MFO Summer 2014 Signups and Progress [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on June 28, 2014.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Edit: Due to a low number of sign-ups in the Baal and Pindle categories, this MFO will feature Level 85 Areas only. Players who signed up for the other categories are free to play in the Level 85 Areas category if they'd like.

Hi and welcome to the 2014 Summer MFO! Start preparing your runners and get appropriately hyped for the biggest SPF event of 2014!

Start time: July 11th 2014, 00:00 local time
End time: July 20th 2014, 11:59 PM local time

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 3 targets and runs that target like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (updated scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Fabian

Level 85 Areas
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

I will need 3 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

Email your score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

That's it! Let the trash talking begin :) If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me here or email me at *redacted -Pb_pal*

2013 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

2013 Summer MFO Results Thread

2014 Summer MFO Results Thread

Last edited:
I can watch a category as needed, etc. [email protected]. I may drop out of Baal if there's good competition in areas, but I have my doubts how many people will be MFO'ing. We'll see though.
Perfect timing. Gives me about a week to set up my FoHer, and beta CtA is JUST around the corner. I could also stream the MFO, theoretically :p
Nagi already setting himself for double/triple win this year? Well played, well played.
Hopefully more people join and make this difficult for him.
is this a troll?
Troll? omg? Surely you jest.

I don't see myself participating (that would mean spending gaming time on not Europa Universalis IV and that seems unlikely) but I can be a supervisor if needed.
Guys, guys, please don't everyone sign up at once. This thread is getting too crowded.

In all seriousness, I hope we get a whole bunch more entrants. The MFO is our finest tradition on this forum, and since we skipped the winter MFO this year due to lack of interest I was hoping this one would generate a bit more. Would be a real shame to see it die out permanently.

We'll see what the number of entrants looks like in a week. If there's no real interest for Baal or Pindle this could become a level 85 areas competition I suppose.
alvl 85 are the only areas I'm aware of
With trader profiles being deleted I'll likely have to make a new one, but I had quite a number of positive trades on the previous trade system.

I'd like to run Baal. I think I'll use my LF/FA zon for it. I can also supervise a category if you like. Thanks for keeping the old tradition alive!
Guilt tripping, hey Fabian! Okay, I'll bite. I'll start with Pindle, but if things need to be consolidated into a lvl85 only run I'm okay with that too. Pity it's the week I start teaching again.
Fabian said:
since we skipped the winter MFO this year due to lack of interest
Please. We were all begging for you to host one, but you just wouldn't listen and kept calling it a once a year deal these days. :(

Fabian said:
If there's no real interest for Baal or Pindle this could become a level 85 areas competition I suppose.

At least keep Baal, please. >_>
NagisaFurukawa said:
Please. We were all begging for you to host one, but you just wouldn't listen and kept calling it a once a year deal these days. :(

At least keep Baal, please. >_>
totally!

I think it's a requirement so those 99ers can force themselves to gain some exp
Ah, good. I was going to let Fabian's guilt tripping get to me, put myself in Pindle and say "your mind games won't work, just like no one would try to stop maareek from going up to a 75% win rate in MFO's" but I see TheNix has already nixed (heh) that plan. I'm going to tell myself I did well on the recruitment drive and wander off with my victory, thank you all very much.

Also: I'm sure there's been volumes spoken about the issue I haven't been privy to, but I'll throw my (probably useless) thoughts in the ring. The MFO, as an idea, is supposed to be sort of the cream of the crop for running competitions, so it's had to adjust a little over time. Meph was dropped from the list when people stopped running him, which is good cause Meph is abysmal as a target, but an MFO with only three targets just seems lacking, especially when one of those targets is Baal plus his minions, who, to be honest, suck equine nether regions in terms of drops and another is Pindle, who ... do people even run Pindle anymore? I mean, I'm sure they do but he's not exactly an exciting target. What that means is: you only have one category that actually stands out as an interesting place to make people want to compete in, short of folks wanting to do Baal for exp runs, and that obviously limits the entrants.

In the old days, that was mitigated somewhat by the number of people on the forum. Meph stayed as a target because people were coming in and/or restarting and needing those few thousand Meph runs to beef up on twinking and/or trading items to kick things off. Pindle was mainly driven, as it seemed to me, by the folks who were competitive but didn't have the time to devote to the alvl85 category. It kind of seems that now most of those people are not here anymore.

So, what I would suggest is adding in another category. Travincal makes the most sense, both because people run it and because it is actually an interesting target. Now yes, we've suggested Travincal be added to the MFO before and shot it down before, for various reasons, but now I'm saying if the choice is adjusting the MFO to fit in Travincal or not have the MFO anymore, I would lean strongly towards trying to get Trav in there.

Now, there's a lot of issues involved, no doubt. First, the council is pretty bad for S&U's, what with the TC78 top end. Second, the MFO has always avoided included scoring for the stuff the council is good at. Third, that leaves us to make up completely new rules if we want to add it to the competition, and that's a pretty huge hurdle.

That said, the MFO has always scored every category differently, so having new rules for a new category still seems within the spirit. Coming to an agreement on those rules would be the issue, and it will probably take a very long discussion time to come to it. That said, as a starting point, I would suggest something like taking S&U jewelry as the core of the scoring, using either runes or charms as the sort of rounding out agent as well as introducing the Tyrael's-like outlier "bombs" for the format. As much of a "itamz r betar den roonz lulz" kinda guy, I think runes make more sense for the job since trying to score charms/jewels/etc. would just be a nightmare.

Anyway, that's just my thought on the subject. I have lots of good MFO memories and I wouldn't want it to disappear, so I'm definitely in favor of trying to change it up enough to entice more entrants. I guess if someone wants to throw up a discussion thread on that subject, more people could chime in and leave this for what it is, or we could just let me rant alone in the dark. Both are fine, and commonplace. ;p
pharphis said:
is this a troll?
It's only a mirror phar.

