MFO Summer 2013 Signups and Progress [by Fabian]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Fabian on June 14, 2013.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

It's that time again. Time to prepare your runners, to bring out the (friendly) trash talk, and to play a lot of Diablo II. I'm talking of course of the second MFO of the year!

Start time: June 28th 2013, 00:00 local time
End time: July 7th 2013, 11:59 PM local time

Total time - 10 days.

Quick Intro

For those new to the MFO, the basic jist of it is everyone picks one of 4 targets and runs that taget like mad for about a week. At the end, everyone scores their finds (updated scoresheets below) and adds up the top five finds. The players with the top scores win and they get to claim a few items from the other participants as prizes.

No proxy signups, you may only signup yourself.

The Categories

- Hell Baal
- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth).
- Level 85 Areas
- teams

-In the interest of sportsmanship, please email regular updates of your progress during the MFing week to your supervisor. These should be in the same format as your final results email (no ATMA readouts at this time), like this:

Title: SPF - MFO results
Forum name: Fabian

AT
Asteron's Iron Ward 27.8
Ravenlore 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Windforce 9.3
Windforce 9.3 (example of a duplicate find)
Total 71.7

I will need 3 category supervisors (one for each area), preferably someone who has participated in a previous MFO and will participate in this one.

Things to include in your e-mail (Progress and final upates):
-title should contain MFO
-Your forum name (PLEASE, PLEASE, I end up guessing everytime)
-The category and your top 5 items for each category you entered

-If you quit or drop out, please send your area supervisor an email or
PM saying so.

Email your score and ATMA/GoMule readouts of your top 5 to your area's supervisor within 12 hours after the end of the MFO. There's always a few people who take a long time to do it, and it holds everything up. This time, please send the results in quickly, so the area supervisors can finish their lists and send them to me quickly, so I can put up the Results Thread quickly. When you finish running, please send the results right away. It takes literally less than 2 minutes to fire off your Final Update email, and it keeps all of us from waiting a day or longer for the results.

Participants

The list of entered participants will follow.

If you're entered, try to do your best.

And if you don't think that you're capable of giving up a Windforce or
a Stormlash if you find one and lose, this probably isn't for you.

Allowed mods Any SPF FAM mod and any version 1.11 or later.

Since items are switching back and forth, you must have a current trading profile over on the SP Trading Forum.

Also, if you've been banned from trading and/or mp'ing then you will not be allowed to participate in the MFO. This will be enforced.

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in
the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including
minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.

Summary of rules:

-All intending participants must register the categories they wish to
compete in. No late entries will be accepted.

-The winning player shall be determined by the five highest-ranked
items they find during the week.

-In case of 2 players tying with the same score, the winner shall be
decided by adding in the score of the next rarest item each of them
found, then the next and so on until a clear winner is decided.

-Remember to keep eligible finds separate from the rest of your gear.

Prize distribution

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
There's a maximum of 2 items taken from each entrant per category.

I will add my own "good sportsmanship" suggestions. I won't enforce these but any reasonable person shouldn't have any problem following these.

1. Don't claim items for their trade value, claim items you want to use or as a trophy
2. If you want a trophy, please be considerate (i.e. no grailers)
3. if you claim an item and the player really wants it, give them a chance to trade back their self found item for a similar or better one or other item as you see fit.
4. If someone is claiming one of your items, you may personalize it before giving it to them.

Scoring

The system is based on the relative rarity compared to the IK
Stonecrusher, the most common elite set or unique.

Here are the score sheets (lvl 85 for both AT and other lvl 85 areas)

Baal (csv File)
lvl 85 Areas (csv File)
Act 5 SUs (csv File)

Teams

- Please only sign up for team if you are fairly certain you will be able to participate, your team will be depending on you.

- You may have up to a maximum of 5 members in a team with a minimum of 3 members (no 1 or 2 man teams)

- Each member must first be registered under the Singles MFO first.

- One member may run more than one category.

- Scoring will be based on your team's highest scores in each category.

- Multiple members in a single category is allowed. However, only the highest score of 1 member will be taken into account.

Eg. Both Fred and George are in Team CB and running Baal. Fred has a score 150 while George's is 130. Hence Team CB's score for Baal will be based on Fred's ranking.

- When registering your team here, simply state your team name and its members.

- Points will be awarded based on ranking in your category, 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, 3rd gets 8 and so on. If 2nd place is not participating in the teams competition, and 3rd is, 3rd still gets 8 points.

- Team play is just for bragging rights, participating in a team will not risk any of your MFO finds any further.

- If you do not have a team currently but wish to participate on a team. Please sign up under "Availible for teams", this will let others creating a team to know that you are available and I will create as many teams as possible with those that remain at the end.

That's it! Let the trash talking begin :) If you have any questions or comments, you can ask in this thread or you can PM me here or email me at *redacted - Pb_pal*

2013 Winter MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

2013 Winter MFO Results Thread

2013 Summer MFO Results Thread

Last edited:
I don't even know why there are other categories :p

I've been both afraid and excited for this to come back up. I guess I'll need to throw together a runner now. FoHer? novamancer? zerker/conc?
I can supervise: [email protected].

Kind of wanted to run Baal only as last resort, but just realized team will probably need it... so:
I'm also available for teams for the next person to throw in the table ;)

You know, since it's near MFO time I'm bound to find a DWeb or Mang's. Happens the week before every single time :badteeth:

I think I've decided on a novamancer to run pit/AT/CS/WS K all in one go. Should be fun and terrifying.

FoE, throw your nova gear at me plox
Count me in! I'm also free to supervise if needed
[/QUOTE]
I want to join but am unsure how/what to do.
Hmmmm.....MFO you say?

*strokes beard*
Looks like I need to re-make my trade profile.. it was on the old forums but not the incgamers one :/
Adding LC back in

Please note your version/mod status
Nilathek count as SU for MFO purposes?
Won't be able to participate in this one - Roskilde Festival (large music festival here in Denmark) is from the 29th - 7th or something and I will be drunk sleeping in a tent all week. At least that gives me an excuse for not running LK for that silly enigma :badteeth:

Yay!
Hmm, the end date is right on par with when I expect to hit 99. This could give me the motivation I'll need for the final push.
I'd love to participate in one of these, but since I don't do trades I'm just gonna wish everyone good luck!
sebhebe,

I don't know your situation specifically, but if you adhere to the forum rules, and don't mind giving stuff away, you could easily participate knowing that you wouldn't claim any prices if you'd win. That's kinda like how a lot of people do it, anyway.
Fabian said:
sebhebe,

I don't know your situation specifically, but if you adhere to the forum rules, and don't mind giving stuff away, you could easily participate knowing that you wouldn't claim any prices if you'd win. That's kinda like how a lot of people do it, anyway.
Yeah, many don't claim prizes at all. I want to 1v1 seb's novamancer in pits. Let's do this!
Excited to try my first MFO! Will be running AT with my Blizz Sorc, Champion Aristotle. Zero chance of winning since I'll only be able to play ~20 hours total, but should still be fun.
quote=pharphis]
Yeah, many don't claim prizes at all. I want to 1v1 seb's novamancer in pits. Let's do this!
Pff, I'd love to kick your *** but staying away from giving/recieving items is why I play SP atm! I'll think about it tho ;) I should try to get my Enigma before that if so. I haven't really touched the game for a while.
[/QUOTE]

Nice to see Tunnels have been re-absorbed into one alvl 85 category, means my Blizz sorc will probably get an outing as well as poisonmancer and a Javazon.
sebhehe said:
Pff, I'd love to kick your *** but staying away from giving/recieving items is why I play SP atm! I'll think about it tho ;) I should try to get my Enigma before that if so. I haven't really touched the game for a while.
Not going to happen. i'm already level 81 (45 yesterday) getting the hang of pits. Oh how I missed novamancers. . . Soon I'll put on my enigma
I'll throw my hat into the ring:

P§ÃÇHÕ - 1.13d SC

Running AT.
Psycho,

You need to link to your trade profile.

