MFO Summer 2016 Results [by nulio]

Congrats to all the winners! MFO's are always interesting to follow. I may have to try and take part on the next one if the timing is convenient, I really need some extra motivation so I can finally find that Death's Web.

Would also be interesting to hear what kind of bulds people used.

@TheNix Congrats on the first place in our category, and nice roll on that DW. Ethereal and a grailer to boot, so really cool drop there.

@Burgomaster3 I used a standard Blizzard Sorc for Pindle. But many builds work there.

Since this was my first MFO, I didn't have a clue how much people usually run at such an event. So thanks for giving some data, @maareek . If 30 hours is a really low amount for an MFO, then I'll never even get close to the top. Not that I expected that, but I already played way more than I usually do, probably even a lot more than I should have, so ...

Just like @Cyrax , it was often frustrating because of the big amount of right base items that dropped, but always rare (or sometimes blue or white). Unearthed Wands, Diadems, Thunder Mauls, Hydra Bows, Legendary Mallets, Bloodlord Skulls, Legend Spikes ... you name, it dropped on regular base, but never golden.

Was it all that bad? Probably not, as the loose goal I had set for myself (not based on any science really, just an estimate) was to hit 50 points and I reached 54. The thing is: my top 3 are all TC84 items, not even TC87. On average one can expect 1 unique TC87 per 1000 runs. I did 4138 runs, and only got 2 :(. So that is not just below average luck, that is quite terrible. Since I had already gotten those 2 TC87s after some 900 runs, that's 3300 runs without one. The more time progressed, the more I got fixated on that 1 unique TC87 / 1000 runs statistic and the fact that it would take me one more good find to really boost my score. Obviously that TC87 unique might as well have been a Windforce or another 9.3 pointer, in which case it wouldn't have been an upgrade to my score, but of course I was telling myself that chances were real it would have been something in the Death's Fathom / Death's Web range. It never happened in the end, and to make it worse that 27+ pointer did drop after only some 25 CS runs yesterday, on the same character but with far less mf ...

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's the rundown of my MFO, because I like statistics and such. No haulpic with all stuff in one place, but all individual pictures because I still have to get used to this stuff :oops:.

Although I didn't get an incredible start, it wasn't bad either. Within the first 550 runs I found Levithian, 2 Lightsabres, a Frostwind and my first TC87 unique: Gargoyle's Bite. With an IK armor, Reaper's Toll and Carrion Wind in the next 225 runs good elites continued to drop. Then, before hitting 900 runs, I already got my second TC87 unique: my first ever Death Cleavers. Definitely a lucky start.

That was all in the first weekend, when I actually didn't have any time, but squeezed in too much time anyway. Monday would become my big day, as that was the only day when I could play a lot. Well, if you don't count the chores I didn't do because of it. I did close to 900 runs, and got exactly one upgrade, despite the fact that my number 3 - 5 spots weren't that impressive yet. The upgrade was a Halaberd's Reign with almost perfect rolls. Other notable finds were Nat's Mark and 3 times M'avina's True Sight. The latter in something like 200 runs from each other. Definitely would have love at least one golden Diadem instead there.

The next 1 hour run the next day wasn't too bad, with my first and only TC3 of the MFO, a Torch of Iro, finally that Tal's amulet that I was looking for, followed by my next upgrade: Boneflame. Another first ever for me and 2% Enhanced Defense from a perfect roll.

From then on, things only went downwards :(. Didn't find anything good on 2 short sessions. Then did another 3 hour one which gave my fourth M'avina's True Sight, my second Nat's Mark and a slight upgrade for the fifth spot: a 3 socket Head Hunter's Glory. Other than that the drops were incredibly bad that session.

At that point I was starting to get a bit frustrated, no not really frustrated, that would only be later, but nervous, because I knew my score wasn't bad, but I needed to catch a 'big fish' to at least stand a chance, and I knew that statistically (there you have it again ...) it should drop any moment. Like I already told you, that never happened :(.

It's not that I got nothing ... Ondal's Wisdom (same score as my 5th spot at the time), Wolfhowl, then Trang's Girth, Griswold's Valor and Taebuk's Glory within 10 runs of each other, not much later my highest rune from Pindel, a Mal.