Wish i could join, but my hand will barely let me play about 2 hrs a week so no real point in joining in right now. I do hope lots of people sign up because it's a great tradition that should be kept alive.
I'm in somewhere, though I don't know where yet. I'm a lot busier with RL this summer than I was last summer, so I won't be as competitive.
Time to reinstall, I guess.

Space recreated!
Fabian said:
Guys, guys, please don't everyone sign up at once. This thread is getting too crowded.

In all seriousness, I hope we get a whole bunch more entrants. The MFO is our finest tradition on this forum, and since we skipped the winter MFO this year due to lack of interest I was hoping this one would generate a bit more. Would be a real shame to see it die out permanently.

We'll see what the number of entrants looks like in a week. If there's no real interest for Baal or Pindle this could become a level 85 areas competition I suppose.
Says that guy who hasn't signed up himself.

For those who can't/won't participate but like seeing results or streams of D2 in general I plan to try to stream as much of my runs as possible (FoHer in AT) over the MFO period. I'll try to post in the D2 streaming thread for those interested

(ofc you can't share any details about sexy finds and if you're in the same category you're not allowed to watch (nor will you want to, you ought to be running!))
I had to update the table since I realized my trader profile vanished during the forum move I guess. I'd recommend everyone check that theirs exists or replace it :D
Way to ruin the fun. :(
I would like to see the runs:p
I can probably stream some of my baal runs. I haven't managed to put an infinity together yet so they won't be as fast as they could otherwise be as I'll have to swap over to the bow to free gloams and LIs, but with luck I'll manage to get 250-300 runs in during the MFO.
It doesn't look like there would be multiple categories this time. Two people in Baal and one in pindle?
MFO dead. Shame really.

What do you guys think of moving from baal/pindle to areas?
i will probably sign up.. but first i need to find some claws for my assa, will see if i get the motivation to anya it up...
As I said I'll go to the L85 areas, but looking at the records thread I'd only be there to make up the numbers. I take three times longer than the best runners with far less MF.
Those numbers in SPF hall or records are not realistic. You can't possibly expect someone to perform at peak performance throughout the whole MFO, especially if people tend to watch dota/anime/tv or whatever in background while doing the running. But even if one runner is more efficient at real MFO pace, it doesn't mean he will also score a good points. MFO is mostly about luck, unless you invest 60+ hours when you can expect to find winning score or close to it. Last MFO I was second at invested time, and second at getting best score due to efficiency of the running (mathematical expectation), and ended up fifth in the end in areas. Just forget those shining numbers from records thread and enjoy the ride, I'll try to do the same!
You watch dota/anime while playing D2? OP guy.
I won't have a ton of time to participate (winter MFO would work better for me), but I'm going to give it a go anyways - I need to finally finish my PitBarb.
Gotten the itch to play D2 again and while I won't join this MFO, I did wanna say good luck to all participants and I look forward to seeing some jaw-dropping finds and inspiration to do more runs. And hell, I might do some (unofficial) parallel runs alongside the MFO too!
Hmm, I can throw my hat into the ring. I haven't played D2 in awhile. +1 for Trav category!
So Fabian, where is all that energy? Hoping that you join a85 also!
Although I'm not participating I'm looking forward to this.

I agree with making this one having only a85 categories since there is so few players in the other two categories.
I can help with posting results, etc, if needed.

Gripphon, you are post master. I would be great having a thread with some analysis of all a85 builds :p
100+ hours attempt incoming! +1 to be only one category.

@OPlio

There are probably guides for all builds that cover important basics for that build!
Well the start of the MFO is about 2 days away, and with a total of 3 entrants in the Baal/Pindle categories, we'll stick with just level 85 areas for this MFO. Hopefully interest for the other categories is higher next time the MFO comes around.

Also I'll probably sign up and commit to ~5 hours of play, if I can be bothered to make a trade profile. Also if I can get my computer to work in time, etc. We'll see. In any case, good luck to all runners, I hope to see some great results :)

I'm interested in Baal but willing to do the level 85 areas.
Don't know how many days I can play but I'll try to do my best.
so much competition :eek:
I'm excited even though there's no way I'll get more than 40-50 hours in
With it being 11:50 on the 10th of July, about 12 hours before kick-off, and still no-one else being interested in joining me running Pindle, I've moved myself to the Level85 areas.
Updated my trader profile link.
pharphis said:
so much competition :eek:
Funny that. I was just thinking the opposite when I got to your post. My how times have changed.

I'm excited even though there's no way I'll get more than 40-50 hours in

To be fair, I currently hold either the second or third best (depending on exactly what score sheets you want to use since some scores are on different ones; second on current sheets, third on old sheets ... barring someone having a bunch of azurewraths after the changeover) score in lvl 85 history and got that in 49 hours ... only about 45 or so contributed to said score, so 40-50 hours should be plenty to put up a good showing. Time put in is not directly correlated to score garnered, although it does hint - sometimes strongly - at it; the whole thing is mostly luck, after all. ;p

Also, I'm stupid and will run after all. Damn you nostalgia, damn you straight to Hell.
Sign up, people while you still can! There is quite a competition in this mfo, sign up and participate, gogogogogo.

Also where is trash talk?

Something is interesting around here. See the order people signed in? I'm pretty sure final results might be in same order. So, Nagi wins both categories, Phar and Froz (both as expected) are in top 3. OP guys. Go nerf yourselves even before MFO starts.
lolBaal. Will try to do enough AT to not finish last.
I dunno, last two MFOs I wasn't top 3, but to be fair I put in no more than 20 hrs in each of those ;)

you piece of trash, griphph
Signing up, assuming I get my computer to work. How much I play remains to be seen.

nulio will serve as supervisor. He'll post updates on Monday and Thursday (approximately), so PM or e-mail him reports at jcml . pt @ gmail . com so he can post accurate standings around those times.

