 109 - 589
Durability: 16 of 25
Required Strength: 165
Required Dexterity: 106
Fingerprint: 0x820ade36
Unidentified
Indestructible
+25% Increased Attack Speed
231% Enhanced Damage
-20% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
+79% Enhanced Defense

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One Hand Damage: 9 - 14
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0xfe57daa8
Unidentified
100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One Hand Damage: 9 - 14
Durability: 16 of 24
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x872440f2
100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x3c24e6bc
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 43 Frost Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 24 - 38 Cold Damage Over 0 Secs (3 Frames)
-3% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+3% to Cold Skill Damage

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x8b62d373
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-3% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xb3d63f0f
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Ghoul Circle
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x688d3474
+35 to Attack Rating
7% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Energy
+35 to Life
Lightning Resist +28%
Fire Resist +26%

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x3b36999c
+16 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Viridian Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x7235fed6
Unidentified
+12 to Life
Poison Resist +6%
Sent my very sloppy final results. GL to all who are still running!
Did my final 300 something runs as well, but drops were terrible. Sending results now.

Good luck to those still running !!!
Results sent, not impressive, but cannot complain considering the time spent ...

Good luck for the players who are still running.
I already started to get some results.

In about 5hours I'll check everything and if I have all-2 results (still no word from @MrAkon and @NorthDakota ) I'll try to post it as fast as I can.
Note to future MFO host: ask timezone so you have better idea when someone is already over or not.

@pharphis sorry to hear about the deeds :(
@nulio Posted final update.

I got a consultation upgrade in the last hour, a very one at that, but in the end my score was lower than I had hoped. Potentially two grailies though and that's a plus.
Results sent. Not as much playing time since the last update as I would have liked, but a couple upgrades nonetheless!

Thanks again for hosting nulio!

@pharphis - Sorry about the deeds, that was one hell of a bad situation. Good luck in .07!
Thanks for the results sent so far.

To those still running and to keep motivation up: remember what I said in last update -> most people are close to each other -> so a good drop might be what writes your name in the history books!

I'll try to post the final rankings as soon as the last player sends me their results *but* since I'll have to take someone really early to the airport plus the fact that I'm still awake... I might mess up my schedule and I don't know when I'll be sleeping or not.
Final results sent. Not much to write about, other than the usual stingy baal drops.
Results sent!
So would anyone be interested in some free items in HC 1.13c. Would make me feel better if some of my drops saw some use.
I buckled down and ran hard this last day and almost got to the number of hours mark I was hoping to hit at the start. At least I got a small bump in score, after having none since Friday. Results sent. Now to play some Magicka.
Results sent. D2 probably my 4th most played thing for the last 10 days, and results definitely showed it. >_>
I'm just waiting for @Friiser and @MercMan

I had no news during the tournament from @NorthDakota and @MrAkon

I kinda made mistake twice of not putting deadline in time up to which players may send results. It is a good idea to put such deadline immediately upon starting tournament (tournament lasts from this to this date, and deadline of reporting results is this). Hopefully I won't forget about that the next time too, cuz otherwise it is always a waiting game for a player or two ^^
I'm posting the results in a couple of minutes. The three final results that I didn't get so far are either from members that have been active in the last hours and didn't say anything or from members that ignored my posts in the last days and have been active.
@Gripphon the deadlines were in the opening post very clearly this time. nulio did a great job there. It's unfotunate that people commit to such a tournament, but then make it hard on the one organizing (and the rest of us eagerly awaiting the results). Obviously there's always the chance that something happened which made them unable to send in the results, but if they have already been active on these forums again and didn't let nulio know, I consider that very unlikely.

@nulio Looking forward to it :).
@nulio sorry for the late reply. RL got in the way and I didn't play anymore after my first update. Could you please add those items to the results thread in case anyone wants to loot one.

Thank you

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High