At that point it was already Friday evening . I knew I didn't have much time to play anymore on Saturday and Sunday and that my score definitely would get me third place only. So on Saturday evening I decided to play for 2.5 hours, although it was already quite late when I could start to play. In 439 runs I only found one good item, but luckily it was an upgrade, and my best item of the MFO: Ravenlore (with terrible rolls). Not bad, but by that time that one statistic was in my head so much that I didn't really care. 3800 runs in, I should have already gotten that TC87 unique, and it should have been a serious upgrade too !!!

On Sunday, despite being dead tired from being outside in the heat the entire day (1.5 hour runs, followed by a bicycle trip with the wife and the kids all day), I decided to do a final push, because you know, that statistic :eek:. I did 310 runs, in which I got a Steel Carpace and an Andariel's Visage in the last 10 runs, before calling it an evening. I still had over an hour left to midnight, but I couldn't care anymore.

So that was my MFO: 4138 runs in 23 hours and 10 minutes, averaging 20 seconds per run, including muling. Near the end I was always close to 19 on average, but at the start I was probably quite slow.

In the end, I don't regret having choosen Pindle, as I have never done any serious runs on him. Fact is, such run all depend on drops, and if I had gotten for example a DWeb, even if it was on the very last run, I would have been happy about it probably. Now I'm a bit disappointed, although looking back at the entire loot haul I got, it's probably not that bad. Next time I think I'll pick alvl 85 though. Not so much for the uniques or sets even, but for the fact that Pindle is all about that, and he hardly drops any runes or charms. Where other people found quite some HRs on their runs, I was lucky to score a Mal from Pindle.

I'd better stop here now, otherwise the entire post won't fit into one page :oops:. I'll end with posting some stats, my screenies and item readouts.

Total Elite items found: 68
Most found elites: IK Maul (5), with M'avina's True Sight and Dangoon's Teaching (4) close
Completed expansion sets: 3 (Heaven's Brethren, IK and Nat's); almost completed Trang's too, with only the necro head to go
TC87 items: 2 / 9
TC84 items: 5 / 3
TC81 items: 3 / 1

1595270388482.png 1595270444445.png1595270495372.png 1595270539079.png 1595270580791.png 1595270625368.png1595270681976.png1595270727679.png1595270770541.png1595270820324.png

Code:
Boneflame
Succubus Skull
Defense: 364
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xfe1b8bf6
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
15% Chance to cast level 3 Terror when struck
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+148% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30

Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One Hand Damage: 89 - 263
Durability: 18 of 26
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 138
Required Dexterity: 59
Fingerprint: 0x62ce3ae8
Unidentified
+40% Increased Attack Speed
271% Enhanced Damage
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike
+7 Life after each Kill

Frostwind
Cryptic Sword
One Hand Damage: 15 - 244
Durability: 33 of 44
Required Strength: 99
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0x69057239
+25% Increased Attack Speed
217% Enhanced Damage
Adds 237 - 486 Cold Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)
+8 to Arctic Blast
Freezes target +4
Cold Absorb 8%
Half Freeze Duration

Gargoyle's Bite
Winged Harpoon
Throw Damage: 31 - 218
One Hand Damage: 76 - 99
Quantity: 80
Required Strength: 76
Required Dexterity: 145
Fingerprint: 0x2f054f21
Unidentified
184% Enhanced Damage
Adds 293 Poison Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
14% Life stolen per hit
Replenishes quantity
Level 11 Plague Javelin (54/60 Charges)

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 262
Durability: 26 of 50
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 105
Fingerprint: 0x104f76b3
Unidentified
+58% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
+18 Absorbs Cold Damage (Based on Character Level)
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40% Set (2 items): +2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 2 Sockets (0 used)

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 288
Durability: 47 of 50
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 105
Fingerprint: 0x9801851
Unidentified
+74% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
+18 Absorbs Cold Damage (Based on Character Level)
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40% Set (2 items): +2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only) 2 Sockets (0 used)

Halaberd's Reign
Conqueror Crown
Defense: 422
Durability: 40 of 50
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0xde3c089f
Unidentified
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Battle Command (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
+164% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +18

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 562
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 45 of 74
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xd7932a5c
+401 Defense
+307 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +36%
+5 Life after each Kill 3 Sockets (0 used)

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1001
Durability: 43 of 60
Required Level: 76
Required Strength: 232
Fingerprint: 0x25dde723
5% Chance to cast level 5 Enchant when struck
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50% Set (2 items): +25% Faster Hit Recovery Set (3 items): Cold Resist +40% Set (4 items): Fire Resist +40% Set (5 items): Lightning Resist +40% Set (6 items): +50% Enhanced Defense