Good luck to all runners!
@ Pharphis

So, with 20 hours in your score was 75.1. With 45-50 hours you plan on doing now your score would be... 150.2? So crazy. Teach how to.
Gripphon said:
@ Pharphis

So, with 20 hours in your score was 75.1. With 45-50 hours you plan on doing now your score would be... 150.2? So crazy. Teach how to.
I don't think my score was ever that high... was it? :p

edit: found my run counter for the last MFO I participated in (I don't think I even sent in my results from just a few hours of the last summer MFO). and I checked the thread and I did get 75.1... cooool <3 FoHers
Bleh have to do this...
Hmm, much better run times than I expected from you phar. 50h...you win this one for sure...

Also what is MFO.
You people are disgusting. 10 hour MFO best MFO.
NagisaFurukawa said:
You people are disgusting. 10 hour MFO best MFO.
There it is, folks, confirmation that Nagisa will be running 10 hours a day.
10 hours a day? Only a crazy person would run that much!
Oh my dear Gawd, so many brutally awesomely awesome OPlayers in here.
One is posting his faster-than-light AT foher! Unrealistically fast running!
Second will run 10h a day, confirmed.
Third has 75% win ratio at MFO.
Fourth is laughing at 10h a day effort like it's nothing to him.

How to compete against such OPlayers, how! Share your secrets with the rest of the world.
I know you're being funny, but you do know that you are crazy, right? ;p
yes , i m interested in playing at the Level 85 Areas of catagory.

can someone find me an AT map?
thanks
Just do what I did: think about having to find a new one long enough you convince yourself the one you have will do. Way less effort.
maareek said:
Just do what I did: think about having to find a new one long enough you convince yourself the one you have will do. Way less effort.
that's the point I'm at. STICKIN WITH IT
heh the sucker fell for it. Wait, I'm supposed to think that, not type it. Meh, whatever. ;p
I put in an hour or so before going to bed last night and on the last run I finally found a score. The Pits in 3 minutes is a too slow though, even with my barb at 700/500 MF.
What is barb and can I eat it?
NagisaFurukawa said:
What is barb and can I eat it?
What you do in the privacy of your own home is none of my business.
Off to a good start with 6 zods in the same run
pharphis said:
ZOD GOD!
Jcakes said:
i'm only one short from being able to gear a char with 2x wep, armor and helm. I'm missing the body armor ofc... :(
pharphis said:
Ah, good, the Diablo gods have decided to put the competition to sleep by making them count zods. ;p

For myself, I'm an hour late but it's time to get started. Historically this is where I would wish good luck to all those running categories other than mine, but as that's not a choice this time: best of luck to all those reading along with the thread and doing your own parallel runs with the event.
Start time is finally here at GMT-7. Woot! Time to finally find a good map.
I am way too old for these kinds of things now. Got tired after just 20 minutes. Good luck everyone! >_>
NagisaFurukawa said:
I am way too old for these kinds of things now. Got tired after just 20 minutes. Good luck everyone! >_>
Can you beat 50 years old?
TheNix said:
Can you beat 50 years old?
Clearly you don't speak Nagisa. Translated that post says: "Found 2 Tyrael's in first 20 minutes of running. Decided to give others time to catch up. Will run 30 minutes tomorrow for the other 3. Then will run a few minutes on Monday for 7 zods."

First hour went well; got into a decent groove, but I also seem to be suffering from a case of the old (even though I can't touch 50) so I'm taking a little break.
MFO too hard. Everything filled with old people as well. How can you motivate yourself to run even >_>
Ok, who's the marshal and when do we need to send in the updates?
Jeez... already about sending updates... gratz on Tyrael's :(
Don't I wish!!!!! I just like being organised.
(11:08:37)<frozzzen>WOW

Winner already decided. Might as well just watch DotA all day instead.

NagisaFurukawa said:
(11:08:37)<frozzzen>WOW

Winner already decided. Might as well just watch DotA all day instead.
crap, I don't even watch DotA :(
So I asked Nagi how much will he play during this MFO. Apparently he won't have enough time to play as long as he wanted to, but...

(17:16:03)<classicjimmy>i still need to farm my weekly item on ff for next week
(17:16:08)<classicjimmy>thats like 20h investment
(17:16:15)<classicjimmy:mad:
(17:16:22)<classicjimmy>so only 180h

Sickos everywhere.
Just a quick clarification here, I don't need to run the same area or even using the same character do I?

A little more than 36 hours in and I'm bored witless.
You can run any level 85 area, which are all detailed in Fabian's original post, with any (number of) character(s).

For my part, things are going pretty well. Run times are at least trending downward, even if they are rather slow right now (46.673? halp meh jebus.)
maareek said:
For my part, things are going pretty well. Run times are at least trending downward, even if they are rather slow right now (46.673? halp meh jebus.)
Guys, we have classy troll around here!
maareek said:
You can run any level 85 area, which are all detailed in Fabian's original post, with any (number of) character(s).

~48-49 sec, here... also trending down. I haven't bothered counting bosspacks, though
Put stream up in couple hours. We need distraction.

I've been trying barb lately but he doesn't seem to be luck char, even if quite efficient.
I'll stream right now :D
(but you risk seeing Tyrael's if you watch and are in my category)

edit: down, 3x tyrael's, only one dweb
Gripphon said:
Guys, we have classy troll around here!
*Fixes monocle. Raises pinkie while typing*

Oh dear, 'tis worse than I thought. My times are so slow Gripph God doesn't believe they could be true. Plis to tich how do run? ;p

pharphis said:
... I haven't bothered counting bosspacks, though

I have been ... I suggest you don't, unless your map is much better than mine. Such bad, much disappoint, wow. Commiserations on only 3 Tyrael's, btw. Nagisa just found his tenth.
I'm running the Pits in about 145 seconds!
Still didn't find a single Shako. But found 5 -5 poison facet which is nice. Couple of Mal runes, Um and Ist. Considering amount of playing (or not playing to be more precise), that's nice. How about you guys? Any Zod in sight yet?
(05:35:43)<lolGrip>81h for me
(05:35:46)<lolGrip>still doable :p

Agreed.
frozzzen said:
Put stream up in couple hours. We need distraction.