As does Daz, actually.
CRG, Nihlathaak isn't part of the act 5 SU+ category.

"- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth)."
!! Finally found greyform!

grail-12 (I think)
Fabian said:
CRG, Nihlathaak isn't part of the act 5 SU+ category.

"- Pindle+: Pindleskin (or Shenk, Eldritch, Thresh or Sharptooth)."
That was my thought, but no one answered my question above. Moved to Baal.
Count me in, but not as someone who will go competitive. I'm still not sure I will go, but pindle looks like easy win :badteeth:
Hmm, I might want to do this, but cannot guarantee how much playtime I will be able to get then. Will I get laughed at if I go for only like 10 hours and get 2 unique items? I could hand out the first rare or magical trophy maybe?
thefranklin said:
Hmm, I might want to do this, but cannot guarantee how much playtime I will be able to get then. Will I get laughed at if I go for only like 10 hours and get 2 unique items? I could hand out the first rare or magical trophy maybe?
Not if they're both tyrael's ;)
come back to your roots kestegs! resistance is futile! (except lightning resist)
thefranklin said:
Will I get laughed at if I go for only like 10 hours and get 2 unique items?
No, that's pretty much what I do every MFO.

;)
Am I the only one wanting kick some Pindle ***?
glhf with this one ^^
Thyiad said:
No, that's pretty much what I do every MFO.

;)
Who says we're not laughing at you every MFO?

*quickly hides*
I can inefficiently run AT with a sorc, or hopefully my current level 26 Fishyzon will be to the WSK to run that even less efficiently.

All depends on how much time I get to play. If I don't get two Tyreals I will be going after Kegs.
Where is all the smack talk?

*smacks fabian's barb's butt('s)*
I'll join in the Pindle+ category. I'm loving the odds for a top 2 finish.
pharphis said:
Where is all the smack talk?

*smacks fabian's barb's butt('s)*
Careful, that could get you 30 days, Jerome Ochocinco.

I'll be working that week, so won't have as much time to run as I'd like. Which is too bad, because I was hoping to have a chance at 2nd :/
Dazliare said:
I'll be working that week, so won't have as much time to run as I'd like. Which is too bad, because I was hoping to have a chance at 2nd :/
You think you'll be able to beat Fabian? Big words there ;)
(think about it)
I'm hoping for a 15 hour MFO, fwiw. I think you can shoot higher than second place.

(not great trash talk, I know)
Nope! Just you Pharph ;)

EDIT: Fabian - we'll have to see what happens then! I can't stand levelling my barb, so he'll probably stay at 89 until the MFO, but otherwise he's quite well optimized for it (785 mf iirc). Should be some interesting results, seeing the big names taking part.

I'm not sure how much time I'm hoping to invest yet
You people are far too intense for your own good. >_>

785 MF is like 2x both my characters combined. :(
I have like 200? Lol.

Well, my charm set is non-existent at this point.
And no way, daz. I was suggesting I would be 1st ;)
Fabian said:
Psycho,

As does Daz, actually.
Yeah, must've overlooked that. Could've sworn I had a Trader Profile, but I guess things get deleted if you're inactive for long enough :durf:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?846904-Trader-Profile-P%A7%DD%C7H%D5
Fabian said:
Psycho,

As does Daz, actually.
My bad, I didn't even noticed I ctrl-v'd the wrong link -.-

Edit because I copied the wrong table. Thanks stegs
Actually:

P§ÃÇHÕ - 1.13d SC with RWM
There were 4 in Baal and 2 in pindle, so I think you got it messed up again.

You guys better hope I don't find the motivation to play.
Now when pharphis is being so cocky I'm really gonna have to set up a trade profile and join this.

Would be epic to win, take items from him and sell them to vendor. But that's a bit too harsh... to anyone! :D
sebhehe said:
Now when pharphis is being so cocky I'm really gonna have to set up a trade profile and join this.

Would be epic to win, take items from him and sell them to vendor. But that's a bit too harsh... to anyone! :D
I dare you.
That is pretty harsh.

Much better to turn them into iron golems ;)
sebhehe said:

Not too harsh, pharphis would just deed then anyway :)
sebhehe said:

Please win and sell a Tyrael's...
Jcakes said:
Not too harsh, pharphis would just deed then anyway :)
I'm having my doubts on him surviving the MFO in the first place..
FredOfErik said:
I'm having my doubts on him surviving the MFO in the first place..
No way. you keep telling me to use gear that will make me more likely to die (dweb) but i'm playing it safe with max block + res. I don't have enough exp in pits yet.
pharphis said:
No way. you keep telling me to use gear that will make me more likely to die (dweb) but i'm playing it safe with max block + res. I don't have enough exp in pits yet.
I was the one suggesting max block! And yes, use dweb, you are a poisonmancer :badteeth:
Wait, wait, phar is running with all your poisonmancer gear, with max block, in the pits? Lololololol. Just say goodbye to your gear now fred.
This team competition is shaping up to be one for the ages!

Just so you guys don't win by default. >_> Need to sucker those Croatians into this thing.
Sign up to slacking again, I hope I will not forgot that I signed up when I will be back from my trip to Turkey
and nagisa: if you want to be in team like last time again, I would like to play with you, but you must change name of team from kittens because the same, you are not kittens team, that is reserved for darkoo, zaliquai and his boys and I will never play for kittens
so let me know :)
I'll join whatever team people want me in
Stop trying to kill off Kittens just because Alchemists are too old for this. :badteeth:

PvP team or whatever it was last time is fine.
pharphis said:
I'll join whatever team people want me in
The losing team? :loving:
Now I need to decide on character. Such pain. Actually have good pit map on necro now or good old AT... decisions...
When did mephisto get removed from the MFO? *sniffle*
Drixx said:
When did mephisto get removed from the MFO? *sniffle*
When people stopped caring about the stuff he could drop? ;)

If I can ever remember to check this thread from my computer I'll sign up in A85. I doubt I'll put in much effort, but I'll at least find a top 5.
Mephisto has some perfectly useful drops. As someone who plays HC only, I regularly go on mephisto murdering sprees.

I guess I was just curious. I did used to run this tournament after all :)
Mephisto, eh? Not mephisto the unholy or puke mephisto or something? Weird, haven't seen that one at all w/ 75k+ bosspacks. Must be ultra rare. Does it have different drop rates like higher JMoD chance, or?
I don't know when it was removed, but I think it was before my time. 2007 maybe? 2008?

So pretty much a few years after anyone last cared about Mephisto, which I'm guessing was 2006 or so.
I'll try to get some character ready to join. But one thing is certain, I will not go crazy like last Summer!
Anything more I have to do to join this tournament :) ?
Send me pecan pie.
Raise your hand if you're using MFO to push to 99.