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 208
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x7c1c8a01
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
+25 to Mana Set (2 items): +1 to All Skills Set (3 items): 50% Bonus to Attack Rating Set (4 items): Cold Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 206
Durability: 11 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xdc62241
Unidentified
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
+25 to Mana Set (2 items): +1 to All Skills Set (3 items): 50% Bonus to Attack Rating Set (4 items): Cold Resist +25%
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 200
Durability: 10 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xb581743a
Unidentified
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%

M'avina's True Sight
Diadem
Defense: 210
Durability: 12 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x5be5a100
Unidentified
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10
Lightning Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +25%

Natalya's Mark
Scissors Suwayyah
One Hand Damage: 120 - 153
Durability: 63 of 68
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 118
Required Dexterity: 118
Fingerprint: 0xb109a6c5
Unidentified
200% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+200% Damage to Demons
+200% Damage to Undead
Adds 12 - 17 Fire Damage
Adds 50 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)

Natalya's Mark
Scissors Suwayyah
One Hand Damage: 120 - 153
Durability: 42 of 68
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 118
Required Dexterity: 118
Fingerprint: 0x306b8534
Unidentified
200% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+200% Damage to Demons
+200% Damage to Undead
Adds 12 - 17 Fire Damage
Adds 50 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)

Ravenlore
Sky Spirit
Defense: 355
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 113
Fingerprint: 0xf14a8d03
Unidentified
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+7 to Raven (Druid Only)
+128% Enhanced Defense
+22 to Energy
All Resistances +19

Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Defense: 1696
Durability: 38 of 70
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 230
Fingerprint: 0x53f515fc
Unidentified
8% Chance to cast level 6 Iron Maiden when struck
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+204% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 15%
Cold Resist +60%
Damage Reduced by 13
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

Cool to read about everyone's experiences, thanks for that!

My MFO experience was not as frustrating as some of the others here, so I'm thankful for that. I ended up running somewhere between 25-30 hours total. I had hoped for more, but life and such, you know the drill. We found a total of 91 qualifiers during the runs.

The first block of runs was nothing to write home about, with my best find by the first update being a Demonhorn's Edge.

Of course in typical MFO fashion, literally 10 runs after sending in my update (on Monday) we found a Darkforce Spawn. We were pretty happy about that since it alone was more than 5x our whole score at that point. Wednesday saw a couple 10+ pointers fall, as well as some slight improvements over the bottom ranked finds.

After sending in our second update, we had to wait only TWO runs this time befor a significant score upgrade came in the form of Bul-Kathos Tribal Guardian. I should have sent in updates every day, just to spur on some finds. :p

Our final upgrade came on Sunday, even though we only had ~1 hour to play that day, when a Green Sacred Armour finally dropped for us after seeing 7 rare ones.

That's it really, nothing too exciting but I'm quite happy with my final score. Great running again everyone, I'll see you all next time!

I flat out did not put in enough hours, although I knew going in that I wasn't going to be able to put more than 8 hours over that time period. As such I'm happy with the 5+ hours I did get...I have to get Silo's run counter installed...

I got my necro to 95 and got one grailer out of the MFO, so I'm happy. Best rune was a Lum. Next time I don't think I'll enter into Pindle with the Baal runner (I did so because I summoned my army there...might as well take him out, too). Doing the same number of Pindle runs as Baal runs makes me very much less competitive in the Pindle category.

Edit: Expand my thoughts a bit.

It is good to see new players on MFO scene. Keep coming, dudez.
Just keep working on those characters of yours, seek improvements. Having at least one dedicated MF char is worth it, just for MFO. Other chars can be untwinked, tournament chars and whatnot. Not everyone's cup of tea, but that is something worth considering.

GJ all involved. (Especially my lord and savior nulio for hosting)

As grip said above, the new players are a welcome site given how much of a lack of enthusiasm there had been. I mean, we skipped a Winter MFO all together, so hopefully the new blood will keep events such as this lively going forward. Everyone can shoot to dethrone Grip and top his efficiency!

I will definitely be around for a Winter MFO or any other events that come up! Until then, I will have to make it a high priority to find a Jah Rune. That way I have the choice of running Pits with a Zerker next time around. Although, how safe do you guys feel running a zerker is on HC?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High