I've been trying barb lately but he doesn't seem to be luck char, even if quite efficient.
I'm still in act 3 nightmare.
Last night I found a second gull which I used to make a hoto (40%) to replace my 34@ hoto. This was a few mins after finding a 27@ mara's to replace my 26@ mara's <3
pharphis said:
Last night I found a second gull which I used to make a hoto (40%) to replace my 34@ hoto. This was a few mins after finding a 27@ mara's to replace my 26@ mara's <3
Using a Gull to make a HotO. Hax, I'm PMing Thy as we speak.

Fabian said:
nulio will serve as supervisor. He'll post updates on Monday and Thursday (approximately), so PM or e-mail him reports at jcml . pt @ gmail . com so he can post accurate standings around those times.

I only received updates from ONE player :p I can't supervise like this!
I say let him. But only if he tapes it. I'm curious to see how he transforms that dagger into a rw.

Sure you can. You put that player in first place in the update. Or last place if you feel like it.
aw

lightsabre #18
:/

if I don't find a grailer this MFO I'll be furious
The only gear upgrade I've had so far was finding a pair of terribly rolled(29%) chancies in a stash to replace my bad rare gloves with so now I'm up to an awe inspiring 384 MF. :rolleyes: Also had a dumb rock drop (Jah), but who wants runes in an MFO?
maareek said:
The only gear upgrade I've had so far was finding a pair of terribly rolled(29%) chancies in a stash to replace my bad rare gloves with so now I'm up to an awe inspiring 384 MF. :rolleyes: Also had a dumb rock drop (Jah), but who wants runes in an MFO?
I do! I've only seen one jah in two years of running AT, pits, etc. :/

My MF is only 290 :oops:
Bad luck from last MFO continues into this one. Please, gieb me some good drop, I'm losing inspiration fast this way.

Update sent.
Not even one high score item so far.
pharphis said:
My MF is only 290 :oops:
Seems like a good amount for a seriously fast Paladin, but 390 (which I'm up to now thanks to a 3PR/6MF SC drop) is pretty stinking low for a sorc.

My regular chair isn't really designed for this desk so I wasn't getting my body quite where I wanted so I tried switching over to a more standard design, which led to a properly quick, at least for me, hour of runs (83) which was awesome ... however my butt has vetoed that change, so it's back to the comfy chair. You guys may celebrate or empathize as you see fit. ;p
oh ya maybe I should sent an update. there are only 4 items I remember that are even conceivable of being in my top 5.. I hope :p

Also I demand we change the list of qualifiers to include torch of iro.

I'd really like all of my plain 7% MF SCs to not be plain :p 5@/7MF plz
update sent...

As a general status update, I've reached 40% of my goal-number of runs, and might climb to 50% before the end of the day. I completely suck at Pit Barb, but am enjoying the build. Highest rune is a Ko, best non-qualifying find is probably a perfect Bonesnap (i.e. twinking weapon), and I've had one very, very close to super-awesome drop - a crystal sword with a lot of the right mods except the only one that matters (i.e. ethereal):

Rune Scalpel
Crystal Sword
One Hand Damage: 33 - 48
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x28f0c177
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
207% Enhanced Damage
Adds 18 - 2 Damage
+203 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
Lightning Resist +8%
pharphis said:
Also I demand we change the list of qualifiers to include torch of iro.
I'm jealous.

On the subject of grailers: I had 3 facets drop today, but none of them the cold/die I'm missing. Absolutely zero complaints, though, since it was a garbage fire along with a +4/-5 poison and a 5/5 lightning. Please be to drop the items they go in, game?
I got updates from most players and here it are the current standings:

Gripphon
Nagisa
frozzzen
maarek
TheNix
hernang
Pharphis
uglyfred
Fabian

Most of you are as close to each other as nulio is to the ladies.

omg, scrcrw, LiquidClear, the franklin and horseheadnebula sent no updates, but I know that some of them still didn't had the chance to start.
nulio dat party pooper.

Protip: Rankings are read down->up
I mean how else would you explain Fabian being last. No, just NO.
Don't let the standings demotivate anyone, most players are very close and it's easy to bump your standing many positions up (or down).

And what better motivation than having more points than Fabian do you guys need? :p Keep at it and don't let his Pitbarb come close!
Gripp confirmed OP. No point in even trying anymore judging from what I know about my own score. GGWP.
In before Nagisa wins MFO by thirty point margin.

Either Nagisa and Grip are the exception to nulio's statement or nulio was just trying to give people hope (or Nagisa is trolling us, but that would never happen ever nuh-uh, no way, no how), cause my score is pretty freaking bad. Bah, run moar is the answer.

On an unrelated note, for about half a second last night I was way more excited about a Ginther's Rift than anyone ever has had reason to be. Remember kids, sleepy running is best running.
Ok, I know my score is not too bad at this point of MFO, but I really didn't expect to have top score at the moment. From the looks of update it seems like people invest minimal effort of running for this MFO. Go go go, start run moar if you have time!

@ Nagi

Remember. With whatever char are you playing, I expect new record for hall thread before mfo ends.
Gripphon said:
Ok, I know my score is not too bad at this point of MFO, but I really didn't expect to have top score at the moment. From the looks of update it seems like people invest minimal effort of running for this MFO. Go go go, start run moar if you have time!

@ Nagi

Remember. With whatever char are you playing, I expect new record for hall thread before mfo ends.
Good thing no one else uses a FoHer, so my records can't be beat :D

I found a sur this morning before going to work and had to check my stash while at work to confirm it wasn't a dream (it's real, don't worry).

As always in 1.13d, I can ONLY find gul and sur (and mal). no ber, jah, vex, ohm :(
Nobody tries FoH because they already know you are unbeatable.

Enjoy not finding runes while it lasts. I can't take runes seriously anymore after finding all of them in some random MFO a while back.
NagisaFurukawa said:
Nobody tries FoH because they already know you are unbeatable.