:raiseshand:
I'm, uhh, using the MFO to push to 94. Pretty similar.
I hope I didn't miss/did something wrong on the Trader Profile! I'm looking forward to this tho! :D

Btw, two questions!

I don't mule or use any mule program, so keeping all of the found items for the tourney is going to be hard (read impossible). Can I let some moderator or so hold them for me?

Can I choose what items I enter to the tournament?
sebhehe said:
Btw, two questions!

I don't mule or use any mule program, so keeping all of the found items for the tourney is going to be hard (read impossible). Can I let some moderator or so hold them for me?

Can I choose what items I enter to the tournament?
You could just create an ATMA stash for holding the items you won't keep (and then delete them after MFO) - in case you have to give away any items, you will need to email them in an ATMA/GoMule stash anyways and you will have to post ATMA/GoMule readouts of the item.

Afaik, the only items that you "enter" the tournament with is your top 5 - which consist of your 5 highest scoring items. You can't choose to exclude any items from it.
All qualifiers (elite Uniques/Sets) are eligible for taking though. I don't tend to pick up most of them, but anything that someone might like to steal, I will probably keep. There's no rule saying you have to pick everything up though, certainly not.

Like Fred suggests, I'd make an ATMA stash of everything you pick up/keep (I mean, you have to keep your high scoring qualifiers at the very very minimum to get a score), and anything you don't want to keep afterwards (and doesn't get stolen) you can obviously just delete.
So this means I've gotta go get ATMA... damnit I hoped I didn't need too.

Some time cleared up during the weekdays (read: my girlfriend will be working 8-6) so I'm looking forward to grinding a lot more on this than I expected. Will be running AT with a SC Blizz Sorc with 579 MF.

Some nice hopes:
-Will definitely make 94 (40 mil away), hope to make some of a dent towards 95
-Find bases for Fortitude and Infinity
-Find a Kira's Guardian for the merc
Probably running with my AT blizzer. I think I'll hit lvl 96 during MFO =]

Best of luck all!
How come noone wants to join us in Pindle? And what happens if we are the only ones?
I like the number of people in A85, so will join the show there.
I'll put myself in before I forget.....
queenEm said:
How come noone wants to join us in Pindle? And what happens if we are the only ones?
I'd like to run Pindle actually. It's just... MFO is maybe too good time and motivation to hunt that one Sacred Armor for me, you know.

It's a pity there's only two of you though. Maybe I'll put up a Pindle barb, and run a bit too. Don't know. Maybe better to put full effort to one category... :)
I'm still not sure what will I run so:
omg, 15 people are going to be pretty mad when I get first.
pharphis said:
omg, 15 people are going to be pretty mad when I don't find anything they want to take.
Ftfy .
kestegs said:
I am error
ftfy .
Thinking about changing some gear. Does anyone have the unique drop MF breakpoints handy? I only need the ones over 700.
kestegs said:
Thinking about changing some gear. Does anyone have the unique drop MF breakpoints handy? I only need the ones over 700.
Used atma to come up with these a while back. I think they are correct but won't promise anything:

Code:
FredOfErik's are correct.
What's with the distribution? >_> Moar people in Baal please. :(
lolBaal. I'm tempted to remove it from the MFO entirely in the future, we'll see about that.

Good luck tomorrow guys. I don't know if I have any motivation myself, it kinda comes and goes. We'll see tomorrow.

Since we lack supervisors, we'll skip the mid-week reporting this time. It kinda ruined things in the Winter MFO anyway, so no big loss if you ask me.

[highlight]E-mail me your top 5, with readouts, after you're done running next Sunday.[/highlight] Don't wait until Monday night or whatever, I get annoyed by that stuff and chances are your score will fail to appear. It literally takes 90 seconds to do and makes the results thread come up that much faster. My email is fabbe _ sjoblom @ hotmail . com. Thanks.
Remove baal from the game in 1.13e, please.
I performed quite poorly in the winter, but how did mid week reporting ruin it? I don't recall.

Also, about baal. I'm not convinced it's worth removing him completely just yet. We all know pindle/lvl 85s are significantly better for mfing, but I think the MFO is great motivation for those pushing for lvl 99. While there aren't many people actively trying, out of 25 people participating, I think it's worth keeping baal for the 3-4 doing baal for xp. If anything, it helps with the monotony of baal runing

Just my 2 cents :)
Thanks, foE!

I like the mid week updates, they're good for motivation. People just got a bit too loose with their info last round.
Second Post: So what else do I need to join this schmozzle?

Joining to waste space and to make the winner feel better 'cause of beating more players. I promise to do a few runs!
Dazliare said:
I performed quite poorly in the winter, but how did mid week reporting ruin it? I don't recall.
This is completely individual, but I remember them ruining my motivation completely - I though I had a decent score (just below 50 or so) after 3 days or whatever. I knew I wasn't gonna be in the lead, but was pretty sure I was still in the race - however, then seeing my self in last place more or less killed my motivation to putting in more hours.

That being said, I remember enjoying the updates very much in previous MFOs. I dunno. I'm not playing in this, so I don't care :p
FredOfErik said:
This is completely individual, but I remember them ruining my motivation completely - I though I had a decent score (just below 50 or so) after 3 days or whatever. I knew I wasn't gonna be in the lead, but was pretty sure I was still in the race - however, then seeing my self in last place more or less killed my motivation to putting in more hours.

That being said, I remember enjoying the updates very much in previous MFOs. I dunno. I'm not playing in this, so I don't care :p
We're lacking in the alvl 85 category though, we need you!
Psycho, well you should add yourself to the list like everyone else has I suppose.

kestegs, well as I say, regardless what you think of the mid-week updates, there are no supervisors anyway.
well, changing my gear around din't net me the increase I had hoped for so I went back. It could be worth it if I had the 7 MF/resist charms to make up for 80 all resist, but I don't.

So I'll just stick with my meager 836 MF :(

So preparations are complete and I'm ready to go for tomorrow.

@Fabian: That's fine, no worries.
At least drop an MF charm and replace with.. whatever, mana/life or something. 8 MF over a breakpoint is just ugly, man! Also, is there a currentish write-up on your character? Or if not, how about a quick breakdown?
I could, but I really don't need anything else.

Don't think anything had drastically changed in a couple years on him. And I'm not at home to check stuff and haven't played him in 6 months.

But basically:

Tele stomp
Howl
Sing
Merc kills bad thing
Hork
Repeat
Someone find me HC runez so I can join this.
FredOfErik said:
Used atma to come up with these a while back. I think they are correct but won't promise anything:
Hey, thanks a lot! That saved some time for me too, I was about to check those today...