Enjoy not finding runes while it lasts. I can't take runes seriously anymore after finding all of them in some random MFO a while back.
:p

That's the pic with the green runes, right? You hacker
Like my run time? Or maybe my T Might counter? Pretty handy, I was losing count of dem.
1597772737901.png
9/9 unique sacred armor drops are T-MTS, btw
Let's remind ourselves of 2 best haul pics ever. Nagisa and Fabian.
126fs2277341.gif

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/nanofeito/PitsMFORunes.jpg

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2509/haulpic4.jpg

smilie_ugly_340.gif
How anyone can think a pic of some lousy dumb rocks is impressive is beyond me. ;p

I had a properly impressive MFO haul pic in mind, one of Jaedhann's, but I can't find it anymore. :( Anyway, look at Nagisa's pic, but imagine that instead of ugly dingy rocks there are sparkling, beautiful items there and you've basically got the idea. If I remember correctly Nagisa's item haul from that same MFO was pretty sick, too, but that's to be expected from Nagisafullohaxa.

Had an AT grailer drop earlier. Figured I'd start halfway keeping track of that since it's a really short list and a decent distraction.
maareek said:
How anyone can think a pic of some lousy dumb rocks is impressive is beyond me. ;p
Good man maareek.

Proper haul pic from that MFO Grip troll quoted me from.
That is nice haul pic too. I totally like 3 green Caduceuses next to each other, those green letters look so awesome.

Great, now I've drooled all over my desk.

Not that that pic needs any further expounding on how amazing it is, but I find it cool/funny that on the left side of the image the amount of each of those high end items matches or exceeds my all-time total. And it's not like I haven't done a run or two myself. Just astounding.

Plus, the sparkle on one of those Mang's and especially that lower left Griffon's is absolutely perfect.

Edit: err, well I've found 3 Fathoms all time, but still, the point stands.
Fabian confirmed most broken player in MFO history... at least until Gripp's results are revealed.
I must say runes have been light on the ground so far, probably no more than a half a dozen with Mal the highest. I've had three Gheeds and about eight unique rings (still no BKWB though).
Received updates from thefranklin and Saluki. You two are close to uglyfred.

Saluki was running Baal but didn't notice it was removed. After talking with Fabian he/she is now running A85.
Is it update time again?
No, it was just "late" updates. Next update will be Thursday.
nulio said:
No, it was just "late" updates. Next update will be Thursday.
Ok, not a hell of a lot more to report yet.
I've done a quick MFO calculator:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mel5vplhot5i36f/MFO-Calculator.zip

Nothing great but will help the supervisors to sort the data and can help runners calculating their points.

Lmk if you find erros.
If anyone had by any chance already download it, it had an error. Fixed and uploaded.
@nulio: I've downloaded it and had a look, but I couldn't work out how to use it.

Here is an interesting observation. I have 36 qualifiers; 1 level 85, 1 level 87 and 34 level88.
Nix,

Even for a Berserker, that's a pretty crazy distribution!
I've been falling behind my daily goal. Too tired after work. Hopefully I can catch up before the end with my modest goal of 40 hours total
20 hours and 1563 runs finished. I've done better 20 hour stretches in the past, but I'm pretty okay with it. All in all, no complaints on what I hope is the first ~half of runs (3k runs is my goal.) Good luck to everyone the rest of the way.
TheNix said:
@nulio: I've downloaded it and had a look, but I couldn't work out how to use it.
You have the following columns:
- Player - you can leave it blank, it's just for filters or having more information. If you want to use it you can write anything you want.
- Phase - you can leave it blank, it's just for filters or having more information. If you want to use it you need to select one the three options in the drop-down list (shows after selecting the cell)
- Category - mandatory, is used to know what points to fetch. Use drop-down list or just write one of the possible options available
- Item 1 to 5 - mandatory, is used to know what points to fetch. Use drop-down list or just write the item's name (it has to be the full correct name)
- Points 1 to 5 - automatic, don't write anything here. It's just the individual points for the picked item
- Total - automatic, don't write anything here. The score

Then in the first row you can select several filters and sort the table how you want.
<Grip>12.5h for 800 runs wut
<Grip>hmmm
<Grip>not doable :p
<froz>1000 doable
<froz>12bosses/51 sec run times

Agreed.
Froz has 51 sec runtime on 12 bosses? What kind of freak is he!
(15:06:59)<sadboys>3 qualifiers + 7mf/5fr sc
(15:36:23)<sadboys>19life 9lr
(15:42:24)<sadboys>18life 9lr sc
(16:14:17)<sadboys>34 pnb lifer <3

A day (hour) in the life of frozzzen.
NagisaFurukawa said:
(15:06:59)<sadboys>3 qualifiers + 7mf/5fr sc
(15:36:23)<sadboys>19life 9lr
(15:42:24)<sadboys>18life 9lr sc
(16:14:17)<sadboys>34 pnb lifer <3

A day (hour) in the life of frozzzen.
is there a dislike button or jealous button?> :(
Dunno why you guys are acting like any of this is surprising, frozzzen's been doing this superhuman amazing runner thing for years. ;p

MF is up to 414 after a pair of 40% chancies, a plain 6 and a plain 7 MFSC dropped. High enough for the game to drop me a cold level facet. :rolleyes: Meh, was exciting for a second or two anyway.
I'm changing from my 700/520MF Berzerker running Pits, to my Blizz Sorc running AT with 520MF. I've never really been a fan of Barbs and this intense period playing them hasn't improved things.

BTW: 40 qualifiers; 1 level 85, 2 level 87, 37 level **

maareek said:
Dunno why you guys are acting like any of this is surprising, frozzzen's been doing this superhuman amazing runner thing for years. ;p

MF is up to 414 after a pair of 40% chancies, a plain 6 and a plain 7 MFSC dropped. High enough for the game to drop me a cold level facet. :rolleyes: Meh, was exciting for a second or two anyway.
Get rekt. 40 MF gloves are already better than anything I've found this entire time. ;_;

I swapped my runner full time from AT sorceress to Pit barbarian after losing my AT map... only to lose my Pit map as well shortly thereafter. Great day, etc.