My sorc is at 718... well, I could let it be, but I'll give Meph a shot now. My War Travs are only 36mf, seems like the most "easy" way to reach next bp. Requires some luck in such a short time of course. I could throw some Ists in Shako and Tal plate instead of perf topazes, too.

edit: Lo from fifth run, now show me those damn golden Battle Boots, I ain't seeking for hrs :-d
Pyrotechnician said:
Someone find me HC runez so I can join this.
Which ones?
zgpmf said:
Which ones?
I was just complaining in general, if I'm going to run in this, my most efficient would of course be a blizz sorc in AT, but I've done pits with my beserk barb before despite the lack of enigma.
zgpmf, man, why is your name not on here? I thought you were doing 110 hours :(
Good luck to people who start running soon!
I'm usually asleep by about 22:00, so my first runs won't be until tomorrow morning. Hoping for some early luck :)
Hope I've done that right, the only mod I use is the Runeword Mod. I have no idea what 'FAM' and 'FTS' mean at all.
Fabian said:
zgpmf, man, why is your name not on here? I thought you were doing 110 hours :(
I don't think I'll need that much for a win but we'll see.
Throwing myself in last minute! I expect to get last!
Just adjusting myself to SC... didn't put in the time to have my HC chars ready lol
Awww...I wanna be on team PoE!

Psycho:

FAM= Forum Accepted Mods
FTS= Full Trade Status

FTS doesn't exactly fit in this context, putting FAM makes the most sense really.
kestegs said:
Awww...I wanna be on team PoE!

Psycho:

FAM= Forum Accepted Mods
FTS= Full Trade Status

FTS doesn't exactly fit in this context, putting FAM makes the most sense really.
Oh. Then in that case 'FAM'. Trololol.

MFO hasn't started in your time zone yet? Come watch me find Tyrael's on stream!

www.twitch.tv/FabianSPF

(note: very boring stream, don't watch)

Edit: lags way too much, so never mind. grr!
omg would watch/10

fabbyyyyyyy
kestegs said:
Does anyone have the unique drop MF breakpoints handy? I only need the ones over 700.
This reminds me of Tommy Boy "know where the weight room is?" line, but a really nerdy diablo version.

ATBarbstegs: "Know the MF breakpoints over 700?"
Charsi's hot younger sister: Puzzled look at ATBarbstegs.
ATBarbstegs: "I'll go calculate them out."
Looks like you guys killed PSYCHO. >_> Added back in.

Made name change again to satisfy Fabian as well. /o/
:jig::jig: :cloud9: :jig::jig:

First run and, still groggy from my preparatory slumber, I find myself debating whether to pick up another oculus or not...

WAIT what is that ORANGE CANDY?? Rune grail complete!!!!!!! with the last piece coming from the big baddie himself. It's gonna be a nice MFO.

Good luck to everyone!
If you're not bored enough already and want to watch me deed out of boredom with 5min runs, go to:
I'll watch for a bit, maybe I can pick up a few tricks.
I was hoping for a good early drop to boost my low motivation.

First qualifier was an IK maul. -.-
Ha! Not bad. It only goes up from here?
First qualifier came this morning with Alma Negra! Pretty happy about that, considering it's a grailer hahaha
You really shouldn't post your good qualifiers here. I only did it because mine was bad.
Oh, right, hahah. I'll keep them to myself for the rest of the mfo :) Good luck stegs!
Two tyrael's found so far! Pindle rocks!
Oh man, so lucky!
Nulio and his stick with nail, such a haxxor.
First lesson learned from this MFO: I am really really slow at muling.

Second lesson: When you are a Sur away from an Enigma for your future Telezerker, you should level him past 30. Especially when you find a Sur on Day 1 of the MFO. (Planning to add all my runes to the Item Find Thread at the end of the MFO...I assume more will be on their way.)
Why did I think this started at the end of July? Don't know. Need to now find a good Baal map, re-spec and hit it!
First run of AT and found my first qualifying item.. Wouldn't this be a lovely pattern to follow.
I'm activating rage mode earlier than usual this time.

Give me something good or I'll quit!
Baal is so depressing. >_> How to even get 5 scoring items?

he should drop lots of wizzehs. :p

All crap here so far but I'm not going to complain because I've barely played. I wasn't even motivated to find a good map beforehand, but I think I may have one now <3

edit: 45@ zakarum shield + 64@ kira's. Not bad!
50 runs and 5 qualifiers. Meh.
Kestegs, I've done 338 runs and only gotten 17, and I thought my luck was actually pretty good. Think you'll be ok.
I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings. Had some decent luck today, but the last 75 runs or so have been pretty dry. Good luck to all!
5/4 cold facet? :)
What's the magic /p level for AT? I'm currently on 5 and it's going pretty well I think.
/p1 is always the magic level :p

if you're going for exp and hoping to do well I think p3 is a good compromise.
With my /p5 right now.. takes me on average like 1:25 to get through on average 5 in AT
Virtue said:
With my /p5 right now.. takes me on average like 1:25 to get through on average 5 in AT
Example: Horror Mage boss in Ancient Tunnels, 450 mf, /p1, odds for example Death's Fathom is ~1/71k
Horror Mage boss in Ancient Tunnels, 450 mf, /p5, odds for example Death's Fathom is ~1/71k

Story of the day: when magic finding, hunting unique/champion packs down as fast as possible (/p1) is most likely the best way to get as many uniqe items as possible. Players setting does affect minions' drop odds, but those are insanely low any way for anything decent.

If you like exp and runes too, it's a different story (...and maybe some chars clear just as fast on /p1 than /p3, or almost, but I'd guess players 1 makes most sense for MFO ;)
Crazy Runner Guy said:
Why did I think this started at the end of July? Don't know. Need to now find a good Baal map, re-spec and hit it!
Done! Meph was stingy with his essence and items (ran with mf blizz sorc). Map took three rerolls and good enough.
NagisaFurukawa said:
Baal is so depressing. >_> How to even get 5 scoring items?
Agreed, he's terrible.
Grape said:
Example: Horror Mage boss in Ancient Tunnels, 450 mf, /p1, odds for example Death's Fathom is ~1/71k
Horror Mage boss in Ancient Tunnels, 450 mf, /p5, odds for example Death's Fathom is ~1/71k

Story of the day: when magic finding, hunting unique/champion packs down as fast as possible (/p1) is most likely the best way to get as many uniqe items as possible. Players setting does affect minions' drop odds, but those are insanely low any way for anything decent.

If you like exp and runes too, it's a different story (...and maybe some chars clear just as fast on /p1 than /p3, or almost, but I'd guess players 1 makes most sense for MFO ;)
Is that right? Monsters drop with the same odds at p1 and p5?
Even if unlikely, I have found a Death's fathom and many other good items from regular monsters rather than bosses. So I wouldn't discount them completely.. To be honest though, I never did magic find in the traditional sense, rather p8 full clears.

Edit: Just realised you were talking about a boss monster, which indeed doesn't change on player setting.. my bad.
zaphodbrx said:
Is that right? Monsters drop with the same odds at p1 and p5?
Even if unlikely, I have found a Death's fathom and many other good items from regular monsters rather than bosses. So I wouldn't discount them completely.. To be honest though, I never did magic find in the traditional sense, rather p8 full clears.

Edit: Just realised you were talking about a boss monster, which indeed doesn't change on player setting.. my bad.
Yes, boss monsters that is. Yeah, every now and then regular monsters drop tc87 etc. too, just a lot less - almost all my high-end uniques are from bosses iirc. Though I've been running more on /p1, only lately some /p7 pits with my hammerdin, great fun with more exp and runes :)
Do we have supervisors to email mid-week results to?
CRG, no mid-week updates this time, see the discussion around pages 10-11 of this thread.
Describe Pain:

Having a double durability Seraph Rod drop in the Lost Tunnels because it wasn't from a champion or boss pack.
P§ÃÇHÕ said:
Describe Pain:

Having a double durability Seraph Rod drop in the Lost Tunnels because it wasn't from a champion or boss pack.
But mostly because there isn't a set or unique seraph rod? :p
pharphis said:
Or because there's no such area as lost tunnels?
Shouldn't Kira's Guardian be a qualifier in lvl85/Pindle areas? It is on the Baal list (equivalent there to Stormshield and Marrowwalks and Gladiator's Bane), and it's of course a unique Elite class helm.