More or less haven't picked up anything except a few lolrunes (Lo, Ohm, Ohm) which went into my barbarian's Grief. lolMFO. lolGripp. lolfroz.
False. Lies everywhere. Forgery. Not even kidding >_>

Sure, charms are very good, and chances are, if we were to evaluate charms as MFO loot, I'd win. Sadly, this is not case and my drops are crap. Runes were niceish (Ber Sur Ohm Vex).

But nah, with crap I got chances (or rather, lack of it) many of you will overtake me this update.
Also managed to kill singer. 1/10 nubfailetc

Nagi and grip sickoing their way to #1 #2 spots. So it's basically fight for #3 between rest of us. GL to us, they had enough of it up until now >_>
I'm not sure my score has even improved :/
NagisaFurukawa said:
I swapped my runner full time from AT sorceress to Pit barbarian after losing my AT map... only to lose my Pit map as well shortly thereafter. Great day, etc.
:( :( :( I'd rather get slapped in the face with a carp than lose a map. And two? I'm okay with just declaring you the winner over that kind of agony. T_T

I'm actually starting a new day a little ahead of schedule, so that's cool. Had a little bit of a score improvement, but the most exciting part of the day is: I'm now over 40 Perfect Amethysts from the shrine on my map. Also leveled up to 95, which is nice.
I lost my AT maps this morning and the very next one I rolled was ten times better.
TheNix said:
I lost my AT maps this morning and the very next one I rolled was ten times better.
You may be the luckiest person in this whole MFO. O_O

Sent in my update.
maareek said:
Sent in my update.
Me too. I think I might climb into the top 5 if we could count TC3's, but as it is I really don't expect to make any headway in the standings (unless someone else gave up, lol). I've already surpassed my original goal for number of runs though, so I've doubled the goal.
maareek said:
You may be the luckiest person in this whole MFO. O_O
My finds don't bear that out. Yet!!!!!!!
At least some of you are getting score improvements. I didn't get a single score improvement since first update. It would be a miracle if I stay in top 2 positions after new update. :(
How do people lose maps? You just use control panel to end the program as soon as you notice...
That is true, but not all players share view on morality of such action.
Gripphon said:
That is true, but not all players share view on morality of such action.
ah, somehow I had no idea :p

also, it's too bad the H and N keys are so close together... though they're still 1000x more reliable than clicking on the HELL box
Took my elderly cat the vet on Friday and he suggested PTS. I asked if she'd be ok over the weekend, so we spent that time spoiling her with the cat equivalent of junk food.

Anyway, zero runs so far, so no score. I'll start running now.

Hey, I'm only here to be last. :)
Foolproof way of keeping maps nubs:

UaIk1QR.jpg[]

Now be good boy scouts and go back to running. Tnx.
Oh this looks odd on this monitor. I'm wandering around the Cold Plains trying to get used to it.
Thyiad, in case you didn't notice, the Baal category was removed. Only A85 is up.
Ooh. I thought that was a typo.
In a more serious advice than frozzzen's. Just use something like a autohotkey that makes N -> H.
I like the remove the N key from the keyboard option.

I want to see someone who did that to their laptop :)
Update sent!

Code:
Corpse Spur
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 61
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Strength: 47
Required Level: 37
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x5d80474a
+54% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +37%
Adds 1-13 lightning damage
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Bone Master
Ring
Required Level: 74
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc1a0fe2b
+76 to Attack Rating
+4 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +15%
8% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit

Hour in the life of maareek? ;p
Here are the standings:

Gripphon
Nagisa
maarek
frozzzen
hernang
TheNix
Saluki
Pharphis*
uglyfred
thefranklin*
horseheadnebula
Fabian*
scrcrw

* no second update so far

And no news about omg and LiquidClear :(

Still a lot can happen. Good luck everyone!
Nagisa confirmed total madman. Grip confirmed totally insane madman. maareek confirmed totally impressed, congrats on your already very good scores, guys.
Grip insane madman agreed. I've actually only done 27 hours of running so far with 3 days left to go. Hardly an MFO caliber effort.
NagisaFurukawa said:
(...) I've actually only done 27 hours of running so far with 3 days left to go. Hardly an MFO caliber effort.
Meh, if MFO standings were based on effort, I never would've won any. Also four hours a day is a lot damnit *stamps foot.* ;p I just passed 27 hours myself.
27 hours... what drugs are you on guys? I'll finish 27h tomorrow, it seems you have advantage in that part.
More trolling in this MFO than in all other MFOs combined I think.
i'm at like 20 hours ... lol
Somehow I feel very strongly that Grip and Nagisa are both up at like 80 hours played and feeling fine while I'm sitting here with my "only" 27 hours seriously doubting my hands will hold up for 3 more days of this crap.

I dunno, Fabian, MFOs have always been pretty trolly. ;p And 60% of what I've said this whole time has been true, anyway. ;p
100% of what I have said has been true approximately 64.2% of the time. (28 hours now. Just another 79 or so to catch up to the rest of you freaks.)
maareek said:
(...) seriously doubting my hands will hold up for 3 more days of this crap.
It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing some hand fatigue. I've never done an MFO before so this speed running in the Areas is new to me - certainly a challenge. I started off doing some Baal runs and in comparison they may have been easier on the hands, having those moments of rest and more clicking and holding. I'm running a Sorceress in the Ancient Tunnels and once I got my times under a minute the fatigue started to become an issue. I would be running now, but after finding a nice score booster in the first 100 runs after work, I have declared it a rest day :)
Streamed AT for 2 hours and didn't find ANYTHING worthwhile. POOP

I got to stand in some fanat packs while cursed, though, to make pyro uneasy
maareek you are very very very close to nagisa, so that makes you a confirmed total madman also :p
nulio said:
maareek you are very very very close to nagisa, so that makes you a confirmed total madman also :p
To be honest, I assumed that was common knowledge. ;p ^_^ ...But then that means that Grip is a distance ahead of Nagisa and me? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. Grip OP, plz nerf. T_T Meh, answer is run moar.