Finally found a good Ethereal Demonhead, punched 3 holes in it, and put Delirium on my merc. It's made runs fun again! Barely need to use Rejuvs at all anymore.
endlesscircuit said:
Shouldn't Kira's Guardian be a qualifier in lvl85/Pindle areas? It is on the Baal list (equivalent there to Stormshield and Marrowwalks and Gladiator's Bane), and it's of course a unique Elite class helm.
I thought tiara was exceptional version of circlet. Diadem being the elite...
You're right, Flavie led me astray.

I'm so glad this goes until the 7th.. Over the next 3 days I probably have time for like 3 hours of playtime ._.
pharphis said:
Exactly! And because I've had Magic Legendary Mallets and all that jazz so far.
kestegs said:
Or because there's no such area as lost tunnels?
Yeah. I'm terribly tired, hahah...
Allright, first qualifier (only took ~55 runs). You guys are in trouble now!
This has gotta be worth 1/2 a point...
Oh, it's MFO.

I did some running, standard p7 pit runs with poison nec, got Jah and Gul, but seriously, I do need runes. Only reason to run with nec is to get runes and like...nothing. Just stinky Jah. Kinda do feel depressed on this.

Thread so silent. Anyone even running? >_>
We all are probably occupied with running so we don't have time to post things. 25 hours done here, will be 30 till the end of third day. Don't know will I hold this tempo, it's so hard. Wrists don't hurt yet, but they might from tomorrow on. Good thing is I didn't die yet so leveling is going as planned.
frozzzen said:
Thread so silent. Anyone even running? >_>
I've done 1500~ AT runs over the weekend. Results are quite bad so far... I'm waiting to hit some hot streak of high qualifiers, probably never gonna happen -.-
Yeah running. One Sur, one griller so far. And the usual standard MFO qualifiers. Still considering how many runs I usually do, I am probably beating my best score already.
Scored first decent find of the MFO this morning, 6M XP into it.
Looking at the scoring sheet makes me appreciate the finds i've had on my way to 99, stingy keep dwellers...
By the way, does anyone know why Death's Web edges out .6 higher than the other 2? I thought these 3 were equally rare.

Code:
Astreon's Iron Ward  230.4
Mang Song's Lesson   230.4
Death's Web          231
I'm 480 pit runs in (been a busy weekend). Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with the drops so far. Highest rune drop is Io, and my qualifiers have not been the quality I was hoping for. Alas, we'll see what happens today!
I'm not cut out for this sort of thing. I've only done 10 hours so far and I'm already so bored that I'm power-shopping Anya for claws to take a break.
ziambe said:
By the way, does anyone know why Death's Web edges out .6 higher than the other 2? I thought these 3 were equally rare.
The Archon Staff and Caduceus weapon types have quality level 85 while the Unearthed Wand weapon type has quality level 86. The quality level of the base item has a slight impact on the change of a given item rolling unique making Death's Web slightly rarer than the other two.

This interaction also depends upon the level of the monster dropping the item, so IIRC the slight increase in rarity from the quality level 86 base item is reduced slightly for monsters with higher levels, such as Baal at 99 relative to a 86 Pindleskin or level ** area level 85 unique.
endlesscircuit said:
I'm not cut out for this sort of thing. I've only done 10 hours so far and I'm already so bored that I'm power-shopping Anya for claws to take a break.
Ouch.

Also, I've only done like 2 hours?
*disappointed in self*

ziambe said:
This has gotta be worth 1/2 a point...
Lol, that's pretty awesome!

pharphis said:
Ouch.

Also, I've only done like 2 hours?
*disappointed in self*

I'm still at 50 runs and 5 qualifiers. 0 motivation to play right now, especially when other people have already put in so many runs :p
We need more teams! Only 1 or 2 teams for now?
Team Pyro - Autolose function activated.
What should I be expecting when it comes to 10 point qualifiers? I'm rounding the 600 run mark without a single one, and it's killing my motivation :(
Hmm... I guess I've averaged qualifier every 20 runs and every 20th qualifier was TC 87 (9.3+ points) in AT. I'm a bit more lucky on quality vs quantity this MFO, but those were rough numbers for me at least.
That sounds like pretty bad luck Daz. Like, probably not bottom 3% bad luck, but probably not that far off either. That's rough.

If it's any consolation, in the last summer MFO I had a 10½ hour streak with no TC87s and no haul pic items (9.3+ qualifiers in my book). This finally ended with a Unique Berserker Axe, and then 10 minutes later a Tyrael's dropped. So, you know, keep on keepin' on.

frozzzen said:
Hmm... I guess I've averaged qualifier every 20 runs and every 20th qualifier was TC 87 (9.3+ points) in AT. I'm a bit more lucky on quality vs quantity this MFO, but those were rough numbers for me at least.
Grape,

1500 AT runs in a weekend? The hell man? You trying to break my record or something? Thought that was up to zgpmf.
I don't quit so easily, so hopefully today brings some better results. Yesterday was just disappointing

Edit: I should mention, I run at 780 MF
Daz, you don't want to go around mentioning your decent/good finds though. That's kinda one of the main points of the MFO.
Oh I know, I was just saying it as a metric for the luck I've had so far

Edit: edited out my finds from the post above. My apologies.
Fabian said:
Grape,

1500 AT runs in a weekend? The hell man? You trying to break my record or something? Thought that was up to zgpmf.
If I could've avoided social life I could have made it to 2000 I believe :D . Now my next runs are going to be monday evening or so. No way I'm gonna break that record... mon-fri 8 hours per day@work, we'll see how many runs I can push on evenings, some day I may not run at all.

Btw, I strongly believe that I hit that 5-3%/what ever bottom with no tc87s. I'm not on a my computers and can't check actual hours without a +9.3 qualifier, but it was a lots. When I made my last runs earlier today my luck hadn't changed yet.

Compared to my (imo) decent score and ok luck in the Kitteh's casual AT tournament this is just horrible :badteeth: gotta just keep running I guess
Pyrohemia said:
The Archon Staff and Caduceus weapon types have quality level 85 while the Unearthed Wand weapon type has quality level 86. The quality level of the base item has a slight impact on the change of a given item rolling unique making Death's Web slightly rarer than the other two.

This interaction also depends upon the level of the monster dropping the item, so IIRC the slight increase in rarity from the quality level 86 base item is reduced slightly for monsters with higher levels, such as Baal at 99 relative to a 86 Pindleskin or level ** area level 85 unique.
Ah brilliant, thank you.

Finished for the weekend. Exhausted but satisfied. Thank god Baal's minions are included or this would just be pure sadism.
How many runs have you done to get that much exp...? >_> Baal category too crazy.
Picked up a half-decent Bow Skiller with +12 Life. Apart from that I got overly excited about a Unique Templar Coat, until my Alzheimers pissed off and I remembered Templar Coat isn't Elite.
Finally got a decent qualifier from Baal. Might not finish last after all! Random hour here and there of AT/CS really helping keep the motivation up, but nothing yet there.
Just depressed myself by putting my finds into the scoresheet. With one exception, quantity not quality :(
maxicek said:
Just depressed myself by putting my finds into the scoresheet. With one exception, quantity not quality :(
I'm more or less in the same boat. Just gonna have to see what today brings :)
Don't feel bad guys, I did some pretend runs with my Blizz Sorc, just to see how I would do since I'm not actually signed up (and not going to). I went from level ** to 90 and found 5 qualifiers total, all under 4 in score.

Just think to yourself, at least I'm doing better than Pyro would!
End of first weekend and all-but the end of my running for the MFO - lots of stuff planned for weekend and laptop likely isn't going to get used. Plenty of qualifiers, enough decent ones to make me pleased with my progress, and we'll see where it goes from here.

Also, impressed by Grape's 780 MF AT runner, made blizz sorc /w with 800 (and short about 10 b/c of 6% vs. 7% charms) MF just to see how s/he could be done. Granted my runner has something like -70/-40/-70/-70 res, but hey, what are you going to do?
Crazy Runner Guy said:
End of first weekend and all-but the end of my running for the MFO - lots of stuff planned for weekend and laptop likely isn't going to get used. Plenty of qualifiers, enough decent ones to make me pleased with my progress, and we'll see where it goes from here.

Also, impressed by Grape's 780 MF AT runner, made blizz sorc /w with 800 (and short about 10 b/c of 6% vs. 7% charms) MF just to see how s/he could be done. Granted my runner has something like -70/-40/-70/-70 res, but hey, what are you going to do?
I think it's Dazliare who's running with 780 mf. My AT blizz sorc is 719 MF atm iirc. =] Resists enough to survive a CE/LE boss long enough to chuck a juv :--D 65 fcr as well.
I won't be impressed until I see a 1167 MF Leaping Barb with a 538 MF Act 3 Merc who performs all the kills.
endlesscircuit said:
I won't be impressed until I see a 1167 MF Leaping Barb with a 538 MF Act 3 Merc who performs all the kills.
<3

Also, those res number and fcr numbers make me cry
endlesscircuit said:
I will make this build. I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN
Dazliare said:
I will make this build. I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN
Sure....

Only 26 ists and a bunch of gear that doesn't even exist on the spf :p
Grape said:
I think it's Dazliare who's running with 780 mf. My AT blizz sorc is 719 MF atm iirc. =] Resists enough to survive a CE/LE boss long enough to chuck a juv :--D 65 fcr as well.
pharphis said:
Also, those res number and fcr numbers make me cry
I'd be really interested to see these setups once the MFO is done.

I'm currently leveling some single player characters so I can join the next MFO. Kestegs mentioned this event and it sounded really cool to me. But alas I always played on bnet. I keep reading these updates and I wish I could participate. Good stuff guys.

And I agree some of these MF numbers and builds people are running sound pretty interesting.
I'm at work now, but I'll post my barb's build once the mfo ends.
My sorc is just a "basic" 3 tal-pieces, occu, spirit, rest mf. I'll save the mega-awesome readouts of her uberrgear for the meet the olympians... ;) I'm in hopes I could upgrade her some during the rest MFO, next mf bp isn't far away

1800~ runs in now. I'll hit lvl 96 tomorrow (almost all from /p1 AT) if I don't die..
Grape said:
1800~ runs in now. I'll hit lvl 96 tomorrow (almost all from /p1 AT) if I don't die..
You are a beast man, rock on!

Let's talk boss packs ppl. How many on your map?
4-8, with 5 being the mode. The ones with 7-8 feel good, although occasionally I only get 3 because I don't check all the spawns. I have no clue about maps and what is good or not, but the stairs were close enough to the wp for me.
I generally get anywhere from 4-6 in Ancient Tunnels.
I know I haven't been running as much as I should but NO qualifyers? Come on Pindle; give me some nice things.

Did find a nice amulet that I have never seen before though, Atma's scarab.
AT: 4-8, very rarely 9, average around 6.25.
CS: 2-5 in ROF, 4-8 in CS, no idea about average.
Baal: WSK map is extremely short, but still 2-5 along the way to throne. I only bother hitting 1-2 though.
NagisaFurukawa said:
AT: 4-8, very rarely 9, average around 6.25.
CS: 2-5 in ROF, 4-8 in CS, no idea about average.
Baal: WSK map is extremely short, but still 2-5 along the way to throne. I only bother hitting 1-2 though.
6.25 is quite a lot :)
and you are right, alchemist are really old, onone except me is active player right now but with original kittens is very simillar they are quite equally old as we are :)
I hope someone from them is still looking for MFO threads

btw. today morning I just realised I am running MFO, I have like two days to do some runs because on thursday I am going to alps so I am expecting total victory from my side, especially when today evening I am going to drink a lot
Two qualifiers last night (now with 24 total) from Baal and Co., but neither were worth enough to break my top 5.
ziambe said:
You are a beast man, rock on!

Let's talk boss packs ppl. How many on your map?
Hahah, rock on indeed! I don't feel like a beast though, I just managed a fine amount of runs during that one weekend =D

Runs are nowhere near as fast as I hope I could get. My avg run time is now about 48-49s with a avg of 5.6 boss packs (calculated a while back, 100 runs sample). I imagined I could achieve some 45-46s runs If I try hard, eh. Well, on the other hand those run times are quite relaxing playing so I can easily play with that pace for hours..

6.25 bosspacks average in AT?! That's nice! Runtimes? :p I could also get my avg a bit higher by killing all bosspacks, map ain't good enough to do that, takes a lot longer then...
Well.. I now qualify at least.. finally hit 5 drops.
Pit, average 7.3 boss packs (110 runs). It could be better but it's near the monastery gates so I'll keep it.
I'm running with a barb (the one in Fabian's guide but with not so extreme equipment), avg 80 seconds after 500 runs.
11% of the qualifiers I've found are Ondal's Almighty helms :badteeth:
I ran Pit with poisonmancer, but he became very boring. Everything is the same, teleport there, spam nova, spam CE bla bla. Not skill intensive, not challenging, just go and spam. Now I decided to run with my pit barb which is not exactly great character compared to some others. Using budget belt and such, kinda lowish MF considering it's pit berserker, but still good enough. Most importantly, he is challenging and interesting to play, unlike necro when you could fall asleep. Almost.
Did you find runes with the poisonmancer? I agree about the barb, it was interesting getting him to hell, howl and taunt are awesome skills.
Yes, I did. Poisonmancer is great at finding runes. Also found nice charms. Will post everything at the end of MFO.
I hate how bored I am of this novamancer. I loved it in SC like 2 years ago. I'm going to have to turn this guy into a party cower :(

I've only done like 3 hours :/
Got my pit nec to 97. I think MFO is more or less over for me as far as motivation goes. Runes are meh, Jah Ohm Gul Gul. Nothing to write home about.

But it looks like everyone and their mom is playing zerker pitbarb so necs don't have any room for competition anyway. But much more entertaining class to play if nothing else.
frozzzen said:
Got my pit nec to 97. I think MFO is more or less over for me as far as motivation goes. Runes are meh, Jah Ohm Gul Gul. Nothing to write home about.