Finally burned through the last of the Flawless Amethysts in my stashes, am up to 50 Perfect Ammys and 70 total perfect gems from this shrine so far. Maybe a crafting session will be in order in 6 months when I feel like clicking that much again. :rolleyes: Most exciting part of the past two hours: two failed unique vortex orbs fairly close together.

@Saluki: a rest day, that sounds very smart. Sadly, I am not a smart man. I'm hoping lots of stretches and breaks let me limp my way through to my goal.
Nicely said, Nulio. I'm pretty confident 3 of us at top are like 10 points apart. Very exciting competition!

67.6% of what I have said has been true approximately 100% of the time. The truth is that I've been running less than in 2 previous MFO's, even though it's still 3 days left and I might be able to surpass effort from last MFO if I get on it seriously. Which I won't ofc.
Gripphon said:
(...) Very exciting competition!. (...)
Agreed. Although I think we all know what will happen in the end: Joanna will finally realize on Saturday that (s)he signed up and will start running, beating us all easily. 100% of the time it'll happen 50% of the time.
And after that we all would be like "OMG OMG OMG".
Saluki said:
It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing some hand fatigue. I've never done an MFO before so this speed running in the Areas is new to me - certainly a challenge. I started off doing some Baal runs and in comparison they may have been easier on the hands, having those moments of rest and more clicking and holding. I'm running a Sorceress in the Ancient Tunnels and once I got my times under a minute the fatigue started to become an issue. I would be running now, but after finding a nice score booster in the first 100 runs after work, I have declared it a rest day :)
When I did my 106 hour MFO last year I had very serious hand issues starting from day 2. It started hurting after like an hour every day. I made a contraption with a pillow from my bed which helped a bit. It was quite a struggle heh.
Right I've actually started running. Yes, amazing isn't it?

I'm not using Atil because the XP sucks and well she needs XP. I found my PvP Blizz sorc and I've re-geared her and am pootling around with her. Only about 300 MF but hey ho.

Earlier I was ever so excited to see a green and a unique drop (same class) from the same boss pack. Just checked and neither score. Boo.
Code:
Soul Tower
Vortex Shield
Defense: 271
Chance to Block:  44%
Durability: 210 of 255
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 66
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xeb5f3783
+1 to Strength
+3 to Life
+20% Enhanced Defense
+52% Enhanced Damage
+114 to Attack Rating
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

There's my 27 pointer. MFOver confirmed now. GL rest of you.

You act as if a class-specific TC87 Unique is rare or something. ;p

(I feel your pain. :()
Iron golem it along with 50 ogre mauls you found.
froz, that's actually the equivalent of a 19.3 pointer. Not that it makes it that much more fun, but you know.
<Fabian_>hm only 47 hours left of MFO
<Fabian_>I should get going soon
<Nagisa>50 hour mfo still can
<Nagisa>gogogo
<Fabian_>heh getting to 50 would be pretty sick
<Fabian_>secret 115 score out of nowhere
<Nagisa>spf story of the year 2014
<Nagisa>fabian last place in mfo, pulls 47 straight hours of running to win

2cy1paa.jpg
Meh, everybody knows that Fabian lacks both the skill to run in an MFO and the luck to find anything if he were to. There's no way he could possibly compete with the true masters of the craft. Best he just sit out the rest of the show and let the real runners show him how it's done.

Fabian's whole "nobody runs MFOs anymore :(" post is why I'm running, hence why I'm half excited/half miserable, no way I'm not going to try and return the favor. Stupid MFO. Stupid Fabian. Stupid body holding me back. ;p
I found a qualifier! Really. I'm ever so excited. Now I just need four more and I'm good. :D
About 12 hours to go and after 20+hours I've still got the same two highest qualifiers I had after the first few hours. C'mon Lady Luck, smile on me!
this MFO has given me the lamest collection of qualifiers... except for the grailer I got so far :)
Right around 24 hours left here. I took most of yesterday off from running to rest up my hands, and that seemed to help a lot, so today I did what anyone as dumb as me would do: ran for ~8 hours. 39% Gheeds, 9CR/20life SC, 70 res Kira's, a ML/FCR ring and a useful qualifier with a great roll makes it a good day. There's been no score change since Wednesday night, but that's to be expected. Good luck to everyone on their final few hours of running.

Congrats on the grailer, pharphis. :)
maareek said:
Right around 24 hours left here. I took most of yesterday off from running to rest up my hands, and that seemed to help a lot, so today I did what anyone as dumb as me would do: ran for ~8 hours. 39% Gheeds, 9CR/20life SC, 70 res Kira's, a ML/FCR ring and a useful qualifier with a great roll makes it a good day. There's been no score change since Wednesday night, but that's to be expected. Good luck to everyone on their final few hours of running.

Congrats on the grailer, pharphis. :)
grail-2 !!!!

I'm at about 28 hours total. I might try for 4-5 hours tomorrow or if i'm totally crazy I'll hit 35 hours. Still ,I got a grailer so I'm satisfied enough with this MFO :p
Good luck on the last day guys! Just hoping to not finish last at this point after spending a ton of time playing DotA/FFXIV instead of D2. <_<
@pharphis: grail-2? Jeeze, that's nice. 3 ahead of me. And yeah, a grailer is always super cool once you get down below 10 or so.

...And, once again, in before Nagisa wins MFO by 30 point margin. ;p
TheNix said:
About 12 hours to go and after 20+hours I've still got the same two highest qualifiers I had after the first few hours. C'mon Lady Luck, smile on me!
Hey, this is true for me too! I still have same two highest qualifiers I got in first 1/5 of MFO. Yes Lady Luck, show us some mercy, gieb good items! It seems like all good items are going to Pharphis, Maareek and Nagisa while the rest of us must be satisfied with leftovers.
Gripphon said:
Hey, this is true for me too! I still have same two highest qualifiers I got in first 1/5 of MFO.
My result has been the opposite - my two best are my most recent. I'm still not exactly tearing it up, but my score's slowly improving. On a side note...

Close... so damn close to pure awesome :/

Ferocious Thunder Maul of Quickness
Thunder Maul
Two Hand Damage: 115 - 637
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 243
Fingerprint: 0xf43db91f
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+40% Increased Attack Speed
136% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Ethereal

Edit: Still have ~20 hours to go here.
I'm done.

I ended up doing 25 or so hours, found 76 qualifiers and still couldn't beat the best two I got within the first few hours. No grailies (still need 8), no runes above Mal, not my best effort.

Update sent!
last ditch effort!!

edit: down. stupid stream, grip got to see my struggle with sacred armors
Results sent. Last two days played almost all the time I was awake. And basicly found entirely top5 in last day. Best item I found four hours and third best item one hour before MFO closed. Heh. Sadly I was travelling in the beginning of MFO and could started playing wednesday evening so I'm not that high in final results.
I've still got 5.5 hours to fit in what I can ;) i'll send my update in about 6 hours....

The number of sacred armors I'm seeing is getting ridiculous
MFO over. Last hour and a half I hunted for that final haul pic item to have desired number of them. Well, it dropped 20 minutes before the mark, so I just continued running till midnight. It was perfectly timed to finish 150th run exactly at midnight.

It was interesting MFO. Unlike last two times, I totally don't feel sick of playing after this MFO. Yes, I spied on Phar on his stream, and that's exactly why I know he is gonna win this MFO. Guy is eating sacred armors for breakfast, they drop more regularly for him than ogre mauls.
You should have seen the 2x IK armor I got afterwards and the rare one most recently. Also, a unique ogre maul from the chest ;)

There's no way I';m going to win this MFO... in fact, the spread on my top 5 is hilariously small... so unless you think I got 5x fathom or 5x 27.x.....

I got only 1 IK armor this MFO. You are stronger. There you have it.
I'm done. Sent the results to nulio. Looking forward to seeing my usual place at the bottom of the table. :)

Good luck all.
This was quite gross MFO for me in terms of qualifiers. Not really sure how many hours invested but I did have over 300 qualifiers total. Towards the end quality and quantity got better somewhat, but at that point motivation was pretty much zero sadly.

Non qualifiers were pretty damn good - 19/8 19/11 18/9 vita/lr scs, 15life/5allress one, 15allress/12fhr GC, 34 pnb charm, 19 life cold charm, Vex Ohm, Sur, Ber, Gul and couple Ists from runes.

Obviously 12 IK mauls, 3 Rixot Keens along with standard share of tc3 uniques almost as high as tc87 didn't help with motivation even slightest. 5 facets total; all unusable. Didn't even manage to level my barb, probably due to two deaths and playing sorc+nec a good bit + rolling maps in middle of MFO. Also why you nerfed Azurewrath points. Finding two of those was just ugh.

GL to rest of you running/result sent.
Results sent
Watching phar's stream totally demotivated me, so results sent w/o any additional running. Let the battle for third place behind Gripp/maareek begin!
lol, I was about to try for a final 3 hour stretch but my wrists started hurting 5 mins in. oops

Sending score and readouts in a moment..
Final results sent. 1,393 runs through the Tunnels for me. I feel like the Diablo gods were fair. The final day was only one of two where I was unable to improve. Better items dropped at a steady pace, for the most part, which helped keep motivation up. Looking forward to the standings!
Still ~20 minutes left for me, but I've had enough. Update sent. My best 2 scoring items dropped this evening, and 4 best after the last update, so I'm guessing I've climbed the standings a little more. Still, if I come remotely close to the winners, there was a dearth of top-end items for this MFO. :rolleyes:

Overall, no grailers (still at -4) and my best rune was a Fal, so my two main goals entering the tournament (find a grailer and/or at least one high rune) didn't come through. But I finally got into the Pitbarb build enough to enjoy it properly, and as a result my total number of runs (555) more than doubled my initial goal (250) - so I had enough fun to state this MFO was a success personally even without a bunch of leet itamz.

Thanks to Fabian for hosting and nulio for supervising. Looking forward to the results, and good luck to all.
Ran right up until midnight, but I failed to get another bump in score after Wednesday night (well, last increase was somewhere around midnight wed/thurs, to be precise). Oh well, was expected, and my score is still quite good, but having a score that will be hard to improve and knowing you can't possibly win without improving it is a little rough on the spirit, to say the least. I never aim for winning an MFO, though I never stop trying to if I'm in, but I do always aim for top 5 and I'm a little worried whether I'll stay there this time. *shrug*

Anyway, just over 46 hours of AT put in, 46:07:13 if we're counting, and 3541 runs (which is probably over by 12-15 because of a couple deaths and a few hotmules) feels like a pretty good showing to me. I can tell I haven't done this lots of clicking stuff in many years, though: my hands hurt, my wrists are saying mean things about me and even my forearms are tired. Fastest run was 31.383 with 5 packs, best run was 8 packs at 38.4, best 9 pack run was somewhere over 42 seconds. Meh, never was the fastest.

Non-qualifier highlights I can remember: two Jahs, making that the highest rune I've ever picked up, a Gul, Natural GC of Sustenance, Cobalt of Vita and Garnet of Vita SCs, +4/-5 poison facet, 5/5 lightning facet, 40% chancies, 39% Gheeds and 100 Perfect Gems from my map's shrine, and I know there's more stuff that I can't remember that was pretty sweet as well. Honestly I cannot complain at all about luck for the MFO, even though I won't win.

Congrats to all those who ran on your finds. Thanks to Fabian for hosting and to nulio for being the supervisor.
Everyone was a good boy and sent the results already. My excel rocks so posting the results is just a matter of copy & paste and a few touches.

Grats to everyone! I'll comment more later.

I just need to get the read-outs of three players and then I'll make thread, etc. Or do you guys think I can do it already?
nulio, supervisor emails me with the results :) Then I'll put up the thread.

edit:

noob
Pff that is no fun!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High