But it looks like everyone and their mom is playing zerker pitbarb so necs don't have any room for competition anyway. But much more entertaining class to play if nothing else.
Very nice level. How many runs or hours would you estimate for 98?
frozzzen said:
But it looks like everyone and their mom is playing zerker pitbarb so necs don't have any room for competition anyway.
Best class is the best. :jig:

pharphis said:
Very nice level. How many runs or hours would you estimate for 98?
Total XP needed is 267M but you get only 35k XP per run on avg. So I guess somewhere around 150 hours or so. That's on players 7, 70 sec runs.

Challenge not accepted.
So, I naively thought it might be possible to have better seconds/bosspack ratio with Pit barb against my last MFO Pindle barb. But, no matter how hard I try, just can't beat it. Close to it, perhaps, but not better. 5.57 sec per bosspack in Pit vs 5.22 sec per bosspack at Pindle. Just impossible, it requires totally mad map to be able to do it. Or I should somehow do sub 60 second runs which is...
Grip, well there's the challenge!

And anyway, having a great Pindle character is like having a great Mephisto character. Nice Tyrael's pal, only item that matters after a while.
Fabian said:
And anyway, having a great Pindle character is like having a great Mephisto character.

About Tyrael, we all know that item actually doesn't exist. There are rumours some saw it, but not confirmed yet.
Can we even use it in the Moor?
:banghead: Just mis-clicked and lost may map FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THE MFO :banghead:
maxicek said:
:banghead: Just mis-clicked and lost may map FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THE MFO :banghead:
I thought you could terminate the Diablo 2 process in some way to prevent the new map from being saved? I vaguely remember something like that from when I played many years ago.
I just sent my finaly score to fabian, more time then by running to find some qualifier I spent finding mail to someone who is caregory supervisor then I realised, there are no category supervisors :)

today I am going to alps so I can not run rest of week
good luck to all runners and I hope my favourites to which I bet to them will win :)
jeffy said:
I thought you could terminate the Diablo 2 process in some way to prevent the new map from being saved? I vaguely remember something like that from when I played many years ago.
Tried it, didn't work. I'm really de-motivated now, I hate re-rolling maps.
So, respeced my Pit barb and improved him thanks to Fabian and Frozzzen. It turned out I had too low AR, so invested more dex to get it higher. Result is unbelievable, it felt like I played completely new barb. Amazing change with improvement from 80-85% to 95% chance to hit. Still can't understand how and does that provide so huge change since it doesn't seem that big improvement in numbers, but I'm happy.
This change was exactly what I needed. Now sub 60 sec running is possible, but only if I try. 58 runs sample, 59.6s average run, before it was 62.6. Still not enough to beat my Pindle barb, but difference is so small now. 5.30 sec per bosspack vs 5.22 sec per bosspack. With some practice it might get better. Saving times are annoyingly long when sub 60 or whatever seconds run, it takes like 3-5 seconds to s/e. Can't improve much more cause of that.
Also sub 60 seconds is almost impossible to maintain for a longer time, 60+ for somewhat relaxed running through longer time. I indeed enjoy my Pit barb now.
60 seconds runs, that's fast! You could post a video after the MFO (if you want to)

jeffy said:

Yes, you can close d2 by pressing Alt + F4 and it won't be saved, if you do it immediately and dont go to town. It worked for me. edit: NO, this does NOT work, read what pharphis said below
hernang said:
60 seconds runs, that's fast! You could post a video after the MFO (if you want to)

Yes, you can close d2 by pressing Alt + F4 and it won't be saved.
I thought this method DID save it, but closing through task manager did not...
@ hernang
Don't have program to do it. Bandicam doesn't work for me. Need to instal some other program which can also record while I play in fullscreen since I never play in window mode.
Pharphis you are right, I've just tested it and alt+f4 doesn't work.
Gripphon it's ok!
11 hours in AT...1100-1200 runs...about 6500 bosspacks later I got one improvement in my top 5. Not bad, but this tempo is impossible to keep up with ofc. AT is fun so it kinda works but just no way.

/vomits backwards
frozzzen said:
11 hours in AT...1100-1200 runs...about 6500 bosspacks later I got one improvement in my top 5. Not bad, but this tempo is impossible to keep up with ofc. AT is fun so it kinda works but just no way.

/vomits backwards
That sounds complicated, and gross.

Most people are saying AT is boring when they run it :p
Yay someone says it's actually fun
When I started running AT at first it was very boring. Now I'm actually enjoying it. Even tho in 6 days of casual running I haven't got anything decent except for an average roll Treks.
You don't launch with double-click "h"?
no way, double click is too risky! Enter + H is better
Gripphon said:
@ hernang
Don't have program to do it. Bandicam doesn't work for me. Need to instal some other program which can also record while I play in fullscreen since I never play in window mode.
Has anyone used HyperCam? I'd like to record my last baal run and need some tips ^.^

I'm not sure how far in, but we've had a few discussions about bandicam in this thread, so I imagine that hypercam will have been brought up too.
With around 2 hours of running this week and maybe 1 hour tops left to run I admit defeat and will bow out gracefully. I found 1 (*one*) qualifyer and even if by some magic chance the two other Pindle guys have found less than that I don't deserve to win.... Good luck to all of you!
I have no motivation to continue running, but I still would like to improve my score and maybe get some sexy runes.

Tox FTW are you running much? ^^
I'm going to blow all you guys out of the water, yeah you better be scared.
nulio said:
I have no motivation to continue running, but I still would like to improve my score and maybe get some sexy runes.

Tox FTW are you running much? ^^
I'm not burning the midnight oil by any means but I'm around 3000 runs. I should get another 500ish before before time is up. Wife/kid/work/holiday festivities/naps take up too much time.

Drops haven't been great but I'm in the top 2 for sure.
I probably have about 4 hours of running time left, but the score hasn't improved since Wednesday. The current map isn't great, but I don't want to waste time trying to get something better, so I will just stick with it.

Really feeling that I am shaping out the bottom of the probability curve nicely at the moment, I need one or two high scoring outliers to boost the score a bit.

Anyone else still running, it seems very quiet here... ?
Gripphon said:
So, respeced my Pit barb and improved him thanks to Fabian and Frozzzen. It turned out I had too low AR, so invested more dex to get it higher. Result is unbelievable, it felt like I played completely new barb. Amazing change with improvement from 80-85% to 95% chance to hit.
How much AR before / after?
I came into this thing super stoked, then my first 650+ runs happened without a 9.3 or higher. I'd guess I'm right about middle of the pack, but certainly not for the quantity of high qualifiers. In that regard, I've been incredibly disappointed with what I've found so far. All that said, I probably have another few hundred runs in me, and will likely finish around 1500 runs.
@ maxicek
6500 before, 12000 after.
Also, since no one is posting anything, I assume all are running like mad (NOT).

Today died with my pitbarb so won't manage to get level this MFO. Megaugly triple archer pack was very nasty.
Daz,

Yeah welcome to high level MFing. It's some of the most soul crushing things you'll ever do, sometimes. Then other times, you'll be like, hey this is easy, man.

Like in the last MFO I found my first fathom+ after 59h iirc. Then, of course, 47h later I had 5 more. Or the time in the last Summer MFO when I had no 9.3+ items or TC87s in 10½ hours (a pretty disgustingly unlucky streak), until I found a random Berserker Axe followed 10 minutes later by a Tyrael's. Streaky game, this.
Dazliare said:
I came into this thing super stoked, then my first 650+ runs happened without a 9.3 or higher. I'd guess I'm right about middle of the pack, but certainly not for the quantity of high qualifiers. In that regard, I've been incredibly disappointed with what I've found so far. All that said, I probably have another few hundred runs in me, and will likely finish around 1500 runs.
Stop doing silly things like sleeping then. More running!
Kitteh said:
Stop doing silly things like sleeping then. More running!
That was me in high school - not so much anymore hahaha. Doesn't help that I'm at work by about 6:30 every morning -.-

Fabian -

I've been through this before. Shortly after I made the barb, I found Death's Web, Templar's, and Astreon's all within like 65 runs and it just wrecked my luck for this mfo. I probably won't play him for the next couple months, and then I'll come back and have decent luck again. There's another aspect to why I'm so disappointed, but I'll wait for the results to discuss it.
Dazliare said:
Shortly after I made the barb, I found Death's Web, Templar's, and Astreon's all within like 65 runs
Do you have that gif bookmarked or something lololol
That's actually a clip of Fabian, himself, when he first found a Tyrael's.
pharphis said:
That's actually a clip of Fabian, himself, when he first found a Tyrael's.
SeewutI'msaying?
Dazliare said:
I've been through this before. Shortly after I made the barb, I found Death's Web, Templar's, and Astreon's all within like 65 runs...
Me when I read this
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4bvvgnQXA1qzbqw1o1_250.gif
That was about me too. I was absolutely shocked that they all came in the same night, let alone that quickly. Guess my luck is forever skewed :/
74 hours in, with 32 hours left (in theory) to run. ** is my personal record, so at least going to try to shoot for that much. A few nice things so far in both categories, but nothing recently. ISO: 65 run luck. >_>

Good luck to everyone in the final stretch.

Just stop running now, I'm totally going to be teh winnerz.

Disregard the fact that I'm not participating.
Probably about 3h more running for me. Really looking for a nice drop now, haven't had anything in the last few days to speak of. Some reasonable non qualifiers though.
Can't wait for this to end. Forcing myself to run everyday, can't do more than 1 hour in a piece, even 30 minutes is challenging from time to time. I end up running majority of day cause after 30 minutes of running there is 30 minutes to 1 hour pause. Simply had no inspiration for majority of MFO. So, last day is here... Time to do final effort... somehow. Tired of this lol.
I want to run Travincal!
We should add trav with rune drops to the mfo!
kestegs said:
We should add trav with rune drops to the mfo!
I suggested a similar thing some time ago and was told that there is a Travincal based competition already, but nobody could link me to it, so it might not be true. Would be very fun though!
I think it might be cool to do a rune finding competition. Maybe have like three distinct categories; Trav, LK, and Countess?
Probably trav, lk, and cows. Countess is not worth it in 1.13

We did rune finding competitions in a different mf competition once, can't remember the name though. Probably doesn't quite fit in to the MFO, but it would be a good idea for a separate competition I think.
kestegs said:

We did rune finding competitions in a different mf competition once, can't remember the name though. Probably doesn't quite fit in to the MFO, but it would be a good idea for a separate competition I think.
I'd be happy to host it (while running lk ofc :)). I'll put together a write up and maybe try it in a few months
kestegs said:

There was a competition that had all kinds of various run places a while back.
That was the MF league.
Rune-finding competition is not a bad idea. However I'm not sure should there be 3 areas. Question is how many people will be interested in this anyway. If number of entrants wont be great, chances are you might have few people in each area or like this mfo many people in one area and few in other two. Perhaps better might be to have 2 areas max to have more competitors in them and better overall results.
I agree now that I think about it. I'll think about when we could do it, and I'll gladly host
Results mailed, Allegro hits 99. Content with the former, ecstatic about the latter! Write-up in progress.
I haven't done a single run. I got called into work after two co-workers called in sick... great timing. I'm sorry guys :/
We had a rune hunt some time ago. There were all sorts of areas being runned (besides usual suspects) like Tal rasha chambers cows etc.
Results sent - I'm quite disappointed. I'll wait for the results to explain why, because my score isn't too bad.
Results sent. I will accept gifts for being number one even before the results are posted.
Results sent. By far the saddest results I've ever amassed.
Results sent.
900 p1 pit runs, berserker barb with 400MF. 71 qualifiers found, 2 grailers (~10 left). And another Lenymo and Gull :p

edit: I'm in for the rune-finding competition
rune finding? Maybe I would give that a try.

Also, sorry to be one of the players who didn't really play for various reasons. We'll pretend it's because I wanted to beat seb fair and square. No point sending in my 3-5 items lol.

1 hour left technically... but too tired. Results getting sent shortly.

Wanted to pick up a Cham rune as well as enough experience to get to 97. Managed only one of the two. Meh.
I wake up at 8am on post-MFO Monday morning and immediately start compiling results. Of course, some are missing. Public shaming time, Virtue, Psycho, zgpmf, ToxFTW, CrazyRunnerGuy, Thyiad. This is why we can't have nice things.

(note: if you're on the west coast in the US, don't worry about not having sent results yet. Good luck on your final 20 minutes of running!)

To the rest of you,

Nice, that's nice. One of these days, everyone will send results. In the meantime, thanks to you guys for sending.
Sorry for late response, I had some internet issues last night. I barely did couple of hours of running in past 10 days, so no top 5 from me this time, maybe I'll have better motivation next time.
Fabian said:
I wake up at 8am on post-MFO Monday morning and immediately start compiling results. Of course, some are missing. Public shaming time, Virtue, Psycho, zgpmf, ToxFTW, CrazyRunnerGuy, Thyiad. This is why we can't have nice things.

(note: if you're on the west coast in the US, don't worry about not having sent results yet. Good luck on your final 20 minutes of running!)

To the rest of you,

Nice, that's nice. One of these days, everyone will send results. In the meantime, thanks to you guys for sending.
Hey! Woke up at 5 AM local time, went running, showered, ate, and the first thing I did before anything else was send results. /endpublicshaming
Crazy Runner Guy said:
Hey! Woke up at 5 AM local time, went running, showered, ate, and the first thing I did before anything else was send results. /endpublicshaming
Ditto! Except that I slept until 6 and haven't showered or ate. Now I have to pound a bowl of cereal in the 3 minutes I have left before leaving for work.
I have an apology to make to you guys. I managed about three runs and that's it. Yes three runs in ten days.

Unsurprisingly my best drop was an Essence which you're welcome to if you want.

My congratulations to those participants who did participate.
Thyiad said:
I have an apology to make to you guys. I managed about three runs and that's it. Yes three runs in ten days.

Unsurprisingly my best drop was an Essence which you're welcome to if you want.

My congratulations to those participants who did participate.
You should do one more run, I did like 4 WSK runs to drop qualifier, but I am happy I was not the one with less number of runs :D
Any progress on people sending results in, Fabian? I always enjoy the results :)
No more luck, no. I'm posting the results thread in 70 minutes, that's 12 hours after midnight on the west coast. People have been impatient all day and I would have done it sooner, but I did foolishly put 12 hours in the original post, so I might as well honor that.
Ah I see, well thanks for doing your best, I'll look forward to it :)
Nothing to see here, moved to results thread.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High